Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND!

+2
raine1953
artgal16
6 posters

Go down

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Empty TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND!

Post by artgal16 Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 pm

A Bronx mother of four is missing and feared dead - and investigators are eying her husband, a former NYPD cop with a history of domestic violence, sources said.

Tina Adovasio, 40, was last seen leaving the tidy Throgs Neck home she shared with her husband, former housing cop Edwin Coello, about 9 p.m. Friday, sources said.

Police sources told the Daily News the blurry image of a man believed to be Coello was caught on tape dragging a duffel bag "big enough to hold a body" from the home on the same night.

Coello, 40, told police he had an argument with the nurse and mother to his 5-year-old daughter before she stormed out of their Edison Ave. apartment, sources said.

The couple is known for their rocky history; records show Adovasio filed for divorce last month. Coello has been busted at least three times for domestic incidents against Adovasio.

"He had beat her before," Adovasio's mother, Adrienne Susco, told The News. "She needed stitches and had two black eyes," she said of an incident that happened a couple of years ago.

Coello - who was forced to quit in 2000 after reports of domestic abuse against his first wife - was questioned about Adovasio's disappearance. Detectives asked if they could search his car, but Coello clammed up and refused, sources said. He was later released because of lack of evidence, the sources said.

Last night, police found Coello's Nissan Maxima in the Bronx and have a search warrant to look for evidence.

His lawyer, Renee Hill, said Coello has fully cooperated. "He's the one who filed the report," Hill said. "He doesn't know where she is."

But Adovasio's mother disputed the claim. "He lied and told the cops she had run off before and left the kids," Susco said. "Never, ever would she leave her children."

Susco said her daughter took the four children to Florida to get away for a couple of weeks, but that was all.

"Oh, my God, I can't even say how devastating this is. She was so beautiful," said Susco

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Empty Re: TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND!

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Alg_eddie-coello-tina-adovasio
Eddy Coello and wife Tina Adovasio in 2010 photo.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Empty Re: TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND!

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Ex-cop's wife feared slain
Abusive hubby eyed in 'missing' case

The estranged wife of a former NYPD cop is feared dead after mysteriously vanishing from their troubled Bronx home -- and cops are eyeing her abusive hubby as a "person of interest" in the case, police sources said yesterday.
Tina Adovasio -- a beautiful maternity nurse and 40-year-old mom of four -- was last seen at the warring couple's well-kept Throggs Neck home around 9 p.m. Friday, authorities said.
Her husband, ex-housing cop Edwin "Eddy" Coello, 38, told cops she stormed out after a blowout fight. He was the last person to see her alive and called 911 to report her missing, the sources said.
"I heard some yelling around 8 o'clock or so Friday night, but I didn't know where it was coming from," said downstairs neighbor and landlord Frank Scarvelli.
"He beat her up a couple of times" in the past, Scarvelli said. "The last time, she was black and blue. She used to run to my apartment."
Homicide detectives with dogs were brought to the family home yesterday, along with a crime scene unit.
Cops were poring over recent building surveillance video that shows Coello exiting with several large trash bags.
Coello -- who was forced to retire from the department in 2000 over a domestic incident with a previous wife -- has been busted twice for domestic incidents involving Adovasio.
One was for assault in 2007. In 2006 -- the year they were married -- he was arrested for criminal mischief. He also was charged with harassment in 2005, but it was unclear if she was the victim.
Neighbors said Coello still lived there off and on, but that they were headed for divorce because of the fights. The pair have a 5-year-old daughter together.
"It was really bad over the last week or so, up till Friday," noted neighbor Ruben Cordero, who lives next door.
Adovasio has three other children -- Joseph, 16, Alexis, 15, and Michael, 11 -- with ex-husband Joe Adovasio, whom she divorced in 2000 after six years of marriage.
Joe Adovasio called Coello -- who now works as a physician's assistant in White Plains -- "an animal."
"He beat her up about five years ago," Adovasio told The Post. "I guess she was afraid of him. I actually told him, 'You even touch my kids, I'll kill you.' "
The ex and several other sources said Tina received an order of protection against Coello after the beating.
"She called me, and I rushed over . . . She didn't want the kids to see how she looked, with a fractured jaw, three stitches on her eyebrow and black eyes."
He said he last saw his ex-wife about two weeks ago.
Coello was unable to be reached for comment.
His lawyer, Renee Hill, told The Post: "[Adovasio]'s missing. [Coello] filed the missing-persons report, and he has spoken with the police extensively.
"He has been cooperative . . . and we're hoping for her safe return."

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 pm

He is only a person of interest? BS
angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 pm

What part of the policemans oath says to protect and serve right after I beat my wife to death???
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:47 pm

If they have a video of him dragging a duffel bag out of the apartment big enough to hold a body, hes a lot more than a person of interest and I hate that term!
Hes a damn suspect and everyone knows it!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 pm

For some reason I thought on that JVD show that they also saw her leaving the apartment. Maybe I got that part wrong???
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Missing mom found dead; warned to 'look at' hubby if anything happened to her

The bruised body of a Bronx mom — the estranged wife of an abusive ex-NYPD cop — was found tonight in a wooded area off a Westchester highway, police sources told The Post.
Tina Adovasio was discovered by two kids riding ATVs near the Taconic Parkway in Yorktown Heights.
The grim discovery came as it was learned that Adovasio told her divorce lawyer her husband would be to blame if she were ever harmed.
"If anything happens to me, look at him," Tina Adovasio said last month as she took out an order of protection against Eddy Coello, 38, according to police sources.
Coello is a "person of interest" in the pretty maternity nurse’s disappearance, the sources said. He was the last to see her alive and called 911 to report her missing, but has since hired a lawyer and stopped cooperating, sources said.
Cops had been searching for Adovasio’s body yesterday in the vast, 2,764-acre Pelham Bay Park — a short drive from the couple’s Throggs Neck home where the 40-year-old mother of four was last seen around 9 p.m. Friday.
Coello was later seen on surveillance video carrying a sheet and a large duffel bag from the Edison Avenue home.
Detectives have completely focused their probe on Coello.
"One of the cops told me they’re gonna squeeze him till he pops," said Adovasio’s ex-husband, Joseph Adovasio.
Cops impounded Coello’s car today and brought it to a Queens garage, where crime scene detectives scoured it for clues.
Also, investigators from the NYPD and Medical Examiner’s Office — including a blood splatter expert — searched the couple’s home for forensic evidence.
Court records show Coello is a hothead who once went berserk while his wife cradled their crying 1-year-old daughter, Mia, smashing trophies and breaking her cellphone against a wall.
"Wait till you see what I am going to do to your f-¤-¤king car. I am going to break all the windows," Coello screamed in February 2006, the complaint says.
The ex-housing cop was forced to quit the NYPD in 2000 because of a domestic dispute with a previous ex-wife, sources said.
Westchester lawyer Michael Lease, who got Adovasio the order of protection in Bronx Supreme Court on Feb. 25, said Coello was dead set against a divorce.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Oh dear, I just read your post - I knew he killed her.
As to the video I thought I read that there was a video camera somewhere that caught him dragging a duffel bag big enough for a body. I hope they nail the bastard. I wonder where the five year old is.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 am

There was a video at the link above but I cannot get it to play.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

NYPD: Husband Of Bronx Woman Found Dead In Westchester Considered "Person Of Interest"

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told NY1 this afternoon that the husband of a Bronx mother of four found dead yesterday in Westchester County is considered a "person of interest" in the case.
Edwin Coello visited the police precinct this morning, but his attorney says he is not being charged at this time in connection with the disappearance and death of 40-year-old Tina Adovasio.

The former housing officer entered the 45th Precinct in the Bronx at around 10 a.m. and left 20 minutes later. Kelly says Coello was asked to provide a DNA sample and he refused.

Adovasio's body was found last night by teenagers riding ATVs near the Taconic State Parkway. Her body was stuffed in a plastic bag and dumped in a wooded area. The medical examiner confirmed the identity this morning.

Coello had told police Adovasio left their Throggs Neck home Friday after the two had an argument.
According to law enforcement sources, sometime later, a surveillance camera outside the house caught the image of a man carrying a shovel and something large wrapped in a sheet.

NY1 has been told that police with a search warrant later found a shovel and sheet in Coello's car.

Adovasio had reportedly filed for divorce and sources tell NY1 that she had taken out an order of protection against Coello within the last month. Sources tell NY1 Coello abused Adovasio in the years they had been married, including once threatening her as she held their baby daughter.

Coello resigned from the New York City Police Department a decade ago following allegations he abused his first wife.

Adovasio's first husband says she suffered physical abuse from Coello – and believes he's responsible for her death.

“Without a doubt, without a doubt,” said Joseph Adovasio. “Look at his history, look at his history. She was quiet about this. Even the children did not...I guess they feared for their lives. Honestly."

An autopsy will determine the cause of death.

The case has been turned over to the Bronx district attorney.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is a video that can't be brought over, it shows Tina's husband going into the police station and coming out.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Empty Tina Adovasio, with her daughter, Mia, 5

Post by Nama Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 pm

TINA ADOVASIO MOTHER OF FOUR FEARED MISSING AND DEAD - EX HUSBAND FORMER COP QUESTIONED / TINA'S BODY HAS BEEN FOUND! Bilde2-2
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 pm

She was a beautiful woman...So sad.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down