Ashley Milligan 23 yr old mom of burned "meth lab" baby, arrested

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Ashley Milligan 23 yr old mom of burned "meth lab" baby, arrested

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 am

Ashley Milligan arrested.

HOKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Sheriff Hubert A. Peterkin said Monday that the mother of a 4-month-old baby boy found burned by chemicals at a suspected methamphetamine lab has been arrested.
The sheriff tells ABC11 that 23-year-old Ashley Milligan of 1310 Boone Hill Rd. Summerville, SC, came to North Carolina Monday to get her baby, but wound up being charged with felony child abuse, manufacture of methamphetamine and felony obstruction of justice.

Her arrested comes after six other people were arrested Thursday when deputies raided a home near the Hoke/Cumberland County line.

Deputies charged the boy's paternal grandmother, Michelle Lynn Tiller, 42, of 165 Watersplash Lane and Samuel Weatherford, 46, of the same address with four felony drug counts and one count each of child abuse.

Four other suspects were also arrested at the Raeford Inn Hotel next to the mobile home.

Sheriff Peterkin says Milligan had a hand in running the operation.

"We found that she was not only there doing some of the cooking, she was involved in the cooking and dealing with the some of the cooking, she was very much aware of the surroundings she was leaving the child in when she brought and left the child here," he said.

Peterkin said the child wasn't taken for medical treatment probably for fear of alerting authorities to the meth lab.

The baby is currently at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center being treated for second and third degree chemical burns on his arms and chest.

Hospital officials aren't releasing the child's condition, but the sheriff says the little boy is doing okay despite developing some medical complications believed to be caused by his exposure to toxic fumes.

Sheriff Peterkin says he's going to do whatever he can to keep the mother and any other family members from getting their hands on the child again.

"It's obvious this child is in the wrong place and probably even the wrong hands," he said. "I think there has got to be something better out there for him."

Bond was set for Milligan Monday at $125,000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Ashley Milligan 23 yr old mom of burned "meth lab" baby, arrested

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:04 am

KTLA News

ktla-meth-mom-arrested
RAEFORD, N.C. -- The young mother has been arrested after her 4-month-old son was found with burn injuries during a raid at a meth lab.

23-year-old Ashley Milligan has been charged with felony child abuse, manufacture methamphetamine and felony obstruction of justice.

Police say the boy was found when authorities raided a suspected meth lab inside the grandparent's home.

The boy sustained second and third degree chemical burns to his body.

Based on the child's injuries police say the baby had suffered for a while.

Police speculate the child wasn't taken for medical treatment for fear of exposing the lab.

The grandparents have also been charged.

Once the boy is treated at the hospital, he will be taken into protective custody.

The child's father is already in jail.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:36 pm

You cannot turn on the tv here without something about this case. Unreal how drugs have ruined more lives. This baby would never have a chance with a mom like that. He si so lucky to be alive.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:46 pm

shocked3 I agree with the sheriff. That child needs to be kept as far away from her Parents as possible. The statement about taking the baby away from his whole family is a bit strong. What if one of his family who is respected and drug free would want him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

From the link on critter post. This is called the faces of meth. Before and after. It is shocking the transformation in as short as 6 months.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/kswb-pg-faces-of-meth,0,2314606.photogallery

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I saw the faces at the site, but was unable to bring the link here. Horrible isn't it, what Meth has done to the family dynamic of a user and abuser.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:44 pm

That poor baby wasn't taken to the Dr for those burns because those people were afraid of LE can you imagine the pain he went thru'? I agree too, that family should NOT get that child back unless as LM says there happens to be a drug free relative that has a safe home where the child can be be raised by a decent person.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Charm, it would be a sad state of affairs if this family is like the Cummings family, there would not be one person in that family that I would leave my son/daughter with. If no good family member, adopt him into a loving home that has totally checked out as a safe, happy place to live.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Normal Two sides to a story... Don't judge a book by the cover (story)...

Post by aerogirl777 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm so happy justice is served. She's finally coming home on the 8th of April. All charges were dropped except the one for child endangerment, because she left Aiden in an unsafe environment. Which by the way, she thought was safe apparently, they were Aiden's grandparents. As a single parent, I know how it feels to be obligated to do things your unsure of. My child stays with me, his father, or his grandparents. No one else is even allowed to watch my child. But once, my son had a fever and could not attend daycare; it was either I stay and get fired, or ask someone I was unsure of because his grands were unavailable, just to keep my job. I had to leave him and worried my heart out the entire time. I ended up talking my way home within an hour or two at work; when I got home, everything was fine! Unfortunately, Ashley's experience was hardly similar. We see the condition she was shocked to find her son in. Do you really think she would purposely let or want this to happen? To be honest, anyone here can think what ever they like. But do promise to steer clear of ignorance and remember there are always two sides of the story. The news always is so quick to say, "HEY Look at this F***ED up S***!" but unlike a newspaper, they do not retract their mistakes. We see now, although a year later, all charges but one were dropped, in which she has now "time-served". In fact, they even went on and on about the burns and people are even saying she almost killed him. Aiden barely suffers a scar; Just check the photo down below, I'm not saying this justifies anything, I'm just expressing how the news dramatizes everything... Anyway, thankfully truth will set her free. This is a tiny step toward her future, and we hope that people can try to see the positive. I'm so happy things are looking up for her, as before this all happened she was pregnant, going to college. A few weeks before Aiden was born, that sh*tty *ss baby daddy of hers calls her from jail (cause she is doing well, in her own place, brand new car, working on herself and her future), saying that he is arrested for domestic violence against his current at the time girlfriend. She was so vulnerable to this manipulative butt-head and because before she ever got pregnant they were together for quite a while, everything was fine, and when he found out about the bun in the oven, he dipped out! But she hadn't really stopped loving him. She welcomed him home (HER HOME) and was happy. Her brother and I were so "hatin". Even when she was in labor we were like, "Wtf, what's he doing here. Baby's bout to come, Ashley's doing great, and he wants to come bum and sponge off her!?" But, during this time, Ashley needed our love and support, not a lecture! She tried to make it work for her son, thought it was better for him to have a father. Like many of us dumb women, she thought she could change and train him into the man he should be probably. Anyway, he ended up going to jail for something else and she was then left with no daycare and needed to work. Baby Daddy's mother lived in NC (we're in SC) and offered to watch him for a few days, plus she hadn't seen him since he was born and really wanted to spend time with him... Granted, I think I would have known that is may not have been a safe environment, had it been me. I can only imagine what it looked like and/or smelled like. And I see where this was a really dumb, dumb decision. Obviously. But it was a mistake, she had car payments, rent, electricity bills etc. she had to pay, or else be homeless. What was she to do in her time of desperation? I had no idea she was that in need of a baby sitter. I'd have been there. But I guess it sounded like a good idea -- get a babysitter and he gets to visit with the grands. Maybe she didn't know what was going on until she got there. WHO KNOWS?! No one on this post, or the other posts and threads about this issue knows the certain truth. God is the only one who knows the full truth. AND, If you DO believe in God, you certainly have no right to judge one on anything, as you are unaware of the untold truths. I know I just got on here and simply rambled and rambled. But hopefully some of you have a better idea of what really did happen, and maybe even understand a little bit. Quit letting such hatred shine through your soul, to wish death upon her or call her names etc. She loves her son dearly and do you think she is proud of all this?! You think she was happy to sit in jail with people trying to beat her a** thinking she's some child abusing meth head, when really it was one dumb mistake. Just imagine how empty, alone, and hurt you would feel to have your world turned upside down in just a few short months.

I know this is an abrupt ending to my novel, but I gotta go. I hope this gives everyone a better idea of things.

This was April, just two months after the incident:

This was at his first Birthday party:

This is more current:

aerogirl777

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 am

aerogirl777, Welcome to VH!

From your above post, I just want to be clear that you stated she took back Aiden's father after he got out of jail for DV on another woman. Then, you said she had no one to watch Aiden so she left the baby w/the father's parents. My question is: Did your friend KNOW the grandparent's were mfg meth? It states above that she was well aware of it. And yes, I agree the media can blow things out of proportion but is it true that she did not take Aiden to the doctor immediately? And, if she needed a sitter so badly, why didn't she ask you? You stated you would have watched her. I know this girl is your friend and of course, you want to be supportive. And, I also know we women can make horrible judgements when it comes to men. Been there, done that.

Where is the father now? Has your friend moved on? I must say, Aiden looks good... adorable by the way.

Thanks for coming here and posting. I just hope she has moved on from the father and his parents and anyone connected to meth/drugs in general.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by aerogirl777 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Wrapitup wrote:aerogirl777, Welcome to VH!

From your above post, I just want to be clear that you stated she took back Aiden's father after he got out of jail for DV on another woman. Then, you said she had no one to watch Aiden so she left the baby w/the father's parents. My question is: Did your friend KNOW the grandparent's were mfg meth? It states above that she was well aware of it. And yes, I agree the media can blow things out of proportion but is it true that she did not take Aiden to the doctor immediately? And, if she needed a sitter so badly, why didn't she ask you? You stated you would have watched her. I know this girl is your friend and of course, you want to be supportive. And, I also know we women can make horrible judgements when it comes to men. Been there, done that.

Where is the father now? Has your friend moved on? I must say, Aiden looks good... adorable by the way.

Thanks for coming here and posting. I just hope she has moved on from the father and his parents and anyone connected to meth/drugs in general.

Okay... First off, my name is Bridgett Milligan, I am her blood cousin, and have known her my entire 23 years of living. Of course, had she been just an associate, or friend, I wouldn't have been so sure of her alleged "addiction". However, being as I spent an abundant amount of time with this individual, it would have only been obvious had she been using and abusing such a drug. No I do not "know" if she knew or not, only God knows. But I believe what she says, as she is my blood, and with my unconditional love for her, there would be no reason or motive to lie about anything. We are that close -- she could have confided such information to me, and it would have been sacred between her and I. However, that is not the case. In fact, at Aiden's birth, I met the grandparents. Sure they seemed a little, weird... but at first impression, I couldn't have guessed or ever imagined the truth behind it all. You're right, she didn't take him to a doctor or hospital immediately. The news failed to inform their audience that Ashley was unaware of any injury to her child until police even became involved. She had to hear about her child's injuries from law enforcement. Sure they say, "she was well aware"... But where is there proof? The proof is in the outcome. She is out, and free, and home. We are all super duper ecstatic and happy that she can begin her life anew. Hopefully, she will return to college, and not let all of this hold her back from returning to her endeavors. It may just be that Ashley was truly unaware of the grandparents' condition, as she does live an entire state away and had only really met the grands a handful of times; and in that case she felt no need to ask me or anyone else. Just think about it... you and your boyfriend have a child; you and him are unable to watch the child, so you ask your mom and she says she can't because of blah blah blah, so you ask his mom in another state who exclaims she'd be more than happy to have her new grand-baby for a week. Your thinking, "great!" Then you drive all that way, and the place is kind of dumpy... well being in the predicament (living ghetto or in poverty) before, she didn't judge that book by it's cover, and it may have been necessary for this particular instance. A little naive, but that's always how it's been. She got the book smarts, not the street smarts. Ashley was always the goody good! I doubt before this all happened, she couldn't even tell you how meth was even used. Could have been a pill, or something you shoot up, etc. She probably had no clue! Of course in the younger years (before parent hood) I know we had a bit of fun with drinking and what not, but all of our age group had dabbled into the party lifestyle a little! In no way were we ever into any sort of drugs. Anyway. She is doing well now, I just spoke with her briefly today as she just arrived here today. I am so happy to be reunited with her, and I just wish people stop passing judgement so quickly and easily. You never know anything, unless you're a fly on the wall and you see it yourself! Which goes the same for me. Although I take up for her with all I've got, even I don't actually "know" for sure anything. Only God does, therefore, we should let him be the judge.

Have a good day now, ya hear!? :)

aerogirl777

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 am

Aiden looks good. Thanks for sharing pictures with us. I myself as a Mother missed many days of work, lost some jobs along the way all because there was no one I could trust to watch my children other than my own Mother. Who could not always watch them when I needed her to. So I did lose out on some things just to play it safe with my kids. Now that I am raising Grand Daughters I can say again. I trust no one to take care of them the way I do. I am sure your cousin learned some thing from this. Be careful who you trust with your children. What you have to do is not as important as the welfare of your children.

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Well now that she's home and has her child (right?), she can start over. She's been given a second chance and hopefully she'll prove everyone wrong that's against her. Usually a good indicator of future behavior is past behavior BUT not all the time, I hope she and her child have a happy, healthy and dramaless filled life, the balls in her court now.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by aerogirl777 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Just sharing new photos! Glad to see him home! :)
Maybe now that he is home, that is proof that she isn't what the news and media drew her out to be. You know they most certainly would not have allowed her to be near the child had she been a danger! I love Ashley and Aiden, and I'm so happy they can now live their lives like they intended to before all of this. I'm sure she has learned her lesson. It's too bad that you cannot even trust the grandparents these days. :(

aerogirl777

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm

He looks good! Thanks for the pics!

Speaking personally, I am a grandmother as many of us are here and I KNOW Most grandparents CAN be trusted, but not all. I do wonder if she had any idea at all that something was amiss with these grandparents prior to her leaving Aiden w/them. She probably Did but dismissed the red flags because they are grandparents.

I hope she has learned her lesson. She looks happy!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum