Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison!

+2
HippyChick2
Nama
6 posters

Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison!

Post by Nama Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Lindsey

A Tennessee woman secretly gave birth to twin boys in a toilet in the home she shares with her parents and then smothered the infants and hid their bodies in a bedroom laundry basket, police said Friday.
Lindsey Lowe's father discovered one of the bodies Wednesday morning and called police, Hendersonville Police Lt. Scott Ryan said.
"Someone can give me 100 explanations as to why, but I will never be able to understand this fully," he said.
Lowe, 25, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder. She remained jailed Friday pending a Monday appearance before a Sumner County judge.
She gave birth to the first baby between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Monday, according to an affidavit filed by police.
Lowe, who according to the affidavit confessed to killing her newborns, said she didn't look at either of the babies as she "placed her hand" over each child's mouths to stop them from crying.
Lowe told authorities that she knew she was pregnant "almost the whole time" but that no one else -- including her family -- was aware, according to the affidavit.
It took a "couple of minutes" for the first child to die, according to the affidavit, while Lowe said the second baby died more quickly. Both children were males and full-term, weighing about 5 to 6 pounds, the affidavit said.
The woman told police she placed the bodies in a laundry basket and covered them with blankets to hide them.
She was at work at a dental clinic for children when her father found the bodies, police said.
One of her co-workers, Michelle Stainback, told CNN affiliate WTVF that "we're all just shocked and saddened."
"I've tried to put myself in that position over and over since last night," she said. "You don't know what they're thinking or what they're going through."
Ryan admitted that authorities still didn't have all the answers and added that the suspect was "very sad" when he last saw her.
"In the (17 years) I've been in Hendersonville ... this is the only time that I've seen crimes such as this," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BJ on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty PDF: Hendersonville Police Dept. Affidavit

Post by Nama Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Both babies were boys.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Re: Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison!

Post by Nama Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Lindseylowe

Lowe is charged with two counts of first degree murder. She was booked into the Sumner County jail where she is being held without bond.

She has no other children and no prior arrest record.

Detectives did not immediately release the identity of the victims' father.

Police said there is no evidence to suggest anyone but Lowe was involved in the newborns' deaths.

Lowe is scheduled to appear in court Monday morning for a bond hearing. A preliminary hearing has been set for September 28 at 9 a.m.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Re: Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison!

Post by HippyChick2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 pm

How sad. So many other women would have loved to have adopted one of the twins. Or even both. How selfish of her to extinguish those little lives, and how SICK also. Hope she goes to jail for a good long time.
But, we can no longer be sure our justice system will do the obvious. Its a 50/50 crapshoot she will do time for this, JMO.
After FLMSCA, nothing our legal system does shocks me anymore.

Last edited by HippyChick2 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 pm

When I first saw her picture i was thinking scared teenager, but when I read she was 25 I thought WTF. Its not like shes a little kid that didnt know better. This makes no sense what so ever. I wonder if the babies father knew she was pregnant and if they were together.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Lowe hearing reset for Oct 25

Post by Nama Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:07 pm

A preliminary hearing in the first-degree murder case of Lindsey Lowe has been reset due to a scheduling conflict of the presiding judge.

The hearing, originally set for Oct. 11 in Sumner County General Sessions Court, is now scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 3 p.m., according to a media release from Sumner County District Attorney Ray Whitley’s office.

The hearing had to be moved from its previous setting due to a scheduling conflict of Judge Jim Hunter which requires him to be out of the county and unavailable, the release said.

Lowe, 25, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder on Sept. 14 after Hendersonville police say she confessed to smothering her newborn twins in the Mansker Farms home she shared with her parents. She was released on $250,000 bond on Sept. 20.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Police: Father of smothered TN twins not fiance

Preliminary DNA tests prove that the fiance of a Tennessee woman did not father the newborn twin boys she is accused of smothering, verifying what she told police about the children's paternity, a detective testified on Tuesday.
continue at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 pm

The case against Hendersonville woman accused of suffocating her newborn twins and hiding them in a laundry basket has been bound over for the grand jury.

Lindsey Lowe, age 25, appeared in court Tuesday afternoon for a preliminary hearing on charges of first degree murder. Her family and some supporters joined her in the courtroom.

