Rapist, David Sanders, gets 46 years for 'animalistic' conduct toward his victim Patricia Fambro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Rapist, David Sanders, gets 46 years for 'animalistic' conduct toward his victim Patricia Fambro

Post by Praying For Faith on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rapist gets 46 years for 'animalistic' conduct

By Kimball Perry • [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] • February 7, 2011

Patricia Fambro shuffled to the judge's bench today, limping because, after David Sanders raped her, he set his pit bull on her and the dog bit off the middle toe of her right foot.

"I think it was a hate crime. He just kept beating me and beating me," Fambro, 54, told Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Judge Robert Ruehlman.

In an April 23 attack in Camp Washington, Fambro was outside Cincinnati Chili when she asked to borrow Sanders' cell phone. She followed him to his nearby apartment where he quickly turned on her.

Over the next 3½ hours, Sanders raped her twice, repeatedly beat her with his fists and a metal pipe and stomped her. He also threw scalding water on her, to get rid of the rape evidence, and commanded his dog to bite her.

Sanders pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery, two counts of rape and two counts of felonious assault last month.

"This is one of the worst crimes we've ever seen in Person Crimes in some time," said Cincinnati police Officer David Schofield.

Ruehlman imposed the maximum possible penalty of 46 years in prison, adding he wished he could make it longer, perhaps so long that Sanders' body "would assume room temperature (and) when they take you out, you are horizontal."

Ruehlman said Sanders' crimes were inhuman.

"I've never seen anybody tortured like that," Ruehlman said. "Your conduct was animalistic. Only human beings can be very cruel. Animals don't torture like this.

"It was just beyond imagination. This is cruel beyond belief."

Assistant Prosecutor Michael Peck said the city of Cincinnati spent $8,000 housing and caring for the pit bulldog after Sanders' arrest. It was destroyed.

The only time Sanders spoke to the judge was to question Ruehlman's comment that he was mean to his dog.

Not sure where this took place in Cincinnati, but it is a big city and of course a lot of areas are not very good. This ladies big, big mistake was going to this man's apartment. I am not clear if she actually knew him or not. What is this, another mental person or drugs causing this kind of behavior.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Rapist, David Sanders, gets 46 years for 'animalistic' conduct toward his victim Patricia Fambro

Post by raine1953 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm

OMG, how horrible! I'm so glad the judge sentenced him to 46 years!
It's just not safe at all to go to someone's home anymore unless you know them well.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Rapist, David Sanders, gets 46 years for 'animalistic' conduct toward his victim Patricia Fambro

Post by raine1953 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

This is the monster!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm

raine, I always know that I can count on you to post the pictures with these articles. :thanks:

I am getting afraid to go out of the house by myself at all anymore. I have been approached sitting in my car by beggers, some get very mad when I tell them to "go away." If I cannot park close to say Walmart, then I just go home. I am at the point that I do not go much without DH. I am constantly checking the surroundings before I get out of my car. I never used to be like this.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 pm

this is one of those cases you read and just say to yourself WOW!!!

Be careful PFF. You can never be too cautious. Im so glad I Live in the middle of NO-WHERE
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Praying For Faith wrote:raine, I always know that I can count on you to post the pictures with these articles. :thanks:

I am getting afraid to go out of the house by myself at all anymore. I have been approached sitting in my car by beggers, some get very mad when I tell them to "go away." If I cannot park close to say Walmart, then I just go home. I am at the point that I do not go much without DH. I am constantly checking the surroundings before I get out of my car. I never used to be like this.
If I had had the kind of experience as you had PFF, I think I would feel the same way you do. Thankfully, I've never went thru' anything like that. I'm really not too afraid for myself for some unknown reason. Good thing too because of my living situation, I would never be able to sleep or come home late at night. If I encounter a homeless person I never know what I'll do but usually I give them a dollar, sometimes not. But I am very aware, if I am in a parking lot going for my car I am very conscious of the surroundings. Who I do worry about are my kids and my grandchildren. I wish I could be with my grandson all of the time so I could 'guard' him but if I told my son this, he'd have me in a asylum that fast!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 am

Well Raine, These beggars hang around the banks, the grocery stores and restaurants.

My husband did give a woman money when we were coming out of a restaurant and going to our car. She approached us with her sad story. Then the same woman approached me while my husband was in the grocery picking up a couple of items. She scared me to death, just appeared and started her begging. Since I had recognized her, I just shook my head NO and told her to go away. Boy did she get mad. Then I saw her go a couple of rows over and hit up a man, he pulled out his wallet and gave her money. I then read some comments in our newspaper from people about these beggars and they were saying that they need to get new stories. I hear they are all around town doing this.
I had a guy drive up next to me at McDonald's, while I was getting a cup of coffee. I set out back in the lot to drink it before I continued on with my errands. My husband had a fit that I did not just drive away. After I told this man that I had no money, he drove off and hit up a man going to his car and again this man gave he him money. I am sorry, but I am sick of it and I don't buy their story. We have places they can get food and stay warm. I like others do not think it is food that they are after. We donate food to the food bank here to help them out.

One man was offering to help women load their goceries in their trunks and then he would run off with their purses. Our sheriff even put out a warning for women not to go to the grocery stores alone.

I just saw that a man robbed a laundromat where I had been going and it sometimes would be kind of late. Thanks goodness I don't have to do that anymore.

I also had a man trying to break into my home at 9:00a.m. in the morning. Again scarred me to death.

So that is why I feel the way that I do now. It seems that we are having more crime in our area and they are hitting homes in the daytime when they think people are at work.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 am

Wow, PFF!! Springfield doesn't sound very safe at all. From the way you are talking and you explaining all you have encountered, I would think you were living in New York of LA like Raine does. OMG!!! Can't Sgt, Clark and his men do something about this situation?

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 am

Wrap,
I don't think that they are around patrolling the lots to see this. These people come out of no where at you. They got here tooooooo late at my house. The camera at the laundramat did capture an image of a man breaking into the machines. I have not see if he was caught or not. I just read where a lady had a gun put to her head, knocked down and her purse stolen on Sunday night. Not a good area though to be out walking at 10:30p.m..

I think it is the drugs that people are hooked on and then this unemployment due to this economy also. I would imagine that most of the country has this.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 am

raine1953 wrote:

This is the monster!

Ask your self. Would you ask this guy to use his cell phone? Then follow him to his apartment? Noooooo That poor Woman was to trusting. I am guarded like you are PFF.

Last edited by lindamarie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 pm

LM, if I encountered anyone looking like that with those eyes, I'd run the other way. No way would I ask him for anything!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm

PFF - I remembered what you said about the break in at your home when you were home, that's why I said if I had went thru' what you have that I'd probably be the same way.
I've lived here my entire life, I think that's why I'm not really scared but I am very aware of my surroundings. Also I never answer the door in my apartment because I can't look to see who it is - at the most I'll ask thru' the door 'who are you'. I'm a little more relaxed at my house (which the kids live in) but it's still the same city, quiet neighborhood and perhaps we have a false sense of feeling safe.
I wouldn't go walk the streets of downtown Los Angeles alone, day or night.
I do think that when the economy is bad and jobs are lost there is more crime, it just seems to go hand in hand.
Is there anyway you all in Springfield could get LE to patrol a little more?
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 am

That is a terrible assault! She was 54 - do we know how old he is? He looks quite young. He also looks like he has some mental issues - has he been assessed? I agree with you PFF & LM, this woman was WAY too trusting!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:33 am

Is there anyway you all in Springfield could get LE to patrol a little more?

Raine, I have never seen them patrol the store parking lots. Now our mall does have a person that drives around the mall lots day and night. I remember being told by a bank employee that the police said that there is nothing they can do, because they have not committed a crime. So, all you can do is run them off and be careful.
I am glad that you all are not seeing this.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 am

On my BD a few years ago, I had gone to lunch w/hubs, came home, unlocked front door as men were running out the back. My whole house, every drawer on the floor, even the sugar was dumped out. There were sheets on the floor with valuables on the sheets. My heart skipped a beat. What killed me, they had the tv's, puter, video game box, etc on the sheets. What got me was I live on a pretty big piece of property, behind my house is about 15 acres. The idiots were going to walk thru the woods to their getaway car with heavy things. Dumb idiots. They were gone before LE got here. I could have been toast if they had not been in the LR when I got home. If they were in a bedroom who knows? I felt so violated, scared, you name it.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:56 am

Forgot my main beggar story. It had a woman come up to me in a mall when I was pregnant, asked to come home with me to help with housework and cooking, she had no home. Broke my heart.
At hospital visiting a friend. Parked across the street at a bank. Young woman came up, asked me for $$ for diapers. I said " Sure, get in the car, we will go to the grocery store". She got all huffy, went and got into a BMW with a guy driving. Scam, nothing but a scam. LE says half of the beggar's here do it for a living, have cars and usually a decent, warm place to live. They had a news story, they followed beggars home, usually in a nice car, etc. They showed it all on the news.

over reaction
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Critter, you were so lucky when you came home and surprised those guys in your home! I'm so glad they had an escape route like you said, if you'd went into a bedroom and they had no way out, omg I don't even want to think about that! They were pretty stupid too, all that heavy stuff that they were going to haul on foot thru' the woods.
Be careful out there all alone!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 pm

It's hard to distinguish a person who really needs the help from the scammers - I'm certainly not able to tell.
The last person I gave $2 to was a lady outside a Rite Aid, she had toddler with her, a sign w/ her story (forget what it was) and said her baby needed clothes too. I had no idea if this was true but in case it was, I gave her what I did and would have come back w/ clothes if I had any.
I feel bad for people who are really down on their luck so I guess I take my chances and hope that I make the right decision.
I don't see many homeless here but know that not far at all there's tons and I probably wouldn't have the same attitude that I do now if I encountered this all the time.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 am

Critter - I am glad you & your husband survived that! You are a brave woman. We even have beggars up here in Canada - they hold up a sign at the stop light (saying they need money for food), and look pleadingly at you until you give them money. I do wonder where the money goes?

I also had the same young guy (in his 20's) come up to me a few times in the local 7-Eleven parking lot & say he needed some money for gas. We don't live in a big city, so I am starting to recognize the "locals". The third time he tried this, I said "I think you told me that last time" and didn't give him any. I felt kind of mean, but I was afraid that the money was probably going to drugs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:20 am

They are all over the place in Florida. And really, if I were to become homeless, that is the state I would want to be in. Warm winters, can fish all day, camp out under the stars.

LE really has their hands full of them in Florida. In fact, the homeless in the cold states save up their pennies or literally hitchhike to Florida.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 am

Critter, I believe half or more of the stories are scams too. I had a phone call and they want me to donate money so that teddy bears could be given to sick children. I said that I would. I ask for the address and a drop off point so that I could go and pick out a teddy bear myself and take it to them. Well, they wanted no part of that. They wanted my credit card number. This was last fall. I later saw an small article in the paper from the sheriff that is was a scam. I am sorry, I just cannot believe these stories and it is sad because we do help people out.

The homeless man that for years has had his belongings in a doorstep on the cold concrete was still there tonight. It is supposed to get to 0 degrees or below tonight. A couple of years ago a lady went and bought him a very heavy sleeping bag to use. I told my husband this has gone on for so long that I no longer feel sorry for him. There is help for him. There certainly should be a job for him all these years. It is a way of life for him and his alcohol that we see him with.

Every time we give money to these beggars, we find out that it is a scam. It really makes me leery anymore.

I give to food banks and St. Vincent DePaul and to the Humane Shelter to help the animals. My husband was just feeding an adult cat that was coming around last week. He/she was very scared but it was so cold and it certainly ate every bit of food that he put out. I hope it is okay now because we have not seen it in a couple of days. I don't like cruelty to animals anymore than I like cruelty to children or adults.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 am

PFF - Aren't there shelters that open up when it gets to a certain temperature so these people can get out of the cold? We have them here, I forget the hours but these people can get in out of the cold and have a warm place to sleep. The missions fill up pretty fast and there's always a shortage of beds.
I hope the kitty is OK, I'm a sucker for them too!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum