Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

+9
artgal16
mary.cole.144
NiteSpinR
Slys Hunny
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' Empty George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The family of a Florida teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer last month is speaking out, saying that the shooting was unprovoked —and racially motivated.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was killed by George Zimmerman in a Sanford, Fla., gated community on the evening of Feb. 26 as he returned from a trip to a local 7-Eleven. Martin and his father were visiting family friends there. Zimmerman claimed he shot Martin in self defense, and has not been charged with a crime.

But Martin's family is pointing to 911 calls released by police on Friday that they say depict a terrified teenager who was being chased by Zimmerman. Martin was found face down, unarmed, with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea.

“(Zimmerman) was reacting to the color of his skin,’’ Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, told Matt Lauer on Monday. “He committed no crime. My son wasn’t doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, and I just don’t understand why this situation got out of control.’’
Video: 911 calls eyed in killing of Florida teen (on this page)

“Trayvon had a bag of Skittles,’’ Fulton’s attorney, Ben Crump, told Lauer. “(Zimmerman) had a nine millimeter gun. He was almost 80 pounds more weight than Trayvon Martin. This is a situation where when you…listen to those 911 tapes and the three witnesses, everyone in America is asking, when are they going to arrest Zimmerman for killing this kid in cold blood?’’

Fulton believes her son did nothing to engage Zimmerman before the deadly encounter. The family is pushing for an investigation, and Zimmerman’s arrest. The case is now in the hands of the State Attorney’s Office, which has the power to file charges or present evidence to a grand jury.

Trayvon Martin's mom, Sybrina Fulton, along with the family's attorney Ben Crump told TODAY Monday that they believe the teen was killed because of "the color of his skin."

“I just can say I’m pretty sure my son tried to get away,’’ Fulton said. “He didn’t know who this guy was. He saw him as a stranger, so he was trying to just get away from the situation. He had never had a run-in with the law. He was mild-mannered. He was a nice kid.’’

In one call, the 911 dispatcher can be heard instructing Zimmerman not to pursue Martin.

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something,’’ Zimmerman tells the dispatcher. “He’s a black male. Something’s wrong with him. He’s coming to check me out.”

“Are you following him?’’ the dispatcher replies. “OK, we don’t need you to do that.’’

Several neighbors also made frantic calls, describing the struggle. “They’re wrestling right in the back of my porch,’’ one neighbor said. “The guy’s yelling “Help” and I’m not going outside.’’

“There’s someone screaming!’’ another neighbor said. “I just heard gunshots!”

A voice can be heard screaming in the background of one of the calls. Zimmerman has said the voice is his, but Martin’s family believes it is the cries of their terrified son.

“There’s a black guy down,’’ a neighbor said in one chilling call. “It looks like he’s been shot and he’s dead.’’

“That was my baby, and he was pleading for his life,’’ Fulton told Amy Robach tearfully on TODAY Saturday. “I just don’t understand how that’s self defense. You can clearly him yelling for help.’’

Florida has a “stand your ground’’ law that makes a self-defense claim easier than it is in some other states, but Martin's family’s attorney doesn’t believe it applies in this instance.

Family: 911 calls show shooting of black teen was not in self-defense

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“I think Zimmerman has no legal recourse,’’ Crump said. “He was not at his home. He was on the sidewalk, a common area. Trayvon Martin was 70 feet away from the back door — he was almost home. Zimmerman got out of his car, did not listen to the police, and chased this kid. You can’t chase somebody and then claim self defense.’’

Zimmerman’s father has said that his son, who is Hispanic, has never discriminated against anyone. He wrote in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel that his son has been unfairly depicted as a racist by the media.

“I just don’t think his dad knows all the facts in the situation that happened,’’ Fulton said. “If something happened to his son, he would want to know more information and not just jump to conclusions.’’

More than anything, Fulton wishes for a different outcome.

“I would just want to ask him, was there a different way he could’ve handled the situation?’’ she said.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Total Crap! I agree with this poor mom. It's clear to me that was not the Zimmerman dude crying for help. Also,there are witnesses. I don't blame this mom for getting an attorney and I hope they arrest this coward!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:30 am

Feds to investigate fatal shooting of Fla. teen

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 10:28 AM CDT
Updated: Mar 20, 2012 10:39 AM CDT

By MIKE SCHNEIDER
Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - A grand jury will convene in central Florida to consider the case of an unarmed black teen who was fatally shot by a neighborhood watch captain.

In a statement released Tuesday, Seminole County State Attorney Norm Wolfinger urged the public to be patient as the investigation unfolds. He said grand jurors will meet April 10.

The announcement follows the Justice Department's decision to launch an investigation into the February shooting.

Police say 28-year-old George Zimmerman claims he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford. Police have described Zimmerman as white; his family says he is Hispanic and not racist.

Civil rights activist Al Sharpton is expected to join Sanford city leaders in a Tuesday evening town hall meeting to discuss the investigation.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Police Chief has removed himself from the investigation temporarily due to his presence becoming a distraction. (per press conf on CHH HLN)
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:47 pm

GOOD!! That damned law they have in Florida is BS!! It's like duck season down there.

From the video I've seen, I think this Zimmerman should have been at the VERY least, taken in for questioning. This is Horrible! Just because he was black and had a hoodie on? I hope they arrest Zimmerman, I signed the petition which is over a million signatures now.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Police chief in Trayvon Martin case to step down

By Zachary Roth | The Lookout – 3 hrs ago

Sanford, Fla., Police Chief Bill Lee is "temporarily" resigning amid widespread criticism of his department's handling of the Trayvon Martin case, he announced moments ago.

"My role as the leader of this agency has become a distraction for this organization," Lee said at a press conference Thursday afternoon. "It is apparent that my involvement in this matter is overshadowing the process. I have come to the decision that I must temporarily remove myself from the position of police chief of the city of Sanford."

Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. said in a letter released Wednesday evening that police were "prohibited" from arresting George Zimmerman, who had confessed to shooting Martin, "based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time." Zimmerman told local police he acted in self-defense.

Sanford police have been criticized for not conducting an alcohol or drug test on Zimmerman, as is standard practice in a homicide probe, among other alleged missteps. And a witness has said that a law enforcement officer "corrected" her when she said she heard Martin screaming for help. Lee had emerged as a focal point of the criticism.

Zimmerman, a white Hispanic What the hell does that mean??, was patrolling the streets of a gated community in Sanford on Feb. 26, when he spotted Martin and told a police dispatcher that a "black male" was acting "suspicious." Zimmerman, 28, ignored a warning from the dispatcher not to pursue Martin, and a violent confrontation ensued, leaving Martin dead.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:35 pm

I read something the other day that says "Hispanic" means a person that speaks Mexican/Spanish.......that a Hispanic person is not necessarily a Mexican person. :scratch:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Okey dokey!!! fingertap
Your response has me ROFLMFAO!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

What more can really be said? Makes zero sense to me.

Anything I can do to keep you on the floor laughing, BJ! :cheering: pepsi drinker wink
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Even Zimmerman's attorney believes charges are coming. I hope they are! This is a travesty!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:41 am

New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A slain Florida teenager and the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed him exchanged words before the teen punched him in the nose and began banging the man's head on the ground, according to the watch captain's account of the confrontation that led to the shooting.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that George Zimmerman told police he lost 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in the neighborhood he regularly patrolled and was walking back to his vehicle last month when the youth approached him from behind.

The two exchanged words, Zimmerman said, and Martin then punched him, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk. Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

A statement from Sanford police said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.

Because Martin was black and Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother, the case has become a racial flashpoint that has civil rights leaders and others leading a series of protests in Sanford and around the country. Zimmerman said he shot Martin in self-defense and has not been arrested.

Meanwhile, Martin's parents are blaming police for leaking information about their son being suspended for marijuana and details about the fight he had with Zimmerman that portrayed the teen as the aggressor.

Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and family attorneys said Monday that it was part of an effort to demonize her son.

"They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation," Fulton told reporters.

Martin was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools because traces of marijuana were found in a plastic baggie in his book bag, family spokesman Ryan Julison said. Martin was serving the suspension when he was shot Feb. 26.

The Sanford Police Department insisted there was no authorized release of the new information but acknowledged there may have been a leak. City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. said it would be investigated and the person responsible could be fired.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said the link between the youth and marijuana should have no bearing on the probe into his shooting death. State and federal agencies are investigating, with a grand jury set to convene April 10.

"If he and his friends experimented with marijuana, that is completely irrelevant," Crump said. "What does it have to do with killing their son?"

The state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed Monday that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press.

Despite the news of Martin's possible actions the night of the shooting, rallies demanding the arrest of the 28-year-old Zimmerman spread from Florida to Indiana.

Thousands rallied Monday on the steps of the Georgia state Capitol. The crowd chanted "I am Trayvon!" and "Arrest Zimmerman now!" The protest ended with the crowd linking hands and singing, "We Shall Overcome."

Students from Morehouse College, Spelman College and Clark Atlanta University encouraged their fellow students to talk to their lawmakers about gun laws. Students wore hoodies that said, "I am Trayvon Martin" and lofted signs reading, "Don't shoot!" and "I could be next."

"We're humans, and even more so, we're American citizens, and we have the expectation that justice will be delivered," said Ronnie Mosley, 20, a student at Morehouse who helped organize the rally.

Back in Sanford, city officials named a 23-year veteran of the police department as acting chief. The appointment of Capt. Darren Scott, who is African-American, came days after Chief Bill Lee, who is white, temporarily stepped down as the agency endured withering criticism over its handling of the case.

"I know each one of you — and everyone watching — would like to have a quick, positive resolution to this recent event," Scott told reporters. "I urge everyone to let the system take its course."

The Sanford City Commission held its first meeting Monday since giving Lee a no confidence vote, which led to his ouster. Martin's parents both addressed the panel, urging them to take steps to arrest Zimmerman. More than 500 people crowded into the meeting, which was moved from City Hall to the Sanford Civil Center.

"We are asking for justice," said Tracy Martin, the teenager's father.

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton warned commissioners that Sanford risked becoming a 21st century version of civil rights struggle in the South during the 1960s.

Sharpton said Martin's parents endured "insults and lies" Monday over reports that their son attacked Zimmerman.

Also Monday, an attorney for Martin's mother confirmed that she filed trademark applications for two slogans containing her son's name: "Justice for Trayvon" and "I Am Trayvon." The applications said the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs.

The trademark attorney, Kimra Major-Morris, said in an email that Fulton wants to protect intellectual property rights for "projects that will assist other families who experience similar tragedies."

Asked if Fulton had any profit motive, the attorney replied: "None."

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

Suspended THREE times for drugs, truancy and graffiti and 'caught carrying a burglary tool': New picture emerges of Trayvon Martin (and did he attack a bus driver too?)

The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:52 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Lisette, the article you posted is a Must-Read! Things are slowly but surely coming out.

The thing that bugs me about this case is that Zimmerman was NOT taken in for questioning and the Sanford PD did not re-trace the crime scene or investigate any further. Why? Because he was black? This is a question, not a statement. But, I do think had this been an Anglo child that had been killed, more would have been done by SPD.

Personally, I cannot stomach Al Sharpton. I think he Loves the limelight and loves to hear himself speak.

And, I wonder. Zimmerman made 46 911 calls in 12 months. He carried a gun. MOST security guards do not. Also, he was told NOT to follow him and did so anyway. He made a statement that "they" always get away with it. As Dr. Glass said, "Who is THEY"? And, there are eye witnesses that said Zimmerman was the aggressor.

Bottom line, we don't know. The ONLY person that does is Zimmerman.

Martin was not the sweet little angel he had been made out to be and I think the parents should have come clean about him from the get go, but they didn't.

This has Really become a national issue now. And, I think it's sad that it's come to this.

Of course, as a parent and grandparent, had these exact circumstances happened to one of mine, I would be Livid that LE did nothing..did not take Zimmerman in for questioning or investigate the crime scene. They took Zimmerman at his word.

This has become about RACE and I think it's sad.

So, who is right? I don't know. But, I do think Zimmerman should be taken in and poly'd.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I agree that the article was very informative, and everybody should read it.
Do we know how much investigating was really done at the time? I haven't heard or read anything about it...Just wondering. It seems that when a gun is used, there should be a thorough investigation as a matter of course. Don't know if SPD did that or not. Did they just question Zimmerman at the scene or hospital...or did they take him in and interrogate him? And photos of the injuries he sustained should have been made part of the investigative record...IF there even was one. SPD haven't said a lot about what was done, but, if they didn't do these things, they really dropped the ball and have a terrible mess because of it.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

No, they did NOT take him in and interrogate him. They took his "statement" as FACT. That's the part that really bothers me. BTW, this particular PD has a history of this. It's a "burb" of Orlando.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm

I agree with both of you. I've wondered the same thing. It sure sounds like SPD took Zimmerman's word for what happened and that was that. IF it was any different I would think the SPD would have said so from the beginning. All of a sudden there's a witness for Zimmerman that comes forward after what, nearly a month to say that Martin did attack Zimmerman? Very hard for me to believe. I really do think that SPD did botch this whole thing from the beginning.
I think the parents should have released the info that their son had been in trouble prior to being killed but I don't think it has anything to do with this case.
I think this kid was killed because he was black, just as I believe Zimmerman meant 'blacks' when he said 'they always get away with this'. I think Zimmerman should be prosecuted based on the info that's been presented to the public.
I feel horrible for the parents but FGS enough, this is the first thing on the news every single night.
JMOO.
Wrap, can't stand Sharpton either, I think he's an opportunist just waiting for the next thing to get him on TV. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:49 pm

I think the parents should have released the info that their son had been in trouble prior to being killed but I don't think it has anything to do with this case. AGREE!!!!
I think this kid was killed because he was black, just as I believe Zimmerman meant 'blacks' when he said 'they always get away with this'. I think Zimmerman should be prosecuted based on the info that's been presented to the public.
I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am

More details on the extent of the investigation.

Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting

(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - The lead investigator probing the deadly shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin wanted neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman arrested and charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, ABC News reports.

Investigator Chris Serino of the Sanford, Fla. Police Department wanted the 28-year-old Zimmerman behind bars, but the state Attorney's Office said there was not enough evidence to lead to a conviction, sources told ABC.

The New York Daily News reports Serino was uncertain of Zimmerman's account of how the Feb. 26 incident with Martin played out.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, even though he had requested medical attention first.

The police report noted Zimmerman was "bleeding from the nose and the back of the head."

CBS News reports that the next day, detectives re-enacted the shooting with Zimmerman at the scene. They also discovered Zimmerman had two prior arrests: one for assaulting a cop, the other for domestic abuse.

For the next two weeks, lead investigator Serino pursued a manslaughter charge against Zimmerman.

"Had the roles been reversed, Trayvon would have been treated differently because he was black?," CBS News Correspondent Mark Strassman asked lawyer Ben Crump, who represents the teenager's parents

"Absolutely," said Crump. "No question to me or anybody else in America. Had Trayvon had been the person who pulled the trigger, he would have been arrested that day on the spot and would still be sitting in jail."

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm

I wonder WHY it took so long for all this to come out! One would think the DA and the SPD would want the public to know about this. I think Zimmerman is a man w/a mission. He likes wearing a gun and is a wannabe cop. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

I don't know what to think. But even if Trayvon had attacked Zimmerman he still should not have been shot! The kid was armed with Skittles FGS!
I agree w/ you Wrap about the wannabe cop theory and of course the fact he liked having the gun. I still do not understand a security guard w/ a gun.
Bottom line, Trayvon was not armed, Zimmerman was and Trayvon should not be dead.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.

Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.

His lawyer later insisted that Zimmerman's nose had been broken in his scuffle with 17-year-old Martin.

In the video an officer is seen pausing to look at the back of Zimmerman's head, but no abrasions or blood can be seen in the video and he did not check into the emergency room following the police questioning.

Zimmerman was not arrested although ABC News has learned that the lead homicide investigator filed an affidavit urging Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter. The prosecutor, however, told the officer to not file the charge because there was not enough evidence for conviction.

Zimmerman said he was heading back to his car when Martin attacked him. His lawyer, Craig Sonner, said his client felt "one of them was going to die that night," when he pulled the trigger.

Martin's girlfriend, who was on the phone with him in his final moments, told ABC News in an exclusive interview that she has not been interviewed by police, despite Martin telling her he was being followed.

The 16-year-old girl, who is only being identified as DeeDee, recounted the final moments of her conversation with Martin before the line went dead.

"When he saw the man behind him again he said this man is going to do something to him. And then he said this man is still behind him and I said run," she said.

Phone records obtained by ABC News show that the girl called Martin at 7:12 p.m., five minutes before police arrived, and remained on the phone with Martin until moments before he was shot.

DeeDee said Martin turned around and asked Zimmerman why he was following him.

"The man said what are you doing around here?" DeeDee recalled Zimmerman saying.

She said she heard someone pushed into the grass before the call was dropped.

Zimmerman, who had called 911, was asked by the dispatcher if he was following the teen. When Zimmerman replied that he was, the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that."

Martin's death has sparked protests across the country and prompted President Obama to say that if he had a son, he would look like Martin.

Over the past few days, leaks have emerged suggesting Martin was dogged by discipline problems.

Martin had been slapped with a 10 day school suspension after a bag with suspected marijuana was found in his backpack, Benjamin Crump, the family's attorney, said.

Last year the teen was suspended for spraying graffiti on school grounds. The Miami Herald reported that the school guard who stopped him searched his backpack and found 12 items of women's jewelry and a flathead screw driver that the guard believed to be a "burglary implement." But Martin was never charged or specifically disciplined for the incident.

Crump alleged that the Sanford police had leaked damaging information about Martin in order to muddy the case, calling it a "conspiracy." Crump called the school disciplinary problems "irrelevant" to the case that "an unarmed 17 year kid was killed."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't think I've heard what Trayvon was wearing, other than the hoody. One of the 911 calls from a woman said that a person with a white t-shirt was on top of another person. Zimmerman was wearing a white t-shirt according to the video I just posted.....or at least that's what it looks like to me.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 pm

BJ, that video is GOLD! Kudo's to ABC!!

There is no blood on Zimmerman's shirt. If his nose had been broken, there would be blood everywhere. I see nothing, no blood, no injuries from that video. Very interesting that this is coming out after one month. The SPD and the DA really dropped the ball on this one. And, to look at Zimmerman, you can't even tell he's allegedly been in a scuffle. Plus, there were witnesses and not that it should matter, but they are white.

This is a very clear-cut case IMO. Zimmerman Should have been arrested and the case should have gone before a grand jury. Martin's gf should have been immediately questioned. Why wasn't she?

This case makes me so damned angry. If Z had not been carrying a gun (and most security guards don't unless it is specifically asked for by the security company and most security companies don't like taking that risk and ONLY insist a security guard carries a gun if they are guarding a bank or a high profile person or building, like The White House, etc) Martin would be alive today. I wonder if the security company had knowledge their employee was packing. And, I would bet he no longer has his job and do think he will be arrested. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 pm

I wonder if the security company had knowledge their employee was packing. And, I would bet he no longer has his job and do think he will be arrested. MOO.
Zimmerman wasn't employed as a security guard. He lived in a gated community and volunteered to police the grounds. No one hired him or paid him.......OR monitored him.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I didn't realize that. What an ass!! It seems like he was out to get this kid. I bet he'd seen him before. WOW!! Now I Really think he needs to be brought up on charges!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

Note: This is a commentary and VH takes no responsibility for it's content.

In many high-profile stories there are two courts -- the court of law, and the court of public opinion. No matter what transpired recently in that Sanford, Florida gated community where Trayvon Martin was killed by Zimmerman, the self-appointed neighborhood watchman is guilty in the court of public opinion Now, he is in hiding and under attack by just about everyone.

The facts almost no longer matter, as churches and civil rights activists from coast to coast organize "hoodie" days and marches to show solidarity and empathy for young Trayvon Martin. If Zimmerman did indeed shoot the teenager for racist or other malicious reasons, when the truth is finally known, he will be properly vilified and sentenced. If, however, the facts prove that he at the very least acted in accordance with Florida's probably well intentioned, but poorly planned, "stand your ground" Statute 776.013 (3), Mr. Zimmerman will find himself even more vilified by an even angrier public that cannot understand how a hoodie and a pack of Skittles posed a mortal threat to a seemingly large man at 250 pounds, in comparison to the 140 pound young man.

If Zimmerman is in fact innocent, and has counsel, he is not getting good advice. Having represented counselors of all legal persuasions, from criminal to civil, covering unlawful death to intellectual property, the advice to remain silent is standard legal procedure. Conventional wisdom from law school suggests that the less you say now, the less you'll have to answer for in court. To every rule there are exceptions, and this is one of those times.

The pressure is mounting on law enforcement and public officials to do something to save face from what is turning out to be a huge public relations crisis for anyone in the aforementioned professions remotely involved in this case or in Florida's law. Even if the police did not have cause to make an arrest before, public pressure will demand some sort of punishment for Zimmerman.

To their credit, the civil rights groups and community advocates rallying for an arrest are waging an incredible publicity campaign against Zimmerman. Whereas Zimmerman needs to look as good as he can to the public right now, advocates and activists such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson understand how to use the media to further issues they champion. Sharpton is a pivotal force in the fight for symbolic justice here, and as his catchy line like "hoodies, not hoodlums" gain momentum, people will hear the message and pressure the authorities to make an arrest.

Sharpton knows that his only job here is to make it impossible for anyone in this country to hear the name Trayvon Martin without thinking "hoodie, not hoodlum". When churches have hoodie days, and the Miami Heat basketball team don hoodies before a game, and the Reverend Al Sharpton coins a phrase that may become as renowned as "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit;" they are successfully tainting the jury pool, making true justice nearly impossible.

If George Zimmerman has any chance of not being convicted, he needs to get involved in this story and explain what happened, rather than allow the media and the activists to fully control the dialogue. Even if it means issuing his own videotaped statement to explaining certain facts. The authorities will ultimately decide if there is enough evidence to pursue justice, and a grand jury will determine if he will be indicted, but he has to say something or make some sort of public comment himself. Martin's supporters' sympathetic narrative is all anyone knows.

What further compounds Zimmerman's case is the fact that police advised Zimmerman to take no action when he called in to report the suspicious individual. The dispatcher is clearly heard on the recording made available to the public telling Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that," when he asked if he should pursue the suspect. Zimmerman responded with an, "OK". From a crisis perspective - and it is hard not to see this as such - Zimmerman did everything wrong even if the law supports his final decision to fire his gun.

It is not too often that our nation's president comments on a local police matter, so when President Obama suggested that if he had a son he might look like Trayvon, it sent a powerful message to the public. We saw it most recently with Casey Anthony, and for those who remember it, the O.J. Simpson trial too; there are many instances of people who are declared guilty in the court of public opinion, no matter what happens in the court of law.

Right or wrong on the law, Zimmerman appears to have at the very least acted with a heavy hand. His silence now is only making certain that whatever the legal outcome will be, he will forever be known as the man who killed an unarmed kid and got away with it.

About the author:

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 am

Wrapitup wrote:I didn't realize that. What an ass!! It seems like he was out to get this kid. I bet he'd seen him before. WOW!! Now I Really think he needs to be brought up on charges!
Trayvon was visiting his father's girlfriend's home in this community. I don't know Trayvon had been there before, but he didn't live there.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 am

Trayvon Martin: The Casey Anthony analysts are back

— posted by halboedeker on March, 28 2012 9:29 AM

To cover the Trayvon Martin tragedy, local stations have brought back analysts from the Casey Anthony case.
WFTV-Channel 9 this weekend will build its “Central Florida Spotlight” around the “stand your ground” law. The guest will be attorney Bill Sheaffer, who provided Anthony analysis. The show airs at 12:30 p.m. Saturday and repeats at 4 p.m. Sunday on sister station WRDQ-Channel 27.

WFTV supplied this preview: “It’s been more than a month since 17-year-old Trayvon Martin’s death, and still police have not charged or arrested the man who pulled the trigger, George Zimmerman. Now Gov. Rick Scott has requested a special task force to revisit the ’stand your ground’ law. Even its original sponsor says it is not being used as intended in the Trayvon Martin case. WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer takes a closer look at what the law really means.”

In a WFTV report Tuesday, Sheaffer said the stand-your-ground defense results in an acquittal 80 percent of the time it’s used.

On Tuesday, WKMG-Channel 6 turned to attorney Mark NeJame, who offered Anthony analysis. NeJame said that Zimmerman’s attorney was handling the case “the right way so far.”

Zimmerman family friend Joe Oliver, who is black, and leaks from the Sanford Police Department have helped counter the negative publicity for Zimmerman, NeJame said. “Zimmerman’s attorney doesn’t have to have his fingerprints on it. Other people are doing the work for him,” NeJame added.

NeJame predicted that the public won’t hear from Zimmerman “until the dust has settled” about who is screaming for help on the audio tape.

“Before they want to commit to a position, they want to know, in fact, more,” NeJame said. “Then they can go ahead and address it. To make a statement right now or lock in Mr. Zimmerman’s position and then find out that facts, evidence, the tape or otherwise come up with contrary positions puts you in a dangerous position.”

Viewers are in for another lesson in the law and public relations from the TV analysts. The local stations are returning to a formula that worked: showcasing the analysts who riveted viewers during the Anthony case.

NeJame said that Trayvon’s family are properly addressing the issue in Congress. “People don’t realize this is an NRA — National Rifle Association — backed law, and you heard them incredibly silent, and they’re never silent,” NeJame said.

Those were the analysts I saw Tuesday. I’m sure I’ll see familiar faces on the other channels. WOFL-Channel 35 brought on a new analyst, attorney Aramis Donell Ayala, to explain that the state attorney or the grand jury could bring charges against Zimmerman.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 am

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — ABC News released exclusive surveillance video to WFTV of gunman George Zimmerman at the Sanford Police Department the night he shot Trayvon Martin.

In the surveillance video, a handcuffed Zimmerman was being walked into the building by a group of officers.
Zimmerman claims to have been severely beaten by Martin, but in the video Zimmerman doesn't appear to have any significant injuries.

Martin's girlfriend Dee Dee, who was on the phone with him the night he was killed, told ABC News that he referred to Zimmerman as "creepy," and told her "he's crazy."

It's been more than a month since 17-year-old Martin was killed and only a week since the Department of Justice, the U.S. Attorney's Office and the FBI launched investigations into why Zimmerman shot him.

"The citizens of Sanford will continue to have some idea that their concerns would be heard by an independent agency when they have issues with the Sanford Police Department," said Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte.

Bonaparte announced his request on Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in.

"I am now in the process of talking with the Department of Justice and instituting a mechanism whereby citizens that have concerns or complaints about the Sanford Police Department can have their concerns heard and investigated by an independent agency," said Bonaparte.
Zimmerman claims he shot Martin in self-defense, but now, some state lawmakers want to review Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law because of this case.

The law allows someone to use deadly force if their lives are threatened. Some question if Zimmerman's life really was in danger.

It will be up to State Attorney Angela Corey to determine whether Zimmerman will be charged for Martin's slaying, or whether the case will be given to a grand jury.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 am

Lot's of good info here:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' Empty Jose Baez predicts no conviction in Trayvon Martin case

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 am

Jose Baez, who successfully defended Casey Anthony, has turned prognosticator on the Trayvon Martin case.

In an interview Wednesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Baez said: “I just don’t see a conviction down the line here. I really don’t.”

Baez added: “I distinctly remember hearing on the 911 tape George Zimmerman saying, he’s now walking towards me and he looks like he has got something around his waistband. So there’s some conflicting stories here. … Remember, this is a decision George Zimmerman had to make in a split second. And to go back and to second-guess it, the way we’re doing, it’s a luxury that Mr. Zimmerman didn’t have.”

Zimmerman has said he shot 17-year-old Trayvon in self-defense. The case has riveted the nation and raised questions about racial profiling, Florida’s stand your ground law and even the wearing of hoodies.

Baez discounted the value of a videotape of Zimmerman four hours after the shooting. ABC News first showed the tape Wednesday night.

“If this is subsequent to him receiving treatment from EMT — what’s really important here is under the law you actually don’t have to sustain these type of injuries,” Baez said. “You just have to fear death or great bodily harm. You don’t actually have to have great bodily harm to use deadly force in this scenario.”

And Baez added: “Legally it [the tape] doesn’t seem to be highly relevant. However, it does become relevant if you’re trying to prove a circumstantial set of facts. But you have to take it with a grain of salt, that this is well after the incident after he’s been cleaned up by EMT and after obviously he’s well enough to go to the police department. But actually sustaining these types of injuries it’s not required under the law.”

Baez also focused on the importance of a Florida statute that says a person may not be arrested without probable cause.

“That’s a huge part of what’s going on here,” Baez said. “You have a law enforcement agency and a state attorney that has established that they don’t have enough evidence to reach the level of probable cause. How in the world are you going to get to beyond a reasonable doubt in a situation that happened probably under 60 seconds?”

What did you think of Baez playing legal analyst?

I think the scumbag should hire this scumbag.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Amen to that Wrap. The scumbag should hire the scumbag. good post

I just heard Mike Brooks on HLN, he was also playing legal analyst and brought up two good points. He said that head wounds bleed profusely and if the EMT's treated Zimmerman they would have wrapped the head before they released him to LE. He also noted that in the ABC video that the officers did not have gloves on and if Zimmerman was bleeding profusely from a broken nose and the back of the head they would have gloves on. I'm just saying...
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' Empty Zimmerman's brother

Post by Nama Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:11 am

Right now George Zimmerman's brother is on Piers Morgan Tonight on CNN........on the West coast.
His brother looks so much like George!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 am

I happened to see just a little of it and I saw Zimmerman's Dad's interview on Fox today. I believe that they believe what they were told by their brother/son but it just does not make sense to me. My opinion is it's just too much new info way too late. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't think they look alike at all..in fact, I think the brother is nice looking. But, I agree that the father and brother are drinking the kool-aide!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next