Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

Post by InnerMomentas on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I would of course feel bad for them, but I would also equally feel bad for all the other parties involved. They matter too because everyone is suffering one way or the other.

InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

Post by raine1953 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 pm

With all due respect, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
One thing that makes VH a great place is that we all agree to disagree.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

InnerMomentas, I encourage you to read the Leah Freeman thread. Her daughter, age 15, was brutally murdered by her boyfriend and it took over 11 years for him to finally get a manslaughter conviction.

The point that I believe that Raine is trying to make is..we have members here who have lost their children at the hands of another..murder. Cory, who is a member here, is Leah Freeman's mother. She has been through hell and back. We have other members here who lost their young children due to murder. As far as I know, none of the murderer's got the DP. But what I believe Raine is saying is that she supports the DP ~ especially when innocent children (and ALL children are innocent) are murdered.

Some here do NOT support the DP and we all have a right to our opinions.

What does Bob Dylan say? Something about I wish just for one time you could walk inside my shoes.

My point is: Unless and until we have walked in another person's shoes, we have NO Idea how they feel, we have NO idea what we would do, say or feel.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm

With all due respect, we are all entitled to our own opinions. One thing that makes VH a great place is that we all agree to disagree..
I agree Raine. Lets just move on. The death penalty is real sensitive topic with me.

InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I will check that out Wrapitup. Thankyou for sharing. My heart does go out to that family. You're right. It's difficult to know how we would feel in such a situation.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:54 am

The best place for me... is not involving myself in this conversation! duct and run

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 am

The best place for me... is not involving myself in this conversation!
We are playing Tom & Jerry isn't that right Raine?
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 am

I get it... Cat and Mouse... Funny !!!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:04 am

off topic
May I just add that it was nice to read differing opinions here for a change. Agreeing to disagree in an OPEN Thread was a nice change of pace. No deleting no moving the conversation to private messaging. Thank You for granting me the freedom to read your freedom to have different points of view !
signed
the nite shift

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 am

Thank You for granting me the freedom to read your freedom to have different point of view !
:thanks: NiteSpinR

I'm pretty sure that if someone killed a loved one of mine, my first reaction would most likely be to put them to death. But having put all passion put aside, I would desire to find out why they killed them, and reach out to make sure they receieve the help they needs. I wouldn't want them to kill agian. Thoughts of retribution would be followed by compassion. I've allowed myself to get emotionally involved in the immediate conversation over the dealth penalty. Had I maintained some control, I would have said this from the beginning.

Last edited by InnerMomentas on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical corrections. I woke up early this morning to post this and so I really wasn't totally awake.)
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 pm

rocking smile I am happy to see everyone getting along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Deputy District Attorney Claire Van Vuren told reporters she is still waiting on the autopsy report. She declined to elaborate.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/11/teen-patricia-lopez-accused-of-using-scissors-to-murder-her-newb/
Have we missed the Autopsy report? There sure is not much news coverage going on with this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm

LM, you didn't see the date on that article,
Feb 11, 2011 – 6:10 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Yes I did so U am wondering if we missed something. That is the latest news? Geez I can not even find a picture of Patricia any where.

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I was thinking there's no photo because she was a minor when she butchered the baby. She is now of legal age so I would think there is one in existence. I'll help look for any info on the autopsy results and a photo.
Maybe InnerMomentas can help too, she does know this case well.
Sorry, didn't realize you knew the date of the article, my mistake!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 pm

LM, this one if from March 2011 and I think we have it up thread.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:14 pm

InnerMomentas wrote:September 27, 2011 12:00 AM
STOCKTON - A county medical examiner established that "Baby Girl Lopez," as he named her, was not only born full term, she also was delivered alive.

The product of a hidden pregnancy, her life lasted only minutes.

Her mother, 18-year-old Patricia Lopez, a studious girl who dreamed of becoming a doctor, is accused of killing the newborn soon after giving birth in the bathroom of her family's Holt mobile home in February.

She allegedly buried the remains in the backyard while everyone else in the family slept.

"There was overwhelming evidence that this baby was born alive," San Joaquin County Chief Medical Examiner Bennet Omalu said during a preliminary hearing Monday. Autopsy reports indicate that the baby had blood preasure and breathed air for a period before expiring.

Lopez, then a 17-year-old student at West High School in Tracy, apparently concealed the pregnancy from her parents until she was treated at a clinic for complications related to the childbirth.

Lopez originally told investigators that her daughter was born dead, but she later admitted that she was alive, Detective Linda Jimenez, of the Stockton Police Department's Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit, said at the hearing.

Lopez told police she stabbed the baby with a pair of scissors, then took a shower and combed her hair while the baby was dying, Jimenez said. Lopez told police she returned to the bathroom to clean up and bury the body, Jimenez said.

Omalu said the newborn, identified in court papers as Baby Jane Doe, was stabbed 10 times in the chest and sustained three deep wounds to her neck.

Lopez's mother, Maria De Los Angeles Lopez, waited outside the courtroom as her daughter's fate was discussed. De Los Angeles Lopez said she never suspected her daughter was pregnant.

De Los Angeles Lopez said her daughter is sweet and quiet. She worked to please her father, who was proud of her academic record.

Lopez was college-bound and always seemed to be studying.

"She didn't give us trouble. She hardly ever went out," De Los Angeles Lopez said in Spanish. "We didn't even know she had a boyfriend."

De Los Angeles Lopez, her eyelids swollen from crying, held a card-size religious image and prayed in the courthouse hallway.

Lopez was charged as an adult, facing a possible sentence of 26 years to life if convicted of first-degree murder. A judge is expected to decide today whether the case moves on to trial.

BBM -LM, here's what I found during an internet search but InnerMomentas was on top of it and had already posted it.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 pm

So that was the result of the autopsy. I guess I thought there might be more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm

lindamarie wrote: rocking smile I am happy to see everyone getting along.
Ditto! :cheering:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Slain baby's father appeals for remains

STOCKTON - Unseen until now, the father of a baby girl allegedly murdered and buried by her teenage mother two months ago in Holt has asked a judge to give him the remains for a proper burial.

The judge on Wednesday granted the wish by Maxiliano Navarro, 18, unless a higher court agrees to intervene by noon Tuesday. The judge's order didn't come without fervent arguments from the attorney for 18-year-old Patricia Lopez.

San Joaquin County Chief Deputy Public Defender Miriam Lyell said that turning over the baby's remains - essentially destroying evidence - would violate her client's constitutional rights to a fair trial.

Lyell seeks to have a second autopsy performed to determine how many weeks along Lopez was in her pregnancy, if the baby was viable or had been miscarried rather than intentionally killed.

They can't do that if Navarro buries the baby, Lyell said.

"Ms. Lopez has the right to due process," Lyell said. "She has a right to an independent analysis of the fetal remains."

Officials have said that Lopez concealed the pregnancy from her parents and gave birth in the bathroom of her family's mobile home. She killed the baby with scissors and buried its remains in a shallow grave, officials have said.

Age 17 at the time, prosecutors charged her as an adult with first-degree murder, which makes her eligible for a prison sentence of 26 years to life if convicted.

Prosecutors drew criticism for filing what appeared to be heavy handed charges.

Arguments over control of the infant, identified in court as Baby Jane Doe, brought into public new details of the alleged murder.

Preliminary autopsy reports indicate that the baby was stabbed 10 times in the chest and sustained a large neck wound, San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Claire Van Vuren said.

The baby was born alive, according to Lopez's own statement to a San Joaquin County Sheriff's detective. Information taken from Lopez's laptop shows that the teen knew she was pregnant in August, Van Vuren said.

The baby had grown full fingernails and a full head of hair, indicating that it was well over 24 weeks along, Van Vuren said, adding later that for legal purposes a baby is viable after 20 weeks.

Van Vuren said these findings made Lyell's request for a second autopsy moot.

"I think this is a fishing expedition," Van Vuren said.

Questioned by San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge William Johnson, Lyell admitted that she knew of no other cases locally where the defense had a second autopsy performed.

But it's not the first try. In 2009, an attorney from Lyell's office representing Tracy's Melissa Huckaby sought an order to disinter the remains of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu for a second autopsy. He later retracted his request.

Van Vuren said that once San Joaquin County Chief Medical Examiner Bennet Omalu completes the autopsy results, Lyell will be given a copy for her experts to analyze and prepare a defense. That is standard practice for local murder cases, Van Vuren said.

Amid the flurry of legal discourse, Lopez sat quietly next to her attorney. She wore jail garb and shackles. Navarro also sat quietly listening but in the public seating area.

It remains unclear how long the two knew each other, or if he knew she was pregnant. A recent paternity test proved Navarro was the baby's father.

Navarro answered that he lives in Tracy but declined a request for comment outside the courtroom.

A day earlier in court, he stood to explain before a judge why he wanted to claim the remains. He searched for the right words.

"Yeah. I just want - I just want to, like, tell you that I want my baby so I can do the proper way, like, services," Navarro said.

He went on to explain that his father was recently diagnosed with cancer. He and his mother, Felicia Navarro, who came to court with him, want to focus on caring for his father as he undergoes chemotherapy treatments, he said.

"I want my baby as soon - as quick as possible," he said. "But, you know - for my dad."

Judge Johnson concluded Wednesday's hearing by giving Lopez's attorney until noon Tuesday to file and receive an answer from the state's 3rd District Court of Appeal.

Unless the higher court blocks his order, the baby's remains will be given to Navarro for burial, Johnson said.

Johnson then looked back to Navarro and apologized that he will have to wait a little longer.

"I know this upsets you," Johnson said.

"Yeah," Navarro replied. "It will be all right."

Patricia Lopez, left, sits with Public Defender Miriam Lyell in court Wednesday. Lopez is accused of stabbing her newborn girl 10 times and burying her in a shallow grave.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:07 pm

OMG!! She stabbed that poor baby 10 times??? This is pre-meditation and I feel absolutely NOT ONE SHRED OF PITY FOR HER!! Not One! It\\'s Not Fair angry

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Now you know why I'm so passionate about this story! It is very hard for me to read. Damn selfish chick!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:48 am

:no: crazy3 over reaction I agree omg Electric Chair

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:35 am

I am a 'he' by the way. You can get the entire saga here:
Pictures and all of this girl some of you want to see DPed. I'm assuming you would feel no sorrow for her if she were to be raped and murdered by another inmate. That's a real possibility considering the sensitivity of this case.

Since DP in this case is the popular oppinion around here, and in the case that this would be a DP case, how long would you have her serve before her execution is carried out? Most people serve for years before being put to death.

This is walking the fence line of my innerchild, but I'll meet you half way and accept your oppinion of DP in the case that you would permit her be pardoned of DP to life in prison if under the directive of trained councelors, she turns herself around and lectures other woman about the evils of what she is done and the options that can be taken which she did not take nor possibly considered. That's the closest I can come to compromise and it's been very difficult.

You want to know a big reason why I have compassion for her. It's Because I share similiar character flaws and I know that such flaws can lead to crossed signals causing us to react in ways that we never thought we would. Sometimes if gone unaddressed it can dominoe effect. I've lost several jobs because of an aggressive temper I have only recently been coming to terms with. My parents really implored me to seek anger management counseling before I really really do something to someone. These parents didn't even know what was going on with Patricia for the exception that she studied alot. So I think some of this passion you guys all share needs to be leveled agianst the parents too.

Now it's late. I'm going to bed. I've already shared to much already.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add link. I took some of the empty space out from the bottom of this post. ~Wrap~)
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am

Family supports teen mom

March 22, 2011 12:00 AM
STOCKTON - A teen charged with using scissors to murder her newborn baby last month pleaded not guilty in court Monday as her family sat nearby in a show of support.

Maria Lopez, 19, said her 18-year-old sister, Patricia Lopez, was a good student and respected her parents. She declined to answer questions about her sister's alleged crime, saying that she knew little about it.

She said her relatives regularly visit Lopez in jail and they always keep her in mind.

"We actually pray for her every day and hope for the best," Maria Lopez said following her sister's brief court hearing. "She was one of the best sisters I could have."

The family has three children, all girls, with the youngest being 7 years old. Half a dozen relatives observed Monday's court hearing.

Patricia Lopez was charged with first-degree murder after officials said she gave birth and killed her prematurely born baby girl on Feb. 7 in a bathroom of her family's mobile home.

Lopez had concealed the pregnancy from her parents, officials have said.

She is also accused of burying the baby in a shallow grave near her family's home in Holt, west of Stockton.

Officials unearthed the baby after Lopez went to an area hospital, where she was treated for complications related to childbirth.

In court, San Joaquin County Chief Deputy Public Defender Miriam Lyell entered the plea of not guilty on her client's behalf. The case was delayed until April 15 because the coroner's report has not been finished.

Lopez was 17 at the time of the alleged crime, but prosecutors have charged her as an adult. She faces a potential sentence of 26 years to life in state prison if convicted on the charges.

Lopez came to court wearing red clothes, which San Joaquin County jailers issue to high-security inmates.

San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Claire Van Vuren said that is because of the sensitive charges Lopez faces and the fact that she is involved in a case drawing a lot of public attention.

Inmates with notoriety often fall victim of attacks by other inmates, but Lopez has been housed by herself at the jail since her first day there, Van Vuren said.

"She was put into protective custody right away," she said. "They didn't want to take any chances."
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am

InnerMomentas wrote:
I am a 'he' by the way. My sincere apologies, I just assumed you were female because most members are. I shouldn't have assumed. You can get the entire saga here:
Pictures and all of this girl some of you want to see DPed. No, I don't think we're pushing for the DP here, personally I doubt that she'll get the DP here in CA because of her age. IF she would get the DP, she would sit on death row for so long that she'd probably have time to win a reduced sentence on appeal. MOO. I'm assuming you would feel no sorrow for her if she were to be raped and murdered by another inmate. That's a real possibility considering the sensitivity of this case. That probably is not going to happen, these types of cases are usually put into protective custody to make sure nothing happens to them because inmates hate this type of crime. You are correct, she would most likely be harmed if she was out in general population.

Since DP in this case is the popular oppinion around here, and in the case that this would be a DP case, how long would you have her serve before her execution is carried out? Most people serve for years before being put to death. Addressed above.

This is walking the fence line of my innerchild, but I'll meet you half way and accept your oppinion of DP in the case that you would permit her be pardoned of DP to life in prison if under the directive of trained councelors, she turns herself around and lectures other woman about the evils of what she is done and the options that can be taken which she did not take nor possibly considered. That's the closest I can come to compromise and it's been very difficult.

You want to know a big reason why I have compassion for her. It's Because I share similiar character flaws and I know that such flaws can lead to crossed signals causing us to react in ways that we never thought we would. Sometimes if gone unaddressed it can dominoe effect. I've lost several jobs because of an aggressive temper I have only recently been coming to terms with. My parents really implored me to seek anger management counseling before I really really do something to someone. Good for you, recognizing that you have an anger problem! I hope you do seek out counseling/anger management, it can only help you and open up new doors in your life! Good luck! These parents didn't even know what was going on with Patricia for the exception that she studied alot. So I think some of this passion you guys all share needs to be leveled agianst the parents too. I agree, where were the parents and why did they not notice that their precious child was not pregnant? Sometimes it can easily be hidden because the girl doesn't get very big but in this case, we don't know. Good point.

Now it's late. I'm going to bed. I've already shared to much already.
Thank you for sharing and feel free to anytime!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Honestly, I would rather be put to death than sit in prison for the rest of my life. Therefore, I don't always agree with the DP. Now, in Casey Anthony's case, Yes..she deserves to die. MOO.

Innermomentas, thank you for your candor. If she gets a life sentence, she CAN be a great source for talking to young women about what she did and how she should have taken the baby to a hospital or fire station which is legal. I do not think she w/get the DP..and I am glad her family is there for her but I do have to wonder, as Raine said, how they could not know she was pregnant. It's so easy to tell as even if she did not show that much in her stomach, the breasts get a lot bigger.

Your honesty is palpable and I am glad you have recognized your issues.

Thank you for your post. :heart:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 pm

For a Parent to not notice their own young daughter is pregnant tells me they did not pay much if any attention to her. One way a Mother can handle this discreetly is to buy the tampax and or napkins. If they are not being used there is a problem. In the second picture Patricia is in she looks like a child. I could not impose the death penalty on her. Life in prison and I hope she does make a difference in this world. Otherwise what is the point in being alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm

I agree I agree I agree

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I agree I agree I agree
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:41 pm

I think I understand where some are coming from here. What I can gather is that if this girl get's a life sentence, she can appeal for a lesser sentence through more liberal judges. Or something like that. I'm not sure if my terminology is correct there.

I must say though that in order for me to get in anywhere near to my wishes for this girl, I must consider what the public wants and then build my case from there. I can't charge forward thinking only of myself and hope to accomplish something. Of course what we all decide upon here is not going to change what will be unless someone here is on the jury for this case. Thankyou for all being patient with me.

Got to get to work.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 am

Honestly, I would rather be put to death than sit in prison for the rest of my life.
I guess if did nothing but sit on a cot for the rest of my life I would long to be executed. Giving someone the death sentence would be for them the easy way out especially if they profess somekind of religious belief. Though I don't think prisoners just sit in there cages and go mad with boredom. They keep them busy from what I've read. Though there are times when they are refined to their cells.

I guess I hold all life sacred. If any of us would have had the opertunity to save that babies life, we would have done anything to do so even if that meant using lethal force agianst Patricia. And after having done so we would have placed an urgent call to 911, and done what we could in the hopes that Patricia's life could be saved as well.

One life has already been lost because of one fearful girl who didn't know how to redirect her fears along another route. I'm glad this is not a DP case. Why make it two?
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 pm

People on death row are isolated from other prisoners so they are NOT kept busy.

As far as Patricia, I find it very, very odd that her parents did not realize she was pregnant. I think she was ignored. And, yes, the natural instinct is to feel empathy for her. But, to stab a living, breathing newborn not once, not twice, not three times, but TEN times smacks of premeditation and a Very Angry (if not outright insane) person. Maybe she will be deemed unfit to stand trial. Who knows?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:22 pm

But, to stab a living, breathing newborn not once, not twice, not three times, but TEN times smacks of premeditation and a Very Angry (if not outright insane) person.
I understand. That is not normally the reaction of fear and loneliness alone. I think her anger was very passive and dormant, but then ignited in a murderous rage. I see so much of myself in this case, but I would never harm a newborn child; or a child of any age. That is all hard for us to understand. I want to understand. We need to understand. It's the only way to stop it from happening agian. Patricia Lopez is no doubt a disturbing case file that must be solved in the interest of others.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I think it's virtually impossible to understand this. At least, for me anyway.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 pm

InnerMomentas said I see so much of myself in this case, but I would never harm a newborn child; or a child of any age.
Exactly how do you see your self in this case?

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

I appreciate the question LindaMarie. Let me think about that ok? I want my response to be clear headed and not clouded by emotion. In my experience, beginning to understand others begins with understanding ourselves and then finding the common denominators between myself and the person in question.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm

No problem I always want my posts to be thought out too. To often I type something and post it out of emotions. I understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 pm

InnerMomentas wrote:I appreciate the question LindaMarie. Let me think about that ok? I want my response to be clear headed and not clouded by emotion. In my experience, beginning to understand others begins with understanding ourselves and then finding the common denominators between myself and the person in question.
I hope this comes out right. Example: Casey Anthony. It was extremely easy to come to the conclusion that she killed Caylee. I didn't have to ponder on it nor did I feel that in order to understand myself I had to find a common denominator with her..or anyone that blatantly murders their child.

I know that understanding ourselves is a process. It can take some years or even a life time and some never conquer that completely. We all have our little quirks and things that make us unique; however, I do not EVER have to look at my life, thoughts, feelings or actions (or lack thereof) to see into the eyes of a killer.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

I do not EVER have to look at my life, thoughts, feelings or actions (or lack thereof) to see into the eyes of a killer.
I'm not going to try to understand someone who kills for the sheer joy of killing without any instinctive reason to do so. I think that focusing on what we 'all' have in common with Patrica is the best approach before discussing what I personally share in common with this girl.

Now you know why I'm so passionate about this story! It is very hard for me to read. Damn selfish chick!.
Yes, Patricia was selfish. No one can dispute that. And no one can dispute that if all of us were denied of our 'basic most instinctive needs' we would nogotiate and fight to win them back. Keeping a secret until the appointed time that we would. That's our protective insticts kicking in. And that's our common denominator with Patricia.

The difference here is that we would not have violated the basic most instictive needs of an innocent person (A newborn in this case) to protect our own. She killed that defenseless newborn baby.

I don't think her selfishness is what we need to be focusing on here because we can all relate, but our focus should rather be on her choosen method of application and why.

This brings up an interesting notion. Do you think that are character flaws are sinful or are they our unique signature; and therefore the sin lying in the misapplication of character? Let our passion be to think critically about this.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:12 pm

I think that focusing on what we 'all' have in common with Patrica is the best approach before discussing what I personally share in common with this girl. I have zero in common w/Patricia. I was raised where I could not show emotion or say what was on my mind..was basically ignored. Had a baby at 19 and Loved that baby..so NO, I share nothing in common with her and cannot relate to her in any way, shape or form.

Now you know why I'm so passionate about this story! It is very hard for me to read. Damn selfish chick!.

Yes, Patricia was selfish. No one can dispute that. And no one can dispute that if all of us were denied of our 'basic most instinctive needs' we would nogotiate and fight to win them back. Keeping a secret until the appointed time that we would. That's our protective insticts kicking in. And that's our common denominator with Patricia. Not mine. I think that is a case by case scenario. There are many ways to fight for your protective instincts or whatever but blatantly stabbing a newborn is not one of them. MOO. (My Opinion Only).

The difference here is that we would not have violated the basic most instictive needs of an innocent person (A newborn in this case) to protect our own. She killed that defenseless newborn baby.

I don't think her selfishness is what we need to be focusing on here because we can all relate, I can't..not one iota. but our focus should rather be on her choosen method of application and why. My focus is that she stabbed her newborn 10 times. Period.

This brings up an interesting notion. Do you think that are character flaws are sinful or are they our unique signature; and therefore the sin lying in the misapplication of character? Let our passion be to think critically about this.Charachter flaws Sinful? NO. Murder? Yes.
HUGE Difference between a character flaw than outright murder.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:48 am

To InnerMomentas

This Web Site was established with Crime Victims in mind. Not the concerns or welfare of the perpetrators who inflict harm and death on innocent persons. I feel confident saying that none of us feel sorry for someone who has it in them to commit murder. Yes we may waffle around with speculations about why certain crimes are committed, but that's only because we try hard to make sense of them. Rarely do we find the answers because our minds and hearts are not built that way.

You want us to consider what we have in common with Patricia. Your request is odd because no one here could do what she did to her helpless baby.
You want us to focus on her chosen method of murder which I assume you to mean why she used scissors during her vicious attack opposed to smothering or drowning the baby instead. I have absolutely no idea why she stabbed her child to death and feel that is only an answer that Patricia herself could provide you.

I might further add that I differ from others here as I am not a Christian. Don't believe in Heaven or Hell, sinners or non-sinners. I believe that we should all do our very best to live our lives without harming or inflicting the imperfections of our own lives onto the lives of others. I'm a firm believer in Karma!
I respect Life, I just don't feel that all Lives Have Value.

I respect your right to have opinions that are different than mine and our freedom to express them here.
Please don't stop posting... our diversities are what makes this an awesome place to belong!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 am

Very well put Nite, as usual. you rock
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 am

InnerMomentas wrote:
I do not EVER have to look at my life, thoughts, feelings or actions (or lack thereof) to see into the eyes of a killer.
I'm not going to try to understand someone who kills for the sheer joy of killing without any instinctive reason to do so. I think that focusing on what we 'all' have in common with Patrica is the best approach before discussing what I personally share in common with this girl.
I have zero in common with this girl and had zero in common with her at the same age. She gave birth, she chose to butcher her baby to death. I gave birth and I became a Mother. Zero in common.

I don't think her selfishness is what we need to be focusing on here because we can all relate, but our focus should rather be on her choosen method of application and why.
My focus is not on her selfishness because it does not matter to me and I cannot relate in any way and I don't even want to try. I don't care what her chosen method of application was, it was murder. If it walks like a duck.......
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 am

NiteSpinR wrote:To InnerMomentas

This Web Site was established with Crime Victims in mind. Not the concerns or welfare of the perpetrators who inflict harm and death on innocent persons. I feel confident saying that none of us feel sorry for someone who has it in them to commit murder. Yes we may waffle around with speculations about why certain crimes are committed, but that's only because we try hard to make sense of them. Rarely do we find the answers because our minds and hearts are not built that way.

You want us to consider what we have in common with Patricia. Your request is odd because no one here could do what she did to her helpless baby.
You want us to focus on her chosen method of murder which I assume you to mean why she used scissors during her vicious attack opposed to smothering or drowning the baby instead. I have absolutely no idea why she stabbed her child to death and feel that is only an answer that Patricia herself could provide you.

I might further add that I differ from others here as I am not a Christian. Don't believe in Heaven or Hell, sinners or non-sinners. I believe that we should all do our very best to live our lives without harming or inflicting the imperfections of our own lives onto the lives of others. I'm a firm believer in Karma!

I respect your right to have opinions that are different than mine and our freedom to express them here.
Please don't stop posting... our diversities are what makes this an awesome place to belong!

IMHO you nailed it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:02 am

Have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I am the mother of 2 premies. My sons were born at 25 and 29 week gestation,weighing 2lbs 2oz and 2lbs 10oz. I watched those babies fight for everysingle breath for months. They are now 19 and 13 yrs old happy healthy guys. I could not imagine ever doing anything to hurt them.

My thought on this girls actions is it was over kill. Seems to me like she was trying to punish that baby for existing. Being a scared teenager and killing the baby is one thing but stabbing it 10 times is rage in my eyes and she needs to be severely punished. I dont think she will get the DP or life either one. I do think she needs mental counciling. I think she was a very angry girl.

The boy in my avitar picture is Brad my 2lb 10 oz miracle!!
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by InnerMomentas on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am

I was raised where I could not show emotion or say what was on my mind..was basically ignored
Same here because I never shared my parents Christian beliefs in there entirety. That is U and I's common denominator with Patricia, for you said so yourself that she was probably ignored by her parents. And right now I kind of feel like that here.
Had a baby at 19 and Loved that baby
I'm glad that you did. That is the difference.

My focus is that she stabbed her newborn 10 times. Period
That doesn't answer the question as too why. Besides if she stabbed her baby once and it died, would not have felt the same way about her? I appreciate 'Slys Hunny' thoughts on this.

Charachter flaws Sinful? NO. Murder? Yes.
HUGE Difference between a character flaw than outright murder.
Murder would be a misapplication of a flawed character; her unique signature.

Yes we may waffle around with speculations about why certain crimes are committed, but that's only because we try hard to make sense of them. Rarely do we find the answers because our minds and hearts are not built that way.
That's what I'm trying to do here. I feel that reforming an individual so that they can testify agianst themselves to others is the greater justice for the victim. I thought I already made that clear.

I have absolutely no idea why she stabbed her child to death and feel that is only an answer that Patricia herself could provide you.
Patricia may very well be clueless as to why she did what she did. That's usually the result of rage after the fact. That's why I want to help in anyway that I can. If that's wrong then I am guilty of association.

Who determines that value? Society? Society changes it's views all the time. Abortion, gay marriage, taking God out of our public schools, governments, and businesses. What else is in store?

Being a scared teenager and killing the baby is one thing but stabbing it 10 times is rage in my eyes and she needs to be severely punished.

I appreciate your thoughts and I am nearing to agreeing with you. Though I think the punishment should aim to bring about restoration rather than simply enforcing the system. Otherwise crime will continue unabated.
InnerMomentas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 am

OK. First of all, I take issue with this:
I was raised where I could not show emotion or say what was on my mind..was basically ignored
Same here because I never shared my parents Christian beliefs in there entirety. That is U and I's common denominator with Patricia, for you said so yourself that she was probably ignored by her parents. And right now I kind of feel like that here.
I said that she was PROBABLY ignored by her parents ONLY because they did not notice her pregnancy. I have no idea what her family dynamics were.

This site, as NiteSpinner said so brilliantly, is about the Victim's. Thus, VICTIM'S Heartland. It's not called "Homicide Heartland". We are advocates for the Victim's, and in this particular thread, the Victim is that tiny little life that was snuffed out by her "mother".

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 am

What Wrap said. good post Wrap.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 pm

I do agree with you Wrap on the premis that this is VICTIMS heartland,But in some instances I do feel for the perpetrator to a point. This case would have been one of those times except I cant get past the STABBED 10 TIMES....I do feel that its a sad situation that a 17 yr old killed her baby and had she smothered the baby I would probley feel more sympathy thinking she was a scared teen. I remember being that 15 yr old teen scared to death to death to tell my mother I was pregnant. I also remember being that 15 yr old that lost every bit of respect for my brother whos wife was pregnant with his first child telling me Id be better off having an abortion. That thought never entered my mind. Adoption yes abortion no!!!
As for the fit of inner momentas at VH I personally like the fact that a difference of opinion is welcome here (Lord knows Ive not agreed with everyone) but i dont like the nobody cares what I think attitude. I for one have read all of his posts and partially agreed and disagreed with his sentiments but this isnt a place for an ego boost(although I do get one frequently...I feel loved!!!) I do think a forum against the DP would be a better fit, but if he decides to stay I may have to start arguing my point of view alot more! LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!! Sometimes peace comes by perging the bad!!!
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

As for the fit of inner momentas at VH I personally like the fact that a difference of opinion is welcome here (Lord knows Ive not agreed with everyone) but i dont like the nobody cares what I think attitude. I for one have read all of his posts and partially agreed and disagreed with his sentiments but this isnt a place for an ego boost(although I do get one frequently...I feel loved!!!) I do think a forum against the DP would be a better fit, but if he decides to stay I may have to start arguing my point of view alot more! LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!! Sometimes peace comes by perging the bad!!!
BBM
Could not agree more.

Innermomentus is taking a break from VH for awhile.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum