Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

+9
artgal16
mary.cole.144
NiteSpinR
Slys Hunny
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 pm

One comment about the above link:  Never went there before but they appear to be the far right conservative group that also hates Obama.  That said, I read the article about this teen's alleged trouble in school for which he was not suspended as somebody without authority alleges that he should have been.  Granted, many teens experiment with drugs, many are caught with things they shouldn't have brought to school, granted that Martin himself may have experimented with weed and other things, but why has this article about the trial turned into a prosecution of the kid who is the VICTIM and is dead and cannot defend himself against charges made in the media?  Furthermore, I just heard it said this afternoon that Zimmerman's lawyers immediately started releasing all the dirt they could possibly find about Martin to the public when they first got hired to defend Zimmerman, thus hoping to taint the jury pool before members of the public were selected as jurors.  I also heard it said that, what could not be brought up in this trial, could be brought up in a civil case, and that was 2 or more wrongs that Zimmerman has committed previously:  one was domestic violence, and I cannot recall the other, one was settled, the other was dismissed, so Zimmerman is not the epitome of a good citizen either.  But these websites, what is with them?---why seek to defame a murdered victim?

TerryRose

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just found this link, seems to be an old page from the beginning of this case, which details the story that I referred to above. One comment underneath the article intrigues me---the claim that Zimmerman outweighed Martin by about 100 lbs. and he supposedly was able to pin him down to where he screamed for help? That is the first I had heard about that maybe because I wasn't continuously watching the trial?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:11 pm

George Zimmerman’s relevant past

By Jonathan CapehartPublished: May 28 at 3:10 pm

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Zimmerman-Court-224x300
George Zimmerman arriving for a December court hearing. (Reuters)

When George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin the night of Feb. 26, 2012, he ignored an admonition not to do so from the police dispatcher. The request for his arrest, written by the lead detective, noted that Zimmerman’s killing of Trayvon could have been avoided if he’d remained in his vehicle or identified himself “as a concerned citizen.” Just what in Zimmerman’s past might have led him to take these actions and kill an unarmed teenager with a gunshot to the chest is relevant in this case.
What is not relevant is Trayvon’s past. And Judge Debra Nelson made that clear today when shedenied several motions by Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara to introduce the 17-year-old’s suspension from school, past marijuana use and his participation in fights. There’s a possibility that such evidence could make it to trial, but by releasing all the informationlast week, O’Mara ensured that everyone, including potential jurors, knows what lurked in his client’s victim’s past. But thanks to Florida’s incredible sunshine laws, we know a few relevant things about Zimmerman.

In July 2005, he was arrested for“resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining orderagainst him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.
We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”
That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”

George Zimmerman is the one who stands accused of second-degree murder. He, not Trayvon Martin, is the one on trial starting June 10. And who Zimmerman is more relevant to the proceedings than who Trayvon was.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

Please click on the blue self embedded areas for more evidence.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Entire article here...and much more.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 pm

The trial is over and as I've said before, we will hear and read much more about these 2 individuals that was withheld from the Jury and the public. None of it is going to be pretty.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 pm

you can say that again, nite!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 am

The trial is over and as I've said before, we will hear and read much more about these 2 individuals that was withheld from the Jury and the public. None of it is going to be pretty.
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Lmao10
sorry I couldn't resist! LOL!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 am

TerryRose wrote:I don't know if I am right about this, it is just a feeling I have about current events and I will unload it here:

Preface my remarks to say that I am all for the second amendment and the right of the common man to have arms.

In cases like these, I can only wonder if the immense political power of the NRA somehow threatens juries and the courts. Here where I live, I cannot smoke a Doral cigarette even outside on the premises of many businesses without breaking the law, fined, and, if caught more than once, doing jail time. This is all about the nit-picky people who think that one whiff of a smell of tobacco burning many yards away will taint them or kill them from secondhand smoke. But, in these same businesses, within the buildings and without, it is now legal to carry a concealed, loaded handgun or any kind of loaded gun into those establishments. It seems to me the danger to one's life in public places is much greater with the proliferation of loaded weapons than it would be from somebody's lit cigarette, but our lawmakers are very much beholden to the NRA in present times.

The NRA thinkspeak comes out of the mouths of many common folk these days. People seem emboldened and feel more powerful when they announce that they own a gun. It may come to the psychology of "Have gun, anxious to use it" one day. The slaughter through the use of guns increases in major cities. One day, another generation will say, "what have you done to us?...what were you thinking?"

All who have posted above are on the same page as I am---I think when they play at being a cop, enforcing their own rules, they are vigilantes and anarchists and start to act just like those who shoot up schools and theatres, marching to the beat of their own drums, enforcing whatever it is in their own minds that is "the law", a law unto themselves and, in their minds, they are always right no matter what the outcome. He still has no remorse for the taking of the kid's life, he still thinks he was right to do so. He even thinks it was God's plan?---I wonder what god he worships. My "God does not will that any soul should perish".

Nite, I think there is something to fate, but I also believe that we return here to change it for the better. Fate might bring us together to solve a problem, but the outcome can be changed by us because we have free will to change it and this is the way we work out our individual karma on the skein of time.

BB Me!

TR, TR. Hard to find words to respond to you on this.

First you say that you are "all for the second amendment and the right of the common man to have arms." Then you start blasting the NRA. You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. What I have to say to you is that you had better start getting prepared to protect yourself, because from my experience you never now when harm is going to come to you. I am just in my own home, minding my own business when these jerks come trying to break-in to my home and rob us. You had better believe that I am now taking classes to learn how to protect myself. January 4, I ask LE if they would arrest me if I went after them to get a license number in my pj's as both of my incidents have happened in the morning, to me at least. He just laughed and said no. The first time they had gloves on so that LE could not get any fingerprints. They know what they are doing. They are probably hopped up on drugs, have such bad habits to support that they have to go out and commit their crimes. Problem is that I cannot even hardly speak as I am so frightened and I don't think fast enough, I just want to hide and want them to go away and leave me alone. I should have gone after the U-haul in January to get the license plate number, but of course, I didn't think of it fast enough. Guess I am going to have to sleep and stay in street clothes with my car key and paper and pencil attached to me so I am ready to go. In my CCW Course, they told me that they firmly believe that they are armed when they do these crimes. If you still want to Pfff sign this notion off that it cannot happen to you or anyone else then I seriously think that it should happen to you, as you need to experience the fear. Keep in mind TR that the criminals have and will always be able to get guns to use for their crimes. There is nothing wrong with the NRA and they is nothing wrong with men or women trying to protect themselves. No sane person would want to shoot and kill another person. But when it comes to you or them, are you just going to stand there and let them have at you.

I just deleted an article earlier about a mother that had a man break-in to her home and beat the daylights out of her. She just stood there and took it because she had children in the home with her. IIRC, she took it because she did not want him getting to her children, hopefully. Her face was horrid from the continual beating that her was given.

Here is a link about another incident that happened in New York. It just keeps getting worse.

On our late news, just tonight they briefly talked about a break-in, probably about 10 minutes from me that happened this evening around 6:00p.m. I will not go into details, but will post the article from our newspaper.

Again, daylight hours. I feel for that young girl as I have twice experienced the fear that she felt. The last time neighbor across the street told her sons that we were probably just moving something when her sons told her that a u-haul truck was at our house. Wrong. I do have pictures of the footprints in the snow going to my back room. (That did not do me any good at all.) I cannot see my whole driveway so I had no idea that there was a u-haul truck or two men that morning. Lucky for me, we had just talked to our neighbor in the grocery store on a Saturday evening. He was telling us that he was thinking of doing the CCW course and getting protection, because someone he knew had had their home broken into and ransacked. Two days later he is the one that saw the u-haul truck pull into our driveway and of course after our conversation, he paid very close attention and saw that the two men got out of the truck at the same time and he was in a position that he saw the man heading to the back of our home and looking in. I was in my home and had no idea about that. I heard the knock at my front door and was able to peek and see who it was. A white male that I did not know. I should have grabbed the shot gun and gone to the door right then. No way am I opening my door to someone that I don't know. Not in this day and age. Second time he knocked, my phone also rang, my thoughts were that they had my phone number also. I ran back to the front window just as the u-haul was pulling out of my driveway. I was told by my neighbors that they had backed it up to my home. I firmly believe that the man at the back of my house saw my neighbor looking at him and that is why they abruptly left, after the second time the one knocked on my front door. They were not wanting directions as they did not stop at anyone else's home. MOO! It was my neighbor that we had talked to 2 days earlier that was calling to tell me that he was on his way over. Thank God he was watching out for me that morning. The neighbor across the street said next time she is calling 911 first, then me. Neighbor on the other side was home that day also and saw the U-Haul pass her window, but had no idea what had just happened next door to her. MO, they are very bold to try to break into a home when they clearly see neighbor's vehicles in the driveway. To me that is an indication that they are home.
On the other hand, people do not pay attention to what is going on around them anymore. We are not used to having people try to break-in to our homes, just the outside barnes and cars. That happens a lot. I still have a lot to learn and I am now learning how to protect myself. I am not taking this sitting down.

"Here where I live, I cannot smoke a Doral cigarette even outside on the premises of many businesses without breaking the law, fined, and, if caught more than once, doing jail time. This is all about the nit-picky people who think that one whiff of a smell of tobacco burning many yards away will taint them or kill them from secondhand smoke."

"This is all about the nit-picky people who think that one whiff of a smell of tobacco burning many yards away will taint them or kill them from secondhand smoke."

Really TR, I am not surprised at your name calling. I am not a nit picky person, and no the smoke was not many yards away and yes it can kill people from the secondhand smoke. Jeeze!

TR, people can smoke around here, outside and I am so glad of that. I was really tired of smokers blowing their smoke in my face along with my children's faces. Some would hold their cigarettes back so as not to have the smoke in their own faces or in the faces of those that they were with. I used to smoke but do not anymore and I don't want it in my face or on my clothes anymore. It is your right to smoke, if you wish, but don't inflict it on me. I was so glad that law was put into place. It is horrible for a non-smoker to have to try to stay in a hotel room that someone has smoked in also. The smell is everywhere and they cannot mask it as hard as they try to. You would not notice this because you are still smoking. Your right to smoke and my right not to have it blown in my space also. A no win situation, I guess. I know of only one restaurant that does not permit their employees to go out and smoke on their property. Diners are permitted to do so. The employees just go and get in their cars, leave the property and do their smoking and then return, leaving their customers to maybe want for something. My father lost one lung when he was 75. He had not smoked for 25 years at least, but was a heavy smoker when he did smoke. He was around second-hand smoke all the time. Sorry, I do believe in that. I now have heard that a friend in another state is on oxygen now and is now on disability. She would not quit smoking either. I am not saying that you do not have the right to smoke, so don't take my words that way.

"I think when they play at being a cop, enforcing their own rules, they are vigilantes and anarchists and start to act just like those who shoot up schools and theatres, marching to the beat of their own drums, enforcing whatever it is in their own minds that is "the law", a law unto themselves and, in their minds, they are always right no matter what the outcome. He still has no remorse for the taking of the kid's life, he still thinks he was right to do so. He even thinks it was God's plan?---I wonder what god he worships. My "God does not will that any soul should perish"."

Again, really TR! The ones that shoot up schools and theaters, marching to the beat of their own drums, enforcing whatever it is in their own minds that is "the law" unto themselves and, in their minds, they are always right no matter what the outcome, as you said above. Really, do you not realize that they are mentally ill people that have no right having a weapon in the first place. I am sure you are referring to Zimmerman again also. You just won't understand that the neighborhood had been having break-in/robberies and they got together to form a neighborhood watch. I don't blame them either. We are watching out for each other here also. Who is going to do this for you, if you don't yourself. Where did you get the above fact that you stated that he had no remorse for the taking of the kid's life? He was protecting himself from Trayvon on top of him, beating him in his face and banging his head on the pavement. I guess you would have just laid their and taken that. If he had not had a weapon to protect himself, Trayvon probably would have continued to beat him and bash his head until he died. He was protecting himself.

In the article that I read about the Skittles, Arizona Watermelon Drink and the Robitussin Dm that creates the "Lean" that is used to get high on, it also said that that is causes psychosis and aggression. Another thought that I have, is just where did this 17 year old kid that was getting into trouble, being kicked out of school, being kicked out of his mother's home get the money to buy this stuff. Did anyone ever question this? I am not aware of it if they did.

I sure hope that every parent, school administrator, teacher is made aware of this "Lean", so that they are ready to deal with it when it hits their child or school. What else is out there that we are not aware of. Kids bringing guns to school, drugs, smoked in the restrooms, now this "Lean"?

"He even thinks it was God's plan?---I wonder what god he worships. My "God does not will that any soul should perish"."

Where did you get this statement from? TR, does your God will that you should just take the beating and head bashing from another person and just lay there and take this? Really. That is not even human nature to lay there and take that. Would you TR, really, would you??????

Again, my thoughts are that this was unfortunate, but I still believe that Zimmerman was protecting himself from the attack from Trayvon Martin and protecting his neighborhood.

I guess you must think that I should just lay back and let these criminals break-in to my house and do whatever they want to me, including a possible rape, which does happen also. Give me your address and I will gladly send them your way, since I feel that you don't think that it can happen to you.

Also, you speak of people having guns in stores. For your own information, the CCW people are NOT the ones causing trouble, it is the Criminals that get them illegally. I was told of an incident, maybe six months ago, around here, about a man who stole a woman's purse in a Walmart parking lot. Just so happened that a lady in the row over in the parking lot had a CCW License and had her gun with her. She jumped in her can and quickly got to the incident and very strongly, with her weapon out, told the man to give the purse back to the woman. He did. I hope that I can get the courage to be brave like that myself, someday if needed. I have been approached by so many people in parking lots around here that I am totally sick of it. They are drug addicts and desperate for money to support their habits and you better be prepared.

" our lawmakers are very much beholden to the NRA in present times" Another statement that I do not understand where you are coming from. It seems to me that the NRA is having to fight the lawmakers for our right to have arms and for the Second Amendment in our Constitution. Some lawmakers are fighting to take that away from the law abiding citizens, when again, I will state that the criminals will always have access to acquire their weapons illegally.

TR, I am not even going to waste my time commenting to one of your last post. You will never see or even look at the other side of things. Trayvon was not an innocent teenager as I said before.

Still making your comments about the "far right" anything.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 am

raine1953 wrote:I am so sick of this crap. Living in L.A. all my life this is such typical behavior. BUT, this was a break off group, most of the people were older, much wiser and were not violent. This was a group of young people and they sure don't do anything for *their cause*, personally I think it's just an excuse to run amok. I saw one woman running holding a child's hand, he looked like he was about eight. What a role model that female was.
I've had my say.
All MOO of course.

Raine,  

You made me question what I was responding to you about.  I had to go back and take a look. I thought that I had responded to you by accident. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO  But, I am glad that I was able to make you ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO for the day.  It is good for you to laugh Raine.  rocking smile 

Enjoy your grandchildren.  The flu this time of year, who would have guessed, but I do keep hearing people saying the same thing around here.   A's Doctor thinks that she had the "Fifth's Disease". They don't know who she was around that could have given it to her.  Her daddy had it when he was in the early elementary school years and I had no idea where he got it either, other than school, as it had just let out. His doctor also thought that was what he had, covered with a rash out of nowhere. The rash is the clue, I guess. I tried to get dil to call and tell her doctor that A's doctor thought that she had the "Fifth's Disease".  I guess it can possibly harm an unborn baby. I am not sure if she has done that yet.

Hope you are feeling okay.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 am

PFF, PFF, hard to find words to what you posted for me also.....
I had difficulty trying to copy and paste a few things---or highlight----and I am pressed for time right now, but you asked where I got a few things from:

About the matter of Z saying it was in God's plan that he shot and killed M, it was from his own mouth in that interview he gave on TV.

I never smoke inside any public place, nor right by a door to same, it is just polite not to, but the "nitpicky" do not want to even have a smoker in their view even if they cannot even smell it from that far away. The area I am in has gotten extreme in this regard, but liberal about guns in all public places, even those serving alcohol. There are accidents with guns from time to time in these public places, making me fear for children in these places and I feel they are not as safe for the children as they once were because of it.

I too have had the irrational fear all of my life about burglars and I do not know why. I always make sure my doors are locked and, when sleeping or away, the easiest access doors are barred----the bars are about $20 in the catalogs, you might look into that if you want a little more security, because they would certainly delay a burglar enough to give you some time to call the police....just a little helpful hint from me to you. My neighbors had break-ins while they were away from home and chose to have a security service, another very good hint for someone who fears being burglarized.

I disagree with the NRA---yes----they will not allow any control or regulation to take place in Congress or in my state, meaning there is no hope for background checks or to prevent mentally ill from getting guns from gun shows where there are no background checks either and sales are private and anyone can buy them there. I also want to see a ban on assault weapons which have been used in the mass slaughters of innocents and children that we have seen in recent years. These weapons are not used for hunting and legitimate purposes at all, they are military-style weapons for use in killing the most people in the shortest time possible. Many people who are stockpiling these weapons are neo-nazis, survivalists, or subversive groups, and their intentions are, that in the event of a major catastrophe in this country, they will not only protect what they have in the case of the survivalists, but they would use those weapons to kill us to take what the rest of us have. In the case of the other subversive groups, they fully intend to seize the opportunity that presents itself one day to overthrow our government and assert themselves as our leaders. To prove your own point, the NRA gets in the way of making sure that the mentally ill do not possess lethal weapons---they will not permit passage of any sensible gun control measures that YOU and I would like to see happen.

TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 am

"If you still want to Pfff sign this notion off that it cannot happen to you or anyone else then I seriously think that it should happen to you, as you need to experience the fear" ...quote pff directed to TR:

I object to you wishing bad upon me, pff.  Let me explain that you are directing this comment to a person who has suffered greatly because of the misdeeds of others and narrowly escaped death when I was 29 years old because of the misdeeds of others.  I do not wish to talk about these things anymore, but, after much questioning of why these bad things always were happening to me, and, after years of reading spiritual things from many different sources, I came to some conclusions about this.  One thing that I started doing back then was refusing to absorb other people's bad thoughts and deeds.  By that I mean, if someone curses me or in any way wishes harm upon me, I have ever since that time, prayed that whatever they wished upon me fall back upon them instead.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Empty NOT Happening Here!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 am

There will be NO "thinking that bad things should or could happen to another VH member" on this board. Period.

1. If you disagree with a poster, that is fine; (If we all thought the exact same things it would be a Very Dull World!! ) however..NO rudeness of any kind ON THE PUBLIC FORUM. You are welcome to take it to a PM. NO gay bashing or bigoted statements. ABSOLUTELY NO cursing God. NO CURSING ANOTHER POSTER. Period. If I notice a poster being continually rude, that person will be warned one time. Two times and that member will be banned. And, if you feel someone is continually being rude to you, you can always PM me.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Vinnie is hosting NG as I type and Rachel is on.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks Wrap, I just turned it there.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 pm

She looks so different..I can't get over it. I hope no one takes this the wrong way b/c I sure don't mean this in a divisive way but ever her skin tone is lighter. It's mind boggling what make up can do. AND, more importantly, she seems a lot more coherent. Poor thing..she was a nervous wreck..who can blame her? I can't imagine being on the stand in a high profile murder case!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 am

Yes, I agree and then that defense lawyer West was pretty mean to her.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 am

I saw a major portion of this re-ran later and she has better lighting upon her, thus showing her more nicely than she was depicted in the courtroom.  Also, I think everyone can understand her being a teenager and not knowing how to deal with 5 1/2 hours of being badgered by attorneys who were practicing before she was even born.  She seems to be a sweet and honest person.  Too bad that at least one Juror thought her not credible.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 am

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

I wonder if Vinnie Politan was subbing for Nancy last night because they decided to give her a few nights off after her disgusting racial profiling here?

samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm

I didn't see that as 'racial profiling'. She never mentioned 'race'. She simply said GZ is alive. Period.

From what I've read, Ms. Disgrace is on vaca.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:50 pm

p.s. Had Nurmi or Wilma said 'and give Hodi back her life' when Alexander is dead, it's the same thing. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:17 pm

But why can NG say on live TV, Z has his life, he drives thru' Taco Bell every night and orders churros.... (very close to the words she used). I surely do not like that remark by her! MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Exactly, Raine, the comment about Z driving through Taco Bell every night and ordering churros is definitely racial profiling. Wrong no matter what race you are doing it against.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I heard the 'Taco Bell' part but missed the churros which I have no clue what the hay they are.

Now this:
Joey Jackson Fans
**********IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM JOEY**********

"I love the support and encouragement I get from you all.

Nancy Grace just got an interview with Trayvon Martin's parents. In light of that, my appearance tonight is cancelled. Her interview will air on Friday and its going to be a GREAT show-- as will tonight's, hosted by Nancy Grace herself, so please tune in.

Thanks so much for all you do. It's a wonderful blessing to have such positive, loving & kind people in my corner." :-)

~Joey

Admin/Sharon

Although we are deeply disappointed in the cancellation of Joey hosting tonight, we do understand the circumstances. Thanks to all of our wonderful fans for the excitement and anticipation of tonight's show. It is greatly appreciated!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Guess Nance is back from vaca?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 pm

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Onalim10
IMO all the racial profiling had been committed by the Media.

The Juror who spoke to Anderson Cooper stated that it didn't matter what race Trayvon was, she believes Zimmerman would have reacted the same. The RACE of the two never was part of the conversations while the Jury deliberated over the evidence.

And just to put this out there... Zimmerman had as much right to be out walking in that area in the rain as Trayvon did.
Yes he had a gun and was licensed to carry it. I highly doubt he knew Trayvon's age when he was patrolling his neighborhood, while he was being assaulted or even after he fired his weapon in self defense. 

I'm sure Trayvon's parent's see the verdict as injustice for their son, as I'm sure I would if I were in that same position.

It is unfortunate that Trayvon felt violence was the solution, as I don't believe Zimmerman would have ever displayed or used his gun if the encounter hadn't turned violent.

It seems we all have similar and differing opinions about this case. It's good that we are civil enough to voice our opinions here.

We are simply going to have to agree to disagree... AND MOVE ON!
I myself will not continue to post articles, facts, information or opinions about this tragedy any further, so there's no use refuting what I've posted. I'm not going to defend my opinions or try to sway others to change theirs.

As far as Nancy Grace is concerned "YES" Sam I agree her statement was extremely racist towards the Hispanic Community. Apparently there's confusion as to whether George Zimmerman is White or Hispanic now.

At one time NG may have been an asset to HLN, but in my opinion those days are long gone.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Agree wholeheartedly about NG. I did NOT connect Taco Bell to GZ. Maybe I'm daft? But when it was brought up by Raine I then got it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 pm

GZ is actually half Peruvian and half white, so the media has been calling him hispanic. ITA on NG, when she's not talking over people, she's insulting them. Good idea, Nite, to just agree to disagree on this case and move on. I'm sick of hearing about it on TV every night!

(Never thought I'd miss HLN droning on about Stabby. LOL)
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 pm

(Never thought I'd miss HLN droning on about Stabby. LOL)
-------------
agreed agreed agreed ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO 
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm

I agree with you about HLN and add CNN and MSNBC to the category of carrying live coverage night and day of one case in the nation that somehow grabs the attention of the media and becomes high-profile, neglecting all the gigantic amount of news about everything else going on in the country while they do this. Prior to the Zimmerman trial, it was Arias morning, noon, and night. They simply do not need this duplication of coverage of only one issue of any kind, except for a national emergency of course.

I do not keep up with NG anymore because of the above reason and I don't know---does she live there where Z lives and see him every night driving to Taco Bell and seeing what he orders?---If not, she goes against her training as an attorney, it would seem to me, to make embellishing statements that she has no knowledge of. Maybe she needs a rest, like you say. We always gave her credit for bringing some cases before the public eye, cases that would've languished and grew cold without her exposing them before the nation, but maybe now she is just getting older and more tired....?

I still say, TM felt threatened by Z in the first place and reacted in self-defense mode when he threw that punch at his stalker....that is my opinion, and because TM is dead and cannot talk, there is no way of hearing his story and the absolute truth will forever be between TM, Z, and God Himself.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying that GZ is half Peruvian. When I saw his parents being interviewed it appeared his Dad was Caucasian and his Mom was Hispanic. I never thought of South American.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:20 pm

The media took this and ran with it from the beginning. Now they are doing the same thing. I am sick to death of hearing on my local news 'protesting again tonight, will there be violence?'.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:55 pm

YOUR local news? Try living near Orlando/Sanford! It's RIDICULOUS!

TR, I completely agree with every word you said.

I am so use to hearing NG spew her words I did not catch the racial profiling inference w/the 'Taco Bell' at all. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 pm

I do not keep up with NG anymore because of the above reason and I don't know---does she live there where Z lives and see him every night driving to Taco Bell and seeing what he orders?
----------------
I know you were being facetious TR but Dis-Grace lives in GA don't ya know. LOL.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:05 pm

My observation last night on Anderson Cooper interview with TM's parents:  His parents appear to be lovely people, very respectable, and I saw no trace that their demeanor was "put on" for the cameras.  With a family like his, this kid had every possibility of finishing his growth into manhood and leading a very worthwhile life that would have been an asset to his community and society in some way.  What a shame that he had no chance to grow up.

He was only 21 days past his 17th birthday, by the way, still very much a kid at only a little over 16 years old and a junior in high school.

His parents impressed me very much as people I would like to know, their demeanor and their reasoning skills throughout the interview were just so very good after all they have been through that I was left in awe of them.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

Monday
Trayvon’s Parents, Zimmerman’s Best Friend: The Verdict Reaction
The shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin sent shockwaves through the country last year and sparked huge debate over whether the gunman, George Zimmerman’s, life was truly in danger at the time. Recently, many were stunned when a jury of six women acquitted Zimmerman of second-degree murder and all other charges, and protests ignited across the country. Did the justice system fail? Or was justice served? Dr. Phil is joined by human rights activist Martin Luther King III, who weighs in on the verdict and what has become one of the biggest civil rights debates since the Rodney King incident. Then, criminal defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh and journalist and host of TV One’s new show News One Now Roland Martin join the discussion. Hear their insight into the not guilty verdict. Plus, what does the future hold for Zimmerman? Dr. Phil weighs in.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Empty George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 am

By MATT GUTMAN and ALEXIS SHAW | Good Morning America – 7 hours ago

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.
Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of Dana and Mark Gerstle and their two children, who were trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.
By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.
Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said.
It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his controversial acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.

The acquittal prompted dozens of protests across the country this past weekend and his lawyers have said that Zimmerman has been the subject of death threats. His lawyers said Zimmerman has been wearing a bullet-proof vest when he ventures out in public.
Zimmerman's parents told ABC News' Barbara Walters they too have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home.
Zimmerman's Parents in Hiding from 'Enormous Amount of Death Threats': ABC News Exclusive
"We have had an enormous amount of death threats. George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats," Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman said."'Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' -- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."
An indication of the animosity toward Zimmerman is the number of threatening phone calls being received by a woman in Winter Park, Fla.
Lori Tankel told ABCNews.com that someone had incorrectly posted her cell phone number online thinking it was Zimmerman's. She said she started receiving threatening calls within an hour after the jury had reached a verdict on July 13.
"They were saying things like, 'Zimmerman? Is this George? We're going to get you, we're going to kill you,'" she said.
Her cell phone number is only one digit off from Zimmerman's, she said.
Tankel said she received at least 80 phone calls within one day of the jury's not guilty verdict. While the threats died down during the week, she said they ramped right back up again on Friday and continued through the weekend.
"Those phone calls were extremely malicious," she said. "I think at that point, they kind of knew it wasn't George Zimmerman's number, but they were still going to harass me."
Tankel said she initially reported the threatening calls to the the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, but was told to follow up with law enforcement in Orange County, Fla., where she lives, to file a report, she said.
But Tankel she said she won't be changing her number anytime soon.
"I'm a sales representative for several different horse-related companies, and I have five states in my territory," she said. "To change business cards and contact everybody, it's not that simple.

I commend GZ for helping this poor family and I think the death threats are RIDICULOUS! MOO! No matter what we personally feel about this outcome, it's Done! Let him be. Let his family and friends be.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 Empty Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by raine1953 Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 pm

(CNN) -- A juror in the George Zimmerman trial says she feels the man who killed Trayvon Martin "got away with murder."
"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Juror B29 told ABC, according to an article posted on the network's website Thursday. "(But) the law couldn't prove it."
The juror, who used only her first name of Maddy out of concerns for her safety, told ABC that she and others on the panel felt Zimmerman was guilty, but that wasn't enough.
"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," she said. "But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."
Maddy is the second juror to speak about the high-profile case since the six-person, all-female jury acquitted Zimmerman earlier this month.
She and other jurors also have identified themselves by their numbers from the jury pool.

Last week the woman known as Juror B37 told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" that Zimmerman "didn't do anything unlawful" and was "justified" in shooting 17-year-old Martin last year.
Zimmerman has been out of the public eye since the jury found him not guilty of second degree murder on July 13. His parents told ABC News last week that their family has received an "enormous amount of death threats."
He fatally shot Martin in the Sanford, Florida, neighborhood where Zimmerman and Martin's father lived in February 2012. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, had a confrontation with the unarmed African-American teen after calling police to report a suspicious person, and he said he shot Martin in self-defense.
The case became a flash point in debates over racial profiling, and thousands attended vigils across the country over the weekend, decrying the verdict.
Martin's father goes to Capitol Hill
Maddy, 36, is Puerto Rican and a mother of eight children, ABC said. She was the only minority to deliberate in the case. She told ABC that the case was never about race to her.
At the beginning of deliberations, she told ABC, she wanted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder. But she realized on the second day of deliberations that there wasn't enough proof to convict him of murder or the lesser charge of manslaughter.
"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said, according to ABC.
Juror B37 told CNN that the jury was initially split -- three and three along the line of guilt. Juror B37 was among those who believed Zimmerman was not guilty from the start.
She stressed that she and the other jurors took their responsibility seriously.
"I don't want people to think that we didn't think about this, and we didn't care about Trayvon Martin, because we did. We're very sad that it happened to him," she said.
Juror B29 told ABC that the decision is still weighing heavily on her, and she thinks she owes Martin's parents an apology.
"It's hard for me to sleep, it's hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin's death," she told ABC. "And as I carry him on my back, I'm hurting as much (as) Trayvon Martin's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain."
George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 8 130725161624-juror-b-29-story-top
Juror B29 from the George Zimmerman trial, center, appears on "Good Morning America" on Thursday
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Just like many from TLMS  case.

Welcome to Florida!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Watch More of the Interview Thursday on "World News" at 6:30 p.m. ET and on "Nightline" at 12:35 a.m. ET, and then on Friday on "Good Morning America" at 7 a.m. ET

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Well, he DID get away with murder!
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 pm

ITA I am sick of hearing and seeing anything about Zimmerman. I detest so much this man, you just can't imagine. The WHOLE THING could have been avoided if he had JUST IDENTIFIED HIMSELF A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH when he stepped out of his truck. (Which I also agree he should never have done). And I doubt the rules of Neighborhood Watch is to leave the house packin' heat, "just in case". Sounds like vigilantism at it's best.
Oh, and ok'd by law enforcement.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 pm

I am so over it. You can read up thread for my opinions. I am sick to death of the media making sure we still have it practically 24/7! It does not matter what side it is, they have it fueled for both sides and trouble brews. I wish the media would just cap their mouths. If this thing goes further legally later then that's the only time I think the media needs to run with it a little. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am

I can't quote or edit, so this is to Raine: That juror who said she carries Trayvon on her back since the trial b/c she was a juror, She said she feels as much pain as Trayvon's mother.....I have news for this juror, and I wish I could tell her to her face. NO WAY she feels 1/1000000 as bad as Trayvon's mother. Not even in the same ballpark. You can't possibly say you know how a grieving mother feels, let alone say you feel the same. We all feel bad for Ms Martin, and Trayvons dad too, but nobody comes close to knowing how they feel unless they have lost a child themselves. That's just the way it is.
JMO

Hippy
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:21 am

Well said Hippy!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next