Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

+4
charminglane
jeanne1807
janie
lisette
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry officially granted the prosecution's request for sanctions on Thursday, setting forth both a fine and a time line for the defense in the case against Casey Anthony.

At a hearing on Monday, Perry said the defense had committed a willful violation of a court order by not submitting proper documentation of the subject matter of what its experts would testify to when the murder trial begins in May.

READ: Judge Perry's Order

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Jose Baez be sanctioned with civil contempt and be fined $500 per day for not complying with the court.

Perry said on Monday he would sanction the defense and set a timeline for the submission of the experts' reports.

Embed this VideoxEmailFacebookDiggTwitterYahoo BuzzRedditDelicious Link

Raw Video: Perry Sanctions Casey Defense
In Thursday's order, Perry fined the defense $583.73. That cost was the state's estimate of costs for filing the motion that asked for sanctions. Baez has 5 days to contest the amount.

The defense now has 10 days to submit the report from one of its expert witnesses, Dr. Kenneth Furton, and 20 days for the remaining experts.

Perry said that all opinions not expressed in the written reports will not be allowed at the trial.
source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

I read somewhere possibly hinky meter or sprocket that Baez is thinking of filing more motions regarding these experts reports. I cannot imagine that he would try the patience of the court by still filing more motions. Someone said they were getting "motion
sickness". His expert opinions might not match enough to make a cohesive argument against the states experts that the body was left there in June.
There was talk that Dr Lee was the who could pull it together, but as we have learned of Dr Lee - he doesnt work for a box of oranges and if you dont pay him you get nothing!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Good article from Hinky Meter:

Caylee Anthony case: Just Google It!
Posted on January 6, 2011 by JWG
Hal Boedeker, the Orlando Sentinel’s TV Guy and More, opened his blog today with the following:

“A hearing, some sparring and a ruling — all in less than a half-hour,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Jim Payne said in introducing the latest Casey Anthony news today.“Once again the defense suffered a blow,” WESH’s Amanda Ober reported.

What Hal was referring to was, of course, Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez’s Motion for Application for Subpoena Duces Tecum. This motion was an attempt by Mr. Baez to obtain photographs taken by Joseph Jordan during one or more searches he conducted or otherwise participated in while looking for the missing Caylee Anthony. Mr. Baez asserted in his motion that “Some of the photographs illustrated areas searched that were near or on Suburban Drive.” He also complained in his motion that Mr. Jordan’s website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was no longer available, implying that the pictures themselves were no longer available on the web.

As Mr. Boedeker pointed out in his blog, Mr. Baez received a judicial smackdown in his request to subpoena the pictures from Mr. Jordan. (I feel like I am writing for the New York Times with the “Mr. This” and “Mr. That”.) The Honorable Belvin Perry delivered the crucial smack upside the head when he told Mr. Baez “I cannot give you a license to fish.” That is because, of course, Judge Perry does not work for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

What Judge Perry did not say to Mr. Baez but could have is this: “Mr. Jordan’s images remain available on the internet today. Go download them yourself.” Since this was not done in court, I will provide Mr. Baez – free of charge (pro bono, if you will) – instructions on how to obtain the images from the comfort of his own beach chair (assuming he has wireless).

Go to google.com
Click on the “images” search option.
Enter “http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/” as the search term.
View the results.
Clicking on any one of the images will take you to the website currently hosting the image, and usually several others can be found there as well.

I do recall seeing Mr. Jordan’s photos on his website back in late 2008, and I don’t remember seeing any other besides what can be found via the above method. What is important to note is that he took the pictures in Jay Blanchard Park, not Suburban Drive. So perhaps Mr. Baez is trying to build a case around the “Zanny knocked me down and gave me a script in Jay Blanchard Park” story.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3