20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal 20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49 am

December 17, 2011 06:35 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing by her father after he claims to have discovered her missing from her crib. It looks like another case similar to the Lisa Irwin disappearance, and hopefully something positive surfaces.

Authorities have been searching for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds since Saturday morning when it is alleged that the child was abducted from her crib. The child was reportedly last seen at around 10:00 p.m. on Friday night, and was gone by this morning. She was last seen wearing pajamas that said "daddy's princess."

This case is already strikingly similar to the disappearances of Lisa Irwin and Tyler Dasher. Tyler Dasher was found hours after he was reported missing by his mother. She ultimately admitted to beating the toddler to death. Lisa Irwin is still missing, and so is the latest "abducted child" Ayla Reynolds.

Police, along with firefighters and other investigative bodies, have combed the Maine neighborhood from where the girl allegedly vanished. They have not been able to turn up any clues related to her disappearance. Hopefully she is found soon, safe and alive.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 5 times in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 am

Posted: 10:50 AM
Updated: 11:13 AM
Press conference today on missing toddler
By Doug Harlow

WATERVILE — Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey will host a press conference at 2 p.m. today in the Waterville City Council Chambers regarding the disappearance of 20-month-old child Ayla Reynolds.

Facebook pages on missing Ayla Reynolds

The Council Chambers can be reached through the Police Department main entrance on Front Street in downtown Waterville.

No requests for interviews or information will be released prior to the press conference, Massey said.

Reynolds, wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at about 10 p.m. Friday. Her father reported her missing Saturday at 8:51 a.m. when he found an empty bed.

Police searched the neighborhood for her all day Saturday, including using a Maine State Police tracking dog.

The child lives at 29 Violette Ave., off Cool Street. She was last seen wearing green, one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them. She is 2 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 30 pounds.

Her left arm is in a sling and soft splint. She has short thin blond hair.

Waterville Deputy Police Chief Charles Rumsey said police conducted extensive interviews and believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm, which he said was suffered in an accident several weeks ago.

Massey said it's possible the toddler let herself out of the house and simply walked away and that is part of the investigation. It's also possible the child was abducted, police said.

Police asked that anyone with information regarding Ayla's whereabouts to call the Waterville Police Department at 680-4700.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:56 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:57 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Toddler missing, possibly abducted
12:59 PM, Dec 18, 2011 | 39 comments
Written by
Caroline Cornish

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Police in Waterville are searching for a missing toddler who they say may have been abducted.

20-month old Ayla Reynolds disappeared from her home at 29 Violette Avenue. She was last seen in her bed by a family member at around 10 Friday night. Her father called police just before 9 a.m. Saturday when he learned she was missing.

Police searched the area near the home with a K-9 and have turned up nothing. They also are searching the home and say Ayla's family is cooperating with them. They are now turning to the public for help.

The little girl was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "daddy's princess" written on them. She's 2' 9" tall and weighs about 30 pounds. She has short, blonde hair and her left arm is in a sling with a soft splint. Police say that injury was suffered some time ago, and they are comfortable that it was accidental.

The Waterville Police Department will be holding a press conference Sunday afternoon at Waterville City Hall. We will report any new information as it becomes available.

If you have any information on where she might be, you are asked to call Waterville Police at 680-4700.

Many of you have been asking us on our Facebook page about whether an Amber Alert should have been issued in this case. NEWS CENTER spoke with Public Safety Spokesperson Steve MccCausland, and he tells us that Amber Alerts are issued only if the abductor is known to police, and a vehicle is involved.

It's still unclear what happened in Waterville.

He also says Amber Alerts are only issued within a few hours of a child disappearing or going missing.
Since this child disappeared overnight, possibly as long as 18 hours ago, McCausland says it's not appropriate for an Amber Alert to be issued.

WHY did the father wait so long to report his daughter missing?? Pat Brown is covering this on her FB, too.

No Amber Alert. Here We Go Again!!!!!

If you click the above link, there is a picture slideshow of this sweet baby.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
Another toddler "abducted out of her crib. Daddy didn't notice for 11 hrs. Child has a broken arm. Yeah....hmm..... #AlyaReynolds

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Search for Missing Baby Intensifies
December 18, 2011 09:40 AM EST

The search for a missing 20-month old Maine baby is entering it's second day with no trace of the tot in sight. More details have surfaced since yesterday, and like the disappearance of Lisa Irwin, this one seems really strange and heartbreaking. Will this missing child be found, or is this another high profile cold case in the making?

When 20-month old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing on Saturday morning, the last time she'd been seen was at around 10:00 the previous night. It's presumed that she was abducted from her crib in the middle of the night before her father rose to wake her up yesterday morning. These details are very similar to those given by Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin regarding the disappearance of Lisa Irwin. However, there are some other speculations rising in the case of this missing tot.

A news commentator raised the question of whether or not the little girl could've gotten out of the house on her own. If this is in any way possible, then the searches need to be thorough surrounding the entire area. The temperatures in Maine are far too cold for a 20-month old child to be wandering about. In fact, since it's been going on two days, it's likely that the child wouldn't be alive if she ventured into the elements on her own.

Why was Ayla Reynolds injured?

The father of the missing baby says that her arm is in a soft-splint due to a break. Why? It's simply speculation, but it seems odd that a child is not only injured but suddenly missing as well.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Family feels helpless as search for missing toddler continues
By Doug Harlow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Staff Writer

WATERVILLE — A 20-month-old girl remains missing late this afternoon as police said at an afternoon press conference that they continue to investigate and interview family.

Waterville toddler missing; girl was possibly abducted

Facebook pages on missing Ayla Reynolds

Ayla Reynolds, wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at about 10 p.m. Friday. Her father reported her missing Saturday at 8:51 a.m. when he said he found an empty bed. The child lives at 29 Violette Ave., off Cool Street.

Reynolds' grandfather, Ronald Reynolds of Portland, said Sunday he and other family members feel helpless as police search for the young girl.

“It’s just so hard for me to sit back and not do anything,” Ronald Reynolds said. “I’m crawling out of my skin right now. She's the apple of my eye.”

He said he hasn’t been able to eat or sleep since police came to his home with the news yesterday.

“She is so friendly, loveable, smart,” he said. “I don’t know where she is. I don’t know if she’s in a car, if she’s in a gutter somewhere.... I want my granddaughter found. I want here home safe.”

Maine State Police, a game warden, a tracking dog and city police entered the house at 29 Violette Ave. about 12:30 p.m. today. Police searched the neighborhood for her all day Saturday, too.

She was last seen wearing green, one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them. She is 2 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 30 pounds.

Her left arm is in a sling and soft splint. She has short thin blond hair.

Waterville Deputy Police Chief Charles Rumsey said police conducted extensive interviews and believe there is nothing suspicious about the broken arm, which he said was suffered in an accident several weeks ago.

Massey said it's possible the toddler let herself out of the house and simply walked away and that is part of the investigation. It's also possible the child was abducted, police said.

At a 2 p.m. press conference Sunday, Massey said anyone with information about Reynolds to call police at 207-680-4700.

My heart goes out to her grandfather. Cannot begin to imagine the pain he is going through!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:35 pm

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Police in Waterville say 20 month old Ayla Reynolds was last seen 8 o'clock Friday night.

At a news conference Sunday afternoon police said the little girl's father is Justin Dipietro and her mother is Trista Reynolds. Ayla lives with her father and her mother lives in Portland , although she does not have a permanent address.

Police were told by DiPietro that he last saw his daughter when he put her to bed on Friday night. He discovered her missing the next morning.

There were people visiting the home Friday night. Police describe them as friends and family.

The investigation involves local police, state police, wardens and the FBI.

Ayla was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "daddy's princess" written on them. She's 2' 9" tall and weighs about 30 pounds. She has short, blonde hair and her left arm is in a sling with a soft splint. Police say that injury was suffered three weeks ago when she reportedly fell down.

If you have any information on where she might be, you are asked to call Waterville Police at 680-4700.

Many of you have been asking us on our Facebook page about whether an Amber Alert should have been issued in this case. NEWS CENTER spoke with Public Safety Spokesperson Steve MccCausland, and he tells us that Amber Alerts are issued only if the abductor is known to police, and a vehicle is involved.

It's still unclear what happened in Waterville.

He also says Amber Alerts are only issued within a few hours of a child disappearing or going missing. (Didn't daddy check on his child????)

Since this child disappeared overnight, possibly as long as 18 hours ago, McCausland says it's not appropriate for an Amber Alert to be issued.

18 hours??? WTH?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Very Interesting Comments!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:45 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:11 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Police: Parents Of Missing Toddler Cooperating

Search For Ayla Reynolds Continues

POSTED: 3:14 pm EST December 18, 2011
UPDATED: 6:21 pm EST December 18, 2011

WATERVILLE, Maine -- Waterville police said the parents of a missing toddler are cooperating with the investigation.

Twenty-month old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing on Saturday morning.

At a news conference Sunday afternoon, Police Chief Joseph Massey said investigators have talked with Reynolds' parents, Justin DiPietro and Trista Reynolds, as well as other extended family members, and that everyone is cooperating with the investigation.

“All I can say is they're being completely cooperative at this time,” said Massey.

Officers were called to 29 Violette Avenue on Saturday morning after receiving a report from DiPietro.

He told police the toddler was seen sleeping in her bed by a family member at 10 p.m. Friday. The next morning, DiPietro told authorities the child could not be located.

Local and state authorities have done detail searches of the neighborhood but so far, have turned up nothing.
“We’re not focused on any one area,” said Massey. “We need to look at everything.”

Authorities said the FBI is now assisting with the investigation.

“I want to go up there and search and stay out all night and do whatever I need to do,” said grandfather, Ronald Reynolds. “The police are telling me to let them do their job.”

Reynolds was last seen wearing a green one-piece pajama with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" written on them.

Reynolds is 2 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighs approximately 30 pounds. She has short, thin blonde hair. Her left arm is in a sling and soft splint from suffering a fall a couple of weeks ago.

“This is the type of thing I watch on the news,” said aunt, Jessica Reynolds. “I never thought in a million years that my sister or anyone that close to me would be dealing with this. I just want my niece to be found safely. That's all we can hope for at this point.

Anyone with information regarding Reynolds' whereabouts is asked to call the Waterville Police Department at 207-680-4700

“We need your help,” said Massey in a public plea. “I think time is of the essence. We'd like to get her back home.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

must see video

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Maine Toddler Reported Missing From Home

WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — Maine police appealed Sunday for the public’s help in finding a toddler who has been missing from her Waterville home since a family member saw her asleep in her bed Friday night.

Federal, state and local officials were helping in the search for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds.

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said Ayla’s father called police Saturday morning to report that his daughter was not in her bed and couldn’t be found.

Massey said police interviewed the father, Justin DiPietro, the mother, Trista Reynolds, and other family members. He said they all were cooperative. Ayla’s parents live separately. She went missing from the father’s home.

Ayla is described as 2-feet-9 inches tall, weighing 30 pounds. She has blonde hair. She was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words “Daddy’s Princess” on them. She had a soft cast on her left arm.

Authorities interviewed neighbors and searched the area Saturday and again Sunday. They also used a search dog at the girl’s house to detect any signs of Ayla and to make sure she was not hidden in a closet or some other small space, Massey said.

The police chief said all possibilities were being investigated, including abduction.

“Everything is open. Everything is on the table,” he said. “We have not uncovered any information that has sent us in any direction.”

Waterville is about 20 miles north of Augusta.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Ayla Reynolds Update: Police Ask for Assistance
December 18, 2011 05:00 PM EST

Ayla Reynolds was reported missing yesterday morning by her father, who hadn't seen her since the night before. Like the Lisa Irwin case, the disappearance of the Maine tot has instantly gained attention. Police are asking for help in locating the missing 20-month-old baby in the latest update in this captivating case.

A news conference was held this morning in Waterville, Maine, over the disappearance of 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds. Police Chief Joseph Massey revealed that the search is continuing through the neighborhood and neighbors are being re-interviewed. The parents of the missing baby are not being identified, but it's reported that they are separated. It's not known whether the father has custody or simply had the child at the time. It should be clarified that both parents are also being cooperative with investigators. Other news media above has released the parents names and says they Are cooperating.

What happened to Ayla Reynolds?

Ayla Reynolds, like Lisa Irwin in Kansas City, is an adorable blonde-haired baby who is missing under very strange circumstances. It's quite possible that the child, almost 2 years old, may have wandered out of the home on her own. However, it's being reported as a potential abduction.

Hopefully the missing baby is found alive in the safe care of someone who is benign. However, it's passed the 48-hour mark and those are the crucial hours for finding a missing person, especially a missing child. There is no telling what happened to the little girl, but hopefully more details are revealed with the passing hours.

No Amber Alert

To make things clear for readers, an Amber Alert wasn't issued for 20-month-old baby Ayla because of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. There are strict criteria to follow in order for an alert of this caliber to be issued. For one thing, a vehicle must be involved and witnessed. That obviously isn't the case in the disappearance of this child. Unfortunately, Amber Alerts aren't widely applied to all missing persons cases—although some would wish it to be this way. It would dilute the urgency of the system, however.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:15 pm

My take: The father. Either way, whether this little toddler was murdered by him or people he knows (it has been stated friends and family were in the home the night she went missing), he got drunk (who does that sound like?) - passed out and the baby walked out of an UNLOCKED home in her pj's in sub-zero temps..the Father is liable. MOO.

p.s. If she were abducted, (and if she was I pray she is alive!!) I believe it was a friend or family member who was in the home that night.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Find Ayla Reynolds Missing Since 12/16/2011 From Waterville, Maine
Thank-You to everyone who is helping try to Find Ayla Reynolds Missing Since 12/16/2011 From Waterville, Maine Pray for Ayla's safe recovery. This is the latest update I am aware of:

Law enforcement and citizen search parties combed a Waterville neighborhood Sunday, but as evening fell, had not found missing 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds.

The toddler, dressed only in pajamas and wearing a soft cast from a broken arm, was last seen sleeping in her bed at 8 p.m. Friday, Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters at a news conference Sunday afternoon. The FBI has been called in to assist state and local police and the Maine Warden Service in the search.

Two search dogs, one from the Warden Service and one from Maine State Police, were at the house where she lives for much of the day Sunday.

Ayla was reported missing from her Violette Avenue home by her father, Justin DiPietro, at about 9 a.m. Saturday, when he found her bed empty. The girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, is living in Portland without a permanent address, Massey said. Both parents have been interviewed and are cooperating with the investigation, he said.

He said there were several adults at the home Friday night when Ayla went to bed. At least one of them was not a family member, he said.

Massey said "everything is on the table," and is not ruling out an abduction.

"We covered quite a large area up there. Unfortunately we were not successful in finding little Ayla," Massey told reporters. "That is our primary focus; to find a 20-month-old little girl who now has been missing at least 40, 45 hours and bring her home safely."

Ayla was last seen wearing green, one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them. She is 2 feet 9 inches tall, and weighs approximately 30 pounds.

Her left arm is in a sling and soft splint. She has short, thin blond hair.

Massey said the search for the little girl began early Saturday and continued Sunday with firefighters from Winslow and Waterville assisting in a house-to-house search. Game wardens also searched the banks of nearby Messalonskee Stream.

"We've got detectives out there; we called in the Warden Service, state police and the FBI, who bring unique resources that the Waterville Police Department does not have," Massey said. "Again, the goal is to find Ayla; to do that, I want to make sure that I utilize every possible resource that I can to find the child and get her back safely."

Massey said the report of the missing child did not qualify as an Amber Alert, largely because of the timing of the missing child report.

"We did not utilize the Amber Alert system; this case did not fit that criteria," he said. "Some of the criteria is that you have to have a suspect and you have to have a vehicle. In this particular case, we had none of that criteria. It was a missing child.

"You lose the advantages of an Amber Alert if you don't get it out immediately. We didn't get this information until 10 hours later."

Massey said the Waterville Police Department did use an established automated telephone calling system, which calls everybody within a square mile and alerts them that there is a child missing, what the child looks like and where to report any information back to the police.

Massey would not discuss why the mother was in Portland without a fixed address or why the child was staying with her father in Waterville. He said he was uncertain if there are any child custody provisions in place.

Massey would not say if a door had been left open at the house of if there had been any uninvited entries into the house. He said Ayla broke her arm in an accidental fall three weeks ago.

Massey said investigators have interviewed everyone who was in the house that night.

Among the many private citizens who volunteered in the search for the little girl was Andrea Donadio of nearby Cool Street.

"I knew if I had children, I would want anybody in the community to help me find my child," she said. "We went on foot to the river behind my house; out by Moody Street all the way down to Calvary Temple and by the big dam."

Others, including Ashley Church of Norridgewock and Amanda Doody of Fairfield, said they were horrified to see the postings of the missing child on Facebook.

Church, 26, said she had two little girls of her own at home. Doody, 29, said she has two little boys. They said they could not just sit around without doing something to help.

"I would be devastated if nobody came out to help me look for my kids," Doody said. "It's almost Christmas; it's just scary to think that we live in Maine and it's happening here."

Anyone with information regarding Ayla's whereabouts is asked to call the Waterville Police Department at 680-4700.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:04 am

Ashley Pouliot I am sick and tired of hearing about the little girls parents her father is a person everyone knows wouldnt do anything to his child and first snd foremost a little girl is missing from our community so please spare te negative comments and detectve uestions!
14 minutes ago · Like · 4

Katie Beeh Agreed Ashley, and its well known to those who know the father that he had the baby girl because the mother was proven unfit. So people need to either know the reasons why Ayla was with daddy, or not speak at all.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal LE Searching For 20 month old Ayla Reyn of Maine, Missing From Her Crib While Staying Overnight at her Father's

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:48 am

NECN: Eileen Curran) - The search continues for a toddler who disappeared from her father's home over the weekend.

Ayla Reynolds, 20 months old, vanished from her Waterville, Maine home sometime on Friday night, police said.

She has not been seen since her father put her to bed on Friday night.

Police are investigating the possibility the little girl was abducted. There is also a chance she wandered off, police said.

Alya is just 2'9" tall and weighs about 30 lbs. She was last seen wearing green, polka-dot pajamas that ready "Daddy's Little Princess" on the front. Her left arm was in a soft cast, when seen last.
Anyone with information on Ayla's whereabouts should contact police.
Video at link, can't embed.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

If the childs arm was broken and the doctor suspected child abuse wouldnt childrens services have been called?
Do we know if any case workers were called to the home?
I would think there would be a record somewhere. Where were the grandparents when all these people were at the house? I dont believe for ONE minute that this child walked out in the cold. God what is going on now days?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

Heugh G. Rection I know from personal experience that the mother is a drug addict and has abducted the child before. I don't know if this will fall on deaf ears (eyes?) but it is something to look into

from her FB page.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:56 am

A frantic search is underway for a 20-month-old Maine girl who vanished from her bed.

Ayla Reynolds was last seen by her father, Justin DiPietro, when he put her to sleep in her own bedroom at around 8 p.m. on Friday. The following day at around 8:50 a.m., he called police to report that his daughter had vanished overnight.

During a weekend where temperatures dipped as low as 6 degrees in the small city of Waterville, investigators from multiple agencies including the FBI searched for Reynolds, who was last seen wearing a soft splint on her left arm and green pajamas with polka dots that said "Daddy's Princess" on the front.

"She was only in a pair of pajamas and it was imperative for us to bring all of the resources we could as quickly as we could to try to locate her," Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said during a press conference.

Authorities have not ruled out the possibility that Reynolds was abducted, the Morning Sentinel reports.

Investigators are searching for Ayla Reynolds, a 20-month-old Maine girl believed to have vanished from her bed while her family slept. Reynolds' father, Justin DiPietro, told investigators he last saw the child at around 8 p.m. on Dec. 16 when he put her to sleep in her own bedroom. The following morning, at around 8:50 a.m., he called police to say her bed was empty. This photograph was posted on a Facebook page dedicated to the missing toddler.

"There are two possibilities. She could have walked out of the house. She was able to walk," Massey told The Portland Press Herald.

"Her mobility would have been quite limited with the soft cast on her arm. We think it would be very, very difficult for her to open the door and get herself out. We don’t think she could have gone very far.

The other possibility, Massey told the paper, is abduction. "We're certainly looking at that. It's very concerning."

Reynolds is described as 2 feet, 9 inches tall, about 30 pounds, with short blonde hair and blue eyes, according to a Facebook page dedicated to the missing toddler.

Investigators say the child injured her arm during a fall about three weeks ago.

Reynolds lived with her mother, Trista Reynolds, and her grandmother in Portland until the toddler was removed from their custody by the state's Department of Health and Human Services in October, the girl's maternal grandparents told the Kennebec Journal.

The child's parents and relatives have been "completely cooperative," investigators told reporters this weekend.

Local police have brought in outside agencies including the state police and the Maine Warden Service to assist in the search. On Sunday, authorities attempted to use police dogs to track the girl's scent.

Massey has asked the public for assistance and urged anyone with information about the case to contact the Waterville Police Department at (207) 680-4700.

"We need more than just us," he told reporters. "We need the help of the general public out there."

The Waterville Police Department declined to respond to inquiries from The Huffington Post on Monday morning. A press conference is scheduled for 2 p.m.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 am

Where does the mother live in comparison to where the father is?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Uncut Press Conference on Sat. - Pls Turn Volume all the way up.

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:00 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Must SEE!!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:01 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Missing Toddler Ayla Reynolds' Parents Need to Get Their Priorities Straight

Posted by Jeanne Sager on December 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM

When you hear that a toddler in Maine is missing, you want to feel badly for the parents of little Ayla Reynolds, don't you? Their 20-month-old disappeared in the middle of the night! They must be frantic! But if you're the type who always starts judging the parents, get ready to dive right in.

Justin DiPietro and Trista Reynolds are two parents who are making it really hard for outsiders not to feel like something is off. To start with? The couple isn't currently speaking to one another! They can't even come together while police are frantically searching for their missing child!

Reynolds tried to make their refusal to come together on behalf of their child sound better when she told reporters that her ex was just helping her out with her daughter (she calls Ayla "my" not "our") until she got back on her feet, but they hadn't been able to co-parent well in weeks. She even says she filed for full custody of the little girl on Thursday, ironically one day before the child allegedly disappeared from DiPietro's Waterville, Maine home in the middle of the night. But nothing -- not even her claims that DiPietro didn't know about the custody grab -- can gloss over the fact that two people who are supposed to put a child's welfare first and foremost are acting like two spoiled brats right now.

They're adults, and their child has been missing since some time after DiPietro put her to bed in her crib at 8 p.m. on Friday night. And they can't actually put aside their differences for the sake of that child? Give me a break!

Nothing makes me more furious than the split parents who let their childish antics affect the actual children. Go ahead and hate each other! But since you bumped pelvises, you have lost the right to put your own feelings ahead of the life and well-being of the person you created. Usually, it's the missing children stories we see on the news that wake up parents out there that their kids are so fragile, and they really need to come first.

But Reynolds and DiPietro's kid actually is the one who is missing, and they sadly just don't seem to get it. I desperately hope this little girl is found, and that seeing her face again knocks some sense into these two.

Do you automatically feel sympathy for parents in these cases?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Nancy Grace w/be covering this tonight. She w/be interviewing the mother. I would think so will JVM and HLN Prime News.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:42 pm

The mother sounds like she doesn't give a damn. moo.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 pm

I agree W/be interesting to see her on NG. Wonder if NG will call her out. affraid

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Hope so. These stories are getting old about 'an intruder kidnapped my baby right out of the crib'! Someone needs to call out both Mom and Dad.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:55 pm

They are hauling a car away.

UPDATE: A vehicle is being removed from the house in Waterville where Ayla Reynolds was last seen.
By: WABI TV5

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Damn it! I'm so sick of incompetent parents killing their kids!!!!! MOO. This isn't going to turn out well. MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Missing Maine girl's relatives feared for her

By GLENN ADAMS, Associated Press – 1 minute ago

WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — Relatives of a woman whose toddler is the subject of an intensive search said Monday that they feared for the girl's safety while she was staying with her father, who was caring for the child when she disappeared.

Twenty-month-old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing Saturday morning by her father, Justin DiPietro, who called police to say she was not in her bed in Waterville.
Whitney Raynor, her mother's stepsister, said Monday that welfare agents had placed Ayla with her father in November while the mother was in rehab for substance abuse. The girl had bruises after being in her father's care, Raynor said, in addition to a broken arm three weeks ago.

"Our biggest fear is that he lost his temper and something happened. We're trying not to think about that, but in the back of our minds it's our biggest fear," Raynor said from Portland, where Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, lives.

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey has said the broken arm was from an accidental fall. The girl was last seen Friday night wearing green one-piece pajamas with polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" on them; she had a soft cast on her left arm.

Spokesman Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety said police learned of the girl's cast on her arm from either DiPietro or guests at his home Friday night. A message left with Massey wasn't immediately returned.

A phone number for the father couldn't immediately be located. Police outside his house Monday in Waterville said he was not there, and the girl's disappearance remains a missing-persons case. Two cars were towed Monday from near DiPietro's house, but police would not comment on who owned them or why they were taken away.

Massey said every lead reported by the public is being followed in hopes of locating the child.

"We are approaching this with every possible thought and angle in mind. It is currently a very open case," Massey said at a briefing. He said about 75 officers, including game wardens specially trained in search and rescue, were working on the case.

As the search entered its third day, a Maine Warden Service plane circled overhead, wardens searched a stream near the father's house and residents joined in canvassing the neighborhood for any signs of Ayla.

Wardens focused most of their efforts Monday on Messalonskee Stream, and the FBI and Maine State Police were helping Waterville police investigate, McCausland said.

The stream meanders through Waterville, a city of about 16,000 located 20 miles north of Augusta.

Many residents joined in the search. Carrie Harvey, who lives nearby, found a sippy cup lid near the neighborhood and turned it over to a warden.

"It's sad. Christmas is right around the corner. My heart cries out for that lady," Harvey, a mother of five, said of Ayla's mother.

Reynolds, who also has a 7-month-old baby, is now doing better after rehab, and she went to court Thursday to regain sole custody of Ayla, Raynor said. DiPietro didn't know about the court filing, she said.

Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday that she and the father have been unable to get along in the last few weeks.

"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know is where she is," she said.

Investigators interviewed the parents, as well as other family members, and they were cooperative, Massey said.

The father moved four to six weeks ago to his childhood home on Violette Street in a tidy neighborhood of small ranch houses built after World War II, a neighbor said. A few blocks away is a park, alongside the stream.

A state police evidence van was parked outside DiPietro's gray, vinyl-sided bungalow on Monday, and two state troopers were stationed outside.

"It's just so sad, so sad. I hope we end up with a live child," said Ellen Paul, a retired Colby College employee who lives across the street from DiPietro's home. "I'm heartbroken for anybody to go through that kind of pain."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Missing Maine Toddler: River Search Turns Up Nothing

The search of a river this morning in Waterville, Maine, failed to turn up any traces of 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds, the toddler who disappeared from her bed Friday night.

Reynolds was reported missing around 8:50 a.m. Saturday by her father, Justin DiPietro, according to police. DiPietro said he had put his daughter to sleep the night before, and found that she had disappeared that morning. Several other adults were at the home Friday night with DePietro, including one who was not a family member, police said.

Reynolds' mother, Trista Reynolds, shared custody of the girl with DiPietro and was living separately from him, according to police.

Waterville police chief Joseph Massey said today that the state police, game wardens and FBI are involved in the search, with more than 75 law enforcement agents now helping the investigation. Twenty-five agents helped conduct the river search, which Massey called a "logical" step because of its proximity to the place Ayla was last seen.

Massey maintained that the families of the girl have cooperated with police and that there are no suspects. Police are treating the situation as a missing persons case, he said.

Earlier today, Trista Reynolds revealed she had filed to receive full custody of the girl just prior to her disappearance from her father's home.

Reynolds says she filed paperwork Thursday to receive full custody of her daughter one day before the tot went missing, but says she had not told the girl's father.

"Her father had no idea. He didn't know I went to file … he'll know now, but I never told him and no one told him," she said.

Justin DiPietro lives separately from Trista Reynolds, who, according to police, has no permanent address, and the two share custody of their daughter. Trista Reynolds says she has not spoken to him since their daughter disappeared.

"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter," she said. "He helped out, he would take care of her until I was on my feet, but we've been unable to get along and parent together the last few weeks."

State police, the FBI and game wardens, who have joined the hunt for Ayla, have said that they have not ruled anyone in or out just yet, and for now believe they are dealing with abduction. Police say there were several other adults in the home that night -- one of whom was not a family member -- and all are now being questioned.

Investigators plan to continue scouring the Waterville, Maine, neighborhood where the blonde, blue-eyed, 2'9" tall girl was last seen. On Sunday K-9 units were brought in to track the little girl's scent.

"She was last seen wearing green pajamas with white polka dots that said 'Daddy's Princess' on the front of the pajamas," Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said, adding that "it was imperative for us to bring together all the resources we could, as quickly as we could, to find her."

Although they are not speaking to each other, both sides of Ayla's family appear to be cooperating with police

"We were able to speak to them at length both the dad and the mom and some other relatives and they were as far as we can see very forthcoming with information," Police Chief Joseph Massey said.

Ronald Reynolds, Ayla's grandfather, told ABC News that he is desperate to search the area for his granddaughter.

"I want Ayla home with her mother, with her pop-pop, with her Grandmom, with all of us," he said.

ABC News was unable to contact DiPietro for comment.

Ayla Reynolds had a soft cast on her left arm when she was last seen, Massey said.

The broken arm, an injury Massy said she sustained about three weeks ago, is in a sling, according to a "Find Ayla Reynolds … " Facebook page that's been set up.

ABC News Consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett spoke on the case on "Good Morning America" Monday, saying that investigators are correct not to rule anyone out.

"You have to look at the immediate family … day care folks, all of those people , they're gonna need to check out," he said. "The key is elimination, or not."

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:20 pm

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:55 pm

This is insane, now children just disappear from their homes and its a common occurance? Happens every day? They decide to just take a walkabout? This is crazy I dont believe it for one second. A little tiny girl with a broken arm opened a door and walked out in the cold in the middle of the night. I guess they think we are all fools. The police have to find a way to get to the bottom of these cases somehow. They cant just let these parents get away with killing their children.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Search for Ayla Reynolds in Waterville, Maine continues with no sight of toddler
12/19/2011 5:08 PM

By Amanda Cedrone, Globe Correspondent

Authorities today searched a stream near the house where a 20-month-old child from Waterville, Maine went missing on Friday.

Ayla Reynolds was last seen in her bedroom at 8 p.m. on Friday, said Stephen McCausland, Maine State Police spokesman. Her father, Justin DiPietro, reported her missing when he realized she was gone the next morning. Her parents live separately, McCausland said.

“She remains missing,” McCausland said. “The search is being concentrated on the Messalonskee Stream.”

A Maine Warden Service plane flew over the stream today to search the area, he said.

McCausland said the stream is “rapid flowing” and “very close to the house.”

There are 75 investigators working on the toddler’s disappearance, which has been classified as a missing persons case, McCausland said.

Police also seized two cars connected to Reynolds’ father and planned to process them for possibile forensic evidence, the Portland Press Herald reported on its website.

Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters this afternoon that the Reynolds investigation is considered a missing persons case, not a homicide investigation. Police have said it was possible the toddler was abducted, the Portland newspaper reported.

Also today, the child’s mother, Trista Reynolds, told ABC News that she filed for sole custody of her child on Thursday, one day before Ayla Reynolds disappeared. However, she told ABC News that the child’s father did not know she wanted to restrict his access to the child.

WATCH JVM PLEASE!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Must Watch Video!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

OMG!! There is a friend of the father on JVM and she said that the father FELL on Ayla and that is how she broke her arm!!!!

I think she is in that damned flowing, cold river.

A detective is saying "this case has more red flags than China".

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Holy shit!! A neighbor states she heard loud noises at 3:30 am and the dog was barking. The gal that is being interviewed on JVM just said that DiPietro did NOT want Ayla!!!!

He has lawyered up and NOT taking a poly.

Another one, just like Lisa Irwin..or HaLeigh Cummings!!! I think they will find her but it won't be good. And, I believe the mom.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 pm

artgal16 wrote:This is insane, now children just disappear from their homes and its a common occurance? Happens every day? They decide to just take a walkabout? This is crazy I dont believe it for one second. A little tiny girl with a broken arm opened a door and walked out in the cold in the middle of the night. I guess they think we are all fools. The police have to find a way to get to the bottom of these cases somehow. They cant just let these parents get away with killing their children.
This is such bs!!!!! Could not agree more, Art!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Also heard on JVM that there is another woman with a baby younger that Ayla also living in the home. So why havent we heard who all these other people are? Whatever happened to this child happened in the middle of the night.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NG tonight.
Mom filed for custody on 12/15 but had no attorney and simply filled out the paperwork, she talked to Jason during the week and he said he was going to file for full custody so she decided to do this in secret. They have never lived together..were "mutual friends". She says he is verbally abusive to her and everytime he has had the baby, she comes back w/bruises. She said he has had her since 10/17/11 as she went to rehab. Her sister had the baby and Jason took it upon himself to take her.

Questions I have:
Is he listed as the father on the birth certificate???

She said that he says he was going up some steps and fell on her and that even though she was "screaming bloody murder" he waited 24 hours to take her to an ER. WTH??? Why didn't she take her???? She said that since the 17th of October he has NOT allowed her to have her daughter overnight. And yes, his sister's child lives there??? She is 18 mo old and they slept in the same room.

Ayla was seeing a "bone specialist" who said the break was "suspicious" and then said it wasn't???? He was to take her back to the specialist and did NOT and she was to have her 20 mo old shots and he did not take her.

Question: Has the FBI gotten the ER report and looked at the x-rays? Have they talked to the ER doctor and nurses that cared for Ayla to ask what Jason's demeanor was when he brought her in and did they question him as to WHY he waited 24 hours??

A forensics expert was on and said that children's bones are very pliable and do not break easily and Why would just one arm (left) be broken if he "fell on top of her?" I agree.

LE has NOT released the names of who was in the home the night of 12/16/11 nor have they stated who, if anyone, has taken a poly. Nancy did not ask if the mom has been poly'd which surprised me.

The show was "live" and she got a buzz from the producer's in her ear that they are searching a creek with planes and divers that is approx 50 yards behind the "father's" home. Also, LE has extensively searched the house, and in particular..the attic and garage.

It has been sub zero temps and no way this child or anyone would survive in those elements.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:01 am

Search for missing 20-month-old Waterville girl expands to Messalonskee Stream

By Nick McCrea, BDN Staff
Posted Dec. 19, 2011, at 8:46 a.m.
Last modified Dec. 19, 2011, at 10:01 p.m.

WATERVILLE, Maine — The search for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds continued on Monday as the Maine Warden Service, state and local police investigators and Federal Bureau of Investigation agents combed the area to find the girl who was last seen Friday in her father’s home on Violette Avenue.

The warden service began searching the surface and banks of Messalonskee Stream by plane, boat and foot on Monday, expanding the search area from the weekend, Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey said during a press conference Monday afternoon.

“It was logical considering [the stream’s] proximity to Violette Ave.,” Massey said, adding that the stream is just one-eighth of a mile from the home.

Massey said 75 investigators are assigned to the case, including 25 from the warden service who pushed their search to the stream.

“It’s very important for us to be methodical, it’s very important for us to follow every single lead,” he said. Massey added that all groups involved in the search would continue to “pour our resources in.”

Massey wouldn’t say whether police believed Ayla had been taken from the Violette Avenue home, wandered off into the cold or something else happened.

“The focus, obviously, is to bring Ayla home,” Massey said.

Police asked for the public’s help in finding the girl over the weekend after her father, Justin DiPietro, reported her missing. Ayla last was seen in her bed at DiPietro’s home Friday night.

Ayla is blond and 2 feet 9 inches tall. She last was seen wearing green pajamas with polka dots and the words “Daddy’s Princess” on them. She had a soft cast on her left arm because she broke her arm in a fall three weeks ago, according to Massey.

Police interviewed Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, and DiPietro, as well as other family members over the weekend, and all were cooperative, Massey said.

Ayla’s parents are separated. DiPietro lives in Waterville and Reynolds lives in Portland. The two have struggled to get along, and Reynolds told ABC’s “Good Morning America” she filed paperwork on Dec. 15 to obtain full custody of Ayla.

“I’ve had no contact with [DiPietro]; he’s had no contact with me. All I know is he’s the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know [is] where she is,” Reynolds said Monday.

Among the leads police are investigating is the claim by a neighbor that a vehicle pulled up to DiPietro’s home late Friday night for a brief time, Massey said.

Investigators had two vehicles towed from the Waterville home on Monday. Massey wouldn’t say why the vehicles were taken but said it was related to the investigation. Family members have not been allowed to stay in the home since the investigation started, he said.

Police did not call for an Amber Alert during the search for Ayla because they weren’t informed that she was missing until nearly 9 a.m. Saturday, around 10 hours after she last was seen in her bedroom. The Amber Alert Program is a voluntary partnership among law enforcement agencies, broadcasters, transportation agencies and the wireless industry to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases, according to the U.S. Department of Justice website. The goal of an Amber Alert is to instantly galvanize a community to assist in the search for the missing child.

The Waterville Police Department, Maine State Police, Maine Warden Service and the FBI are collaborating in the search for Ayla, according to Massey. Investigators from each agency met in the Waterville City Council chambers on Monday morning to organize their search efforts, he said.

“Each of these agencies bring a unique expertise to finding missing children,” Massey said.

Cases of children disappearing from their homes in apparent abductions are few and far between, state police spokesman Stephen McCausland said.

“It just doesn’t happen,” he said before Monday’s press conference. “It’s a very rare case.”

The investigation is still “very open,” Massey said. “Nothing, obviously, is off the table.”

Police have fielded many tips from the public, though Massey couldn’t say how many. He said police were including all leads in their investigation.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Waterville police at 680-4700.

press conference video at above link.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 am

I did see part of JVM and NG. NG called the Mother out for not speaking to the baby's Father yet. I do not remember the Mom giving an answer to that. If it were me I'd be over there on top of him beating it out of him.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:27 am

Yea, Kudo's to Nancy for that.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 am

This case has "Daddy's Guilty!" written all over it. According to the mom, baby broke her arm when daddy fell down the stairs with her in his arms... Yeah, right!

She acts all indignant about what a good mother she is, yet she sent the baby to daddy?! He's a slimeball, according to her, but I'm thinking it takes one to know one.

She also said baby Ayla sleeps in a toddler bed. WTF?

My grandtwins are 21 months old. This story makes me shudder!

God, please help baby Ayla, and all the other babies out there who have been brought into this world by degenerates like Dustin DiPietro and Trista Reynolds. praying
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum