20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Ayla Reynolds Update: Maine hunting season raises some hope of finding missing toddler

Post by raine1953 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am

(CBS) WATERVILLE, Maine - The start of hunting season is raising hopes that hunters walking through the Maine woods will aid in the search for toddler Ayla Reynolds, who went missing in December of 2011, CBS affiliate WABI reports.

The child was reported missing from her father's house almost a year ago.
Police believe she is dead but some followers of a website dedicated to finding answers regarding her disappearance believe that she may be alive and that hunters could help.

An administrator for the United for Ayla website, John Pomerleau, tells the Kennebuc Journal that he and others will try to raise awareness among hunters with the distribution of posters about Ayla at locations such as gun clubs, hunter licensing offices, game weigh-in stations, and breakfast diners.

A Department of Public Safety spokesman said there are no new developments in the case, but the investigation remains active.

Alya was 20-months when she was reported missing from her father's Waterville home on Dec. 17, 2011.

Police believe foul play was involved in the disappearance and in April said the three adults who last saw Ayla - her father Justin DiPietro, DiPietro's sister Elisha, and his girlfriend, Courtney Roberts - were not forthcoming with information.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 20 month old Ayla Reynolds Disappears from Father's Home in Maine/Ayla still missing 3 years later.

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 am

Mother’s grief evolving one year after disappearance of Ayla Reynolds

By Christopher Cousins, BDN Staff

Posted Dec. 02, 2012, at 6:02 p.m.
Last modified Dec. 02, 2012, at 8:35 p.m.

Troy R. Bennett | BDN
Trista Reynolds credits her 20-month-old son, Raymond, with helping to keep her going in the year since her daughter, Ayla, went missing.

Trista Reynolds' son Raymond smiles at their Gorham apartment Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012. She credits him with helping to keep her going in the year since her daughter, Ayla, went missing.

GORHAM, Maine — A coffee cup, a vase, a water bottle, a magnetic refrigerator calendar, dog-eared photos and a T-shirt now worn and faded, all with beaming, blond-haired Ayla Reynolds on them.

There are reminders of the missing little girl all over her mother’s apartment — not that Trista Reynolds needs reminders — but pictures and memories are no substitute for a running, jumping, laughing and sometimes screaming child. And they certainly can’t take the place of a living and breathing two-year-old girl.

“There are days I can’t even hear her voice anymore,” said Reynolds. “That’s not OK.”

As horrible as losing Ayla was, Reynolds said she’s thankful for a lot. A year ago, even before her daughter’s disappearance, Reynolds faced losing both of her children. Her running, jumping, laughing and sometimes screaming son Raymond, now the same age as Ayla was when she vanished, is a daily reminder of how close addiction to drugs and alcohol came to taking everything.

Reynolds, who was in an addiction rehabilitation program last year before Ayla’s disappearance, said the toddler never would have been in Waterville, where she disappeared from, if it weren’t for Reynolds’ hospitalization. Reynolds said she partially blames herself for everything that has happened, but is grateful it’s not worse.

“I couldn’t imagine myself losing both of my kids because of my stupid mistakes,” said Reynolds. “I have lost a lot because of having an addiction. I lost Ayla from it.”

Raymond is still too young to understand, though a glimpse of his sister’s picture has him babbling her name in toddler-speak that only his family can decipher. Most people say Raymond is a mirror image of his sister, and Reynolds said the mischief in his smile when he’s throwing clothing all over his room or fiddling with the telephone is the same as Ayla’s. And he dances just like she did whenever Ayla’s favorite song plays on the radio — Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger.”

“Sometimes it’s like she’s still with me,” said Reynolds.

Reynolds, now sober and living in an apartment in Gorham after months of living with family members, said Raymond’s well-being is her singular focus. She knows there are difficult conversations ahead, especially when it comes to his sister.

“When I look at him I think, ‘what will I tell him?’” she said. “I haven’t been able to put it into words yet. I don’t want to tell him something and have him start to blame me.”

Rarely, if ever, has a missing-person case in Maine attracted so much attention. Still, Trista fears her daughter is gradually being forgotten. After a months-long national media deluge, calls from reporters have grown scarce and new information from investigators is at a standstill. Maine State Police spokesman Stephen McCausland said Sunday what he’s said for months: No new developments. The case remains open and active.

Reynolds was reported missing on December 17, 2011, by her father, Justin DiPietro of Waterville. Police ruled out the possibility that Ayla was abducted early in the investigation and have said repeatedly that they believe DiPietro and others who were staying at the home last December know more about the case than they are telling detectives. In January, they announced that they’d found Ayla’s blood in DiPietro’s basement and in May, they said they no longer believed Ayla was alive. Investigators have periodically performed searches of bridges and waterways around Waterville, but said those efforts have turned up nothing related to the case.

Reynolds said her grief is still searing, but it’s evolved.

“It’s still painful, but I have been able to cope a lot better lately,” she said. “I’m always thinking about how how tall she’d be right now and what words she’d have. I imagine that her beautiful blue eyes are looking right through that blue sky down at me.”

At least two events are planned around the anniversary of Ayla’s disappearance. At 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Riverton Community Center at 1600 Forest Ave. in Portland, supporters will gather for a “Shining Hope for Ayla” event that includes a silent auction. Half of the proceeds will benefit an organization called LostNMissing Inc., which has been assisting in the search for Ayla, and the rest will benefit efforts in New York and New Jersey to recover from Hurricane Sandy. Attendees are asked to bring a wrapped children’s gift, which will be donated to children who suffered losses during the hurricane. Contact Cynthia Caron at 603-965-4621 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for information or to donate items to the silent auction.

At 6 p.m. Dec. 17, a caroling and candle-lit walk will begin at the Lutheran Church at 36 Cool St. in Waterville and continue to Violette Avenue, the site of Ayla’s disappearance.

video of Trista at above link and the link above this post.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 am

She's good. I would have already have been at that Dad's home and beat the h*** out of him and maybe his Mother until someone confessed what happened to my daughter or they would be dead. Then the other child would have no Mom at all. I'm glad she kept her head.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am

I do give her credit for conceding she messed up by drinking. But she trusted Justin when she went to rehab.

Yes, she has kept her head and I think that's because she has some solid family support.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Police to recap Ayla investigation

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Dec 7, 2012

There are no new developments in the case of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, but police will hold a press conference next week to provide a recap of the investigation, according to a press release from Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland.

The 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, press conference will be held downtown, just days before the one-year anniversary of Ayla’s disappearance. The investigation has become one of Maine’s largest, the release states.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17 by her father, Justin DiPietro. No one has been named as a suspect or a person of interest. DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Investigators say a kidnapping did not happen and they believe the three adults who saw her last — her father, aunt Elisha DiPietro and Courtney Roberts — are withholding information in the case.

Investigators also believe Ayla is likely dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Year Later, Maine's Ayla Reynolds Case Is Mystery

Post by raine1953 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 am

More than 1,000 children are reported missing each year in Maine. The vast majority are quickly reunited with loved ones, often within hours. Over 40 years, only three missing-person cases involving young children remain unsolved.

The case of Ayla Reynolds — which drew national attention as hundreds of searchers looked for her last December in the central Maine town of Waterville — is one of them. And a year later, her family fears that the case is growing cold as they await answers from detectives about what happened to her.

"Sometimes I feel like they're just kind of giving up on it," said Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds. "You know, Ayla has been missing for a year, and what answers do they have for anybody? None."

Nationally, about 800,000 children and teens are reported missing each year, said Robert Lowery from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Most are soon resolved in all states, but the number of unresolved cases is uncommonly low in Maine, a mostly rural state with a low crime rate.

Ayla, a blond, blue-eyed toddler with a bright smile, was 20 months old when she was reported missing the morning of Dec. 17 from her father's home. The disappearance prompted a massive search by Waterville and state police, game wardens, and FBI agents who canvassed neighborhoods and lowered several streams.

Police announced that they didn't think Ayla was abducted from her bedroom. They also confirmed the presence of her blood in the home and said the father, Justin DiPietro, and two other adults in the home that night know more than they've told detectives, creating an air of suspicion.

DiPietro declined to comment for this story.

Each month in Maine, police receive more than 100 calls about missing children, most of whom are runaways and return home in a day or two. Over the past four decades, that adds up to thousands of runaways, along with kids who become lost or are abducted.

Only Ayla's and two other cases involving young children remain unsolved in Maine, said Stephen McCausland, state police spokesman.

Three-year-old Doug Chapman was last seen playing with his toy trucks in a sand pile behind his family's home in 1971 in Alfred. When his mother went outside to check on him, he had vanished. Road workers nearby didn't see anything. Two bloodhounds tracked his scent to the road.

Carole Anne Allen, Doug's mother, sympathizes with Trista Reynolds because she's been there. Wardens and police searched the woods but found no evidence of Doug, not even his loafers, which he had trouble keeping on his feet.

The first year, she said, was the worst.

Someone stayed near the phone at all times. She didn't know how to act. She didn't want to give up. But law enforcement gave her little hope.

"That's the worst thing. There is no closure. It's like every day you think you see a person who's about the age he would be now. And you think, 'Could he be my son? Is my son in the woods where he died? Or is he alive somewhere?' Forty-one years later, I'm still looking," she said.

Another child, 4-year-old Kurt Ronald Newton, of Manchester, disappeared four years later from a campground near the Canadian border. That case also led to a massive search, but the boy was never found. He father declined to talk about it for this story.

Part of Trista Reynolds' healing was to move to a small town outside of Portland, where she lives with her toddler son and her boyfriend. She said she's no longer confronted with daily reminders of Ayla, as she was in Portland, where the two had lived. She's also seeing a therapist. She's addressed her substance abuse — which led to Ayla being placed with DiPietro in Waterville, 75 miles away — and she's in a better place as she cares for 20-month-old Raymond.

"I'm trying to keep in the spirit of things," she says of her home, which is decorated for the holidays. "Even if my sprits aren't way up, I've got to be up for him," she said of Raymond, a blond bundle of energy who enjoys dancing to Maroon 5's "Moves like Jagger," just as his sister Ayla did.

While Ayla's disappearance remains a mystery, Reynolds questions whether "mystery" is the right word.

Reynolds said police confirmed to her that DiPietro walked out of an interview when he was confronted with photos showing Ayla's blood in the basement. They also confirmed that before dialing 911 the morning that Ayla was reported missing, DiPietro called his friend, an insurance agent who wrote a life insurance policy on Ayla.

State police have declined to comment, other than to say they're not giving up. Police planned to discuss the case at a news conference Friday.

It's difficult for Reynolds to accept that Ayla may be dead, as police now believe.

In Alfred, Allen still thinks daily about her son. She wonders if he was taken by someone who wanted a child, or became a victim of a crime, or simply became lost in the woods.

She said she has a window into how Reynolds must feel.

"Don't tell me my boy is dead unless you have a body, because I don't want to go there," she said. "You don't want to give up hope."

n this Friday Dec. 7, 2012 photo, Trista Reynolds, looks through a family photo album at her home in Gorham, Maine, Her daughter, Ayla Reynolds, 2, went missing on Dec. 16, 2011, from her father's home in Waterville, Maine.

This undated photo provided by Trista Reynolds shows Ayla Reynolds, the two-year-old girl who went missing on Dec. 16, 2011 from her father's home in Waterville, Maine. With the one-year anniversary approaching, investigators still have unanswered questions for the father and others who were in the home the night the youngster was last seen. (AP Photo/Trista Reynolds)
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Caroling, candlelit walk in Waterville mark anniversary of Ayla Reynolds' disappearance

Post by raine1953 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 am

WATERVILLE -- A group of about 20 people brought holiday cheer Monday to the site of the city's most notable mystery.
Vigil organizer Karen Francis and others place candles at the base of a lawn sign, bearing a photo of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, outside 29 Violette Ave. in Waterville on Monday. Reynolds was reported missing from the home one year ago.

The event, Peace for Ayla, featured caroling and a candlelit walk along Violette Avenue -- the street where toddler Ayla Reynolds was reported missing a year earlier, on Dec. 17, 2011.

At the same time, many people's thoughts turned to Friday's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"These are not things that we want," said Kevin Morse of Waterville at Monday's vigil. "It's like the president said on TV, we've got to make changes to make sure things like this don't happen again."

The group, moving in a pack along a half-mile route up and down the quiet residential street, belted out a variety of holiday songs, including "Silent Night," "12 Days of Christmas" and "Jingle Bells."

Conrad Armandi, of Oakland, sang in a clear, confident baritone as the group paused outside 29 Violette Ave. -- the home of Ayla's grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro, where the child was last seen. He said he was impressed by the turnout, despite the cold and snowy night.

"It's very important that we don't forget," he said of Ayla's disappearance. "It's one way that we can show we care, by doing this."

Ayla's home was well-lit on the inside and out, but there was no sign of its occupants.

John and Pam Cyr, who have lived on Violette Avenue for 45 years, opened their front door to hear the music and shout merry Christmas and the chorus moved past. John Cyr said time is beginning to heal the neighborhood's wounds.

"It's getting better, but it was pretty rough for a long time. God only knows what happened to her," he said.

Cyr, who also said the Newtown incident was on his mind, praised the group's ability to "keep on with life" and embrace the Christmas spirit.

The event was organized by members of Ayla's Angels, a Facebook group with almost 3,000 followers.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father, Justin DiPietro.

No one has been named as a suspect or a person of interest. DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted.

Police say a kidnapping did not happen and they believe the three adults who saw her last -- her father, aunt Elisha DiPietro and Courtney Roberts -- are withholding information in the case.

Investigators also believe Ayla is dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.

Vigil organizer Karen Francis and others place candles at the base of a lawn sign, bearing a photo of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, outside 29 Violette Ave. in Waterville on Monday. Reynolds was reported missing from the home one year ago.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 am

I so feel for Trista. I doubt we will ever know what happened to this poor baby but I do think she is long gone, just like HaLeigh. MOO.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ayla Reynolds case: If it’s DNA, it’s probably blood, expert says

Post by raine1953 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am

WATERVILLE — When an attorney for Ayla Reynolds’ paternal family announced Friday that DNA found in the toddler’s home might not be blood, it led many to ponder two questions:

• If it isn’t blood, then what is it?

• If investigators found Ayla’s DNA, couldn’t they determine the type of substance it came from?

According to an expert forensic investigator, the list of possible substances is short and, if investigators were dealing with microscopic amounts, they could only confirm the type of substance if it was blood.

The questions were raised last week when Steve Bourget — an Augusta lawyer who represents the missing toddler’s grandmother and aunt — said police told his clients that DNA evidence found in the toddler’s basement belongs to Ayla, but it isn’t “necessarily blood,” he said.

Police haven’t commented on Bourget’s claim about the DNA evidence, but Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Wednesday that “there has been no change in any of our previous statements.”

In January, McCausland said investigators found blood belonging to the 20-month-old girl in the basement of 29 Violette Ave. — the home where the toddler reportedly was seen last. McCausland wouldn’t disclose how much blood investigators found, but said they used the chemical luminol to find it.

Melisa Staples, assistant director of the New Hampshire State Police Crime Laboratory in Concord, N.H., said DNA can be found in blood, saliva, semen, bone, hair roots and skin cells, but not much else.

DNA is also present in urine and feces, but it’s difficult for investigators to obtain evidence from those materials, Staples said. Urine contains a small amount of DNA and is difficult to find unless investigators have a large sample. Fecal matter is even less useful for investigators because its bacteria quickly destroys any DNA within the sample. Complicating matters further, urine or feces would be virtually undetectable if a crime scene was cleaned up before investigators arrived.

Blood and saliva, on the other hand, might withstand a cleanup, and the DNA within is “very stable over time, particularly in a climate that’s dry and not hot,” Staples said. “It can be stable for years and years.”

Dried saliva, however, would be difficult for investigators to find, because there aren’t chemical agents to detect its presence, she said. Investigators would almost have to find saliva by accident, she said.
Blood is much easier to find, she said. If investigators suspect the presence of blood, they can use chemical agents — such as luminol and phenolphthalein — to confirm their suspicions.

Luminol stimulates electrons within hemoglobin — a component of blood — and causes the mixture to glow. Luminol also reacts with bleach, copper, horseradish and more, so investigators at the scene often perform additional tests to confirm the presence of blood, Staples said.

One such test uses phenolphthalein — a chemical that turns color when it is mixed with other substances. Investigators will typically swab an area that is suspected to be blood, then apply phenolphthalein to the swab. If the swab turns purple, it’s most likely blood, Staples said.

Once the presence of blood is confirmed, investigators would swab a few more samples, then develop a DNA profile at the laboratory, she said.

In other words, if Ayla’s DNA sample came from blood, investigators would know it was blood, Staples said. If the DNA came from something else, such as saliva or skin cells, investigators might never know its source.

Bourget said Tuesday he didn’t know whether investigators told his clients what the substance might be, adding that he did not attend the meeting.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father, Justin DiPietro. No one has been named as a suspect or a person of interest. DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted.

Police say a kidnapping did not happen and they believe the three adults who saw her last — her father, aunt Elisha DiPietro and Courtney Roberts — are withholding information in the case.

Investigators also believe Ayla is dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Posted: 8:22 PM
Updated: 9:15 PM
Ayla Reynolds' mother frustrated with investigators
Promised meeting set for Dec. 19 cancelled, and police haven't called to reschedule, Trista Reynolds says

WATERVILLE -- The mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds said investigators canceled a meeting that was planned for last week, and she's becoming frustrated by continued delays.

Trista Reynolds talk with media during a vigil in Castonguay Square in Waterville for her missing toddler, Ayla Reynolds, in January.

Police announced the upcoming meeting during a Dec. 14 press conference, when Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said investigators would meet with Trista Reynolds "in the coming days." Reynolds said a meeting scheduled for Dec. 19 was canceled by a detective who told her it would be rescheduled later that week.

"I still haven't heard from them," Reynolds said Thursday.

McCausland, who is on vacation, didn't immediately respond to a reporter's message.

Investigators were planning to show Reynolds items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during a search of the Lockwood Dam on April 25, she said. They also planned to present her the same information that investigators shared with members of Ayla's paternal family -- father Justin DiPietro, aunt Elisha DiPietro and grandmother Phoebe DiPietro -- in October, Reynolds said.

"They've been doing this for six months," she said of the delays. "Six months ago, when all this stuff came up in the river, they told me they wanted to sit down and show things to me, and they still haven't done it. Now they're playing games with me."

"For a year I've been waiting and I've been patient. I've done everything they've asked."

Earlier this month, McCausland announced that investigators had met with the DiPietros in October.

"We wanted to give them an update, and we were very frank in the information we shared with them," McCausland said during the Dec. 14 press conference.

Steve Bourget, an attorney for Elisha and Phoebe DiPietro, confirmed that investigators had met with his clients, and said the family was shown physical evidence in the case. Bourget added that DNA evidence found in the toddler's home was a "match to Ayla, but it wasn't necessarily blood."

In January, McCausland said that Ayla's blood was found in the basement of her Violette Avenue home. Earlier this month, McCausland wouldn't respond directly to Bourget's statement but said "there has been no change in any of our previous statements." A Reynolds family member said in January police told the family it was "more than a cupful" of blood, a statement McCausland didn't dispute at the time.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father. No one has been named as a suspect. Justin DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Police say a kidnapping did not happen, and they believe the three adults who saw her last -- her father, aunt and Courtney Roberts -- are withholding information in the case.

During a search of the Kennebec River in April, investigators found undisclosed items, which Reynolds believes might be related to the case.

I feel so bad for Trista. I wish they wouldn't keep her hanging like this. If they have info, she needs to know.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Investigators to meet with Ayla Reynolds' mother

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 pm

WATERVILLE -- Investigators have rescheduled a meeting with the mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds.

Trista Reynolds said Friday that a sergeant from Maine State Police called her that morning to reschedule the appointment for next week.

Two weeks ago, police announced that investigators would meet with Reynolds "in the coming days," however Reynolds said on Thursday that the meeting was canceled by a detective, and she hadn't heard from police since.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland, who is on vacation, didn't immediately respond to a reporter's message.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011.

No arrests have been made and no one has been named as a suspect. Investigators also believe Ayla is dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I wonder if the latest post is correct or was Trista saying they cancelled the meeting? Hope I am making sense.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm

The mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds said investigators canceled a meeting that was planned for last week, and she's becoming frustrated by continued delays.

Trista Reynolds talk with media during a vigil in Castonguay Square in Waterville for her missing toddler, Ayla Reynolds, in January.

Police announced the upcoming meeting during a Dec. 14 press conference, when Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said investigators would meet with Trista Reynolds "in the coming days." Reynolds said a meeting scheduled for Dec. 19 was canceled by a detective who told her it would be rescheduled later that week.

"I still haven't heard from them," Reynolds said Thursday.

Investigators were planning to show Reynolds items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during a search of the Lockwood Dam on April 25, she said. They also planned to present her the same information that investigators shared with members of Ayla's paternal family -- father Justin DiPietro, aunt Elisha DiPietro and grandmother Phoebe DiPietro -- in October, Reynolds said.

"They've been doing this for six months," she said of the delays. "Six months ago, when all this stuff came up in the river, they told me they wanted to sit down and show things to me, and they still haven't done it. Now they're playing games with me."

"For a year I've been waiting and I've been patient. I've done everything they've asked."

Earlier this month, McCausland announced that investigators had met with the DiPietros in October.

"We wanted to give them an update, and we were very frank in the information we shared with them," McCausland said during the Dec. 14 press conference.

Steve Bourget, an attorney for Elisha and Phoebe DiPietro, confirmed that investigators had met with his clients, and said the family was shown physical evidence in the case. Bourget added that DNA evidence found in the toddler's home was a "match to Ayla, but it wasn't necessarily blood."

In January, McCausland said that Ayla's blood was found in the basement of her Violette Avenue home. Earlier this month, McCausland wouldn't respond directly to Bourget's statement but said "there has been no change in any of our previous statements." A Reynolds family member said in January police told the family it was "more than a cupful" of blood, a statement McCausland didn't dispute at the time.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father. No one has been named as a suspect. Justin DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Police say a kidnapping did not happen, and they believe the three adults who saw her last -- her father, aunt and Courtney Roberts -- are withholding information in the case.

During a search of the Kennebec River in April, investigators found undisclosed items, which Reynolds believes might be related to the case.

I feel so bad for Trista. I wish they wouldn't keep her hanging like this. If they have info, she needs to know.
What I think happened is Trista has had meetings with LE cancelled on her and it happened again, she went to the press and on Friday I bet LE got back with her and scheduled another meeting that day.
And what's up with LE meeting with the DiPietros, showing them what was found by the river but they haven't bothered to inform Trista? The police themselves admit they think the DiPietros and that Reynolds female are keeping information to themselves. It seems to me that they sure don't regard Trista as anyone they think they have to inform! I feel terrible for her too! MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I agree. I don't understand why they tell her they w/meet w/her and then postpone or re-schedule yet, they've met w/the DiPietros who they suspect..makes no sense. The ONLY explanation I can think of is they are going to make an arrest and they don't want Trista to know about it. At least, I would LOVE it if that's the explanation.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Me too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Somehow, I doubt it. I doubt there w/ever be an arrest. MOO.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Investigators meet with missing toddler Ayla Reynolds' mother on Thursday. 'We gave her specifics that we felt a mother should know,' state police spokesman says

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Yesterday at 8:53 PM

By Ben McCanna [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Staff Writer

Investigators met with Trista Reynolds, the mother of Ayla Reynolds, on Thursday for a review of the investigation into the toddler's disappearance, said Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland.

"I'm not getting into specifics, but we shared the status of the case with Trista, as we had with the relatives from Waterville," he said Friday.

Reynolds did not respond to a reporter's requests for an interview this week, but she has said that investigators planned to show her evidence that has been gathered over the past year since the child disappeared, along with items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during searches near the Lockwood Dam by state police last spring.

In October, investigators met with members of Ayla's paternal family from Waterville -- father Justin DiPietro, aunt Elisha DiPietro and grandmother Phoebe DiPietro.

An attorney for Phoebe and Elisha DiPietro has said the October meeting included an update of the investigation and a review of the physical evidence that has been collected.

McCausland, during a press conference last month, described the October meeting as a frank conversation with the paternal family. McCausland on Friday wouldn't characterize the tone of this week's meeting with Reynolds.

"We gave her specifics that we felt a mother should know," he said.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Police to relatives: Evidence exists Ayla Reynolds is not alive. In a January meeting with family members, investigators reveal 'unequivocal evidence' Ayla is dead; photographs show items found in the Kennebec River

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm

8:10 PM
By Ben McCanna [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Staff Writer

WATERVILLE -- The maternal family of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds has broken its silence regarding a January meeting with investigators.

On Sunday, Ayla's step-grandfather posted a brief summary of the meeting on his website, saying that investigators told Trista Reynolds that there is "unequivocal evidence" that her daughter Ayla is dead. Police, however, won't confirm the claim.

Jeff Hanson, the step-grandfather and webmaster for aylareynolds.com, also wrote that investigators shared photographs of items that were found in the Kennebec River during searches by state police last spring, but "Trista could not identify the items as Ayla's."

Reynolds, a Gorham resident, said he was asked by investigators to withhold additional details from the meeting because it could jeopardize the case, according to the website.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said he had "no reaction" to the website's claims, adding that the information shared during that meeting "is between us and her."

"I'm not going to get into specifics other than to repeat what I've said: We think it's unlikely (Ayla) is still alive," he said.

Investigators met with Reynolds on Jan. 3 for a review of the investigation into the toddler's disappearance, McCausland said. Reynolds did not respond to a request for comment, but in December she said investigators were planning to show her evidence that had been gathered, including items that were recovered during searches near the Lockwood Dam.

A similar meeting took place in October, when investigators met with members of Ayla's paternal family from Waterville: father, Justin DiPietro, aunt, Elisha DiPietro and grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro.

Steve Bourget, an attorney for Phoebe and Elisha DiPietro, has said the October meeting included an update of the investigation and a review of the physical evidence that has been collected. The family was told that DNA discovered in the basement of the Violette Avenue home belonged to Ayla, but it wasn't necessarily blood, Bourget said.

McCausland, during a press conference in December, described the October meeting with the paternal family as a frank conversation. In January, McCausland wouldn't characterize the tone of the meeting with Trista Reynolds other than to say investigators "gave her specifics that we felt a mother should know," he said.

Investigators have not had a similar meeting with Courtney Roberts -- a Portland woman who was at the Violette Avenue home the night before Ayla was reported missing. The meetings were only for Ayla's family members, McCausland said.

McCausland said the case is still open and active, but there have been no new developments. State police continue to receive some tips in the case, but the numbers have "declined greatly."

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father. No one has been named as a suspect. Justin DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Police say a kidnapping did not happen and they believe the three adults who saw her last -- her father, aunt and Roberts -- are withholding information in the case.

Since Ayla's disappearance, Hanson has reported some information through his websites, including the discovery of Ayla's DNA in the basement, which was later verified by McCausland.

In May, McCausland announced that investigators believe Ayla is likely dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ayla Reynolds Died in Father's House, Family Says

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm

By Carol Bengle Gilbert | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 5 hrs ago

Ayla Reynolds, the 20-month-old reported missing from Waterville, Maine, in December 2011 is dead, her step-grandfather Jeff Hanson reported on a family website. Maine State Police said in May they didn't expect to find Ayla alive, but this latest revelation says in January police shared with Trista Reynolds, Ayla's mother, "unequivocal evidence" supporting their conclusion Ayla is no longer alive.

Hanson noted on a blog devoted to the missing toddler, where he writes under the moniker "Answers for Ayla," "The simple fact is that Ayla lost her life in the Dipietro's house (sic) and I am only interested in the justice of bringing Ayla home."

Police previously confirmed Ayla's blood was found in the Waterville house where Ayla was living with her father, Justin DiPietro, and other relatives for eight weeks preceding her reported disappearance. The Reynolds family said in early 2012 police told them the amount was more than a cupful. The blood was found adjacent to DiPietro's bed, they said.

DiPietro acknowledged the blood find in March, but he denied Ayla died in his house. "It is a fact that her blood was found in my house. Yes, it is a fact that she broke her arm in my house. But, it is not a fact that any of it was intentional," DiPietro told the Morning Sentinel. "My daughter did not come to her demise down in my house. Nothing bad ever happened to my daughter in my house."

Followers of the United for Ayla blog expressed sorrow after reading Hanson's post.

"My heart is broken. I have no words," blogger and frequent commenter Mountain Mama posted. Others offered prayer and determination that Ayla's case be brought to justice. The latter sentiment is one inherent in the blog's existence. United for Ayla was created from two blogs, one formerly known as Justice for Ayla and the other as Answers for Ayla.

Hanson's latest post leaves unclear the status of the first of two sets of items found in the Lockwood dam during searches for evidence in the case. Reynolds announced last year police determined the second set of items recovered were unrelated to Ayla. She told the Morning Sentinel in December she'd been waiting since April for investigators to follow through on a promise to show her the first set of items recovered there. On May 31, Hanson said in emails the dam items and the blood underlay investigators' announcement they did not expect to find Ayla alive. When investigators finally showed Trista the items from the dam in January, Reynolds couldn't identify them, Hanson posted. But the post leaves open whether investigators may have linked the items to Ayla using other means or determined they are unrelated to the case.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ayla Reynolds’ Father Took 2-Hour Road Trip Before Reporting Her Missing

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:19 pm

By Carol Bengle Gilbert | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 5 hrs ago

Missing toddler Ayla Reynolds' step-grandfather, Jeff Hanson, offered startling new revelations concerning her reported disappearance in an e-mail exchange Tuesday. Acting as family spokesperson, Hanson wants to share with the public some of the information Trista Reynolds, the baby's mother, learned from conversations with Maine State Police investigators. Among that information, Ayla's father, Justin DiPietro, took a 160-mile drive before dialing 911.

Where Did DiPietro Go?
At 8:41 a.m. Dec. 17, 2011, DiPietro dialed 911, reporting Ayla missing from her bed in his mother's Waterville home. A family friend, Angela Harry, claims to have told Justin's version of events at a now-removed blog post, preserved on a statement analysis website. The discovery Ayla was gone occurred about 8:30, Harry wrote. In the corrected version of the story, she said DiPietro's sister, Elisha, told his girlfriend Courtney Roberts, who'd spent the night with DiPietro, that Ayla was missing, and Roberts went downstairs to tell DiPietro.

What Hanson says investigators told Reynolds happened that morning conflicts with the version of events published by Harry. Before making that 911 call, DiPietro allegedly took a trip of approximately 160 miles, to Portland and back.

"He told police he drove to Portland because he thought Trista had taken Ayla," Hanson said. But not only was Trista living in South Portland rather than Portland, DiPietro did not contact her or any of her family that morning.

Both DiPietro and Roberts rented apartments in Portland, but Hanson did not know if one of those apartments was DiPietro's destination. He said investigators are considering the possibility the trip's purpose was disposal of Ayla's body.

Before calling 911 that morning, DiPietro also called his longtime friend, Derek Tudela, in Winslow, Hanson says investigators told Trista. Tudela had sold DiPietro insurance on Ayla's life less than eight weeks earlier. Tudela is also the last publicly identified, non-family witness claiming to have seen Ayla at the DiPietro house Dec. 16. Roberts has not said publicly whether or not she saw Ayla when she stayed at the house that night.

What Police Found in the Diversion Channel
Police searching for evidence in the case found two items in the diversion channel near Hathaway Arts Center. Hanson, blogging as "Answers for Ayla," identified those items on the blog United4Ayla Tuesday as two blankets, about the size for a single bed. One had a pink and brown checkered pattern, and the other was white with blue angels and the words "God Bless." The latter blanket style is associated with baby gifts.
Trista did not recognize the blankets, Hanson noted. Justin allegedly offered no response when investigators showed him the blankets.

Maine State Police public information officer Stephen McCausland did not respond to an email requesting confirmation of Hanson's report by press time. Justin DiPietro could not be reached as his telephone number apparently is not listed in a public directory.

Why Now?
Trista Reynolds' last sit-down with investigators occurred in January when, according to AylaReynolds.com , investigators shared "unequivocal evidence" Ayla died in DiPietro's house. Hanson explained, "I put off posting the information on Ayla's site for more than a month because we had our closure. I came to decide that the people who have been fighting for Ayla from the beginning also deserved to know the truth."

Hanson is realistic about potential reaction to his words, after experiencing a year of blogosphere reactions ranging from fully supportive to hostile.

"I realize that people are going to believe what they want," he said, "and it is not in me to convince them otherwise as we are only interested in the justice of bringing Ayla home now."

WHY hasn't DiPietro been arrested???? This reminds me of Josh Powell.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

I just read this exact article and came here to post it and you just did it! Great minds......
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Yup!! flowerpower

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Missing Baby Ayla Reynolds' Father Allegedly Took a 2-Hour Trip Before Reporting Her Missing

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on February 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Toddler Ayla Reynolds went missing over a year ago, and since then, things have gotten more complex and bizarre. Recently, Ayla's mother's stepfather said on a website dedicated to finding the little girl that the state had "unequivocable" evidence that Ayla is not alive. The family withdrew the $30,000 reward offered for information leading to her return. But police aren't saying anything. And Ayla's step-grandfather, Jeff Hanson, says the family can't speak more because they might jeopardize the case. Now comes some new, shocking, information. Reportedly, Ayla's father, Justin DiPietro, took a two-hour drive before reporting his daughter missing.

Ayla's father discovered the toddler missing from her bed in his mother's home. Step-grandfather Jeff Hanson says that according to state investigators, DiPietro allegedly took a trip of 160 miles, to Portland, Maine, and then back, before calling 911.

Reportedly, DiPietro told police that he drove to Portland because he thought that Ayla's mother, Trisha, had taken Ayla. However, Hanson says police say that DiPietro drove to Portland, not South Portland, where Trisha was living. Nor did he contact her or any of her family that morning.

Hanson claims that investigators are looking into whether DiPietro really used the trip to dispose of Ayla's body. According to Hanson, police told the family that Ayla died in DiPietro's house. If true, why no arrest yet? If police don't yet have enough evidence, then why is the family talking to the media and public?

Could DiPietro have immediately driven to Portland because he thought Trisha had kidnapped the baby? Could he have not wanted to alert her family that he was coming to retrieve her? Could he have not known exactly where she lived? All of that could make sense since Trisha had been forced to give up custody of Ayla. But Trisha has also said that DiPietro took out life insurance on Ayla before her death. True? Not true?

What a big mess. Why is this case taking so long to find answers?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

No, he drove to Portland to dispose of the body. That way, if it were found, it would be in Trisha's neck of the woods, not his. Geez, who's working on this case, the Keystone Kops?
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:26 pm

I couldn't agree more Lilone! Those good ole' boys aren't acting intelligent at all, I sure wish another agency could come in and take over! Trisha 's Dad must really be ticking off the good ole' boys but I sure as heck don't blame him, nothing is happening!!!!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm

cryingagain

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm

7:19 PM
Activists seek tourists' help in finding Ayla Reynolds
Organizers sent posters on Friday to state parks, town offices, campgrounds, Acadia National Park, fish and game associations, bait shops and other tourism hotspots
By Kaitlin Schroeder [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Staff Writer

WATERVILLE — A group of activists hoping to find missing toddler Ayla Reynolds is seeking to enlist tourists into the search effort.

John Pomerleau, site administrator for United for Ayla, said members of the online group dedicated to finding the girl are hoping to enlist tourists through an effort dubbed "Tourists for Ayla" in the same way they enlisted hunters in October to search for clues to her whereabouts.

Organizers are sending out posters with Ayla's photo and information to businesses and outdoor recreation hot spots. He said tourists often hike and boat in remote locations, and if made aware of the missing toddler, they might spot something important to the search.

He said if people believe she is dead then they should be checking the woods and riverbanks for articles of clothing or signs of a body, and if they believe she was kidnapped then there is a need for the public to see her photo so they can recognize her if they spot her.

Pomerleau said the organizers sent posters on Friday to every state park and to town offices, campgrounds, Acadia National Park, fish and game associations, bait shops and anywhere else they think might get tourist foot traffic.

Pomerleau, who grew up in Lewiston but now lives in Virginia, said organizers had 500 posters professionally printed in Ohio by the sister of "Mountain Mama," which is the user name of the other site administrator who lives in Maine. Half were shipped to him and half were shipped to her.

He said they've sent out around 450 posters so far. They also have a poster template posted on the website and are encouraging people to print their own and distribute them.

Laurie Bingham, 47, of Waterville, said Monday she received the 15 posters she requested and is also planning to print more copies to distribute.

She said it feels like awareness about the missing toddler has declined and she hopes Tourists for Ayla will change that.

"Sometimes with so much going on we forget that there's a missing little girl and no answers," she said.

Bingham has been involved with United for Ayla search efforts for more than a year.

"It's scary to think somehow someone is getting away with this for so long," she said.

It's important for her, she said, to promote awareness so Ayla's family does not become one of the families that never know what happened to their missing child.

Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Friday that there are no new developments in the case and the investigation is still active.

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father, Justin DiPietro. No one has been named as a suspect.

Justin DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Police say a kidnapping did not happen, and they believe the three adults who saw her last — her father, aunt Elisha DiPietro and Courtney Roberts — are withholding information in the case.

Investigators also believe Ayla is dead.

State police are asking anyone with information about Ayla to call them at 624-7076.

The United for Ayla website is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Grandfather of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds arrested for issuing threat, police say

Post by raine1953 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 pm

PORTLAND, Maine — A Portland man who is the grandfather of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds was recently arrested after threatening family members with a knife, police said.

Ronald Reynolds, 53, is accused of one count of criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, according to Portland Police Chief Mike Sauschuck.

Reynolds confronted the family member with a knife during a domestic dispute Friday, May 31, the police chief said.

When police were called to the scene, Reynolds was not cooperative and had to be subdued with a Taser, Sauschuck said. He was brought to the Cumberland County Jail and later released on bail.

Reynolds’ granddaughter has been missing since December 2011 and is presumed dead.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:05 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Justin DiPietro late to court, enters not guilty plea in assault case. Father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds charged with domestic violence assault

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:22 am

UPDATED 7:05 PM EDT Jul 25, 2013

PORTLAND, Maine —Justin DiPietro pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday after showing up late for his court appearance on domestic violence assault charges.

A judge initially issued an arrest warrant for DiPietro, but he eventually showed up and entered the not guilty plea.

The judge set DiPietro's bail at $300 and ordered him to have no contact with Roberts.

WMTW News 8’s Paul Merrill spoke with DiPietro by phone on Thursday. He was more interested in avoiding questions than answering them.

When asked what slowed him down Thursday morning in getting to court DiPietro responded, “Nothing slowed me down. I was right where I needed to be.”

He wouldn’t answer questions about the assault charge from July 6 when a Portland police lieutenant reported seeing DiPietro push and grab his one-time girlfriend, Courtney Roberts, on Spring Street.

"I told the court everything that I needed to tell the court,” DiPietro said.

DiPietro’s daughter, Ayla Reynolds, was reported missing from his Waterville home on Dec. 17, 2011.

Police have never charged anyone with a crime or named any suspects but investigators have said they believe Ayla is no longer alive and that the people – including DiPietro – who were inside his home where she was last seen have been holding back information.

Merrill asked, “State police say you know more about Ayla's disappearance than you're telling them."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds reveals secret evidence

Post by raine1953 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:04 pm

(CNN) -- As she approaches the two-year anniversary of her daughter Ayla's disappearance, Trista Reynolds is getting more and more frustrated that the case remains unsolved.
The Maine mother is so aggravated with investigators and the lack of apparent movement in the case, she is revealing some evidence, never before publicly shared, that Reynolds says police disclosed to her about a year after Ayla went missing from her father's home in December 2011.
Reynolds said authorities showed her photographic evidence of 20-month-old Ayla's blood and saliva allegedly on the shoes of her father, Justin DiPietro, and inside his vehicle, according to her stepgrandfather, Jeff Hanson.
Reynolds first disclosed the alleged additional blood evidence to CNN affiliate WCSH.
"It was very difficult for her to see it," Hanson told CNN.
Some of the blood, Reynolds said, was mixed with saliva, indicating Ayla may have suffered internally, she told WCSH.

She says she was also shown photographs of blood discovered in the basement of the home of Ayla's grandmother, where the toddler was temporarily living with the father.
"With what was shown to me, I don't see how any little child can survive after that," Reynolds told the TV station. "All I can picture when I close my eyes is the blood that I saw."
In January 2012, investigators announced Ayla's blood had been discovered in the basement of the home DiPietro shared with his mother, but they offered nothing more specific. They described the amount as "more than a small cut would produce," Maine State Police spokesman Steve McCausland said.

At the time, they also said some blood was visible only by using a chemical called Luminol.
In May 2012, authorities said they suspect the toddler is dead.
"We think it's highly unlikely that Ayla Reynolds will be found alive," McCausland said.
To this day, police say Ayla was not abducted, but they won't explain why, other than indicating their search of the house and other evidence leads them to that conclusion.
Officially, Ayla's disappearance is considered a missing-person case. However, police have said "foul play" was involved.
The people home the night Ayla disappeared were DiPietro, his girlfriend, and DiPietro's sister, according to investigators. DiPietro said it was 8 p.m. when he put his daughter to bed, and 9 a.m. when he called police to report her missing, according to both his mother and police.
Ayla's mother and DiPietro are not married and don't live together.
"No one has been eliminated as a suspect," McCausland told CNN. Police have been careful not to name anyone a suspect and have warned against speculation.
Yet investigators have said they don't think Ayla's father and the other two women in the house that night have been totally forthcoming.
"They were the adults and they were there, and they may have answers," McCausland said. "Justin was the father (and) we believe he knows more than he has told us."
Trista Reynolds told WCSH she doesn't believe there is evidence DiPietro killed their daughter, but added, "In my eyes, by him letting it go so long and not getting that help, yeah, he killed her."
CNN was unable to reach DiPietro or his family's lawyer but did speak with his mother, Phoebe DiPietro, Ayla's paternal grandmother.
She declined comment on Reynolds' revelations about alleged additional blood.
She stands by her son.
"I love my son, and I support him 100%," Phoebe DiPietro said Wednesday. Despite the largest criminal investigation in Maine's history -- one that includes more than 1,100 leads -- and repeated land and water searches near DiPietro's Waterville home, no trace of Ayla has been found.
The investigation remains "full and active" and more searches are expected, McCausland said.
Ayla's parents and extended family want more to be done by authorities.
"I honestly believe that if it was their daughter or their child, their family, I believe the case would be solved," Reynolds told WCSH.
Neither police nor the Maine attorney general's office will comment on what Ayla's mother said about her daughter's alleged additional blood evidence.
What they will say is there isn't enough evidence to make an arrest
"We make our charging decisions on the basis of the evidence and never on the basis of public pressure or public demand," Assistant Attorney General William Stokes said Wednesday.
"We understand certainly the frustration that families feel in circumstance like these, but there are professional standards we must abide by for all of us, based not on emotion or feeling, but evidence-based."
Reynolds isn't through making disclosures, according to Hanson. He said Ayla's mother plans to post additional alleged evidence provided to her by investigators on September 24 on her website, aylareynolds.com.
Ayla's paternal grandmother would like to see someone provide age-progression photos of Ayla.
She said she and Ayla's father believe the toddler is alive and that someone knows what happened to her.
"Why is it so far-fetched that people can't believe my granddaughter can be out there?" Phoebe DiPietro said.
"We need the public to be looking for her ... for someone to step forward and let us know where she is."
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Of course the blood evidence makes me also wonder why an arrest hasn't happened. The fact that it can only be seen with Luminol is proof that someone tried to clean it away.

Very sad...

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:54 pm

EXACTLY!!!! I hope Trista just lets it all hang out now..2 years is Too damned long!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Must see!! She w/be revealing more Sept 24th..Lovely, heart wrenching website that I know we've posted before but am bumping it.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Missing toddler's mom calls for arrests, citing new details of purported evidence

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 pm

By Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt, CNN
updated 9:14 AM EDT, Wed September 25, 2013

ce: Ayla's blood found in home

(CNN) -- The mother of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Tuesday disclosed new details about purported blood evidence discovered in the home where the 20-month-old was reported missing December 17, 2011.
Trista Reynolds told CNN that police shared the information with her in confidence last January, but in revealing details of that information now, she says she felt it was time "to let the world know" about it.
"What I thought right off my head was it was a murder scene," Reynolds told CNN in a network exclusive interview, referring to police photographs.
"There was just like Ayla's blood ... everywhere," she added.
Reynolds told CNN she was shown photographs of what appeared to be her daughter's blood discovered on the child's slippers and on a doll in her bedroom, and a silver-dollar-sized stain on a living room sofa.

yla mystery deepens

In the basement, where Ayla's father, Justin DiPietro, slept, Reynolds says police allegedly found more of Ayla's blood and on the walls, the floor, in a "fist-sized stain" on the mattress and sheets, on the tongue of DiPietro's sneakers and on a wood pallet leaning against a wall.
An additional spot of what appeared to be Ayla's blood was found on a child's car seat in DiPietro's vehicle.
Reynolds police showed her some photographs of purported blood stains visible in the photos only because of chemical called luminal.
She said those images in particular were so disturbing, she could bear to see only a few.
"I had to actually... I shut it off. I asked them to stop. And there were three or four more pictures that they wanted to show me, and I just...I...I couldn't," she told CNN, her voice trailing off.
Publicly, Maine State Police investigators said in January 2012, that they had identified Ayla's blood in the basement, describing it as "more...than a small cut would produce."
According to Ayla's mother, she is making the disclosures in frustration that her daughter hasn't been found, and she wants three adults who were in the home when Ayla vanished -- the child's father, his girlfriend, and his sister -- arrested.
Reynolds posted details of the information police shared with her on her website devoted to her missing daughter.
"All three of those people were in that house that night ... all three of them know what happened to Ayla, and all three of them should be prosecuted for it," Reynolds told CNN.
DiPietro and his family maintain Ayla was abducted.
Police say there is no evidence of an abduction from the house, which belongs to DiPietro's mother. They've also said they don't think Ayla will be found alive.
Over time, authorities have repeatedly said they believe there was foul play and that the adults who were home that night haven't told everything they know. "I've said it in the past, their versions don't pass the 'straight-face test.' That statement stands," Maine State Police spokesman Steve McCausland recently told CNN.
DiPietro's mother and Ayla's grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro, stands by her son.
"Everyone's standards for what is or isn't believable is different," DiPietro said.
She wouldn't comment on the alleged blood evidence.
"Trista can say and do what she wants," Phoebe DiPietro wrote in a statement provided to CNN.
"We choose to hold on to hope that Ayla will be found, " she added.
McCausland said because of the ongoing investigation, which he describes as the biggest in state history, he won't comment one way or another on Trista Reynolds's disclosures including whether they're accurate or could adversely impact the investigation.
"We understand her frustration. Trista has a right to be frustrated. She is Ayla's mom. At times during the past 21 months we're frustrated too," McCausland explained, "but we remember who we are working for. And we're working for Ayla. And that reinvigorates the investigative team."
Organized by supporters of Ayla's mother, an online petition drive has been mounted urging Maine Attorney General Janet Mills to arrest Ayla's father, his sister, and girlfriend in connection with the toddler's disappearance.
But Deputy Attorney General William Stokes said that is not how investigations are conducted.
"To allow this type of pressure to influence either the investigation or prosecution undermines the integrity of the investigation or any prosecutor's decision in the future, " Stokes tells CNN. "It simply cannot happen."
items that might be linked to the case recovered.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Ayla Reynolds 911 call transcript released

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 pm

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 03, 2014, at 5:15 p.m.
Last modified Feb. 03, 2014, at 6:48 p.m.

WATERVILLE, Maine — The Maine State Police have released the transcript of the 911 call placed the morning 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was reported missing more than two years ago.

The transcript shows Justin DiPietro called 911 at 8:49 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011, to report the toddler was missing and that he said his sister and her daughter and his girlfriend and her son were also in the house.

He then told a dispatcher that he last saw his daughter at 8 p.m. the previous night, when he put her to bed. He said his sister said that the toddler was in her room when she checked on her at 10 p.m.

DiPietro said there was no way Ayla could have climbed out of her crib.

Over the past two years, pieces of evidence related to the investigation have been revealed to the public and anger over the absence of any arrests has grown, drawing national attention.

During a demonstration last month in Waterville, about 30 protesters demanded that the Maine State Police make arrests in the case.

“I want closure,” Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, 25, told reporters at that time. “I want answers. I want to see arrests made.”

Ayla Reynolds’ father, Justin DiPietro, reported his daughter missing on Dec. 17, 2011, telling police that she disappeared during the night. The Maine State Police launched the largest missing person search in the state’s history, but the child has not been found and no one has been charged in the case.

Since Ayla’s disappearance and the subsequent missing person search, investigators have told reporters that they have ruled out the possibility that the child was abducted, that they believe her disappearance was a result of foul play and that they believe DiPietro and two other adults who were in the home at the time of Ayla’s disappearance are not being truthful with police.

Last September, Trista Reynolds told reporters that police investigators had shown her photos of blood in the apartment where Ayla was last seen. She has since made an effort to draw the public’s attention to the case as a way to put pressure on police to press charges.

The five-page transcript was released in two parts because the initial 911 call was cut off when DiPietro’s cellphone lost its charge.

PDF: Ayla Reynolds 911 call transcript, part 1

PDF: Ayla Reynolds 911 call transcript, part 2

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Alya Reynolds mother wants charges against girl's dad. Ayla Reynolds disappeared in 2011; presumed dead.

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am

Published 8:12 AM EDT Mar 31, 2014

The mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds has asked the county attorney to bring child endangerment charges against the girl's father.

In a March 24 letter to the Morning Sentinel, Trista Reynolds says Ayla was in Justin DiPietro's care when he reported her missing on Dec. 17, 2011. Investigators found blood inside the home, and have concluded the child is no longer alive and was a victim of foul play.

She has asked the county prosecutor to bring child endangerment charges against DiPietro before the statute of limitations runs out in nine months.

The county prosecutor says her office has no jurisdiction over the case since it was transferred to the attorney general's office.

The deputy attorney general told the newspaper that he cannot discuss any possible charges in the case.

Like HaLeigh, Brittany Wood, Brittany Drexel, Lisa Irwin and so many others..these kids will NEVER be found. Everyone knows this excuse for a 'father' did something to his daughter and the blood found seals the deal. I w/never understand WHY this idiot has not been arrested.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:27 am

I completely agree Wrap!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal 3 Years Later: No Charges in Ayla Reynolds Case

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 pm

By David Sharp, The Associated Press

PORTLAND, Maine — The clock is ticking on some of the charges the mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds wants brought in her case.

The statute of limitations on lesser charges like child endangerment expires in a matter of weeks, on the third anniversary of Ayla's disappearance.

Ayla was 20 months old when she was reported missing by her father on Dec. 17, 2011, in Waterville.

Police say the father and others know more than what they're telling investigators. He couldn't be reached for comment.

Ayla's mother Trista Reynolds says homicide charges should be filed. She says she remains such a case will be brought but says she doesn't see it happening "anytime soon." (Note: this paragraph doesn't make sense)...

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:42 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum