Russell & Rebecca Porter Missing 4.17.11, bodies found 7.22/Tony Friend, Wife 31 yr old Windy D. Friend & 26 yr old son Phillip Friend, Dusty Hicks & Russell Porter's Uncle Robert L. Campbell, 68 all charged in the Porter's murder

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Normal Russell & Rebecca Porter Missing 4.17.11, bodies found 7.22/Tony Friend, Wife 31 yr old Windy D. Friend & 26 yr old son Phillip Friend, Dusty Hicks & Russell Porter's Uncle Robert L. Campbell, 68 all charged in the Porter's murder

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WILLARD, Mo. -- The Greene County Sheriff’s Department is searching for Russell Porter and his wife, Rebecca Porter.  Family members reported them missing under suspicious circumstances from their home at 6703 N. Highway HH, east of Willard.  No one has reported seeing the couple since Sunday evening.

Sheriff's deputies arrived at the couple's home around midnight Monday.  Crime scene investigators were still processing the home and the surrounding yard on Tuesday morning.  Several officers were searching the rural area, and a Highway Patrol helicopter crew was circling the area.

Darrell Hufft, a brother of Rebecca, said he talked to her on Sunday evening and she said she wasn't feeling well.  He sent her a text message the next morning but never got a reply.  Rebecca did not show up at her job at nearby Fantastic Caverns.

Hufft said he believed his sister was abducted.  He said all her property, including her purse and cellular telephone, were still in the home and the doors were wide open.

Security cameras outside the home were pointed at the ground, as if someone tampered with them.  The couple's vehicle was at the home.

Rebecca Porter, 46, is about 128 pounds, 5-foot-6, with blue eyes.  Russell Porter, 34, is about 180 pounds, 6-foot-2, with blue eyes.

Anyone with information can call the sheriff's department at (417) 868-4040.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 7:11 am; edited 4 times in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Russell & Rebecca Porter Missing 4.17.11, bodies found 7.22/Tony Friend, Wife 31 yr old Windy D. Friend & 26 yr old son Phillip Friend, Dusty Hicks & Russell Porter's Uncle Robert L. Campbell, 68 all charged in the Porter's murder

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Russell & Rebecca Porter Missing 4.17.11, bodies found 7.22/Tony Friend, Wife 31 yr old Windy D. Friend & 26 yr old son Phillip Friend, Dusty Hicks & Russell Porter's Uncle Robert L. Campbell, 68 all charged in the Porter's murder

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Willard, Mo— An Ozarks family is holding out hope their relatives will be found alive. On Tuesday, a Willard couple’s house at 6703 N. State Highway HH was surrounded by crime scene tape. The Greene County Sheriff's department says Rebecca Porter, 46, and Russell Porter, 34, have not been seen since Sunday night.

Investigators are calling their disappearance suspicious. Rebecca Porter is the youngest of 11 children. When she didn't answer her family’s calls, they say they knew something was wrong. “Something bad has happened,” Rebecca’s brother Darrell Hufft said. Inside the Porter’s home, family members say they found everything but the couple. "Her keys were in her car, the house was wide open, her purse was here and money,” Hufft said. "There was the smell of bleach all over the house like something has been cleaned up."

On Monday, Hufft says Rebecca Porter missed work at Fantastic Caverns. “She's the sweetest person you'd ever met,” Hufft said. Her husband takes college courses at home and programs computers. "He loved Becky I know that," Hufft said. Rebecca's daughter talked to her mom by phone on Sunday night. It was the last contact with the couple. "I would like to ask the public and all the people that know Becky to pray that God will give us a quick answer," Rebecca’s sister Joyce Lamp said. "God is in control but we need prayers."

Rebecca’s family waited across the street from the couple's home watching officers every move -- waiting for news for hours. "We're sick we want to know where she's at," Hufft said.

Greene County detectives searched the couple’s home, nearby rural areas and neighbors’ homes that voluntarily consented to searches. "There aren't any persons of interest,” Sheriff Jim Arnott said. “Right now the persons of interest are the two missing persons." Wednesday morning pictures of the couple's faces will be posted on flyers in the Branson area. "I believe they have some ties to the Branson, Galena, Stone County area," Arnott said. The sheriff would not say if tips are leading them in that direction.

Hufft says the couple was arguing with family members that live just up the road. One of those family members did leave the scene with detectives but the sheriff says it was only for questioning. In 2009, Russell Porter pleaded guilty to domestic assault and possession of a controlled substance from 2008 cases. Deputies just served him a restraining order filed by a nephew on April 7th.

No one is in custody. Anyone with information can call local law enforcement or the Greene County Sheriff Office's main line at 417-868-4040. Anyone can make an anonymous call at 417-829-6230. Investigators think Rebecca was last seen wearing a Fantastic Caverns T-shirt and pajamas or khaki.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:15 pm

April 20, 2011

GREENE COUNTY, Mo. -- It's been more than 72 hours since friends and family saw Becky and Rusty Porter.

Investigators focused more time today at their home north of Willard, and that's where the couples loved ones met to do their part in the search.

Greene County investigators continued coming through the property, 3 days after they first arrived.  

"Nothing new today, they just say they're going over evidence they took out of the house," said Darrell Hufft, brother of Becky Porter.  

The questions of where the pair is, what happened and why have no answers. So family and friends spent the day handing out 700 flyers across southwest Missouri and northern Arkansas.

"Becky was a good person, with lots of friends, she didn't have any enemies, anybody would want to come and take her (huh?), it's just something we don't understand what's going on," said Hufft.  

Becky and Rusty's families have faith that the posters with their pictures can help, and hope that pictures aren't all they'll have left.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Greene County Sheriff's Department provides no new information on search for missing couple.

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:23 pm

2:11 p.m. CDT, April 20, 2011

WILLARD, Mo. -- The search continued on Wednesday for a couple who lives in a rural area of northern Greene County. The Sheriff's Department released no new information about the case of Rebecca and Russell Porter.

No one has reported seeing or hearing from the couple since Sunday night. Rebecca Porter's adult daughter called the sheriff's department on Monday night after going to the home and finding things amiss.

Investigators in white hazardous material suits again combed the area around the couple's home on Highway HH between Willard and Ebenezer. Sheriff Jim Arnott said Tuesday afternoon that the search had expanded beyond the couple's property.

Relatives of the Porters distributed posters with the couple's picture on them at businesses in the area. They got advice from Janice McCall of Springfield, founder of One Missing Link. McCall's daughter, Stacey, is one of the infamous three missing women of Springfield who disappeared in June 1992. One Missing Link helps families of other missing people with advice on how to proceed in their searches and how to cope.

Here is the One Missing Link link:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Greene County sheriff postpones news conference on search for missing couple.

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:26 pm

2:45 p.m. CDT, April 21, 2011

WILLARD, Mo. -- Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott abruptly canceled a scheduled news conference on the status of the search for Russell and Rebecca Porter of 6703 N. Highway HH. No one has reported seeing or hearing from the couple since Sunday evening.

Search crews used tracking dogs on Thursday in their search for the couple. Deputies have been searching for the couple since late Monday night when Rebecca Porter's adult daughter called the sheriff's department to say the couple's home looked as if something bad happened to the couple.

At 2:40 p.m. Thursday, the sheriff's department announced by e-mail a news conference for 5 p.m. outside the couple's home. When reminded that it might be raining and lightning outside at that time, the sheriff at 3:19 p.m. sent another e-mail message that he was going to hold the news conference outside at 5 p.m. anyway. Then, at 3:58 p.m., the sheriff's office sent another e-mail message that said the news conference is postponed until some time on Friday at the same location.

The sheriff's department sent trace evidence from the home and property of the couple to the state crime lab in Springfield in hopes that expedited processing might help them in their investigation.

Relatives and friends of the couple have been passing out posters with the couple's photos on them.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Investigators bring in canines in missing couple search.

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:30 pm

A bloodhound could be seen circling the 120 acre Greene County farm, searching for any scent that could lead investigators to Rusty or Becky Porter.

5:23 p.m. CDT, April 21, 2011

WILLARD, Mo.-- Family and friends remain committed to finding a couple missing since Sunday night.

Russell and Rebecca Porter went missing from their home east of Willard. The Greene County Sheriff's Office continues to search the property surrounding their house; Thursday it was with the help of canines.

A bloodhound could be seen circling the 120 acre Greene County farm, searching for any scent that could lead investigators to the missing couple. "The last time I saw my cousin, he was sitting on that porch with his laptop in his hands," says Tim Campbell, Rusty Porter's cousin and neighbor.

Family called 911 late Monday night, after finding Rusty and Becky Porter's belongings still there, outside security cameras turned toward the ground, and a strong bleach smell inside the house.

"If anybody knows anything, even the smallest thing, call the Greene County Sheriff's Department," says Sandy Higgins, Rusty's sister.

Family, friends and volunteers have handed out 700 missing persons flyers and counting. "We're going to do everything we can. We're going to continue to hand out these fliers," says Darrell Hufft, Becky's brother.

Center Baptist Church near Ash Grove has opened its doors to the family, giving them a place to go, as they struggle with the unknown. "We put it in God's hands this morning. He's the head of the investigation," says Hufft.

"I have no idea, have no idea why anyone would want to do something like this to them. It's beyond our imagination," says Paul Porter, Rusty's father.

As investigators continue to comb for clues, family members are trying to hold onto hope. "Rusty, I want to tell you that we love you. Becky, we love you. We're looking, and we're going to keep looking and you've got to stay strong until we find you," says Higgins.

The Greene County Sheriff's Office released nothing new in the case Thursday, but plans to hold a press conference sometime on Friday.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

April 21, 2011

Willard, Mo—
Investigators at the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Lab are examining evidence discovered in the search for a missing Willard couple. Rebecca and Russell Porter's families and the Greene County sheriff postponed an afternoon news conference Thursday due to the weather. Efforts to find the couple are expanding and possibly heading south.

Their families are printing and posting their own missing persons posters across the Ozarks and plan to head to Arkansas and Oklahoma. As the days pass without answers, the families' pleas remain the same. “It's a nightmare,” Rebecca Porter’s brother Darrell Hufft said. As hound dogs searched Rebecca and Russell Porter's property, their families were praying together at a nearby church in Ash Grove. “I really just want to talk to my brother,” Russell Porter’s sister, Sandy Higgins, said through tears. “Rusty and Becky both of you got to stay strong until we find you.”

After canvassing Greene, Christian and Stone counties on Wednesday, family members will spread more flyers in northern Arkansas and Oklahoma. Rebecca Porter’s son spent Thursday posting flyers in Barry County and northern Arkansas. "Son, we are not giving up,” Russell Porter’s father Paul Porter said. “It’s all in the Lord’s hands but we know we are going to find you."

Rebecca and Russell's families are sharing the pain of the unknown. They also share the same plea. “We keep holding these images if you see or hear anything please call the Greene County Sheriff’s department,” Higgins said. “We will be more than thankful,” Paul Porter added.

“There are thousands of people praying for you I miss you guys calling me every day," Hufft said. The families also send messages to the missing -- hoping they hear it. “I really just want to talk to my brother,” Higgins said. No one has talked to the couple since Sunday night.

Since then, officers in white suits have carried evidence out of the couple’s home. “We called in some help from the highway patrol lab to look at some things in a quick manor," Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said. They are examining trace evidence, like hair or fibers, and possible DNA evidence. “We may branch out later today but right now we're focused on that area (the couple’s home and neighborhood) because that's where the evidence leads us,” Arnott said. The couple’s families want the one lead that will bring the couple home. “We love you,” Higgins said to the camera hoping Rebecca and Russell hear her.

Rebecca Porter's daughter talked to her by phone on Sunday. That was the last contact with the couple. Anyone with information about the case can call the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 417-868-4040 or anonymous calls can be made to 417-829-6230.

Rebecca Porter’s car, phone, keys, purse and medication were found inside the home. The couple’s security cameras were damaged. The car they used was left at the home. Family members say the home also smelled like bleach.

Editor's Note: Rebecca Porter’s son says many people in the Branson/Stone County area may recognize his mother by her former name, Rebecca Ellsworth. He asks anyone with information to call the Greene County Sheriff’s office.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 pm

UPDATE: Family Fears Foul Play in Couple's

Reported by: Jennifer Denman
Tuesday, April 19 2011

(Willard, MO) -- An Ozarks husband and wife are missing and their home is now the center of a major investigation.

The Greene County Sheriff's Office says Russell (Rusty) Porter, 34, and his wife Rebecca, 46, went missing under suspicious circumstances from their home on the 6700 block of North Highway HH, just north of Highway O, east of Willard.

They were reported missing by family members Monday. Those family members spent an emotional day at the couple's Willard home on a 120-acre farm Tuesday.

Rebecca Porter has 10 brothers and sisters who are baffled as to what could have happened to their loved one.

Greene County Sheriffs deputies along with the Missouri State Highway Patrol had been searching the property all afternoon.

The Greene County crime scene vehicle was moved on to the property, and crime scene tape is up around the small white wood frame farm house.

Tuesday afternoon, deputies entered the home dressed in white suits. A car in the driveway was also searched. The Highway Patrol is using its helicopter to search from above.

"Kind of thinking where she's at, is she still alive?" asks Corey Ellsworth, Rebecca's son. "You kind of feel helpless right now."

Rebecca's brother Darrell Hufft says it is very unusual for Rebecca to just vanish. He says there is a smell of bleach throughout the house and some security cameras have been either moved or broken outside the house.

The couple was last seen Sunday evening. Darrell says he spoke with his sister by phone and she told him she wasn't feeling well and thought she might have the stomach flu.

The family is just hoping and praying this doesn't end in tragedy.

"Not too good," says Jimmy Hufft. "Just a shock."

Family says Rebecca worked at Fantastic Caverns and a number of other family members lived in neighboring homes.

"I think they got abducted, kidnapped or something because all of her property is in there -- her purse and phone," says Darrell Hufft. "The doors were wide open and that's not her. That's not my baby sister. She had a new grandbaby and her daughter is sick to death. Becky is not that type of person. We're a close family."

Hufft says Russell has had some conflicts with his uncle, who lives down the road, but the family says that man is a truck driver and is out of town.

Greene County Sheriff's deputies have spent hours searching the couple's home and farm and say there are a number of things suspicious about the situation.

"Family members do not know where they are at and that is unusual and their vehicle is here so I can tell you right off the bat that is suspicious to us," says Sheriff Jim Arnott.

The sheriff's office is interviewing family members, but can't say a crime has happened, which leaves the family to issue these pleas.

"If you see her out there, just tell her wer're looking for her," adds Ellsworth.

"We love you and the whole family is looking for you sister," says Hufft.

Tuesday afternoon, the Greene County Sheriff's Office issued an Endangered Person Advisory for the couple.

Rebecca (Becky) Porter is a white, female, age 46, 5'07" tall, 140 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes, tanned complexion, wearing pajamas or khaki pants and a yellow shirt with "Fantastic Caverns" imprint.

Russell (Rusty) Porter is a white, male, age 34, 6'2" tall, 180 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes, and facial hair, wearing blue nylon sweat pants and red or blue t-shirt.

Anyone seeing the missing persons, or anyone having any information related to the endangered missing person should immediately dial 911 to contact the nearest law enforcement agency or call the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 417-868-4040.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal 210 pieces of potential evidence found at Porters' home, sheriff says

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:47 pm

4:52 PM, Apr. 22, 2011

The crime scene tape as well as law enforcement officers are gone from the quiet country home of Russell and Rebecca Porter who are still missing. Dean Curtis/News-
Detectives with the Greene County Sheriff's Office announced in a news release that they have finished processing the scene at 6703 N. State Highway HH in Willard, the home of missing couple Russell and Rebecca Porter.

During three days of processing, detectives have recovered over 210 items of potential evidence at the Porter's residence. The Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Missouri State Highway Patrol's helicopter along with blood hounds from the Ozarks Correctional Center to conduct a search of the property and the adjoining area.

The Sheriff's Office has followed up on over 70 leads and input more than 750 man hours and is continuing to conduct interviews and follow up on any information received.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Greene County Sheriff at 417-868-4040 or your local law enforcement agency.

The department had scheduled a news conference about progress on the case Thursday, but cancelled it. According to the news release issued Friday afternoon, officials were not available for additional comment at this time due to the amount of inquiries. Manpower is being focusesd on processing leads and evidence, the release said.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 6:47 am

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Authorities in southwest Missouri have announced a reward for information in the disappearance of a rural Willard couple.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said Monday the reward ranges from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on the value of the information on last month's disappearance of Russell and Rebecca Porter.

Arnott says investigators also hope lab tests of genetic samples provided by relatives and evidence recovered at the couple's home will provide more leads.

The Springfield News-Leader reports that the Porters were last seen at their home northeast of Willard the weekend of April 16-17.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Residents urged to share tips on cases/ Deputies investigate double homicide and missing couple.

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 6:54 am

11:00 PM, Apr. 29, 2011
Written by
Kathryn Wall

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said he feels confident about the progress made in investigations into a missing Willard couple and a slain elderly couple, but detectives are still looking for more information from residents.

"There is somebody (in the public) with information in both of these cases. . . We need these people, even if they think the information they have is minor," Arnott said Friday.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911, the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 868-4040 or Crime Stoppers at 869-TIPS (8477).

Russell and Rebecca Porter have been missing since April 17. Detectives have searched their home on Greene County HH, collecting 210 pieces of evidence, but have yet to announce any new developments in the case.

On April 25, deputies responding to an early morning 911 call of an intruder found Donald and Helen Willingham stabbed to death in their home.

Arnott said detectives have collected significant amounts of evidence in both cases -- specifically, DNA -- that they hope can be processed quickly.

He said detectives have made numerous contacts with people who look similar to the man pictured in a convenience store photo released earlier this week.

He said detectives have not yet made a confirmed match and that the person in the photo remains someone detectives want to talk to, not necessarily a suspect or a person of interest.

Arnott said no suspects or persons of interest have been named at this time in either case. He said detectives are still chasing leads and narrowing down their information.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 am

11:00 PM, May. 2, 2011
Written by
Mike Penprase

Authorities hope a reward ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 can help locate Russell and Rebecca Porter.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott announced the reward Monday during a news conference attended by nine of the rural Willard couple's relatives.

Arnott said investigators hope laboratory testing of genetic samples, provided by relatives and taken from evidence recovered at the couple's home on Route HH after their April 17 disappearance, will provide more leads on the case.

The investigation remains a missing persons case, Arnott said.

Arnott said the amount of a reward will vary, depending on the value of information obtained. Crime Stoppers and his department will evaluate the value of the information, he said.

People interested in contributing to the reward fund can donate at the Regions Bank at 2927 S. Campbell Ave.

People with tips can call Crime Stoppers at 869-TIPS or the sheriff's office at 868-4040.

During the news conference at the sheriff's office, Rebecca Porter's son said he remains optimistic his mother and stepfather will be found alive.

"I believe we're going to find them, safe and sound," Corey Ellsworth said.

Because the department also is working on the April 25 killings of Donald and Helen Willingham in their home just outside southwest Springfield, investigators have been meeting to prioritize what needs to be investigated in both cases, Arnott said.

Ellsworth and other relatives complimented the efforts of Arnott's department.

But Ellsworth said he is concerned about the public losing interest in the case the longer it continues unresolved.

"I know it's been two weeks, but don't let it go cold," Ellsworth said. "Keep it in your minds."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal The Families of Rebecca and Russell Porter and Don and Helen Willingham Set Up Reward Funds for Tips

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 7:21 am

May 02, 2011|By Emily Rittman, Ben Knaup

Greene County, Mo — Family members of two unsolved Greene County investigations are offering a reward for answers to keep the cases from growing cold. On April 17, Rebecca and Russell Porter disappeared from their Willard home. On April 25, someone stabbed Don and Helen Willingham to death in their home south of Springfield.

Around 1:30 Monday afternoon, Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott and Rebecca and Russell Porter’s families held a news conference to announce a reward fund is set up in the couple’s name at Region’s Bank. It is called the Rebecca and Rusty Porter Reward Fund. Donations can be made at the bank’s location or by calling 417-882-0152 ext. 2526. The families and Crime Stoppers are offering $5,000-$15,000 based on the credibility of the information received. They are looking for leads to the couple’s location or information surrounding their disappearance.

“We have a team of detectives working on both of our major cases right now,” Arnott said. “They are both looking through evidence today and they spent most of the weekend working on evidence and determining what is going to be the priority.” In the Porter investigation, detectives are comparing DNA from family members to possible DNA found inside the Porter home. “We also have some information gathered at that scene that may assist us and may be a DNA match to someone or it could be an elimination,” Arnott said. “It could be looking for a person that is not known.”

Investigators are working 98 leads in the Porter investigation. “I know it's been two weeks but don't let it go cold,” Rebecca Ellsworth-Porter’s son Corey Ellsworth said. “Keep it in your minds and keep it alive. Don't just think 'oh times gone by' keep looking for them. If you hear something that might be a valuable piece of information pass it along to the sheriff's department.”

Around 3:30 Monday afternoon, the families of Don and Helen Willingham held another news conference with Arnott. Investigators are working 108 leads in the Willingham’s double homicide. The family is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of their killer or killers. Detectives have interviewed several “young people” who match the description of the person captured on video surveillance at a nearby Kum & Go convenience store. The sheriff says they are not certain they have interviewed the person in the surveillance. “We are still looking for someone that may have wounds from a struggle,” Arnott said. Arnott says detectives are prioritizing DNA evidence found inside the home.

“We want to find the evil person that committed this crime and we need all of your help,” Don’s older brother Jim Willingham said. He and several family members flew to the Ozarks for the Willingham’s Monday funeral service. “We want to help Sheriff Arnott remove whoever is responsible from the community,” Don’s brother Jay Willingham said. “We don’t want anyone else to go through what we are going through now.”

Anyone with information on either case can call Crime Stoppers at 417-869-TIPS or 417-868-4040.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 am

Cases reveal sheriff staffing shortage/
Deputies accumulate time off while working overtime on inquiries.
5:46 AM, May. 2, 2011

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said several detectives worked more than 30 hours straight on major investigations. "We do our jobs for the victims and their families," Sheriff Jim Arnott said.

In his budget request to county commissioners Dec. 7, Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said 20 more detectives were needed to properly serve the county.
That was in addition to a request for 74 more deputies, 66 support staff, a staff attorney and 53 new jailers.
Those numbers were based on a comparative study the sheriff's office completed in 2009.

The sheriff's office has the equivalent of 38.5 full-time deputies for the entire county -- which includes municipalities -- estimated at about 269,000 people.

In Jefferson County, there are about 90 deputies for a total population of around 219,000.

It's 80 in St. Charles County for their 355,000 residents.

In the nine years after 2000, the population of incorporated Greene County -- the areas not in the jurisdiction of a city -- grew 20 percent, Census Bureau numbers show.

So although about 14,000 more people call rural Greene County home, only five more deputies were patrolling those roads in 2010, the sheriff said.
Crime is also on the rise. Uniform Crime Data, information sent by law enforcement officials to the FBI on a regular basis, shows that the number of incidents reported in Greene County went up 45 percent from 2001 to 2009.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott has made no secret of the strain his office is under as a result of staffing shortages in recent years. Now, two major investigations in a week's time have highlighted the problem.

"We have had several detectives work in excess of 30 hours straight," Arnott wrote in a news release to local media outlets on Thursday. "I have sent several of them home for sleep. I, along with approximately eight other investigators, continue following up on various leads."

The sheriff's office had to manage resources to investigate the disappearance of a Willard couple and the murder of an elderly couple who live just outside the city limits.

All other investigations by the sheriff's office have been suspended, Arnott said, unless the crime is against a child. Court appearances for charges in previous crimes have also been postponed when possible.

But eventually that time will have to be made up, putting a future strain on the department. Arnott cannot pay overtime; instead deputies get extra time off.

Arnott said at least one deputy had already collected 100 hours of compensatory time by last week.

"It's all going to catch up with us," he said, but also added that his deputies have remained dedicated to finding an answer for both sets of families.

"The victims --that's the bottom line. We do our jobs for the victims and their families," Arnott said.

Russell and Rebecca Porter have been missing since April 17. Detectives have searched their home on Highway HH, collecting 210 pieces of evidence but have yet to announce any new developments in the case.

Responding to a 911 call of an intruder early on April 25, police found Donald and Helen Willingham stabbed to death in their home.

Arnott said the Willingham murders especially have driven detectives to push that much harder for a resolution.

"Everyone involved has become very attached. This is not just a job for anyone. ... These people are part of our lives right now," Arnott said about the Willinghams and their family members.

Part of that emotional attachment has led the detectives to ask that Arnott not request any outside investigators in either case.

"They want to continue to work. They feel they can handle it," he said.

Arnott said he does have the option to ask for detectives from the Springfield Police Department or the Missouri Highway Patrol.

He said investigators and deputies in the department have been dedicated to both cases, but he acknowledges that the two crimes happening in such a close time frame has made things difficult.

"It's a huge drain (on the department)," he said.

Arnott said the highway patrol has provided their helicopter team for searches, have responded to calls in the county when there weren't enough deputies to go around and have consulted on preparing the evidence for the crime lab.

Springfield police have offered their crime analysis systems and detectives in the city have sent tips to county investigators, Arnott said.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Rebecca and Russell Porter Investigation: Officers Search, Dig for Answers Near Home of Couple
Investigators searched 120 acres for about nine hours Wednesday

May 04, 2011|By Emily Rittman, Ben Knaup | Reporter, Photographer

Willard, Mo — Investigators dug for answers Wednesday in the case of a missing and endangered Willard couple. They resumed their search of 120 acres near Rebecca and Russell Porter's home off Highway HH in Willard.

The search that started at 7:00 Wednesday morning ended around 3:45 the same afternoon. Detectives spent most of the day searching a wooded area to the south of the Porter home. Family members tell KSPR News officers also searched two caves.

Around 1:00 p.m. a backhoe rolled onto the scene of the missing person's investigation as Rebecca and Russell Porter's families watched. “It’s going on three weeks that's a long time,” Rebecca Porter’s brother Darrell Hufft said. Investigators and volunteers searched three properties near the Porter’s home. “We are going grid by grid throughout a little over 120 acres,” Sheriff Jim Arnott said. The sheriff got permission to search the three properties with horses, ATV's, K-9's and a backhoe. “It brings some comfort to know they are here,” Rebecca Porter’s brother Charles Hufft said.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Human remains found in Taney County are those of the Porters

Family spokesman Darrell Hufft said officials have informed him that the human remains found near Forsyth are those of Rebecca and Rusty Porter, the Willard couple missing since April. The family is on the way to the press conference.

The Sheriffs from Greene and Taney counties will hold a joint press conference this afternoon to release information additional information regarding the human remains found near Forsyth.

Sheriff Jim Arnott and Sheriff Jimmie Russell will speak to media at 2:30 p.m. at the scene on the Protem-Cedar Creek Road, according to a statement from the Taney County Sheriff’s Office.

We will have more information as it becomes available.

The search for the Porters began on April 18. The investigation began when family members reported the Porters were missing under suspicious circumstances.
Family spokesman Darrell Hufft said officials have informed him that the human remains found near Forsyth are those of Rebecca and Rusty Porter, the Willard couple missing since April. The family is on the way to the press conference.

The Sheriffs from Greene and Taney counties will hold a joint press conference this afternoon to release information additional information regarding the human remains found near Forsyth.

Sheriff Jim Arnott and Sheriff Jimmie Russell will speak to media at 2:30 p.m. at the scene on the Protem-Cedar Creek Road, according to a statement from the Taney County Sheriff’s Office.

We will have more information as it becomes available.

The search for the Porters began on April 18. The investigation began when family members reported the Porters were missing under suspicious circumstances.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Human remains found in Taney County believed to be the Porters
As family stood nearby, Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott and Taney County Sheriff Jimmy Russell confirmed that Taney County deputies found remains believed to be those of Russell and Rebecca Porter, the Willard couple who disappeared in April.

Officials are still awaiting autopsy results for formal identification. The bodies were found around 10 a.m. Thursday morning.

The area where the bodies were found is vacant, rural land located off Cedar Creek Road near Protem. Arnott said that the Taney County deputies were searching the area based on information they had received, but did not elaborate.

Deputies have been in the area collecting evidence. The Taney County Sheriff's Department has been part of the investigation for several weeks now.

Arnott said that it was no longer a missing persons case, but is now a homicide investigation.

Although family attended the news conference, Sheriff Arnott said they had asked for privacy.

Background
Their house was found unlocked and abandoned with the odor of bleach was thick inside. The couple’s sole transportation, a Mustang, was left behind at the house with the keys in the ignition.

The Porters had been married less than a year. Becky Porter, 34, worked in the gift shop of Fantastic Caverns. Russell Porter was disabled.

In May, the Greene County Sheriff's Office coordinated an extensive search around the Porters’ home, searching about 120 acres. Among the areas they searched areas was property where Robert Campbell, Russell Porter's uncle, lives.

Court records reveal there was a heated dispute between Campbell and the Porters.

Both parties have traded protection orders in Greene County court, each claiming fear of physical harm by the other.

No underlying cause for the dispute is noted in the paperwork.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:34 pm

How sad!!! Who would want to kill them?

Thank you, Raine, for keeping up on this horrible crime!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:46 am

KSPR EXCLUSIVE: "Somebody Took Them Down There and Executed Them," Porter Family Says

Willard, MO—
Saturday, the double homicide investigation of a Willard couple continued in two counties. Police believe the remains of 34-year-old Russell Porter and 46-year-old Rebecca Porter were found Thursday morning.
continue reading at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Officials ID remains found in forest

NIXA (AP) — Taney County authorities said a set of remains found last week belonged to a southwest Missouri woman who has not been seen since April.

Authorities said yesterday the remains were those of 46-year-old Rebecca Porter of Willard. A second set of remains is believed to be her husband, Russell Porter, but more tests will be conducted.

The Porters disappeared April 17 from their home near Willard in Greene County. The remains were found last week in a forested area of Taney County. Authorities said they are investigating the case as a double homicide.

Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy said last night dental records confirmed Rebecca Porter’s identity.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Coroner: Russell Porter's Body Identified

(Taney County, MO) -- Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy confirms that one of the bodies found in rural Taney County last month is that of Russell Porter.

He says University of North Texas labs have positively identified the remains.

Russell and Rebecca Porter went missing more than three months ago.

In late July, investigators announced they had discovered what were likely the couple's partial skeletal remains near Protem, Missouri.

The condition of the bodies made it difficult to make a positive identification on either of the bodies. Rebecca's body was identified about a week later. Her funeral was held today.

Following the funeral, investigators with both the Greene and Taney County Sheriff's Departments met to discuss plans from here.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott says there are still no arrests in the Porters case. He's still working with the Taney County Coroner to determine a cause of death and location of death.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:18 am

I am wondering if the same person(s) who killed that elderly couple in the same community around the same time the Porter's went missing are the culprits. This is just so damned sad!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 am

I've been wondering the same thing but I can't find anything on it that says one way or another.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 am

Coroner's news release: Gunshots to head killed Russell and Rebecca Porter
September 30, 2011|by KY3 News

FORSYTH, Mo. -- The Taney County coroner says he finally received lab findings that show Russell and Rebecca Porter both died of gunshot wounds to their heads. The Porters are the couple who disappeared from their rural home northeast of Willard in Greene County in April. Their bodies turned up in a remote location in Taney County in July.

Coroner Kevin Tweedy couldn't provide more information about the gunshot wounds. He ruled that the deaths are homicides. The murder investigation is being handled by the Greene County Sheriff's Department, which hasn't been able to gather enough information for charges.

Family and friends already held a memorial service for Rebecca Porter, whose remains were positively identified several weeks before the remains of Russell Porter. A service for Russell Porter is Saturday at 1 at Glad Tidings Assembly of God in Fair Grove.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Nearly a year after death, family of slain Willard couple celebrate life

Post by raine1953 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 pm

WILLARD, Mo. -- Family and friends of a slain Willard couple came together Saturday to remember their loved ones and make a public plea for justice.

Russell and Rebecca Porter were last heard from April 17, 2011. Their remains were found the following July in rural Protem, Missouri near the Arkansas state line. An autopsy revealed the couple was individually shot in the head. Copyright © 2012, KSPR-TV
continue at:
Video at link
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Greene County homicide case makes progress

Post by raine1953 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said Thursday he feels “pretty close” to resolving the homicide investigation of a Willard couple who vanished from their home one year ago.

About two dozen family members of Rusty and Rebecca Porter were present at a 10 a.m. news conference when Arnott said a $20,000 reward will be offered for information that leads to an arrest. Arnott said the reward is funded by $5,000 from Crime Stoppers and $15,000 from the family.

Arnott stood next to a stack of binders which he said is just a portion of the investigative documents amassed in the case over the past year.

No arrests have been made but Arnott said his office is looking at “several persons of interest.”

Of the 250 pieces of evidence submitted to the lab in the case, all but five have been returned, Arnott said.

The skeletal remains of the couple were found in a rural, forested area of Taney County more than three months after they were reported missing.

Arnott said Thursday that deputies were led to the area by information given to the sheriff’s office but declined to elaborate further.

Arnott said Det. Scott Britton has been the lead investigator on the case.

Although they had hoped for an arrest by now, several family members at the morning news conference — including Becky Porter’s son and brother, and Rusty Porter’s mother — said they were satisfied with the handling of the case.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Court documents identify suspects in homicides of Rebecca and Russell Porter

Post by raine1953 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm

U.S. Marshals arrested Tony and Windy Friend on drug and weapons charges
May 31, 2012|by Dave Stewart, Managing Editor | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Greene County Sheriff's Dept.

Share on emailShare on printShare on redditMore Sharing Services

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Court documents have revealed the names of two individuals considered suspects in the deaths of a Willard Couple.

U.S. Marshals arrested Tony and Windy Friend Wednesday at the lot #10 home they were occupying at 3155 W. Brower Street in Springfield.

Both Tony Friend, 44, and Windy Friend, 31, were charged with possessing methamphetamine. Friend was also arrested for weapons violations. He was previously convicted for unlawful use of a weapon and domestic assault.

In court papers filed in support of the arrest, officers said Tony and Windy Friend are suspects in the homicides of Rebecca and Russell Porter, who disappeared from their home northeast of Willard in April 2011. They say Tony Friend threatened a deputy and the detective's family, as well as and federal and state judicial centers.

WHAT OFFICERS FOUND

When deputies search the home on Brower, they found drugs and illegal weapons. Officers found the home boarded up and doors installed with extra bolts.
"It was apparent that Tony L. Friend has taken substantial steps in fortifying his residence against an imminent extraction," wrote Greene County deputy William Bayer in support of the arrest.

A motion of detention filed in U.S. Western District court notes Tony Friend "has made threatening statements about blowing up a courthouse, and regarding Detective Sergeant Scott Britton of the Greene County Sheriff’s Department and his family. The defendant has also made threatening statements about actions he would take if law enforcement attempted to arrest him."

Officers also found modified paintball guns in the home with possible gun powder residue inside the barrels. Deputies found shotgun shells that fit inside the paintball gun barrels.

The bodies of Rebecca and Russell Porter were found in Taney County last summer. Investigators say they were murdered.

He's a scary looking dude!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Homicide suspect given bond, another held on federal charges

Post by raine1953 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 pm

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - During a hearing on drug charges in Greene County Circuit Court Thursday, Judge Dan Imhof granted a $10,000 bond to 31-year old Windy Friend. Husband Tony Friend, 44, continues to be held in the custody of U.S. Marshals on federal weapons charges.
continue reading at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Phone records connected Tony Friend to the Taney County site the bodies were found

Post by raine1953 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Two recently unsealed search documents show exactly what investigators found the night Russell and Rebecca Porter went missing from their home in Willard more than a year ago -- and reveal more information about why they believe a Springfield man may have killed them.
read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Sealed court documents detailing the early weeks of a double homicide investigation have now been made public, more than a year after a Willard couple vanished from their home.

The recently unsealed Greene County court documents reveal, for the first time, suspicious movements of a suspect the night Russell and Rebecca Porter disappeared.

According to those documents, deputies believe 44-year-old Tony Friend was near a heavily wooded area in Taney County — where the Porter’s remains were later found — just before the couple was reported missing.

Also, an inmate in the Greene County Jail told detectives he heard Friend claim responsibility for the deaths and that he used a blue Ford pickup truck to transport the bodies, the documents say.

The inmate, unnamed in the documents, also told detectives of a maroon briefcase used by Friend.

Deputies were able to get that briefcase and then asked a judge Aug. 10 for permission to search it. The contents are the subject of one set of recently unsealed documents.

Among the items in the locked briefcase, deputies found:

• A teal-colored surgical knife

• 17 rounds of shotgun ammunition

• One inert hand grenade

• Salt and pepper shakers

• Family photographs

• Three toy cars

• One PEZ dispenser

Tony Friend was identified as the primary suspect of the homicides in documents filed last month in support of an unrelated drug charge. He was arrested May 31 after a federal search warrant was served at his fortified home.

No arrests have been made in the Porter’s homicide investigation; however, Friend remains in the Greene County Jail for the drug charge. Authorities have also said Friend will likely face federal charges for weapons and ammunition found in the home during the search.

The documents say Friend has been convicted of three prior felonies, including a 2002 unlawful use of a weapon and a 2004 domestic assault. Both were in Greene County.

Porter's home searched
Another set of recently unsealed documents describe the search of the Porter’s home on Highway HH the day after the couple was reported missing.

In those documents, describing a thorough search by investigators April 21, 2011, deputies noted a strong odor of bleach as they entered the Willard home. Cell phones, a purse and other personal items were still in the house. Video cameras, located around the property, had been ripped out, the deputies wrote in the search warrant return documents.

Shortly after the disappearances, Sheriff Jim Arnott said as many as 210 pieces of potential evidence were taken from the home but he declined to specify what those items were.

Some of those items were described in the unsealed documents:

• A bullet shell casing

• Several cigarette butts found on the ground around the home

• Six laptop computers and three desktop computers

• Three video cameras from the south side of the house

Investigators also took plumbing traps from kitchen and bathroom sinks; a filter from the coffee pot; a dust canister from a vacuum cleaner and the lint trap from the dryer.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Tony Friend pleads guilty to ammunition charge, suspected in Porters' deaths

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Tony Friend, who has been identified as a suspect in the double homicide of Rebecca and Russell Porter, has pleaded guilty in federal court to a weapons charge. He could receive a sentence of 10 years and a $250,000 fine.

Federal prosecutors had charged Friend with possession of ammunition by a felon, stemming from a search of his home, which found weapons and ammunition.

Friend has been convicted of three prior felonies, including a 2002 unlawful use of a weapon and a 2004 domestic assault. Both were in Greene County. The third felony conviction occurred in Arkansas, according to court documents.

Under a plea agreement agreed to Wednesday, the government dismissed two other ammunition charges.

The agreement, documents show, does not exclude Friend from being prosecuted for other possible crimes, including murder or conspiracy.

Friend and his wife, Windy, have been named in court paperwork as suspects in the Porter deaths.

The skeletal remains of the Porters were found in remote Taney County in late July 2011. Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy said each died of gunshot wounds to the head.

A grand jury has recently been called in Taney County. Prosecutor Jeff Merrell declined to say whether or not the Porters’ case will be reviewed by the grand jury, which is expected to wrap up its work near the end of the year.

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott, whose office has been investigating the homicides for more than a year, declined to comment on Friend’s plea.

The Porters had been missing from their Willard home since April 2011. Their house was found unlocked, abandoned and emanating a strong bleach odor.

Greene County Sheriff's deputies executed a federal search warrant in June and arrested Tony and Windy Friend at their home at 3155 W. Brower St., Lot 10., Springfield.

Greene County prosecutors immediately charged the pair with drug possession but the charges were dropped in August. Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Todd Myers declined to say why at the time.

Friend remains in the Greene County Jail.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Authorities announce murder charges in Russell and Rebecca Porter case

Post by raine1953 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm

FORSYTH, Mo. - Authorities from Taney County and Greene County announced murder charges in the 2011 deaths of Russell and Rebecca Porter from Willard.

Tony Friend and Dusty Hicks, an associate of Friend, have each been indicted by a grand jury on charges with two counts of first degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and two counts of felony restraint, according to Taney County Prosecutor Jeff Merrell.

The charges were announced in a press conference arranged jointly by Taney and Greene County authorities in Forsyth. Friend is currently in the Greene County Jail, being held for the U.S. Marshals Service. Both are being held on $500,000 bond.
Authorities believe Hicks is a Greene County resident, from Walnut Grove. He was arrested this morning and is currently in the Greene County Jail. Authorities did not elaborate on the connection between Friend and Hicks.

The Porters disappeared from their home northeast of Willard in rural Greene County on or about April 18, 2011. Their bodies turned up in a remote area of Taney County in July 2011. Investigators from the two counties have been working together on the murder investigation.

Authorities said the cause of death appeared to be gunshot wounds to the head, and believe their murders occurred in Taney County.

Last spring, investigators identified Tony Friend as a suspect for the murders when Friend was arrested on an unrelated federal charge of being a felon in possession of a weapon. In a plea agreement announced on Sept. 12, Friend pleaded guilty to being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Officials also announced the investigation is still open and more arrests may be forthcoming.

Friend and Hicks will be transported to Taney County to be arraigned, but authorities did not specify when that would happen.

Tony Friend left and Dusty Hicks
Boy that Tony Friend looks MEAN!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 am

That is NO friend!! Sorry, cheap shot but had to say it. That dude is scary!

Am SO happy to hear they are up on murder charges, and thanks, Raine, for keeping up on this horrible case!!

Would love to know what transpired..why did they murder this couple and if the other elderly couple that was murdered in the same timeframe is connected to this case.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 am

Even thou' I have a google alert set for the murdered elderly couple I googled their names anyway. I can't find anything in the last year that says these murders are connected.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:50 am

Hmmm.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Third Person Indicted in Rebecca and Russell Porter Murder Case

Post by raine1953 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 am

FORSYTH, Mo. -- A third suspect has been indicted in the Rebecca and Russell Porter homicide case.

The Greene County Prosecutor confirms the arrest of Phillip Friend, 26, the son of Tony Friend. He's being held in Jackson County, Missouri. The indictment was sealed until his arrest.

Earlier this month, a grand jury out of Taney County handed down indictments against Tony L. Friend, of the Springfield area, and Dusty Ray Hicks, of the Walnut Grove area.
Friend, 44, and Hicks, 25, were both charged with 1st degree Murder, Armed Criminal Action, and Felonious Restraint. Both pleaded not guilty. They're being held in the Greene County Jail.

Tony Friend was arrested in June 2012 on drug charges and there was speculation at that time that he could have been involved in the disappearance of the Porters.

A Taney County grand jury handed up the indictments against Friend and Hicks. That means they bypass the preliminary hearing phase.

The case is being prosecuted in Taney County because that's where the Porter's bodies were found. The Greene County Sheriff and Prosecutor's Office have been heavily involved since the day the couple went missing.

Hicks and Friend are in jail in lieu of $500,000 bond each. If convicted, they could get the death penalty.

Russell and Rebecca Porter were reported missing in April, 2011, from their home in Greene County. Then in July, skeletal remains of two people were found near Protem, Missouri, in a remote area of Taney County. Autopsies and forensic testing confirmed the bodies were those of the Porters. Both had been shot to death.

Both sheriff's departments have been working on the case.

In April of this year, Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott told reporters he believed the murders would be solved.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 am

What a horrible family these "Friends" are!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Fourth Person Indicted in Rebecca and Russell Porter Homicide Case

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Windy D. Friend, 31, of Springfield, was indicted by a Taney County grand jury Thursday. She's charged with two counts of Conspiracy to Committ Murder.
continue at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Video at link
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 am

Good!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Fifth Indictment in Porter Murders

Post by raine1953 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:45 pm

A fifth person is indicted by a grand jury in Taney County in connection with the murders of Russell and Rebecca Porter.

Sixty-eight year old Robert Campbell of Willard is named in a two-count indictment charging him with first degree murder. Campbell is reportedly related to Russell Porter. The indictment was filed Wednesday afternoon in Taney County circuit court.

Last week, 31-year old Windy Friend of Springfield was indicted on two counts of conspiracy. Her husband, 44-year old Tony Friend, along with his son, 26-year old Phillip Friend and 24-year old Dusty Hicks are charged with two counts each of first degree murder, felonious restraint and armed criminal action.

The remains of the Porters were found in Taney County in July of 2011 in a remote area off Protem-Cedarcreek Road.

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Fifth person indicted in Porters homicides

Post by raine1953 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:48 pm

A grand jury indictment filed Dec. 19 led to a court appearance on Dec. 20 by Robert L. Campbell, 68, of Willard. Campbell is the uncle of Russell Porter and lived next to the home where the Porters disappeared on April 19, 2011. The bodies of the couple were found in July 2011 near Protem.
According to Jeff Merrell, Taney County prosecutor, Campbell and the Porters had engaged in an ongoing dispute. Orders of protection had been issued for both sides by the Greene County Circuit Court.
much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:05 am

Thank you, Raine, for keeping up on this horrific case. I wonder what the dispute was that was so bad that these people killed the Porter's.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am

Wrapitup wrote:UPDATE: Family Fears Foul Play in Couple's

Reported by: Jennifer Denman
Tuesday, April 19 2011

(Willard, MO) -- An Ozarks husband and wife are missing and their home is now the center of a major investigation.

Rebecca's brother Darrell Hufft says it is very unusual for Rebecca to just vanish. He says there is a smell of bleach throughout the house and some security cameras have been either moved or broken outside the house.

The couple was last seen Sunday evening. Darrell says he spoke with his sister by phone and she told him she wasn't feeling well and thought she might have the stomach flu.

Family says Rebecca worked at Fantastic Caverns and a number of other family members lived in neighboring homes.

"I think they got abducted, kidnapped or something because all of her property is in there -- her purse and phone," says Darrell Hufft. "The doors were wide open and that's not her. That's not my baby sister. She had a new grandbaby and her daughter is sick to death. Becky is not that type of person. We're a close family."

Hufft says Russell has had some conflicts with his uncle, who lives down the road, but the family says that man is a truck driver and is out of town.
Wrap, for some reason this case just got to me from the beginning and I always remembered that there were problems with an Uncle. It was mentioned so early on and why would her brother mention it unless there were big problems. Rhetorical. Anyway, it's not been mentioned why there were problems w/ the Uncle but this is going to be an interesting case. Sounds like maybe the Uncle hired those five people arrested for the murder while he was out of town. MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 pm

I think you are definitely on to something, Raine.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Court Appearances in Porter Murders

Post by raine1953 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Thursday, January 03, 2013
Two people indicted by a Taney County grand jury in connection with the murders of Russell and Rebecca Porter have court appearances set for this morning.

Thirty-one year old Windy Friend of Springfield remains in the Taney County Jail on 500-thousand dollars bond, charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit first degree murder. A probable cause statement alleges that Windy Friend helped facilitate the murders of the Porters and cleaned up after the crime. If convicted, she faces a possible sentence of 5 to 15 years in prison on each count.

Also due in court today is 68-year old Robert Campbell, Russell Porter’s uncle, indicted last month on two counts of first degree murder. Campbell is also in the Taney County Jail on 500-thousand dollars bond.

The remains of the Porters were found in Taney County in July of 2011.

Also charged with the murders are 44-year old Tony Friend of Springfield, his 26-year old son Phillip Friend of Kansas City, and 24-year old Dusty Hicks of Walnut Grove.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum