Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!!

+4
raine1953
artgal16
TerryRose
Praying For Faith
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 pm

My God, this needs to STOP!! I hope they catch these sick bastards that are making these bomb threats and scaring everyone. Enough already!!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!!

Post by TerryRose Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Add in a scare at a school in Bay Village......
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Add a kid at Berea HS threatening to shoot up the place.....
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:30 pm

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Onalim10

It probably comes with little surprise, but I am a gun owner.
If someone tries breaking into my house they will be shot no questions asked.
I do not carry a gun in my purse, but that doesn't mean there's nothing in there I can't defend myself with. (pepper spray, knife, car keys, ball point pen etc.)
My Police Officer father made certain I was armed and protected from person's meaning to do me harm. It has NOTHING to do with religion.

And on the subject of Laws, until it's recent removal here in Texas "It was against the law to shoot at Bison from the second story window of a building."

The 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution's Bill of Rights is the "Right To Keep and Bear Arms"
IMO there's a reason why our forefathers placed this right so near the top of the list.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:32 am

Just to clarify:

When will these so-called Christians who were so championing the abolition of all gun control laws quit worshipping their damn guns?!

It was because of this statement that I brought up the point that I was a Christian and had a concealed carry permit. I agree that the two have nothing to do with one another. That's why I felt compelled to say what I did...I think the two issues where unjustly linked in this statement, but we can all agree to disagree without any hard feelings. I just don't think that carrying a gun makes me a so-called Christian and that it means that I worship guns. Love to all... Group Hug
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:41 am

Lisette, I agree with you. This issue has Zip to do w/"religion".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty And the Beat Goes On!! Will This EVER END??

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

Students Stabbed By Schoolmate On Far South Side
March 1, 2012 8:23 AM

UPDATED 03/01/12 9:11 a.m.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Two students were stabbed by a fellow pupil Thursday morning at a charter school on the city’s Far South Side.

Police tell CBS 2 the students, other in their teens, were stabbed around 7:30 a.m. at the old Oliver Goldsmith Elementary School, at 10211 S. Crandon Ave. in the South Deering neighborhood.

Sources tell WBBM Newsradio the attack happened inside the school. As of 9 a.m., crime scene tape had been strung in front of the entrance.

The school is now a charter high school. Infinity High School has been using the facility once used by Goldsmith Elementary.

The wounded students were taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said. They were in serious to critical condition.

Larry Thigpen and his fiancée were walking his children to a nearby school when they passed the crime scene Thursday morning.

“A lot of the kids, they’re getting dangerous now – the young kids at a young age, so that’s pretty scary,” Thigpen told WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya.

The child who had the knife was arrested, and was in police custody as of 8:15 a.m.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 am

lisette wrote:Just to clarify:

When will these so-called Christians who were so championing the abolition of all gun control laws quit worshipping their damn guns?!

It was because of this statement that I brought up the point that I was a Christian and had a concealed carry permit. I agree that the two have nothing to do with one another. That's why I felt compelled to say what I did...I think the two issues where unjustly linked in this statement, but we can all agree to disagree without any hard feelings. I just don't think that carrying a gun makes me a so-called Christian and that it means that I worship guns. Love to all... Group Hug

I should have been more clear about what I was writing that day. Sorry. The topic is much too complicated and lengthy to explain on this thread. I am going back over 10 years to when the powerful rich gun lobby had its way with the Congress of the United States, the chief spokesman for the NRA at the time was Charlton Heston, you know, the actor who played Moses in the Ten Commandments movie of the 1950s or early 60s? Bombarded with pressure from this well-financed lobby, the political movement of one party at the time which linked itself very strongly to Christianity (as if the opposition were somehow not Christian, wrong!) took up the fight for and campaigned for and worked for the abolition of laws concerning guns. This is how I link the two together---or should I say that those in power at the time linked the two together.

I wanted to let that post of mine wane on this thread, but it came up again and so I respond. I will repeat, this is all about the effect on one state, the state of Ohio, in which this school tragedy occurred. I will point out that it was NEVER illegal to own guns here in the state of Ohio, the amendment of the Constitution of the right to bear arms was never in question since Ohio became a state. I want to point out that I am NOT myself opposed to responsible gun ownership, nor do I fault anyone who desires to own a handgun for protection. I was merely pointing out what has occurred in the state of Ohio during the last decade because of the gun lobby, NRA, and the Christian right (of 10 years ago or so) who championed the abolition of laws that previous generations put into place to keep society in general safer.

It took a while for everything to trickle down from that effort. Meanwhile, the cigarette became enemy number one in society. Laws were passed in the Northern cities against this horrible criminal known as the smoker. They imposed a huge tax on cigarettes in the 90s to build a ball stadium which is in the open air. From the start it was to be smoke free. Then came the laws recently that imposed hefty fines on any smoker who lights one up even outdoors on the premises of any public institution, including the stadium. The laws extend to bars and restaurants and carry hefty fines if a patron forgets and lights one up where it is forbidden, and this could be outside also. The hefty fines increase with the number of times they are caught. The proprietors of bars and restaurants get fined heavily. And, if caught more than once, there could even be jail time. Meanwhile, the laws changed on concealed carry. And, of course, alcohol was always permitted in these same areas I write about, no law against that. So now, in the cities, we can have this situation at a open-air ballgame, a bar, a restaurant-----I can light a cig in the wrong place outside not knowing I am in a forbidden area, get heavily fined and cited or jailed, but the man with the hidden loaded gun in his pocket sitting next to you can legally get drunk and carry that loaded handgun in the same public place that I would be such a horrid criminal because I am a smoker. Trying to be brief, I hope I have explained this comment better.

There seems to be an increase in the local news in the last year or so of children accidentally shot and killed. Just a little expanding on this here: From memory only, I can cite at least 2 instances of children sitting, watching TV or on computer within their own homes when a bullet came through the walls of the houses, killing them on their sofas. An Amish 15-year-old driving a buggy home from a birthday party, fell off the buggy and lay dead on the side of the road. When they picked her up, they found a bullet in her head. Perplexed, they eventually found that someone at a distance of a good part of a mile away was cleaning a gun and discharged it. There are reports in increasing numbers of children K-3 bringing loaded handguns in their backpacks to school, not knowing the dangers, it is just what little children will do, then causing panic for the poor teacher. There was one child had one in his bookbag, discharged it accidentally, and it killed the little girl sitting in front of him in the classroom. There are many, many stories like this in recent years......there weren't much of any of this kind prior to this period of time stretching back 50 years and more. There is, therefore, an increase in the incidents of children getting their hands on guns, bringing them into schools, and unintentional shootings of children, a great increase.

I tried to be brief and explain my thoughts further. I hope I succeeded. My comments were never against any responsible, thoughtful, and intelligent people at VH, nor were they ever meant to be insulting if a member here is a member of the political party that I mentioned, whose actions I have cited as of a decade ago, not in the present time period. I never meant anyone to take my words as an attack on Christians. I do attack the hypocrites using my beloved Jesus and the name of God to further political motives. I would never attack Christians, I am one, and I have an extremely strong faith. I am Catholic but my thoughts are very in tune with all Christians everywhere.

Hope this explains what I meant.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

TR, you explained it beautifully.

I SO agree with you re: the law abolishing smoking but one Can and Does carry a concealed weapon into a bar where they can legally drink and depending on the individual and their reaction to alcohol, develop a Very Short Fuse and make a life changing decision to open fire on someone. Had this person been sober and not had a weapon, this would not have taken place.

It's just not Ohio, it's all over the place. I know Many people who are responsible gun owners. Even my son..who likes to hunt but is not what I call a "hunter". He has a few rifles and a hand gun but he is Responsible. He makes certain that these guns are NOT accessible to the kids. He doesn't have a concealed weapons permit (nothing wrong with having one, just wonder WHY a gun needs to be concealed??) so I get what you're saying.

The ones that really get me are these kids that get ahold of a gun illegally and "saw it off", making it much more dangerous. I know in places like Los Angeles, the gangs ALL have guns and can guarantee you most are already convicted felons that have no business (legally) carrying a firearm or even being in a house where a firearms exists. So, herein lies the problem.

Someone like Lisette or Nite or whomever who is RESPONSIBLE is NOT the issue here. We are talking about people with no brain in their head that are walking around with a gun that is not legally registered to them, killing and maiming innocent people.

IMHO, something needs to be done about this and it's (unfortunately) left up to our politicians to make the call. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am

Wrap, I made a prediction upthread that a change back to some restrictions or regulations or something of the kind will eventually come about, but not in time to save many innocents from being killed by handguns. It is a pattern that we see over and over again. People do not learn history, so we keep repeating the errors of the past. Laws and safety policies get repealed because nobody ever learns why they came into being in the first place. Then, after all the dangers come back in full force, yet another generation will say "we have to do something about this!" It is always this way throughout history. But, like I say, I probably will not be aware if my prediction came true or not, if it does. What usually happens is somebody will do a mathematical study or statistical study and suddenly discover a tragic huge increase in the numbers of innocent people being harmed, whether it is the gun law topic or something like the EPA that some would abolish, it will always be this that will prompt a return to some legislation to protect the public once again. I can only hope that I am wrong and that this trend will not continue, but then again, human nature being what it is.........
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 pm

The Families of the victims speak. They all seem to be nice people and their children that they now mourn are said to have been great kids with good futures. One is still in serious condition in the hospital with 4 shots and suffers from spinal shock. He has a long recovery and struggle ahead of him. May God be with them and help them all. crying

TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty The Parent's and Staff Speak

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:09 am

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Chardon football coach apologizes for not doing more, Sheriff praises strength of families

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:13 am

Posted: 03/01/2012
Last Updated: 9 hours and 38 minutes ago
By: Jen Steer, newsnet5.com

CHARDON, Ohio - As Chardon students prepare to return to school after the deadly shooting earlier this week, emotions were still running high during a Thursday afternoon news briefing.

Three students died following the shooting, which left two others injured and one under arrest. Among the last to speak was Chardon High School assistant football coach Frank Hall.

“Frank chased the gunman out of the building, saving anymore bloodshed,” Geauga County Lt. John Hiscox said.

“I want to say I’m sorry,” Hall said, adding that he wished he could have done more to help. To the parents of the three victims, Danny Parmertor, Russell King and Demetrius Hewlin, “I want you to know I was with them, I prayed with them, I wiped their tears. I know God was with them.”

“I’m not a hero. I’m just a football coach and a study hall teacher.” Hall fought back tears as he praised law enforcement and first-responders, spoke of the great kids at Chardon High School.

Geauga County Sheriff Daniel McClelland also noted the strength of Chardon students, their parents and the entire community. On Thursday, students were given the chance to walk the halls of the school and participate in counseling sessions alongside their parents.

“I watched families walk to the school holding hands,” McClelland said. “It was an incredible spirit of Chardon. I’ll never forget that. This is why we live here. This is why we call Chardon our home.”

McClelland also cautioned parents to keep an eye on their children’s use of the Internet, especially social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.

“This is misinformation out there. Untruths. There are things that have no bearing on things happening here in Chardon.”

Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said there will be a law enforcement presence at the school from this point on. He said officers may be positioned at Chardon High School until the end of the school year.
Chardon Local Schools Superintendent Joe Bergant said the news media will not be permitted on school grounds as class resumes on Friday.

The news conference came just minutes after charges were filed against alleged gunman TJ Lane. He faces three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Charges filed against Chardon shooting suspect TJ Lane

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:18 am

Posted: 03/01/2012
Last Updated: 12 hours and 46 minutes ago
By THOMAS J. SHEERAN, Associated Press

CHARDON, Ohio - A 17-year-old has been charged with three juvenile counts of aggravated murder in the Chardon school shooting that killed three fellow students and wounded two others.

Geauga County prosecutor David Joyce announced the charges Thursday against T.J. Lane. The boy is accused of opening fire Monday in the cafeteria at Chardon High School.

Lane also faces two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault.

The juvenile counts of aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder would mean only a few years in detention if Lane is convicted. But the prosecutor has already said he plans to try the boy as an adult. That could mean life in prison if he is found guilty.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Ohio School Shooting Survivor Has Bullets in Cheek and Neck

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:58 am

By CHRISTINA NG | Good Morning America – 20 hours ago
Ohio school shooting survivor Nick Walczak is partially paralyzed with bullets lodged in his cheek and neck, but that doctors are "cautiously optimistic" that he will walk again, the teen's mother said today.
Walczak, 17, was one of five high school students shot in a rampage at Chardon High School on Monday by accused shooter T.J. Lane. Three students--Demetrius Hewlin, Russell King Jr. and Daniel Parmertor--died from their wounds.

Another wounded student, Joy Rickers, has been released from the hospital. Walczak remains hospitalized.

Walczak's mother Holly Walczak told a news conference that she believes her son was shot four times: twice in the neck, through the arm and in the back.

Walczak's brother previously told ABC News that his brother had no feeling below his chest.

"He has a bullet still in his cheek and his neck," Holly Walczak said. "He's just getting feeling back in his legs. It's going to be a really slow process, they said. He's going to need spine therapy. The surgeon said they're cautiously optimistic."

Nick Walczak's went into spinal shock after the shooting, but doctor's hope he will be able to walk again.
"He's strong, he's brave and his age really makes a big difference. I know he can do it," his mother said.
She said his son has been conscious throughout the ordeal and knows that his friends have died.

"We really try not to talk about it at this point. It's a little too traumatic for him," she said. "It's kind of a blur, at this point."

Holly Walczak spoke at a news conference along with the families of Hewlin and Parmertor and mentioned the guilt she feels since her son survived the attack.

"The families that have had the losses...it's a guilty [feeling] for me because they lost and my son was saved. I think that's the hardest part for me. I feel for them every minute, every hour," she said.

The mom credits teacher Joseph Ricci for saving her son's life by dragging him into another room after he was shot and caring for him until paramedics arrived.

"He is the person that saved my son's life. He pulled him from the hallway into a room. He is forever our hero," Walczak said. "He's remarkable. I can't believe it. Nick would be the fourth victim, otherwise."

Speaking of her son's slain friends, Walczak said, "Danny, Russell and Demetrius--they're awesome young men and their lives were ended early, but it's not in vain. They left a mark on all of our lives and I just keep praying for them and for Nick."

Nick Walczak's brother Josh Walczak, 20, said that when he heard about the shooting and that his brother had been involved, he didn't know what to think.

"I saw him in the hospital and it was the worst day of my life," Josh Walczak said.

"He's my best friend. The kid is full of spirit. He's always in a good mood," he said of his brother. "Our relationship is going to get a million times stronger after this. I'll definitely be with him every step of the way from here on out."

Victim Demetrius Hewlin's mother Phyllis Ferguson also spoke and gave an update on her son.
"They took him this morning five minutes to eight to take his organs, so I'm having a hard time," Ferguson said as she choked back tears. "This was the last time I got to see him before they do what they do to him."

Ferguson said that one of the recipients of Hewlin's organs would be a child who was in the pediatric unit and only had a few days to live without a transplant. She was proud that her son would be able to save lives with his own, as he had wanted.

Ferguson also specified that her 16-year-old son was shot in the head.

She told ABC News on Wednesday that she had forgiven suspected shooter T.J. Lane.

"I would tell him I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don't know what they're doing. That's all I'd say," Ferguson said.

"I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine. You have to forgive everything. God's grace is new each and every day," she said. "Until you've walked in another person's shoes, you don't know what made him come to this point."

Students and parents gathered in the center of Chardon today to march back to the school together. The school was open today a walk through and parents and students were encouraged to come together. On Friday, school will be back in session.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Pathetic!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:33 pm

It sure is TR. I'm so sick of those awful people trying to insert themselves into places that are inappropriate and they are not wanted.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 pm

agreed Raine and TR. I can't understand why these Westboro Funeral Protestors would even think of protesting at this funeral. I agree with one of the posters to the article that TR posted above that they should go and protest outside a prison, or in my opinion in front of where the shooter is being held. It is pathetic and uncalled for. crazy3 people

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty Chardon teen indicted in 3 school shooting deaths

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Chardon teen indicted in 3 school shooting deaths

By Thomas J. Sheeran
Associated Press Tuesday June 5, 2012 12:43 PM

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Tj-lane
T.J. Lane, 17, appears in Juvenile Court in Chardon, Ohio.

A 17-year-old has been indicted in Ohio in the school shooting deaths of three students and the wounding of three others.

The indictment was returned today in Geauga County east of Cleveland against T.J. Lane.

A judge ruled last month that Lane must be tried as an adult. Lane could face life in prison if convicted.

He was indicted on three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault in the Feb. 27 attack at Chardon High School, about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

No motive has been established.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 Empty T.J. Lane gets 3 life sentences in Ohio school shooting

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 am

CHARDON, Ohio (AP) — Wearing a white T-shirt with “killer” scrawled across it in large, apparently handwritten letters, a teenager was given three lifetime prison sentences without the possibility of parole Tuesday for opening fire last year in an Ohio high school cafeteria in a rampage that left three students dead and three others wounded.

T.J. Lane, 18, had pleaded guilty last month to shooting at students in February 2012 at Chardon High School, east of Cleveland. Investigators have said he admitted to the shooting but said he didn’t know why he did it.
Before the case went to adult court last year, a juvenile court judge ruled that Lane was mentally competent to stand trial despite evidence he suffers from hallucinations, psychosis and fantasies.

Prosecutors say he took a .22-caliber pistol and a knife to the school and fired 10 shots at a group of students in the cafeteria. Daniel Parmertor and Demetrius Hewlin, both 16, and Russell King Jr., 17, were killed.

Lane was at Chardon waiting for a bus to the alternative school he attended, for students who haven’t done well in traditional settings.

Lane had pleaded guilty last month to three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault.

He faced a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole. He wasn’t eligible for the death penalty because he was 17 at the time of the shootings. Relatives of the slain students indicated earlier they wanted Lane to get the maximum sentence.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Ohio school shooter gives finger, laughs at his sentencing

|
|

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 1:22 PM CDT
By ABC News - bio

Ohio school shooter TJ Lane spewed vile and unprintable words today at the families of three students he killed, gave them the finger and then laughed and smiled as they described him as an animal and a monster.

Lane, 18, got another chuckle when the judge sentenced him to three life terms in prison with no chance for parole.

Lane was waiting for a bus to an alternative school when he killed three students during a Feb. 27, 2012 rampage at Chardon High School. Daniel Parmertor, 16, Demetrius Hewlin, 16, and Russell King Jr., 17, died in the attack. Three other students were injured.

Lane arrived at his sentencing hearing today wearing a blue button down shirt. After he sat down, he unbuttoned the shirt to reveal a white T-shirt with the word "killer" emblazoned across the front in black marker.

When Lane was given the opportunity to make a statement to the court, he gave a short, crude statement that ended with "f*** all of you" before sticking up his middle finger in the courtroom filled with the loved ones of the three students he gunned down.

"Frankly, I wasn't prepared for this," the prosecutor said moments after Lane's gesture. He said the action was proof that Lane is a "disgusting human being."

"This is confirming what we have known all along, that this was a cold, calculated, premeditated killing," the prosecutor said.

Lane smirked and smiled as family members of his victims called him "repulsive" and hoped for him to be locked up in a cage "like an animal" for the rest of his life.

Lane's defense attorney told the court that he "strongly urged" Lane not say what he was about to the court, but Lane proceeded anyway.

Survivor Nick Walczak was in court today. Walczak was shot twice in the neck, once in the back and once in the arm. He was left paralyzed after one of the bullets hit his spinal cord. He was friends with the three teens who were killed.

Several family members of those Lane killed and hurt were in court and made strongly worded statements.

"A few weeks prior to the shooting, Russell told his friends that he wanted to hang out with the shooter again," Russell King Jr.'s sister told the court. "He wanted to be his friend. He felt sorry for him."

Lane smirked.

The strongest words condemning Lane came from Dina Parmertor, Daniel Parmertor's mother.

"I want him to feel my anger towards him," she said. "After today I refuse to give him a second of my thoughts...He is repulsive. We don't speak his name and we never will."

Lane laughed as she spoke.

"I am in pain every minute of every day. I cry every day," she said. "I will never be the same because of him...My children look at me and do not see the same mom they used to know."

Parmertor's mom said she worries every time her family members leave the house, fearing it will be the last time she sees them.

She called him a "monster" and a "pathetic excuse for a human being."

"I hope you have a cold, rough, unkind prison life with monsters like yourself," she said. "If I had my choice you would die an extremely slow, torturous death...You're a weak, pathetic, vile coward."

"What was the motive for this merciless rampage?" the judge asked before announcing his sentence. "The answer is, we don't know. We have not been provided a clear answer or even a murky one."

Judge David Fuhry said Lane appeared to simply want to "make a big splash, make front page news."

"[He] attacked without discernible motive, provocation or reason. The court finds such a person extremely dangerous," he said.

The judge said whether Lane was in any way impaired at the time of the shooting was a big consideration. He said it was proven that Lane feigned mental illness after the shooting.

"To the contrary, TJ Lane was an intelligent student positioned to graduate early. He was not insane, incompetent or impaired on Feb. 27, 2012," the judge said. "He consciously and methodically carried out a plan to kill...Of course he knew that what he was doing was wrong."

Lane plead guilty on Feb. 26 to three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault. He was not eligible for the death penalty because he was 17 at the time of the shooting.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Thank you, Wrap, for posting this latest news on the verdict and sentencing of T. J. Lane. It seems so unreal to see a young person so devoid of any goodness taunt his victims' families this way as he did today in court. Just unreal.....the evil is so great within him.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm

TR, I saw this on the news and they showed this kid and I just could not believe my ears. I used to think even in bad people there was a little good,now I know there isn't because of this kid. I'm so glad he got three life sentences or who knows how many more people he'd kill in his lifetime. Unbelievable!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Another thanks to "Wild About Trial" for this. It's unfathomable that this kid thinks like this..did these horrible acts!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

What a miserable example of human SCUM this little BOY is!
That's right IMO he's just a BOY, trying to act like a BIG MAN!
Let the guys in prison deal with his attitude now... he'll get beat down as soon as he hits the general population!
GOOD!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 pm

I hope he reaps his own karma, and very soon.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

I am just testing here.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Manhunt Ends, Chardon High School Shooter Captured

The Chardon High School shooter escapes from a Lima prison.

Thursday September 11, 2014 10:12 PM
UPDATED: Friday September 12, 2014 10:00 AM

LIMA, Ohio - Three inmates are behind bars after escaping from the Allen County Correctional Institution Thursday night.

One of the men was T.J. Lane, was the person who opened fire at Chardon High School.
5 students shot at Chardon High School; three have died. Suspect, TJ Lane, in custody. Lane did NOT Attend Chardon High School!! Found Guilty of 3 Life Sentences!! - Page 2 TJ_Lane
Lane escaped with fellow inmates Clifford E. Opperud and Lindsey Bruce.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol and Lima Police quickly set up a perimeter in the area surrounding the prison.

Troopers also established several checkpoints at intersections around the north side of Lima.

Prison warden Kevin Jones told 10TV the inmates escaped the facility around 7:30 p.m. by scaling the perimeter fence on the west side of the facility during a recreational period Thursday.

Inmate Lindsey Bruce was captured just minutes after escaping.  

Bruce was convicted of killing a 5-year-old Emily Rimel in Franklin County back in 2004.

After a nearly six hour search, inmates Clifford Opperud and T.J. Lane were both captured.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol said Lane was captured shortly before 2:00 a.m. And Opperud was captured shortly before 4:00 a.m.

Opperud entered Lima's prison back in 2008 on an aggravated robbery charge.

OSP said Lane was captured near a church just 100-yards north of the prison.

Lane is in prison for the shooting deaths of Daniel Permertor, Russell King, Jr. and Demetrius Hewlin at Chardon High School in 2012.

At age 18, Lane shot and killed the three students in a high school cafeteria.

He was given three life sentences.

Investigators said he admitted to the shooting but that he said he didn't know why he did it.

During one of his final court appearances, he taunted relatives of the victims, and wore a T-shirt that read "killer."

At one point, he suddenly swiveled in his chair toward where his own family members and those of the slain teens sat, cursing at them and raising his middle finger toward them.

The mother of one victim called Lane "a pathetic excuse for a human being," and wished him "an extremely slow, torturous death."

Chardon High School cancelled classes on Friday and police are providing extra protection for the families of the victims.

press conference..above link.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2