Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

Post by charminglane on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Thank you all for your commentary today.
It is very much appreciated!♥♥♥

charminglane

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Casey Anthony Court Hearing, Mon.,1/3/11/Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled for Wed.,1/5 at 1:30

Post by artgal16 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm

I truly believe Mason was going to go back to Baez's office and really let him have it. Mason told the judge he had never been sanctioned and it was never going to happen. Can Mason bow out? They would still have Ann Fennell for the death penalty lawyer wouldnt they?
Im sure that Mason is rueing the day he ever signed on. Serves him right for being so arrogant. He is certainly overrated from what I have seen so far. He mumbles and I can hardly understand him.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks lisette for the commentary. I love when you do that for us. If GA is working that would be a first in a long time. When a person starts a new job they don't want to ask for time off to attend murderous daughter hearings.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:27 pm

If GA is working, he's probably glad to have an excuse to not come to court. I think he's through with KC and is only staying with CA until after the trial. JMO.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:52 am

I agree
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 am

I think Mr. Mason really overstepped the boundries of good taste when he questioned if the court reporters would be able to understand the teminology of the defense witnesses experts.

Judge Perry let them all know that his court reporters are all trained professionals.

Our oldest daughter went to college for court reporting. That was a four year degree program.

So you have a college graduate court reporter.

The woman I observed in Judge Perrys court seem to be older with I bet a lot of experience to go with the education.
So yes Mr. Mason..they can understand the BIG WORDS.

What an Archie Bunker kind of statement for Mason to make.

Does he think all women typists and uneducated?

Somebody should tell him it is 2011..not 1950. We burned our bras a long time ago.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 am

And to add to the above I bet Mason is fit to be tied that the lead prosecutor is a woman and smarter than him and Baez put together. And she is blonde and beautiful to boot.

So put that in your pipe Mason. lol
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 am

Now I would love to discuss the type of jury that will be seated.

I think Baez will look for younger men not highly educated.

I think the prosecution will be looking for professional men and women.

I think Casey will play to the men in the jury. Working her evil magic.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:35 am

The mans reputation seems to me to be either over-rated or was made when he was in his prime. He should retire - he cant hear anything that is said,
he mumbles and seems rather nervous is some ways
especially knowing how many years he was in practice.
As to court reporters, I saw a video recently of a woman who was either nearing 100 or in her late 90s and still working!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I rewatched part of the hearing last night, some that I missed when I lost connection. I think Bozo got really ticked off at Mason when he kinda brushed off the filing by that Curtis Jackson guy, a prisoner that says that KC is innocent b/c someone else confessed to him that he killed Caylee. Mason just kind of laughed and said that they weren't interested. Bozo looked like he wanted to say something, but just spun around and sat down...His body language said to me that he didn't appreciate Mason speaking for the defense on that matter. The whole situation yesterday made Bozo look like a kid in trouble with his father speaking for him...He looked very uncomfortable. He is going down, and he knows it. :cheering:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Its funny we always think of the other lawyers qutting - I dont believe Baez can quit now, but I bet he would love to. The notariety this has brought him probably has brought him business, but now hes so busy with this case, he cant work on anything else!
I thought that crack about his making only three dollars an hour as Caseys attorney was way out of line.
If I was the defendent I would have been furious that he say such a thing in court.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Don't remember seeing this video before. Shows Jose in his smart looking glasses..he looks like a blind man and shows Mason with one of this smart aleck remarks.
What a perfect team this is. Mason, Baez and Casey. The dream team.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:27 pm

This is good for a smile and a wink. Enjoy.

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/jose-and-the-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day/
:lol!: Jeanne
I sure hope this ineffective Counsel is not purposely trying to create a mistrial and grounds for appeal on a conviction.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Actually I don't think they are going to get much over on Judge Perry. He has been..as they say..around the block a few times.

He told them yesterday he is prepared to do a second trial. He is taking no prisoners.

I loved when in open court he brought out the name of the nutcase behind bars that says he knows who killed Caylee.

That pretty much takes that one out for the Defense.

Tomorrow is another motion. Wondering if the princess will attend. I believe JP said she was expected at all hearings and motions because this is "her trial".

I am also waiting to see if they all change seats as Judge Perry suggested to Mason who did not like people looking over his back. lol Nice try.

But now JP told him..move your show over there with the wall to your back. Lets see if that happens. Not!!
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:01 pm

There is another hearing scheduled tomorrow
at 1:30 eastern if anyone knows if she will appear please post this.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Hearing On EquuSearch Scheduled In Casey Case

Posted: 5:40 pm EST January 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors have scheduled more depositions of Casey Anthony's expert witnesses. A hearing scheduled for Wednesday at 1:30pm, concerns a defense motion regarding a member of Texas EquuSearch.

WEDNESDAY'S MOTION: Duces Tecum

Casey's attorney's want pictures they said Joe Jordan took of the scene where Caylee's body was found. Casey is not required to attend Wednesday's hearing.

Meanwhile, defense expert, botanist Dr. Jane Bock will be deposed on January 18. Defense bug expert Dr. Tim Huntington will be questioned under oath on January 28.

The experts have been ordered by the judge to provide written reports before the depositions.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks wrap!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 pm

I found a picture of the courtroom and thought you might like to see it. If the defense..changes seats they will be sitting on the right hand side facing jury members and also able to be seen by the others in the courtroom..especially Cindy staring at Casey. My money is on them not changing seats.

Room 23 at the courthouse.

Last edited by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Court costs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Jeanne, you really did your homework on this one!!!! Thanks! :cheering:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

I agree. Casey will prefer to keep her back to the people sitting in the visitors seats.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:59 am

Will be interesting to see where they sit at today's hearing...But, if KC doesn't attend, maybe they will just stay put. I agree that she would rather stay with her back to the gallery (and Cindy) and not directly facing the jurors.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

TruTV is showing Bozo and Mason in the courtroom...Bozo is talking to the guy Jim Lichenstein(?) that is supposed to be making some kind of documentary...Is that right?
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Only livestream I can find is on WESH...JP just came in
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 pm

No CA that I can see...KC's appearance is waived by defense...This is not the same courtroom as Mon.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Bozo is talking...saying that Joe Jordan sent email to LE saying that he thought the remains were moved to the location after TES searched...since then has backtracked on that. Said that Joe Jordan had blogged quite a bit, stating that he has photos showing the area before remains were found.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 pm

JJ's counsel is saying that defense did not question JJ about any photos...JJ is not an expert, just speculating online like many others..No evidence that he has any of these photos that they are claiming.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Bozo is saying that they didn't know these photos existed until they actually looked up some of the blogs that JJ had contributed to...JP is asking him if JJ had actually stated on his blogging that he had taken pictures that had relevancy to this case. Trying to find out if they are just going on a "fishing expedition"...Cannot give him a license to go fishing on a citizen...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Where are you guys watching this? I get nothing at
wesh.com
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Watching on Fox35 News Live (myorlando.com)...Great, does not time out like WFTV and WESH...Bozo seems to think that they have basis to ask for this subpoena..JP is asking if they showed him pictures of the area and specified if the exact area was searched. Bozo had to confess No...Again, JP is asking if JJ stated to them or on a blog that he had actually photos of that exact area...Bozo is smearing JJ, saying that he has obstructed the defense, JJ's lawyer objected...

Last edited by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Motion denied...LOL. Poor Bozo...He is so pitiful. crazy3 la la la

Last edited by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:51 pm

JA wants to address receipt of experts' reports for the scheduling of expert depos...Evidently Bozo has asked for 20 days on the sanctioned reports. JA is asking that the reports could be more staggered according to when depos are scheduled instead of receiving all the reports at one time in 20 days. I mean, afterall, this IS a sanction for not giving the ordered info...It shouldn't be something that makes the prosecution's job harder! In his response, Bozo is a babbling fool...saying that they have papers to file, still doing research, yada.yada.yada....

Last edited by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm

JA is willing to work with Bozo on coordinating the reports with the depos of the experts...JP is saying that he will be working on the sanction order at 3:00...If they want to have input, they can give it by then, BUT he doesn't HAVE to have their input to issue the order. Bozo got spanked again :lol!:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I am more convinced at each hearing that Bozo is not capable of practicing law...He does not seem to know how or what to do. He thinks that he can just stand up and ask for something and it should be granted, even without law to support it. The contrast between him and JA/LDB and any of the other lawyers that have presented (except perhaps CMI) makes it so obvious that he is not in their league. I hate to say it, but if anyone would have basis for appeal for incompetent counsel, KC will. And her stubborness in keeping him over the skepticism of GA and Lee hopefully will be her undoing..."He's the lawyer I chose, and I'm going to keep him! He thinks I'm pretty and smart and likes to write me love notes, so he must be good, right?" Sarcasm huge waste
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Someone wrote that they got the impression that Baez is now going to make a motion that his experts dont have to write a report. I read that over at the comments at the hinky meter, I have no idea where they would get such an idea. If Baez does that and its denied then I believe none of his experts are going to be allowed in - and then what happens? My thoughts are that there is no defense at all here. Baez has been trying to find someone who could say that the area was not underwater and that the body was placed after Casey was in jail. Thats just not going to fly. Kronk wont work as a suspect either they have dropped that and they cant use the Nanny defense.
What in the world is left to him to say? If he doesnt get in experts that would at least try to repudiate the science then I just cannot understand what kind of defense they can muster. They need to beg for a plea
not that the State would agree to it at this late date.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:30 pm

I agree, Artgal. The thing is when one is so OBVIOUSLY guilty, the only defense is to have as much evidence as possible disputed and thrown out. It worked in one case I can recall, but bozo is no johnny cocran.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry denied a defense motion on Wednesday that asked for a witness in the case against Casey Anthony to hand over photographs of an area off of Suburban Drive.

Anthony was not present at the Wednesday hearing.

Defense attorney Jose Baez claimed that Joe Jordan, a Texas EquuSearch volunteer, has photographs of areas off of Suburban Drive.

READ: Defense Motion
READ: Motion To Strike
LISTEN: Joe Jordan Phone Interview

Caylee Anthony's remains were found in December 2008 in that area by former meter reader Roy Kronk.

"There is a very strong possibility that [Jordan] potentially does have evidence," Baez said.

Perry asked Baez if Jordan stated in his deposition whether or not he took photographs of the area in question that might have relevance to the case. Baez said he never asked Jordan because he was not aware of the photographs at the time of his deposition.

"The only way that we're able to see if he has photographs is to get a subpoena," Baez said.

"I cannot give you a license to fish," Perry said at the hearing.

Anthony's defense team said it learned in April 2010 that Jordan e-mailed detectives at one point to say he and others thoroughly searched the exact spot off of Suburban Drive where the remains were found. Jordan later said that was not his claim.

Baez admitted at Wednesday's hearing that Jordan said he had only searched the "general vicinity" where the remains were found and not the exact spot. Baez said Jordan searched 20 to 30 feet away from the exact spot.

Attorneys also discussed deadlines in the case relating to the defense's written statements from its expert witnesses.

On Monday, Perry said the defense had committed willful violations by not submitting proper documentation and agreed to sanction the defense.

Perry said he would submit an order on the issue later on Wednesday afternoon and cautioned defense attorneys and the prosecution to send him feedback on a time line for the expert statements before he issues an order.

"I would like your input, but I do not need your input," said Perry, who has often reminded the defense and prosecution that he has no problem setting time lines himself.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 pm

OJs trial was a travesty - they actually got blood on his shoes thrown out. It was jury nullification in every sense of the meaning. The evidence was overwhelming
against him and he still walked free. But he isnt free anymore - which to me is one of the most unbelievable
cases of pure irony I have ever seen.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:47 pm

artgal16 wrote:OJs trial was a travesty - they actually got blood on his shoes thrown out. It was jury nullification in every sense of the meaning. The evidence was overwhelming
against him and he still walked free. But he isnt free anymore - which to me is one of the most unbelievable
cases of pure irony I have ever seen.

I agree
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I believed at one point in Casey's case that they might try to throw out a conviction based upon ineffectual council however, Mason is extremely well regarded
and is part of this case, so as much as Baez screws up,
Mason is still right there with him, and it would be very hard to say that she wasnt properly represented.
She is screwed as she should be, as she is guilty guilty guilty!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 pm

More good news. Enjoy.

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Perry to bozo “I cannot give you a license to fish.”

Love it!
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

I cant find a video of the entire hearing today - if someone finds one could they kindly post it
thanks!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by lisette on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Casey Anthony: What does she think of her attorneys now?

Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on January, 4 2011 6:13 PM

Casey Anthony attended a court hearing Monday.
WESH-Channel 2 took a speculative look at Casey Anthony’s defense team tonight.

Anchor Jim Payne asked, “Is Casey Anthony’s defense team in trouble and, if so, how deep?”

Chief Judge Belvin Perry blasted defense attorneys yesterday for flouting rules on providing detailed information about what their experts will offer at trial. Perry found Jose Baez in “willful violation” of providing the information.

Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers legal analysis for WESH, raised this issue: “More than anything I’ve got to wonder what Casey Anthony’s thinking when she sees her lawyers are suddenly being chastised by the judge who’s going to preside over her case.”

Which is certainly an interesting point: Has Anthony ever seemed unhappy with her attorneys? She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that another hearing in the case is set for tomorrow. The issue is a defense motion about Texas EquuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan. The defense wants photographs that Jordan took of the spot where Caylee Anthony’s remains were found.

At 5, WESH’s Amanda Ober turned to a new defense motion. In this one, the defense team wants to suppress comments that Anthony made to investigators shortly after her daughter was reported missing. The defense argues that Anthony was effectively in custody of investigators and should have been told of her Miranda rights, Ober reported.

But Hornsby noted that Anthony voluntarily took detectives to Universal, so a Miranda warning wasn’t necessary. Such questioning of a mother whose child has vanished is not unusual, Hornsby added.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Also, the WESH post upthread has video of Bozo trying to make sense. crazy3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Todays Hearing

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video - Thanks, Jeanne!!)
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Thank you Jeanne!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:38 am

I just watched the hearing from yesterday. I have to say I love this Judge. He is respectful and diligent. I loved how nicely he explained to Baez how to make a report from the notes taken when the experts gave opinions and conclusions . Duh!
Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:18 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry officially granted the prosecution's request for sanctions on Thursday, setting forth both a fine and a time line for the defense in the case against Casey Anthony.

At a hearing on Monday, Perry said the defense had committed a willful violation of a court order by not submitting proper documentation of the subject matter of what its experts would testify to when the murder trial begins in May.

READ: Judge Perry's Order

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Jose Baez be sanctioned with civil contempt and be fined $500 per day for not complying with the court.

Perry said on Monday he would sanction the defense and set a timeline for the submission of the experts' reports.

Embed this VideoxEmailFacebookDiggTwitterYahoo BuzzRedditDelicious Link

Raw Video: Perry Sanctions Casey Defense
In Thursday's order, Perry fined the defense $583.73. That cost was the state's estimate of costs for filing the motion that asked for sanctions. Baez has 5 days to contest the amount.

The defense now has 10 days to submit the report from one of its expert witnesses, Dr. Kenneth Furton, and 20 days for the remaining experts.

Perry said that all opinions not expressed in the written reports will not be allowed at the trial.
source:
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum