Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

+20
truthbtold
lisette
gavinsgrammy
Love4My5boys
Silvahalo
NiteSpinR
ladyjustice37
TerryRose
raine1953
janie
Boston_Lady
cherylz
laga
jeanne1807
adelacruz
Nama
artgal16
charminglane
Heike
Wrapitup
24 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 20 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by laga Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 pm

I feel the same way Cheryl!!! I can't help feeling there is something fishy about that jury. Maybe it is as Marcia Clark said, she made a lot of sense, but even believing that, it still seems like there is something just not right. Not only their verdict, but their comments of justifications for their verdict. Whatever reason it is attributed to, the jury most definitely did not do their duty, it was not an example of how our justice system is supposed to work.

laga

Back to top Go down

Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged! - Page 20 Empty Re: Thread # 1 (7/5 - 7/11) Casey Anthony Verdict ~ Guilty of only providing false information to Law Enforcement x4/ Will get out of jail Sun., July 17, 2011! There was NO Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony/ America is outraged!

Post by Heike Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank you for all the links and info...I got caught up after taking a little "Casey" break for sanity this weekend! I have recorded shows to watch this week, as we prepare for all that we will feel NEXT Sunday...

I appreciate shareing with all of you.

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 pm

The miserable postscript for a Casey Anthony juror

By Kerry Sanders, NBC News
Her name remains a secret. She’s known simply as juror number 12. And while she has a certificate from Florida’s 9th Circuit, embossed with calligraphy thanking her for her duty as a member of the Casey Anthony jury, her life since being released from that duty has been one of cat and mouse.

A red-haired woman in her 60s who moved to Florida from Michigan, she told the court she worked at a Publix Grocery when she was questioned as a potential juror.

Now, she’s in hiding.

Juror number 12 left Florida. Her husband, fighting back tears, tells NBC News he’s not sure when she’ll return to her home in Florida.

Why? He says she fears half of her co-workers want her head on a platter.

The other may understand what she did, but she didn’t want to face them.

She was due to retire in the fall, but Juror number 12, after being released from sequestration, chose to call her boss to announce she couldn’t come to work. She didn’t feel safe.

She retired over the phone.

The husband, who sat with two NBC News producers, glanced repeatedly at his blood pressure monitor on the coffee table and the Bible next to it.

This God-fearing family describes the after-effects of the Anthony verdict as traumatic.

First, for 44-days, he was separated from his wife.

And she was separated from the quiet life they once shared. And now he remains concerned about her health.

And now, they both face vitriol from those who are unwilling to accept a jury of peers reached a fair verdict based on the evidence presented.

In a back room, the husband has a manila envelope filled with letters.

Each is a request from a different news organization asking Juror number 12 for an interview.

Her husband had packed his own bag and says he’s ready to leave if and when the court releases his wife’s name. For now, the court record of all the jurors’ names remains sealed.

Her husband says, before she left the state to escape, she told him “I’d rather go to jail that sit on a jury like this again.”

-- Eliana Salzhauer and Debbie Huntting of NBC News contributed to this report

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boo hoo hoo!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:02 pm

I agree wholheartedly that the dishonesty of the defense is a massive issue...throughout the trial, I would have a rant about it, but I NEVER thought it would nullify the truth!!!!!

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Nancy Grace Has Feelings, Too
The pugnacious HLN anchor, who’s prepping a Saturday special on Casey Anthony, hits back at critics of her crusading anti-Tot Mom coverage, telling Lloyd Grove the case “has really hurt my heart.”
Jul 9, 2011 9:00 AM EDT

Say what you will about Nancy Grace—and practically everything has been said about her—she isn’t simply the razor-tongued scourge of criminal defendants everywhere who has gotten rich, and become a television star, by doing an impression of Alice in Wonderland’s Queen of Hearts.

Lewis Carroll’s zany yet terrifying monarch kept shouting “Off with her head!” and “Sentence first—verdict afterward!”

Nancy Grace says similar things in a Macon, Georgia, accent.

