11th grader Abdullah Bakhsh builds missing persons website, Net Sirens Special

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal 11th grader Abdullah Bakhsh builds missing persons website, Net Sirens Special

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Fort Wayne - Every day people go missing. One innovative teenager has created a network where people can report missing people at one site and that information is populated to all websites participating.

Each second that passes in missing persons cases can mean live and death. netsirens.com is a new tool that can help improve the odds of locating a missing person by getting their information and picture out to a variety of web sites.

The site was designed and build by 11th grader Abdullah Bakhsh of Fort Wayne, Indiana. This industrious 16-year-old future software engineer came up with the idea of Net Siren one day on the bus.

"I was riding on the bus and saw one of those 'Have You Seen Me?' posters," Bakhsh said during a phone interview. "I thought to myself that those posters don't have as much of an impact in today's world. Today having this information on the Internet gets more coverage."

Bakhsh become to design the Net Sirens site just a mere four months ago along with the support of his father.

"Net Sirens gets your information into a database allowing your ad to be targeted to the area of the world that it's most relevant," Bakhsh explained, "This application can be added to any web site so your missing persons report can be on many areas of the Internet."

Three weeks ago Bakhsh launched the site and more recently added a Facebook page. Already there are 145 people who have liked the page.

So far his father is Bakhsh's only sponsor. The project has cost him about $200 and he sees those costs rising.

"Hopefully Net Sirens will help find more missing people," Bakhsh said, "That's the goal."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 11th grader Abdullah Bakhsh builds missing persons website, Net Sirens Special

Post by laga on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm

I hate to be a downer but I see so many problems with this my hands would be weary from listing them all.

JMO

laga

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 11th grader Abdullah Bakhsh builds missing persons website, Net Sirens Special

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:32 pm

I give him MAJOR props for attempting this!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I give him MAJOR props for attempting this!!

Definitely! I just doubt he is prepared or aware of the many pitfalls and problems he faces.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:44 pm

IDK, stranger things have happened!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm

I think it's great! I hope he continues on.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum