Kirkpatrick Sentenced To Life With No Parole For The 1st Degree Murder Of Kailee Clapp

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Kirkpatrick Sentenced To Life With No Parole For The 1st Degree Murder Of Kailee Clapp

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh I am so glad that POS that murdered Kailee was deemed competent to stand trail! I'm happy for Kailee's sister and the whole family, this must take a lot off their shoulders! Big Hug to Kailee's big sister!!

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Kirkpatrick Sentenced To Life With No Parole For The 1st Degree Murder Of Kailee Clapp

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I agree!! I hope Kailee's sister comes here soon!! This is a huge relief!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 am

We have had some of our prayers answerd.....this news was the best news we have had for the most part the waiting is about over i know we are going to start to get things started......god knows its been long it just sucks that we all have started to just acept this tragdy and we now will have to relive it i hope it is worth it in the end when the judge sentences him to live in prison with no possiblity of parol........
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:13 am

It will be worth all of what you and you're family are going to have to go thru', I'm sure. I've not walked in you're shoes and won't pretend to but when that POS has those prison doors close behind him I bet you all will feel relief. He then won't be able to do this to someone else on down the line.
Love the pic of you two in your avatar! You are both so pretty. Hang in there.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Motions hearing Tuesday in murder trial

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Thursday, April 12, 2012
McCook Daily Gazette

McCOOK, Nebraska -- A motions hearing is scheduled in the murder case against 20-year-old Stathis Kirkpatrick for Tuesday, 9 a.m., in Red Willow County District Court. Kirkpatrick is the Bartley, Nebraska, man charged with first degree murder and other offenses stemming from the 2011 death of 14-year-old Kailee Clapp of McCook.

Red Willow County District Court Judge David Urbom will preside over the motions hearing, both the prosecution and defense have filed motions that will be considered.

The prosecution has filed a motion to offer additional evidence and another to file amended information. Kirkpatrick's defense has filed a motion to suppress evidence, as well as to suppress statements Kirkpatrick made.

Several individuals have been subpoenaed to give testimony during the hearing.

Kirkpatrick's defense has also filed a notice of intent stating they would rely upon the insanity defense at trial. Good luck w/that!! Sarcasm

Kirkpatrick is in custody at Phelps County Jail in Holdrege, Nebraska.

Kirkpatrick is charged with first degree murder, use of a knife or deadly weapon to commit a felony, tampering with physical evidence and unlawful burial.

If convicted the minimum penalty for a first degree murder charge, a Class I or IA felony, is life in prison without parole; the maximum is the death penalty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Kirkpatrick's defense has also filed a notice of intent stating they would rely upon the insanity defense at trial. Good luck w/that!! Sarcasm
lol

Back to top Go down

Normal Amended charges show 14-year-old Neb. girl was sexually assaulted before body set ablaze

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First Posted: April 21, 2012 - 5:31 pm

McCOOK, Neb. — Amended charges filed in the death of a 14-year-old McCook girl indicate she was sexually assaulted before her body was sent ablaze.

Twenty-year-old Stathis Kirkpatrick, of Bartley, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges in the death of Kailee Clapp, whose burned body was found the evening of Jan. 21, 2011, in a Bartley cemetery. She had been reported missing that morning from her McCook home.

The amendment filed Tuesday in Red Willow County District Court indicates the killing was carried out in conjunction with a sex assault.

Kirkpatrick had originally been deemed mentally unfit to stand trial but the judge later found him competent. His attorneys have filed paperwork indicating they'll pursue an insanity defense.

crying

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm

angry I hope they have some DNA from the sexual assault and it is his. Slam dunk case if they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 pm

It should be a slam dunk anyway. This new evidence doesnt suprise me at all. The wording of it has me wondering a few things though.
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:02 pm

May he rot in hell!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Wed May 09, 2012 12:06 pm

hi guys long time no talk....that day was long and gruesome...we had already known she was sexually assualted before the court did..so this was no new news for us...so basically what happened is that our side said here is some evidence we want to put in trail the defence said ok let the judge see it..the judge is reviewing it and they will have aguements in by the 16 and by the 18th they have a phone confrence..our side also filed a motion for another mental heath check just to have two reports plus a follow up on his mental health.....so there is a little personal view to what is happening on the front line sooo ive been good and well we are just waiting for all this to be over but until then we wait for results and court dates.....for one day to just be done
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Kailee's sis...Good to hear from you. Thanks for the update. I've wondered what was happening. Please keep us informed as things progress. I know it's hard to go through all of this, but I pray that justice will be done for your precious Kailee when all of this is over.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Wed May 09, 2012 1:08 pm

thank you and i will and im so positive it will and this eviedence clears ashlees name the gf...what girl is going to stand there and watch that??? he did this hanous crime alone and hid the fact that he sexually assulted my sister, i was told they told ashlee the day before court that he had sexually assulted my sister i have no idea what happend after they told her that...
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks for updating us.

Back to top Go down

Normal Trial set for Sept. for man accused of killing Neb. teen; proceedings expected to last 3 weeks

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 pm

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First Posted: May 20, 2012 - 11:51 am
Last Updated: May 20, 2012 - 11:51 am

McCOOK, Neb. — A trial has been scheduled for September for a Bartley man accused of killing a 14-year-old McCook girl.

Records files in Red Willow County District Court show the trial for 20-year-old Stathis Kirkpatrick is expected to last three weeks. A judge scheduled the proceedings to begin Sept. 10.

Kirkpatrick has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges in the death of Kailee Clapp, whose burned body was found the evening of Jan. 21, 2011, in a Bartley cemetery. She had been reported missing that morning from her McCook home.

Kirkpatrick had originally been deemed mentally unfit to stand trial but the judge later found him competent. His attorneys have filed paperwork indicating they'll pursue an insanity defense.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Mon May 21, 2012 8:56 am

september 10th will be the jury selection....i hope we can find 12 people here in mccook....... Fingers Crossed
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 21, 2012 3:54 pm

KaileesBigSister wrote:september 10th will be the jury selection....i hope we can find 12 people here in mccook....... Fingers Crossed
praying for you and your family

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 am

KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:35 am

:cheering: Kailee's Big Sister!! Wrap posted this yesterday on the thread below!! We were hoping that you would come by!!

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Kailee's Big Sister. Do they still Need a jury selection if he has plead No Contest? I thought he was going to be sentenced soon. Either way, he has admitted what he did (HORRIFIC!!!) and he w/be locked up for life!

It's GREAT to see you here!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

no jury needed we are rounding to the finish line alot faster then we have ever thought we would skipping the biggest obstacal....eventhough stathis did this for his own selfish reasons i thank him for not dragging us through a long and gruesome trial that it would have been....
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 am

I'm glad that Kailee is getting justice and that your family won't have to sit and listen to those horrible details...I pray that you will find peace and have comfort in the wonderful memories that you have of your time with her. Thinking about you and all you're going through.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Lisette, very well said!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I am glad to read that you are okay with how this played out. RIP Kailee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 pm

KaileesBigSister, you are a very Special member. I hope you have a wonderful life. I am so sad for you and your family but Relieved this degenerate owned his Guilt. He will have to live his entire young life behind bars. He did this to himself. I feel absolutely NO pity for him. I just wish you and your family the absolute best in life. Couple Hugging

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KaileesBigSister on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 pm

thanks so much i just hope after this is all said and done kailees name wont be forgotten and i hope her story never finds an end....
KaileesBigSister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 am

We will always have her thread and her "loving memory" thread ACTIVE!!  

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Kirkpatrick Sentenced To Life With No Parole For The 1st Degree Murder Of Kailee Clapp

Post by NiteSpinR on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Nov 20, 2012

McCOOK – Stathis Kirkpatrick was sentenced to life in prison In front of a packed Red Willow District County courtroom Tuesday.
In a sentencing hearing that lasted about 20 minutes Tuesday, Judge David Urbom handed down the sentence to the 20-year-old Bartley man, who in September pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of 14-year-old Kailee Clapp, of McCook.

Clapp’s burned remains were found at the Bartley Cemetery, about 20 miles from McCook, on Jan. 21, 2011. Her mother had reported her missing earlier that morning, and police found blood in the alley behind Clapp’s home in McCook.

Tuesday, Prosecutor Corey O’Brien, who was appointed to handle the case by the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office, said the family asked him to speak on their behalf. He called it a day for Clapp’s family and McCook to “obtain justice.”

“By any measure, this was a horrific crime, a senseless crime,” O’Brien said. “A crime best categorized as the ultimate form of senselessness.”

As O’Brien recounted the events of the night of Jan. 20, there were sobs from Clapp’s family and friends, who had gathered Tuesday for the sentencing.

O’Brien said he had heard a number of rumors throughout the process of investigating the case, which he said had divided the community. Most notable of the rumors, O’Brien said, was that Kirkpatrick did not act alone in Clapp’s death.

“Nobody else is to blame,” O’Brien said. “It’s nobody’s fault but that man right over there.”

Later, shortly before issuing the sentence, Urbom, asked if there was anything Kirkpatrick wanted to say to the court, Kirkpatrick replied, “No, there’s not.”

On Jan. 21, 2011, after searching her cell phone records, officers learned that the last person to talk to her was Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was called in for questioning at the McCook Police Station twice on Jan. 21 and police arrested him after searching his pickup, where they had found blood stains.

Kirkpatrick initially told McCook Police Officers that he had stayed with his girlfriend on the night of Jan. 20, but officers learned that hea had stayed at his uncle’s house in Bartley, instead. There, officers found bloody clothes, believed to be the clothes that Kirkpatrick was wearing on Jan. 20 and Jan. 21.

After officers told Kirkpatrick of that discovery at his uncle’s home, he told them that he had witnessed an unknown man attack Clapp, who had kidnapped her and taken her to Bartley cemetery, which led to the discovery of her body.

Kirkpatrick was initially charged with first-degree murder, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony, tampering with physical evidence and unlawful burial. Charges of first-degree sexual assault were later added.

In September 2011, a psychological evaluation revealed that Kirkpatrick was not competent to stand trial, and he was committed to the Lincoln Regional Health Center for treatment. Urbom ruled him competent to stand trail in February 2012.

On Aug. 10, Urbom denied two motions from the defense to suppress depositions of McCook Police Officers and Phelps County Jail employees who interviewed and spoke with Kirkpatrick beginning on Jan. 21.

On Sept. 6, Kirkpatrick pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. All other charges were dropped.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum