Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

+14
gnreed
Turtle
TerryRose
CritterFan1
cherylz
artgal16
raine1953
Wrapitup
laga
charminglane
Praying For Faith
jeanne1807
Nama
lisette
18 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 17 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 am

Wrapitup wrote:Work release - meaning they go in at around 7am and do chores until about 5pm and then they must go home with probation jewelry on their ankle? Or, do they wear the ankle tracking jewelry? Maybe grneed may know since he lives in that area?

Here is the latest O'Riley article. It's not that lengthy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No ankle bracelet. They have a couple of armed guards that watch them while they are out. I believe they are closely monitored.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 17 Empty Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

I agree the media can be a hassle. However, if they were not reporting anything, we would be really angry.

I heard BD telling NG about the text message sent to Mary Beth. Not sure which night it was but that was the first I had heard about it.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 pm

My first thought on the sleepover is why didn't Billie question it. I always thought maybe the girls went back and forth. A usual occurance. Now we learn sleepovers never happened. Didn't Billie say hummm.

Now back to CD. Why aren't they looking at him and his GF more closely.

They have pretty much given him a pass. He kind of grunts and is in the role of grieving father but something about him just catches me.

What is he hiding. What does his his G/F know.

I think about Sandra Cantu when I think of Clints girlfriend. Can't help myself.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Personally I feel as though LE knows for sure who is to blame. That's why SA is a suspect. I am sure they don't think CD taking a polygraph is a priority at this time.
KTAB TV in Abilene is airing complete information about the case today at 5:00pm.
Hopefully they will have more info released by LE.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Sorry to say I have a feeling it will be the same old stuff we have rehashed over and over.

I think if they know who did it..they would have found something?

I believe Texas is very reluctant to go forward in a prosecution without a body?

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:28 pm

True. But the main problem LE is having is: "inconsistent witness statements."

More than one person knows something.

From what I have read and seen, CD has been consistent with his statements. Can't say that about the others involved.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Mark Klass would disagree on the importance of a poly for CD. So do I. I thought he already had a polygraph examination done. If not shame on LE and CD.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:30 pm

lindamarie wrote:Mark Klass would disagree on the importance of a poly for CD. So do I. I thought he already had a polygraph examination done. If not shame on LE and CD.

I agree 1000%!!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Just caught up reading the last posts. I think what is significant that I read upthread is that Hailey never spent the night at Mary Beths. That is significant because her mother would know that and SA probably would not know that. If he was involved then he might use that as an excuse as to where Hailey was.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

CD has been searching for his daughter from day one. Meanwhile BD sits at home and speaks to the media most days. (Don't yell at me, just stating my observations)
SA surely isn't actively searching for Hailey. That's odd, because he talks about how much he loves her.
Hmmmm. If I loved someone that much, I would be out looking. Especially instead of enjoying a few beers on New Years Eve.

Artgal is correct. SA probably didn't know Hailey had never spent the night at Mary Beths.
Still waiting to hear if BD's phone was used in the Big Spring area as well.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm

CD has offered to take a poly. I heard him say it on NG. Whether they have given him one is another thing.

Back to what TR said..about the prison being so close and the prisoners doing work release. If the prisoners doing work release go back to prison when the day is done as opposed to their own home, I don't see HOW they could take or harm or kill HD.

As far as BD, I have to agree..if this were not the norm for the girls to spend the night at each other's home, and HD actually said that to SA..either BD is a horrible mother and doesn't care where her daughter spends the night or that was a lie told by SA. So, what DID he tell BD? As BD is saying that is what SA told her.

Honestly, this is like a merry go round and just reminds me of HaLeigh Cummings more and more. Poof, they're gone. Just like that. In a blink of the eye. I cry b.s!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

I also do not believe that this was a stranger abduction. I dont have one scintilla of proof to that,
its just a feeling I have, however as to a suspect searching for a victim, I dont think that would be a good idea for an innocent person to do, in case for any reason they were the one to actually find the body - they might leave trace evidence dna, etc that could help to convict them. That seems extremely remote but its something an innocent and a guilty person might think of and not want to search.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm

I thought the same thing. No way, if I were a suspect..would I be out there searching. Even if I knew I did not do this, I would not search. I would WANT to search, but would not want to compromise the case or myself.

Artgal, I totally agree with you. This is no stranger abduction.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:18 pm

I am innocent and have searched on the weekends and will continue to do so. It is doubtful a searcher would be charged with a murder if they found the body unless other factors played a role.
They need more people searching the large area until the girl is found.

The prison work release crew are closely watched and is doubtful one of them had the chance to get near her.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 pm

I meant that if I were a suspect I wouldnt search.
Not as a person from the community who is not suspect then of course, if it was my area I would definitely search. My comment was directed to suspects searching whether innocent or guilty.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 pm

That is easy to say but really, until we are in another mans shoes, we don't know how we would react or what we would do.

That being said, I think SA IS most definitely involved in the missing Hailey and sits up there on his mommy's porch probably w/a cold one thinking they will never find her. This is my opinion only, I don't expect all or anyone to agree with me.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Colorado City, TX—The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.

"Once that case is built and we have enough info to go on, then the arrest will be made and someone will be taken to trial in that case," he told KRBC reporter Jessica Reyes on Monday.

As leads continue to come in, investigators are trying to get all persons of interest cleared and narrow the case down to one person, he said.

Adkins was the last person to see Hailey before she vanished on Dec. 27. At the time, he was living with his girlfriend, Hailey's mom, but has since been staying in Dunn, Texas.

"As far as I know he is being watched some, but I cannot comment on (whether) he has been under 24-hour surveillance or not," Sheriff Toombs said.

Adkins has reportedly been traveling back and forth from Dunn to Big Spring recently.

"He's not under arrest, (so) his movements and what he's doing right now are his business," Colorado City police spokesman Pete Kampfer said.

Much of the investigation into Hailey Dunn's whereabouts has been happening around Texas and even out of state, with tips coming in from people who recognized Hailey from billboards or television.

"We have had possible sightings of Hailey in different places, so we do have to make sure we (...) verify with local agencies whether it was true or not," Toombs said. "That does take a little time."

The Colorado City Police Department, Mitchell County Sheriff's Office, Texas Rangers and FBI are still actively working the case.

They received much-needed assistance last ween from two private search organizations, KlaasKids and Laura Recovery Center, which trained local volunteers to be more efficient and effective.

Toombs said before the organizations left town, they put people in charge who will be leading another search later this week.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm

artgal16 wrote:I meant that if I were a suspect I wouldnt search.
Not as a person from the community who is not suspect then of course, if it was my area I would definitely search. My comment was directed to suspects searching whether innocent or guilty.

I agree 1000%!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 pm

gnreed wrote:CD has been searching for his daughter from day one. Meanwhile BD sits at home and speaks to the media most days. (Don't yell at me, just stating my observations)
SA surely isn't actively searching for Hailey. That's odd, because he talks about how much he loves her.
Hmmmm. If I loved someone that much, I would be out looking. Especially instead of enjoying a few beers on New Years Eve.

Artgal is correct. SA probably didn't know Hailey had never spent the night at Mary Beths.
Still waiting to hear if BD's phone was used in the Big Spring area as well.

I've forgotten who it was but I heard an interview with one of the major search groups and that person said that they advise against relatives actually searching for their loved ones because of what they could find. That makes total sense to me.
This has been discussed to death but I do think it's of value that BD speaks with the media because it attracts people to watch it and no matter if it's even NG this is what it's all about - keeping Hailey's face on TV so that people are aware that she had not been found.
No matter what any of us thinks of BD as a Mother or as a person does not matter, those are ones own opinions. That's all.
Personally I doubt that many Mother's (or Father's) want to go out, search and find their own child's body therefore I defend any parent (or close relative) who does not do that.
Artgal said it all as to why a suspect isn't searching.
We've talked NYE to death too.
I agree that SA probably did not know Hailey hadn't ever spent the night at MB and that probably will catch up with him.
I think it's awesome that you are out helping the search. If I lived in the state, I hope I would be out there too but I'm so proud of what you all are doing.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Rainne, I agree with you 110%, except the last sentence. I wish I could help in the search but my neuropathy stops me. I would love to help.

"As far as I know he is being watched some, but I cannot comment on (whether) he has been under 24-hour surveillance or not," Sheriff Toombs said.
Why do I feel like I am watching "The Dukes of Hazzard"?
Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Well.................. do you really want me to explain? head bang
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I can cite quite a few cases in the last few years wherein close relatives were blamed for the disappearance of a child and likewise for the murder of same. In their grief, these people had to endure the public sitting in judgment upon them, blaming them for the crime. Some have had horrible personalities and really turned people off, like Cindy Anthony for instance, but that does not mean that she didn't love her grand baby immensely and had any part in the child's death. She clings to the hope that her own daughter has not committed the crime because she loves her too. That doesn't mean she is trying to cover up, it means she cannot bear the thought that it could be so. Defending her as I once did when she was made notorious and subject to ridicule by most bloggers elsewhere made for some to attack me. And yet, I know I would never like the person if I knew her, a tough, "snotty" type she is. There have been many like her, we don't like them at all and we don't understand their emotional makeup, we don't like their lifestyle, and that shouldn't equate to being guilty of the crime at hand or in any way involved in it or its cover-up.

This is relevant to the topic at hand. I believe this type of issue is surfacing in this case also.

Last edited by TerryRose on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 pm

TR, again, I'm in awe of you and your ability to write. That was so good and so very true.
The Ramsey's immediately came into my mind and I'm ashamed to admit this but in the beginning I also thought one of them was guilty of murdering their daughter. I do not think either one of them were guilty, imoo. Maybe that is what taught me to not be so judgmental and wait for the evidence.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:58 pm

I really do not mean to make anyone mad when I state my opinion.

SA is a suspect because he walked out on his polygraphs. His actions before and after Hailey went missing have caused him to be a suspect. I do not feel LE is being unfair to he or BD.

Maybe he isn't guilty but he isn't helping his cause any by refusing to talk to BD as well.

It appears he is hiding something.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm

gnreed wrote:I really do not mean to make anyone mad when I state my opinion.

SA is a suspect because he walked out on his polygraphs. His actions before and after Hailey went missing have caused him to be a suspect. I do not feel LE is being unfair to he or BD.

Maybe he isn't guilty but he isn't helping his cause any by refusing to talk to BD as well.

It appears he is hiding something.

I don't think you are making anyone mad, you are entitled to your opinion, that's what makes this forum such a good one, people can have their own opposing opinions and yet agree to disagree.

In this case, I've decided to quit speculating too much because this is one crazy bunch. We have another case that's just as crazy, you might want to read, Haleigh Cummings, you might understand some of us better if you read that, IMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

We have been waiting for a long time to see Justice for Zahra. Little Zahra was disposed of in different places. No one has been charged in that case either which has been going on much longer than this one. I am really starting to see the people who have all the rights is the suspect, the accused and defendants. Not the victims. I don't see this case going any where any time soon. Sorry but that is my 2 cents. Mean while Hailey is still missing. Had she not been considered a run away at first maybe this case could have been different. I believe LE is working hard checking out the sightings and every possibility.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm

LM, I agree
Another one is Kyron.
I do believe Terry is getting away with it.
Something is seriously wrong with this..
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 pm

I know I'm OP but a body has been found in Lubbock. I posted it on Elizabeth Ennen's thread.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Another case of a mom putting her personal love life before the well being of a young girl. BD seems awfully immature to have two children.
Time for an arrest in this case. Bring justice to all of those that love and treasure Hailey.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 pm

gnreed wrote:I am innocent and have searched on the weekends and will continue to do so. It is doubtful a searcher would be charged with a murder if they found the body unless other factors played a role.
They need more people searching the large area until the girl is found.

The prison work release crew are closely watched and is doubtful one of them had the chance to get near her.

Have to disagree on that one. Kronk really opened a can of worms.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 pm

I have a hard time coming up with a missing girl that brought such passion to so many people as little Hailey Dunn so quickly.

It seems like a line was drawn in the sand on day one and from there on nobody has waffled on who they blame and who they think..done it.

I realize there are many "passionate" cases but for some reason..this one is different.

Interesting.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Jeanne, I have not waffled from day one because I have been unable to come to any conclusions whatsoever about this case. I have no hard and fast suspicions about anybody in this case and I don't know how anybody could form an opinion with the lack of information and the confusing information that has been leaked in the media continuously---nothing but contradictions. I would say that, if the sheriff names somebody as a suspect or POI, then a suspicion can be formed but not a hard and fast opinion.

You are so right about Kronk making people think twice before they search.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 pm

TR, what has gotten to me are the video's. They almost seem like they are "skin heads". I am not accusing them of that lifestyle but I have to admit, that was my first thought when I watched that one video.

I personally DO think that SA is a suspect for a good many reasons and some of them, we do not know.

This is causing much confusion with some and apparently, people are arguing left & right on her FB. People are getting frustrated..as many did with little HaLeigh Cummings. It is causing people to have a shorter fuse because not much information is coming out. We all have fallen in love with Hailey Dunn now. We have another missing girl we all hold dear to us. This is all my opinion only.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:43 am

Wrapitup wrote: I personally DO think that SA is a suspect for a good many reasons and some of them, we do not know.

I feel the same way, Wrap! The reasons "why" are numerous (which I have stated in previous posts), but I will feel he is the main suspect until there is a good lead as to another suspect. So far, there is a lot of speculation about other suspects, but nothing specific!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 am

What needs to happen this week:

Shawn Adkins if innocent, needs to go before the media with his attorney and say he is innocent and people are wasting their time searching for Hailey around his residence and focusing on him.
He refuses to talk or even meet with BD.
BD needs to take another polygraph to clear her name so the focus can be taken off her. She told NG she would do this with the FBI.
CD and his G/F need to take a polygraph just because their residence was where she stated she was going and never made it.
LE needs to step up a notch and get this taken care of immediately.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 am

gnreed I do agree with the above post with the exception of SA needing to talk to the media. Now that he has a lawyer that is not going to happen. I will add here if I was a suspect in a case like this I would get a lawyer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am

lindamarie wrote:gnreed I do agree with the above post with the exception of SA needing to talk to the media. Now that he has a lawyer that is not going to happen. I will add here if I was a suspect in a case like this I would get a lawyer.

I agree. But at some point, his attorney is going to speak. He cannot remain silent. (if innocent)

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:26 am

artgal16 wrote:I also do not believe that this was a stranger abduction. I dont have one scintilla of proof to that,
its just a feeling I have, however as to a suspect searching for a victim, I dont think that would be a good idea for an innocent person to do, in case for any reason they were the one to actually find the body - they might leave trace evidence dna, etc that could help to convict them. That seems extremely remote but its something an innocent and a guilty person might think of and not want to search.
Art, Roy Kronk is a perfect example of this scenario. Good points, IMO.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information - Page 17 Empty Feeling

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 am

gnreed wrote:What needs to happen this week:

Shawn Adkins if innocent, needs to go before the media with his attorney and say he is innocent and people are wasting their time searching for Hailey around his residence and focusing on him.
He refuses to talk or even meet with BD.
BD needs to take another polygraph to clear her name so the focus can be taken off her. She told NG she would do this with the FBI.
CD and his G/F need to take a polygraph just because their residence was where she stated she was going and never made it.
LE needs to step up a notch and get this taken care of immediately.

I have to disagree. I think keeping him quiet is the best thing his attorney can do and why would the attorney make any kind of statement.

I am trying to think if Terri Hormans attorney ever made any statement and am having a moment remembering. He might have made a brief statement, just like this one did, at the very beginning. Announcing his being the attorney of record.

As far as refusing to meet with BD I have a funny feeling they are seeing each other. And if they are LE knows it. They know everytime that boy pees.
The last NG interview Billie told NG she and Shawn were reaching out. Hummm I said. Remember cell phones and computers have been moved from their homes.
I saw her last evening on an interview. She is looking better and worrying about me,me,me.

People are funny wondering why LE isn't watching him 24/7 with a parked car out front. They have sooooo many wonderful things they don't need to do that anymore. Wish we had a retired detective to tell us all they can now do. I think that would be interesting.

I had a thought this morning. Could SA be a little slow?

Also why aren't we hearing more about his "history"? Is he clean?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 am

Wish we had a retired detective to tell us all they can now do. I think that would be interesting.

I had a thought this morning. Could SA be a little slow?

Also why aren't we hearing more about his "history"? Is he clean?
What do you want to know. All they can do? As far as surveillance? If you are talking what the FBI can do...they can do anything they want.

I get the same impression from SA. Maybe the pot does that to him.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 am

I would like to know surveillence techniques. I read somewhere that they can listen to his conversations through a cell phone. I bet they have listening devices planted through out and tracking on every vehicle he can drive.

I think there are tons of new technology to keep our boy under wraps.

I remember when I was in Hawaii a few years back and my daughter was on the internet watching a mini camera on Wikiki Beach looking for me. It records the sunset every evening and also videos everybody on the beach. I was amazed.

Perhaps the friendly telephone man working on a pole by SA's mothers house wasn't fixing the line. I'm just saying. lol
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:09 am

You watch too much television and movies. :lol!:
Honestly, I am not certain of what all the Feds can do. I wish that I had that knowledge.

I would bet they are watching his every move. And yes, the can run interference to a cell phone. Not sure how.

Only the Feds know the real tricks of the trade.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 am

COLORADO CITY — "Not giving up hope."

The words — inked in black paint on bright orange paper — hung between a green stuffed frog and a white stuffed bear on "Hailey's Bridge" on Monday.

This small bridge on State Highway 208 in the community of Dunn, about 10 miles north of Colorado City, has become a repository of gifts over the past few weeks as people attach stuffed animals and cards, and post notes of encouragement for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

As the search for 13-year-old Hailey stretched into its 28th day, the sentiment on the poster was echoed by the volunteers in the hunt for the missing girl, and by the teen's family.

Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, said she is not discouraged by the departure of representatives from two national missing children search organizations from Colorado City. Brad Dennis, director of search operations for the KlaasKids Foundation, and Dawn Davis, with the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, offered training and search coordination for volunteers last week.

"I feel confident that the people who are searching for Hailey are as committed as ever. Brad (Dennis) and Dawn (Davis) did a good job of training people here, and they left a good plan behind. I've had several of the volunteers tell me they will not give up until they find her," Billie Dunn said.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, said he also is optimistic that the search efforts will continue.

"I'm not quitting. I'm calling in the troops, and I'm confident they will come. I'm following up on leads when I can, and handing out fliers and buttons. I'm committed to finding Hailey," he said.

Clint Dunn said he will travel to Midland and Odessa this week as well as El Paso, where he plans to distribute fliers written in Spanish. "I'm out there doing whatever I can to keep Hailey in the front of everyone's mind. People might be moving on, but it's my job to keep them thinking about her," Clint Dunn said.

One of the volunteers trained by KlaasKids' Dennis said a group of volunteers has come together to coordinate the search efforts.

Bill Markunas of Big Spring arrived in Colorado City last week when the call for more volunteers went out.

"There's a team of about six of us who are helping to coordinate things now that those groups have left. I don't think we're losing momentum, necessarily, even though there is a natural progression to these things. I think there might come a time when there aren't people out there all the time looking for Hailey or looking for evidence, but we're not there yet," he said.

Markunas said his group, Hailey's Search Center, has reduced its searches to Wednesdays and Saturdays. He said there are fewer volunteers on the ground, but he expects more to arrive for Saturday's search.

"I'm in a position where I can give more time to this. Other people have jobs they have to get to or have exhausted their vacation or leave time and have to get back to their own lives. But I believe they are still focused on finding Hailey and will come back on the weekend."

Several groups of volunteers are searching for Hailey, Markunas said, but the group he works with was the only one to receive training from KlaasKids.

He said Dennis "really stressed safety with us — safety of the volunteers searching and safety of anything we might find."

Markunas said they were trained in how to respond if they found a piece of potential evidence.

"If this does turn out to be a crime, the prosecution could be hampered by damaged evidence. And if people out there searching aren't trained properly, they could compromise something important," he said.

Along with the declining number of volunteers, there has been a reduction in the number of law enforcement officials working on the case.

Pete Kampfer, Colorado City's city manager and media liaison, said Monday that at the height of the investigation, there were as many as 40 officials from various state and federal agencies working the case. Now, he said, there are about 10 or 12.

"This is due in part to the lack of substantive, viable information out there to be followed up on. We have to make a determination about how much manpower is needed to follow the limited information we have," Kampfer said.

Kampfer added that law enforcement officials did not need to be in Colorado City to be working the case.

"If we get a call from someone that says they saw Hailey in Coleman, we'll call up Coleman and ask them to investigate."

Kampfer said the Colorado City Police Department, the sheriff's offices in Mitchell and Scurry counties, the Texas Rangers, the district attorney's office for the 32nd district, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and the FBI still are involved in the case.

"The notion of a cold case is a Hollywood myth," Kampfer said. "There are open cases, and there are closed cases, and this case will remain open until it is resolved."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am

Dawn (Davis)
Why does that name sound so familiar to me?? :scratch:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Perhaps the friendly telephone man working on a pole by SA's mothers house wasn't fixing the line. I'm just saying. lol
:lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

I know, I thought the same thing. :lol!:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 pm

laga wrote:
lindamarie wrote:Mark Klass would disagree on the importance of a poly for CD. So do I. I thought he already had a polygraph examination done. If not shame on LE and CD.

I agree 1000%!!
Me "three".
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

CD has offered to take one anytime. However, LE has not said if he has taken one.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next