Jeff Ashton appeared on Dr Phil on Wednesday, Nov 16. His Book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony", was released 11/15/11 ~ Will you read it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Jeff Ashton appeared on Dr Phil on Wednesday, Nov 16. His Book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony", was released 11/15/11 ~ Will you read it?

Post by raine1953 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks BJ for posting that. I'll be programming my DVR for Jeff Ashton for sure!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeff Ashton to appear on Dr Phil on Wednesday, Nov 16

Post by Nama on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Dr. Phil McGraw opened his current season with a ballyhooed — and high-rated — interview with George and Cindy Anthony, parents of Casey Anthony.

McGraw returns to the Anthony case in an interview with former prosecutor Jeff Ashton, who is promoting his book, “Imperfect Justice,” about the case. The “Dr. Phil” chat will air at 3 p.m. Wednesday on WOFL-Channel 35.

In the “Dr. Phil” interview, Ashton discusses how he thinks Caylee Anthony died and why the jury acquitted Casey Anthony of murder in her daughter’s 2008 death.

“Jeff will reveal the contents of Casey Anthony’s psychological report. This has never been disclosed before,” McGraw says in the preview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed the video because it plays everytime you click on this thread and we now have the actual show that BJ posted ~ Thank you, BJ ~ You Rock!!)
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Jeff Ashton appeared on Dr Phil on Wednesday, Nov 16. His Book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony", was released 11/15/11 ~ Will you read it?

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Can he legally release the contents of her psycho report?? I bet Bozo will have a COW!!

Thanks for the reminder, BJ!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Jeff Ashton appeared on Dr Phil on Wednesday, Nov 16. His Book, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony", was released 11/15/11 ~ Will you read it?

Post by Nama on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:30 pm

I posted the video and article on an existing thread and then decided to give this story it's own thread....then I split Raine's comment and moved it to this thread.......it looks like she was commenting on a post before it was posted......really, Raine IS OK!!! It looks like she might be psychic....... she's not crazy3

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Can he legally release the contents of her psycho report?? I bet Bozo will have a COW!!

Thanks for the reminder, BJ!!
I guess he can, unless this is news to Bozo and he jumps in and stops the show from airing. I'm setting my DVR, too.
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:01 pm

When you come to this thread, the video w/automatically play....

Looks like JA has gained weight. I hope he is getting a lot of R&R. He looked and acted completely stressed out (how could he NOT???) before and during the trial.

No DVR head bang but hope I remember this.

As far as Bozo, it is his MO to wait till the last possible second to do anything so I foresee him raising hell about a day before this airs. MOO!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Set the alarm on your cell phone, Wrap......set it to ring everyday at the time Dr Phil comes on and then change the setting after the show airs.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Done and Thanks!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:53 pm

That's me, miss psychic, just ask me anything you want to know! crap
The audio of the video above is the only thing that played on my computer anyway. That's OK, I'm going to watch this one for sure. My DVR's hard disc fried today and I don't know if I can get to my cable co in time to record this thou'!
I'm w/ you guys, don't know how Ashton can release her psycho report thou' but I sure do want to hear it!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 pm

LOL, Raine!!!

Run, do not walk..to get that dvr. (Ooops, almost forgot - "Nobody Walks in LA". roadrage

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 am

They close before I can get to the cable place unfortunately. I'm at the kids from 8:30 - 7 five days a week but I am going to ask Geoff if he'll take it by the place and exchange for me. Wish me luck!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Casey Anthony Trial: Prosecutor Jeff Ashton Reveals Caylee's Cause of Death

Post by Nama on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 am

Jeff Ashton, the former prosecutor in the Casey Anthony murder trial, has spoken out about the case, revealing his thoughts on how Caylee died and why Anthony was acquitted.
Ashton, speaking in an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, was also promoting his new book Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony.

"Jeff will reveal the contents of Casey Anthony's psychological report. This has never been disclosed before," said McGraw, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

The "Dr. Phil" interview will air Wednesday, following the Nov. 15 release of Ashton's tell-all Casey Anthony book.

Imperfect Justice, published by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, presents a "no-holds-barred blow-by-blow account" of Casey Anthony's murder trial.

Assistant state attorney and veteran prosecutor Jeff Ashton gives an "insider's account of the investigation, the trial, and the acquittal," according to the HarperCollins press release.

Ashton details what the prosecution got wrong, what they got right and why he is convinced of Anthony's guilt in the death of her daugther.

"I look forward to the opportunity to share the story of the three years we spent prosecuting the person responsible for the death of Caylee Anthony," Ashton said. "I will explore my take on what the public already knew and reveal what they didn't."

Imperfect Justice hits bookshelves Tuesday and will cost $17.81.

Casey Anthony was acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in July 2011 – a verdict that outraged and shocked many observers of the trial. She is currently serving probation for check fraud charges in an unrelated case at an undisclosed location in Florida.

Anthony began psychological treatment in September and is doing "well" a source close to the 25-year-old revealed.

"She hopes she will someday redeem herself and live a productive life," the source told People magazine.

In September, Orange County Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over Anthony's murder trial, ruled that the Florida mother had to repay $217,000 in costs related to the investigation and disappearance of Caylee.

Perry, who issued the first fine of $97,676.98, increased the reimbursement costs the 25-year-old owed four central Florida law enforcement agencies.

The additional payments came about after the Orange County Sheriff's Office provided Perry with a better-detailed account of their costs.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton has a string of media appearances to promote his book, “Imperfect Justice,” about the Casey Anthony case.

First top Tuesday: NBC’s “Today,” where he is scheduled to talk to Matt Lauer in the 7:30 a.m. half-hour.

Also on Tuesday, Ashton will visit “The Insider,” which airs at 5:30 p.m. on WKMG-Channel 6.

Later Tuesday, Ashton visits two HLN programs: “Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell” at 7 p.m. and “The Joy Behar
Show” at 10 p.m.

On Wednesday, Ashton will be a guest on “Fox & Friends” on Fox News Channel. Then he talks to Dr. Phil McGraw on “Dr. Phil” at 3 p.m. on WOFL-Channel 35
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 pm

A full report detailing retired prosecutor Jeff Ashton's new book on the Casey Anthony case will appear on OrlandoSentinel.com just after midnight.

Likewise, a version of the report will appear in the print edition of Tuesday's Orlando Sentinel.
The Orlando Sentinel has obtained an advance copy of "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," which goes on sale Tuesday.

The Sentinel agreed not to report or write about any of the revelations in the 322-page text until its release date.

The book is filled with insights, perspectives and behind-the-scenes details recollected by the now outspoken veteran prosecutor. The text also breaks news in the case that consumed Orlando and the rest of the country for much of the summer.

In early July, Casey Anthony, 25, was found not guilty of the most serious charges against her, including first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. The verdict from a group of Pinellas County jurors followed a trial that lasted more than six weeks. Casey Anthony was convicted of four counts of lying to law enforcement.

Civil cases stemming from the Casey Anthony criminal case continue to be litigated in the courts.

Check back with OrlandoSentinel.com after midnight for in-depth reporting on Ashton's book.

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 am

Jeff Ashton gets personal in new book on Casey Anthony trial

jeff ashton Cover of former Florida state attorney Jeff Ashton's book, 'Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony,' released Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011.
By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:35 AM

ORLANDO --

He didn't keep his emotions at bay in the Casey Anthony murder trial, and Jeff Ashton certainly isn't holding them back now.

The retired Orange County prosecutor is the author of a new book, in which he rips Casey's defense team and talks about his role in the case.

The 335-page book, released Tuesday, is called "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony."

Ashton didn't hold back on his opinions of the people he came across in the course of the case against Casey.

He called bounty hunter Leonard Padilla the "freeloading distant cousin you can't get rid of."

He referred to defense attorney Cheney Mason as "sexist," and said of Casey's lead attorney: "I genuinely dislike Jose Baez."

Ashton said he was brought on board the prosecution team as "the case's resident science nerd." His first job: Convincing Oak Ridge, Tennessee, scientist Dr. Arpad Vass to testify.

The first third of the book is a rehash of the circumstances of the case, with Ashton's thoughts sprinkled in here and there.

When he gets into December 2008, Ashton wrote one of the most gripping and emotional passages, describing himself in Medical Examiner Jan "Dr. G" Garavaglia's office, looking down on the autopsy table at the remains of Casey Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

I had seen adult skeletons many times, but this was my first time seeing a child's. How could anyone just throw Caylee away like that, with a laundry bag as her coffin? For a moment, I allowed myself to hate Casey Anthony.

Shortly after that, the death penalty was put back on the table, though in this book, Ashton said he would have been happy if death wasn't on the table, because he didn't think a jury would ever go for it.

Other memorable parts include Ashton calling Tropical Storm Fay from August of 2008 a "guardian angel" that worked in Casey's favor.

He also called the defense's request to remove Judge Stan Strickland "the stupidest move anybody in the Florida legal community had ever heard of."

And he said Casey's defense at trial was "a complete crock of crap."

Finally, Ashton dedicated his book to Caylee Anthony, "so no one forgets."

Ashton is set to appear on the "Dr. Phil" show Wednesday, where a promotion says he will talk more about the psychological reports done on Casey Anthony.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeff Ashton's book: Casey made up 'nuclear lie' about Caylee's death

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 am

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton calls Casey Anthony's accusation that her father George began molesting her when she was eight years old, then eventually started raping her, "the nuclear lie."

But what we haven't heard is what Ashton calls the much more alarming allegation he said she created around that lie -- that George had deliberately drowned Caylee while he was molesting her in the backyard pool.

Ashton wrote in his newly-released book, “Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony,” that Casey told Dr. Jeffrey Danziger, a local psychiatrist, that "she did not believe that Caylee drowned by accident. She did not believe that Caylee could have gotten into the pool on her own, because she couldn't have gotten the ladder up.”

Ashton went on to write, “Casey believed that her father drowned Caylee deliberately or drowned her while he was molesting her, even though she had no evidence that George had ever molested Caylee in the past," and even though shortly after her arrest, she told Dr. Danziger that she had never been sexually abused, Ashton wrote.

In his book, Ashton wrote that Casey also accused George of murdering Caylee sometime after pulling her out of the pool, that Caylee might still have been alive, because during the next 31 days, George told her Caylee was OK.

Ashton wrote that Casey told Dr. William Weitz, of south Florida, that during those 31 days, "she was in a fog. She did not have a clear recollection of what she did or why she did it. She did tell him that she was not a 'party girl.' In explaining the ‘Bella Vita’ tattoo, she said it was an ironic comment on the fact that her life hadn't been beautiful."

She also changed her story to Dr. Weitz, Ashton wrote, saying her father George had molested her into her "late teens, which was longer than in her other account. She also said she had been concerned that George might be Caylee's father until the DNA test done by the FBI ruled out that possibility."

She also told Dr. Weitz that she had Caylee sleep with her to protect Caylee from George, and that when she went to sleep the night before her disappearance, she was wearing a nightgown, but that when George had pulled Caylee out of the pool, she was wearing striped shorts and a pink shirt.

"She explained in great detail that George's upper body was wet but that his lower body was not. The doctor took that as an indication that George held Caylee underwater while he himself was outside the pool," Ashton wrote.

The defense, which Ashton wrote had first told prosecutors it was Casey who found Caylee in the pool, not George, rejected Casey's claim that George murdered Caylee, and argued the exact opposite during its opening statement:

“We are not, nor will we ever say that George Anthony killed Caylee or that he had something to do with her death and the reason's simple: It's not true. It was an accident,” defense attorney Jose Baez said.

Instead, the defense claimed Caylee drowned accidentally and George covered it up to avoid blame.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the defense used its legal latitude in settling on a more believable story.

“The defense certainly was smart enough to recognize that dog ain't gonna hunt. We're not selling that to the jury,” Sheaffer said.

The jury apparently bought some of that so-called "nuclear lie," and acquitted Casey of murdering her daughter Caylee in July. Casey was released from prison, though she is in hiding somewhere in Florida, serving probation for an unrelated check fraud case.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 am

Retired prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book takes aim at Casey Anthony's attorneys

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Nov 2011, 5:33 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 15 Nov 2011, 5:31 AM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Retired prosecutor Jeff Ashton, who was part of the prosecution team in the Casey Anthony murder trial, is taking aim at her attorneys in his new book, calling her lead counsel Jose Baez "smarmy." He writes that even though Anthony was acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter "may have deserved" the death penalty if convicted, he didn't think a jury would ever agree to the punishment.

Jeff Ashton writes in Tuesday's "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," that he would have been happier if the prosecution team left the death penalty off the table. He also confirmed that toward the end of the trial, Anthony's attorneys tried to persuade the 25-year-old to accept a plea deal but she refused to listen.

"Personally, I think I would have been happier if the death penalty had not been reintroduced into the case, even though I think on some level I think Casey may have deserved it," Ashton said in the 324-page book. "Simply put, I just didn't think the jury would go there."

As it turns out, Anthony refusal to accept a deal paid off. Jurors in July acquitted her in the killing of her daughter, Caylee, and she was released from prison, though she is in hiding somewhere in Florida, serving probation for an unrelated check fraud case.

Ashton's book is the first account written by one of the key players in the trial that captured the attention of the nation last summer. He retired soon after the trial ended.

In it, he takes direct aim at Anthony's defense attorneys, specifically Jose Baez, whom he says he genuinely dislikes. He said Baez was careless with the facts, unmindful of deadlines and encouraged Anthony to be uncooperative with detectives searching for her daughter.

"There is an unearned air of arrogance about the man that is incredibly frustrating to witness," Ashton writes. "The word I used in describing Jose is smarmy: somebody who is slick, underhanded and doesn't shoot straight."

Baez said in a statement that Ashton's characterizations were false.

"Having read several of the comments Mr. Ashton makes in his new book, I am both surprised and somewhat disappointed he has chosen to attack me on a personal level," Baez said. "Without going into specific detail, I will say only that many of his accusations are absolutely false."

Ashton also writes an unflattering view of jurors. He wrote they seemed to give a lot of thought and discussion about which movies they wanted to watch or which restaurants to go to while they were sequestered. Yet no juror asked a single question about the evidence during deliberation.

"From the moment our jury had been fielded ... we'd had concerns over their apparent absence of strong opinions as well as over the amount of effort they seemed willing to expend on this," Ashton writes. "In retrospect, I think those concerns were justified."

Three jurors gave television interviews immediately after the verdict, but they have since refused to talk to reporters about the case.

The book, for the first time, also discloses the results of two psychological evaluations taken of Anthony.

Two defense psychologists who did the evaluations never testified. But Anthony told the psychologists that she was sexually abused by her father, Ashton wrote.

As part of their defense, Anthony's attorneys said Caylee drowned in the family swimming pool, and that her father, a former police officer, helped cover it up. Anthony's partying and shopping during the month before her daughter was reported missing was caused in part by her father's sexual abuse, according to the defense theory. Her father, George Anthony, repeatedly denied those claims in court and afterward.

One psychologist expressed apprehension about his evaluation being used to support that defense theory, Ashton writes, especially since Anthony had scored in a normal range on a test designed to discover mental disorders. The other psychologist gave Anthony a battery of tests to diagnose stress from trauma such as sexual molestation. The tests didn't support the theory that she had been molested, Ashton writes.

A few weeks before trial, prosecutors met with George Anthony, and his wife, Cindy, to give them a heads-up about the molestation accusations that the defense planned to use at trial.

"George looked like he had been crying, like someone had just killed Caylee all over again," Ashton writes. "He was just devastated."

More than six months after she disappeared, a meter reader found Caylee's remains in a swampy, wooded area near where she lived with her mother and grandparents. Ashton said in the book that law enforcement and volunteers never examined that area until Roy Kronk reported seeing the remains there in December 2008.

"In the end, Murphy's Law prevailed: everyone assumed that someone else had searched there, but in fact no one actually had," Ashton writes. "Everyone, including law enforcement, assumed that the most obvious place had to have been combed and given the all clear — which just proves the adage about what happens when you assume. Everybody ends up looking like and ass and a nation spent an extra four months searching around the country for a lost little girl who was a quarter mile from home."

A spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the lead agency investigating Caylee's disappearance and death, said Monday that pinpointing a place to search for the toddler was challenging.

"Mr. Ashton, as part of the prosecution team, was well aware of the difficulties in establishing a starting point," Capt. Angelo Nieves said. "Casey Anthony told numerous lies to law enforcement throughout the investigation concerning her daughter's whereabouts."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 am

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Thank you Artgal!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Reminder!!

Dr. Phil w/be on CST in one minute!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:52 pm

darn! I have to go to the dentist - it starts here at 4
shoot!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:07 pm

It was very good. Marcia Clark, Mark Garagos and JVM were also on.

They had two women on..one was sooo ignorant and said she thought Casey was a "loving mother" and she would allow her to watch her children w/no hesitation.

The other gal was great..kept saying "what about the duct tape?"

The ignorant one was not aware that 3 pieces of duct tape were placed over her mouth in layers. Where has she been? In a cave???

Mark G kept interrupting Marcia Clark.

I personally didn't learn much of anything new but w/leave that up to you all to decide. Am anxious to hear your take.

Art, I sure hope you have a DVR so you can watch it after your dental appt.

W/try to find the show online and post here.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Dr. Phil's message board. Many comments.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Ill try to find it on youtube -I can hardly manage the remote control let alone a DVR, wrap! I still watch video cassettes!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm

LOL, Art!!!

Casey Anthony: Jeff Ashton shows sympathy for George, Cindy
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, HLN, Jose Baez, Joy Behar — posted by halboedeker on November, 16 2011 8:49 AM

So far, Jeff Ashton’s media tour has been most interesting for the understanding he has shown George and Cindy Anthony, the oft-maligned parents of Casey Anthony.

Consider the former prosecutor’s remarks last night on HLN’s “Issues With Jane Velez-Mitchell.” Let’s face it: The Anthony family dynamics are one reason the story continues to fascinate millions.

“From everyone that we talked to outside of her relationship with Casey, Cindy appears to be a fairly honest, hard-working, well-liked person,” Ashton told Velez-Mitchell.

Ashton dismissed the theory that Casey learned her lying ways from her parents. “I think Cindy learned to lie from Casey, but is not very good at it,” Ashton said. “Neither she nor George is a good liar. When they did lie, it was obvious they were lying.”

Ashton won a rave review for “Imperfect Justice” from Velez-Mitchell, who said she couldn’t put the book down. In “Imperfect Justice,” Ashton details the prosecution of Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

On “Issues,” Ashton recalled how prosecutors warned the couple’s attorney, Mark Lippman, that Casey Anthony’s defense team was coming after George at trial. In his opening statement, defense attorney Jose Baez accused George of molesting Casey.

George’s response to the prosecutors’ warning? “I can tell you that I never have seen anyone who looked like they had been just beaten as badly as George looked,” Ashton said. “He looked like Caylee had died all over again. And it was very remarkable to me that the only thing he really said to us is, he just looked at us and said, ‘It’s not true. None of it’s true.’ ”

Even at that point, Ashton had something kind to say about Cindy. “And in what I thought was a very nice, supportive gesture, Cindy looked at him and said, ‘Nobody believes it’ true, George. Nobody believes it,’ ” Ashton said.

But Ashton said there was no outrage from Cindy about her daughter’s allegations. “In fact, the only thing she said, that comes the closest to any realization is, ‘I don’t know what’s wrong with her.’ At least she was supportive of George, and that was good,” Asthon said.

On HLN’s “Joy Behar Show,” Ashton expanded on his comment that Cindy and Casey have “a lethally toxic co-dependent relationship,” which helped Casey win acquittal.

“The one piece of evidence we never really could produce and develop was the real relationship between Casey and Cindy,” Ashton said. “We had a lot of anecdotal evidence about that relationship. But in my opinion, Cindy could never be candid about it and really face up to the problems in that relationship, which I think would have given us more of a motive had we had that.”

What do you think about Ashton comments about the parents?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Jeff says that Casey told two mental health people that Caylee's death was NOT an accident. She said that George deliberately drowned Caylee and that when Casey saw George he was only wet from the waist up. That must mean that he was holding Caylee under the water and his upper body got wet while drowning her.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Well if you believe in Karma - she will get hers one day
I hope to live to see it.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:05 pm

This show wasn't as interesting as I expected it to be. I didn't learn much that I didn't already know.....except that Casey said George drowned Caylee.
Then Dr Phil made the comment that one of Caylee's defense team said that Casey could babysit for any of the kids in her family (something like that).....that's not accurate. Why doesn't the host do a little research before making statements like this?

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Then Dr Phil made the comment that one of Caylee's defense team said that Casey could babysit for any of the kids in her family (something like that).....that's not accurate.
I did not hear that..but there was an ignorant woman in the audience that said Casey could watch her kids anytime and that she thought that Casey was innocent and a "loving mother". crazy3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

I think Dr Phil said that at about 15 minutes into the show. I heard that ignorant woman towards the end of the show, but I thought Dr Phil's comment was about Dorothy Clay Sims.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm

I missed that part. Thanks, BJ!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I didn't hear Dr Phil say anything about Simms or anyone on the defense team saying TLMS could babysit their kids at any time BUT althou' C was good and allowed me to listen to most of it I did miss bits and pieces. I did hear that one female in the audience saying what a loving mother TLMS was and she'd allow her to babysit her kids - what an idiot.
I too was disappointed in the interview and I love Ashton. I thought we were to hear her psychological report but either I missed that or it didn't happen. I still will read Ashton's book, unfortunately it's not in yet at the Torrance Library.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 pm

I wonder if TMLS watched it. crazy3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Lengthy but interesting.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 am

Casey Anthony Prosecutor Reveals New Information Jury Didn't Know
December 28, 2011 11:30 AM EST

Casey Anthony's prosecutor, Jeff Ashton, has retired since the infamous trial of the young woman who everyone believed killed her daughter. After the verdict, he announced his retirement and took some time to write his thoughts in a book. The book is meant to show his perspective of the trial and reveal information that wasn't made public at the time the case went to trial.

In a new interview, the prosecutor shares three pieces of information that the jury didn't know during the trial. These facts could indeed have changed the outcome of the trial, so he wants people to know what he knew as he sat across from Casey Anthony and her defense team. First, Ashton reveals that the actual story as told by Casey about the death of Caylee matched the prosecution's view that Caylee didn't die by accident, as theorized by the defense. In addition, psychological tests indicated that Casey was 'normal' and didn't show signs of sexual abuse.

Lastly, Ashton believes that the true relationship between Casey and her mother, Cindy, was different than what the public saw. Jeff believes that "Cindy Anthony was so in denial that she couldn't be honest about her daughter."

So what would Ashton have done if Casey was put on the stand? Well, he would have grilled her on every single lie she told, which would have ruined her 'accidental death' story pretty quickly. Some of the most interesting questions he would have asked include why she put duct tape on Caylee's face and what Casey Anthony's tattoo meant to her. "It would have been a helluva show," he shared in the interview.

It seems that he is accepting the verdict and believes the system works, despite losing. He believes he knows what happened and that is enough for him.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum