#5 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City,TX/ Billie has been arrested/ News Conference on 3/30: Hailey may be deceased

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: #5 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City,TX/ Billie has been arrested/ News Conference on 3/30: Hailey may be deceased

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 am

Kampfer has told KTXS News that officials have reasons to believe that Hailey Dunn is deceased. He said they couldn't say what those reasons were because this an on-going investigation.

He also told KTXS officials plan to announce at the news conference that stipulations for the reward money have now changed, with emphasis on finding the whereabouts of Hailey – as opposed to previous stipulations based on her safe return or a successful prosecution.

"Previously the reward reflected statements, aspects related to successful prosecution and or returning Hailey in good order," Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said. "We delineated that and said anything leading to her whereabouts.
==================================

Looks like LE believes somebody aside from Billie and Shawn may know where to find Hailey. I don't know if $15k will motivate someone holding such damning information to come forward, if they haven't by now. But, maybe so? Sad. LE has been saying for 3 months that they have hope Hailey will be found alive. I wonder if they now have some evidence to prove otherwise or if it's just the passage of time and continued deception of Billie and Shawn (and possibly some associates) that has eroded that hope.

Last edited by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting)

truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: #5 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City,TX/ Billie has been arrested/ News Conference on 3/30: Hailey may be deceased

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 am

I firmly believe once the remains are found, the arrest or arrests is going to be swift.
Someone needs to come forward and take the money. Of course most of us would come forward without having to take the money.

I am curious as to whether someone called about wanting the money but wasn't sure the way the reward offer was worded.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 am

I remember in the HaLeigh Cummings case after a good year of not finding her, LE Finally announced they believed HaLeigh was dead due to a homicide. They did not offer any proof for their theory. No one but the family (and maybe a few bloggers) held out any hope she was alive. So, IMO, this is not really news to any of us. It's now been over 2 years and she has still not been found.

I think after Billie stated they'd have another vigil at the 6th month mark may have given them reason to announce what they already have known.

What if they don't ever find her body? I still think there is a very good possibility she was traded to sex traffickers.

And, I thought the reward was $15,500.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am

Wrapitup wrote:I remember in the HaLeigh Cummings case after a good year of not finding her, LE Finally announced they believed HaLeigh was dead due to a homicide. They did not offer any proof for their theory. No one but the family (and maybe a few bloggers) held out any hope she was alive. So, IMO, this is not really news to any of us. It's now been over 2 years and she has still not been found.

I think after Billie stated they'd have another vigil at the 6th month mark may have given them reason to announce what they already have known.

What if they don't ever find her body? I still think there is a very good possibility she was traded to sex traffickers.
And, I thought the reward was $15,500.

I would like to hope she is alive but very unlikely. I keep going back to SA's polys when he said to look at both of them as being responsible. Poly also indicated he was truthful when he said she can be found in Scurry County.
I am very sad, but 99% sure she is deceased.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 am

KRBC TV
Pete Kampfer tells Jessica Reyes reports noting he believes Hailey Dunn is dead are not accurate. Kampfer says no one really knows what happened to Hailey.
27 minutes ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
=============================
Now, this just makes me mad. Kampfer should not speak. I have nothing against the man, but he is always changing and retracting statements (maybe Billie understands him, but I get dizzy).

gnreed, I agree about LE possibly getting inquiries about the reward money, which previously only applied to the recovery of a live Hailey. That may be the motivation to change the stipulations. Also, the drug culture is selfish and greedy. This might put Shawn and Billie under more pressure; who can they really trust? Maybe this relates to the search announcement warning too; if you're trying to pry out information from anyone close to the suspect(s) or if you're buddying up to them to get information, know who you are dealing with.

Let's see what Kampfer actually says at 9 am PST.
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 am

gnreed said:
Poly also indicated he was truthful when he said she can be found in Scurry County.
I had forgotten about that. But, didn't the cell phone pings indicate that Shawn was at Billie's as opposed at his mother's or grandmother's home? IIRC, cell phone pings indicated he was at Billie's for 3 hours after he "quit his job". I can't remember how long the pings indicated he was in Scurry County on the 27th. Unless of course, she was murdered and buried in Scurry County on the night of the 26th. Did LE ever release ping info for that night?

Sorry if my post is confusing. That is because I am confused. :scratch:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 am

Wrapitup wrote:gnreed said:
Poly also indicated he was truthful when he said she can be found in Scurry County.
I had forgotten about that. But, didn't the cell phone pings indicate that Shawn was at Billie's as opposed at his mother's or grandmother's home? IIRC, cell phone pings indicated he was at Billie's for 3 hours after he "quit his job". I can't remember how long the pings indicated he was in Scurry County on the 27th. Unless of course, she was murdered and buried in Scurry County on the night of the 26th. Did LE ever release ping info for that night?

Sorry if my post is confusing. That is because I am confused. :scratch:

The only cell pings released for Shawn are from the morning of Monday the 27th. They put him back in Colorado City pinging off the tower that services Billie's house from 6:35 to 6:56 a.m., then his phone went out of commission until 9:20 a.m. when he was pinging at mom's in Big Spring. I think Shawn took his battery out when he went to move Hailey on Monday morning. He either disposed of her on Monday morning when his phone was out of commission, or he transported her somewhere and disposed of her on Tuesday, 12/28 before he went to Billie's around 4 p.m. to help her file the missing person's report. (Of course, he could have moved her on Sunday p.m. too). I wish we knew more about Shawn's whereabouts for those 3 days.
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 am

tbt said:
then his phone went out of commission until 9:20 a.m. when he was pinging at mom's in Big Spring. I think Shawn took his battery out when he went to move Hailey on Monday morning.
Either that, or he simply turned off his phone. But this makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:57 am

Same ole Pete. Now he is saying it is HIS opinion Hailey is deceased or under duress.

I am not looking forward to this news conference. Same song, different verse.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 am

Wrapitup wrote:tbt said:
then his phone went out of commission until 9:20 a.m. when he was pinging at mom's in Big Spring. I think Shawn took his battery out when he went to move Hailey on Monday morning.
Either that, or he simply turned off his phone. But this makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Thanks Wrap! The ping thing confuses me! Some say phones won't ping when turned off, others say only when the battery is out. Either way, there's a reason his phone went out of service for 90 minutes that morning. If the phone will stop pinging if it's simply turned off, bet he'll claim it just ran out of charge. Neither he nor Billie has given any reasonable explanation for him being back in CCity that morning. The lame excuse that he drove past CCity on the 208 to get on the highway towards Big Spring doesn't hold water - he wouldn't be pinging off of Billie's cell tower for 21 minutes if he was driving past little ole CCity at highway speed. JMO...
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 am

Bigcountryhomepage.com will attempt to stream that news conference live over the internet.
Here's the link to the live stream; hope it works this time!

truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 am

No solid leads in the case, prompted the change, said City Manager Pete Kampfer, who said there is reason to believe Dunn is deceased.

"There is some reason to think that because we haven't located her," Kampfer said. "I can't say law enforcement thinks that way, but I believe she is either deceased or under duress."

===================================

Oh, for Pete's sake, somebody else really needs to do the talking. What the heck?

P.s. 26 minutes til press conference; hope somebody from LE is there to give updates.

truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

Per the comments on the FB pages and other blogs everyone is upset that there may be an announcement this morning that LE thinks Hailey is deceased. This isn't what any of us want to hear, but these same people think that Shawn Adkins is responsible for her disappearance. You can't have it both ways. Do they all think that Hailey's alive and well and that Shawn is hiding her at the Ritz? I think the reality is that a live breathing Hailey isn't coming home and I think the best any of us can hope for now is that there's an arrest in the case very soon.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

JMO Billie has said so many times in so many ways Hailey is dead. I dont find this announcment as a shocking thing at all.
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

I agree with you BJ and Slys Hunny. Though no one wants to believe Hailey is dead, I'd like to officially here that it's a homicide investigation if that is indeed where the evidence leads. Enough double talk from all sides; what's the real deal? Hopefully we'll get some answers in 10 minutes (but my expectations are low).
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Normal VIDEO/ Officials Believe Hailey Dunn Is Dead; Reward Now Focused On Her Whereabouts

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 am

tbt, this link doesn't work:

Do they all think that Hailey's alive and well and that Shawn is hiding her at the Ritz? I think the reality is that a live breathing Hailey isn't coming home and I think the best any of us can hope for now is that there's an arrest in the case very soon

BJ, You're too funny. "The Ritz". I think the best we can hope for is that they tell us Shawn is in custody. Dream on.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

Wrapitup wrote:tbt, this link doesn't work:

Do they all think that Hailey's alive and well and that Shawn is hiding her at the Ritz? I think the reality is that a live breathing Hailey isn't coming home and I think the best any of us can hope for now is that there's an arrest in the case very soon

BJ, You're too funny. "The Ritz". I think the best we can hope for is that they tell us Shawn is in custody. Dream on.

truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks, TBT!! 2 minutes and counting!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

The stream isn't working for me dang it!

If someone can post what is said, much appreciated!!!!
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 am

but PK isn't on yet.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 am

this stream link is working
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 am

They need to start making sense. They need to either put up or shut up.

I wish somebody with money would offer a huge reward and see if that would rattle some cages.

Of course they offered $150,000 for Morgan Harrington and that drew nothing.

I think Shawn might have told somebody...something.

He likes to brag. But that somebody might be loyal and I don't think that family would talk for a million bucks.

If like gnreed speculated they found evidence of Haileys demise in the Lumina then they are digging for more.

Time is on their side. Both BD and SA have no jobs and are depending on others for support. That will wear thin.

Patience people..patience.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks! Just went there, heard about 10 seconds of what he is saying and went to commercial...back on now. WTH?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 am

Gosh, Pete is definitely a politician. Very hard to get a clear message from what he is saying...
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am

Reward money will not depend on a successful prosecution. Hoping to get 2nd or 3rd hand info where Hailey is.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:16 am

Suggestion that Hailey might have been photographed against her will.....because of the child porn found in the home. PK's own opinion.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am

He has "no direct knowledge" on anything. LE should be speaking. Not PK! angry

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

At a news conference Wednesday in Colorado City, TX, law enforcement agencies announced changes to the details of the reward offered in the Hailey Dunn missing person case.

The reward of $15,000 is now being offered for any information that leads to the whereabouts of Hailey Dunn. Previous stipulations for the reward money were based on her safe return or a successful prosecution.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

Poor PK. He can't get back to his life of being a City Manager while the Hailey Dunn case is not resolved. Sarcasm

Texas Has to have a body to arrest, according to him. Shawn is probably doing a dance right now. WTF

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am

In a nutshell, Pete thinks Hailey is dead or under duress. He can't say 100% that she didn't run away, but not likely. He thinks maybe she was photographed against her will. He is working to gather more reward money to elicit second or third hand info about where Hailey may be located. He (unwisely imo) said the reward money could reach six figures (until you have it hand, Pete, why say that? encouraging someone with info to wait until it rises, imo).

All just Pete's opinions as a city manager; not the DA or LE's official positions.

truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am

Interesting that they are still "live streaming" and LE is talking to PK. So, LE was standing there the whole time. WHY didn't they speak?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am

Maybe David has given them a reason to think his sister is deceased?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:38 am

Before the live stream was cut off PK said something about looking for a new job and asking someone to be a reference for him. WTF Strangest Press Conf I've ever heard.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am

Live feed still on....... Do they know it? Someone is making strange noises....sort of like funny singing.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by sdillard on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am

Is there some place to see the press conference in archive? I couldnt get the live stream...
sdillard

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am

BJ wrote:Before the live stream was cut off PK said something about looking for a new job and asking someone to be a reference for him. WTF Strangest Press Conf I've ever heard.

Lol! He's done that before; was flirting with a reporter about her boots and talking about a Mexican food joint before one of his earlier pressers. Hey Pete, if you're miked up, better to be safe than sorry! He said something like, "I'm probably toast and will need a reference for a new job"... after he thought the recording had cut off this morning. Embarrassing to LE, imo.. Kampfer really shouldn't do these pressers any more. Better not to have one at all, than to have one that says nothing and is pure confusion... JMO...
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:49 am

He's still talking..a new interview.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 am

Wrapitup wrote:He's still talking..a new interview.

I stopped listening, just can't take it... la la la
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 am

I just deleted my live feed video because it's really over now.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:55 am

Hope everyone knows I am kidding.

I moved here from Florida where there is the Sunshine Law. Therefore, I'm used to having everything out in the open. And, they arrest w/out a body if they have enough evidence.

So, now I live in Texas. I feel like I am living in the 19th century. At least I know if I knock someone off, they won't do a damned thing w/out a body. Sarcasm affraid faint duct and run

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:58 am

That pretty much conferms that Haileys pictures were found in the child porn. Poor baby I wonder if she caught him in the act and threatened to turn him in so he got rid of her? Then for Billie to out and out lie and say no CP was found when her own daughter is on it. What is this woman thinking. The more I hear the more I think she was jealous of Hailey and helped kill her. JMO
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 pm

I didn't listen to the presser. Was Pete speaking of the BD residence when he said there were alot of people in and out of the residence?

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm

gnreed, do you think LE is using Kampfer to get the suspect(s) riled up without showing LE's hand? He did say that family was very upset and had tried to get in to the presser this morning (if I heard correctly). Man, I hope this presser was an intentional strategy, otherwise, it was a lots of words that said a whole lotta nothing.

P.s. If Billie and Shawn are guilty and others have guilty knowledge, I'd be getting more nervous and paranoid if I were them. LE is sweetening the pot; hope it works... And, would Kampfer say he thought Hailey could have been unwillingly photographed if there wasn't some LE suspicion of the same (I still thinks masks are involved)? Guess I'm looking to make something good of this presser...
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

gnreed wrote:I didn't listen to the presser. Was Pete speaking of the BD residence when he said there were alot of people in and out of the residence?

That's what I understood.
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:29 pm

"truthbtold" - gnreed, do you think LE is using Kampfer to get the suspect(s) riled up without showing LE's hand? He did say that family was very upset and had tried to get in to the presser this morning (if I heard correctly). Man, I hope this presser was an intentional strategy, otherwise, it was a lots of words that said a whole lotta nothing.
I believe they are using Kampfer for a number of reasons. With numerous people maybe involved, it could be a good strategy.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 pm

He strikes me as the "fall guy", the "messenger". I can just hear LE saying: "Remember to say this, but don't say that."

Isn't there a Mayor of CC? Someone with more authority? Pete just doesn't come across as someone w/any backbone.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:39 pm

gnreed wrote:
"truthbtold" - gnreed, do you think LE is using Kampfer to get the suspect(s) riled up without showing LE's hand? He did say that family was very upset and had tried to get in to the presser this morning (if I heard correctly). Man, I hope this presser was an intentional strategy, otherwise, it was a lots of words that said a whole lotta nothing.
I believe they are using Kampfer for a number of reasons. With numerous people maybe involved, it could be a good strategy.

Thanks gnreed. And, I just read a few comments elsewhere; the posters also heard Kampfer say that people were in and out of Billie's house. It was the first time I've heard that stated officially. I do remember thinking it was odd that Billie kept saying she had lots of people at the house with her in the early days after Hailey was reported missing. She didn't say family, IIRC. Who are all of these people? Are they the same people that attended the New Years Eve party? Why haven't they come forward to verify Billie's assertion that there wasn't a party and LE is lying? How many people might have knowledge about Hailey?

Last edited by truthbtold on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarify)
truthbtold

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 pm

I would like to know what kind of party the NYE party was. It scares me to think about what all was taking place in that residence. What kind of hell was Hailey going through. I haven't heard it yet, but Pete said Hailey may have been photographed without her knowledge??
This really makes me angry. It's probable Hailey was found in some of the pics from the computer or memory stick.
Someone needs to come forward with the information.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 pm

gnreed said:
I haven't heard it yet, but Pete said Hailey may have been photographed without her knowledge??
I missed that part..didn't start listening until the 8 minute mark. Is that true?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Pete stated, "It's possible she was photographed against her will."

I will attempt to find a link. I am at work with limited resources at the moment.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum