Body of Jorelys Rivera found in dumpster in Canton, Georgia/ | Ryan Brunn pleads guilty to murder of Jorelys Rivera and is sentenced to LIFE!/ RYAN BRUNN HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Dahlonega residents stunned by Brunn’s local ties Former neighbors describe murder suspect as troubled

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 am

The mood on Sleepy Hollow Road in Dahlonega on Thursday was that of shock and disbelief.

Ryan Brunn, whose family lives on the tree-lined road in Dahlonega, appeared in court that day wearing a bulletproof vest. He's facing charges of sexually assaulting and killing Jorelys Rivera, 7, last week in a Canton apartment complex.

Bond was denied at the hearing, and he's being held in isolation for his safety.

But the 20-year-old's former neighbors in Dahlonega were trying to grasp the fact that the suspect in the crime lived right next door. Brunn moved to Canton from Dahlonega just one month ago.

Chasity Sanford lives about a hundred feet from Brunn's mother's Sleepy Hollow Road home. She has two young daughters and wonders if their safety could have been at risk.

"I've got two little girls, so it's really scary living next to somebody that would do something like that," she said.

Neighbors describe Brunn as having a troubling past in which police were called to the family's home on several occasions.

"I've never really met him. We've called the cops on him several times," Sanford said.

In October, Sanford called police because she said Brunn was smoking marijuana in her backyard.

"I've really been keeping up with everything because I'm definitely moving if he comes back here," Sanford said.

Other neighbors said they have also notified police of incidents involving Brunn, including marijuana use and domestic violence.

"We have had several instances where some questionable things have happened," said Brittany Partin, who also lives next door. "There's just been several things where we were caught off guard but we didn't know what to do."

In one example, Partin said Brunn punched his family dog in the face.

Partin still said she is shocked about the news of his arrest in Rivera's death.

"I'm still very surprised. I didn't think that anything like that would happen here in Dahlonega, especially to think it was them next door," she said. "I'm just horrified. I feel especially bad for both moms."

A convenience store about a mile from the family's home buzzed with the news.

"Customers were talking about that in the morning when I got here. Everybody was talking about it," Ali Bukhari said.

The store clerk then looked up a photo of Brunn and realized the man was a customer of the store on multiple occasions.

Like so many others, Bukhari is shocked that a customer he served is now facing such horrible allegations.

"If we have these kind of customers, you have to be kind of aware of that," he said. "... You don't know."

Family members and Brunn's public defender say he is innocent.

Brian Staples, whose brother is married to Brunn's sister, said Brunn is outgoing and friendly, not the socially awkward, quiet maintenance man that residents at the apartment complex described.

He said Brunn is "into helping people, not hurting people."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Ryan Brunn Facebook before it was deleted

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 am

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Body of Jorelys Rivera found in dumpster in Canton, Georgia/ | Ryan Brunn pleads guilty to murder of Jorelys Rivera and is sentenced to LIFE!/ RYAN BRUNN HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE!

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 am

BJ, great find considering it was removed!!

Did not read it through as pretty tired but will.

What is it w/these kids and the "hit me up"? Drives me nuts! Can't they just say, "give me a shout/call/call me?" Ridiculous! Reminds me of someone asking for someone to "hit them up" with drugs. 🇳🇴

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Body of Jorelys Rivera found in dumpster in Canton, Georgia/ | Ryan Brunn pleads guilty to murder of Jorelys Rivera and is sentenced to LIFE!/ RYAN BRUNN HAS COMMITTED SUICIDE!

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 am

On at least two occasions, Jorelys was temporarily missing after school and found at a neighbor's house. WTH?? School officials and her mother disagreed over whether the mother had been present to greet her daughter as she got off the school bus. On one of those occasions, Jorelys later told school officials her mother had been “too sick” to get her at the stop. So, you make arrangements for someone else to pick you child up and call the school to let them know. Not rocket science.

Then, in February, Jorelys once again had no one to meet her at the bus stop, and the driver took her back to the school, according to the report. The incident prompted someone from her school to contact DFCS. What was her excuse then? Did the driver attempt to contact this "mother" prior to taking her back to school?If so, did she answer the phone? If not, where was she? And, how long did she stay in school before someone came to get her?

A case manager who visited the home found no signs of abuse and a safety plan was written. Whoopteedo!! Maybe if this excuse for a mother had been watching her child, she would be alive today!!

The report also reveals that after Jorelys vanished, police were frustrated because no one in the home could tell them much about her playmates or where she played.

When the case manager arrived Saturday to see the other children and examine the apartment, neighbors volunteered concerns that the children regularly went unsupervised. DFCS subsequently decided to temporarily remove the two younger girls, a separation that lasted until Thursday's hearing. Good!! What a sad excuse for a "mother"! This perv saw the perfect opportunity to abscond this poor baby. He probably had been watching her and knew the "mother" didn't keep an eye on her kids!

"They're going home with their parents," attorney John Connolly said Thursday after the ruling that they should be returned. "The family is very pleased." Oh, I just bet they are!!

David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center, said [b]people often place too much emphasis on any parental lapse by the parents of children who fall victim to tragedy. Exactly!! Lapse by the parents of children who fall victim to tragedy and in this case, a brutal murder..yet, he allows the kids to be returned to her?????

“It’s easy for us to think, well, she didn’t supervise her child. I supervise my child. It won’t happen to me,” he said. “We reassure ourselves of that, but it’s not necessarily that this was a failure of supervision. … Trying to supervise our children 24/7 is just not possible.” Yes, it is!! If you need a break, you find someone RELIABLE to watch them. OMG, this is outrageous!!!

“It’s very hard to accept that these things happen," he said, "that there are people in society disordered enough to do this kind of thing, and that some unfortunate random child might be the victim."
"Unfortunate random child is putting is a Very ignorant comment and a Huge understatement!! angry

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

I thought the same thing when I read that on FB! Since I know the girl well I knew it wasn't doing drugs but my do the sayings change with the generations! Shocked 2
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Brunn Will Enter Not Guilty Plea

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Ryan Brunn will plead not guilty to the brutal slaying of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera.

David Cannon Sr., one of Brunn's court-appointed attorneys, told CNN on Thursday that his client will enter a "not guilty plea" at the appropriate time.

Cannon could not be reached for comment this morning, but Brunn's other court-appointed attorney told Canton-Sixes Patch that he "will confirm what Mr. Cannon said."

Lawyer Daran Burns didn't elaborate.

Wednesday—two days after authorities discovered Jorelys' severely beaten body in a Dumpster—GBI Director Vernon Keenan announced the arrest of Brunn, a 20-year-old maintenance worker at the River Ridge apartment complex, where Jorelys lived and died.

She'd been sexually assaulted and stabbed an unknown number of times.

An affidavit for arrest said "the accused did unlawfully and with malice ... cause the death of Jorelys Rivera by hitting her on the head with a blunt object."

It’s not clear when Brunn will appear in court next. Burns and Cannon will have to file a motion to get him a bond hearing.

The county grand jury is convening Monday, Cherokee County Superior Court Judge Frank Mills said during Brunn's first court appearance on Thursday. But it’s more likely that prosecutors won’t be ready to present the case until the grand jury’s January session.

A plea, which would come during an arraignment, could take awhile.

Meanwhile, the Canton Police Department said today that it would not discuss the case publicly.

"The prosecution of the case is way too important to jeopardize," police spokeswoman Candy Worthy said. "We realize that people are curious, but our main focus (is) the ongoing investigation that is still being conducted, and the prosecution of Ryan Brunn. By putting too much information out to the media and the public, we run the risk of having to change the trial location if a trial were requested by the defendant."

Worthy also said authorities want to respect Jorelys' family, which will receive visitors during a public viewing from 5 to 8 p.m. tonight at Darby Funeral Home.

"We want to ... spare them any details that they may not want to hear or read about in the papers and see on TV," she said. "We want to bring justice for Jorelys and the Rivera family."

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Please discuss only Ryan's FB on this thread..
NO DISCUSSION about the murder of Jorelys on this thread, please and thanks.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Since I know the girl well I knew it wasn't doing drugs but my do the sayings change with the generations!
Color me confused! You know the girl well? WHAT girl??

Sorry, BJ...didn't know where else to post this.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:04 pm

I just read what I posted Wrap, before I read your post, OMG!!!!!
What I should have written is that a girl that I know very well wrote 'if anyone wants to do anything tonight, hit me up' - if I had not known her I would have thought she was slamming drugs!!!!
Maybe now I should post my entire thought, huh? But you all know I'm confused
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:20 pm

OK..makes sense now. My niece says the same thing. Drives me crazy3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:15 pm

In reading through the facebook posts it looks like he recently moved. It just goes to show you his profile looks like any other young Man his age. Who knew he was a sicko pervert murderer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

On at least two occasions, Jorelys was temporarily missing after school and found at a neighbor's house.
That about says it all. I think the other Children were returned way to soon. Jorelys RIP sweet angel. Another one gone to soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:32 pm

He states on his FB that he moved from NY to Georgia.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:36 pm

WOW!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 am

That rainbow over the dumpster made me think about the tree that was struck by lightening at site Caylee's body was dumped.

I can't wait to hear what evidence they found that made them arrest Ryan Brunn, because as we all know hearsay from a neighbor's conversation with him isn't enough.

I was just wondering...
Is there a law that says you have to be there waiting at your child's bus stop when they get off the bus?

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 am

All good questions, Nite. No clue about the law..maybe it's a State or County thing in GA.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:01 am

nitespinr asked Is there a law that says you have to be there waiting at your child's bus stop when they get off the bus?
No there is no law saying you have to be. But in this crazy world full of sick people like Ryan who would let their children get off the bus alone? Maybe I am paranoid but I am always there when Katie steps off that bus. If I can't be I have some one I can trust to be there. Did you read how many sex offenders lived in that area? faint

Back to top Go down

Normal Ryan Brunn pleads guilty to murder of Jorelys Rivera

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:08 pm

A 20-year-old maintenance man pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to life in prison without parole in the murder of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera.

Ryan Brunn was sentenced an hour after he pleaded guilty to killing to the child at the apartment complex where they both lived, CBS affiliate WGCL reported.

According to police, Rivera was playing at an apartment complex playground in Canton, Ga. on Dec. 2, 2011. She was returning to her building when Brunn allegedly lured her to a vacant apartment nearby. He told the judge he found Rivera's roller skate and used it to lure her in.

Detectives said Brunn beat, raped and stabbed the girl to death. Brunn was a maintenance man at the complex.

Authorities found the girl's body in a trash bin there three days after her mother reported her missing.

Brunn was indicted last week in the 7-year-old's death on one count of murder, two counts of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and cruelty to children in the first degree.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

A 20-year-old maintenance man faces life in prison for beating, raping and killing a 7-year-old north Georgia girl, who disappeared from a playground at her apartment complex and was found in a trash bin.
Ryan Brunn pleaded guilty Tuesday to several charges including murder in the Dec. 2 killing of Jorelys Rivera (JOR'-ih-lees ruh-VIR'-uh). He responded "Yes, sir," when a judge asked if he was pleading guilty to the charges. The judge accepted his plea and sentenced him to life without parole.
"I'd like to apologize for everything that's done. Lo Siento," Brunn said, apologizing in Spanish as he took the stand briefly a second time.
Brunn said he chose the girl because he happened to find her roller skate and used it to lure her to a vacant apartment, where he killed her, he told the judge.
He said he first sexually assaulted her.
"I didn't want her to go home and tell her mom or dad on me. So I cut her," he told the Cherokee County judge.
He bound her arms with plastic ties in the bathtub and then taped her face before cutting her with a razor he uses to slice carpet, he said. When she didn't die immediately, he hit her about five times with a "hammer-like object" and stabbed her in the chest. He stuffed her body in a garbage bag and threw it into a trash compactor, he said.
Brunn spoke softly and candidly to the judge as members of Rivera's family sat in the front row sobbing.
A statement from the girl's mother, Joselinne Rivera, was read in court.
"The rest of my life I am going to feel terrible and destroyed because of the harm you did to my daughter," Rivera said in the statement. "I desire this man the worst possible of the world, and that they do to him the worst so he suffers."
Brunn's defense attorney David Cannon addressed reporters after the sentencing.
"He was remorseful. A child's life was lost and he was sentenced. And that's the bottom line ladies and gentlemen. It's over," Cannon said.
Other charges against Brunn are aggravated assault, aggravated battery, cruelty to children in the first degree, aggravated child molestation, false imprisonment, enticing a child for indecent purposes, sexual exploitation of children, making false statements and abandonment of a body.
Authorities found the child's body three days after her mother reported her missing from the Canton apartment complex. After getting rid of the body, Brunn said he returned to his apartment and then went out with friends to Walmart before returning home to smoke pot and meth.
Two days after the killing, Brunn began "freaking out" and wrote a note on the back of a McDonald's receipt saying the girl's body was in the trash compactor and taped it to the bin, he told the judge. When the judge asked why he did that, he responded, "I was high."
Police say Brunn snatched the girl as she walked from the playground to her apartment to get sodas for her friends.
Brunn was being held without bond at the Cherokee County jail. His family has said he is innocent.
Brunn has no known criminal past and he cleared background checks by the company that runs the apartment complex where he had been working about a month. Authorities say Brunn had keys to the apartment and the trash compactor bin where Rivera's body was left.
"We're very glad this is over for us, and especially the family," said Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance after the sentencing.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:04 pm

I say lock the mother up with him.

They are both pathetic!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

In court, Brunn said he chose Rivera after he found her skate outside her apartment building in Canton. He snapped a photo of it and then used it on Dec. 2 to persuade the girl to follow him into a vacant unit he had earlier unlocked.

"I thought to myself, I was going to lure her. I don't know why," he said, adding: "I asked her if it was hers. And she came."

When they got to the apartment, he first forced her to lie on a mattress and undress, he said. When she wanted to use the bathroom, he said he followed her in there and forced her to lie on a bathtub. He said she never asked to leave, but only if she could go home when he was finished. He said he soon grew fearful of the consequences of the assault.

"I got scared in there from what I was doing and I didn't want her to go home and tell on me," he said.

So he bound her arms with plastic ties, stuffed her mouth with a cloth dishrag and then wrapped her face in tape, Brunn said. He said he then took a razor used for slicing carpet and slit her throat. When she struggled for a few minutes, he said he hit her about five times with the skate and then wrapped her body in a blanket, which he then dumped in a trash compactor...

...Brunn insisted he never had sex with the girl, and prosecutors agreed to reduce charges against him from aggravated child molestation to child molestation. He also pleaded guilty to a range of other charges, including assault and abandonment of a dead body. He had no history of a criminal past and passed a background check to work at the complex.

Keenan, the GBI director, said after the hearing that investigators uncovered evidence that Brunn had molested other children. He said Brunn's speedy guilty plea gives investigators a chance to delve into Brunn's pathos to uncover what makes him tick

"If he were on death row, we wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to him and learn and perfect our skills," he said...

lisette

Back to top Go down

Normal Canton police quits in wake of critical report

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

By Jeffry Scott
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance has resigned, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned, in the wake of a highly-critical report that faulted him and his department for its response last month to the disappearance of 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera whose body was found days later in a trash compactor at the River Ridge Apartments where she lived and was last seen.

Channel 2 Action News Jorelys Rivera, 7, disappeared Dec. 3 at her Canton apartment. Her body was found a few days later in a trash bin. A 20-year-old maintenance man admitted abducting the child, took her to a vacant unit and sexually assaulted her, beat and stabbed her, then dumped her body in the trash bin.

Read the report (.pdf)
Rivera Audit Report

Lance could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday afternoon. City manager Scott Wood said he would have a comment this afternoon. The report faulted Lance's leadership and the performance of the department which had come under criticism from other law enforcement agencies.

"There was a clear absence of leadership by the agency head predicated on the assumption that this was a routine "runaway or missing child, and she would turn up," wrote LaGrange Police Chief Louis Dekmar in his 19-page review of the investigation delivered to city officials Tuesday.

City manager Scott Wood said Thursday morning the city would comment later today on what if any action the city, which requested the inquiry, will take against the department and chief Jeff Lance, who has said he welcomed the review of the department's performance.

Canton Mayor, Gene Hobgood said "this is a very indicting report of the police department, and I hate to use that word, but it shows us we have a lot of improvement to do with the department." He said chief Lance has been a "very loyal employee of the police department for 20 years," and the report was not just critical of him and his leadership.

"It wasn't just the chief that didn't follow protocol," said Hobgood, "it was the department."

On Tuesday, 20-year-old apartment maintenance man Ryan Brunn pleaded guilty to molesting and killing Rivera and was sentenced to life in prison. Before his sentencing Brunn described how, on Dec. 2, he lured Rivera to an vacant apartment and killed her about an hour later, then dumped her body in a trash compactor.

Canton Mayor Gene Hobgood called for a review of the police response Dec. 15 after questions were raised by several members of the community, including Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison.

It was Garrison who called for GBI assistance two days after Rivera disappeared, even though his department was not in charge of the search. A case of that magnitude required a specially trained unit with more expertise, Garrison told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in early December.

Several deputies and a firefighter told an internal affairs investigator for the Sheriff's Department that on Dec. 3, the day after Rivera disappeared, it was unclear who was in charge of the search. Nobody debriefed deputies or firefighters after they checked vacant apartments, including Unit No. 10009, which was later determined to be the crime scene, according to the internal affairs report.

Two firefighters, a Cherokee Search and Rescue team member and two deputies later said they noticed blood in that apartment but didn't realize it was relevant because they believed they were looking for a missing girl and not a crime scene. They did not report the discovery of blood until two days later.

In his review Dekmar wrote that while evidence indicated Canton Police would not have saved Rivera's life, "it is clear that if a subsequent missing child report were to be approached in the same manner as was the Rivera case, the Canton Police Department may indeed missed an opportunity to save a victim's life."

I hope ALL Law Enforcement Agencies know about this case. The very first thing I thought of when reading this was the case of our Faith Willison. Then, my mind turned to HaLeigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Lisa Irwin, Alyala Lunsford, and so many others. It is High Time LE Stops with the "she/he ran away" scenario ~ only to find a deceased child/adult days or weeks or sometimes even months later. This has GOT to Stop NOW!! Also, I think it is up to the parent's/family of the missing to go to LE and raise holy Hell. Scream on the streets for justice.

In the cases of our little HaLeigh, Hailey and Alyala, LE has been pathetic and I am being kind. It appears drugs were involved in all 3 of these cases, not to mention porn in at least one of them. If LE has any notion whatsoever the the parents are abusing or trafficking drugs, if the parent have a criminal record, Drug Test them immediately. I don't CARE about their "civil rights". If said parents are neglectful, if CPS or DPS has been called out before, the red flags should be flaring immediately.

I am
angry

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Sampson on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Ga police chief resigns over missing girl probe
By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press – 2 minutes ago
ATLANTA (AP) — The police chief of a north Georgia town resigned after a scathing report found he took a "laid back" approach to the search for a 7-year-old girl whose body was found days later in a trash compactor, the city's manager said Thursday.

Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance stepped down after the 17-page review revealed his department of about 50 officers violated several of its own policies and made many mistakes in the search for Jorelys Rivera, said city manager Scott Wood.

The girl was reported missing at her apartment complex about 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 2. Days later, Ryan Brunn, a 20-year-old maintenance worker at the complex, was charged with her killing. Brunn pleaded guilty Tuesday to molesting and killing the girl and explained his actions in chilling detail. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

A call to Lance for comment was not immediately returned.

A 17-page review by LaGrange Police Chief Louis Dekmar said Lance and his department made a host of mistakes.

The inquiry said there was little doubt that Rivera was already dead by the time Canton police received the missing child report. But it said if another such report were handled in the same manner, police "may indeed miss an opportunity to save a victim's life."

The review found that the officer who responded to the initial call treated the case as a routine one that "would be solved in the same manner as dozens of other such cases that the agency had handled in 2011."

Local officers arriving to search for Rivera failed to activate their dash-board cameras to record the scene, failed to immediately determine if any sexual predators lived or worked nearby, and didn't report her case to a national registry until almost a day after she went missing, the report said.

The report said Lance didn't arrive at the apartment complex in the town of about 23,000 until around 10:15 a.m. the next morning — about 17 hours after the child was last seen. When he did arrive, it said he was talking to several other officers about the "Georgia game" and eventually turned the TV to a football game.
angry "Personnel present at the scene frequently characterized the chief's level of concern as 'laid back,'" the report said.

Lance failed to launch a separate criminal investigation or heed advice to process Rivera's home as a crime scene, the report said.

"There was a clear absence of leadership by the agency head predicated on the assumption that this was a routine 'runaway or missing child, and she would turn up,'" the report said. "The police chief failed to act after he was placed on notice of the incident, in a manner that galvanized the available resources and communicated a sense of urgency to his personnel and assisting outside agencies."

Other problems with the investigation surfaced earlier. A Cherokee County deputy who failed to immediately report seeing drops of blood in an apartment during the search for the girl was earlier ordered to undergo additional training. That was not included in the latest report.

Wood, the city manager, said the review should answer questions that were raised about the department's policies and procedures.

"Although sadly the family must still deal with the heartache and loss of this young child, from a legal perspective the matter has now been fully concluded," he said in a statement.

Copyright ©️ 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Ruth Sampson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Sampson on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

CANTON | Brunn confession opens doors to other molestation cases12:23 PM, Jan 19, 2012 | 4 comments Facebook Twitter Google buzz Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Newsvine Buzz up! Fark it - A A A +
Written by
Doug Richards

ATLANTA -- Tuesday night after he confessed in court, GBI investigators interviewed Ryan Brunn at length again. He's a suspect in two other jurisdictions in molestation cases involving two other young girls.

One of the cases is in Virginia. Authorities won't say where. Police in Virginia interviewed Brunn, but the molestation allegation was dismissed as unfounded.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead says police there are re-examining that case in light of Brunn's stunning courtroom confession Tuesday in Canton to the murder of seven year old Jorelys Rivera.

"We know from doing the background of Brunn that he had molested other children," GBI director Vernon Keenan said Tuesday in an interview with 11Alive News. "The molestation consisted of fondling of the children. We know of no other instances of violence involving him."

Another case is in Lumpkin County, Georgia, which is where Brunn lived before he moved to Canton. The Lumpkin County case had gone unreported until Brunn was named a suspect in the Rivera case. The GBI is now re-examining that case, as are local authorities in Lumpkin County.

In both cases, Bankhead says the alleged victims were acquainted with Brunn.

Investigators have talked with Brunn about the two cases, but GBI spokesman John Bankhead wouldn't say whether Brunn had confessed to any involvement in those cases. The GBI expects to interview Brunn with some regularity.

Last night, GBI director Vernon Keenan told Kevin Rowson that the life-without-parole sentence will be of help to law enforcement. "We will be able to study Brunn," Keenan said.

Keenan said GBI agents hope Brunn will be able to help them understand the mind of a child molester, to use Brunn as a resource while they are actively investigating other crimes against children.

Ruth Sampson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Ryan Brunn has committed suicide. Looking for a link right now.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Brunn found dead in prison

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:10 pm

The 20-year-old man who pleaded guilty to killing a 7-year-old Canton girl has apparently killed himself in prison.
A Georgia Department of Corrections spokesman said Brunn was found unresponsive in his cell at 4:15 pm. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital an hour later in an apparent suicide. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now investigating the case.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Ryan Brunn, the apartment groundskeeper who pleaded guilty Wednesday to the molestation and murder of a 7-year-old Canton girl, committed suicide today, according to the Georgia Department of Corrections.

Channel 2 Action News Jorelys Rivera, 7, disappeared Dec. 3, 2011, at her Canton apartment. Her body was found a few days later in a trash bin. On Jan. 17, 2012 Ryan Brunn, a maintenance at the complex, pleaded guilty to abducting the child, taking her to a vacant unit and molesting and then killing her. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Canton police quits in wake of critical report
Read the report (.pdf)

Guilty plea, life sentence in Jorelys Rivera murder
Sentencing

"I can confirm that Ryan Brunn did commit suicide," said Kristen Stancil, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Corrections.

Brunn was found unresponsive in his cell at 4:15 p.m. and was taken to a local hospital and was pronounced dead at 5:37 p.m. The case has been referred to the GBI for further investigation.

Brunn was being housed at the Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison in Jackson, Ga. Stancil would not say who found Brunn, or how he died, or whether he was under suicide watch at the time. GBI investigators were on their way to the prison to investigate.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

ATLANTA — The 20-year-old man who pleaded guilty to killing a 7-year-old Canton girl has apparently killed himself in prison.

A Georgia Department of Corrections spokesman said Brunn was found unresponsive in his cell at 4:15 p.m. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital an hour later in an apparent suicide. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now investigating the case.

Brunn was charged with the Dec. 2 killing of Jorelys Rivera at the apartment complex where she lived. He pleaded guilty to various offenses, including murder and child molestation charges.

Brunn appeared in a Cherokee County courtroom on Tuesday and coldly recounted how he committed the crime. Brunn said after he molested the child, he slashed the girl's throat with a knife and beat her in the head with her own roller skate. Brunn wrapped the girl's body and dumped her in a trash compactor.

"I never had an idea of killing a child in my life ... I was just so terrified and scared. I didn't want her to tell her mom and dad on me and I just ... I cut her," Brunn said.

"I'd like to apologize for everything I've done and I do deserve everything that you are about to give me," Brunn said while Rivera's mother sobbed just a few feet away. Brunn simply said "sorry" in Spanish, never turning around to face the family of his victim.

Brunn was sentenced immediately after the plea to serve a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Thursday, Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance resigned following an investigative report that was released saying his department violated its own policies while searching for the missing Canton girl.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

I think this added to his suicide:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Sampson on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I wonder what will happen to Brunn's other possible victims...I hope their cases are not forgotten.

Ruth Sampson

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Good question, Ruth, and great to see you here!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum