Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

+5
cherylz
artgal16
lisette
Lilone
Wrapitup
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ - Page 5 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 9:54 am

Each and every day Cindy Anthony shows the classic example of the ultimate enabler. Her jail visit today was just another example.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are some examples of enabling behavior.

•Repeatedly bailing them out - of jail, financial problems, other "tight spots" they get themselves into
•Giving them "one more chance" - ...then another...and another
•Ignoring the problem - because they get defensive when you bring it up or your hope that it will magically go away
•Joining them in the behavior when you know they have a problem with it - Drinking, gambling, etc.,
•Joining them in blaming others - for their own feelings, problems, and misfortunes
•Accepting their justifications, excuses and rationalizations - "I'm destroying myself with alcohol because I'm depressed".
•Avoiding problems - keeping the peace, believing a lack of conflict will help
•Doing for them what they should be able to do for themselves -
•Softening or removing the natural consequences of the problem behavior
•Trying to "fix" them or their problem
•Repeatedly coming to the "Rescue"
•Trying to control them or their problem

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ - Page 5 Empty Re: The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~

Post by Lilone Sat May 07, 2011 10:38 am

Cindy has created this monster with her own two co-dependent hands. I feel for her only as a mother who has been rejected by her child and as a grandmother who has been traumatized by the murder of her granddaughter. Otherwise, she can share responsibility for what happened with her evil daughter.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat May 07, 2011 11:40 am

Cindy will never give up - even if Casey blames them she will still support her
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 am

Does anyone know how far Pinellas county is from Orange? It seems there is activity at the county courthouse for something big.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Pinellas County is a county located in the state of Florida. Its county seat is Clearwater, Florida, and its largest city is St. Petersburg.

It's about an hour away.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 2:20 pm

If you scroll down they are taking a survey of how many will watch the trial. I voted yes.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Cindy makes her appearance and deposit.

Thank you Cindy. Rock on!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat May 07, 2011 2:40 pm

If Pinellas is only an hour away there are going to be a great many people who know about this case and also probably think Casey is guilty - Im sure that the defense is dismayed.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, the duhfense did try to object, but ultimately decided that Judge Perry doesn't care what they think...!!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 pm

You know it just struck me that tomorrow is Mothers
Day, would it have killed Casey just to see her mother to say happy mother's day I love you and then say -gotta go!
She could have done that - instructed the lawyers to tell Cindy that she would see her but only to tell her happy mothers day. If she truly loved her mother she would have arranged that.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Maybe she wrote her a letter or sent her a card.

Would Baez advise against that as well??

I wonder if Casey is getting Mother's Day cards. Sarcasm Electric Chair :muahaha: gum huge waste ruled
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 pm

artgal16 wrote:If Pinellas is only an hour away there are going to be a great many people who know about this case and also probably think Casey is guilty - Im sure that the defense is dismayed.
Well, the defense asked for another venue and they got it.
I think it's safe to say even JP knows Casey is guilty. If Bozo or Mason don't like Pinellas County, too damn bad.
I think it's great!!! IF that is where the jury is coming from. :cheering: :woot: :celebration: :cheers: Fingers Crossed rocking smile
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 07, 2011 8:18 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cindy makes her appearance and deposit.

Thank you Cindy. Rock on!
Jeanne, thank you for the link. There is a video of Cindy leaving the jail w/a WFTV reporter following her and asking questions.

Sorry, I cannot embed it, but it's a MUST see!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 pm

What Im worried about in Pinellas is they wont be able to find someone impartial to seat on the jury
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 07, 2011 10:46 pm

I've said it before and I w/say it again...I would lie through my teeth to be seated on that jury!!!

And, I don't think I am alone.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 11:08 pm

The problem with Cindy and Casey is that they both want to be on top. They are Disfunction Junction.

Casey is all aglow with being in the spotlight and Cindy can't stand it. So Cindy shows up at the jail and Casey says..go home. So Cindy drops off a big check.

It is like a ping pong game. You win, no you win, you win again.

Power struggles. That house had to be on fire with those two living in it.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 11:10 pm

A while back Judge Perry said "If you leave at 8am you will make it to court on time". Now he says "See you at jury selection at 8:30".

That tells me the place he selected is very close. Very close indeed.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 11:45 pm

An eyewitness special presentation.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

This is what is going to happen on Monday.

Judge Perry starts off immediately in this video.

I didn't realize they would go home after being selected.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun May 08, 2011 12:05 am

Looks like Gabrial is truly gone. Lots of reasons for him to leave and not many for him to stay.

This had to have been a blow to the defense "team".
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 am

This gives information on Casey and where she is located. She will be moved probably tomorrow to the new county jail. Where jury selection will be.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

The case against Casey Anthony ~ May 2011~ - Page 5 Empty Casey’s Jury Likely From Pinellas County

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 08, 2011 3:12 am

Posted: 11:24 pm EDT May 7, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Everyone is still waiting to find out where jury selection will be held for Casey Anthony’s trial.

According to our sister station in Tampa, WFTS, jury selection will likely happen in Pinellas County. WFTS says three independent sources are all confirming that information. The St. Petersburg Times is also reporting a lot of unusual activity at the county's courthouse. However, Orange County court officials are refusing to confirm a location until Monday morning.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun May 08, 2011 6:40 am

Casey is still in Orange County Jail. As of today.

ANTHONY, CASEY 03/19/1986 25 In Custody ORANGE COUNTY JAIL ORANGE COUNTY JAIL

I wonder if when they are moving her it will say "in transit"?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:17 am

I am ready for this trial to get going. Any word yet on if the cameras will be in the court room during jury selection? This pool of jurors will be released to go home every night and google this case on the internet before jury selection is completed. I want Casey to get a fair trial as that is the only way to get justice for Caylee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun May 08, 2011 11:45 am

LM I heard that yes there will be sound in the courtroom during jury selection but the cameras will be pointed at the Seal of Florida. Humm now I am wondering if we will see the attorneys and Casey but not the jurors. I donno.

I would love to see the look on Caseys face as one after one say "I can't serve because I think her guilty".

That should be interesting. Don't know if we will see her or the lawyers.

I am suprised with all of this secrecy that they are allowing them to go home with Judge Perrys instructions to read nothing about this case.

I would head to either my daughters home or the local library and read all I could read. But then again if anybody in Florida got a jury subpeona for Monday they have to have a Clue. Don't they? Sarcasm
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Interesting post by Marcena over at the Hinky Meter.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks Jeanne for posting that. I agree on Marcena post being interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Jury Selection Begins Monday In Casey Anthony Trial

Court Spokeswoman Says Jury Venue Not Disclosed Yet

POSTED: 2:44 pm EDT May 8, 2011
UPDATED: 4:40 pm EDT May 8, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla.-- Jury selection will begin Monday for the Casey Anthony murder trial.
Some news organizations -- The St. Petersburg Times, WFTS-TV, and The Orlando Sentinel -- said there are indications the jury selection will be in Pinellas County.
The Ninth Judicial Circuit, which encompasses Orange and Osceola Counties, won't reveal the jury selection location until Monday morning.
Court Spokeswoman Karen Levey issued a statement Sunday saying, "The court has told no media organization of the jury venue location for the State vs. Casey Anthony. The court will advise all media tomorrow morning of the jury venue location - - not before then."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Picking a jury for the Casey Anthony trial

By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Sunday, May 08, 2011 5:46 AM
ORLANDO --
Monday morning, Casey Anthony's defense, the state and the judge will begin to pick a jury for her murder trial.

But choosing a jury will be no easy task. Twelve people are needed -- the standard number for a capital murder case -- plus a yet-to-be-determined number of alternate jurors.

Judge Belvin Perry has chosen a county outside of Central Florida to choose an impartial jury.

He has kept the exact site of jury selection a closely-guarded secret, saying he does not want any pretrial publicity in the area, and ordering that the location be kept secret until 8 a.m. Monday.

When he began talking about jury selection in January, Perry said it will be different, describing it as like going to summer camp.

Here's his plan: Judge Perry will take about 100 people who have already been summoned and will be in court at 8 a.m. Monday.

He will then randomly divide that group into small groups of 10, and separate the groups into different rooms. This is to make sure people are not talking about the case, and essentially tainting or tampering with one another.

Judge Perry will then call the potential jurors in, one by one, and ask them each four questions, including:

"What hardships would you face being on a jury for a case expected to last for weeks?"
"How much do you know about the Casey Anthony case, and how much have you been exposed to it?"
The last two questions would deal with the death penalty, to determine if the candidate qualifies to be on a jury in a death penalty trial.

Finally, defense and state attorneys will ask their own questions.

The defense has already submitted a jury questionnaire. That can sometimes help to quickly dwindle down a large pool of potential jurors, but whether Judge Perry will actually use that questionnaire remains to be seen.

There could also be a prepared statement, approved by the state and the defense, to be read to each jury candidate.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Here it is, Mother's Day and the day before the jury selection. I wonder if this even phases Casey? Very ironic, don't you think?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Here it is, Mother's Day and the day before the jury selection. I wonder if this even phases Casey? Very ironic, don't you think?
Yes it is ironic. I think a part of me will always feel some sympathy (not much) to CA and GA. What happened on Saturday was a huge smack in the face to CA. KC is a monster leaving all kinds of "victims" in her path. I am going to try to listen in on the jury selection tomorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sun May 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Lindamarie I agree. There is only 1 murderess in this case. No grandparents should have to endure what they did. Sure, I do not understand what they do. I do not like how GA and CA have behaved throughout all of this, however, to have to live this life, without Caylee...knowing what happened...it makes my heart ache.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

WFTV.com Live Trial Coverage

WFTV.com will be providing comprehensive live online coverage of the trial. Here is what you can expect each day court is in session:
Video: Live in court for jury selection (9am start)
Video:Trial cam #1 follows the action (9am start)
Video:Trial cam #2 shows Casey in court (9am start)
Audio: Daily audio live from inside court (9am start)
Join live-blog every day of trial (8:45am start)
Note: Our new live video player no longer times out, so you can enjoy the live video coverage without having to refresh.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

As Anthony jury selection starts Monday, those chosen will put lives on hold
By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
6:59 p.m. EDT, May 8, 2011

When the jurors chosen to serve in the Casey Anthony trial are brought to Orlando, their lives will be put on hold.

The 20 — 12 jurors and eight alternates — will be sequestered. And that can be personally and emotionally taxing.

The court system will put the jurors up in a hotel, feed and transport them back and forth to proceedings. For two months — or as long as the trial takes — the jurors will face many restrictions on where they can go, what they read and watch on TV, and even how often they can speak to family members.

The high-profile nature of the Anthony case and its seemingly endless pretrial publicity has made it almost a no-brainer that the jury would be sequestered.

"The idea of sequestration is to ensure that the jury is not improperly influenced by information that exists outside the courtroom," said Charles Rose, a professor at Stetson University College of Law. "What you're trying to do is control the information to the jury."

Florida law requires jurors in capital cases be sequestered during deliberations. But nothing mandates that a jury be sequestered during the entire trial. That is up to the judge.

And in Anthony's case, Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry has decided the jurors will be sequestered — at a cost of about $360,000.

It has been about 20 years since Orange County has sequestered a jury for the duration of a trial.

"They have to be removed from the flow of information," Rose said. "That used to be relatively easy to do. It is now a nightmare."

Difficult to seat a jury

As soon as 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony went missing in the summer of 2008, the case was thrust into the national spotlight. The publicity snowballed as mounds of photos and evidence against her mother, Casey Anthony, were released.

Orlando jury consultant Susan Constantine said sequestration is an excellent idea for jurors in the Anthony case.

"In a case like this, you don't really have another choice," she said, adding that sequestered juries are even more difficult to seat. "I think it's going to be a real hard thing to find someone who will give up their life for two months."

Seating a jury in the John Couey trial four years ago in Miami proved challenging.

Couey was charged in the 2005 abduction, rape and murder of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford in Citrus County. The trial was moved to Miami because of the extensive media coverage.

During jury selection, a woman's ferret got her out of duty — she said her pet would be left alone if she were sequestered for several weeks to hear the case.

A jury was eventually seated and was sequestered for about three weeks.

Torrell Mathis, a married father of three from Leisure City, was one of those jurors.

He said the jury members stayed on a single floor at a hotel. They had a designated eating area, and another area where they could watch movies and play cards and board games.

Security was very tight — officers guarded the elevator in case anyone tried to gain access to the floor, Mathis said.

Mathis says now that the sequestration accomplished what it was designed to do.

