Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracy Ocasio / James Hataway

3 posters

Go down

Tracy Ocasio / James Hataway Empty Tracy Ocasio / James Hataway

Post by jocasio Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:01 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-james-hataway-hearing-20110118,0,7379168.story

jocasio

Back to top Go down

Tracy Ocasio / James Hataway Empty Re: Tracy Ocasio / James Hataway

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Once again, we're seeing that the victim(s) don't have the rights that the perp does.
I don't know what to say, I'm so very sorry for your loss and I don't think there's justice anymore in this country for the victims.
What can we, the public do to ensure that Tracy is found? What can we do to make sure Tracy gets justice?
Welcome to VH, please feel free to ask anything of us, we want to help.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jocasio Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Keep your message loud and strong as we have to somehow turn the tide for victims rights...God Bless.

jocasio

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 pm

You got it. Let us know anything else we can do. It's overdue, there's too many stories just like Tracy's and it's just so wrong.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 am

With all due respect, Mr. Ocasio, I have decided to print out the link you supplied. I hope you don't mind.

Judge: No mention of Tracy Ocasio in Hataway's other trial
A Seminole County judge today ruled that when the man suspected in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio stands trial in an unrelated attempted murder case, prosecutors can't say a word about Ocasio.

SANFORD – A judge today ruled that when the man suspected in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio stands trial in Seminole County in an unrelated attempted murder case, prosecutors can not say a word about Ocasio.

She is the 27-year-old woman who was last seen leaving a MetroWest bar with Hataway in May 2009 following an Orlando Magic playoff game.

Hataway has not been charged in that case, but he's in jail in Seminole, accused of choking and banging the head of another woman into the ground repeatedly after she refused his advances.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

At a pretrial hearing in the Seminole case today, Circuit Judge Donna McIntosh ruled that prosecutors may not mention Ocasio.

Prosecutors did not put up a fight.

Hataway, 30, is charged with attacking a 22-year-old woman as she dropped him off at his home near Casselberry Aug. 7, 2008.

They had been with a group of friends at a bar then went to a party at a woman's home that night, according to a Seminole County Sheriff's Office incident report.

Today, Assistant State Attorney Dan Faggard explained why the two left the party and why they left together: Partygoers accused Hataway of trying to steal steak knives or silverware and rifling through purses, so they asked him to leave.

The 22-year-old woman offered to drive him home, Faggard said.

"She was trying to be nice. That's why all these terrible things happened to her," he said.

Assistant Public Defender Alexandra Steele asked the judge to bar that information at trial. The judge said no, that jurors could hear about it.

There is no trial date. Defense attorneys today indicated they have been unable to find background records on one of the witnesses who says she saw Hataway attacking the Seminole victim and others who were at the party.

Ocasio's father, Joe Ocasio, was at the hearing. Afterward, he said he was frustrated by delays in this case and in the investigation into his daughter's disappearance.

He made eye contact with Hataway in the courtroom, he said.

"I don't want to say what I feel," he said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-james-hataway-hearing-20110118,0,7379168.story
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:39 am

Dear Mr. Ocasio,

We have all been following Tracy's case since day one. I am very happy you found our site and decided to become a member. Please know that you are welcome to come here and vent if you need to.

I am not surprised they are not letting in the fact's of your beautiful daughter. Our court system really has some gaps in it that need to be changed. I am sure you have a lawyer? If so, I hope he or she is meeting all your needs. It must have been so hard to look that monster in the face.

You are one strong man, Mr. Ocasio. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This is going on two years and I think it's about time some justice be found. I DO believe Hataway also took Jennifer Kesse. The Kesse's have been through hell just like you have and for that, I am so sorry!! crying

Mr. Ocasio, I truly believe the monster will be found guilty in the other case and at least you know he will be locked up - hopefully forever.

You have many supporter's here that will do anything we can to help you.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 am

If he is convicted (I believe he will be) he would have nothing left to lose by telling LE where Tracy is. I stumbled upon the family site for updates. I found myself over whelmed with emotions. I am so sorry Mr Ocasio for your families loss. I think in many cases like this one that the law should allow for truth serum drugs to be administered. I know how important justice is to the victims and their families. I believe the number one objective is to find Tracy and bring her home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:16 am

Police: Chris George’s Remains Found

Posted: 11:55 pm EDT July 21, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators confirmed that the remains found in an Orange County lake earlier this year, were those of missing man Chris George. His mother was notified by Apopka police that DNA results confirmed her son’s identity.

George disappeared two years ago. He was last seen with James Hataway who is also a suspect in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio.

Hataway is now serving a life sentence after he was convicted of attempting to kill a Seminole County woman.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28629169/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Wow. I hope that Tracy is found, sooner rather than later to give her folks some kind of peace. Hataway needs to be in front of a firing squad.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down