But wait. You wouldn’t know it from her popular eponymous 8 p.m. program on HLN—where all this week she’s been trashing the “kooky jury” that just acquitted Florida party girl Casey Anthony of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee—but Grace claims to side with Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz’s maxim that it’s better for 10 guilty people to go free than for a single innocent to be thrown in jail.
Nancy Grace

Jamie McCarthy / WireImage / Getty Images

“I think that is probably true,” Grace tells me. “I agree with Dershowitz. I respect Dershowitz… I don’t enjoy any miscarriage of justice, even if it is the reverse of what has occurred in Casey Anthony’s case.”

Here’s another surprise: For all her tough talk and thick skin, the pugnacious former prosecutor isn’t immune to the criticism and ridicule that is heaped upon her daily by the legal and media elite. Despite “the fact that a juror or media critic, or whomever it may be, dislikes me or what I have to say, I didn’t come into this to be voted Miss Congeniality,” Grace tells me. “I know that I’m going to be criticized, and I know that it will hurt my feelings when I hear it.”

Hold on: It will hurt her feelings?

“Of course it hurts my feelings!” she answers. “Yes, it’s hurtful to hear comments made about me. I know that one day [Grace’s 3½-year-old twins] John David and Lucy can read those online and it’s going to be hurtful to them, and they’re going to wonder why. But more important than that, I can’t care about that—because I have to keep doing what I believe is the right thing to do.”

Ramping up the passion, she adds: “Frankly speaking, a 2-year-old girl is dead! Her body rotted in a swamp! Her skull was full of sediment! I hardly think that I have room to complain that someone has criticized me… Whenever you take a position, whenever you believe in anything, whenever you stand up for anything, someone is going to hate you… So what are your choices? You can either stand by and be silent, and let the injustice occur, or you can care. And you can have the backbone to speak out. If I listened to my critics, I would still be at home under my bed right now.”

Frankly speaking, a 2-year-old girl is dead! Her body rotted in a swamp! Her skull was full of sediment! I hardly think that I have room to complain that someone has criticized me.

Actually, Grace is on her cellphone right now, taking a break from preparing her weeknight show and a two-hour Casey Anthony special that airs on HLN at 9 p.m. Saturday. She’s headed with her toddlers to Grandpa’s Bounce House in Kissimmee, Florida, down the road from Orlando, where she has been ensconced for the trial for the past several weeks. “They love bouncy houses,” Grace says of her twins. “They love to go up and come down all the time—and yes, Mommy goes up on 50-foot inflatable slides.” Her husband left town, so she and the kids will be bouncing under the watchful eye of her executive producer.

“I have not slept at all, and when I’m not at the courthouse, or not in the anchor chair, I have my twins with me,” says the 51-year-old Grace, who came to marriage and motherhood late in life. Investment banker David Linch, her spouse of four years, “has been here from the get-go but he had to fly out of town this morning at, like, 5 a.m. Lucy had just wet the bed and I had just changed her and got her fresh pajamas, then John David heard movement and he jumped up and came in so we all got together. Then they both said they wanted a warm bottle, then the warm bottle was too hot, so we had to put cold milk in, blah blah.”

Even with all that domestic hubbub, to say nothing of attracting nearly 3 million viewers nightly, the biggest ratings of her career, Grace has already found time to vent some private emotions over Caylee and the not-guilty verdict for the 25-year-old defendant she invariably derides on the air as “Tot Mom.”

“Oh, goodness,” she says. “I cried this morning over it.”

After “Tot Mom” was convicted of lying to the police but acquitted on first-degree murder, manslaughter, and aggravated child-abuse charges, Grace famously told viewers: “I absolutely cannot believe that Caylee’s death has gone unavenged… As the defense sits by and has their Champagne toast after that not-guilty verdict, somewhere out there the devil is dancing tonight.”

Grace has been especially severe on the 12-person jury, which she has accused of all manner of perfidy. “I said that one of them was arrested for DUI, one of them was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, one of their sisters was arrested for beating up her own father along with her boyfriend,” Grace acknowledges. “And I think when you have been arrested or you do jail time, you have a negative perception of the prosecution. And I understand that. If I had to do jail time, I’m sure I would think that I didn’t deserve it and have a negative opinion of the state. But that is absolutely who I would not want on my jury.”

She has been notably scornful of jurors and members of the defense team who allegedly are attempting to cash in on the high-profile trial. Smirking into the camera, she has voiced particular outrage that one of the jurors, who for the most part have retained their anonymity, reportedly engaged a PR company to broker fees for television interviews, and that Jose Baez, the lead defense attorney, has apparently hired a talent agent.

But isn’t HLN and its parent company, Time Warner, and for that matter Grace herself, also making money off the tragedy?

“With every story that TV covers, somebody—some corporation, some shareholders—are making money,” she retorts. “That’s true whether covering Libya, Iraq, the tsunami in Japan, Osama bin Laden, whatever story there is. That day, the shareholders are making money off it. Every newspaper that’s sold, somebody’s making a dime. I feel that’s the way people make a living. As a prosecutor, I got a paycheck for coming to work every day. I didn’t get a promotion when I won, and I didn’t get a demotion when I did a bad job.”

Similarly, Grace, a year into her latest three-year deal, might be making millions at HLN, “but I have no financial incentives in my contract with Time Warner—none!—regarding ratings,” she says.

She was recruited to television by Court TV founder Steven Brill after toiling for nearly a decade as a prosecutor in Atlanta—less a job than a mission, she says, after her fiancé was senselessly shot and killed when she was a 19-year-old college student. It turned out that the camera loved her, especially her penchant for purple melodrama and raging hyperbole, talents that are more richly rewarded in a television studio than in the courtroom, where judges occasionally disciplined Grace for her over-the-top tactics.

She remains unapologetic about her notorious on-camera interrogation of 21-year-old Melinda Duckett, who shot herself to death in 2006 the day after Grace grilled her mercilessly about her whereabouts on the day her son Trenton went missing. “She committed suicide as the FBI were on their way to question her in the disappearance of her 2-year-old son,” Grace says. “Ms. Duckett had given many, many interviews where she had been asked the very same questions I asked her. I do not believe her suicide was the result of me asking her softball questions.” After Duckett’s family filed a wrongful death suit against her, Grace settled the case for $200,000.

And Grace doesn’t like questions about her relentless cheerleading of the prosecution during what turned out to be an entirely bogus rape case against three Duke University lacrosse players—a case in which the lead prosecutor was ultimately disbarred for unethical conduct.

“Have you read the transcripts on our show?” Grace demands. “At no time did I ever say the Duke lacrosse players were guilty—ever, never!” Maybe not, but she did unleash gems like “I’m so glad they didn’t miss a lacrosse game over a little thing like gang rape.” And on the April 2007 day that the three were exonerated, she found it necessary to be elsewhere instead of anchoring her show.

But Grace long ago moved on. Today it’s all Caylee, all the time.

“She reminds me so much of my twins,” Grace says. “I thought I knew all about crime, having been a crime victim, knowing about justice, having been a prosecutor all those years, and I didn’t know anything until I had the twins. They changed everything in my life. This case has really hurt my heart.”

Launching into her closing argument, Grace goes on: “A lot of people have criticized me for saying that the jury verdict is wrong, but I do not believe that the fact that I am an upstanding member of the D.C. and Georgia bars somehow suspends my right under the First Amendment. Because the day we stop looking at our justice system, the day that we stop criticizing it, the day that we stop loving it, that is the day that it will be destroyed—the day that we stop caring. And I care.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:50 am

"Investment banker David Linch, her spouse of four years, “has been here from the get-go but he had to fly out of town this morning at, like, 5 a.m. Lucy had just wet the bed and I had just changed her and got her fresh pajamas, then John David heard movement and he jumped up and came in so we all got together. Then they both said they wanted a warm bottle, then the warm bottle was too hot, so we had to put cold milk in, blah blah.” <------- Nancy Grace above

Her 3 1/2 yr old twins are being potty trained but are still on the bottle? Did I read that right?
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:34 am

Bombshell wrote:Almost time for the Diane Sawyer special about Jaycee Dugard!!

p.s. can anyone tell me if Caylee's death certificate will be changed now that Casey has been acquitted??

I cant imagine the out come of the trial changes the death certificate. I saw some of the interview of Jaycee Dugard last night. I am going to find it and post the interview.

As far as NG goes. Her interview was insightful. I think she is rude to her guests on her show and I would never subject myself to an interview with her. But what she said about "if you care then stand up for what you believe in or sit down and shut up". She did not use those exact words but that I what I walked away with after reading the article posted by wrap. All of us who have stayed together for the last 3 yrs "we care" and we stood up for what we believe in and will continue to. As far as Juror number 12, she should be very afraid. There is a lot of crazy people in Florida. I don't feel sorry for her or any of the other jurors. They made their bed now they have to lay in it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 am

ORLANDO, Fla. — One of Casey Anthony's defense lawyers says he's worried about her safety once she's released from jail after being acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter.

Cheney Mason told the NBC's "Today" show Monday he doesn't know where Anthony will go when she's freed Sunday from a Florida jail. He said she would need time and counseling to re-enter society after being jailed for nearly three years before and during her high-profile trial. She was convicted of four counts of lying to law enforcement.

Mason said Anthony's relations with her parents were "pretty well burned" after the trial, where her defense team contended she was sexually abused by her father. Her father, George Anthony, denied the claims.

Jail records show Casey Anthony refused a visit Friday from her mother, Cindy Anthony.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 am

Just saw this. Of course, with Wendy Murphy espousing this cause, I don't know if it can be believed...We know how much she knows about this case...NOTHING...If you ever saw her on any of the shows.

Child Prostitution, Porn Evidence May Be Hidden in Sealed Casey Anthony Files; Legal Expert Demands Records Be Released
Written by Kate Bommarito.

BOSTON, MA – “I am frustrated with what I would describe as the lack of full disclosure of the full truth,” said Wendy Murphy, a legal analyst, law professor and victims’ rights advocate specializing in child and sexual abuse cases, regarding the Casey Anthony murder trial.

“I read thousands of pages and covered the case and read everything carefully from day one,” said Murphy. “My concern is that this trial was not about the truth. Much of the case remains under seal.”

Murphy told Scott Hennen Show listeners that there is “an awful lot of evidence in this case” under seal suggesting that Casey Anthony was involved in prostitution and pimping out Caylee for child porn purposes. “There was child porn, prostitution and a lot of sex stuff behind the scenes, the back story in terms of what Casey was doing and how she was making a living.”

Photographs of Casey seized from her home along with the search warrants for computers were all under seal. “We should all be demanding full disclosure of the entire case file and an answer to the question of what was so horrific about the photographs of this child that they were under seal.”

Murphy stated that many of the facts known about Casey and Caylee, particularly on the dates of June 16-22, 2008, when Caylee first went missing, did not support the prosecution’s arguments for murder and motive. Murphy wrote in early June that because of those facts, Casey Anthony would be aquitted.

But that does not get to the bottom of what really happened, and Murphy is pushing hard for further investigation into the case. “I don’t give a damn about Casey Anthony. I think she was pimping her child and that she is a horrible mother…But there will be no justice for Caylee Anthony until the full truth is known, which means release the entire case file, including the sealed search warrants and the sealed photographs.”

Murphy is hoping that the files will be unsealed, and that Casey Anthony will be re-charged with “what she really did” before being released from prison. “If they found photographs of that child in any form of undress and that is not brought to light and there is no prosecution, then shame on our legal system.”

Since none of the evidence was used in the murder trial, if new charges involving child abuse, prostitution, and sexual abuse are brought against Casey Anthony, double jeopardy would not apply. “I am hopeful that the reason you didn’t hear about that stuff is because she is going to be prosecuted,” Murphy commented.

If charges are filed, Anthony would be prevented from signing any pending publicity deals surrounding her story.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am

What the heck is this woman talking about - first she said that Casey Anthony wasnt guilty and now she thinks there is child pornography involved? I think Murphey has gone off the deep end.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 am

I know, Art. I probably shouldn't have even posted that article. I'm convinced that Wendy Murphy is talking about a completely different case than we are.. la la la
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

I know of no evidence under seal except for the tape where she heard they found a childs body in the woods and that will be released soon I think.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Weren't there awful pics of KC that they didn't want GA to have to see? The ones we saw were basically of her partying. I rem. there was one of KC in a somewhat compromising sit.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 am

I saw those pictures as well -Casey in some tight clinches with another woman at a party -she was dressed in that black outfit that had some playing card
designs on it as well. It wasnt porno by any means just showed her probably drunk or high there were other people in the room it was just a party.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

Although I would not have wanted Caylee to have gone through any of what Wendy Murphy is insinuating, if there is any truth to it there is hope that Casey will get her just desserts.
Like Artgal, I know of no evidence under seal.
It would be interesting to hear NG take on it.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

artgal16 wrote:What the heck is this woman talking about - first she said that Casey Anthony wasnt guilty and now she thinks there is child pornography involved? I think Murphey has gone off the deep end.
Wendy Murphy seems to be on the opposite side of everyone else ALL THE TIME. I don't put much stock in what she says.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 am

Isn't there anything that Casey could be charged with, put on trial again, that would land her in prison? Jay walking, spitting on the sidewalk??? ANYTHING!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am

BJ, she will be under such intense scrutiny from the public that she will be turned in if she so much as coughs on another person.
Thank goodness. Some general population time would do the nation wonders.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Can I add here that River Cruz shares some responsibility for KC being found not guilty? Her vengeance over being dumped by GA did not help the State at all. I am feeling angry about all of this again today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 pm

According to wftv it was the Anthonys at that restort

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 pm

I still wonder WHERE Casey and Caylee went for those 2 years that she was suppose to be working at Universal? Where did she go? What did she do? This has never really been discussed as far as I know. Most of her friends worked. There had to be some place she went for two years. This is what I want to know.

As far as NG, yes..I caught that they still give the twins the bottle. Whatevaaa..

And, the DP attorney for the defense was just on and said she thinks even Casey is not sure what happened to Caylee. WHAT????? How can she say that after what Bozo said in opening statements?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

lindamarie wrote:Can I add here that River Cruz shares some responsibility for KC being found not guilty? Her vengeance over being dumped by GA did not help the State at all. I am feeling angry about all of this again today.
I agree. Although, I do think she told the truth. I do think GA had an affair w/her. It just made the jury question him even more. They didn't like GA one bit.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Anthony verdict commented on by high official in Congress:

The top Republican in the Senate invoked the high-profile acquittal of Casey Anthony on charges she murdered her daughter as a reason to oppose the use of civilian trials for terrorism suspects.

"These are not American citizens. We just found with the Caylee Anthony case how difficult is to get a conviction in a U.S. court," Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said on "Fox News Sunday." McConnell has called on the Obama administration to place suspected terrorists in Guantanamo Bay and prosecute them in the military justice system.

"I don't think a foreigner is entitled to all the protections of the Bill of Rights. They should not be in U.S. courts. They should be at Guantanamo and before military commissions," McConnell said.

The Anthony case was handled by local prosecutors in a Florida state court, while federal terrorism cases are handled by federal prosecutors from the Justice Department's National Security Division. According to the federal data, federal prosecutors had an overall 93 percent conviction rate in fiscal year 2010. DOJ has defended the use of the civilian court system and says over 300 international and domestic terrorists are incarcerated in federal prisons. The Justice Department recently indicted a Somali man with alleged ties to Islamic extremist groups in federal court in New York.

DOJ has accused McConnell of distorting comments made by Attorney General Eric Holder about the use of civilian courts. A spokesman for McConnell did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his latest remark on Sunday.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:17 pm

[url= [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Well heck that sure is the Anthony's lounging around in the sun. With the death threats it might be hard for them to ever go back. Poor Caylee. Did you all see how muddy and yucky the conditions are right now where Caylee laid for 6 months?
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:19 pm

artgal16 wrote:Anthony verdict commented on by high official in Congress:

The top Republican in the Senate invoked the high-profile acquittal of Casey Anthony on charges she murdered her daughter as a reason to oppose the use of civilian trials for terrorism suspects.

"These are not American citizens. We just found with the Caylee Anthony case how difficult is to get a conviction in a U.S. court," Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said on "Fox News Sunday." McConnell has called on the Obama administration to place suspected terrorists in Guantanamo Bay and prosecute them in the military justice system.

"I don't think a foreigner is entitled to all the protections of the Bill of Rights. They should not be in U.S. courts. They should be at Guantanamo and before military commissions," McConnell said.

The Anthony case was handled by local prosecutors in a Florida state court, while federal terrorism cases are handled by federal prosecutors from the Justice Department's National Security Division. According to the federal data, federal prosecutors had an overall 93 percent conviction rate in fiscal year 2010. DOJ has defended the use of the civilian court system and says over 300 international and domestic terrorists are incarcerated in federal prisons. The Justice Department recently indicted a Somali man with alleged ties to Islamic extremist groups in federal court in New York.

DOJ has accused McConnell of distorting comments made by Attorney General Eric Holder about the use of civilian courts. A spokesman for McConnell did not immediately respond to a request for comment on his latest remark on Sunday.

i'm not that smart.. so i'm finding this article difficult to understand.. can somebody put it for me in plain terms?
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Alma....he believes that when there is a suspected terrorist caught in the U.S. they should be tried by a military court and not by average Joe-schmoes. He saw how difficult it was to convict one of ours by a jury of her peers.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:22 pm

There is a huge dispute about where we should try prisoners held in Guantanamo Base in Cuba through military courts or in civilian courts. MConnell in this article is saying "look how hard it is to convict someone so obviously guilty in a regular court of law now days"
re the Casey Anthony case and making the argument
that if we try the prisoners from middle east held in Guantanamo they might get off if tried in a civilian court rather than a military court.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I too am having a hard time letting go. The whole thing sickens me. I took a break from it, as much as I could over a busy summer w'end. But, it is still there today. Nothing changed. I can't let go completely, that would be apathy in my mind.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm

artgal16 wrote:Wrap where did you see that comment from Ann Finnell?
On HLN.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

HLN says Casey will be released in the middle of the night and four or five vehicles with tinted windows will go out as well so you dont know which one she is in and that she will be wisked off to a PRIVATE JET and leave Florida. wow
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Well that don't surprise me. Middle of the night and whisking her out of Florida. I could not bare watching her leave jail any way. I am wondering if her Parents will meet up with her in a different State? I can see them all walking off in to the Sunset like none of this ever happened.
angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm

They are treating her like a rock star! OMG! Who is paying for the private jet?

I do NOT see Cindy or George being whisked away, too. I doubt seriously that Casey has any need for them anymore. She used them and abused them and is through with her parents.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Linda Cheney Mason said on the Today show that the relationship with her parents is "pretty much burned"
and I believe that. I do NOT believe that Casey wants the Ants to benefit in any way. Its payback time for Casey - her parents jobless, her brother jobless, the only one working is Mallory, I wonder how long that will last.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

I know that is what they are saying. I guess I don't believe a word her defense team says not to mention the whole Anthony family lies constantly. Can KC sue her Parents now over the Caylee trademark name? So she makes all the money off Caylee name rather than her Parents?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

You know its hard in life to become an "orphan" suddenly for most people - I wonder with Casey though, sociopaths dont care about anyone - if she could kill her own child, how much does she really care about her parents and brother? Not at all Id imagine. I know that this story isnt over - we will hear about her in years to come and it wont be anything good.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 pm

TeamNancyHLN Team Nancy HLN
Tampa based public relations agency has made an offer to represent jurors for free who want to release statements regarding #CaseyAnthony
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:50 pm

what a selfish lil brat!! her mom lied on the stand for her, took part in saving her life!! but whatever. the only people that would love her unselfishly are her parents. i really hope her life continues to go downhill from her. A la OJ. He's now in jail paying for what he did..
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:56 pm

What I want to know is, how did all those animals die that the Anthonys have? Ive know people that had the same dogs and a cat for almost 20 years - the Anthonys had an awful lot of pets that died if you ask me.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 pm

artgal16 wrote:What I want to know is, how did all those animals die that the Anthonys have? Ive know people that had the same dogs and a cat for almost 20 years - the Anthonys had an awful lot of pets that died if you ask me.

i was thinking the same thing!! maybe KC got jealous of the attention her pets where getting??
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Me thinks Miss Anthony will be resting at one of the homes one of the attorneys owns on one of the islands until this all dies down.

Rumor...Rumor
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Casey Anthony: Jury foreman a decent guy who said Anthony was disgusting, Greta Van Susteren says
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Fox News Channel — posted by halboedeker on July, 11 2011 3:48 PM

When Greta Van Susteren interviews Juror No. 11, the foreman in the Casey Anthony trial, you won’t see his face or learn his name tonight.

But she was impressed by the physical education teacher when she interviewed him Saturday in Pinellas County.

“He’s a nice, decent guy who took his job very seriously and it’s on the tape that he thought she was disgusting,” Van Susteren said this afternoon. “Looking at the remains will stay with him the rest of his life. Whether you agree with the verdict or not, the jury did their best with what they were provided by the prosecution and the judge’s orders.”

The interview airs at 10 tonight on “On the Record” on Fox News Channel. Defense attorney Cheney Mason is another guest; Van Susteren hadn’t interviewed him yet.

“It really is imperative of us in TV to remind viewers that we see a lot of the trial,” Van Susteren said. “We don’t see the trial as the jurors do. Being in person in the courtroom is different from watching on TV. The jury is never asked if a person is innocent. As a juror, you could walk out of a courtroom thinking, ‘I’m 95 percent certain the person committed the crime.’ They’re told not to be guided by emotion.”

Van Susteren said the foreman was worried about his two dogs. “It’s a hardship to serve on a jury,” she said. “They had no clue that the guy flipped the bird. They never heard a lick of that. All those sidebars, no idea. They’d be marched out of room and they didn’t hear what we heard.”

Van Susteren said people have always been unhappy with the verdicts in high-profile cases. Anthony was acquitted of first-degree murder last week in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“This wasn’t one person — 12 people were not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt,” Van Susteren said.

The strong reaction to the verdict has sent one juror into hiding. The foreman didn’t want Van Susteren to show his face or share his name.

“These people are paying a price for service on the jury,” Van Susteren said. “It’s possible it’s going to make some people not want to serve.”

She added: “These trials are so serious. I don’t want to discourage people from serving as jurors. When I tried cases, we needed jurors.”

Van Susteren said it’s the responsibility of the media to help people understand the process and not inflame it. And she rejects any complaints that she has inflamed the process.

“Look at all our shows. I’ve shown nothing but respect for all the parties,” she said. “I’ve kept the lid on this. There’s been no hysteria on my show.”

Some people have complained that the jury didn’t deliberate long enough. “If you go in and 12 people say it wasn’t there, what are they supposed to do?” Van Susteren asks. “The shorter verdict showed great certainty.”

Her take on the prosecution? “I thought the prosecution overtried the case. I never would have put in the sniff machine. It had not been tried in another court and it would have handed the defense an appeal.”

Her take on the defense? “I can’t quibble with the verdict. It’s like criticizing someone who wins a race. What can I say?”

Her take on Chief Judge Belvin Perry? “I thought he did a good job. He was low key and moved the trial [along].”

And she adds: “Being on TV is a lot easier than trying cases. It is not easy trying a case. You don’t sleep at night.”

-------

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20