Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

+16
laga
mommyof3kids
HippieChick
raine1953
littlehalfpint
Praying For Faith
Slys Hunny
Lilone
Wrapitup
Nama
charminglane
Heike
jeanne1807
artgal16
cherylz
lisette
20 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by lisette Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Artgal, motions yet to be ruled on:

Root Growth Evidence
Decomposition Odor in Trunk/Air Tests Showing Decomposition in Trunk (Not sure if this is one motion or two)
Reconsider Ruling on Stain in Trunk
Exclusion of Photos During 31 Days (Again!)

I think that's all...Anybody?

lisette

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~

Post by lisette Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Casey Anthony trial: A judge's visit to Palm Beach County could be a scouting trip for murder trial

By DAPHNE DURET AND SUSAN SPENCER-WENDEL
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Updated: 9:05 p.m. Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Posted: 8:56 p.m. Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WEST PALM BEACH — Look around. A potential juror in arguably the highest-profile murder case in the country could be among your neighbors.

Though court officials both locally and in Orlando refuse to confirm even the possibility that jurors in the Casey Anthony murder trial will come from Palm Beach County, the presence of the judge presiding over the case at the downtown West Palm Beach courthouse Wednesday fueled speculation that panelists could be chosen from this area.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry of Orlando walked through the courthouse lobby Wednesday with Palm Beach County Chief Judge Peter Blanc and a handful of sheriff's officials.

"I'm just here with my friend," was all Perry said, referring to Blanc.

Belvin has granted a request from Anthony's attorneys to have jurors picked from outside the Orlando area. According to the Orlando Sentinel, jury selection is scheduled to begin May 9 and jurors would be brought to Orlando and sequestered for a trial at the Orange County Courthouse beginning May 17.

The jury selection site will be announced May 6.

Court orders specify that the alternate county must have similar demographics to Orlando's Orange Country - and Palm Beach County, as it turns out, is a good match. According to census information, the two counties have similar education, income, and age and race balances.

Jury administrators for the county courthouse say no one has asked them to request more jurors than usual for the week of May 9, which would have been a sign that jurors would be picked from Palm Beach County.

Court administrators in Orange County would not say Wednesday whether Perry had even selected another county for jury selection, but Karen Levey, director of due process for the 9th Judicial Circuit, said Perry has been visiting courthouses in other counties to see which ones could properly accommodate jury selection for a case of such magnitude.

"I can't say whether that's why he was there. ... I have no idea," Levey said. "The venue location, if one has been chosen, is completely confidential."

The confidentiality surrounding the jury selection location is to protect Anthony's right to a fair trial and impartial jury.

Twelve jurors and eight alternates will be selected.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, and said a baby sitter kidnapped the toddler.

Caylee disappeared in June 2008 but wasn't reported missing until almost a month later. Her remains were found in December 2008 in woods not far from where she lived with her mother and grandparents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 am

There are a lot of rich people in Palm Beach County. They won't take a liking to Casey OR her family at all.

One thing I don't like if JP chooses this county is it is quite near Dade County (Miami). That is where Baez wants the jury to come from.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 am

Have you all seen this?

You have to hit "like" in order to see everything. Pretty interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 am

Casey Anthony Update: Judge Perry Says Chloroform Evidence Is a Go!
Posted on April 27th, 2011 by Jan Barrett

A new ruling was sent out this afternoon by Judge Belvin Perry in the trial of Casey Anthony, the mother fighting for her life that is accused of murdering her own 2 year old child, from Orlando Florida in June 2008.

Judge Perry has ruled that the jury in the trial will be allowed to hear testimony concerning the chloroform that was detected in the defendant’s car trunk. Perry wrote that Arpad Vass who is a research scientist from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, will be allowed to testify at the trial about chloroform being found in the car and how it was determined to have been there, but the prosecution will once again have to establish a proper foundation in order for it to be used in the trial.

The way I see it is that this is a major issue against the defense team especially with the previous rulings made on Tuesday concerning the “heart sticker” evidence, the cadaver dogs search and the hair that was found in the trunk showing the death band ring. Even though the defense was asking to have them all removed the judge has decided they will all be allowed in the trial for the jury to hear about if a proper foundation is established.

Meanwhile it is being reported that Fox TV’s Geraldo Rivera plans to cover the trial once it starts and he is making claims that he plans to take Orlando by storm. “We’re going to raise some hell down there in Orlando and bust apart some of the preconceived notions that may exist,” said Rivera on his TV show. Is this something he and Baez could have made plans for on the day they were spotted on Geraldo’s boat together?

I think it would be rather amusing if the public treated Geraldo like the people in Putnam County, mainly the father of the missing child, Haleigh Cumming did. Basically you can say the man was run out of town and certainly wasn’t welcome there to investigate.

Haleigh Cummings case is another high-profile case in Florida. Haleigh was reported missing on February 10, 2009 and has yet to be found. People fear the case has just about gone into the cold case filed since all the prosecutors key people involved are in prison now on drug charges. I don’t agree though, I still think the ones responsible are patting themselves on the back congratulating themselves for a job well done in hiding what happened to that baby and I don’t think that person is behind bars, but that is of course my own opinion.

As for Geraldo Rivera covering the trial in Orlando, I am not really surprised but I do not understand why all the videos online that showed him with Baez and Baez’s wife on his boat have been deleted. I did however find a snapshot of them but it is not a very good one. When I clicked where it says to e image” I got a page saying it had been deleted. I do wonder if perhaps they didn’t want that seen by the public. Oh well!

In the end it doesn’t matter who is reporting on this case, even though I know some are doing it only for the publicity, it is not to make a name for anyone. To me it is so the public can establish some sort of faith back in our justice system if and when Caylee Marie Anthony finally gets some justice in this. She is the one that had her life ripped away from her and she is the one looking down from heaven waiting to get that justice. The world is waiting along with her as well. We are praying for you Caylee always.

Jan Barrett

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 am

I have totally lost respect for Geraldo. He is a has-been. Lies
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 am

I agree grrrr
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 am

Geraldo is shaking the money tree and right now it is in Orlando. Baez and Geraldo have been buddies since day one.

Geraldo gives Baez a forum and Baez gives Geraldo the news. Kind of a you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Actually I kind of liked Geraldo in Satsuma. I thought he was the first one to call out Ron and Teresa Cummings in that backyard. I still remember it and they got really angry.

He had their number early on and it was the good folks..Cummings and their family..that ran Geraldo out.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 am

I think Geraldo carrys a bad image because of that nutsy show he did with the locked "treasure" when there was nothing in the box.

I kind of like his reporting. It is a bit trashy and enquirer like but I enjoy it.

I am always a bit off beat I guess.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 am

Geraldo is with Fox news right? Well, then that explains it. Who does he really think he is? Like he knows anything about this case. He will be "brushing up" with tips from Baez.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 am

Jeanne said:
Actually I kind of liked Geraldo in Satsuma. I thought he was the first one to call out Ron and Teresa Cummings in that backyard. I still remember it and they got really angry.
I think you mean Teresa Neves, Ron's mother.

Have to see this again, and I agree with you about his trip to Satsuma:

Wish Casey and Ron were in the same cell. They could keep one-upping each other with their lies! crazy3 crazy 1 Lies BS

"I will believe she is alive until she is found." thinking
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:34 am

I can't stand Geraldo...I used to like to watch him, but, when he was covering Haleigh's case, he kept making it sound like he would have new information on his upcoming show. But when you watched, it was just reruns. I emailed him complaining about it and got a very sarcastic email back. I can't remember the exact wording, but I decided right then, and let him know, that I would NEVER watch him again. He just hypes everything and most of the time, doesn't even know what he is talking about! And since I found that he and Bozo are buddies, that seals the deal for me. OK, I'm through... soap box
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 am

lisette wrote:I can't stand Geraldo...I used to like to watch him, but, when he was covering Haleigh's case, he kept making it sound like he would have new information on his upcoming show. But when you watched, it was just reruns. I emailed him complaining about it and got a very sarcastic email back. I can't remember the exact wording, but I decided right then, and let him know, that I would NEVER watch him again. He just hypes everything and most of the time, doesn't even know what he is talking about! And since I found that he and Bozo are buddies, that seals the deal for me. OK, I'm through... soap box

I agree, except I never liked to watch him for many reasons. Eeewww Barf BS
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Air Samples Are IN!!!!!!!! :cheering:
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Thank you Wrap that was to me the best video of Ron and company to come out of that whole mess. Showed us who he really was.
Sure he didn't do drugs. Now I wonder how much of the other was true. Did he hit Crystal when she was pregnant? Did marijuana plants grow in his living room?

I guess that was one of Geraldo's best interviews. He went nose to nose with a bad guy.

I kind of take him for what he is. A guy taking the quick buck on anything he can find.

Right now it is Baez and Casey Anthony. Just watch his ratings will go way up. More money to be made.

I am sure he will say all kinds of things to get the public to watch him and his magic show.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Hearing monday at 9:30 am Eastern. I cant find anything yet on the air samples!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:38 pm

ORLANDO --
New decisions in the case against Casey Anthony.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry has denied Casey's defense's second attempt to have trunk stain evidence thrown out.

Perry also ruled the state's expert botanist will be allowed to testify during the trial. Casey's defense didnt want him to take the stand.

A status hearing has been set for Monday, May 2 at 9:40 a.m.

The trial is expected to begin May 17.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 pm

I am sure Baez wants to seat a mostly-Hispanic jury from Miami.
I don't like Geraldo either and his hanging w/ his bud Jose makes me like him even less...he is annoying with his false bravado and general BS as Jose is with his doofus-osity.

You know what I mean..

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 pm

"he is annoying with his false bravado and general BS as Jose is with his doofus-osity."

:tongue in chee:
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Its hard to know about any county, what exactly the demographics are. Casey is not in a minority, PB doesnt have a high minority population, also probably rather high income, and less likely to follow this case much but you just never know about juries.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Laying in bed sick this morning I saw a in depth interview with Jose Baez on Insession. Anyone else watch it? To me it seemed like Jose is trying to clean up his image a bit before trial. I was not buying it at all. Not his so called "Toys for kids from Parents incarcerated". I was like WTH? And he volunteers and even buys the toys for the kids with the exception of last year because of time constraints.
BS

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

LM, thanks for posting this. I will have to be in the right frame of mind before I can watch this. Otherwise, I might not have a computer if I watch it right now. Smash PC

p.s. You must be sick if you were in bed all day. Are you going to see a doctor?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Thurs., Apr. 28, rulings from JP:

Root Growth Testimony from Dr. Hall:

Denial of Reconsideration of Trunk Stain Evidence:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 am

Additional Defense Witnesses for Penalty Phase:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

LindaMarie - Hope you feel better!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 pm

A bozo is a bozo is a bozo. pick in
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

LM, I hope you feel better too.

If anyone is interested I saw Jose's part 1 interview Thurs and took brief notes-quotes by Baez that will make you go The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 402864 The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 143979 The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 856820 The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 774358 and a little bit of The case against Casey Anthony ~ April 2011~ - Page 14 463519 . If anybody want to read them I will post them.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Hippie, please post the quotes..I really don't feel like watching the video...Thanks!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:13 pm

[color=blue]OMG watching it was really a snoozer, I had forgotten about this BS interview and just happened to catch it 5 min before it started.

Interview from 4-28-2011 InSessions; Jose Baez:

*Criminal justice system is fundamentally unfair and it has been unfair to Casey.

*Every defense has an uphill battle.

*Presumption of innocence is going to be our biggest challenge.

*I wish all missing children got this kind of attention
(referring to Caylee)

*Cindy Anthony is very outspoken and therefore "fuels the fire"

*I'm not an entertainer, I'm a lawyer- my client is innocent.

*I will not allow my case to turn into entertainment.

And then I fell asleep. Gawd I cannot imagine a couple months-long trial and not going comatose.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:17 pm

lisette wrote:Additional Defense Witnesses for Penalty Phase:

Who is Jeanne Pleasa? Obviously a relative, what will she be saying? Never heard of her before.
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Jeanne Plesea is Cindy's sister-in-law, her brother Daniel's wife.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

what the hell will she have to say thats positive about casey? Why would the defense have them as a witness...defense just keeps getting more and more stupid...

crazy3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:44 am

Hippie, Don't forget that Bozo stated he wanted to be in law enforcement and only started law school because of a "girl". She was going to law school and told him it would be great if they both were getting a law degree so he said, "why not?" But, once he started law school, he "fell in love with it." He said he was an intern for the prosecution for "one day" and "knew this wasn't for him, so he walked across the street and interned for the defense and felt right at home." He said that he loves people and when you're a prosecutor, you don't have to develop a rapport with another human being, and that is what he loves about being a defense attorney." That he has built his reputation on "word of mouth; he doesn't advertise on TV, doesn't have billboard ad's, it's all word of mouth."

This was just the first segment. It was all I could take.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:46 am

Yes he said all of that too but by the time he was talking about those things, I had decided writing down his drivel wasn't worth the ink in my pen. He sure is a strange little man.
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Some news organizations have filed a motion for reconsideration of the confidentiality agreement that JP said they had to sign to be told the locale of jury selection on the day before (May 8)...If they don't sign, they don't get the word until and hour before it starts. Motion says that this is against the First Amendment:

Motion:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Casey Anthony trial: State wants transcripts of George and Cindy Anthony's court testimony
Meanwhile, defense team files law article on forensic science testimony and wrongful convictions.

April 29, 2011|By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
State prosecutors want transcripts of testimony George and Cindy Anthony gave during court proceedings in their daughter's first-degree murder case.

In a document filed Friday, an Assistant State Attorney requested the transcripts from hearings that occurred March 2, 3, and 4.

During the early March proceedings, Casey Anthony's defense team was trying to get statements she and her parents made to law-enforcement tossed.

The defense argued George and Cindy Anthony were acting as "agents of the state," by trying to get their daughter to share information and talk to authorities about Caylee's disappearance.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry eventually ruled that Anthony's parents were not acting as agents of the state.

"The Court finds that law enforcement did not manipulate any member of the Anthony family into doing something that they weren't already intending to do," Perry wrote in his order. "Indeed, every member of the family testified that they were going to get information from the Defendant regarding Caylee, regardless of what law enforcement did in this case."

Meanwhile, Anthony's defense team filed a 97-page article from the Virginia Law Review on Thursday. "Invalid Forensic Science Testimony and Wrongful Convictions" was published in March 2009.

The notice of filing accompanying the article says little, other than the date of the publication and where it came from.

The article states it is the first study to explore the forensic science testimony by prosecution experts in the trials of people who were convicted of serious crimes but later exonerated by DNA testing.

Wonder why the State wants these transcripts of the Ants' testimonies? Looking for discrepancies, I'm sure...Ways to impeach them on the stand? Or maybe some evidence to argue against the motion about waiving the sequestration rule for them? I think that motion will be heard Monday.
And what is this about this article in the Law Review? Sounds like a threat to JP that he will be overruled on appeal.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14