Casey Anthony Hearings: Mar. 2nd, 3rd, 4th,7th, 2011

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Casey Anthony Hearings: Mar. 2nd, 3rd, 4th,7th, 2011

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:38 am

One of the States motion is being heard. Can't tell what one yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:38 am

Thank you Lindamarie... Group Hug
I wish we could be there in the Courtroom on Caylee's side.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 am

uh-oh, talking about Casey's character....
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 am

cherylz wrote:Thank you Lindamarie... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I wish we could be there in the Courtroom on Caylee's side.

If everyone on Caylee's side was in courtroom, they would have to hold it in a huge arena, and there would still be overflow. OTOH, Casey's side would be barren except for her family and some news reporters.
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:42 am

JP not going to rule right away regarding the plant growth and chloroform evidence. Jeff Ashton not as effective a lawyer as Linda
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am

Train goes by, reminding me this is a trainwreck.
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:44 am

LOL hippie sure enough a train is going by.

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:51 am

lindamarie wrote:LOL hippie sure enough a train is going by.

"Lets now discuss Caseys sex life..." (train goes by) LOL

sorry.

Much like Cindy's mouth, I can't control my fingers.
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 am

Why did Cindy and George leave? Or have they left
Its rather silly if they had to leave as they can just go out and watch it on a laptop outside
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 am

I don't have a clue what is going on. Should be at least a lunch break coming up or dismissed for today. Waiting.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:03 am

artgal16 wrote:Why did Cindy and George leave? Or have they left
Its rather silly if they had to leave as they can just go out and watch it on a laptop outside
I was wondering about that. Or would a Deputy be sitting with them so they can't?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 am

Here we go on the contempt motion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 am

The motion was dropped after a long apology from Baez.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am

Thats it for today - C&G were in the courtroom I saw them leave. No hearing for contempt of court Baez
apologised.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 am

from the hinkymeter:
report on yesterdays hearing
Which comes first – to see or to perceive? Do we watch the courtroom antics of the defense and State and ‘see’ the glares? Or…do we perceive those looks to be of emotions that we relate to them?

A good lawyer friend of mine once told me that “All trials are a game. It’s about winning.” “The difference” he said “was that some attorneys play a classic game of chess, while others are shooting craps in a back alley”. So, are we watching chess or craps? Can it be both? Do I dislike his client; ergo Baez? Or…has he earned that all on his own?

To me (and the quick poll of those around me) there is an uncomfortable something between the defense and the State. Only Mr. George (atty) seems removed from the silliness. The attorney’s traits are coming out. Linda Drane Burdick is the more precise, almost mathmatical one. She takes each small step one by one and builds to her desired point. She is very petite but has an athletic build like a former swimmer or cheerleader. Mr. Jeff Ashton (still smelling dreamy) is the more dramatic, immediately to the point type. Many people in the room look to him for his expressions after a witness says something important. Mr. George comes off as the one you go have a beer with but who backs them all with an efficient congenial manner. I don’t think even Baez could muster a glare in his direction.

Cheney Mason feels like a long outdated perception of society and southern traditions. Like his mind is stuck some 20 odd years ago when he was in his prime. Most of his questions yesterday proved that. That he felt that a ‘big’ man could intimidate Casey.

Baez is the ‘youngster’ eager to prove himself . Even if its from underwater in the kiddie pool. Most of the time Baez doesn’t have enough sense to put his swimmies back on to save himself, so everyone has to share a moment and then Judge Perry throws them out to him. Once in awhile he has a good moment though.

There were alot more lookyloo’s today. Cindy was chatty before court but George and Lee just sat solemn and eyes forward. Even before court the attorneys were catty. Jeremy Lyons was there in the red version of yesterdays mock turtleneck. I’m not sure who asked, but don’t do any searches. The little emblem is an insignificant designer thing. Before court Ms. Medina was walking around with the grey suit that Casey wore today and a turqoise blouse. I guess Casey opted for the red sweater again. Cindy must bring those each day.

First witness…is the infamous “black” cop. Now…Casey never looks at the witness even if it’s family. But this guy she watched intently. Just makes me go Hmmmmmm?

While Baez is back to smirky and cocky he still left plenty of room for Judge Perry to school him on several matters. So, was she arrested then unarrested? Does anyone really buy that any Anthony was concerned over this? At least not until it served a purpose. It may work though. Yesterday during a bit of fuddle Judge Perry did mutter “I hope someone can enlighten me as to why she was in handcuffs”. I spoke to a respected attorney today who feels that it may be a technical issue but the State has enough without the “after” cuff stuff. He also said that “Agents of the State” didn’t have a chance.

Casey looked snarkie while Daddy was testifying this morning on the handcuffed issue. Her stature and demeanor visably stiffened. During a brief recess to get the audio up (of George in the car with law enforcement) George and Casey had a chance to look at each other and exchange, well, something. Neither one did. Linda Drane-Burdick and Baez appeared to exchang glares in little moments that are priceless. What do they really think of each other? Is it partly for show or is it raw emotions that they can’t hide? Casey shook her head “no” several times during the audio. She was especially dramatic with it when Sgt. Allen said “She’s the boss, not her attorney” and her father agreed. Then she looked at Baez like as with an affirmation. “See….I did good.” Towards the end of the audio when George knew that he was going to have to hear about Casey turning down the visit with him he looked like the hurt was right there again. Several in the gallery were in tears over the emotions of loss. But…not our Casey. I know that many feel that any real emotion from the Anthony’s is carefully executed sympathy stuff. But you should sit in a small room with them for a day or two and see if you feel the same. It’s easy to armchair these things. I did too. It’s just different on the little screen than from reality.

I don’t know if it showed on the video but when George was on the stand and Ms. Burdick asked him if the FBI paper stated that George was asking for a meeting, that they in no way asked or endorsed it, George answered and added that he felt tricked. Baez looked at John Allen with a school boy grin then smirked and bounced in his chair for awhile. You could almost hear him scream “Score”. But I don’t think he did. I asked someone who knows the Anthonys why George especially seemed to have so much hostility towards Linda. Was it her or her as the face of law enforcement. This person (who shall be nameless) said that the Anthonys felt very tricked by and used by law enforcement and the State. That person didn’t think it was personal to Linda. When George started to actually go off at one point the court staff left their chairs and went towards him. Judge Perry backed them down and took a few minutes to once again, prove his authority, and let George take a moment if needed. Again everyone in the room could feel George’s agony. This was during Baez’s cross where he was asking George if he would buck a subpeona to save his daughter. That seemed very cold of Baez.

Mr. Mason has rarely looked up from his papers today. There were the moments where he seemed to be trying to comfort Casey for emotions she wasn’t having. She did give Lee a small smile and teared for a second but quickly got over it. When he said…in open court….that he would have lied to her to find Caylee Casey went all dark. You can feel these changes as much as see them. It affects most of the people watching. For the first time Casey was visually nervous. She was grooming and moving the papers on her desk all over and we all knew “It’s time for Lee”. I almost wonder if they did that back and forth with Lee just to get the reaction. None of the Anthonys should ever play poker. Their emotions and behaviours are so raw and they can’t seem to stop it. Lee doesn’t have any of that outward hostility towards the state attorneys or law enforcement that we see in his parents. Is it George’s “bond” with law enforcement that makes him feel so betrayed?

To that I say…would you have done or said anything differently to find your granddaughter if you hadn’t been a cop?
source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Casey Hearing Day 3: No Contempt For Baez

Anthony's Parents Testify For Third Day

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors agreed Friday to not ask that Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez be found in contempt of court.
The mutual agreement was announced just before three days of hearings came to a close...
Earlier in the morning, the court heard testimony in relation to a defense motion that hopes to get some of Anthony's statements thrown out. Her defense team argues that law enforcement used her own family as "agents" to get information...
The case's lead detective, Yuri Melich, denied that he controlled or coached the Anthonys in any way...
Perry also heard arguments regarding two motions by the state regarding chloroform and plant growth...
No decisions on the motions were made, except for a motion by WFTV to remove one of its reporters from a defense witness list. Perry granted that motion.
The case heads back to court on Monday at 2 p.m. Perry said he would hear more testimony then regarding the motions to suppress Anthony's statements. (I guess this will be Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez.)

Read more at:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm

There is more hearing on monday? At least its at 11am Pacific and I can get some sleep!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Results of motions on Mar.2-3 (As near as I can tell)...

1. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements (to Law Enforcement Officers) & Amended Motion to Suppress Statements
Finished hearing motion, but JP reserved ruling on it until later.

2.Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements made to George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony, Maya Derkovic, Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez.
Prosecutors say that they're not going to be using statements made to Maya Derkovic. Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez have yet to testify. I presume that will happen at the hearing on Mon. at 2:00 p.m.

3. Defendant's Motion to Suppress Video Footage (Jail Video of KC's reaction to finding of remains)
Prosecutors say that they will not use video or descriptions of it in their case. Motion was moot.

4. State of Florida's Motions in Limine
The State was asking that the defense not be allowed to "put on trial" members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, State Attorney's Office, or other government office...In effect, accusing them of "leaking" information, having inappropriate contact with media, etc. JP ruled that he will deal with these issues at sidebar as the need arises during trial.

5. SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Supplemental Witness List. JP ruled that Kathi Belich did not have to testify. LDB agreed to accept KC's old boyfriend (didn't get name.)that would testify as to the date of the diary because Bozo showed good cause why he was turned in late. Another of the witnesses was dropped by Bozo, so that took care of that motion.

6.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Chloroform)
Finished hearing motion, and JP reserved ruling on it until later.

7.SA's Motion to Strike Defendant's Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to Frye (Plant or Root Growth)
Finished, JP reserved ruling until later.

8. SA's Motion for Rule to Show Cause
Came to an agreement on it at sidebar..Bozo publicly apologized to Ashton and the Court.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Normal Cindy Testifies, Baez Apologizes At Casey Hearing

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Posted: 8:55 am EST March 4, 2011
Updated: 6:56 pm EST March 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony and her attorneys were back in the courtroom Friday morning as a scheduled 2-day hearing pushed into a third day. Prosecutors and defense attorney's furthered their cases over the admissibility of conversations between Casey and her family, but not before taking up a matter concerning WFTV.

CASEY ENTERS 03/04: See Images | Raw Video
BELICH RULING: Watch Raw Video | Motion
BILL SHEAFFER: Pre-Day 3 Analysis
CINDY ANTHONY: Raw Testimony
PERRY CRACKS WHIP: Judge Chastises Attorneys
BAEZ APOLOGY: Regarding Contempt Allegations
DETECTIVE MELICH: Part 1 Of 2 | Part 2
IN COURT 03/04: Key Players In The Case
VIDEO REPORT: Day 3 Of Hearing Ends
READ: Motions To Be Heard March 2-3

Friday afternoon, the judge announced he will hold a hearing next week on a set of key remaining pretrial motions he heard arguments on this week. While Ninth Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled on a handful of small motions Friday that the defense and prosecution argued on over three consecutive days, he has called another hearing for 2:00pm Monday. It is then that he is expected to rule on other motions that could affect the strategies both the defense and state will employ in the upcoming trial of Casey Anthony.

Things got heated fast Friday morning with Judge Belvin Perry reprimanding Casey Anthony for arriving to the courtroom late. The hearing was scheduled for 8:45am, but Casey didn't arrive until around 8:50am.

Judge Perry explained that he would not wait for "clothes" to start the hearing and said that when he sets a hearing for 8:45am, it needs to start at that time. Apparently, Casey's clothes were late arriving for her at the courthouse.

After that bit of procedural reprimand, things got started with WFTV's own attorney, Greg Thomas, arguing to strike WFTV reporter Kathi Belich from the defendant's witness list (read motion).

Defense attorney Cheney Mason argued that it's not a guaranteed privilege for journalists in all cases and said this is an exception. In addition, Mason argued that two inmates, Robyn Adams and Maya Derkovic, are involved in a conspiracy against Casey; Belich had interviewed Derkovic inside jail.

Judge Perry then quoted Florida Statute 90.5015 (statute details) that provides a journalist privilege regarding be called in a case, and that to overcome that privilege they have to make a reasonable argument with specific guidelines.

"Journalists, by their nature, talk to witnesses each and every day not knowing the magnitude or how important or how less important a particular person is," Judge Perry explained. "This was designed to protect journalists and help protect the First Amendment right of freedom of speech ... to protect news-gathering sources."

With that statement, Judge Perry granted WFTV's motion to strike Belich from the defense's witness list.

After the ruling, the defense continued to try to block statements made between Casey and her family from the trial. The defense has suggested that law enforcement tried to use Casey's family to sidestep her attorney, but the lead investigators in the case denied that.

"Is it your intent, as has been suggested today, that you manipulate them to do your bidding?" prosecutor Linda Drane-Burdick added.

"No," lead investigator Yuri Melich replied.

Melich told Judge Perry that it was the Anthony family that asked on numerous occasions how they could sidestep Jose Baez, and it was not the other way around.

"They brought it up and asked for someone to go talk to her in that context we would say again we couldn't talk to her. But if she reached out and wanted to talk to someone, we would make sure that happened," Melich said.

"At any point in time did you tell George Anthony to have Casey write a letter to you?" Drane-Burdick asked. "Did you tell George Anthony to have Casey write a letter to anybody?"

"No, not directly, but we did suggest that if she wanted to contact us she could do so by several means. Writing a letter was one of those included," Melich replied.

George, Cindy and Lee Anthony have also testified that they were motivated by the desire to find Caylee and not by law enforcement. Casey's lawyers are trying to get certain statements Cindy made to deputies tossed out, but she more likely helped prosecutors.

"Not knowingly or willingly," Cindy said when asked about acting as an 'agent' for law enforcement.

Defense attorneys tried to make the case that investigators wanted to use Casey's family to go around attorney Jose Baez. Cindy told the judge that investigators asked them numerous times to go directly to Casey for information, without Baez knowing about the exchange.

Cindy tried to take that a step further and told the court that Orange County sheriff's investigators expressed dislike for Baez.

"Sgt. Allen made it very clear to me and my husband in the very beginning that he didn't trust Mr. Baez and didn't like him," Cindy said as she was interrupted. "I'm trying to answer."

As that exchange continued about Baez, Casey at one point seemed to console him by patting him on the thigh. It seemed an awkward moment after Cindy said investigators thought Baez was "full of s***."

However, Cindy also said much of her motivation was simply to find Caylee.

As the hearing wrapped up, with little actually ruled on thus far, the hearing turned to the contempt allegations against Baez. Instead of hearing the motion dealing with the prosecution's claims of contempt, both sides agreed that they had reached a resolution and Baez will only get a slap on the wrist. Baez then gave an apology to the court and prosecutors.

Just how many "slaps on the wrist" is Bozo going to get before JP throws the book at him???? frying pan :scratch:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 pm

KC is there...Lavender turtleneck sweater today...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 pm

March 7th Hearing:

Casey in purple sweater w/hair up. One would never know she has been in jail for over two years.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:06 pm

I think Det. Melich is a good looking and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him on the stand.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Melich looked very puzzled about CM's argument that she was not given her Miranda warnings...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Too funny that JP stops and asks CM a question about the handcuffs prior to going to the Sawgrass apartments.
Mason sounds like an idiot!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

GA and CA ought to be ashamed for trying to turn these LE officers into the bad guys...They KNOW that they were trying to find out what had happened to Caylee.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Jeff Ashton got a haircut this weekend...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I would love to know what thoughts are going throught KC's mind as she is sitting there, knowing that this is all a charade...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 pm

I would love to know what Melich and Allen are thinking about now. What a bunch of B.S.!!!!

Mason's voice makes me want to nod off.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Mason is full of it. KC was not under arrest. I hope Perry rules quickly on this motion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

It's ridiculous!!! I cannot wait till LDB gets up there and blows Mason out of the water.

LM, what station are you watching this on?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 pm

CM just mentioned that they had separated Robyn Adams and Sylvia Hernandez from this motion because they had not been able to depose them yet...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:33 pm

http://www.wftv.com/video/27105634/index.html
Seems to be the only link working for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

I think GA and CA HAVE to believe that they were tricked into helping LE because they can't face the fact that they might have done something to help convict their daughter of murder...It is a defense mechanism to keep from dealing with the reality of the situation...If they could go back, CA would never have called LE that night...So sad that Caylee is gone and forgotten as far as they are concerned...KC is still here, and they are willing to do ANYTHING to get her out of another mess...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 pm

I am watching on:

It started a little late, but is on now...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 pm

I agree lisette. Mason is boring me to death.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:48 pm

CM is droning on and on...I bet JP has already made up his mind how he's going to rule, but will probably not rule today...Will read over these cases that CM is citing...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 pm

CM is asking JP to please listen to recorded interview at Universal...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 pm

I am sure your right. Talk about a waste of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 pm

LDB is up...GO, Linda!!
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

lisette wrote:LDB is up...GO, Linda!!
rocking smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Have they shown GA or CA today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Well speak of the devil. They are there.

Last edited by lindamarie on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

LDB is so organized...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Gotta go...hubby just came in with groceries...Have to help him...Shucks!!
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Either George is chewing gum or his cud. I cannot figure out his facial movements.

And, Cindy made some comment to George and George just shook his head.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Linda is making some excellent points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm

10 min recess

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm

No way Perry w/rule in the Defense's favor.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

KC says I got arrested on a f*cking whim today" That about says it all.
LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:55 pm

What LDB is saying right now clearly shows that The Ants were not agents of the state...They were seeking information in order to find Caylee...Their actions were independent of LE's investigation.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Wonder what KC is writing...It's as if she's trying to write down everything that's being said...She's crazy.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum