Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+14
gnreed
Turtle
TerryRose
CritterFan1
cherylz
artgal16
raine1953
Wrapitup
laga
charminglane
Praying For Faith
jeanne1807
Nama
lisette
18 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by cherylz Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:07 am

Yep. I too wathced NG last nite. Mother does seem credible. As soon as she said she was told her BF flunked the poly and then hers was administered...I thought..."not good".
I think it was the BF. He had a slight smile on his face when he was interviewed and said "I couldn't hurt her". And the fact that her friend didn't know she was coming for a sleepover. That doesn't bode well w/ me.

cherylz

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by artgal16 Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 am

This is a review of the Nancy Grace Show that aired on Thursday, January 6, 2011.

On the Nancy Grace Show, it was revealed that the mother of missing 13 year old, Hailey Dunn, Billie Dunn, failed her polygraph, as did her live in boyfriend; who, according to the mother, has moved out on her command.

Billie Dunn stated that she took the polygraph that she requested, and did so immediatley. Shawn Atkins did not take it immediately, in spite of the claim by Nancy Grace that he did so without delay.

Question: is a polygraph reliable?

Answer: Yes. However...the must be administered properly.

The skill of the polygrapher is a vital aspect of measuring sensitivity indicators. Let's take a look at what Billie Dunn reported.

Thus far, we have not seen many sensitivity indicators from Billie Dunn, but when we did, we found them associated with the boyfriend, but we also had Billie Dunn speak in the past tense of her daughter.

When a parent of a missing child speaks in the past tense, it is a red flag.

It may be that:

a. She knows her daughter is dead. This means that interviewers must learn why mother thinks her daughter is dead; does she have inside knowledge? Did she kill her daughter? Did she partake in the death? Did someone tell her?

b. She believes she is dead. Although highly unusual, as most mothers will not be able to accept a child's death, so police must focus upon if the mother has this fear, and if so, why.

c. She was referring to a specific event, which was in the past. This would be appropriate use.

In this case, the mother was talking about how Hailey walked alone in day light. If she was referring to a specific walk or even a specific time period, it is appropriate.

Regardless, it is flagged.

In terms of the polygraph, the sensitivity indicators are:

blood pressure
respiration
heart rate
skin perspiration

The interview is usually conducted twice, (screening and actual test) with the subject knowing ahead of time what questions are going to be asked. The questions must be simple. Also, the interviewer must attempt to be clear and if necessary, enter into the subject's personal, internal language.

For instance, many child molestors who do not inflict injury, do not consider what they have done "harming" a child. If a polygrapher asks,

"Did you molest Sally Sue?" to a subject who fondled the child; the subject, who believes in his internal personal dictionary that he "tickled" Sally Sue, can pass this test. The proper question would be different:

"Did you touch Sally Sue on her chest?". This is plain language and is easier to discern truth.

The mother said that she was informed of the boyfriend's failed result before her test and was asked the unusual question:

"Are you afraid of any questions we might ask you?"

I have never heard of a polygrapher giving results out to one party just prior to being tested. Did this disrupt the baseline?
The baseline is established, even if the subject is terribly nervous. We do not know when she was told this, but if she was worrying about her daughter, and was now just told that he failed the polygraph, her mind (and heart rate) would be racing.

This was not a wise practice by the polygrapher. In the very least, the fact that boyfriend failed polygraph should have been entrusted to the interviewer to use, as a tool, during the interview.

Statement Analysis rivals the results of a polygraph, and just like the skill of the polygrapher, the skill of the analyst can make a difference but also can the size of the sample.

It is more reliable to discern truth or deception by analyzing a longer statement (longer interview).

On the NG Show, she did not spend much time asking Hailey Dunn's many questions when the mother would be the best source of information. Instead, she went to the attorney panel who all say the same thing:

No one takes a polygraph until I give my client one in my office
and
There's not admissible.

Nancy Grace should have directed questions to the mother about the boyfriend's attitude towards Hailey.

Where did you meet Shawn?
Does he have a criminal history?
Has he ever been accused of a crime against children?
Does he have a driver's license?
Does he have a job?
Has he ever been arrested?
Did you ever talk to his ex? (something I press women to do...the ex represents the best source of information)
Was he affectionate?
Did he discipline her?
Was he alone with her? How often?
What was their interaction like?
Did she ever co sleep with you? with boyfriend in bed?
How does he get along with 16 year old son? Has he ever used physical discipline on either child?
Do you have pets? how is he towards the pets?

and on and on it goes.

Bethany Marshall finally prompted NG to ask some questions. This revealed:

Hailey did not like Shawn.
Billie met her on MySpace.
Billie thought her parents wouldn't reunite because of Shawn.

There is much more needed to be asked. Even though she failed the poly, Billie returned to the show.

NG's expert on polygraphs stated that it is "emotions" and that by telling Billie that her boyfriend failed before taking her own may have "destroyed" the polygraph, reflecting Nancy Grace's use of the word "destroy" back to her ,and then said that Ativan may have more influence upon truthful answers than upon deceptive ones.

Police need to continue to focus upon the mother and her boyfriend but should not limit their investigation to these people but continue to search the area, canvassing for sex offenders as well as re interview mother and boyfriend, and ask the FBI to polygraph both...again.
source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am

I am interested in the neighbor that seemed to know Haileys habits well and didn't show his face to the camera.

Also interested in brother Davids movements that day.
He is the one that reported b/f failed poly.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Strangest thing. They are going door to door in groups of two and checking neighbors closets. Hummm.

Tim Miller and Texas Equasearch is on his way in. The family has requested him. I am betting he will head up a big search this weekend.

Reading most of this on Haileys facebook page.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Haileys Father

CLINTON W DUNN
Offender ID: 10122916334232
Date of Birth: 10/20/1977
Race: White

Custody Status: Out of Custody
Date: 12/30/2010
Reason: General release
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm

The latest.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:48 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:Haileys Father

CLINTON W DUNN
Offender ID: 10122916334232
Date of Birth: 10/20/1977
Race: White

Custody Status: Out of Custody
Date: 12/30/2010
Reason: General release

Jeanne - I can't get the link above to work. I wonder if LE has shut it down?

Now I don't know what to believe. One thing I know not to do, is to believe things I hear on NG, I usually don't but I did last night now I just don't know. I still want to think Billie Dunn is being honest.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Watching NG but she doesnt seem to be covering this case tonight - I wonder why?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Mom leaving home for another interview.

Interesting video of former mayor.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 pm

I like what the former mayor had to say about NG, follow the rules that others have to follow, when you're told something, verify. She should always verify if her source is accurate or maybe it's something that shouldn't be said on the air yet. But then again, she gets the ratings from not verifying and sensationalizing, so maybe she won't change.
I will give the NG show credit thou', they were the ones to bring national attention to this case and that's invaluable.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:48 am

The fact that there were failed polys came straight out of the mouth of the mother. I think certain members of LE are upset with NG and Mark Klass about their opinions of the handling of the case. In my opinion they are pointing fingers elsewhere, ie. NG show and the Amber alert, to cover their real mishandling of this missing teenager's case. NG does sensationalize but that is what gets viewers, there is no more "just the news" programs.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 am

I couldnt watch all NG last night did she even cover this case?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:57 am

Laga, I didn't really think about it but I think you're probably right. I think that Mark Klass was on the dime with what he said. Even thou' the former Mayor was interesting to listen to, they have a police force of 6, they should made a request for Texas Rangers (and/or other agencies) much sooner. I think I read that it was Billie Dunn who actually called the Texas Rangers (?) because Colorado City LE said her daughter was a runaway. It sounds like Amber Alert laws need be re-written, sooner than later (IMO), lives are at stake and that just shouldn't happen. I get so sick of the sensationalizing, even on local nightly news but if viewers didn't like it, it wouldn't be happening.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:02 am

Without national media these cases would just be limited to local stations and newspapers. I know I didnt know about TES until the Natalee Holoway case
and Ive donated to them many times so it does help
with programs like Grace's and also Mark Klass's experience with dealing with so many parents and loved ones of the missing also gives a lot of insights.
I think if NG didnt carry the case yesterday it probably was because of her critics. She can pick and choose who gets airtime as unfortunately there are so many of these cases and all of them need publicizing.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 am

Yes, the isolation bubble has been popped and even though there is a lot of "wagging the dog" going on, I think the knowledge the public gains makes a more informed citizen, one who hopefully is able to sort through the sensationalizm and bias to get closer to the truth (if there is such a thing).

laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 am

UPDATE: Hailey Investigation Focusing Near Town of Dunn

Saturday, 11:00 a.m. Update:
Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer tells KTAB's Tiffany Tatro law enforcement will be focusing in on the town of Dunn Saturday after going door-to-door in Colorado City Friday.
Kampfer says a command post is being set up in the small town approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City.

Dunn is where searchers discovered oil field glasses and a knife sheath in a stream Friday evening. A volunteer searcher also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they discovered tire tracks leading to an empty field. The searcher said authorities were alerted.

Law enforcement can't yet confirm they've visited that location.

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

Again, Kampfer says none of the developments or discoveries made by the volunteer search parties can be tied directly back to Hailey's disappearance.

Saturday, 8:00 a.m. Update:
Some items discovered by searchers late Friday have raised the eyebrows of investigators in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed authorities were looking at two items discovered in a stream near the home of one of Shawn Adkins' relatives. Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. It's believed Adkins may be staying at the home, according to the CBS affiliate in Midland.

Kampfer told KTAB News someone located oil field glasses as well as a knife sheath.

At this point, authorities have no reason to believe they're connected to the case. However, they plan to follow all leads.

Because the stream where the items were discovered is so close to the home where Adkins might be staying, crews from the Midland CBS affiliate knocked on the door of the home to see if they could speak with Adkins about the findings.

A male reportedly came to the door and told CBS 7 crews, "our attorney has advised us to not speak with anyone. No comment".

As investigators take tips and continue to interview those who knew and came in contact with Hailey, they report no single key theory in Hailey's disappearance has emerged.

"We're looking at anybody, we're looking at everybody," said Texas Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean. "We aren't focused on one person or one or two people. There's no smoking gun out there."

At this point, authorities still have no suspects in the teen's disappearance. Dean tells bigcountyrhomepage.com that can be typical in an investigation of this nature.

"Everything takes time," said Dean. "Not everyone is forthcoming with interviews and telling the truth. It doesn't mean they're guilty of something. They may just not be comfortable talking to a police officer."

Authorities seized new evidence Friday from the Dunn household. KTAB cameras were rolling as law enforcement took away one of Billie Dunn's vehicles as well as an X-Box from the home. Law enforcement told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they were looking for any clues regarding Hailey's disappearance. The vehicle is expected to be taken to professionals to be inspected.

Hailey's mother, Billy Dunn, also spent a few hours Friday evening speaking with Texas Rangers about the investigation. Dunn told bigcountryhomepage.com she gave authorities another statement and was given the option to speak with a grief counseler.

Billie Dunn was joined by Hailey's father Clint Dunn outside the home after she returned. Both declined to do on-camera interviews. The pair did, however, wish to express frustration about not being kept in the loop regarding the investigation.

When asked whether they had anything they wanted to say to the public, Hailey's father spoke out.

"Don't forget, just please don't forget (about Hailey) until we bring her home," Clint Dunn said.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:49 am

Here's the link to a video, I can't find an embedding code to post it.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Oil field glasses?? Is this safety glasses used by oil field workers and if so, how are they different from other safety glasses used in other works???? How would these glasses be relivant to the disappearance? I guess it might be odd that with the knife sheath it was dispossed of in the stream. Any ideas???????
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 pm

COLORADO CITY — Law-enforcement officials and residents hit the streets Friday to continue the search for missing Colorado City middle school student Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Hailey reportedly was seen last by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Dec. 27. Adkins reported he was told by Hailey around 3:15 p.m. that she would be walking to her father’s house then to the home of a friend, Mary Beth Garcia, to spend the night. Hailey’s dad said she did not visit him that day. And according to the Garcia family, she didn’t spend the night with her friend.

Plainclothes officers were dispatched from a temporary command center Friday morning to canvass the town in search of clues. Senior Trooper Sparky Dean with the Texas Department of Public Safety said that about a dozen groups consisting of two officers each spent the morning going door to door in the northern part of Colorado City to look for physical evidence and general information.

Dean said officers were told to look specifically for the missing teen, adding that authorities aren’t interested in illegal activities unrelated to Dunn’s disappearance.

“Part of finding Hailey is finding out where she is not,” Dean said.

Law enforcement officers conducted a foot search Wednesday for Hailey and a helicopter search Thursday afternoon. As officials canvassed the northern part of town, community members from throughout the region took up an effort of their own.

At 2 p.m., Colorado City resident Stephanie Boyd — who described herself only as a concerned resident — gathered a group of community members to embark on a foot search for the teen, who now has been missing for 11 days.

Boyd got the word out about the search using a Facebook page titled “Find Hailey Dunn,” which describes the girl as “a daughter, a sister, a friend and a child of God who has lost her way.”

Multiple groups of 15 or more residents launched searches in Colorado City and the surrounding area.

The search efforts were not conducted by city officials or law enforcement.

Boyd said she had a “gut feeling” she would find some evidence of Hailey Dunn between Colorado City and Dunn, a community about 15 miles north of Colorado City on State Highway 208.

A grandmother of Adkins’ lives in Dunn, where some Colorado City residents believe Adkins has been staying. He was not in Colorado City on Friday, and law enforcement officials did not confirm his location, although they said they were sure of his whereabouts.

Bill Stinson said he has lived in Colorado City for 72 years and that he knows every cow trail in Mitchell County. He already had been searching for Hailey for two days but joined the resident-led search Friday afternoon.

“If she’s still in Mitchell County, we’ll find her today,” he said. “I just hope we find her alive somewhere.”

Also Friday, Colorado City police took Billie Jean Dunn’s car to go through it “with a fine-tooth comb,” Dean said. Also taken from her home was an Xbox, likely to see when it may have been last used by Hailey Dunn. A replacement unit was given the family, he said.

Hailey’s parents appeared on the “Nancy Grace” cable-TV program Thursday night and gave a statement to media at their home following the show.

Father Clint Dunn, who is estranged from Billie Jean Dunn, said he was in the dark concerning further investigation by law enforcement.

Mother Billie Jean Dunn said during the TV show that she and Adkins had failed polygraph tests given to them by law enforcement Wednesday.

City Manager Pete Kampfer, who has served as spokesman for the police department, said Friday it is the policy of federal and state officials to withhold information about the passing or failing of polygraph tests. He said the two were given polygraph tests but were not advised that they had passed or failed.

Billie Jean Dunn told Grace that she had put her hope in the polygraphs clearing her name and that of her boyfriend. That confidence, she said, has been lost.

“There’s no way that I would ever protect anybody,” she said. “If I thought he had anything to do with it, I would have came forward a long time ago.”

After the polygraph tests, she said she began to lose hope that Hailey would ever come home.

“One way or another,” Billie Jean Dunn said, “somebody took her. Somebody snatched her off the street. At this point ... I don’t have a good feeling at all.”

After the tests were administered Wednesday, Adkins departed Billie Jean Dunn’s home on Chestnut Street.

He did not appear on “Nancy Grace” on Thursday night after previously being present with Dunn during interviews by local and national media.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 pm

They are searching in Dunn, Texas today.

They are chasing their tails. I don't think anybody, as hard as they have worked, has a clue what happened to Hailey.

No TES..they are on standby.
No Amber Alert
No clear suspects after 2 weeks.

This one is a tough one. Lots of questionable people in Haileys life.

Lots of speculation she might have met somebody on the internet.

I guess Colorado City is a huge truck route city. That Motel that is close to their home is used by truckers getting off the road.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:39 pm

It is, Jeanne. They have really messed this one up. head bang
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:46 pm

They really have totally messed up! I understand the Amber Alert and why they couldn't issue one, the criteria they go by for it was not there. That does not absolve them of their duty to LOOK for her, SEARCH for evidence, OBTAIN the facts and most importantly, NOT ASSUME FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE. They assumed she was a runaway and did nothing. Now they are spending a lot of energy attacking the media and the State Amber Alert System. What does it really matter if the award is $10 or $10,000, what is the difference between telling a person they failed a polygraph or it showed deception, why contnue to push for the Amber Alert all this time later. As I said before, they are in CYA mode and meanwhile Hailey is MISSING!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Wrapitup wrote:BF did NOT pass the poly. That is why Billie asked him to move out.
This am I realized my mistake and was coming to change it he did not pass the poly .That is what I get for being almost asleep.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Some my space pictures of Shawn Adkins. Hummm I say. Hummm.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:48 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:Some my space pictures of Shawn Adkins. Hummm I say. Hummm.

I say more than hummm after going to the profile page----all manner of evil is of interest to this person it seems, to put it politely. The photo on the link pictures also one of two men wearing a Cannibal shirt----are they into that also? shudderrrrrrrrrrr crap
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 pm

All I have to say is, when are these single mothers going to learn not to allow these men to come in their homes and live when they have children. There is just so much that happens to these children. Obviously these women do not know these men.

I looked at the thread with the pictures of this scum and how disgusting he looks to me. Enough said.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 pm

It really says a lot (or very little) about Billie Dunn to choose a person like this. Evidently, his MySpace turned her on. What does that say about her? I bet that father is LIVID, and I don't blame him.

Still, I do NOT believe Billie is involved but I most definitely think the boyfriend knows exactly what happened. Suspect
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 Empty Search has expanded to Dunn TX

Post by Nama Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:16 pm

FYI Shawn Adkins used to live in Dunn, TX.

The search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has expanded northward from Colorado City, the Department of Public Safety announced Saturday morning.

In a news release, Trooper Sparky Dean of the Abilene DPS office said, "A temporary staging area will be set up in the community of Dunn, Texas, Saturday morning. This could be one of several in the next few days as the search for Hailey continues and broadens in scope."

Dunn is 14 miles north of Colorado City, which is 75 miles north of San Angelo.

Officials expected Saturday morning to finish up an intensive door-to-door canvass of Colorado City, which has about 1,500 households.

"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers. Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date," Dean said.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:30 pm

They are still after 10 days pondering this one as a runaway. I think instead of assuming she ran away they need to assume she didn't. They are knocking on doors and checking sheds and garages in Colorado City and neighboing towns. Now they are heading up where bf is staying because they found a pair of sunglasses and a knife cover in a stream up there. Also a set of tire tracks.

All that tells me is they think Hailey ran away. If a young girl runs away they are usually back in a couple of days. 13 years old is a young age. Hailey would long for her own home and things.

I remember one of my daughters girlfriends had a friend that ran away..to my house. I told her she was welcome to stay but she had to first call mom and tell her where she was. She did and she stayed two nights then she was ready to head home.

Girls like their stuff and Hailey took nothing. Not even a jacket or purse or anything at all.

Something happened to this little girl. They need to get all the kings horses and all the kings men out looking for a hopefully alive Hailey.

Prayers for Haileys family. I think they are really hurting. I can't get her off my mind.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 am

I do not feel there is going to be a good outcome either.

I feel for her family too. crying

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 am

Hailey Dunn: Unfolding a story of a missing teenager and her family

COLORADO CITY — A few streets away from where Hailey Dunn lives, Tim Beights surveyed a quiet street. As evening’s chill began to subtly spread Wednesday, he gestured, a sadness seemingly washing over his gaze.

“This neighborhood has 10 to 15 kids that play every day,” Beights said. “It’s vacant.”

Like most in this Mitchell County town, Beights said he pines for the return of the 13-year-old who vanished from the community of 4,500 on Dec. 27.

But deep down, most everyone also is afraid, he said, that the days without Hailey are hurrying on now like an approaching dark.

“It’s getting too long, and no one can find her,” he said. “She should have shown up by now. A 13-year-old girl is going to tell somebody something — a friend, somebody.”

Four days have passed since Beights spoke those words, and no one still knows exactly what happened to Dunn, who, without fail, has been described in sunlit terms by those who knew her — from family and friends to teachers. Some say, however, they detected moments of storm and shadow in certain areas of her young life that may — or may not — factor into her disappearance.

Thus far, the search for Hailey Dunn has been a long march — a path through accusations that law enforcement had been too slow to react to her disappearance, to failed lie detector tests on the part of her mother and her mother’s live-in boyfriend. Helicopters have searched the skies while an endless stream of both the professional and the passionate walked the streets and searched the countryside below.

At Dunn’s home, located at 1804 Chestnut, family members and close friends have expressed an increasing — albeit cordial — reluctance to speak except certain national media, a noose that has seemingly tightened as time has worn on and more attention has been paid to the case.

Attempts to contact Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey Dunn’s mother, as well as her birth

father, Clint Dunn, for extended interviews were politely put off, as were attempts to contact the family of Billie Jean Dunn’s 25-year-old boyfriend, Shawn

Adkins, who is believed to be staying in Dunn, about 15 miles north of Colorado City, where Adkins’ grandmother lives.

Briefly speaking to media openly Thursday night after an appearance on HLN’s Nancy Grace, the girl’s mother admitted to frustration and fatigue, and a hope that — though not extinguished — had begun to gutter with the passage of each long day.

Others attempt to stay strong for Hailey, as well, whether they know her or not.

A citizen-led search Saturday, the second in as many days, combed parts of Mitchell County north and west, while law enforcement extended the search to the community of Dunn.

The small community is what a Texas Department of Public Safety news release issued Saturday called one of possibly several new staging areas as the search for Dunn continues and broadens in scope.

After addressing gathered volunteers with a bullhorn Saturday morning, Bubba Limones, 30, said that a vast number of the people gathered that day to look for

Dunn didn’t necessarily know the family personally. But they all wanted to see the girl returned safely.

“People here care,” he said. “People want to help.”

Like Limones, volunteer Woody Kidd, 57, does not know the Dunn family, but he planned to comb the stretch of the county devoted to Saturday’s search just the same.

“The people in Colorado City stick together, and that’s good,” Kidd said.

MASSIVE SEARCH

From the time neighbors reportedly saw Dunn using her mother’s cell phone around noon on the Monday she vanished to the present, a massive search has evolved that in time has focused national attention on Colorado City, located off U.S. Interstate 20 between Abilene and Odessa.

“We break down when we’re alone, my son and I both,” Billie Jean Dunn said, referring to Hailey’s 16-year-old brother, David. “Break down and lose it, and sometimes you feel like you’re never gain your composure. It’s tough to stay strong in front of my son, but I do it.”

Shawn Adkins, who reportedly said he came home around 3 p.m. Dec. 27, is, by official accounting the last person to see Dunn alive. She planned, he said, to walk to her father’s house, then spend the night with a friend, Mary Beth Garcia.

But Clint Dunn never saw her. And neither did Mary Beth, or her mother, Cecilia Garcia.

As far as she knew, Cecilia Garcia said earlier in the week, her daughter hadn’t even been in touch with Hailey the day she vanished.

Billie Jean Dunn reported her daughter missing the next day and initially, the case was treated as if the girl had run away. Later, that choice would come back to haunt the law enforcement, with some insisting that police and others waited too long to involve other law enforcement authorities or to accelerate the investigation.

“I’m really upset because I feel our police department is not doing their job,” said Magin Jones, 32, who has lived “more on than off” in Colorado City since she was 16. “I think 72 hours or two days to wait and call it a runaway is too long when it’s a 13-year-old little girl.”

A candlelight vigil last Sunday, attended by about 750 people, seemed to be the catalyst that began to vault the case into ever-widening public consciousness.

By Tuesday, HLN’s Grace featured the case, though the coverage was called “sensational” by City Manager Peter Kampfer.

Widely-distributed reports that dogs had traced Hailey Dunn’s scent to a Colorado City hotel Dec. 31 were diminished by Kampfer, who called them “inaccurate” and the scents attributable to “any number of things.”

In a further example of the confusion that has swirled around the investigation, Billie Jean Dunn and Adkins took polygraph tests Wednesday, saying during another appearance on Nancy Grace Thursday that both had “failed” the tests.

But on Friday, Kampfer said that the while Dunn and Adkins were polygraphed, neither were told whether they passed or failed. No matter what happened, Dunn apparently asked Adkins to leave her home after those results.

Law enforcement have said repeatedly they know his location, believed to be in nearby Dunn.

In a brief interview after Grace’s Thursday night program, the girl’s mother reiterated that she would never choose to protect “anybody,” including Adkins “if I thought he had anything to do with it.”

“I had put a lot of faith into those, and that faith is gone,” she said. I would have came forward a long time ago,” she said, though she added that she was convinced that the lie detector tests were destined to “clear everybody.”

On Thursday, a helicopter took to the air in an effort to find the missing girl. By

that point, there were 30 law enforcement officers, working for nine agencies, actively participating, said senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky

Dean, while a “whole slew” of other agencies offered to help in other manners.

“To me it looks like an anthill,” Dean said the activity. “You’ve got people coming and going and chasing leads and coming back, saying, ‘This lead didn’t work, what’s next? Give me something else to do another lead to follow up on.’ There may be some they can sit down and do on the computer. There may be some they have to pound the pavement.”

That was the approach law enforcement agencies returned to Friday, a dozen groups of two each going to the north Colorado City neighborhood around Hailey’s home, conducting interviews and asking for assistance in locating her — and patently ignoring any other illegalities that they might come across to laser-focus on finding the missing 13-year-old.

At the same time, a group of residents, inspired by a Facebook group, took to the streets in the hope of locating the girl the group’s founder termed “a daughter, a sister, a friend and a child of God who has lost her way.”

The Lamar Sign Company, in the absence of the case meeting the requirements for an Amber Alert, donated more than a dozen digital billboards around the state to show Hailey Dunn’s face and description, with vinyl billboards also planned. Earlier in the week, standing among a throng of television and other media crews gathered across the street from the Dunn home, Kampfer described the search as “community-consuming.”

“Anything of a cooperative method or aspect that they (the community) can put

together, that’s what they’re trying to do,” he said, noting that police and other law enforcement officials, too, were “working diligently and all hours to get it right.”

Andra Maxwell, who teaches eighth-grade history at Colorado Middle School, was one of several people who eagerly stepped forward to praise that effort.

“I’m in full support of our local law enforcement agencies,” she said, adding that she believes national news coverage, especially, has added an unfairly negative spin to what has been happening in town.

“Nobody cares more or has worked long, hard hours than our local, small police department and our sheriff’s office,” she said, adding that many in town had been taking food to the impromptu command center created for law enforcement agencies downtown, since many officers wouldn’t otherwise even take the time to eat a meal.

In the downtown area, where errant cotton bolls bunch at the side of the streets

like drifts of snow, Deborah Wilson, realized her investment club meeting probably had been canceled Thursday when she saw the massive horde of police, sheriff’s department, and other vehicles gathered in front of the bank turned law enforcement center.

The sight, she said, heartened her, leaving her hopeful of Dunn’ safe return.

“Everybody’s pulled together,” she said of the effort.

Wilson said that she had lived in the community for 56 years and could not remember anything of the sort or scale happening in her lifetime.

“I think it’s touched everybody,” she said. ”I don’t know her, but she’s part of us. Everyone wants to find her. Everyone wants her to come home.”

DIFFERING VIEWS

Those who live near or otherwise know Hailey Dunn’s family paint a variety of portraits of her home life.

Betty Williams, 40, called the situation a “nightmare,” not just for herself, but for the Dunn family.

“It makes you uneasy, especially since it’s so close,” Williams said. “I never thought it would happen in little Colorado City.”

Williams, who said that she had known Billie Jean Dunn for about a year, admits she met the mother and her family in a perhaps less-than-ideal circumstance — a dog owned by the family had bitten one of her children.

“That’s how I got to know her,” she said.

But through such strange circumstances, she said, she found someone who was friendly, willing to “do anything” for her children, and someone she knows is genuinely heartbroken over the sudden disappearance of her daughter.

“If it’s the worst, her mom, she couldn’t take it,” she said. “She couldn’t take it when my son got bit ... And this, I imagine she’s going crazy.”

In the meantime, Williams has had to explain to her younger children, ages 6 and 7, as best she can what has been happening. But her oldest child, she said, perhaps has the greatest burden because he understands what is wrong.

“He said, ‘Gee, mom, could that happen to me?’” she said. “And I said, ‘Yes, baby, it can.’ And so you teach them.”

Walking with her children through the streets of Colorado City, Magin Jones, 32, agreed, saying the disappearance was in certain respects confusing because of the smallness and closeness of the community, including what she knew about the Dunn family.

Jones said her husband used to work with Billie Jean Dunn’s father in the oil field, and she knew Hailey’s mother through the daughter of a mutual friend.

“They were a close family, even though the mom and the dad were separated,” Jones said. “As far as I know, they remained friends and stayed, for their children, civil. ... From what I see on the outside, they all seem to get along just fine.”

Jones said that the size of the community makes it easy for people to notice new details, leaving her to speculate that anything especially anything out-of-the-ordinary should have been seen by others.

THE FAMILY

“You get this false sense of a security in a small town thinking that because you live in a small town that something like this couldn’t happen. But look: it did,” she said. “It’s really sad that something like this could put our small town on the map like that.”

Her family, including her children ages 8, 10-going-on-11, and 12, are all praying for Dunn’s return, she said.

“What parent wouldn’t want that child to come home, because we would all want to think our own child would come home,” she said.

Cecilia Garcia said she had never interacted with Dunn’s extended family.

The first time she saw Hailey’s mother was on television, she said. And Hailey never had spent the night at friend’s her house, even though two were close friends.

Mary Beth Garcia, her mother said, had visited the Dunns’ home overnight.

“My daughter, I let her visit her and spend the night,” she said. “And the last time I did, I didn’t like it, because I heard they were walking the street with other kids”

Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime.

Donna Byerley met Hailey her through Byerley’s boyfriend, who had once dated a relative of Billie Jean Dunn. She described the girl’s home life as “volatile at times.”

Byerley characterized the 13-year-old as not getting along with her mother’s boyfriend, and Hailey herself as always wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

But rather than a little girl lost, Byerley painted a picture of a compassionate person, whether it was taking care of a mutual friend of a family pet, a girl who remained “very much an individual,” with an honest style of communication whether talking about school, family or friends.

Dunn has stayed with Byerley and her boyfriend off and on, including the last two weeks of the previous school year, Byerley said.

“That was the school year that I think she started in Colorado City, went to Snyder a month or so, and then back to Colorado City,” she said.

“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her Dad because she doesn’t like the boyfriend,” Byerley said, referring to Adkins.

Her mother’s new relationship, and worries that it was preventing her parents from being together, served as a partial catalyst for Hailey’s difficulties with Adkins, Byerley said.

Billie Jean Dunn said she met on the social network site MySpace.

“I know he yelled at her,” she said of Hailey’s relationship with Adkins, though she said she knew of no accusations of physical or other abuse.

In public statements, Billie Jean Dunn has said that while Hailey initially had issues with Adkins, she had warmed to him as time went on.

Similarly, Byerley said Clint and Billie Jean Dunn’s relationship often was rocky.

“They’ve always had blowouts — screaming, yelling,” she said.

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

In 2008, Billie Jean Dunn’s license to practice nursing in the state was revoked by the Texas Board of Nursing. According to the group’s formal charges, Dunn practiced as a vocational nurse without a license from June 1, 2007, to April 20, 2008, while employed at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. Board records indicate her license expired May 31, 2007.

Dunn’s conduct “deceived residents, their families, fellow caregivers and the public,” who believed that her practice of nursing was in compliance with the board’s rules and regulations, according to the board’s findings. Dunn was, according to the board, given an opportunity to show compliance with state law to retain her license.

The case was heard in an open meeting in Austin on Nov. 12, 2008. Dunn did not appear, the record says.

According to tax records, the Dunns still collectively own their home at 1804 Chestnut, which they purchased in November 2001. Clinton Dunn owned 1143 Chestnut until 2008.

OUT OF CHARACTER

As for Hailey herself, Byerley characterized the teenage as open, honest, smart “not just academically but street-smart,” and the sort to run toward help, rather than away.

“It’s extremely out of character,” she said of the girl’s disappearance. “She would go to a friend’s house. She would come to our house. She’s done it so many times before. ... I hope she does it again.”

But Byerley said she doesn’t think Hailey is in town.

“Someone would have seen her,” she said.

Andra Maxwell, who teaches eighth grade history, and Tammy Johnson, who taught

Hailey reading, remember no warning signs. What they do recall is a vivacious, perpetually smiling teenager, a good student who worked hard, loved to pitch in, and took care of her business in the classroom.

“There was no change in her normal demeanor, her friends, her behavior, anything,” said Johnson, speaking of Hailey Dunn before her disappearance.

Hailey’s fellow students, the women said, were taking in the disappearance in their own way.

“It’s not the normal junior high antics going on,” Johnson said of her classroom. “As far as in the classroom, I think for most the routine is comforting. They know it’s something they can count on. It’s security.”

Johnson said that teachers, as a united front, are not engaging in open speculation with students about what happened. There is no effort to rearrange classrooms, and so far structure is being maintained that anticipates Hailey’s return.

But one thing that they do know is that the Hailey, the one who tells Maxwell with an intense sincerity each day that she loves her, would be unlikely simply run away from problems — or probably, anyone at all.

“They’d have to be pretty stout,” Maxwell said. “She’s a sweet little girl, but she was always very tough. If she needed, to she could probably take half the boys in this school. I’d want her on my side.”

Danny Galey, who teaches automotive tech at Colorado High School, remembers when the Dunns were his neighbors.

“The little girl, I can remember when she was just a little baby,” Galey, 65, said.

He recalls letting her use his sidewalk for her tricycle, since their home didn’t have one in front.

“Everyone is just praying to God that we find her alive,” he said, looking across the street at the school.

Overhead, small clouds bring in another wintry chill to what had been a fairly warm day.

“That’s what everybody is hoping and praying for,” he said. “That’s what we want.”

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 am

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110105-224523-pic-459250604_t607

An orange ribbon, which serves as a reminder for the Colorado City community of the continuing search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, hangs on Juan C. Molina’s mailbox, located directly across the street from Colorado Middle School, where Dunn is a student. “Everyday after school, I sit watching all the kids all the time,” Molina said. “I recognize a car that belongs here and a car that doesn’t belong; that’s my job — I don’t do anything else. We’re all praying that she is found.”

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110105-224523-pic-197262897_t300

Hailey Dunn’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, right, is escorted by Colorado City police to the Mitchell County Courthouse on Wednesday.

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110106-222027-pic-738359822_t607
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:12 am

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110108-160758-pic-852244430_t300
Evidence was taken from Billie Jean Dunnís home Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011 that may have led to leads being pursued Thursday, said Pete Kampfer, city manager and spokesman for the Colorado City Police Department.
# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110108-160758-pic-853316320_t607
Billie Dunn and her husband Clint Dunn, right, talk to the press outside Mrs. Dunn's home in Colorado City Thursday, Jan. 6, 2011.
# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 3 20110108-160758-pic-847544638_t607
Holly Jenkins of Midland stands on an old car at an abandoned farmhouse in Buford, located 10 miles north of Colorado City, as she and other volunteers search for Hailey Dunn Friday, Jan. 7, 2011.

There's more pictures at
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:26 am

A search of website publicdata.com reveals no criminal histories for Billie Jean Dunn or for Shawn Adkins. Clint Dunn, however, has multiple arrests, starting in 1994 for burglary of a building, a state jail felony. Following that are subsequent arrests in 1998 for possession of marijuana, under 2 ounces, one in March 1999 for driving with a suspended license.

He was arrested again Jan. 30, 2010, by Snyder police for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces. And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.
(from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LE told people that if they let them search, not to worry about what they had on their property, that they were there JUST to look for Hailey. I think it was pretty chicken s*** of them to make an arrest for exactly what they said they would not do and of all people the bio Dad who is out of his mind with worry about his missing daughter! Plus, this could really hurt the investigation as far as searching goes, the people just might not trust LE on their property. This makes me angry!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:34 am

Mary Beth Garcia, her mother said, had visited the Dunns’ home overnight.

“My daughter, I let her visit her and spend the night,” she said. “And the last time I did, I didn’t like it, because I heard they were walking the street with other kids

Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime.

Donna Byerley met Hailey her through Byerley’s boyfriend, who had once dated a relative of Billie Jean Dunn. She described the girl’s home life as “volatile at times.”

Byerley characterized the 13-year-old as not getting along with her mother’s boyfriend, and Hailey herself as always wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

But rather than a little girl lost, Byerley painted a picture of a compassionate person, whether it was taking care of a mutual friend of a family pet, a girl who remained “very much an individual,” with an honest style of communication whether talking about school, family or friends.

Dunn has stayed with Byerley and her boyfriend off and on, including the last two weeks of the previous school year, Byerley said.

“That was the school year that I think she started in Colorado City, went to Snyder a month or so, and then back to Colorado City,” she said.

“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her Dad because she doesn’t like the boyfriend,” Byerley said, referring to Adkins.

Her mother’s new relationship, and worries that it was preventing her parents from being together, served as a partial catalyst for Hailey’s difficulties with Adkins, Byerley said.

Billie Jean Dunn said she met on the social network site MySpace.

“I know he yelled at her,” she said of Hailey’s relationship with Adkins, though she said she knew of no accusations of physical or other abuse.
Raine, thank you for posting this. It is very telling.

Basically, it tells me that Billie Dunn seemed to need a man in her life albeit her ex or the b/f from My Space. It tells me Hailey didn't like the bf..wanted to live with her dad...stayed at the friends home for weeks..and moved around a lot. It also tells me that probably both Billie and the b/f had their priorities into other things. (We can all speculate on that one, but I think it's pretty evident.) She made Zero effort to retain her nursing license. WHY???? Maybe she wouldn't be able to pass a pee test???

And WHY did the police immediately come to the conclusion this was a "runaway"? WHY? I am sure they knew this family already.

I don't like any of this and feel as "street smart" as a 13 year old can be, she met her match with her mother's b/f. MOO!

I almost am to the point of driving up there myself!!!!

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:37 am

And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

LE told people that if they let them search, not to worry about what they had on their property, that they were there JUST to look for Hailey.
I think it was pretty chicken s*** of them to make an arrest for exactly what they said they would not do and of all people the bio Dad who is out of his mind with worry about his missing daughter! Plus, this could really hurt the investigation as far as searching goes, the people just might not trust LE on their property. This makes me angry!
How do you know that? I completely believe you because you would not say something like that w/out a source and I know how cops are. Yes. I agree with you..it was extremely chicken shit.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 am

I really hate to say this or even think it but IMOO I think you are right. This is the most informative thing I've read yet.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 am

Wrapitup wrote:
And he was arrested at his home Dec. 29, again for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and a Scurry County warrant.

LE told people that if they let them search, not to worry about what they had on their property, that they were there JUST to look for Hailey.
I think it was pretty chicken s*** of them to make an arrest for exactly what they said they would not do and of all people the bio Dad who is out of his mind with worry about his missing daughter! Plus, this could really hurt the investigation as far as searching goes, the people just might not trust LE on their property. This makes me angry!
How do you know that? I completely believe you because you would not say something like that w/out a source and I know how cops are. Yes. I agree with you..it was extremely chicken shit.

I've either read it or heard it on something. I know I shouldn't post something without a link but honestly cannot remember where I heard it. The town's LE is a force of 6, I don't know if it was them or another agency that told the people not to fear that they were looking ONLY for Hailey but talk about possibly impeding the investigation/search!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 am

Thank God they have called in Tim Miller. He can't get their fast enough and I am surprised it has taken this long!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 am

I've either read it or heard it on something. I know I shouldn't post something without a link but honestly cannot remember where I heard it. The town's LE is a force of 6, I don't know if it was them or another agency that told the people not to fear that they were looking ONLY for Hailey but talk about possibly impeding the investigation/search!
No worries. It all makes perfect sense. If you happen to stumble on the link, that's fine. If not, no prob.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 am

artgal16 wrote:Watching NG but she doesnt seem to be covering this case tonight - I wonder why?
could it be ratings?
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:13 am

Home life had to be so bad for Hailey, why else would she stay away for weeks at a time? As a parent I cannot imagine this. I have suspected the boyfriend was making life miserable for her, either by making passes at her, or Lord knows what.
Up thread wrap said something about a street smart 13 yr old. I hope she has left, with help, some type of underground group.
Why would pot put a different slant on things? Has nothing to do with the case. IMO.
The phone call I think is why LE called her a runaway.
I sure hope that she is alive and in hiding.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:59 am

Wrapitup wrote:Thank God they have called in Tim Miller. He can't get their fast enough and I am surprised it has taken this long!!!!

Oh thank heavens. Tim and his group were wanting to come and they were told to wait. I hope it is not too late.

They have treated this as a runaway for way too long.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 am

Donna Byerley. I haven't heard that name coming up. Is that a relative or what. Hailey staying with her for two weeks.

I am getting the picture of a little girl pretty much on her own most of the time. With a young smart aleck boyfriend hanging around her house all the time. I wonder if he had his wild friends over while Billie was at work.

Of course daddy lived right across the field but he said he could not see what cars were there.

Hailey must have led a very sad life for a 13 year old girl.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:13 am

Has anybody read, heard, seen a picture of David Dunn, Haileys 17 year old brother. Seems strange nobody is talking about him. I know he is a kid but did he live in the house or did he live with the dad.

I wonder what kind of a kid and what kind of friends he had hanging around the house?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

I hope someone has thought to check her school access account.
We, (the middle school at which I teach,) have certain sites blocked, FB,MS, etc, but there are portals to these that the kids use. They've actually shown me how they get to their social network.
What about a Twitter account from school?
Turtle
Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:32 am

David Dunn had spent the previous night with a friend and though he was at home on the day Hailey went missing, he didn't come home until after she had left the house that afternoon.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

BJ♥️OR wrote:David Dunn had spent the previous night with a friend and though he was at home on the day Hailey went missing, he didn't come home until after she had left the house that afternoon.

This is information from the mother, Billie Dunn, when she appeared on the NG show, maybe we should contact City Manager Peter Kampfer to verify before posting that information here. :tongue in chee Sarcasm

Day 13 ---Where is Hailey????
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Turtle good to see you posting again.

I can't believe it is 13 days already. My thought is that a girl that young might go away for a night or to to "show mom" but she would never stay this long.

She has to be in trouble..for sure.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next