Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking!

+7
NiteSpinR
mommyof3kids
Wrapitup
laga
artgal16
charminglane
lisette
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking! - Page 4 Empty Re: FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking!

Post by raine1953 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 pm

It seems to be the trend lately. I'm just sayin...

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking! - Page 4 Empty Re: FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking!

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 am

Sky Metalwala Still Missing One Year Later

by Web Publisher
Posted on November 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:55 PM

REDMOND – Solomon Metalwala sits at a corner table of a Redmond restaurant, his soft voice wavering, “Sky, wherever he is, he’s not home…”

It has been nearly one year since police declared his 2-year-old son, Sky Metalwala, missing. The boy’s mother, Julia Biryukova, told police her car ran out of gas and she left Sky in the car while she, and Sky’s sister, went to get help. She told police when she returned, Sky was gone.

“I think her story is a bunch of crap,” says Solomon. “I think the whole story about her running out of gas is a bunch of baloney.”

Metalwala says he now believes something happened to Sky before that day: November 6th, 2011. He and Julia were locked in bitter divorce and custody fight. He chose to canvass the neighborhood after his son’s disappearance. Julia has still not given a statement to police or made a public attempt to find her son.

“When a person hides, doesn’t do anything, lead to the question okay why isn’t this person doing what they are supposed to do?” Solomon adds “She is definitely hiding something.”

Metalwala’s attorney Clay Terry is more blunt. “I think Julia extinguished that child’s life.”

Terry says he believes, based on Julia’s erratic behavior just before, and after Sky’s disappearance, that she has something to do with it.

“I think this child passed from a lack of care,” Terry says, “More likely negligently than intentionally.”

“No mother would ever leave a child locked up in the seat, with the door open, and take one child and leave the other to get gas,” Terry adds, “Sky was not in the car, that was an absolute lie.”

Bellevue Police acknowledge that Julia admitted at one point leaving her children alone on more than occasion. She has otherwise been uncooperative. Police have not named a suspect, or made an arrest. The Bellevue Police Department has declined repeated requests for even a written statement on the status of the investigation.

Terry believes, in part, it’s because Julia and her extended family have not helped. “Not once have they ever lifted a finger to help us find this child. If that’s not an indication of wrongdoing,” says Terry, “The circumstances in its totality indicate something bad has happened.”

Solomon says he still remains hopeful that his story will have a happy ending. “I still believe he is alive. There is no evidence that he’s dead, and I’m a believer.”

Metalwala is planning a public vigil for his son, on Saturday, November 10th at 4pm at the Redmond Downtown Central Park, at 16119 Redmond Way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 pm

She's going to get away with it. LE 'invited' her in for a poly? OMG talk about handling her with kid gloves!!!! angry What ever happened to good ole' water boarding? Rhetorical question of course.
I don't see why they don't file child abandonment and neglect, it worked in the Gabriel Johnson trial and she could still be charged with murder on down the road.
Another case where the victim has no rights!!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking! - Page 4 Empty Kirkland father speaks about moving out of homelessness since son, Sky Metalwala, went missing

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 pm

By CARRIE RODRIGUEZ
Kirkland Reporter Editor
MARCH 9, 2013 · 9:58 AM

Solomon Metalwala’s small Kirkland apartment doesn’t have crown molding, big screen TVs or any fancy things that people usually furnish a new home with.

But it’s home. And it’s the start of a new life with his young daughter after more than a year searching for his missing son Sky.

“Well, my life has been pretty interesting but I only have three minutes, so I’ll make it really quick,” said Metalwala to a room full of laughter during KITH’s fourth annual fighting homelessness luncheon on Friday at The Westin Bellevue.

As more than 160 people listened to Metalwala, a KITH client, tell his unforgettable story, a screen behind him showed a picture of his smiling children, 6-year-old Maile and Sky, who was 2 years old when he went missing in Bellevue in 2011.

In a soft spoken voice, he described his two homes he had before he became homeless - a $265,000 Bellevue condo overlooking Lake Washington and a nearly $1 million home in Kirkland’s South Rose Hill neighborhood.

“I had a beautiful house in Bellevue and Kirkland - but it was never a home,” said Metalwala. “We had beautiful pictures, crown molding, TVs - I had all the bells and whistles because I was making a lot of money at that time. But it still wasn’t a home.”

He said the economy and the “friction in the household” caused he and his then-wife Julia Biryukova to lose both homes. The couple was going through a contentious marriage.

And then he received the news.

“The worst news that any parent can ever hear is when you see three cops come to your door and say, ‘Well, where’s your son,’” he recalled. “On Nov. 6, 2011 I found out that my little boy, Sky Metalwala, was missing and that led me to do hundreds and hundreds of searches, uncountable interviews and I couldn’t work. There was no way.”

The boy’s mother told police that she left Sky in her car after it ran out of gas in Bellevue that day. She claims she walked with her daughter to get help and when she returned the boy was gone.

The investigation into the boy’s whereabouts is still ongoing and police have found few leads.

In the meantime, Metalwala’s divorce was finalized in March 2012 and he was given custody of his daughter. Biryukova, who has refused to speak with investigators about her son’s disappearance, was disallowed visitation rights with her daughter.

Following the disappearance, Metalwala moved into his mother’s Kirkland home.

“We kind of nourished our little family to a point where we needed our own place,” he said. “But not working, not having an income and also going through a divorce and lawyers, every saving I had was gone.”

That’s when God “put a notion” in his heart that he should get a place of his own so that he could “grow” with his daughter, he said.

“I said alright Jesus, that’s fine but did you see my bank account,” he said as the audience laughed.

One of his friends told him about how she had received housing help from Section 8, but that it would probably take him a couple of years to secure housing under that program.

So he connected with KITH - Kirkland Interfaith Transitions in Housing - a nonprofit organization in Kirkland that combats homelessness within the Eastside community. In less than two months, he moved into an apartment with his daughter in October 2012.

“My daughter and I, we got to celebrate her birthday in a home where there’s so much love,” he said. “We don’t have any bells and whistles, but we have a place where we’re safe. We know when we come home we can just be ourselves. And when you’re homeless, you don’t have that kind of grounding. [A home] provides you with that.”

He meets with his KITH caseworker every two weeks and they are working on moving him towards self-sufficiency by the end of the year.

He said KITH has been invaluable to his family as they move through their grief and re-focus their lives.

“Almost every day Maile comes to me and says, ‘I love our home. I love our little apartment,’” said Metalwala. “And I just thank God that we have a place that we can just call our own and she can grow up with just the initial things.”

Jennifer Barron, executive director of KITH, noted that this year’s One Night Count, organized by the Seattle/King County Coalition on Homelessness, found 190 people without shelter on the Eastside in January. That number was up 30 percent from last year’s count of 138 people.

“I have been stunned when people ask me, ‘Do we really have homeless people on the Eastside,’” said Barron, who has been with KITH for five months. “So the answer is yes, we do have homeless people in our community.”

During the event, keynote speaker Dr. Joseph Castleberry, who is the president of Northwest University, spoke about the community’s “incredible moral opportunity” to help those experiencing homelessness.

The Bill Petter Homeless Housing Advocate Award was also given to Ron Boscola, general manager of Bellevue-based Murray Franklyn. The company’s employees helped renovate KITH’s Salisbury Court apartments last year.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 pm

The fact that this so called mother refuses to talk is infuriating to me! That sweet little boy is missing and the ***** just won't open her mouth and that's OK. Something is very wrong here. JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:05 pm

I still don't understand WHY she has Never been arrested!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

FBI Joins Search for Missing 2-Year-old Washington Boy: Sky Metalwala. Foul Play is NOW suspected! Father has re-gained full custody of their daughter. Still No Arrests and Mother is Not Talking! - Page 4 Empty The Strange and Unending Case of Sky Metalwala

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am

By Ellis E. Conklin Mon., Apr 1 2013 at 07:01AM

Seventeen months later, and the mother still refuses to talk with authorities or cooperate with them in any way.

Seventeen months later, and Bellevue Police still decline requests for even a written statement on the status of their investigation.

Seventeen months later, and there seems to be nary a clue as to the whereabouts of Sky Metalawala.

The strange saga burst onto front pages throughout the region Nov. 6. 2011. That was the day, the two-year-old toddler’s Ukrainian-born mother, Julia Biryukova, told police she was driving with her two children to Overlake Medical Center that Sunday morning when the car, her brother’s two-door Acura, ran out of gas and stalled in the 2600 block of 112th Avenue Northeast in Bellevue.

Biryukova, 30 at the time, said she left Sky fast asleep in his car seat and, leaving the car unlocked, she and her little daughter, Maile, then four, walked about a mile to a gas station. When she returned, nearly an hour later, Sky had vanished, she said.

Investigators scoured a twenty-block area. They went door-to-door, but nothing. There were no signs of Sky.

Her story had holes in it a mile wide. For one thing, police say the car had plenty of gas and was in good working condition. No gas can was found in the car. Biryukova declined to take a polygraph test and invoked her 5th Amendment rights.

This was not the first time Sky Metalwala had been left alone in a car. As the Associated Press reported on Nov. 8, 2011, “When he was just 3 months old, court records revealed, his parents left him in their sport utility vehicle in a Target parking lot for 55 minutes on a 27-degree day. They only came out of the store to get him after police arrived and asked for the vehicle’s owner to be paged.”

Around the time of Sky’s disappearance, Biryukova and the boy’s father, Solomon Metalwala, of Kirkland -- who separated in March 2010 amid bitter back-and-forth protective orders and allegations of child abuse and psychiatric problems -- were engaged in a bruising custody battle.

“We had an arbitration hearing on November 2 over the divorce (four days before the disappearance) It lasted thirteen hours,” Metalwala’s attorney Leslie Clay Terry told Seattle Weekly last week. “She agreed to take custody of the two children and that Solomon would have visitation rights. Well, the next day, her attorney said like she felt she’d been talked into something she didn’t want, and she no longer wanted him to have visitation rights. She is a bitter, vile person.”

Or, as Terry bluntly told the Kirkland Reporter shortly after Sky’s disappearance, “We are talking about a life of a two-year-old child, whose mother is so vindictive and hateful, probably due to mental illness to some degree, that she is obsessed with the thought that she must prevent Solomon from (having) their children. She is not intelligent, and she definitely does not have what many would consider a creative side … I am not saying that to be mean, but we are in the trenches trying to come up with a way to circumvent Julia’s silence while her baby is missing.” ,

On Dec. 5, 2011, Solomon Metawala was granted custody of Maile, who was placed in foster care after her brother went missing.

Biryukova’s attorney, Rob Wyman, a public defender, did not return phone calls.

After seventeen anguished months, Terry, who is working pro-bono on the father’s behalf, has nothing but unkind words for Julia Biryukova. “She concocted that hospital story and when she realized no believed it, she hired an attorney. She has not helped us one bit,” fumed Terry.

Terry maintains that the child was long gone before the mother told her story. “She’s a clean freak, and she probably bleached everything out.”

Theories abound as to what may have happened to Sky. At one point, Metalwala, who says his son was last seen in April 2011, when there’s a record of him seeing a doctor. He’s also speculated in the past that Sky’s disappearance might be connected to a visit from his estranged wife’s foreign father who visited from Ukraine that spring. Perhaps, the grandfather brought him back to Ukraine.

“But now I don’t know how that could have happened,” Metalwala, who last saw his son in December 2010, told the Weekly.

Terry, when asked why the police have no compelled the Biryukova to come to the station and submit to an interview, had this to say, “They could bring her in, but if they did and charged her, say with child neglect, she could then have her attorney provide her with every single document and piece of evidence that police have been gathering over the past seventeen months. They don’t want to do that, and we don’t want them to do that -- to give her all that information.

“It is not worth it. We know she’s the culprit.”

Biryukova lives alone in an Redmond apartment and is doing very little. For a time, she ran an ad looking for a man of mean’s on the dating site seekingarrangement.com. The site bills itself as the “the elite sugar daddy dating site for those seeking mutally beneficial relationships.” The profile was created using Julia Biryukova’s name and says she’s a “happy, single, loving Christian and mommy of two beautiful babies.” More recently, on March 21, she took to Craigslist with an ad that read: “I am heartbrokenly single, hopelessly looking for a stable job. Help?” She took the ad down several days later.

As far Sky ever resurfacing, Terry is beyond pessimistic. “I don’t think he’s alive. Solomon doesn’t like when I say that, but that’s what I think,” the Bothell-based attorney said. “Again, I think the mother is the culprit. I don’t think it was intentional. It may have been negligence. We don’t know.

Said Metalwala: “Until I have solid proof [of his child’s demise] I am not giving up.”

In the interim, he added, “I am raising Maile to be a princess. I am trying to be the best dad possible.”

Bellevue police spokesman Carla Iafrate said three detectives -- two from Bellevue, one from Redmond -- are still working the case.

“This case is still ongoing. It is still open. It is still active,” she said. And, seventeen months later, “Leads are still trickling it.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4