Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

+14
raine1953
Boston_Lady
Praying For Faith
charminglane
HippieChick
ctee1
cherylz
jeanne1807
Nama
Gigi cares
janie
Wrapitup
lisette
artgal16
18 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors said they are not going to use three high-profile pieces of evidence against Casey Anthony when she goes to trial in May for the murder of her daughter Caylee, according to a document (read it) obtained by WFTV on Monday

State prosecutors wrote that they are not going to use the jail video of Casey when she found out that Caylee Anthony's remains had been found near their house.

Prosecutors also said they are not going to use Casey's statements to investigators after her arrest for the murder of her daughter Caylee. In the statement, Casey said that investigators would not trick her into a confession.

Lastly, prosecutors said they are not going to use Casey's statements to her jail pen pal, Maya Derkovic, who told WFTV that Casey talked about giving Caylee chloroform to knock her out.

WFTV CORRECTS JOSE BAEZ COMPLAINT STORY

CORRECTION: A spokesperson from the Florida Bar Association says a grievance filed against attorney Jose Baez does not concern misrepresenting facts to the judge in the case against Casey Anthony. Channel 9 had reported the case did concern misrepresentig facts to the judge. The spokesperson said the grievance against Baez dealt with “ethics or misrepresentation.” The spokesperson also confirmed Baez had been informed of the complaint filed against him. The Bar refused to say who had filed the complaint.
For the second time, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, is being accused of lying in court to a judge. This time, however, it's dealing with the tax money paying for Casey's defense.

The owner of a Tennessee court reporting service said Baez and his co-counsel, Cheney Mason, lied to Chief Judge Belvin Perry, saying that he raised his rates on them after the fact. He wrote a letter to the judge and included email exchanges to prove his point.

The defense team's failure to cut a deal in writing for court transcripts cost taxpayers $800 more than it should have, on top of the tens of thousands taxpayers have already paid for Casey's defense, after her lawyers blew through almost $300,000.

Three months ago, Mason told Judge Perry that a Tennessee court reporting service backed out of its original deal and raised its rates for transcripts of defense depositions taken there.

"They said they would do it based on the indigencey rates, but when it got down to their doing it they said, 'Hold it, wait a minute, this, this will be too long, uh, it's gonna cost too much,'" Mason said in court.

The owner of the Knoxville-based court reporting service said that's just not true. Gerald Stogsdill wrote a letter to Judge Perry, saying, "At least one of the attorneys and/or staff involved in this matter has made false statements to the court."

The attached emails between him, Mason's and Baez's office show no agreement to a specific rate. Stogsdill said he never would have agreed to the discounted rate Florida pays for indigent defendants.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Mason's office was sloppy and Mason's explanation to the court was inadequate at best.

"In a case like, this it's even more important to measure your words," Sheaffer told WFTV.

CASEY'S DEFENSE ADDS MORE WITNESSES

Casey's defense team added more people to its list of witnesses Tuesday. They include two prison inmates.

Both Robin Adams and Maya Derkovic were Casey's jailhouse friends. Also on the list are Texas EquuSearch volunteers, and WFTV's Kathi Belich, though Casey's lawyers haven't said why she is on the list.

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Hearing set for March 2 and 3 at 1:30 pm Eastern
to hear several motions.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty Re: The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011

Post by lisette Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm

They have a busy two days. The motions that they will address are:

1. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements (to Law Enforcement Officers) & Amended Motion to Suppress Statements
Prosecutors say that they will not be using statements made to LE after her arrest on Oct. 14, 2008. Not sure about other statements that she made.

2.Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements made to George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony, Maya Derkovic, Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez.
Prosecutors say that they're not going to be using statements made to Maya Derkovic. I presume that they will argue at the hearing about using the others.

3. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Video Footage (Jail Video of KC's reaction to finding of remains)
Prosecutors say that they will not use video or descriptions of it in their case.

4. State of Florida's Motions in Limine
Not sure what this is...I couldn't find it anywhere.

I found the motion. The State is asking that the defense not be allowed to "put on trial" members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, State Attorney's Office, or other government office...In effect, accusing them of "leaking" information, having inappropriate contact with media, etc. Purpose of motion is to prevent..." any party from commenting on matters that are improper impeachment, irrelevant, or unduly prejudicial, or that constitute improper character or reputation evidence."
In other words, the motion is to prevent the defense from assassinating the character of others to distract the jury from the facts of the case...

Motion can be found at:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5. SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Supplemental Witness List (because it was past deadline and did not state good cause for delay)

6.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Chloroform)
Jeff Ashton says that Bozo's Motion should not be heard at the Frye hearings set for March 23-25 because it did not meet the criteria...

7.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Plant or Root Growth)
JA wants to strike for same reason as in #6.

8. SA's Motion for Rule to Show Cause
JA wants Bozo to show cause that he should not be held in contempt for failing to comply with court order on what he is going to specifically object to at the Frye hearings. Supposed to have submitted it by Feb. 17, but didn't.

The motion about the K-9 alerts that was going to be heard this week has been rescheduled for Mar. 23-25...
So...quite a busy 2 days this week! With SA saying that they don't plan to use some of this stuff, that should make those motions moot..

I got the list of motions from the document that was filed by the SA today:

Last edited by lisette on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 pm

List of witnesses that the State may call for the hearings this week:
Yuri Melich, John Allen, Appling Wells, Leonard Turtora, Ryan Eberlin, Reginald Hosey, Rendon Fletcher, Adriana Acevedo (all LE, I think), George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony, Robyn Adams, Sylvia Hernandez

This should be quite interesting...I'm supposed to keep my grandson Wed. and Thurs...Might have to give him some Benadryl at 1:30...I hope you know I'm just kidding

Source of witness list:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Now why arent they going to use the statements that she made to law enforcement - I thought she was charged with lying to the police? How are they reconciling this?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Don't know, Artgal...These are the exhibits listed under that motion:
Defendant's hand-written statement
Transcript & audio of defendant's statement to Yuri Melich
Transcript & audio of defendant's statement to Yuri Melich & John Allen
Photographs of Universal Studios

Sounds like they are going to use the Universal Studios statements...

List of exhibits from
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

I just noticed that the Notice of Hearings states that the hearings on Mar. 2-3 will begin at 9:00 a.m. I remember JP saying last week that he would have to leave Wed. at 3:30, but don't know how long it will last on Thurs. Long days... There is also a status hearing scheduled at 1:30 on Friday, but I'm wondering if they'll try to get that business in before they leave on Thurs. I guess it depends on time...

Notice of Hearings
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I believe Casey must attend these two hearings. The last time I saw was 1:30 eastern
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Great job lisette and artgal. I really like you started the March thread. Thank you ladies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Artgal, in the Notice of Hearings document filed by LDB, it states:

YOU WILL PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the State of Florida, by and through the undersigned Assistant State Attorney, will call up for hearing before the Honorable Belvin Perry...on the 2nd day of March, 2011 and on the 3rd day of March, 2011 at 9:00 am...

And KC does have to attend since they are arguing motions...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Nooooo! thats 6am pacific = how will I ever get up!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

artgal16 wrote:Nooooo! thats 6am pacific = how will I ever get up!
LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Attorneys for WFTV-Channel 9 have filed a motion to block reporter Kathi Belich from being called as a witness by Casey Anthony's defense team.

Belich, who regularly covers the case, has been listed by the defense as a witness for two separate matters. But WFTV attorneys say compelling Belich to provide information "would violate the constitutional, statutory and common law reporter's privilege," according to the motion.

"Under Florida's reporter's privilege statute, Ms. Belich has a qualified privilege not to be a witness concerning, and not to disclose, information she obtained while actively gathering news in the normal scope of her employment," unless the defense proves the information is relevant to unresolved issues, cannot be obtained elsewhere and a compelling interest exists for disclosing the information, according to the filing.

The motion, filed by media attorneys Rachel Fugate and Gregg D. Thomas, says the defense has not "made the requisite showing to defeat application of the privilege."

WFTV, the motion states, is also "concerned that an attempt may be made to exclude Ms. Belich from the courtroom pursuant to the rule authorizing sequestration of witnesses."

The motion asks Belich's name to be "stricken from the witness list." The attorneys said they tried to deal directly with Casey Anthony's legal team, but they have been unable to resolve the issue.

Meanwhile, the Orange County Attorney's Office has filed a motion to quash subpoenas served by Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez on six officials with the Orange County Corrections Department. They were called for an upcoming hearing scheduled to start Wednesday and run through Thursday.

The motion says three employees have already been deposed in the case and requiring them to wait to testify would be "unduly burdensome."

The other three employees have not been called as witnesses already and lack any connection to the case, the motion says. If the subpoenas are not quashed the county is asking for the court to enter a "protective order" with a specific date and time for the county employees to "minimize the undue burden placed upon the employee."

Earlier today, prosecutors say they will not be using statements Casey Anthony gave law enforcement after her October 2008 arrest during the trial scheduled to start in May, according to new documents filed in court.

They also do not intend to use video of her reaction in jail when the remains of her daughter Caylee Marie were found in December 2008, according to the prosecution's filing.

The revelations came in a witness list and evidence schedule filed for upcoming hearings scheduled to start Wednesday. The statements to law enforcement came after Casey Anthony's arrest on Oct. 14, 2008.

The prosecution also announced it will not be using statements Casey Anthony gave to fellow county jail inmate Maya Derkovic "during its case-in-chief."

However, the prosecution did list as exhibits a handwritten statement Casey Anthony wrote, a transcript and audio of her statements to detectives Yuri Melich and John Allen and photos of Universal Studios.

Those exhibits will be used as part of the state's response to Casey Anthony's defense team's efforts to keep statements she gave law enforcement out of her upcoming trial.

And while the state won't be using Casey Anthony's statements to Derkovic, it will be calling witnesses like George Anthony, Cindy Anthony and Lee Anthony. They'll be called to address defense motions to suppress other statements made by Casey Anthony.

They'll also use exhibits like jail visitation DVDs and transcripts of statements given by inmate Robyn Adams, who Anthony befriend while both were housed at the Orange County Jail. In addition, they will use as exhibits statements from George Anthony and phone calls Casey Anthony made from the jail.

The number of significant issues are set for hearing on Wednesday and Thursday, probably the most important include the efforts by the defense to suppress certain statements Casey Anthony made to law enforcement and while at the jail.

The evidence at issue would be used in the first-degree murder case against Casey Anthony, 24, who is charged in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Anthony's trial is set to start in May.

source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Bill Shaeffer's take on the prosecution holding back at trial on some of the info. Interesting.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 am

Not sure what this is...I couldn't find it anywhere.

I found that motion. The State is asking that the defense not be allowed to "put on trial" members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, State Attorney's Office, or other government office...In effect, accusing them of "leaking" information, having inappropriate contact with media, etc. Purpose of motion is to prevent..." any party from commenting on matters that are improper impeachment, irrelevant, or unduly prejudicial, or that constitute improper character or reputation evidence."
In other words, the motion is to prevent the defense from assassinating the character of others to distract the jury from the facts of the case...

Motion can be found at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

Now, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Shades of the OJ trial with that motion. Thanks for looking so hard, Lisette!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 am

If anyone hears anything different about the time for the hearing tomorrow please post it - right now I
am hoping its not 9am - but 1:30. Lisette posted
the time as 9 and she is always accurate - UGH
I have 1:30 from another website but I cant find any other times posted. Also I read that all three Anthonys are to testify? Anyone hear that?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

WFTV fights attempt to have reporter testify
Prosecutors won't use Casey Anthony statements to law enforcement

Attorneys for WFTV-Channel 9 have filed a motion to block reporter Kathi Belich from being called as a witness by Casey Anthony's defense team.

Belich, who regularly covers the case, has been listed by the defense as a witness for two separate matters. But WFTV attorneys say compelling Belich to provide information "would violate the constitutional, statutory and common law reporter's privilege," according to the motion.

"Under Florida's reporter's privilege statute, Ms. Belich has a qualified privilege not to be a witness concerning, and not to disclose, information she obtained while actively gathering news in the normal scope of her employment," unless the defense proves the information is relevant to unresolved issues, cannot be obtained elsewhere and a compelling interest exists for disclosing the information, according to the filing.

The motion, filed by media attorneys Rachel Fugate and Gregg D. Thomas, says the defense has not "made the requisite showing to defeat application of the privilege."

WFTV, the motion states, is also "concerned that an attempt may be made to exclude Ms. Belich from the courtroom pursuant to the rule authorizing sequestration of witnesses."

The motion asks Belich's name to be "stricken from the witness list." The attorneys said they tried to deal directly with Casey Anthony's legal team, but they have been unable to resolve the issue.

Meanwhile, the Orange County Attorney's Office has filed a motion to quash subpoenas served by Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez on six officials with the Orange County Corrections Department. They were called for an upcoming hearing scheduled to start Wednesday and run through Thursday.

The motion says three employees have already been deposed in the case and requiring them to wait to testify would be "unduly burdensome."

The other three employees have not been called as witnesses already and lack any connection to the case, the motion says. If the subpoenas are not quashed the county is asking for the court to enter a "protective order" with a specific date and time for the county employees to "minimize the undue burden placed upon the employee."

Earlier today, prosecutors say they will not be using statements Casey Anthony gave law enforcement after her October 2008 arrest during the trial scheduled to start in May, according to new documents filed in court.

They also do not intend to use video of her reaction in jail when the remains of her daughter Caylee Marie were found in December 2008, according to the prosecution's filing.

The revelations came in a witness list and evidence schedule filed for upcoming hearings scheduled to start Wednesday. The statements to law enforcement came after Casey Anthony's arrest on Oct. 14, 2008.

The prosecution also announced it will not be using statements Casey Anthony gave to fellow county jail inmate Maya Derkovic "during its case-in-chief."

However, the prosecution did list as exhibits a handwritten statement Casey Anthony wrote, a transcript and audio of her statements to detectives Yuri Melich and John Allen and photos of Universal Studios.

Those exhibits will be used as part of the state's response to Casey Anthony's defense team's efforts to keep statements she gave law enforcement out of her upcoming trial.

And while the state won't be using Casey Anthony's statements to Derkovic, it will be calling witnesses like George Anthony, Cindy Anthony and Lee Anthony. They'll be called to address defense motions to suppress other statements made by Casey Anthony.

They'll also use exhibits like jail visitation DVDs and transcripts of statements given by inmate Robyn Adams, who Anthony befriend while both were housed at the Orange County Jail. In addition, they will use as exhibits statements from George Anthony and phone calls Casey Anthony made from the jail.

The number of significant issues are set for hearing on Wednesday and Thursday, probably the most important include the efforts by the defense to suppress certain statements Casey Anthony made to law enforcement and while at the jail.

The evidence at issue would be used in the first-degree murder case against Casey Anthony, 24, who is charged in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Anthony's trial is set to start in May.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

Artgal, here is one of your questions answered. This should be very interesting.

Casey Anthony case heads back to court for two crucial hearings
New letters released from Casey Anthony
Casey Anthony
By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:35 AM

ORLANDO --

Casey Anthony will be out of jail for two days this week.

She'll be at the Orange County Courthouse for crucial hearings in her murder trial.

Prosecutors have told the judge they feel defense attorney Jose Baez didn't follow one of the courts orders when it comes to deadlines and want him to find Baez in contempt.

They also want the judge to toss out defense motions that discuss plant growth at the crime scene and mentions of chloroform.

All of those motions are scheduled for Thursday’s hearing.

On Wednesday, Anthony will come face-to-face with her former jail pen pal Robyn Adams who is currently serving time in a federal prison outside of Tallahassee.

Adams and Anthony wrote letters back and forth behind bars. Prosecutors plan to introduce those at the hearing.

They will also show visits and phone calls at the jail between Anthony and her family.

Anthony’s lawyers want to get all statements she made to her family and to Adams thrown out.

