Love the "colossal slut" part. I agree chug ROFLMAO ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Casey Anthony Trial - The Aftermath

Post by Lilone on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Isn't it interesting that those of us who are "in the know" all feel the same about her?

Now, I am not one to judge but if a person states they are not a "party person" and then has a Photobucket load of pics to prove otherwise, that's not judging..that is FACT!

She's shown us she is a pathological liar, a thief, a murderer of her own flesh and blood, a scammer and of course, a colossal slut.

She is not just a habitual liar, as JVM called her, but she is a pathological liar, a sociopathic phony, a media whore and a good prototype of pond scum. Barf
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Been fun... Gotta go!
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Love it when you come see us!! Don't be a stranger. You bring a lot of insight and wit as you always have. Couple Hugging

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Sorry I missed the chat with Lilone...Come back soon. We miss you!
Isn't it amazing how all those feelings about KC just boil up again at the "drop of a hat"? I will never get over that case--what she did and how she got away with it! I just pray that someday, somehow Caylee will get some justice!
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 pm

One other thing on her photobucket was that horrible pic of a child or doll hanging from a noose. Now, what mother in her right mind would post that? If Caylee was her "greatest accomplishment", I'd hate to see what she deems her worst accomplishment. You don't allow your 'greatest accomplishment' to rot in the woods triple bagged while you stay at your boyfriends and enter hot body contests. BS

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 am

Let me guess Chaney told her that granting an interview to Piers Morgan who help her with her credibility issues.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 am

I hate how she and Mason are slowly manipulating their way back into the public eye. Mason is very sly. I'm sure that he has encouraged her to just be patient and wait til things settle down some. "Then you will make the big bucks." And I never have liked Piers Morgan and wonder where the outcry is against him giving her and Mason a platform...Where is the threat to boycott anybody that gave her a venue in which to "tell her story"? I know, I've read all about what she said, too, so I can't really talk...I just want to hear that she is miserable and that she never has an opportunity to lead a fulfilling life...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 am

I agree with Lisette - Mason is sly and he is slowly trying to re-enter her into the mainstream. Boycotts dont work the media will make a lot of money off of Casey yet. There is no way they wont take anything that Mason or Casey will give them.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:25 am

I also agree. Mason is honing Casey. This is just the beginning. A little snippet of what she NOW has to say but not coming directly from her mouth to the media. Slowly but surely, we will see more of these "interviews" until she is actually on the tube for all to see. my 2 cents

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:41 am

Casey Anthony Interviewed via Telephone by Piers Morgan
June 14, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

Casey Anthony took part in a phone interview with Piers Morgan in recent days and in essence has finally broken her silence for the first time since going into hiding. She was acquitted in an Orlando courtroom of murdering her daughter, little Caylee Marie Anthony.

According to a report from Hollywood Life, Morgan was so excited to be granted the interview that he sent out a few teaser tweets throughout the day Tuesday, enticing fans to watch his show that aired at 9 p.m. this evening.

The first tweet Piers Morgan sent was likely enough to draw a huge crowd of Twitter fans to the episode. Wouldn't you have tuned in if you had received the following tweet?

"BREAKING: Casey Anthony tells me: 'I didn't kill my daughter...but I'm ashamed of the person that I was.'"

While on the air, Morgan read the following statement he took from Anthony during their phone interview.

"I was a stupid kid...but I've never been a 'party girl'...and I've gone through hell. The public perception of me is bad, absolutely horrible," Anthony said.

No kidding! She practically walked away with no punishment whatsoever, and she most likely killed her precious little girl. How would she expect the public to perceive her? Casey Anthony also discussed her "greatest accomplishment" while on the phone with Piers Morgan, and this will undoubtedly leave many people shaking their heads in disbelief.

"There's no one I love more than my daughter...she's my greatest accomplishment," she said.

Is there something incredibly sick about this whole situation--like the fact that Casey isn't in prison and was doing phone interviews? She has clearly convinced herself that she's someone she most definitely isn't. It's sad people didn't figure her out before her little girl met her untimely and perhaps even brutal death.

Do you think Casey was responsible for Caylee's murder? Do you think she's completely off her rocker and living a life of lies--and believing them? (HAS to be a rhetorical question!)

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:53 am

She will profit from Caylee's death. There is no question. Its the way that the system works. So will Zimmerman.
I wish there was some movement on Alya's case. That one really gets me - that happy smiling face and then the pictures of her at her fathers house - she looked so miserable.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Oops, Casey may have problems getting into and living in Costa Rico:

HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Unbelievable how trusting I was that the jury was on the same page as I was when I was commenting last year...Still can't believe that they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Thread covering June 16-23 of trial last summer:

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Her "interview" with P. Morgan is exactly what we knew it would be. Lies, lies, lies; stories, stories, stories; and me, me, me...

If I were in 3rd grade, I would wish that the fleas of a thousand camels invaded her armpits... But, at my age, I just hope she dies a slow, painful, and lonely death.

Maybe her mother will honor her by triple-bagging her, dumping her in the woods, and putting a heart sticker over the duct tape holding her jawbone to her skull.
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm

If I were in 3rd grade, I would wish that the fleas of a thousand camels invaded her armpits...
ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO
Maybe her mother will honor her by triple-bagging her, dumping her in the woods, and putting a heart sticker over the duct tape holding her jawbone to her skull.
Doubtful since her mother (according to her interview on Dr. Phil) does not believe her daughter killed Caylee. Maybe she will simply kill her by nagging her to death.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Casey Anthony TV Interview Sparks New Legal Battle

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 @ 12:00PM
By Radar Staff

Every situation involving Casey Anthony seems to create a legal firestorm, and her recent interview with CNN's Piers Morgan is no exception.

Morgan had an off-camera interview with Anthony earlier this week, drawing a massive outpouring of emotional reactions on the Web. That interview had now generated a letter from a lawyer warning the network and Morgan to back off, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

Attorney Spencer Kuvin of the Florida law firm Cohen & Kuvin wrote that he represents an entity that reached an agreement to exclusively interview the notorious “Tot Mom,” who was acquitted of murdering her daughter Caylee.

RadarOnline.com has obtained the letter, in which Kuvin writes: "my clients held lengthy discussions with Ms. Anthony's counsel dating back to July 2011 wherein an agreement was made with respect to the exclusive worldwide rights to interview Ms. Anthony. My client believes that he has a binding agreement with Ms. Anthony for these rights.

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENT: Read the Casey Anthony Letter Here

"If CNN, its producer, talent or any of its independent contractors have somehow tortiously interfered with this agreement we are demanding that you immediately cease and desist with our actions."

The lawyer also demands that CNN "immediately turn over any and all audio, video or other recordings of any interviews in your possession."

RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively that Kuvin's client, a group called Private Elevator Productions, does NOT have a written agreement with Anthony. One source told us that the group is claiming it has a binding oral contract, an assertion that was earlier rejected by Anthony's attorney Jose Baez. The letter does not state if the group intends to pay Anthony for an interview although Radar has learned that payment in one form or another is part of the proposed deal.

In the interview with Morgan, which was conducted by phone, Anthony denied killing her daughter and acknowledged how she is perceived by the public. """Obviously, I didn't kill my daughter. The public perception of me is bad, absolutely horrible. It's horrible. It looks absolutely horrible, and I'm ashamed in many ways of the person that I was," she said.

She also said she was not a "party girl"and according to Morgan, adding: "There's no one I love more than my daughter... she's my greatest accomplishment."

CNN did not pay for its Casey Anthony interview.

Casey is facing a civil suit from Zenaida Gonzalzez, a woman with the same name as a fictitious character Casey claimed kidnapped Caylee.

Radar has learned exclusively that Casey has kept detailed journals and they may end up as evidence in that civil case, where she will be deposed.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Lilone wrote:Her "interview" with P. Morgan is exactly what we knew it would be. Lies, lies, lies; stories, stories, stories; and me, me, me...

If I were in 3rd grade, I would wish that the fleas of a thousand camels invaded her armpits... But, at my age, I just hope she dies a slow, painful, and lonely death.

Couldn't help myself!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:24 am

I think you and Lilone should take it on the road!!! cool ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO :lol:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO I LOVE IT!!!

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Caylee Anthony: How the victim won
ABC, CNN, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Piers Morgan — posted by halboedeker on June, 16 2012 7:53 AM
Discuss This: Comments(41) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
Victims in high-profile criminal cases are often lost in the heavy media coverage.

How often do you hear about the kidnapped Lindbergh baby or the murdered family in “In Cold Blood”?

But Caylee Anthony is different. She drowned four years ago today, defense attorney Jose Baez said at her mother’s murder trial. The 2-year-old was a victim, at the very least, of being tossed away in the woods like garbage.

Yet Caylee hasn’t been forgotten, and there’s great irony in that development.

Baez and Casey Anthony received $200,000 from ABC for licensing photos of the child, and that money helped pay for Anthony’s defense. There was public outrage about that revelation, and ABC changed its practices.

Those photos and video, though, planted Caylee in the public’s consciousness. It’s like a twist in an O. Henry story.

The mother was acquitted of murder, yet remains in hiding. In a phone interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan this week, she talked about her child being her greatest accomplishment.

She certainly was, although Casey had little to do with it. In the social media age, the child gained fame, love and attention. Legislation has been passed in her name. She didn’t get a full life, but the public is determined she won’t be forgotten.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm

CASEY ANTHONY MUZZLED! (If Only!)

Published on: June 19, 2012
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Exonerated murder mom CASEY ANTHONY won’t be speaking in public anytime soon!

Anthony won't be doing any formal, sit down media interviews until the Zenaida Gonzalez defanmation trial is over, sometime in early 2013, RadarOnline.com reports.

"Casey is very eager to tell her story and her version of events, (I bet she is. Lie, lie and lie!) but her lawyers have told her that will have to wait until after the civil trial is resolved," a source said.

"Casey's team knows that Zanaida's lawyers are going to grill her on her comments to Piers Morgan and they will prepare her for that.

"Casey is growing impatient and wants to start living her life again, which she will be one step closer to when her probation is terminated in the next several months.

“Casey feels that Zenaida is a thorn in her side and preventing her from moving forward."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 am

“Casey feels that Zenaida is a thorn in her side and preventing her from moving forward."
rocking smile GOOD

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

Way to go, Zanny!! Just keep on poking her with that thorn...or millions of thorns would be even better!! :cheering: :cheering:
Aren't there others waiting in the wings with "thorns"? I thought Texas Equusearch was suing and maybe Kronk? Or is he just suing National Enquirer? Universal Studios ought to get in line and the Grunds...Maybe she could just keep on getting those thorns poked in her side...and her arms and legs and head and feet and..... :celebration: :muahaha:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

Casey Anthony Hoping To Turn Journal Into Best Seller Book

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Casey Anthony has been keeping a journal ever since her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, disappeared and was later found dead and hopes to turn the contents into a best seller book, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Casey has been keeping a journal and spends the majority of her days now writing," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com. "She has also been spending a lot of time going through her past journal entries and including excerpts that she wants included in a book that she wants to write.

Read article at:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 am

She has also been spending a lot of time going through her past journal entries and including excerpts that she wants included in a book that she wants to write.

How easy to re-write history now... even if the journal entries were honest at the time (and we know how likely that is!)
I hope and pray that NOBODY buys a book from her...But I know there are many that will- just to see "what she was thinking at the time".
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm

"She has also been spending a lot of time going through her past journal entries and including excerpts

Translation: "She's also been spending a lot of time going through her past journal entries and EXCLUDING excerpts." my 2 cents

To lisette: Great Post!!! I hope ZG and clan give her more than just thorns. How about some duct tape after she is on the stand. Right over her mouth and nose fingertap kick fight10 chug

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

"Casey is growing impatient and wants to start living her life again"

Too bad. I bet Caylee would have liked to live the rest of her life too.
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm

So true sam.
Translation: "She's also been spending a lot of time going through her past journal entries and EXCLUDING excerpts." my 2 cents
LOL wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 pm

I hope she is miserable forever.
WTH cares if she writes a book, FGS, she is a perpetual accomplished full-time LIAR, who CARES what she has to say or what she thinks or what she wants? To make her a persona non gratis for the rest of her life, where ever she goes and whatever she tries to do, is the only thing I can imagine as just.
Remember Whoopi Goldberg in that one scene toward the end in "The Color Purple" when she says to her oppressor' "Everything you touch....", essentially cursing him to a lifetime of hard luck and ruin? That's how I feel about TLMS.

my 2 cents Off my soap box now.

HC2

HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Normal Casey Anthony To Exploit Daughter In Future Book

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm

by Perez Hilton

Color us NOT surprised… THIS WHOLE SITUATION MAKES US SICK.

Acquitted child murderer Casey Anthony is planning on writing a tell-all book based off of the journal she's kept ever since her daughter Caylee went 'missing.'

One insider has revealed:
"Make no mistake, Casey will absolutely be releasing a book, it's just a matter of time. Casey feels this is the only way that she can get her story out and she feels that the public wants to hear from her. It's unlikely that Casey will have to submit a book proposal and her lawyer, Cheney Mason, has been in discussions with several different publishers, although the response from most has been lukewarm at best."
Yay publishers!!

We don't want a book from you Casey. In fact, we'd rather not hear from you EVER AGAIN.

Why don't you slither off to Costa Rica like we heard you were planning? Just like a good guilty person. Or have you truly convinced yourself of your innocence?

Your day will come Casey, we still don't understand HOW you got off when evidence against you was OVERWHELMING, but we truly believe that one day, you will get EXACTLY what you deserve.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

P.S. to TLMS: We also all hope you do gain weight and look absolutely hideous for the rest of your life. Since we know its "all about you" in your own mind, no greater punishment would be for you to be physically unappealing (more than you already are, BTW). THAT would probably kill you.
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Maybe she w/choke to death on all her food consumption and no one will bother to save her. In fact, while she's choking, duct tape her mouth and nose, triple bag her alive and throw her in the swamp w/the gators.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 am

I couldn't have said it better Wrap!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:48 am

If she were on fire, I wouldn't even pee down her throat...

All these media outlets better be careful what they might get into with this beechnut. She and her amazing bird-flipping lawyer may be setting them up for a lawsuit.

If the crooked you-know-whats can't get their money honestly, they'll get it however they can. They would certainly sabotage the lawsuits against them by Zenaida, TES, Kronk, etc. and turn the tables for their own benefit. That is the nature of the narcissistic beast...
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:28 am

good post and ROFLMAO ROFLMAO on the first para!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Op-Ed: Casey Anthony — The farce continues

By Alexander Baron
Jun 23, 2012 - 4 hours ago

Orlando - Casey Anthony was acquitted of the murder of her young daughter in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt, but instead of counting her blessings, she wants total absolution.

If you are not au fait with the case of Casey Anthony, you can find a simplified timeline here. While the OJ Simpson trial was believed widely at the time to have divided America, the Casey Anthony trial did just the opposite; apart from a few simpletons - mostly young white males who keep their brains inside their trousers - America and indeed most of the world was united in hatred for this young woman who, acquittal aside, exhibited a wantonness and callousness towards her young daughter that beggars belief.

She was acquitted of the major charges against her solely because she was fortunate enough to be judged by the dumbest jury ever to have been empanelled in the State of Florida, but was convicted on misdemeanours of lying to the police. Judge Strickland summed her up poetically at an early hearing when he said the truth and Miss Anthony are strangers.

Earlier this month, Anthony spoke by telephone to expatriate TV host Piers Morgan, although the call was not broadcast. One of Anthony's lawyers appeared on the show with Morgan; J. Cheney Mason continued his advocacy, but it remains to be seen if anyone but himself will be convinced by it.

Anthony's lead attorney Jose Baez has written a book on the case, as was to be expected, and Anthony herself is said to be planning a book, one that should most definitely be filed under fiction, or even fantasy.

More outrageous even than that though is the appeal Anthony is mounting against her misdemeanour convictions. The main (and quite spurious) argument her legal team is advancing is that because she was not advised of her right to remain silent (mirandized), her questioning by the police should have been excluded by the trial judge. Of course, this is an argument that should have been made out at the time, but Judge Perry bent over backwards in this trial to be fair; the fact that he ruled more often in favour of the State rather than for the defense was due principally to the bull in a china shop behaviour of Mr Baez, which at times bordered on contempt.

As Anthony's lawyers should know, and undoubtedly do, the fact that the police have not administered a Miranda warning does not invalidate anything and everything a suspect or more generally a person says at the time. There is something called the community caretaker exception which allows the police to ask questions without mirandizing; this applies also to warrantless searches (Mapp v Ohio). Double killer Neil Entwistle has tried this gambit in connection with the latter, without success.

Briefly, there are times when the police act not entirely as police officers but as guardians of public safety. When Detective Yuri Melich (Dick Tracy Orlando) questioned Casey Anthony frantically about the whereabouts of her daughter, he was concerned primarily with finding a young girl at risk. It is likely, even probable, that Melich believed Caylee Anthony to be dead and his mother to have been responsible for her death, but he had to assume both that Caylee was alive, and that Casey would be able to lead him to her.

It is true that too often, police officers regard rules, regulations, procedures and even laws as inconvenient barriers erected by the judicial system to prevent them from arresting, imprisoning or even at times killing people they regard as undesirable. But there is absolutely no evidence of anything like this happening here, indeed their behaviour was exemplary as it usually is when they are genuinely acting as community caretakers, for example in a situation where they are not chasing bad guys, a flood, or some other large scale emergency. Indeed, the only abuse that happened in the People v Casey Marie Anthony was and is by the defense, and it is time the courts, or somebody said, enough is enough.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Casey Anthony Looking For a Book Deal, Will You Buy It?

Casey Anthony has decided it is time to turn her journal into a book. What journal is that you ask? It seems that Miss Anthony has been keeping a journal since the day Caylee Marie Anthony disappeared. Or maybe Casey still believes that her little girl disappeared? Whatever is going on in her demented mind she wants to turn her journal into cash? Yes, she is looking for a book deal. You knew it would happen eventually.

Can you imagine what must be in that journal? She probably describes in great detail how much she misses her little girl and that she was wrongly sent to jail and put on trial. No one needs to buy a book that Casey Anthony writes, the world heard it all already during her trial. Why spend money to buy something that contains the same lies that she told police when Caylee 'went missing'.

Casey wants to get her story out. If that is the case, then her defense team should have put her on the witness stand to tell the sad story of her life. But don't look for this tell-all-book-of-lies at your local bookstore soon, if ever. The big name publishing outfits don't want to touch it with a 10-foot pole, can you blame them?

Perhaps Miss Anthony is just trying to keep up with Jose Baez, a former attorney of hers. His book "Presumed Guilty" will be coming out soon. Maybe Casey just needs to clear her soul and tell the truth? Don't laugh; maybe that is how she thinks. The majority of the human race doesn't buy into her 'oh poor me I've been wronged' theory.

However, if your old and worn out sofa has one leg shorter than the others, perhaps the Casey Anthony book of lies would come in handy. Oh wait, you can pick up a better piece of junk at the local landfill, don't spend money on her book.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 am

Casey Anthony: Jeff Ashton saw likelihood of death penalty as ‘extremely thin’
Posted by halboedeker on June, 24 2012 2:33 PM

State attorney candidates Jeff Ashton and Lawson Lamar in Sunday TV appearances defended seeking the death penalty against Casey Anthony.

“As far as the charge goes of first-degree murder, I believe that is what she did. I believe that she deliberately murdered her child, so I think that the charge was appropriate,” Ashton told ”Political Connections” on Central Florida News 13. “I believe that Lawson lawfully sought the death penalty. I believe that, under review of the evidence, that aggravating circumstances were there. So I do not criticize him on a legal basis for making that decision.”

But Ashton added that he warned State Attorney Lamar, his former boss, that the likelihood of Anthony getting the death penalty was “extremely thin and ultimately it was his decision.” Ashton dismissed Lamar’s view that seeking the death penalty was a group decision.

“When I’m state attorney, the buck stops with me,” Ashton said. “I’m not going to run away from responsibility for decisions I make.”

Voters will decide the race for state attorney of Orange-Osceola counties on Aug. 14.

On WKMG-Channel 6’s “Flashpoint,” Lamar defended seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who was later acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“Any time that you’ve got a case where you believe the defendant — morally, ethically – you believe the defendant is guilty, you should go for it. It belongs before a jury,” Lamar said. ”The fact that it was charged as a first degree does not mean that jury had only first degree as a choice.”

Lamar said he consulted with other prosecutors who agreed that the death penalty was called for because of expert testimony “that the tape was over little Caylee’s mouth and nose.”

In Ashton’s interview with News 13, he said the Anthony case may help his candidacy because “it gave people a reason to say maybe he does have a better way of doing things.”

But he added, “I don’t think this election should be, or will be, decided based upon people’s opinion of one case.” He noted that he had almost 300 trials, including 85 murder cases, in his career.

Ashton said that the state attorney should be trying cases and noted that Lamar hasn’t tried one in 16 years. “I think that he doesn’t feel it’s important,” Ashton told moderator Ybeth Bruzual. “I just vehemently disagree with him. I think what goes on in that courtroom is the most important thing.”

Ashton also said he intended to lead by example and work more with young attorneys in the state attorney’s office. “Lawson’s only real contact with the young lawyers is walking around with a coffee cup every three or four months and saying, ‘Everything OK? Everything OK?’ That’s not how you talk to the lawyers,” Ashton said.

Ashton said he was not involved in the production of the Lifetime movie “Prosecuting Casey Anthony,” based on his book, “Imperfect Justice.”

“I’m going to be as surprised by it as everybody else,” Ashton said.

Filming in Winnipeg concluded last week.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Book: Jose Baez doubted Casey Anthony's mental health

ORLANDO -- The Florida mother who was acquitted last year of murdering her 2-year-old daughter had mental health issues that contributed to her habitual lying, the lead attorney in her criminal case says in a new book.

In "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," Jose Baez said detectives should have realized Casey Anthony had built a "fantasy world," and her lies weren't evidence of guilt but signs of someone with "serious mental health issues."

The book is scheduled to be released July 3. The Associated Press purchased a copy Tuesday.

Anthony is serving probation for an unrelated charged at an undisclosed location in Florida and couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday.

Describing how Anthony led detectives on a wild goose chase, even taking them to Universal Studios where she falsely claimed she had a job, Baez writes, detectives "should have stopped and realized, `Wait a minute, we're not dealing with someone who is playing with a full deck.'"

Anthony originally told detectives that her daughter, Caylee, was taken by a babysitter in June 2008, and that she didn't report her missing for more than a month because she was searching for the toddler on her own. During Anthony's trial last year, Baez argued that the little girl accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool and that Anthony panicked and hid the body because of the traumatic effects of being sexually abused by her father.

George Anthony denied the defense's allegations that he abused Casey and helped her cover up Caylee's death.

Prosecutors had contended that Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to be free to hit the nightclubs and spend time with her boyfriend. Jurors acquitted Anthony of first-degree murder but convicted her of four misdemeanor counts of lying to investigators.

Baez repeats the allegations of sexual abuse in greater detail in the book, saying it contributed to Anthony's mental health issues. Mark Lippman, an attorney for George Anthony, refused to comment on the book Tuesday because he hadn't read it.

Baez takes aim at the reporters who covered the case, detectives who investigated it, "groupies" who attached themselves to it and the case's original judge who Baez says filed a complaint against him with the Florida Bar. The complaint was later dropped.

The three-year case took an emotional toll on Baez, according to his book. He suffered depression after the complaint was filed against him and he found it difficult to find joy in his wife's pregnancy.

Baez also criticizes the way he was portrayed in the media as an inexperienced attorney taking on one of the highest-profile criminal cases in recent memory.

"The public may have been convinced that I was an idiot but I let it all roll off my back," he writes.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton undergoes the harshest criticism by Baez, who calls him “a coward” for not showing up at Anthony’s sentencing for the misdemeanors since he was making the talk shows round after the trial.

Baez is critical of many of Circuit Judge Belvin Perry’s rulings during the trial but praises the judge for allowing him to pick a fair jury.

Baez doesn’t say where Anthony currently is hiding but he provides a glimpse of the first few hours after she was released from jail last July, time mostly devoted to eluding the media. After escorting Anthony out of the Orange County Jail and into a waiting SUV, Baez rode with Anthony to a parking garage where five cars driven by members of the legal team were waiting. Baez and Anthony got into one car which departed the garage at the same time as the other four. Each car drove in a different direction so reporters following Baez and Anthony wouldn’t know which one they were in or where they were heading.

Baez said Anthony’s first meal out of jail was a cheeseburger, fries and milkshake from Steak ‘n Shake. Baez and Anthony then drove to a municipal airport where a private plane took them to the Florida Panhandle resort community of St. George Island. There, members of their legal team and their families met up with them. Anthony then went to New York until she had to return to Florida to serve her probation sentence.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:02 am

The three-year case took an emotional toll on Baez, according to his book. He suffered depression after the complaint was filed against him and he found it difficult to find joy in his wife's pregnancy.

Baez also criticizes the way he was portrayed in the media as an inexperienced attorney taking on one of the highest-profile criminal cases in recent memory.

"The public may have been convinced that I was an idiot but I let it all roll off my back," he writes.
So, which was it? He was depressed or he let it just roll off his back? confused

Describing how Anthony led detectives on a wild goose chase, even taking them to Universal Studios where she falsely claimed she had a job, Baez writes, detectives "should have stopped and realized, `Wait a minute, we're not dealing with someone who is playing with a full deck.'"
So, because she outright lied she isn't playing w/a full deck? Was he trying to say she should have gotten off on an insanity plea? I cannot think of many murderer's who don't lie but that doesn't make them crazy.

What a piece of work he is! my 2 cents BS la la la

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 am

So why didn't he use her mental state as part of her defense? Because he's talking out his ass, that's why.

Nothing sickens me more than a criminal attorney who will bend over backwards to get an acquittal for the guilty.

Plain and simple, Caylee was under the care of her mother when she died. Her mother is responsible for her death. Sociopathy is not insanity.

Send her to Bellfonte...
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:09 am

Lilone said Nothing sickens me more than a criminal attorney who will bend over backwards to get an acquittal for the guilty.
:cheering: well said

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 am

Baez says Casey led police on wild goose chase because she wasnt playing with a "full deck" - well Baez is she now?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Casey Anthony: Who is she this time?

By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
5:15 p.m. EST, June 27, 2012

Jose Baez's view of former client Casey Anthony keeps changing.

In his new book, he calls her unstable and says detectives "should have stopped and realized, 'Wait a minute, we're not dealing with someone who is playing with a full deck.' "

But weren't those detectives busy trying to find Caylee?

In October, Baez compared Anthony to Amanda Knox and called them "all-American girls."

Then, Baez expanded on the comment in talking to WESH-Channel 2's Amanda Ober. "I don't know what an all-American girl is, but by appearances, they're the girl next door," Baez told the NBC affiliate. "I think it's contributed to the media fascination."

In a July interview with Fox News Channel's Geraldo Rivera, Baez sidestepped questions about Anthony's mental state. "I'm not a therapist. I'm a lawyer," Baez said. Baez said the defense team was exploring "all possibilities" about getting Anthony help.

On July 5, 2011, the day that Anthony was acquitted of murder in Caylee's death, Baez also talked to Rivera. What of Anthony's future?

"Well she's an adult," Baez told Rivera then. "We will discuss that with her. This time united and this team is a close-knit group and we're all going to get together and help her take the next step for the rest of her life."

She remains on probation for check fraud somewhere in Florida. Wherever she is, her persona just keeps changing. But that hasn't stopped Baez, who isn't a therapist, from weighing in on her mental health. How do you like that?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Ha! He was and is a big fat liar!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal The Moment Casey Anthony Heard Caylee's Body Had Been Found

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
June 28, 2012

Casey Anthony's jailers took her in shackles to a room where she was to be surprised by news coverage when police discovered her daughter's decomposed body, a tactic that her lawyer claims in a new book was "torture."

Attorney Jose Baez writes that police hoped to get a revealing reaction, possibly a confession, out of Anthony by shocking her with the news story and refused to let her lawyer see Anthony while this was going on.

"They sent someone to Casey's cell," Baez writes in his upcoming book. "They shackled her legs and hands in chains, marched her to the medical unit, sat her down where there were several correctional officers and a couple of nurses standing around watching her, and forced her to watch the breaking news that police had found Caylee's remains so they could record her reaction."

The grainy video shows Anthony sitting in a waiting room. There is no audio, but after she appears to hear something -- reportedly the televised news that a child's body was found in a swampy area near the Anthony home -- she puts her hands and forearms across her stomach, and begins to slowly rock backwards and forwards. Her breathing seems to quicken and her chest can be seen rising and falling.

The remains were not identified as Caylee's until more than a week later. In September 2011, a Florida judge unsealed for public view the tape that had previously been sealed in order for Anthony to get a fair trial.

On July 5, 2011, Anthony was acquitted of charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter for the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony. She was convicted of lying to law enforcement.

The circumstances surrounding the tape, which a Florida judge called "highly inflammatory," are detailed in Baez's book "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," set to be released on July 3.

"As soon as the police got to the site where Caylee's remains lay, Commander Matt Irwin, the head of missing person's unit, came up with the bright idea of calling the jail and asking if there was a room where they could take Casey and videotape her reaction to their finding Caylee's remains," Baez wrote.

Irwin was told Anthony could be taken to the medical unit where there was a TV and a camera that could record her reaction, according to Baez who claims police were hoping that Anthony would "say something, maybe flip out and confess."

Baez said he had rushed to the jail to see his client in hopes of breaking the news to her. But when he arrived, authorities would not let him through the gate. He was told that Anthony was being taken to the medical unit and he would have to wait to see her.

Anthony was inside being shown news coverage of the discovery of Caylee's remains.

"Meanwhile, oblivious to what they were doing, I was outside trying to get in while they were torturing her," he wrote. "Clearly this was a violation of her right to counsel and what two of the correctional officers would later testify to be cruel and unusual punishment."

"To this day it was one of the cruelest and most disgusting things I have ever seen the cops do," Baez wrote.

Authorities later said that they had taken Anthony to the medical unit out of concern for her health and well-being. Nearly an hour after he arrived at the courthouse, Baez said he was taken to Anthony.

"I apologized to her for not getting there sooner," he wrote. "I asked if she was okay and she said, 'I'll be all right.' Caylee was dead, and she was in mourning, and it was one of those moments where you just don't know what to say." (Excuse me, but she Admitted she hid the body. She already KNEW Caylee was dead because she killed her. She was in mourning? GMAB! She was freaked out because Caylee's skull had been found.)

Baez told her what he knew from police and an officer handed her a sedative pill with some water. Baez told her he wanted to stay with her, but that she would need him more outside than by her side.

"'I understand,' Casey said. 'I hope this pill will make me sleep.' She began to weep," he wrote.

In the book, Baez mentions multiple times that Anthony was "almost ecstatic" to be in jail, which baffled him for a long time.

"Unlike the rest of my clients, Casey enjoyed [emphasis his] being in jail. When I came to see her, she was always upbeat, never depressed," Baez wrote. "She would come in feeling chipper, as though she was at a picnic rather than a jail. This, as much as anything else, really struck me as being odd. Only later would it turn out to make perfect sense."

Baez later wrote that Anthony was happy in jail because "she had structure and she was safe" there, as opposed to her home, where he claimed that Anthony lived in fear of her father. During the trial, Anthony and Baez accused Anthony's father George Anthony of sexually molesting Anthony when she was a child
. George Anthony denied the accusations.

Anthony has been in hiding since she was acquitted last summer. She is on probation in Florida for a check fraud conviction, but the court ordered her location to be kept secret because of death threats she has received. Her probation ends Aug. 21, 2012.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:58 pm

Baloney!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm

agreed

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44 pm

He/they make me sick. Barf Lies crap
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down