Roy Kronk sues National Enquirer for $15 million - Paper ran headline saying 'meter reader killed Caylee

Go down

Normal Roy Kronk sues National Enquirer for $15 million - Paper ran headline saying 'meter reader killed Caylee

Post by Nama on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Roy Kronk, the former Orange County meter reader who discovered Caylee Anthony's remains in 2008, is suing the National Enquirer.

The focus of the defamation suit against the tabloid newspaper is a story that ran December 9, 2009, headlined "Meter reader killed Caylee."

In smaller type, the headline also says "Casey Anthony says."

Howard Marks, a Winter Park attorney, filed the suit in Orange County Circuit Court on Kronk's behalf. The suit seeks damages in excess of $15 million.

"We believe the article is obviously false and misleading," Marks said.

The article also included claims that Kronk engaged in "inappropriate behavior with young girls" and "holding women against their will," as well as a statement that "He was probably the one that murdered Caylee or had something to do with it," according to the suit.

The article that spurred the lawsuit is based on interviews with two of Kronk's ex-wives and the daughter of a former girlfriend.

Mike Antonello, general counsel for American Media, publisher of the Enquirer, took issue with the defamation claim.

"You will see we were very neutral in our reporting on this matter," Antonello said in an email.

"We state that Anthony's allegations were not supported by police reports or prior convictions," Antonello added.

In July, Marks filed suit against bounty hunter Leonard Padilla. That suit, also alleging defamation, seeks more than $15,000 in damages.

Kronk found the toddler's remains Dec. 11, 2008, in woods off Suburban Drive, near the Anthony family home.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, was tried in Orange County in her daughter's death. She was acquitted July 5 of the most serious charges against her, including first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse. She was convicted of four counts of lying to law-enforcement officers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Roy Kronk sues National Enquirer for $15 million - Paper ran headline saying 'meter reader killed Caylee

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

I am wondering WHY Kronk waited so long to file this suit.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Roy Kronk sues National Enquirer for $15 million - Paper ran headline saying 'meter reader killed Caylee

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 am

I'm not surprised that he has filed lawsuits... I bet it just took his attorney a while to figure out just who he'd be able to go after.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum