Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le

+2
Lilone
lisette
6 posters

Go down

Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le Empty Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le

Post by lisette Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

I thought there was a thread on this case here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Suspect in Killing of Yale Graduate Student Pleads Guilty to Murder, Attempted Rape
Published March 17, 2011
FoxNews.co
Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le AnnieLeLab technician Raymond Clark III, right, pleaded guilty Thursday to murdering Yale graduate student Annie Le, left, just days before her wedding (AP).

A Yale University lab technician pleaded guilty Thursday to murder and attempted sexual assault of a graduate student killed just days before her wedding.
Raymond Clark III, a former animal research technician charged with strangling 24-year-old Annie Le of Placerville, Calif., entered the plea in court Thursday after an agreement with prosecutors.
Prosecutors said Clark, 26, will be sentenced to 44 years in prison as part of a plea deal, ctnow.com reports.
Le's body was found stuffed behind a research lab wall on the day she was supposed to get married in September 2009. The young woman was strangled and had a broken jaw and collarbone, prosecutors said. Her underwear had also been disarranged.
Police have said a green-ink pen under Le's body had her blood and Clark's DNA. Police said Clark signed into the secure building with a green pen the day Le disappeared. Prosecutors said Clark's semen was also found on a panty liner worn by Le.
Court papers describe a bloody crime scene and Clark's efforts to scrub floors. Investigators say Clark tried to hide a box of cleaning wipes that later was found to have traces of Le's blood.
Clark had a scratch on his face and left arm that he said came from a cat, investigators said.
Le was a doctoral pharmacology student who worked on a team that experimented on mice as part of research into enzymes that could have implications for treatment of cancer, diabetes and muscular dystrophy.
At her memorial service, family and friends remembered for her academic success, sense of humor, ambition, love for shoe-shopping and love for her fiance, Jonathan Widawsky.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le Empty Re: Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le

Post by Lilone Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 am

44 years is not even enough time for this monster to think about what he did. 44 years will never serve to justify the violence that took place that day in that lab. 44 years is a joke in the face of an innocent Annie Le, who was looking forward to her future, her career and her new marriage. 44 years will never erase the memories of those who loved her, that she was found on the very day she should have been walking down the aisle with her new husband. He probably won't even serve the full 44 years...
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le Empty Re: Raymond Clark III pleads guilty to killing Annie Le

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 am

I thought we had a thread going on Annie as well. Your correct this is the only one at this time. I agree 44 yrs don't seem like enough. He will be 70 yrs old when he gets out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:48 pm

He won't get out. With luck this weenie will be beaten to death by Big Bubba and his henchmen in prison.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Charm, I think you are right. He's a small man (and I mean this in a demoralizing way), along w/ the crime he committed the inmates will get him.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:00 pm

44 years in the clink. Not enough but I guess the judge said the plea spares Annies and Clarks parents the trial.

It is what it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 am

"Clark III was sentenced to 20 years in prison for attempting sexual assault on Annie Le and 44 years in prison for murdering her, and both of the sentences would run parallel.
"Mr. Clark is 26 years old. He will not be released from prison until 2053," said Attorney John Waddock." <----------from the above link.
44 years. Not enough. He'll be 70 in 2053 and it's very possible he'll reoffend. I understand the family of Annie Le's not wanting to go thru' a trial but I'd sure feel better if he had to serve the 44 and then the 20.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:59 am

I completely agree, Raine.

This is really bugging me because I KNOW we have a huge thread on this horrific crime and I've searched high and low.

At the time, Clark was engaged to be married as was Annie Le.

I remember when her body was finally found in a little cubby hole. And, his reasoning was due to jealousy of her intelligence IIRC. I know that sounds crazy3 but from what I remember, that was why he killed her.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Murdered student's mom sues Yale: 'She died for nothing'
Annie Le was the victim of a brutal killing; her mother says the university is responsible

updated 9/9/2011 9:42:40 AM ET

It’s been two years since Vivian Le suffered the horror of finding out her daughter Annie had been brutally murdered at the hands of a lab technician while working in a research center at Yale University. Today, she still finds herself telling people she still has both a son and a daughter.

It’s been two years since Vivian Le suffered the horror of finding out her daughter Annie had been murdered at the hands of a lab technician in a research center at Yale University. Now, she's suing the school.

“Every day I try to tell myself I think she hasn’t left me, she’s still with me,” Le told NBC News' Jeff Rossen. “When someone asks me, ‘How many children do you have?’ I always say I have two, even though she passed away.”

Story: Yale lab tech gets 44 years for killing student
Now, Vivan Le is pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit against Yale. In a 10-page document filed Tuesday, Le accuses the university of failing to protect women on its New Haven, Conn., campus and turning a blind eye to aggressive behavior by males.

Le appeared exclusively on TODAY Friday with her family’s attorney Joe Tacopina to discuss the lawsuit. She told Ann Curry she's filing the suit in hopes to stop her family’s nightmare from ever happening to another Yale student.

“I’m standing for my daughter, because I don’t want anybody to be killed like my daughter,” she told Curry.
“She died for nothing; she died in vain, and I want Yale to protect the students. Yale had let (the murder) happen and you have to be responsible for that.”

At issue is whether the university could have known lab technician Raymond Clark was capable of the horrific crime against Annie Le, 24, the daughter of Vietnamese immigrants whose body was found stuffed behind a wall at the Yale Animal Research Center Sept. 13, 2009, five days after she was reported missing. Tragically, her body was found on the day she was to marry Jonathon Widawski, a Columbia University student, in New York City.

In responding to the Le family lawsuit, the university issued a statement saying, “Yale had no information indicating that Raymond Clark was capable of committing this terrible crime, and no reasonable security measures could have prevented this unforeseeable act.”

But attorney Tacopina told Curry on TODAY Friday that Yale’s “culture of tolerance” for aggressive male behavior “was alive and well” in the case of Clark.

While Curry noted Clark, now serving 44 years in prison after pleading guilty to Le’s slaying, had no previous criminal record, Tacopina asserted the university had received complaints about him.

“They had other students and other lab employees who had made complaints about Ray Clark,” Tacopina said. “One of the problems is Ray Clark’s supervisor…was his brother-in-law, and his brother-in-law obviously was someone who was perhaps receiving complaints and didn’t act on them. Yale is responsible for that. They had prior notice about him.”

Tacopina also noted an investigation by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights is ongoing at the university, after 16 current and former students at Yale filed a Title IX lawsuit in March, claiming the university fails to properly deal with accusations of harassment and assault on female students.

“Yale had this long-standing, documented problem; there’s a culture of tolerance there for sort of allowing sexual harassment and assaults on women,” Tacopina told Curry. “It’s well-documented.”

Ironically, Le had written an article in 2009 for a campus medical journal titled, “Crime and Safety in New Haven.” She was in her third year at Yale, enrolled in the doctoral program for pharmacology when she went missing on Sept. 8, 2009. Key card access showed both Le and Clark were at the research center late that morning.

Two days after Le’s body, partially clothed and badly beaten, including many broken bones, was found behind the wall of the center’s locker room, police searched Clark’s home and found a DNA match to link Clark to the murder. He pleaded guilty in June, and while not eligible for parole, could be released from prison in 2053.

On TODAY Friday, Le lamented the loss of her daughter, saying she would have “become a very good scientist” who would have done good work “on behalf of the country.” But personally, she still achingly feels the void of losing her only daughter.

“I love Annie; I’m missing her a lot,” she said. “I’m missing her every day, and I want the world to know that.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down