Lowe has been accused of killing both of her newborn twin boys after they were born in a toilet in her parents' home. Her father discovered one of the babies in a laundry basket and called 911.

Hendersonville Police Det. Steve Malach testified that when he first took Lowe to police headquarters for an interview, she talked about her interest in interior design and hope to one day opening a business in that field.

It was when she was being interviewed that they first learned about the second baby.

Lowe admitted to police that she cheated on her fiance Jonathan Brooks in December 2010 and January 2011 with a man named Jeremy Smith. Paternity tests revealed that Smith - not Brooks - was the father of the twins.

Lowe sobbed audibly as Malach described how she had told him of the affair that occurred in December and January.

Police said Lowe told them that she did not tell Brooks or Smith about the pregnancy.

Lowe's attorney, John Pellegrin, said after the hearing that it was the first time she had heard the results of the paternity test.

An additional bond hearing was scheduled after it was revealed that Lowe tested positive for an unprescribed valium at one of her check-ins with a probation officer.

The drug was a violation of the terms of her probation.

Defense attorney John Pellegrin said he was considering an insanity defense. Prosecutors have said they may seek the death penalty.

The last time Lowe was in court for a bond hearing, she was handcuffed, wearing a prison jumpsuit, and under suicide watch.

Lowe has been out of jail on bond for more than a month and staying with her parents at the same home where she allegedly killed her newborn sons. She returned back home on September 21 on supervised bond, after her attorney said her grandparents offered their home for collateral to pay the $250,000 bond.

Before the babies were buried at a private ceremony in September, family members named them Mark Alvin Michael Lowe and Paul Duvoll Tate Lowe. Lindsey was in attendance.

Members of her church also held a public vigil for the twins in September.

The grand jury was scheduled for November 7.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Lindsey Lowe remains free on bond

Post by Nama Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 am

Nov. 4, 2011

Lindsey Lowe, the Hendersonville mother charged with two counts of first-degree murder for the death of her infant twins, remains free on bond after Sumner County General Sessions Court Judge Jim Hunter made the decision for her bond and supervised probation to remain the same Friday.

The state had requested the revocation of Lowe’s bond, which defense attorney John Pellegrin countered, saying his client was not a flight risk.

Testimony was heard from Lowe’s father, Mark Lowe, who said he gave his daughter two Valium on the day of the twins’ funeral to calm her down. Mark Lowe added she has passed at least two private drug screenings since she tested positive a second time for benzodiazepine on Oct. 10.

Hunter said his reasons for setting bond initially were still valid.

“When I originally set the bond, I did not think she was a flight risk,” Hunter said. “I’m still satisfied that she’s going to show up for court. I don’t find that Ms. Lowe has intentionally tried to violate her probation, I still don’t think she’s a risk to the community.”

Lowe, 25, was arrested Sept. 14 and charged after allegedly admitting to police she held her hand over each twin’s mouth shortly after their births two days earlier. The twins were found in a laundry basket by Lowe’s mother. Lowe was released Sept. 20 on $250,000 bond.

Lowe’s case will be heard by a Grand Jury this week.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 pm

They should NOT have let her out. She is a liar. She could flee. OMG, this makes me so damned pissed off!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Jury convicts Tenn mother in newborn twins’ deaths

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm

GALLATIN, Tenn. (AP) — A jury found a 26-year-old Tennessee woman guilty of murder Tuesday in the 2011 smothering deaths of newborn twins found in her laundry basket.

The jury of seven men and five women convicted Lindsey Lowe, of suburban Nashville, of felony murder, premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse. She was immediately sentenced to life in prison by the judge.
Lowe, who was often emotional at trial, didn’t break down as the sentence was pronounced. She was dry-eyed when she turned to sobbing family members and friends in the courtroom before being taken into custody.
The defendant, who toted a Bible throughout much of the seven-day trial, told them softly, “I’m OK. I love you all. He’s with me,” as she pointed toward the sky.

At trial, jurors saw a video of Lowe telling police she had given birth alone on Sept. 12, 2011, in the bathroom of her parents’ home on a quiet cul-de-sac in an upper-middle-class neighborhood.

The bodies weren’t found until two days later. A family member discovered one baby dead in a laundry basket at the home in Hendersonville, 20 miles northeast of Nashville. When police arrived to investigate, officers found the second body under a bloody sheet in the same basket.

Lowe was engaged at the time but became pregnant during an affair with another man, jurors were told. She hid the pregnancy from her family and friends, and the defense and prosecution offered competing arguments as to why.

Hendersonville Police Detective Steve Malach testified that Lowe told him during an interrogation that she had kept her pregnancy secret so as not to disappoint her fiance or add to the stress of a family member’s illness. In a video of the interrogation, Lowe said she “maybe” smothered the babies.

“I was just trying to keep them quiet,” she said on the video.

Two police officers who found the babies in Lowe’s laundry basket were barely able to contain their emotions as they recalled the events on the witness stand.

Officer Jeremy Fentress described pulling back a bloody towel. He then had to stop speaking for a few seconds before continuing: “After I pulled the bloody towel back, I saw a deceased infant.”

Fentress said he touched the baby with two fingers and found the infant was cold and not breathing.

The second was found by Sgt. James Garrett, who fought back tears as he described how the two babies were still attached by their umbilical cords to a single placenta.

Prosecutors also introduced graphic autopsy photographs of the infants.

Det. Malach testified that police searched the home thoroughly but found no evidence that Lowe had made any plans for the birth.

The defense argued that Lowe’s confession was not reliable because she was “divorced from reality” at the time.
Psychiatrist Dr. William Kenner testified for the defense that Lowe had blocked out her pregnancy, then suffered shock and delirium from blood loss after she gave birth.

“Lindsey Lowe was pregnant, but she refused to accept it, her mind refused to accept it,” defense attorney John Pellegrin had told the jury.

Prosecutor Ray Whitley countered that by presenting evidence of Internet searches on Lowe’s iPhone for information on inducing labor.

Family, friends and church members, who have rallied to support Lowe, were sobbing after the verdict was read by Judge Dee David Gay.

The two murder convictions both carry a life sentence, which in Tennessee means Lowe will serve a mandatory 51 years in prison. Judge Dee Gay will rule on whether the two sentences will be served concurrently or consecutively at an April hearing. Gee will also determine whether Lowe must serve additional time for the aggravated child abuse conviction.

Defense attorney Pellegrin declined to comment after the verdict.

District Attorney General Ray Whitley sad it was a “sad situation for a young lady to get a life sentence, but she’s the one who did it.”

Lowe’s father, Mark, and sister, Lacey, testified on her behalf during the trial, both saying no one knew she was pregnant. The sister said they both had been in a wedding just days before the birth and Lindsey Lowe didn’t appear pregnant when she undressed in front of other women in the wedding party.

The defendant didn’t testify. “I just don’t feel like I can emotionally handle it,” she told the judge Monday, while fighting back tears.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Good enough, life in prison. I hope they run consecutively and that she has to serve some additional time for the aggravated child abuse conviction.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank's to "Wild About Trial" for this. I had forgotten about this horrific case!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Mother Lindsey Lowe charged with two counts of first-degree murder after she tells police she hid pregnancy, smothered her newborn twins/ UPDATE: 3/19/13: Guilty! 2 counts. Life in Prison! Empty Judge sentences Lindsey Lowe to concurrent life sentences

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Apr. 26, 2013 12:02 PM
Written by
Tena Lee
Gannett Tennessee

A Sumner County judge has sentenced Lindsey Lowe to two concurrent life sentences for the murders of her newborn twins.

The 26-year-old woman was convicted in March of two counts each of felony first-degree murder, premeditated first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in the 2011 deaths of her two sons.

The murder convictions carried automatic life sentences, but Sumner County Criminal Court Judge Dee David Gay decided today that those life sentences would be served concurrently instead of consecutively.

She also was sentenced to 25 years for her conviction of aggravated child abuse.

Lowe killed the babies in the bathroom of her parents’ home.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I will never understand how someone could kill a child let alone a newborn... 2 newborns?
She deserves to be put away for life, in a place where she's unable to conceive another child.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down