Prosecutors also plan to call George Anthony to testify.

He hasn't been in court since one of those letters from his daughter to Adams came front and center.

In it, Anthony accused her brother Lee of sexual abuse, and said she thought her father may have abused her as well.

Prosecutors also said they won't be using a jail video that shows Anthony's reaction when she was told her daughter's remains had been found.

They also said they will not be using statements Anthony made to deputies after her final arrest on Oct. 14 and things she said to another jail inmate, Maya Derkovic.

We should hear by the end of the week what the jury will and will not hear on these particular issues.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks wrap, now if we could only get the time confirmed! Otherwise Ill be up at 5 !
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 am

Casey Town was off-hand remark, not official designation
Orlando Sentinel did not invent term 'Casey Town' but did use it in a story.

By Alan Schmadtke, Orlando Sentinel
3:36 p.m. EST, February 28, 2011

Nobody at the Orlando Sentinel invented the term "Casey Town."

What we did do, however, was write a story that used the term.

Clearly, the story and the term struck a nerve.

Hal Boedeker, our TV Guy blogger and TV critic, has been deluged by reader comments about the story since it first appeared late afternoon Friday.

Readers are offended about naming anything that refers to Casey Anthony, the 20s mother who is in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial for murder. She is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie.

Boedeker's readers asked for more of an explanation about the term, hinting the Orlando Sentinel — or in this case, I — created the term "Casey Town."

We didn't create anything.

I've given an explanation to TV Guy fans.

It's pretty simple and not at all an attempt to be cold-hearted.

In this case, the news media was the news. Public officials held two meetings with local news media about how they plan to conduct the trial of Casey Anthony.

After the second meeting, at which local bloggers also were invited, it was clear that Orange County and Orlando are going to see some things they've never seen before. Things that only a handful of cities (think LA, for O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson trials) witnessed.

The media, as a group, agreed to help court officials by putting themselves all in one place, an attempt to make logistics and security easier for all. And that one place, a production official said off-handedly at one of the meetings, was a "Casey Town" of media.

Later, someone else referred to the area as "Camp Casey."

That's it.

The meeting moved on. There is no official designation for the lot of land where the media will be contained, other than the fact it is owned by ChampionsGate Resort.

However, there does seem to be at least one solution that apparently most could agree on. That is, remember the little girl who's no longer here.

Call the lot Camp Caylee.
I agree

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 am

Art, I'm basing the 9:00 am time on the Notice of Hearings that was filed by LDB..(link upthread). Also, I read it at:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (He/she is very strict about not copying and pasting...Wants copyright strictly observed.)
I'm thinking that with all the business to be conducted, they will have to start earlier than 1:30. Now, the status hearing on Fri., Mar. 4, IS scheduled for 1:30.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 am

OK Lisette I know you are thorough so Ill prep the coffee to start at 5am!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am

Deleted this post because the article had already been posted by Wrap...(My delete button was not showing)..Sorry, Wrap, I'm getting too excited about these upcoming hearings! :cheering:

Last edited by lisette on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 am

That should be quite interesting...watching KC and Robyn Adams come face-to-face, as well as seeing the Anthonys on the stand. Can't wait! Hope I get to see it before my grandson gets here!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Baez Fires Back Against State's Claim

State: Baez Should Be Held In Contempt

Amanda Ober, Staff Writer
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, is firing back at prosecutors' motion suggesting that he be held in contempt of court.
In his own motion to strike the request, Baez accuses prosecutor Jeff Ashton of asking the court to require the defense "filings that are not required by any rule, case law or statute in order to assist him in the preparation of his case."

Motion:

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Well, the Defense's List of Witnesses and Evidence List for Wed. and Thurs. hearings are available for viewing. Many of the witnesses are the same as listed by the State.

List of witnesses:
Ryan Eberlin, Reginald Hosey, Adriana Acevedo, Rendon Fletcher, Yuri Melich, John Allen, Appling Wells, Brian Cross, Matt Irwin, George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony, Sylvia Hernandez, Robyn Adams, Deanne Adams, Cindy Corrado, Dennis Moonsammy, Gabriel Adam, Marleen Baker, (If necessary to establish meeting at the Baez Law Firm: Linda Drane-Burdick and Jose Baez.)??, Cheney Mason??

Don't know who some of these people are, but I believe some of them are LE or work at the jail. Orange County Attorneys made a motion to quash the subpoenas of some of them.

Here is a link to the Defense's Witness List and Evidence List:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Here is a link to the Motion to Quash Subpoenas of some of the witnesses listed on Bozo's list for the hearings. It fully explains why they should not be called to testify at these hearings. Again, makes Bozo look like a BOZO!!...
A couple of the officers have never had any contact with KC and have never even been deposed by the State OR the defense...

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Casey Anthony Due Back In Court
Anthony's Murder Trial Set To Begin In May
POSTED: Tuesday, March 1, 2011
UPDATED: 9:03 pm EST March 1, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her defense team will be back in court Wednesday to hear several motions.
Both sides will argue recent motions during the 9 a.m. hearing at the Orange County Courthouse. Wednesday is the first of at least two days of hearings in Judge Belvin Perry's courtroom.
Prosecutor Jeff Ashton has complained to Perry that defense attorney Jose Baez missed another deadline, this one to detail objections to the state's scientific evidence. Baez filed papers this week denying he did anything wrong, but Perry will decide Wednesday if Baez is in contempt of court.

Read more at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Casey Anthony: Will there be fireworks? A blame game? Bickering?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on March, 1 2011 7:59 PM

Television tonight served up previews of the Casey Anthony hearings this week. “There may be fireworks,” WKMG-Channel 6 anchor Lauren Rowe said.
WKMG’s Tony Pipitone said Chief Judge Belvin Perry will start Wednesday morning by asking defense attorney Jose Baez why he should not be held in contempt of court for missing a court-ordered deadline. (The hearing starts at 9 a.m., and Anthony will be there.)

WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich described how Baez will defend himself on the contempt-of-court allegation. “He’s blaming the prosecutor for playing games, blaming Chief Judge Belvin Perry for allowing it and even blaming the judge for not responding to his requests,” Belich said.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer was withering in criticizing Baez’s implication that Perry was impeding Baez’s work on the Anthony case. “That’s probably the most obnoxious of the allegations is that somehow Judge Perry has become a puppet of the state,” Sheaffer said.

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing explained that Baez, in a new motion, accused prosecutor Jeff Ashton “of intentionally forcing him to divert time from defending Anthony’s life to defending himself.”

Veteran attorney Jeff Deen, supplying analysis for WESH, said both the defense and prosecutors are wasting time in a war of words. “Both sides don’t have their eye on the ball,” Deen said. “In three months, this woman is going on trial for her life, and we’re arguing over paperwork and we’re doing it personally.”

Deen recommended that Baez and Ashton work out their disagreements through e-mail and leave Perry out of it. “Both sides now have made it to the point where we’re just watching bickering,” Deen said.

Then it was on to previews of what else will unfold in court this week. WKMG’s Pipitone said the state and defense will argue over whether statements Anthony made early in the investigation be kept out of the trial. Proesecutors say the young mother made the statements voluntarily; the defense says her statements should be suppressed.

She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Then the hearings will turn to whether comments Anthony made in jail will be part of the murder trial, set to start in May. The state wants them in; the defense wants them out. “Among those on call: George, Cindy and Lee Anthony — who could come together in court for the first time in years,” Pipitone said.

Other motions at the hearings concern chloroform found in Casey’s car and a state expert’s opinion on plant growth, Pipitone said. “With little more than two months to go before jury selection, this trial is starting to take shape,” Pipitone said.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 am

For eight years after he graduated from law school, however, the board that screens prospective attorneys in Florida would not let him practice law. The Florida Supreme Court agreed with the decision, issuing an order in 2000 that cataloged unpaid bills, extravagant spending and other "financial irresponsibility" up to that time. Justices reserved their strongest condemnation for his failure to stay current on support payments for his only child.

His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

He worked instead as a paralegal for the Miami-Dade public defender and then taught Internet research to lawyers and started four business ventures, including two bikini companies. Before Florida Bar officials admitted him in 2005, he had to demonstrate that he had rehabilitated himself. He has taken quite a number of steps backwards since taking upon himself the case of Casey Anthony.

Rather than debate whether or not Casey will get the death penalty or life in prison, many openly debate whether or not Jose Baez will have a license to practice law or not by the time this case is done.

He has a history of not paying bills, not pay child support, and living beyond his means, something that the bar association wasn't pleased with.

Bankrupcy, failed businesses, defaulting on loans, mortgages, foreclosures...

it was almost a forgone conclusion that he'd sell the rights of pictures and videos, get the proverbial Rolex, and wear it under the noses of all the "pro bono" attorneys who have since quit the case.

Hey, it's who he is.

He is too arrogant to pay.

He expects that others should do that but not him.

Pride...fall.

Pride...fall.

Pride...fall.

It appears that he is ready, again, to get hit by Judge Perry.

Hopefully, he'll have another quote for us. He can be counted on for some surprising things:

There are several favorites quotes from Jose Baez that float around, among them:

When asked about having an inappropriate relationship with Casey Anthony after spending 6 hours a day with her in his office, and later reprimanded more than once by guards for physical contact he said,

"I'm not going to dignify that with a response."

Somehow, this more dignifying than just saying "no"?

Then there was the time he claimed he was being unfairly targeted by everyone. The middle aged attorney said he was being targeted unfairly because he was a
"young hispanic lawyer"

There was his open edited negation on HLN when he offered,

"It's not like I cry myself to sleep at night over things they say about me."

But now, he put his money where his mouth is. This isn't a statement, it is a court motion.

Why does Jose Baez want the contempt issue dropped?

He said he can't concentrate on his defense of Casey Anthony.

Indeed.

He has yet to make good on his promise to give "good and compelling reasons" why Casey Anthony didn't report her child missing for 31 days.

We eagerly await his reasoning.

But we cannot help but wonder:If since July of 2008 he has been 'working' on Casey's defense, and it is only now that the contempt charge is distracting him...

It is going to be something to defend his work since the judge has been unable to get Jose Baez to do anything...anything from picking up photo copies from Staples to scheduling depostions. Judge Perry told Baez that if he doesn't make the depositions, he, the judge, will make the calls and schedule them for him, since this trial is going forward in May.

This makes us wonder what next humiliating chastisement Judge Perry has readied for Mr. Baez:
This frivolous Motion for Rule to show cause can only have one outcome, and that is to the detriment of Miss Anthony for which Mr Ashton has already succeeded in obtaining. While it may be tempting at this time to request a continuance to the extent that this Motion has distracted the pre-trial preparation of Miss Anthony, the defense does not feel that it has good cause to do so at this time. While working seven days a week to ensure that the Defense will be ready for the current trial date the Defense respectfully requests that the Court take judicial notice of the time spent defending this frivolous Motion without authority.
WHEREFORE, the undersigned hereby moves this Honorable Court to Strike the State’s Motion to Show Cause”"

source"
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 am

The live blog is here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Results of motions on Mar.2-3 (As near as I can tell)...

1. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements (to Law Enforcement Officers) & Amended Motion to Suppress Statements
Finished hearing motion, but JP reserved ruling on it until later.

2.Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements made to George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony, Maya Derkovic, Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez.
Prosecutors say that they're not going to be using statements made to Maya Derkovic. Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez have yet to testify. I presume that will happen at the hearing on Mon. at 2:00 p.m.

3. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Video Footage (Jail Video of KC's reaction to finding of remains)
Prosecutors say that they will not use video or descriptions of it in their case. Motion was moot.

The State was asking that the defense not be allowed to "put on trial" members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, State Attorney's Office, or other government office...In effect, accusing them of "leaking" information, having inappropriate contact with media, etc. JP ruled that he will deal with these issues at sidebar as the need arises during trial.

5. SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Supplemental Witness List. JP ruled that Kathi Belich did not have to testify. LDB agreed to accept KC's old boyfriend (didn't get name.)that would testify as to the date of the diary because Bozo showed good cause why he was turned in late. Another of the witnesses was dropped by Bozo, so that took care of that motion.

6.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Chloroform)
Finished hearing motion, and JP reserved ruling on it until later.

7.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Plant or Root Growth)
Finished, JP reserved ruling until later.

8. SA's Motion for Rule to Show Cause
Came to an agreement on it at sidebar..Bozo publicly apologized to Ashton and the Court.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks so much lisette!! What would I do without you! You always make it easy for me to understand in plain English what's really happening in these court hearing. I really appreciate all the time and effort you and artgal have put into this case. Thank you both so much!!!!
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Both of you did a fantastic job of keeping up with every motion, sidebar, drama and more. Both of you are pure GOLD! Bravo

Now, PLEASE get some good sleep. Have the hubs bring you breakfast in bed. Use either wet tea bags or cucumbers for bags under the eyes.

Prep H used to be the bomb for the bags but they took out the ingredient that makes it work. Sorry, O/T!
rabbit :high five:

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty Casey Anthony case

Post by Gigi cares Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

I am so glad I found this site, information is in the KISS language which makes it easy to understand.

I am sure how anyone else feels, but in the CA case and the Scott Peterson. It is a fact that both Peterson's and Anthony parents know they are guilty so why would they not Stand UP to those KILLERS
and say we know you are guilty , we are here for you but and I AM not nor will I let the STATE spend the money to Defend you.
Gigi cares
Gigi cares

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty Casey Docs Reveal Defense Expert Witnesses' Testimony

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Posted: 6:44 pm EST March 4, 2011
Updated: 6:55 pm EST March 4, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Some of the most significant events in the case against Casey Friday didn't happen in the courtroom, despite a hearing. Instead, WFTV found them in a stack of documents released by the defense. The documents involve the defense team's expert witnesses.

TRANSCRIPTS: Bock [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bock #2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Furton [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Huntington [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Huntington #2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fairgrieve [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

VIDEO REPORT: Docs Reveal Witnesses' Testimony

Among the 460 pages WFTV obtained are the transcripts of four experts being questioned. They talked about Caylee's remains, the smell in Casey's car, and the use of police dogs during a search. In every case, the experts negate the theories the state has about those things.

In December, January and February, prosecutors and attorneys in the case against Casey Anthony questioned the four expert defense witnesses.

Biology professor Dr. Timothy Huntington discussed his opinions about findings in Casey's car. He said he smelled the trunk several days after the car was retrieved and admitted it smelled bad, but couldn't determine if the scent was decomposition or the smell of garbage.

When asked if he agreed that remains were found in her car, he said: "I wouldn't have said that based on the evidence at hand. No."

The state argues there was a body in her car.

"This is the defense's witness to counter that. 'No. I don't reach the same conclusion,'" explained WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer.

A forensics expert reviewed materials pertaining to the use of human remains detection dogs. The dogs were used by law enforcement to search the Anthony's home and hit on something. The dogs also sniffed around her car.

"The use of a dog can be somewhat subjective because the dog is not a scientific instrument," Dr. Scott Fairgrieve said.

Fairgrieve said dogs aren't calibrated, so they're not reliable.

"This is an attempt by the defense to refute or dispute the state's expert by way of cadaver dogs," Sheaffer explained.

A biologist was also questioned. She claimed Caylee's remains were surrounded by plant growth, and said the body had been in the woods anywhere from a week to six months.

"This witness is going to say, 'No, it was placed there after Casey was in jail,'" Sheaffer explained.

Sheaffer told WFTV it's common for one side to use experts to try to poke a hole in the other side's theories, just like what's been done here.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 am

Interesting handwritten correspondence from Jose Baez to the court about the chloroform testing motion:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:07 pm

His penmanship is horrible. It shows he is very impulsive.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Case against Casey heads back to court Monday
Last Updated: Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:06 PM

ORLANDO --
There could be several big decisions in the Case against Casey this week.

Those decisions could come as early as Monday when both sides head back in court for a fourth day.

The judge will hear final arguments on a defense motion Monday.

Lawyers for Casey Anthony are trying to keep jurors from hearing things that she said to her mother, father, brother and to Orange County deputies before she was arrested.

The judge could also potentially rule on the admissibility of evidence regarding chloroform and plant life at the crime scene.

Monday's hearing is set for 2 p.m.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:34 am

I bet artgal is happy it is at 2 pm today. LOL Here we go again. The thread to blog on while the hearing is going on is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 am

I just signed on and yes, Im so happy its later today
I just hope I stay happy at JP's rulings!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 am

Lawyers for Casey Anthony are trying to keep jurors from hearing things that she said to her mother, father, brother and to Orange County deputies before she was arrested.
Wonder what happened to the statements she made to Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez? They didn't testify...thought that might happen today, but I haven't heard anything about it.
The judge could also potentially rule on the admissibility of evidence regarding chloroform and plant life at the crime scene.
I think JP said that he would rule on these by Friday. Dorothy Sims was going to file a response today, so I don't think he will be ruling on these today...But I could be wrong...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 am

Wonder what happened to the statements she made to Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez? They didn't testify...thought that might happen today, but I haven't heard anything about it.
I think that is on the schedule for today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty Defense: All statements Casey Anthony made to law enforcement should be tossed Prosecutors now arguing that the statements should be allowed at trial

Post by Nama Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Last week's marathon Casey Anthony hearings resume Monday with arguments by both sides on whether statements Casey Anthony gave law enforcement and other family members should be allowed at trial.

Casey Anthony's defense team wants to exclude statements she gave law enforcement officials early on in the case back in mid-July 2008. They also want to keep statements she gave her parents and brother while she was in jail out of her upcoming trial as well.

The defense team argues that Casey Anthony's family members and others inside the jail were "acting as agents of the state" and attempted to solicit information from her about her daughter's disappearance on behalf of law enforcement.

The prosecution disputes that George, Cindy and Lee Anthony were used as agents by law enforcement.

Get the day's top stories in your inbox. Click here to sign up for the Midday Update newsletter

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick, who is making her arguments now, is emphasizing that law enforcement's initial involvement was "to help her and her family find her daughter. That's what they were there for. That's what they were doing there."

Casey Anthony was not in custody and was not a suspect at that point, Burdick argued.

She also noted that they were summoned to the home and it would be a reasonable assumption that deputies would be asking questions of the family members. She also noted that Zenaida Gonzalez was listed as the suspect because she was the individual who they thought was the suspect at the time, not Casey Anthony.

Burdick, the prosecutor, spoke about Casey Anthony being handcuffed for five minutes and then un-handcuffed that morning.

This amounted to a "temporary detention" and "not an arrest" after Cindy Anthony complained about credit card fraud.

"She was not in custody," Burdick said. She was then un-cuffed and was free to walk around her home for an hour before a detective arrived. Burdik said this was sufficient time to send a message to Casey Anthony or "any reasonable person" that she was not custody. She cited case law to support her arguments.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason earlier this afternoon had argued that all statements Casey Anthony gave law enforcement in mid-July 2008 should be tossed because she was never read her Miranda rights that morning.

At the same time, she was handcuffed (and later un-handcuffed), placed in the back of a patrol vehicle and driven around by law enforcement, Mason said. She was "in custody" throughout this period, he maintains, from her early contact when her mother called for her arrest to her questioning by detectives inside a room at Universal Studios.

"She was never informed that she had the right to leave or terminate questioning," Mason argued. He says detectives didn't want Casey Anthony to tell them, "I want a lawyer."

Because of the failure to inform her of her Miranda rights, Mason said, all her comments to law enforcement on July 15-16 should be excluded from trial.

Now Mason is arguing that detectives also violated her rights by attempting to get information from Casey Anthony, through her family members.

Mason says the Anthony family was "exploited" because they had a goal to find Caylee and the investigators wanted information from Casey but could not speak with her directly without her lawyer present.

"They (investigators) set them all in play," Mason said.

Mason said the family members became agents for the state "wittingly or unwittingly."

Burdick says law enforcement did not manipulate the Anthonys into doing anything they did not already want to do independently. And she says the Anthonys acknowledged last week it was not their intent to help build a case against Casey Anthony.

But Mason said earlier that investigators "directed family over and over to do what they could not." In doing this -- and capturing Casey Anthony in recordings and video -- they circumvented her defense attorney Jose Baez.

Tossing any of these comments would hurt the prosecution's case because they show Casey Anthony behaved soon after the disappearance of her daughter was reported to the authorities. But the legal standards to exclude these statements place heavy burdens on the defense.

The 24-year-old's first-degree murder trial is scheduled to start in May. If convicted in the killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee almost three years ago, Casey Anthony faces a possible death sentence.

Rulings on these issues and other science-related evidence in the coming days and weeks will largely frame the kind of evidence jurors will get to see in the case.

Earlier today, the defense team filed legal memos challenging the prosecution's positions on scientific evidence in the case.

The defense team is attacking one state witness, a botany expert, who is being used to help date the time Caylee's body was left in the wooded locations where her remains were found in December 2008.

The motion filed by defense attorney Dorothy Clay Sims says the state expert's "science is not legitimate, his methodology unscientific and experiment incomplete, not peer reviewed, his error rate unknown and his conclusions unscientific."

Sims is asking for a special hearing to "more fully advise the court as to why his conclusions should be inadmissible."

Sims' motion goes as far to suggest that the prosecution withdraw Dr. David Hall, the botanist, as a witness before that hearing is scheduled.

"It is the hope…after re-reading Dr. Hall's deposition the state would consider withdrawing him as an expert and thus remove the need for a hearing as [to] whether his testimony is admissible," Sims wrote.

The defense, through attorney Sims, is also challenging the prosecution's use of a device to detect "trace or unmeasured amounts of Chloroform" inside the trunk of Casey Anthony's vehicle. Again, the defense wants a special hearing, dealing with new or novel areas of science, to argue against this evidence from being used at trial based on the device.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Many more videos on the link below.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Have a look at the smiles on the faces of all the men in the courtroom as Miss Casey Anthony enters.

Amazing how this child killer draws their attention to the boobs.

Isn't there some kind of dress code in court or can the defendent show up in any revealing clothing.

What a farce to see her..dressed like this. Who exactly is providing her "courtroom attire"?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Well lets pray for an all woman jury!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The Case Against Casey Anthony - March 2011 Empty John De Lorean's Days of Reckoning

Post by Nama Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:06 pm

by jeanne1807 What a farce to see her..dressed like this. Who exactly is providing her "courtroom attire"?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Indeed, her most publicized move in recent months was commissioning Capraro to design an 18-piece wardrobe for her to wear to her husband's trial. Hollywood is abuzz with the rumor that Cristina recently had lunch at Ma Maison with Maureen Dean, wife of Watergate felon John Dean, whose appearances at her husband's side during his trial made her perhaps America's greatest expert on dressing for distress.

I remember Christina's the "cute little" wardrobe at her husband's trial. It's obvious that Casey didn't commission Caporaro! Casey better strap those boobs at her trial if she wants the jury to see her as the innocent girl next door.

Last edited by BJ on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Caylee Anthony case: Magpie reports on 03/07/11 hearing
Posted on March 7, 2011 by Valhall
It was a full house again for the hearing. George and Cindy (especially George) looked like they’ve had enough for awhile. Cindy is usually somewhat physically affectionate, putting her arm on George’s back, etc. I never see any reciprocal behavior from George. I realize, too, that some are more public than others, but this is a couple who knows they are in the public eye and being scrutinized at every movement – just saying. This has got to be an emotional roller coaster that they wish they could just get off. Cindy still looks for any acknowledgment from Casey, which again didn’t happen, but George has stopped. I noticed each day that he has looked at this feet or the back of the room when court was clearing instead of trying to make eye contact.

By the way, the couple previously identified as George’s parents are not. They go to the Anthony’s church.

It was surprising to see all the detectives in court again today since their testimony wasn’t needed. I respect their ability to sit there seemingly unaffected while their reputations are besmirched. I guess they’ve had enough trial experience to know to expect it. But it still would require great self control. In Mason’s argument for Miranda he kept talking about intimidation. Have you every been innocent and felt intimidated or fearful of a cop?

Today seemed different all around in court. I don’t know what it was, but if it’s burnout, how will we last through an extended trial? The usual cast of media were there. Most of them are engrossed in their Blackberry or Iphone. I, too, was busy boppin’ and weaving trying to look for little expressions or tells of the people there. LOL.

Baez seemed very deflated today; in court and outside. Typically he is smiling and polite. He typical kind of watches who’s watching. Today he had a different demeanor. While waiting for the elevator after the hearing another reporter asked Mason a question and then a few more. After getting out Baez made a comment about “If you let them ask one it turns into 5″. Funny he seemed to love the media earlier. I also noticed that Casey seems to be turning to Mason a lot more for her questions and scribblings. Could the tide be turning?

The defense and prosecution seemed more adversarial again today. I guess you can’t call the other side names and still expect to share cookies and milk afterward.

So what was the stipulation all about that Baez met in August 2008 with law enforcement and Linda Drane-Burdick? Is that something we’ve heard before and I missed or forgot?

Is Mason purposefully misleading the court or does he need to brush up on the testimony? He’s combining the arrest (for minutes) with the trip that Acevedo took with Casey to Sawgrass. She was not ‘arrested’ when Acevedo patted Casey down. That is typical procedure when allowing anyone into you police car. Suspect or not, there are procedures for everyone’s safety. George was once again vehemently shaking his head in agreement with Mason when he said that you “Can’t unarrest someone”.

I was also a little stunned by Mason once again talking about poor little Casey being intimidated by all these big men. He also pointed out, several times, that she had no prior experience with law enforcement and therefore could be easily confused. Well, isn’t it a point, also, that George has been a law enforcement officer? If he and Cindy had any concerns about Casey’s safety or impending arrest wouldn’t he have stepped in?

Linda Burdick would be a great poker player. She does make comments to her fellow State attorneys, but never really shows emotion. Poor Mr. Ashton, I don’t know if he realizes how often he does it, but when someone makes a comment he disagrees with, he shakes his head “NO”.

I haven’t watched any video yet, but right after Judge Perry made his reference to Mason about a “Parks” case, Joy Wray walked in. I need to rewatch it because it seemed like the Judge was very interested in her arrival. Maybe it was just that she came in late to the proceeding, but something in the gallery seemed to catch Judge Perry’s attention for quite awhile.

Sorry, not much to give for today with such a short hearing and all.

Peace

…Magpie.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next