"They had us there so that we would not be persuaded in any kind of way," he said. "Being sequestered kept us focused on what we were doing. It isolates you from what's going on."

Another juror who served on the Couey case, who spoke with the Orlando Sentinel on the condition of anonymity, said she thinks being sequestered made the trial less hectic.

"To be careful of what you said and careful of what you see just would have been a whole lot more stressful," she said.

Being sequestered also helped protect jurors from the media covering the trial.

'Life or death is on the line'

Life for the Anthony jury during the trial won't be easy.

More than 500 members of the local and national media have requested credentials to attend part or all of the proceedings. The scene outside the courthouse, and in the vacant lot across the street — which will be transformed into a media village of sorts — is sure to be a circus.

Capital cases are stressful for jurors, even when they are not sequestered; Anthony faces death if she is convicted on the first-degree murder charge.

"It has to be unnerving at best, and potentially quite unsettling, to be whisked away from your support system, job and other means of doing business," said James Acker, a professor at the University at Albany School of Criminal Justice in New York. "Day-to-day involvement in a trial where somebody's guilt, innocence, life or death is on the line — that just has to enhance pressures."

Experts say jurors can experience post-traumatic stress disorder from serving on a jury — particularly trials with gruesome evidence.

The Couey juror who asked not to be identified said she sat so close to the evidence she could have reached out and touched the items, including the mattress where Couey sexually assaulted 9-year-old Jessica.

"It was very stressful," she said. "It was a difficult trial."

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 pm

lisette wrote:WFTV.com Live Trial Coverage

WFTV.com will be providing comprehensive live online coverage of the trial. Here is what you can expect each day court is in session:
Video: Live in court for jury selection (9am start)
Video:Trial cam #1 follows the action (9am start)
Video:Trial cam #2 shows Casey in court (9am start)
Audio: Daily audio live from inside court (9am start)
Join live-blog every day of trial (8:45am start)
Note: Our new live video player no longer times out, so you can enjoy the live video coverage without having to refresh.

Lisette, thanks so much for the above info!

I think under the circumstances (jury selection w/have live feed) we should have a thread for the jury selection. I noticed under Casey Anthony's thread, LM has one already set up.

Linda, please transfer to the lounge first thing in the morning. Thanks!

I am really surprised JP is allowing camera's and audio. Who knew?

This is going to be a media frenzy/circus like no other. So, I hope we all get a good nights sleep because as of 9am, EST...the circus in on! I cannot even begin to imagine what this week will be like, and find it hard to fathom they will have seated 12 juror's w/alternates by Friday. I think Baez and Mason w/make life as difficult as possible for JP and the prosecutors. And, everyone must keep a straight face. I just don't see how Baez and the Anthony's, including Casey, w/be able to pull this off for the next 8 weeks - plus! crazy3

And, no interruptions on the live feed!!!

So, here we go!! Finally!!

Justice for Caylee!! :cheering:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun May 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Here it is, Mother's Day and the day before the jury selection. I wonder if this even phases Casey? Very ironic, don't you think?
How appropriate for Casey that her trial starts the day after Mother's Day, I certainly hope she takes that as a sign and a negative one at that.
I can't believe I'm saying this, I must be out of my mind but I felt sorry for Cindy this weekend. Casey the b**** easily could have let her Mom in for a short visit and her cold heart turned her Mother away, again. No matter what Casey learned while being brought up by Cindy she's still her Mother and she could have faked it. Good example of how cold Casey's heart is and what do I expect from someone who could murder her own daughter - see I am out of my mind.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon May 09, 2011 12:45 am

This is from Marcena the one that gave the report on the Hinky Meter that I posted up thread.

This kind of reminds me of Murt. You all remember Murt? lol

By the way i checked and Casey is still in her Jail Cell. Has not been transported yet.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 am

Some info on Ipad usage.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm

There is a NEW thread in the Lounge about the jury selection. Please don't post about the jury on this thread.
:thanks:

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Thank you, BJ!! I think from this point on, everything w/be about the jury selection, so I am going to lock this thread for now.

If I see data coming in that is NOT about the jury selection but about The Casey Anthony case in general, I will be happy to unlock.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Here is the link for the current topic on the case against Casey Anthony.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks, LM!! That heading is subject to change frequently!! ruled ruled ruled
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5