A 29-year-old California woman, Ka Yang, is accused of microwaving her 6-week-old daughter to death. KCRA-TV's Gulstan Dart reports/No DP in this horrific case!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal A 29-year-old California woman, Ka Yang, is accused of microwaving her 6-week-old daughter to death. KCRA-TV's Gulstan Dart reports/No DP in this horrific case!!

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sacramento police have arrested a mother after an investigation found her baby likely died from burns suffered in a microwave oven.

Ka Yang, who is 29, is being held without bail in Sacramento County Jail. She was arrested Tuesday, three months after her 6-week-old daughter was found dead in the family home.
Yang has been charged with homicide, NBC station KCRA TV reported.

Police described the child as suffering "extensive thermal injuries."

Officer Laura Peck said investigators pinpointed what they believe is the cause of death by looking for other cases involving similar injuries.

They found three in the U.S., all after children were burned in a microwave.
Fourth-degree burns

Among them was a case involving Dayton, Ohio, woman convicted this year of baking her baby in a microwave. The two other cases were in Galveston, Texas; and New Kent County, Va.

Sacramento County coroner's spokesman Ed Smith told the Sacramento Bee newspaper that the infant's fourth-degree burns were among the worst investigators there had seen.
"The child was apparently killed by the burning of the tissue," Smith told the Bee. "I don't know if they can say how long baby was in the microwave."

Peck says police do not have a motive. No attorney was listed for Yang.

Police said Yang has three other young children, all boys ages 7 and younger. They have been removed from her home.

Last month, an Ohio woman convicted of killing her month-old baby daughter in a microwave oven was spared the death penalty and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

China Arnold, 31, of Dayton, was convicted of aggravated murder. Prosecutors say Arnold intentionally put 28-day-old Paris Talley in a microwave and turned it on after a fight with her boyfriend. The couple had argued over whether the boyfriend was the infant's biological father.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: A 29-year-old California woman, Ka Yang, is accused of microwaving her 6-week-old daughter to death. KCRA-TV's Gulstan Dart reports/No DP in this horrific case!!

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: A 29-year-old California woman, Ka Yang, is accused of microwaving her 6-week-old daughter to death. KCRA-TV's Gulstan Dart reports/No DP in this horrific case!!

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Sacramento woman arrested for allegedly killing her baby in microwave

In what police say is an extremely rare and disturbing case, a Sacramento woman was arrested March 2011 in the morning for allegedly killing her 6-week-old daughter in March by placing her in a microwave oven.

Ka Yang, 29, was arrested at her Sacramento home and charged with homicide after a three-month investigation into what caused unusual burns on the child, Mirabelle Thao-Lo, who was found dead on the afternoon of March 17.

Sacramento police spokeswoman Laura Peck said there have been only three previous cases involving a child being burned in a microwave, and that detectives studied those cases and consulted with medical experts and pathologists before making the arrest.

"It was a lengthy investigation to determine how these burns occurred," Peck said. "When the officers arrived on scene they immediately saw there were unexplained injuries because of the burns. That led to this very lengthy, involved investigation to determine how these unusual and rare injuries occurred."

The infant's fourth-degree burns were among the worst investigators at the Sacramento County Coroner's Office had seen, coroner's spokesman Ed Smith said.

"The child was apparently killed by the burning of the tissue," Smith said. "I don't know if they can say how long baby was in the microwave."

Yang has three other children, all boys ages 7 and younger, and they were removed from the home that day, police said.

The mother remained under suspicion while detectives studied previous cases in Texas, Virginia and Ohio.

Peck said the Texas case involved a Galveston child who survived being placed inside a microwave. A second case in Dayton, Ohio, involved the 2005 death of a 4-week-old baby and resulted in a guilty verdict and life sentence last month for the baby's mother.

The 1999 death of a 1-month-old Virginia baby resulted in a five-year sentence for the mother.

Peck said the rarity of such cases contributed to the length of time between Mirabelle's death and today's arrest.

"That's why it took so long," she said. "Normally, we make an arrest within a few days. But in a situation like this where we had to do so much analysis, it took some time for us to piece together."

Jail records show Yang is still in the process of being booked on charges of murder and assault resulting in the death of a child under 8.

----------

Sacramento police studied three other known cases of babies being burned inside microwaves before today's arrest of Ka Yang, including:

-- The September 1999 death of 1-month-old Joseph Lewis Martinez in New Kent County, Va. The baby was found in the oven and his mother, Elizabeth Renee Otte, told authorities she became confused during an epileptic seizure and placed the boy in the microwave instead of a bottle of milk. She was charged with murder and in 2000 pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to five years.

-- The August 2005 death of 4-week-old Paris Talley in Dayton, Ohio. Talley's mother, China Arnold, stood trial three times before her conviction last month on charges of aggravated murder. The jury in the case recommended a life sentence.

-- The May 2007 injury of 2-month-old Ana Mauldin, who suffered burns on her left ear and arm after being palced inside a microwave oven for about 10 seconds in a Galveston, Texas, motel. The girl's father, Joshua Mauldin, originally told authorities the child had been injured through by sunburn or scalding water. He was convicted in 2008 of injuring a child and sentenced to 25 years.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal OMG, she is Pregnant again?????

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Ka Yang and her family are calling for the Hmong Community for supports
Friday, 09 December 2011 10:01
By Richard Wanglue

Milwaukee, WI --- Ka Yang who was arrested for microwaving her baby to death back on June 11, 2011 and her parent are calling for the Hmong community for financial support to get her case moving in court. Ka has medical issue “seizure” that plays important part for the case.

Click here to watch Ka Yang’s parent talked about Ka and calling for the Hmong community for financial support. (Is not in English)

Click here to watch Ka Yang’s defend lawyer talked about the case

Click here to watch Paochoua Thao, a Hmong Activist in the Central Valley, talked about the reasons Hmong communities should support the case (Not in English.)

The interviewed hosted by Qu Kue, Anchor for Hmong TV Satellite.

Suab Hmong Broadcasting (SHIBC) and Hmong Report (HR) are broadcasting partnership to bring you what are happening in the Hmong community around the world. Visit Hmong Report at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can follow our latest development news at facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well.

If you have any questions regarding this article, contact Richard Wanglue at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Ka Yang nuked her newborn

I see warning labels on products and think, “how f\'ing sad that someone had to have tried this for them to put this warning here.” My blow-dryer has a tag on the cord that tells you not to use it in the shower. Who in the f**k is going to blow-dry their hair while taking a shower? My Iron has a warning that says not to iron clothes on you body. DUH!! Hell, I’ve even seen super hero costumes at Halloween time that have warnings that say that the costume will not make you fly! Again, this implies that someone actually TRIED to f\'ing fly because they were wearing a damn Superman costume. So how come manufacturers of microwaves haven’t put a warning against microwaving babies on their products? I mean, especially after China Arnold…. Not that a warning would have stopped 29-year-old Ka Yang from pulling a China Arnold, but you can see where there is some use for a warning label.

On March 17th, paramedics were called to a home where they found a severely burned infant. The infant was 6-month-old Mirabelle Thao-Lo, Yangs daughter. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Yang claimed that she blacked out after she suffered a seizure while holding her daughter as she sat at her computer. When she woke up, she was on the floor and her daughter was injured. *cough* bullshit *cough* It seems that police weren’t buying this “account” of the events with all of Yang’s inconsistencies. That’s when she changed her tune. Still using the seizure story, she began claiming that she might also have a split personality.

Police believed that little Mirabelle had extensive thermal burns as a result of being put into a microwave. At least her injuries were consistent with other cases involving children being placed in microwaves (which is where the warning label comes in handy).

Yang is being held without bail at Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of murder and assault resulting in the death of a child under 8. I can already smell the bat shit crazy defense coming.

Yang’s remaining 3 children are all living with relatives.

Back to my warning label theory: In 1999, Elizabeth Renee Otte put her 1-month-old son in a microwave, killing him. In 2005, China Arnold murdered her 28-day-old daughter, Paris Talley, in a microwave. In 2008, Joshua Mauldin put his 2-month-old daughter in a hotel microwave because the Devil told him to do it. She actually survived the ordeal, but was left with second and third degree burns, part of her left ear had to be amputated and she required several skin grafts. I just wonder how the warning label would read. “May cause prison yard beat down if you use to cook your baby” – I know…. Wishful thinking.

Rest in peace, Mirabelle. I hope with all of my heart that you didn’t suffer.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Arrest Warrant ~ Must Read..especially the last 3 pages.

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:57 pm

I cannot find anything that current on this case. Stay tuned.

HORRIFIC!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal No capital punishment in baby's microwave death

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Sacramento prosecutors have decided not to seek the death penalty against a woman charged with murdering her 6-week-old daughter by putting her in a microwave oven.

Deputy District Attorney Chris Ore disclosed his office's decision at a brief hearing today for defendant Ka Yang in Sacramento Superior Court.

Ore, in an emailed statement, cited Yang's lack of criminal background among the factors that went into the office's decision against pursuing capital punishment.

Yang, 30, was arrested in June for the March 17 burning death of her daughter, Mirabelle Thao-Lo, in a microwave oven at the family's north area home in the Robla neighborhood.

Ore said in his statement that Yang still faces a special-circumstance allegation of torture that would likely result in a term of life in prison with no chance of parole if she is convicted.

Read more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm

February 21, 2012

Sacramento woman to stand trial in baby's microwave death

A judge today ordered a woman to stand trial for murder on charges she burned her two-month-old baby to death by placing her in a microwave oven.

Sacramento Superior Court Judge Eugene Balanon also found evidence to support the special allegation filed by prosecutors that Ka Yang also tortured the baby. The allegation would guarantee Yang a life term in prison with no chance of parole if she is convicted. Prosecutors earlier agreed to not pursue the death penalty because Yang has no prior criminal record.Who cares?? Casey Anthony had no prior criminal record, either!!

Yang, 30, is accused in the March 17 burning death of her infant daughter, Mirabelle Thao-Lo, in their home on Rood Avenue in the Robla neighborhood on the city's north side.

In a hearing that lasted less than three hours, Yang's history of seizures that goes back at least seven years emerged today as a key issue in her case.

Deputy District Attorney Chris Ore and defense lawyer Linda Parisi sparred through their questions of Sacramento police witnesses about experts' views on the capabilities of a person in the middle of different types of seizures.

Investigators who testified today said Yang told them she had no recollection of burning the child, that she had suffered a seizure.

"I see a white flash, I see trees, then I have a seizure," Sacramento police Det. Thomas Shrum testified that Yang told him in an interview.

Much of the testimony of Shrum today focused on the more severe "tonic-clonic" seizures that showed up in Yang's medical history versus less serious "focal" seizures in which a person can continue to perform routine functions despite the attack.

Det. Hanspeter Merten testified that Yang's story changed several times during the course of her interviews with police.

"There were many differnet stories she told me," Merten testified.

Coroner's forensic patholigist Dr. Gregory Reiber said the little girl suffered first-, second-, third- and even fourth-degree burns over 60 percent of her body.

The most severe of them appeared to be a "radiation" burn in her lower chest, Reiber testified. He called it a "focused hot-spot injury, most consistent with a microwave injury than anything else."

Reiber estimated the girl suffered "probably around two minutes of exposure."

He said the burns "cooked" the little girl's stomach and small intestine. He said the pain from those injuries would have been "severe."

Police said that Yang told them the girl had been fussy the day of her death, that her efforts to soothe the child by giving her a bottle and a pacifier and putting her in a swing did not work.

Investigators said they recovered the baby's pacifier from inside the microwave oven.

Judge Eugene Balanon is expected to rule later today on whether to order Yang to stand trial.

Read more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Sacramento mother pleads not guilty in death of infant daughter, who was placed in microwave

By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, March 16, 7:51 PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A Sacramento woman has pleaded not guilty to killing her 7-week-old daughter by placing her in a microwave oven one year ago.

Prosecutors say Ka Yang entered the plea Friday after a Sacramento County Superior Court judge ruled last month that there was enough evidence to justify murder and torture charges. The trial is scheduled for June 21.

Prosecutors ruled out seeking the death penalty, but Yang faces life in prison without parole if she is convicted of killing her daughter, Mirabelle. Her three other children have been placed with relatives.

She has been jailed since June after investigators determined her baby died of “extensive thermal injuries” last March 17.

Yang’s defense attorney, Linda Parisi (par-EE’-see), says she intends to demonstrate that her client suffers from a serious seizure disorder.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum