# 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

CD has offered to take one anytime. However, LE has not said if he has taken one.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: # 1 - Hailey Dunn Missing from Colorado City, TX/ Hailey's disappearance now a criminal matter/ Shawn Adkins primary suspect/ Billie Dunn: Unnamed Person Could Have Information

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

I really think he has taken one and it is being held close to the vest. If Mark was there coaching and helping him I know he took him in for one if he had not already taken one. He is a firm believer that has to be done first and right away to all people close to the victim.

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:50 pm

lindamarie wrote:I really think he has taken one and it is being held close to the vest. If Mark was there coaching and helping him I know he took him in for one if he had not already taken one. He is a firm believer that has to be done first and right away to all people close to the victim.

And of all the polygraphs that have been given, we know of two that have indicated deception (failed) and or walked out.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm

With all due respect, grneed, we all know that. So, what is your point? Yes. BD and SA walked out. There may be others that "flunked" that did NOT walk out, and there may be others that "passed" that DID walk out.

This case is driving everyone crazy. crazy3

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

It must be getting to everyone. I was just making a point that two people failed and or walked out. LE may have their eyes on the persons they feel are involved and feel no need for additional. In my opinion, a confession was almost made by SA when he stated LE should look at he and BD as the ones responsible for Hailey missing, and Hailey could be found in Scurry County.
My apologies if you don't agree with my post. But, oh well.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:02 pm

I think it is getting to us because we have two cases happening at the same time right now. It is a little stressful to deal with the ugly details. It is easy to get confused with both of them happening so close together. I don't know how long you have been blogging gnreed but a good amount of us here have been blogging together since 2008. Sometimes we have to put on our helmets and stand tall in our believes. I believe that I read LE will not say anything about Billie or SA failing the poly. If they did make an official statement that those two failed I missed it somewhere. gnreed have you saw this other thread going on another teenager was missing and now she has been found dead? The crime was caught on video. I can send you the link if you would like me to. I believe Hailey case brought you to us and your close to the situation. You have been out searching and that is wonderful to actually talk to some one on the blog that is being active in the search to find Hailey.

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks LindaMarie. I have been following the Lubbock case. Very sad. It's discouraging to see so many mean and evil people in this world.

I didn't know much about this site when I accidently found it. I am learning more about it now and apologize for anything I post that might offend some of you.
I am like most of you, I have an opinion on this case which might be different than others.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 pm

And, your welcome to voice it. Just don't get an attitude with the, "oh well." Especially with me. Thanks!!

LM, you are right. And then, just yesterday..we lost Elizabeth out of Lubbock and Kailee out of Nebraska.

Grneed, you probably just follow the Hailey case. We that have been blogging for years are following dozens of cases on a daily basis. They get to you after awhile and everyone needs a break. When you have time, look at some of the other cases we have here.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:26 pm

gnreed I like your posts. I think it important on a forum to have a mans point of view. It makes for interesting conversation.

What are the locals saying? Anything new on that horizon?
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:gnreed I like your posts. I think it important on a forum to have a mans point of view. It makes for interesting conversation.

Yes, it is good to have a man's opinion here now and then because we are mostly women. The fact that we are mostly women is probably why we insist on a polite and respectful dialog in this forum. The internet is loaded with just the opposite of polite and respectful on other blogs and even FB, so probably it would take a man some getting used to, to post on this site. The cases are upsetting enough, we don't need to upset each other on top of them.

I too would like to know more about what any locals are saying. I too am grateful that one of our members is involved in the search for a child.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 am

jeanne1807 wrote:gnreed I like your posts. I think it important on a forum to have a mans point of view. It makes for interesting conversation.

I agree, having a mans point of view is a good thing to have.

I am real curious in what the locals are saying, please do tell us.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:35 am

TR, as usual..you said it perfectly. Thank you.

I have nothing else to add, I just wanted to be part of this post.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:19 am

Things have been quiet so far this week. The school district released a surveillance video showing Hailey walking down the hallway of the school a week or so before she went missing.

The locals I have spoken to claim they have heard of heavy drug use in the past of both Billie and Clint.
I am not saying that is a fact, just what some are saying. I know that has been mentioned over and over but the reason I mention it again is because some are saying it could all be drug related. Such as money owed or some bad drug deal. Once again, I don't believe that but those kinds of things get started.

Some folks drive BD's house and curse at her if she is outside. This has to be stopped. Unfortunately, LE can't patrol her street as often as they should because of the investigation. They should be jailed overnight and fined heavily for doing this.

The good news: folks from all over continue to bring household items and food to both BD and CD.
I know that CD has a car that is unreliable and falling apart. I feel for him as he is driving to El Paso this week to hand out flyers.

I am concerned it will be a very long time before all of this is solved. In the meantime, I continue to pray for Haileys safe return.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 am

gnreed wrote "Some folks drive BD's house and curse at her if she is outside. This has to be stopped. Unfortunately, LE can't patrol her street as often as they should because of the investigation. They should be jailed overnight and fined heavily for doing this"

Reminds me of the Anthony case, people camped out in front of their house and stalked and harassed Cindy and George mercilessly in their grief. Are there no laws?
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

gnreed wrote:Things have been quiet so far this week. The school district released a surveillance video showing Hailey walking down the hallway of the school a week or so before she went missing.

The locals I have spoken to claim they have heard of heavy drug use in the past of both Billie and Clint.
I am not saying that is a fact, just what some are saying. I know that has been mentioned over and over but the reason I mention it again is because some are saying it could all be drug related. Such as money owed or some bad drug deal. Once again, I don't believe that but those kinds of things get started.

Some folks drive BD's house and curse at her if she is outside. This has to be stopped. Unfortunately, LE can't patrol her street as often as they should because of the investigation. They should be jailed overnight and fined heavily for doing this.

The good news: folks from all over continue to bring household items and food to both BD and CD.
I know that CD has a car that is unreliable and falling apart. I feel for him as he is driving to El Paso this week to hand out flyers.

I am concerned it will be a very long time before all of this is solved. In the meantime, I continue to pray for Haileys safe return.

It is obvious that you have some inside information being a local. Your last post was much better. Yes just like in the HaLeigh Cummings case I suspect Drugs played a part in what happened to this Hailey. I could tell Billie had been using drugs. Her face is sunken in and I suspect Meth. I really do. Billie is also very thin another sign of meth use. When a meth addict is trying to come down they do use pain killers and stuff to come down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 am

I am so mad, I just lost a post that I typed. I need to start checking to see someone else is posting at the same time. :lol!: Will I ever learn?

I was just posting that I think that most of these cases have drug use involved in them. Sad but so true.

I agree with your post gnreed. You have to remember though that people are angry because Hailey is missing. I personally would not drive by and curse at BD.

I thank you for posting what the locals are feeling and saying.

I am not going to try and repost all that I had written before.

I hope and pray that Hailey has just runaway from her home life. I will keep that thought until something concrete comes out. I want the best for her.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 am

LM,

It is obvious that you have some inside information being a local. Your last post was much better. Yes just like in the HaLeigh Cummings case I suspect Drugs played a part in what happened to this Hailey. I could tell Billie had been using drugs. Her face is sunken in and I suspect Meth. I really do. Billie is also very thin another sign of meth use. When a meth addict is trying to come down they do use pain killers and stuff to come down.

I agree with you. It has been proven that Hailey's father uses drugs also, since he has been arrested.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 am

off topic to pff:
When another post has been made while you are composing yours, a screen pops up when you send it telling you this when you send it. Click on save button and you shouldn't lose that post.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

:lol!: TR, thanks, I think I do know that, but I just flip back without checking first. I have to remember to check first. I did figure out that was what was going on.

Thanks a bunch.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

I keep saying that this case reminds me more and more of the HaLeigh Cummings case. Grneed, seriously..when you have the time..please read up on that case. You w/be amazed at the similarities.

I certainly hope Hailey Dunn's case doesn't drag on and on and on w/no end in sight like HC's. If that is the case, she w/never be found.

And yep - I, too thought of the Anthony's with the horrific drive by's and people camping out on their lawn throwing rocks at the windows.

I know Clint was arrested for pot. I doubt he does much of anything else..He looks healthy to me..but BD looks (as LM said) as though she is on meth. I have thought that from the first time I looked at her. This is all speculation with no data to prove otherwise.

Bottom line: Where is Hailey?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Tomorrow marks one month since Hailey Dunn was last seen, and her mother, Billie, is now getting some additional emotional and financial support from someone who has been in her shoes.

Diena Thompson form the Somer Thompson Foundation is in Colorado City today. Diena started the foundation after her 7-year-old daughter was abducted and murdered. She said she is providing financial assistance to the Dunn family and offering emotional support.

Investigators are still aggressively following leads and holding interviews and searches today, according to Pete Kampfer, spokesman for the Colorado City Police Department. Interviews are being conducted in both Mitchell and Scurry Counties today, and searchers are actively looking in southern Scurry County.

Hailey Dunn's disappearance is not related to the Lubbock teen who was kidnapped and murdered this month, Kampfer said.

source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Does Clint work? I know that Billie was working - but did Clint have a job? Does anyone know where the brother of Hailey is now?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:07 pm

gnreed you are saying a lot of things I have suspected.

Lm I too have thought meth. I am not a big "meth expert" but I know it is very prevelent in that area and I also know that Billie could be the poster girl picture of a meth user.

As far as the drive bys. I read that on WS and made mention of it somewhere else. I was really shot down. They said if there were any drive by's they would have been on the news since there was a cnn truck parked there when Billie was appearing on NG.

I do believe there are drive by's and I do believe we all know what kind of people do that. We saw them in Orlando night after night.

Locals know a whole lot more about what is going on in their community.

I have another question. Do the locals believe Billie cleaned up her act with the drugs after she and Clint separated or did it continue after she hooked up with SA.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal There is video here. Cannot embed

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 pm

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS News visited Colorado Middle School on Tuesday nearly a month after eighth-grader Hailey Dunn vanished, and school officials are working to bring a sense of "normalcy" back into the classroom.

Teachers and school administrators say kids are doing the best they can, but they say school won't feel normal again until Hailey is found, alive.

Colorado City officials on Tuesday released school surveillance video of Hailey Dunn taken exactly one week before she disappeared.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, saw the same footage Monday and said watching it was hard. "You can tell just looking at it, the way she walked...that was just heartbreaking to watch," she said.

Billie said Hailey's classmates have been incredibly supportive.

They've made buttons, bracelets and written notes and poems to their missing friend.

One poem, written by an eighth-grader, reads: "Think of you as I look up at the moon, as everyone speculates what is and isn't true. The stars in the sky look down, trying to find you."

School personnel say Hailey's locker sits empty; most of her school notebooks were taken by the FBI for the investigation.

Teachers told us her desk also sits untouched, as students keep her spot for when she returns.

"We're just trying to stay positive," said Hailey's reading teacher Tammy Johnson. "Our belief is that she's going to come back, and we're just waiting for that day."

Colorado Middle School Principal Mark Merrell said each day is a balancing act as they try to keep students on a normal routine even though nothing feels normal: "still doing the things day in and day out, but also not forgetting Hailey as well."

They said that even though the school staff is hurting, their job is to help students.

And although they're all focused on finding Hailey, they still have hundreds of students who come here to learn.

"It's definitely there, and we're just trying to go on and take care of what we need to work on here at school," said Johnson.

As part of the students' idea to get involved, next week they are having "Hailey Week," just one more way they're showing they care.

In the video, it is reported that the lead in TN turned out to be nothing.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:55 am

jeanne1807 wrote:gnreed you are saying a lot of things I have suspected.

Lm I too have thought meth. I am not a big "meth expert" but I know it is very prevelent in that area and I also know that Billie could be the poster girl picture of a meth user.

As far as the drive bys. I read that on WS and made mention of it somewhere else. I was really shot down. They said if there were any drive by's they would have been on the news since there was a cnn truck parked there when Billie was appearing on NG.

I do believe there are drive by's and I do believe we all know what kind of people do that. We saw them in Orlando night after night.

Locals know a whole lot more about what is going on in their community.

I have another question. Do the locals believe Billie cleaned up her act with the drugs after she and Clint separated or did it continue after she hooked up with SA.

As far as BD cleaning up her act, I don't know for sure. But she was on the wrong track by hooking up with SA. When the word started speading about Hailey, the first thing I heard was, "Shawn is bad news."

If the documents are correct,both bought narcotics the Monday night before she was reported missing. BD has changed her story according to LE. (I am not saying she did, just what I have heard)

You are correct about meth. I interview drug abusers and addicts daily. Meth is a terrible drug that has ruined alot of lives. Children are hurt the worst. I have had users tell me stories about things they have done and could not remember anything about it afterwards. (Usually charged with a crime)\
The drug is everywhere in this area and is now found in Jr. High Schools.

I am not saying BD used meth, just saying that is a possibility.

I know CD has a history of drug use. As far as I know it is marijuana only. (and a burglary charge)

According to a news article in the Colorado City Newspaper, Hailey had planned to move in with father in the very near future. CD stated he moved to where he could see the house Hailey was living in with her mom and B/F.
I found this to be very important. Was there trouble brewing between Hailey and SA?
I believe DD would be able to answer that question. Hopefully he has.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 am

I thought I read that Hailey complained to her Grandmother about SA. I could be confused with the other cases going on at VH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:24 am

Hailey DID complain to Clint's mother, and on NG, BD said this is the first she had heard of it. I kind of find that hard to believe. I also find it interesting that CD moved so close to his ex, and in particular..where he could readily see what was going on over there. Evidently, he had red flags?

As far as BD & SA buying "narcotics", I think they may have bought RX's...benzo's...downers..to POSSIBLY come down from meth. This is my opinion only.

But, What does this have to do with Hailey being missing? Maybe nothing, maybe something. We just don't know. All we can do is speculate.

Some think SA is guilty as sin. Some don't. That is the name of the game..human nature. Our opinions differ. Agree to disagree is all we can do until LE releases more info..if they have more info to release.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 am

But, What does this have to do with Hailey being missing? Maybe nothing, maybe something. We just don't know. All we can do is speculate.
MOO says it has a lot to do with what happened to Hailey.

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 am

CD may have moved close to BD to make it easier to see Hailey, or more likely, economics. CD is driving a run down, old car, BD is not rich. Maybe they both can only afford to rent in the same part of town.
I still have not heard a thing about CD and heavy drug use. Just gossip. So far, the only fact is that he bought pot. Not so with SA and BD. Correct me someone if I am wrong on this. thanks
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:36 am

lindamarie wrote:
MOO says it has a lot to do with what happened to Hailey.
I tend to agree with you. Was it a drug deal gone bad? I am not accusing, just asking.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:36 am

lindamarie wrote:I thought I read that Hailey complained to her Grandmother about SA. I could be confused with the other cases going on at VH.
LM, I heard the same thing. You would hope the paternal grandmother would have told her son. If so, I would think that he asked Hailey questions. More than likely he went to BD with this. I can't imagine not going to Hailey's mom with this and just can't imagine the grandmother not telling CD.
Did BD look the other way at what was happening, SA's flirting w/Hailey,etc.???
What is it with mother's that put their man first and choose not to believe reality?
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 am

You could be correct. CD may have wanted to move closer to Hailey. But, with Hailey wanting to move in with him tells me something may have not been right at home. Especially with the mother of CD telling NG Hailey was scared of Shawn.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 am

That makes perfect sense, grneed.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:47 am

Wrap, I think a drug deal gone bad can be more than one scenario. For instance, the buyer, the one that fronts the money,gives the money to a middle man usually who then gives the $ to the supplier (the man with the drugs.The middle man then gives the drugs to whoever originally gave the middle man the money. The buyer may front the drugs to a dealer. The dealer sells the drugs to a user. along the way, either the middle man can pretend that he was robbed, or never got the money,the same with the buyer. Also, some one could buy the drugs on credit,expecting to give the money to the middle man then that person does not get paid for some reason.The dealer could have sold a large amount to someone like SA, SA sold small amounts to his friend and then somehow SA got taken. Too many scenarios, but I hoped this helped to understand a drug deal gone wrong. I watch too much tv.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 am

gnreed wrote:You could be correct. CD may have wanted to move closer to Hailey. But, with Hailey wanting to move in with him tells me something may have not been right at home. Especially with the mother of CD telling NG Hailey was scared of Shawn.

I am not bringing your other post here but would like to address something you said. Billie did do a complete turn around on her story. She admitted withdrawing money in two transactions, because she says she didn't know how much she had, from an atm. I think 60 and 40 dollars. Then on NG or one of the first interviews she said they bought narcotics up north.

Now she says she bought tooth ache medicine. Pain pills. I say.."what is it Billie"

Personally I think Billie is trying to shine with all the "big names" flying in. Mark Klass and Laura recovery. I kind of think they shoud have let local handle it. Heck they have the FBI and Texas Rangers. After they left town local LE is left with a "new Billie". I hope I am explaining all of this right.

Now I have another question. Why is it that CD moved in with gf and now left?

It doesn't seem he was there long and they moved everything out of there. To me that was a very strange time to be moving. I heard it was welfare housing and he lost it because of the drug arrest in Dec. But I have never heard of a government agency working that fast. Also they arrested him two days after his daughters disappearance. For a small amount of pot. What was with that? I think they drilled him pretty good.

Personally I don't think he worked..much. I don't think Billie got any support money because I don't think Clint had any. Also I have an idea that Clint inherited those two houses. The one Billie lives in and the other one he sold on Chestnut.

Sorry for all the questions but they linger and keep you from moving on.

Thank you for bringing us up to date on the local news. I know in our town the local news is pretty good.

Speaking of that does SA come from money. I kind of have an idea mommy and grandma might be set pretty well.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 am

CD was arrested because LE searched his house and others. He had a local warrant and during the search a small amount of marijuana was found. I have heard he moved because of the arrest and drugs. I am like you, things usually don't move that fast. I think they have 30 days. Not sure.

I agree. Something is strange about BD's behavior. (Not saying she is guilty)

Shawn's Grandmother may have money. The house is nothing fancy however.
It is a farming community. They may own alot of land. Not sure of that either. I would like to know if they own other property. Hopefully LE is checking out all of that.

I am going back this Saturday. I am interested in the area where the knife sheath and oil field glasses were found. I just wish LE would tell us if those items could be related. This is less than a mile from the suspects grandmothers house where he is staying.
Although that area has been searched, it wouldn't hurt to search it again.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 am

CD has made quite a few moves that make me raise an eyebrow at him.

First of all he moved into his G/F's house just two months before Hailey went missing. To Keep an eye on her.

Two days after Hailey went missing they made a drug arrest on him for trivia. I mean I bet most of the homes in there have a small stash. Why CD

Then he vamoosed it out of there quicker than lightening.

Now his mission is finding Hailey..he is relentless.

To me his actions are questionable.

Maybe I just don't understand this culture. Clint has another baby girl and also a son DD.

Doesn't he need to provide for them. I don't think Clint has done that for any of his kids.

You didn't tell me Clints work record. I am guessing..spotty at best.

Good idea on the items we have heard nothing about. I wonder if they don't want them mentioned until they get some word on the testing. That seems to take forever.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 am

Shawn's Grandmother may have money. The house is nothing fancy however.
It is a farming community. They may own alot of land. Not sure of that either. I would like to know if they own other property. Hopefully LE is checking out all of that.

I would think Tax records would show that.

Has anybody looked it up. I look them up all the time in our area. Assessors office on line. Wealth of information.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:34 am

I just found this over on WS. CZGTZ is a friend of BD and she has been a regular poster at WS. Keeping everybody informed of the happenings.

I know we have all questioned why TES has not appeared. Hummm. This is interesting.

:
Originally Posted by czgtz
Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the areas that have been searched since several of the searchers approached Billie and basically told her that Brad didn't know what he was talking about, and they were going to search where they thought was important. I about lost it. I know that not all of the searchers, or even (hopefully) the majority felt this way.... but for anyone to have the gall to dismiss everything that Brad worked so hard to set up just made me sick. Your best bet on finding out the covered areas would be to get ahold of redcat. If she doesn't know offhand, she can find out.

You got me to thinking also. I haven't thought of this place in years - I think we called it the 'hot spot'. When I was in high school, it was a very popular place to swim, or just go to drink. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I know that it is a posted, fenced area. The water there was very warm and full of currents... because of the power plant's intake vents (or whatever you would call them). And dangerous because supposedly the suction is strong enough to pull you under. I have no idea if the plant is still set up that way, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Personally, I have to believe that Hailey is still alive. And until I know for a fact otherwise, that is what I will believe. At the same time, I realize that areas need to be searched, if for no other reason than to clear them. That is why I am furious that TES has not been allowed to come in. Yes, there is a vast amount of land that you really cannot narrow down to any certain place to look, but the lakes, ponds, fishing holes, and the Colorado River (in the few places water might be) could dang sure be searched and ruled out. Our city manager has mentioned how vast Lake Colorado City is, and lamented how expensive it would be to search it, but TES doesn't charge for their services, do they? That is what I have been led to believe anyway.

I see no reason at all that TES is not allowed to come in and clear at least the Colorado City and Champion lakes.... unless there is something down there (totally unrelated to Hailey) that someone doesn't want to be found. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but WTH? I am beginning to believe that something mighty interesting would be found.

When I first contacted TES, I was told in no uncertain terms that they did not have to be either invited or welcomed by LE. Only that a parent had to ask them to come and then inform LE. I immediately called Billie, and she called and asked them to come, called LE to tell them that TES was coming, and then called TES back to let them know LE had been informed. TES told her they would be coming either that day or the next morning (they are 8 to 10 hours away from us, and it has been so long that I don't remember which day they said they were coming... it was late morning getting close to noon after all the phone calls were made). Keep in mind that it was very easy to get someone to talk to us, and they never made us wait very long on hold.

As soon as I heard that it had been reported that they were on standby (and I heard it here first), I called Billie and asked her what had happened. She had no idea that they were not coming after all. So I called TES back. Several times. And besides being forwarded to this person and that person, and spending a lot of time on hold. And no one was able to talk to me - oh, I talked to lots of different people, but no one that was 'authorized' to give me any information. Finally, I got the voicemail of the woman I had originally talked to that morning. And left two or three messages.

When it was nearly 5pm, I called again, in a last ditch effort to get anyone to tell me anything. And I finally found someone to help me out a little bit, bless her heart. She gave me the cell number of the woman I talked to that morning. So I called her, of course getting voicemail. I am not ashamed to admit that I begged her to call me. And she did call me back.

She was very apologetic, but could not explain the standby status to me. I asked her if I had misunderstood her earlier explaination of not needing LE's permission to come as long as a parent requested them and informed LE that they would be coming. I don't blame her, and in fact I think she felt very bad. She told me that I had understood her correctly, but that LE had put them on standby. I kept on, and finally she told me (paraphrasing) "I'm sorry, but LE called us and told us not to come. They have us on standby. As soon as they allow us to come, we will. We have our mobile home packed, and we also have access to a plane and a pilot. I promise, as soon as LE allows us to come, we will leave immediately, and can be there in a matter of hours."

And this was how many days/weeks ago? It really makes me sick. I realize that they are (or were) in Florida on another case now, and of course they cant drop everything and come here. But they were ready to come, and were not allowed to. WTH could have been said to them to make them throw out their standard protocol regarding getting involved?

Sorry for the ramble, but I just cannot get over this.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by RileysMom on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 am

This is interesting and weird at the same time makes one wonder why they are not welcome dosen't it ??
Thank you very much for posting this jeanne you rock
RileysMom

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DiaperCakeJungle?ref=si_shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 am

I agree, that post is very weird. I don't understand either why LE would not want TES to come immediately. ????

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 am

Again, just like in the HaLeigh Cummings case. Tim Miller and his TES volunteers were actually searching for HaLeigh and were told by LE to leave. Tim (to my knowledge) has never said why they were asked to leave but he was pretty upset about it.

This really makes you wonder (if this gal is telling the truth) WHY LE would tell them not to come. I would think they would welcome the help of experts that work their tail to the bone, have access to sonar equipment to search in the water, are extremely well-trained and don't charge one red nickle. Something is amiss here.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Could it be that LE fears that search parties might disturb or contaminate potential evidence in a crime?
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by HotMama on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:05 am

No, SA does not come from money. His mother is a postal employee and his grandmother sat (in home care) for the elderly. His mother got preg with him in HS and planned on giving him up for adoption. She changed her mind when he was born. She eventually married his dad, but he was raised mostly by his grandmother in Dunn. His family (uncles) have always been known as trouble.

HotMama

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am

No it doesnt make sense and someone ought to notify the press or one of those reporters down there to investigate exactly why. Only the press could put some kind of spotlight on this.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 am

The article below is apparently by Glen Owen a profiler. It is was not written by Seamus OReilly

This is from the Examiner and is a profile of Hailey's killer.

As many of you know, I respect the work of Pat Brown.

Her profiling is based upon common sense, human nature, and experience in communicating with people, and has debunked many of the myths that, although were exciting for television movies, weren't factual. I have included a quote from her also in bold type.

I hope to have Pat back on the show soon.

Analysis and commentary are in bold type.

Hailey Dunn was reported missing on December 28, 2010 from Colorado City, Texas. The last person to see Hailey is Shawn Adkins. He is the former live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn. He has been named a suspect, in the case, but no arrests have been made. Numerous searches have been made in and around Colorado City, but these searches have not led to her recovery.

Criminal profiler, Glenn Owen, has been following the case. He provided the following profile that he would use as a tool to solve her disappearance.

“Target areas 10 to 20 miles in the direction of suspect, Shawn Adkins mother's home.

Shawn Adkins told police where they should look.

Remote areas where a dirt road is accessible from the main road and leads to a very remote area.”

The area is mostly rural

If Hailey has been murdered he said he would profile the killer as “Organized.”

Verbal indicators show that Hailey is dead. Here, Shawn Adkins is described as "organized"

“Organized killers abduct from one area sexually assault and murder in another area then dump the body 10 to 20 miles from the abduction site in a very remote isolated area.

There is no suspicion that either Shawn or Billie Jean are serial killers.

Organized killers are usually average to above average in intelligence.

This would not describe Shawn Adkins nor Billie Dunn.

They come from families with a mentally abusive father figure.

They work (skilled labors) and have transportation (vehicle).

Shawn and Billie are not skilled workers. They were reported to share rides.

Many times they know or may be related to someone in law enforcement.

Not in this case as far as we know.

They like to keep close to the investigation by reading news reports.

Billie Dunn appears to have stayed close to the news via media appearances.

They plan their crime months prior to committing them.

This was likely not premeditated but an "accidental" overdose, or perhaps retaliatory (to keep Hailey silent) but was not likely planned at all. Billie Dunn described Shawn as mentally retarded, and Billie Dunn does not appear to be even average intelligence. She may be deceptive, and even street smart, as a liar, but she does not appear to reach the level of even average intelligence.

They study police tactics and know how to destroy or not leave much if any evidence.

Not likely in this case.

They like to keep souvenirs of their victims so they can relive the experience at a later time.

This is not likely the case either.

Many drive dark colored vehicles (trucks) with a lot of chrome and keep it very clean.

Vehicle will usually have high millage because they drive a lot looking for victims.

Billie didn't know, for several days, that police had taken Hailey's bedsheets. She does not strike me as a clean, organized person. Drug addicts are not known for hygiene, cleanliness, etc.

Organized killers usually don't kill in their own neighborhood.”

Hailey was likely killed in her own home, late night on the 26th of December, or the 27th in the early morning hours.

I asked Pat Brown, criminal profiler and author, her view point on this analysis. She said,

Regarding being intelligent and organized:
"this guy is organized which means he is smart. If he were so smart, he wouldn’t keep saying stupid stuff like where to find the body and how killing a kid is like killing a deer and yeah, I threatened to kill Billie and Hailey.

Regarding Organized killers don’t kill in the neighborhood:

Pat said that she believes Hailey was killed "in her own house".

She said, "this labeling system is for serial killers which the boyfriend is not."

Hailey Dunn is 5 foot 1, weighs 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and long brown hair. She was last seen wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light colored short sleeve t-shirt, pink and white tennis shoes or flip flops and red hoop earrings.

Shawn Adkins alleges at approximately 3:15 pm on December 27, 2010 Hailey said she was going across the field to her Dad's house and then she was going to walk a few blocks away to spend the night with her friend. Hailey was reported missing on the afternoon of December 28, 2010 when it was discovered she did not spend the night with her friend and in-fact a sleepover had not been planned.

Anyone with information on the location of Hailey Dunn is asked to contact the Colorado City Police Department at (352) 728-5294.

Posted by Seamus O Riley at 7:04 AM 0 comments
source:
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Artgal, so is O'Riley saying that he doesn't think SA killed Hailey? I don't think that SA is a serial killer, but I still believe that he may have killed Hailey!

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 pm

How do we know that Billie herself did NOT call TE and tell them not to come?
Or that LE told them that Hailey is dead (per their evidence that has not been released yet)?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I don't know about the dark, immaculate vehicle with lots of chrome. Cases I can recall about rapists and child predator killers run the gamut of light blue to bright yellow.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Im not sure what the profiler is saying except that perhaps he believes that this is not the work of a serial killer and he doesnt think that SA or BD are serial killers. But he also states when and where Hailey was killed - in her own home the night of he 26th or early morning 27th - and that BD is a drug user. Those of course are just his opinions but seem to coincide with OReillys. I assume he thinks SA killed Hailey but Im not sure.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm

charminglane wrote:How do we know that Billie herself did NOT call TE and tell them not to come?
Or that LE told them that Hailey is dead (per their evidence that has not been released yet)?

Good point Charm. We DON'T know on either point and likely won't know or at least until Hailey is found.

But, Billie Dun did manage to get herself on NG after she had no luck with local LE and from there it got nationwide attention and LE seemed to start pulling their heads out. I still don't think the answer lies with BD. Personally I do think the answer lies with SA but I still hope LE has/is looked further into others.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum