Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Casey Anthony Trial - The Aftermath

Post by HippyChick2 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Jose Baez on Casey Anthony, Geraldo's Advice & His Legacy
Published July 13, 2012
Fox News Latino

Jose Baez says he no Johnny Cochran.
"I'm different," said Baez. Like hell he wasn't different!
The lawyer for the case that was probably the most captivating since the O.J. Simpson trial sat down with Fox New Latino and talked about his famous client, Casey Anthony, and his legacy. LEGACY???
In 2008, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing by her mother over a month after she was last seen. Anthony was eventually arrested and charged with first-degree murder. After a six-month trial that made Baez into a household name, (because of his ridiculous antics and it was force-fed to us, thats why he was a 'household name') Anthony was acquitted of all charges and was released from prison.
In the court of public opinion, she was guilty. In the court of LEGAL opinion, she was guilty!! And there was worldwide outrage when the charges were dropped. She went into hiding and it was Baez who incurred the wrath.
Baez, who released a new book called "Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony, The Inside Story," was vilified by members of the media and scrutinized by critics. Because it was horrible and self-serving.
"Geraldo is actually the one that told me it's a bloodsport out there," Baez told Fox News Latino on being in such a high profile case. "I don't think the description could be any better than that." Yeah, Bozo, take career advice from Gerlado!!
In his interview with Fox News Latino reporter Bryan Llenas, Baez clarifies the reports on the plea bargain that was considered, talks about the advice he received from Geraldo and whether or not his career will always be tied to this case.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

video at above link.

HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:59 am

'Jose Baez says he no Johnny Cochran.
"I'm different," said Baez.'
Well that's the truth, I do think Johnny Cochran was smarter.
I agree with you all above, I won't watch the interviews or or read the book but these excerpts sure are amusing.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Jose Baez: My wife dismissed rumors about Casey Anthony romance
By Hal Boedeker, Staff writer
11:21 p.m. EST, July 15, 2012

Geraldo Rivera wanted to know where Casey Anthony is now.

"In Al Capone's vault," Jose Baez said, smiling broadly and ribbing pal Rivera.

"You dog, you dog," Rivera said, guffawing. "You just think of that?"

It was an unusual moment on Sunday's "Geraldo at Large" on Fox News Channel. Rivera quickly turned serious and said, "I don't mean to make light of this horrible, horrible case."

Rivera opened up about his four-year friendship with Baez. Rivera said he had accurately warned that Baez's critics would accuse the lawyer of an inappropriate relationship with client Anthony.

Baez said that his wife knew there wasn't anything to the accusations. "She knew me. She knows I had worked very hard to become a lawyer," Baez said. "She was very secure in our relationship, so that was never an issue."

In an effort at balance during the Anthony segment, Rivera turned to another guest, prosecutor Anna Sigga Nicolazzi, and asked whether Anthony got away with murder. "Yes, I think so," she said. "Viewing it from the outside, she killed her daughter."

Baez also promoted his book, "Presumed Guilty." He said that through the book he wanted to get people to respect and understand the jury's verdict. Anthony was acquitted of murder a year ago.

Rivera raved about the book: "It's an excellent, excellent book, and I don't say it just because I"m your friend."

Baez had another platform to promote his book via an MSNBC documentary, "Defending Casey Anthony," that premiered Sunday night. Baez said that the sum of the case was that a common accident (drowning) happened to uncommon people (the Anthony family).

Baez described Jeff Ashton as an unexpected ally in the case because the defense team knew the prosecutor would have trouble controlling himself. "Our goal was to give him enough rope to hang himself," Baez said.

Baez also criticized Ashton for making tasteless jokes during the trial. "We called him our fourth chair, meaning he was really working for the defense," Baez said.

What do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Bozo is very funny. Amusing, actually. Hysterical, possibly.

He acts like he is smart but it took him many years and many attempts to pass the bar exam. He doesn't know how to file a motion, so he just lets his "team" do that for him. He lies, grasps at straws, twists the experts' testimony, and attempts sensational "ambush" methods because he wants nothing more than to be a celebrity while getting his guilty client acquitted.

He often finds himself in contempt of court for pulling seriously unethical stunts and is a frequent study of the ABA. Like the proverbial pimple, this will all come to a head one day... Mark my words.

If nothing else, he confused a nation and most importantly, he confused a 12-member jury with the garbage/trash he spewed in Orange County.

I'll be laughing at Bozo for the rest of my life while at the same time cursing him for the injustice he was able to manipulate for Caylee's death. In MOO, he is the 2nd most hated person in the US.
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 am

In MOO, he is the 2nd most hated person in the US

you rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 am

He is probably tied w/Sandusky and Tom Cruise. my 2 cents

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

Wrapitup wrote:He is probably tied w/Sandusky and Tom Cruise. my 2 cents
lol

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Lilone - Beautifully written and I agree with every word you said above.
I can't believe that years ago I really liked Geraldo! What a jerk he is.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Radio host blasts Casey Anthony lawyer Jose Baez in interview

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 pm

The above is most definitely worth listening to. This dude reams Bozo. I Loved it!! Bravo

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Awesome.

Is Jose really "The Most Sought-After Attorney in the Country"? REALLY? Gawd, I hope NOT!
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

I find that extremely hard to believe, Hippy!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah, maybe sought after as an amusing interview, but that's about it!
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Anybody who reams Bozo is OK in my book...

(Oh! shhh... as many of you already know, my book is a secret!)
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Casey Anthony: A just verdict?

By LOUIS NICHOLAS ALBANESE on July 25, 2012 3:21 PM

Every day we hear tragic stories of people being murdered and harmed by others all over the world. The six week trial of Casey Anthony was a tragedy viewed by many as news stations around the globe gave constant coverage of the case. In December 2008, the remains of Caylee Anthony were discovered near the Anthony house (New York Times, 2012). Casey Anthony reported her daughter missing about six months prior to when the authorities stumbled upon her remains (Time, 2012). When the body of young Caylee Anthony was discovered it was clear that her body had been dumped at the site some time ago. Most of Caylee's body was decayed and there were many bugs surrounding her and there was also vegetation present proving that she was dead for a considerable amount of time (Time, 2012).

The main suspect in the case turned out to be Casey Anthony, the victim's mother. Over the course of the investigation Casey was consistently caught lying to police about her exact whereabouts during her daughter's aforementioned disappearance. Casey, was known to police as a consistant partier who wanted nothing more than to go out to bars and meet men. The common belief seemed to be that because of Casey's partying life style, it was also hard to take care of her daughter Caylee. Consequently, many people believed over the course of this case that Casey killed her daughter in order to satisfy her care free life style. Casey just seemed to have the perfect motive for wanting to get rid of her child to satiate her own needs.

During the course of her daughter's disappearance Casey continued to party and seemingly showed little concern as to the whereabouts of her child. She also had gotten a tattoo reading "Bella Vita" translating to the "Beautiful Life" during this time frame. In my honest opinion I find it absolutely disgusting that any parent could continue living in this manner without showing concern for their child's disappearance. Casey went to trial for six weeks after authorities had discovered her daughter's body close to the Anthony residence. After the trial Casey was found not guilty for the death of Caylee Anthony. (New York Times, 2012).

In a seemingly easy case to solve the sole suspect was deemed not guilty, how could this have happened? According to Vidmar and Schuller (2001),

Because jury verdict are rendered by members of the community, their legal decisions about guilt or innocence are assumed to have a greater legitimacy and public acceptance than the decisions by a single judge. The jusry also serves as the conscience of the community because it is drawn precisely from the community in which the crime was committed (p. 130).

With this in mind it would seem that the jury should have given a just verdict. There are however, issues with juror proceedings that can at times cause unjust rulings. The biggest issue in the case of Caylee Anthony was inadmissible evidence. Although Caylee's body was found near the Anthony residence and although her mother Casey had a motive to kill her child there was no way of proving how Caylee died. Her body was so far decomposed that there was simply no way of telling how she was killed and therefore it was clear Casey Anthony would walk free. She was however, charged with lying under oath and was placed in a witness protection program because many people felt that she deserved to be brought to justice.

There are several types of prejudice that could have also contributed to the ruling among the jurors. Although not probable, it is possible that there was generic prejudice among some members of the jury. For example, if one members of the jury strongly believed that no one in their community could simply perform such a horrific act they may be inclined to believe Casey's botched story. In my personal opinion however, I feel that many members of the jury in this trial may have had normative prejudices. That is, many of the jury I am sure felt that the community had a strong sense Casey was guilty and that their ability to make an impartial decision was hindered by the fact that so many people wanted Casey to be convicted and go to jail. However, due to the fact that Caylee had been decomposed too far Casey simply had to be let go since there was no definitive evidence that she murdered her child. In my opinion justice was not served in the case I am convinced that a murderer walked free due to sheer dumb luck.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Good article, Wrap. I have always said the jury was lame, and was not bright enough to sit thru 6 weeks of trial and make sense of Baez's bullshit and Casey's lying, the scientific evidence, the circumstantial evidence, and the rest of the circus made by media and by Casey's parents.

And, of course, none of them were chemists!!

LOL

Hippy
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 am

Hippy chick - I love your Avatar! Damien Hirst Cathedral ceiling! OK I read Baez's book - he makes an extremely good case for the defense he put out - Now Im going to read Jeff Ashtons - Baez trashes George especially all thru the book saying he was a child molester. There is a glaring misrepresentation in the book when Cindy tells Casey while she was in jail "now they are saying Caylee drown" Baez wrote that Casey said "oh well, oh well" when she really said "surprise surprise". Other than that, there wants a misrepresentation so to speak but he presented all their side. Has anyone else read it? I would like your thoughts. I cant post more now but I will later there are some interesting points!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Did you buy the book, artgal? Sorry, but I refuse to contribute to him in any way at all! I haven't heard, but wonder how his book is selling. I might read it if they get it at the library. Hope he's not making a lot off of it...Poor Caylee. cryingagain
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 am

I got the book from the library it took me from the date of release until a few days ago to get it and to read it - I read it in two days -and my friend bought the Jeff Ashton book and send it to me by mail! As soon as I can Im going to outline some of the things he said about Caylees death.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Caylees death - according to Baez:
Caylee drowned - George found her - no one was watching her but George told Casey it was her responsibility and that she would go to jail. He said he would take care of it.
Casey's being abused by George was a reason for her going along with this
Caylee was wrapped and buried the same way the Ants pets had been - by George - Casey was 5 years old which was the latest time that George had wrapped a pet that way
The duct tape was definitely in George's possession as it was seen at the command center
Caylee was dressed hurredly in shorts to small for her that caused them to rip as they were placed on her from someone not familiar with her size or was not used to dressing her but had access to her clothes.
No shoes were ever found at the site supporting the drowning theory.
Crystal Cruz testified George know it wan an accident saying that George told her early on "it was an accident that snowballed out of control"
Casey's cell phone showed numerous calls to Cindy a few minutes apart that day, but Casey never reached Cindy - this was because Casey wanted to confess to her.
George searched online dating sites show on the computer not Casey - Casey usually searched myspace and facebook
There was only one search for cholorform this was by Casey as it was something she saw on a post by Ricardo Morales. There was never chloroform in the trunk it was the trash.
Cindy eventually found out about the accident and the body was placed in the woods later - where it was hidden was never specified.
We can start with that part - any thoughts?

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Baez is forgetting that KC was in possession of the car before it was towed. And Caylee was in the trunk of that car. Trained professionals knew what the smell was coming from the trunk. It is all plausible in my mind that some people might believe that. But I don't. I think KC killed Caylee.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 pm

From the book - Baez contends
Caylee was never in the trunk - it was garbage -
No chloroform in the trunk either -no evidence of any kind.
No stain (he shows an image of the trunk)
Dr Vass testimony refuted categorically that there was no chloroform in the trunk. Dr Vass stood to profit by a machine he was making to help with air samples
The garbage was dried out by the prosecution and police to the point when shown it had no smell
The police who investigated that night including Melich saw the car and never mentioned any smell as far as the smell of death - several other police that night as well - on one mentioned its smell.
There was one small blowfly leg found - there should have been many flies found if there was a dead body in the trunk.
One tiny hair found with a death band - but death banding not conclusive as it might not even have been that - why no other hairs but one?

I will be reading Jeff Ashtons book now to see. I admit
I thought Caylee was killed purposely but now Im not so sure - and if anyone was sure before it was me. He makes some logical conclusions in the book - I guess you have to read it yourself to see what you think.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:52 pm

I concede that KC might not have deliberately killed Caylee, but I do think that she overdosed her in order to spend time with Tony. I also think that it's possible that she drowned in the pool that day, and stupid KC was afraid that she would be charged with neglect. I don't think George was involved with it at all.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 pm

I really need to start Ashtons book to get some balance here. Baez trashes Ashton,George, and Judge Perry - and somewhat takes digs at Cindy and Lee - he apparently liked Linda Drane Burdick who he says also didnt like Ashton and in fact has not backed his recent political run in Florida but backed his opponent.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 pm

Im finding by reading Ashtons book the glaring ommissions or downright "mistruths" in Baez'a book.
Saying that Caseys reply to Cindy saying that the new story was that Caylee drowned and her reply was oh well oh well when in fact it was surprise surprise is the first thing. Next Baez wrote that Casey borrowed the shovel to break the lock on the shed for the gas cans but again that isnt true - Tony broke the lock on the shed to get the gas cans. There was no mention of Caseys trip to the Anthony house where she backed her car into the driveway at all.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:05 am

The omissions or downright mistruths is typical Baez.

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 pm

lisette wrote:I concede that KC might not have deliberately killed Caylee, but I do think that she overdosed her in order to spend time with Tony. I also think that it's possible that she drowned in the pool that day, and stupid KC was afraid that she would be charged with neglect. I don't think George was involved with it at all.

ITA. That's been my theory all along. As much as she loved to text and be on the computer, etc., I can totally see Caylee drowning while Casey was preoccupied to the point of child neglect, and that's how Caylee drowned. I think she climbed that pool ladder and fell in. Casey found her too late and for some reason decided to spin it like she did. Being a sociopath and always having to look to others for the "normal" way to act, she had no experience to reference for the way to act when you find your child dead as a result of your neglect. JMO
I know from experience that you can't sit on the computer when you have little ones underfoot. I can't get on the puter at all when my grandkids are staying overnight, I have to wait until they are in bed and asleep at night. I imagine you can't sit and text incessantly and watch a child responsibly either. (I don't text like Casey did... non-stop!!!)

Last edited by HippyChick2 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added last paragraph)
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

artgal16 wrote:Im finding by reading Ashtons book the glaring ommissions or downright "mistruths" in Baez'a book.
Saying that Caseys reply to Cindy saying that the new story was that Caylee drowned and her reply was oh well oh well when in fact it was surprise surprise is the first thing. Next Baez wrote that Casey borrowed the shovel to break the lock on the shed for the gas cans but again that isnt true - Tony broke the lock on the shed to get the gas cans. There was no mention of Caseys trip to the Anthony house where she backed her car into the driveway at all.
Write what works for Baez is what it boils down to. So many people that might read the book haven't followed this case like we have and won't even catch the mis-truths and down right lies!
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

Casey Anthony: Who exploited the victim in this case?

posted by halboedeker on August, 2 2012 8:36 AM

The most curious mailer arrived this week. It’s election season, and we see a lot of those.
But this one is decorated with former prosecutor Jeff Ashton’s pictures. He is shown on “The View,” HLN, “Dr. Phil” and Fox News Channel. The mailer also has the cover of his book, “Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony.”

The mailer, from a group called Keeping Central Florida Safe, blasts Ashton for book and movie deals in the Anthony case. Ashton is challenging former boss Lawson Lamar for Orange-Osceola state attorney, a race to be decided Aug. 14. And the Anthony case has emerged as a top election issue.

The mailer blasts Ashton for “exploiting the tragedy of the victims of crime” and asks, “Do we really want to elect someone who has a history of personally profiting from the tragedy of others?”

If we’re talking about the Anthony case, there was only one victim: Caylee Anthony. Ashton dedicated his book to the dead 2-year-old. The prosecution may have lost the Anthony case, but Ashton provided a public service by explaining its side of a very baffling story.

The charge “exploiting the tragedy of the victims of crime” rings false, especially in the Anthony saga. These so-called “victims” have exploited the tragedy.

Casey Anthony took $200,000 from ABC News and didn’t let people know her child was missing for 31 days. George and Cindy Anthony collected $600,000 from the “Dr. Phil” show and haven’t commented on defense attorney Jose Baez’s shocking charges in his book, “Presumed Guilty.” I presume they’re looking for more money to talk.

But the Anthonys aren’t too interested in the truth in this story.

There was only one victim, and Ashton paid tribute to her. He didn’t exploit her. The rest of the Anthonys can’t be exploited; they’re too busy doing it to themselves.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:50 pm

There was only one victim, and Ashton paid tribute to her. He didn’t exploit her. The rest of the Anthonys can’t be exploited; they’re too busy doing it to themselves.
ROFLMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 am

WOW IMO that Lamar is kinda an asshat. I think he was envious at how much POSITIVE attention we on the boards gave Jeff during the trial. And others too.
Personally I blame the jury for the negative outcome of the trial, not Jeff.

JMO
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

That smirk Jeff did during closing arguments always bothered me. It is unnecessary and unprofessional. I wish some one would have asked one of them "which department head" decided the death penalty was going to be sought? That complicated this trial as much as the media storm.
my 2 cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

agreed

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

State files response to Casey Anthony's appeal
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

The State of Florida filed its answer on Thursday to Casey Anthony's appeal of her convictions for lying to law enforcement officers about the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

After an ultra-high-profile trial, Anthony was acquitted last summer of murdering her daughter, but convicted of lying to the detectives who searched for the 2-year-old. Anthony initially reported Caylee had been kidnapped, but authorities determined — and Anthony's defense acknowledged at trial — that the girl was actually dead.

Anthony has appealed her four misdemeanor convictions and asked for a new trial.

The next step in the appeal is for the Anthony team to reply to the paperwork filed by the state on Thursday. That reply is due in 25 days. After that, the case will be set for oral argument before the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach.

Anthony's appeal is based on three issues:

Jurors shouldn't have heard testimony about Anthony's lies, her defense argued, because she hadn't been advised of her rights, despite having been briefly handcuffed and put in a deputy's vehicle, before she was questioned by detectives.

Anthony's attorneys argue that her four convictions violate the constitutional double-jeopardy protection. The four lies she was charged with, they say, were really just one "single offense."

The defense also argues Perry incorrectly ruled against an objection to part of the jury instructions about perjury, rendering the only charges Anthony was ultimately convicted on "unconstitutionally vague."

In its answer, filed Thursday, the state countered that Anthony was not officially in custody when she lied to investigators and her appellate brief "failed to show a double jeopardy violation" or prove an issue with the instructions.

The appeal has a substantial impact on several lawsuits Anthony faces in connection with her daughter's death, including a defamation suit brought by Zenaida Gonzalez, who says she was defamed when Anthony told authorities a nanny with a similar name had kidnapped Caylee.

Authorities ultimately determined the nanny didn't exist, but not before Gonzalez was interviewed by detectives and linked to the case in the media.

Anthony's defense argued at trial that Caylee drowned in the family's pool. Prosecutors alleged Anthony killed her and disposed of her body.

Anthony has cited her pending appeal to avoid answering questions about her daughter's death in that suit, which is currently set for trial in Jan. 2. A spokeswoman for the DCA said Thursday it appears unlikely the appeal will conclude before then.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

State files response to Casey Anthony's appeal
6:35 p.m. EST, September 6, 2012|
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

The State of Florida filed its answer on Thursday to Casey Anthony's appeal of her convictions for lying to law enforcement officers about the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

After an ultra-high-profile trial, Anthony was acquitted last summer of murdering her daughter, but convicted of lying to the detectives who searched for the 2-year-old. Anthony initially reported Caylee had been kidnapped, but authorities determined — and Anthony's defense acknowledged at trial — that the girl was actually dead.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Is Casey Anthony about to break her cover? Family wants her to make secret return to her Florida home to say goodbye to her dying grandmother

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Will Casey Anthony break her cover to visit her dying grandmother?

SCALLYWAG SEPTEMBER 7, 2012 0

It’s been revealed that Casey Antony might now be considering breaking her cover in order to spend time with her dying grandmother, Shirley Plesea, whom it is understood the formerly indictment mother of murdering her own daughter is particularly close to.

Since her acquittal of July 2011 Ms Anthony who probably qualifies as one of the most hated women in America has been forced to live in a kind of quarantine where her identity or location is never revealed for fear of public retribution against her.

According to family members the 85 year old grandmother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has only weeks to live, inciting belief that Ms Anthony might come out of hiding to spend time with her terminally ill grandmother.

Dan Plesea, Casey’s uncle, told Mail Online: ‘Cindy does know Casey’s whereabouts. They are in contact. I am not saying anymore.’

Asked if Casey would be returning to the family home he said: ‘No comment.’

Speaking outside the Anthony home in Orlando, Plesea said his mother had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was in the final stages of her life.

‘To be honest I did not think she would last as long as she has,’ he said.

‘Cindy and I are taking turns to look after her.’

Yet not everyone is too thrilled with the probable return of Ms Anthony to her parents home, of Orlando where she has not set a foot in since 2008. Although on speaking terms with her mother (despite court tensions which drove them apart for a while) there is the question of whether the ice has thawed between Ms Anthony and her father whom she accused of sexually abusing her and possibly involved with her deceased daughter’s absence and death.

But far the greatest peril lies with local residents who are not likely to be too thrilled to have a pariah figure (never mind the pariah figure of paparazzi who chase images of so said undesirables) in their backyard.

The mystery of who and where Casey Anthony might be revealed in the weeks to come as she may be forced to combat heightened interest in her case as she once again resumes probable public proximity. Yet who Casey chooses to portray is really up for grabs as she mulls how she too now must navigate this newest obstacle in her life…

She Stole from her "dying grandma" and put her through hell and IIRC, that was what the big fight was about on July 15, 2008 which many say is the reason Casey took Caylee and left. I would wonder if Mrs. Plesea would even want to see her.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Casey Anthony’s grandma is dying, British publication reports
posted by halboedeker on September, 7 2012 6:09 PM

Casey Anthony’s grandmother, who uttered some of the most famous words in the case, is dying, Mail Online reports.

Shirley Plesea, who is 85, has terminal cancer and is in her final days, Dan Plesea, Casey’s uncle, told the British publication. Dan Plesea said that he had traveled from his home in North Fort Myers to stay with sister Cindy Anthony, Casey’s mother, and help care for their mother. He also revealed that Cindy had been in contact with Casey, but he had no comment about whether Casey might travel to Orlando to see her grandmother.

In 2009, NBC’s “Today” highlighted Shirley Plesea’s insights about Anthony family tensions. She told investigators,”I just wonder if she [Casey] hated her mom more than she loved Caylee.”

Last summer, Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder in daughter Caylee’s 2008 death.

Casey stole as much as $45,000 from her parents, her grandmother told Orange County sheriff’s investigators, according to documents released in 2009.

According to a transcript of the conversation, Shirley Plesea told investigators that Casey “didn’t have an income. She was out all the time. She always had money . . . ”

Shirley Plesea also said that Casey has stolen a check from her to pay for Caylee’s 2nd birthday party in 2007. “She was buying the birthday stuff and evidently she needed the extra money,” Plesea said. “And instead of asking grandma for some more money . . . [She] took the check. I would have gladly given her some money.”

In the 2009 NBC report, Kerry Sanders looked back at the time when Cindy Anthony gave daily interviews. Plesea provided more insight. “Cindy’s out of control for one reason,” Plesea told investigators. “If Cindy doesn’t believe Casey, then Caylee’s dead. Honest to God, that’s my feeling.”

Caylee’s remains were found in December 2008. The toddler had been reported missing in July 2008.

In the book “Mommy’s Little Girl,” author Diane Fanning explored Anthony family tensions.

“Casey is the biggest liar in history,” her uncle Rick Plesea, Cindy’s brother, wrote in an e-mail to his mother. “She would rather spin lies than find Caylee. She thinks it is a game.” Rick wrote that Casey makes George and Cindy “look like the stupidest parents ever in the entire world.”

Very interesting comments at above link.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hnyb on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:35 pm

This is sad news about Shirley.
I always admired her honesty when it came to Casey & Cindy.

I feel bad for her.
I wouldn't want Casey's face to be one of the last ones I ever saw.

hnyb

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:51 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this but if the Grandmother really does want to see TLMS then I hope the media will give the respect to the family only because of Shirley (and the neighbors) to leave things alone if she shows up to see her. BUT as a regular visit, heck no, let the media be there.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm

What gets me is this is IN the media. IMHO, it shouldn't be. Period. Shirley's death is private. my 2 cents

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 pm

I agree
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Would love to know what family member leaked this to the press. And WHY????? If I were Shirley Plesea, I would be livid!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm

According to family members the 85 year old grandmother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has only weeks to live
Cindy probably leaked it, maybe via her brother, Dan. She will use anything to be in the limelight...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Casey Anthony Offered $10,000 For Boxing Match with Proceeds Going to Charity
SEPTEMBER - 10 - 2012

Celebrity Boxing is offering Casey Anthony the chance to compete in a match on Celebrity Boxing 57. The Florida mother, who recently finished her probation after being convicted of misdemeanors for providing false information to police during the murder investigation of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, will receive $10,000. Celebrity Boxing will also donate $10,000 to a children’s charity, to be decided, if Anthony accepts the challenge.

Celebrity Boxing is offering the public the chance to compete on November 3 against Anthony in the ring. The competition will be held at a location in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which has yet to be decided. A female will participate against Anthony in a three-minute round match with Big Gloves and headgear. The person who’s chosen to compete doesn’t need to have any boxing experience.

Damon Feldman, the founder of Celebrity Boxing, said the competition “will be a great way for Anthony to help a children’s charity, plus earn a payday. We have put calls into Anthony’s people (and are) waiting on (a) response.”

People interested in trying out for a chance to compete against Anthony should email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Anyone interested in the competition should include their name, weight and background information in the email.

Written by: Karen Benardello

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 pm

I hope she goes on and someone beats the crap out of her!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Celebrity Boxing is offering the public the chance to compete on November 3 against Anthony in the ring.

Can you imagine the crowd that will line up to have the honor of pummeling her!? As much as she likes the spotlight, I don't think she'll do this. She knows that many people would like to see her pain and agony...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:32 pm

I agree but boy oh boy, wouldn't we love watching this?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hnyb on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:43 am

Wrapitup wrote:I hope she goes on and someone beats the crap out of her!

agreed
hnyb

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Casey Anthony verdict outrage continues on social media networks one year later

SEPTEMBER 16, 2012 BY: CHARISSE VAN HORN
It’s been more than one year since Casey Anthony was acquitted on charges of murdering her two-year-old daughter Caylee. The verdict rendered on July 5, 2011 sparked outrage nationwide with protesters shouting outside the Orange County courthouse demanding justice for Caylee. Bills were enacted in states nationwide prompting legislators to enact “Caylee’s Law,” a regulation that would make failing to report your child missing a federal crime. On April 6, 2012, in Anthony’s home state of Florida, Governor Rick Scott signed HB 37, making “Caylee’s Law” official. Though Anthony was acquitted, the vitriol surrounding the case, and the belief many hold that she murdered her daughter despite a jury’s decision, continues. Anthony is facing several civil suits and is scheduled for another trial in January 2013. However, it doesn’t take long for one to realize that that animosity directed towards Anthony is just as strong today as it was throughout the murder trial.

Those searching through the social media-networking site “Twitter” in real time will find numerous references to Anthony and other most hated celebrities and criminals. Popular tweets include references to the noun turned verb phrase “Casey Anthony your kid” or choosing a babysitter or nanny named “Casey Anthony.” Some refer to their feelings of anger towards the jurors in the case, as well as the fact that Anthony is no longer on probation and is technically, a free woman. Anthony’s attorney, Charles M. Greene, along with her criminal defense attorney, J. Cheney Mason continue to insist that Anthony’s life is in danger from a public that is incensed that Anthony is free and no one has ever been punished for the death of two-year-old Caylee.

The Facebook group “People Against “We Support Casey Anthony” continues their boycott and mission that Anthony never profit from the death of Caylee Anthony. On September 16, 2012, the group added Piers Morgan to their boycott list as a response to a June telephone interview where Anthony told the CNN host that she did not kill her daughter.

Anthony spent one year on probation for her conviction of lying to police during the initial investigation into her daughter’s disappearance. During that time, public information pertaining to Anthony, information that is normally accessible for other Florida citizens in trouble with the law, was kept private. Anthony’s address has remained a secret since her release from jail and she has kept a low profile. It is unclear whether Anthony will continue to receive special treatment due to the perceived threats against her as she faces three civil suits in Orange County, Florida.

Though Anthony proclaimed her innocence, the public sentiment surrounding her shows that not many believe she is innocent of Caylee’s death in 2008.

Polls continue to show that Casey Anthony is the most hated person in the United States. In June 2012, the New York Post polled more than 9,000 people and Anthony’s name topped the list. The poll was conducted nearly one year following her acquittal.

During Anthony’s extremely publicized trial, many comparisons were made to O.J. Simpson who was acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman. Though acquitted in criminal court, Simpson was found guilty of their deaths in a civil trial. Simpson came in at number seven on the Post’s poll and is currently incarcerated on other charges. As Anthony faces civil suits, it will be interesting to see if she will continue to share similarities with Simpson. Zenaida Gonzales is suing Anthony for defamation in a suit stemming from statements given by Anthony that she left Caylee with a nanny by the same name. Anthony’s attorneys filed a motion requesting information from the criminal trial be barred in the civil trial. A hearing is scheduled in the matter for September 26, 2012.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum