Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

+9
artgal16
mary.cole.144
NiteSpinR
Slys Hunny
Praying For Faith
lisette
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't think they look alike at all..in fact, I think the brother is nice looking. But, I agree that the father and brother are drinking the kool-aide!

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty What was this man thinking?

Post by Nama Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 pm

NBC News has fired a producer for editing a recording of George Zimmerman's call to police the night he shot Trayvon Martin, a person with direct knowledge of the matter said Saturday.
The person was not authorized to talk about the situation publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The identity of the producer was not disclosed.
An NBC spokeswoman declined to comment.
The producer's dismissal followed an internal investigation that led to NBC apologizing for having aired the misleading audio.
NBC's Today show first aired the edited version of Zimmerman's call on March 27. The recording viewers heard was trimmed to suggest that Zimmerman volunteered to police, with no prompting, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."
But the portion of the tape that was deleted had the 911 dispatcher asking Zimmerman if the person who had raised his suspicion was "black, white or Hispanic," to which Zimmerman responded, "He looks black."
Later that night of Feb. 26, the 17-year-old Martin was fatally shot by Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford, Fla. Though Martin was unarmed, Zimmerman told police he fired in self-defense after Martin attacked him.
Questions subsequently have arisen over whether Zimmerman was racially profiling the teen, a theory the edited version of the tape seemed to support.
On Tuesday, NBC said its investigation turned up "an error made in the production process that we deeply regret." It promised that "necessary steps" would be taken "to prevent this from happening in the future" and apologized to viewers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Re: George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder'

Post by Nama Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm

I wish that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would both go home and leave this to law enforcement. The both of them are right there fueling the fire ....the same as this reporter from NBC. We need the TRUTH! regardless of who is determined to be at fault when it comes out!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 pm

I agree with every single word you just said BJ. I hope the truth comes out somehow I doubt it and I sure hope I'm wrong!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 am

I agree also with BJ and raine.

Yes, they are just fueling the fire.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm

That NBC producer is just as bad as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. People, no matter what their race, need to STOP fueling the fires of this tragedy and allow the truth to come out. I have to wonder if this producer was black.

We all, no matter what race, can think what we want and I do NOT blame Trevon's parents for all they are doing to get justice, but the media and the likes of AS (ASS in my book) and JJ and that producer are not helping at all!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Special prosecutor will skip the grand jury

Post by Nama Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm

A grand jury will not look into the Trayvon Martin death, a special prosecutor said Monday, eliminating the possibility of a first-degree murder charge and leaving the decision of whether to charge the teen's shooter in her hands alone.

Angela Corey said her decision had no bearing on whether she would file charges against George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who has said he shot the unarmed black teen in self-defense. Corey could still decide to charge him with a serious felony such as manslaughter, which can carry a lengthy prison sentence.

The case has led to protests across the U.S. and spurred a debate about race and the laws of self-defense. Martin was black; Zimmerman's father is white and his mother is Hispanic.

Zimmerman has claimed self-defense in the Feb. 26 confrontation and shooting. Florida's self-defense law gives wide leeway to use deadly force and eliminates a person's duty to retreat in the face of danger.

A grand jury had been set to meet Tuesday. Corey has long had a reputation for not using grand juries if it wasn't necessary. In Florida, only first-degree murder cases require the use of grand juries.

Corey's decision means she doesn't have to rely on potentially unpredictable jurors, said David Hill, an Orlando criminal defense attorney.

"Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she knows there isn't enough for first-degree murder but she wants to maintain control and charge him with something else," Hill said. "What does she need a grand jury for? She cuts out the unpredictability of the grand jury. She goes where she feels she has more evidence."

Corey took over the case last month after the prosecutor who normally handles cases out of the city of Sanford recused himself. That prosecutor, Norm Wolfinger, had originally called for the case to be presented before a grand jury.

"From the moment she was assigned, Ms. Corey noted she may not need a grand jury," said a statement from Corey's office.

Prosecutors sometimes use grand juries to avoid the political fallout from controversial cases. But Corey was elected by voters more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) away, so political problems are less of an issue, Hill said.

An attorney for Martin's parents said in a statement that he is not surprised by the decision to avoid the grand jury and hopes a decision is reached soon.

"The family has been patient throughout this process and asks that those who support them do the same during this very important investigation," said attorney Benjamin Crump.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm not judging this woman one way or another but there's NO way I would want this case just squarely on my shoulders! I hope she's able to make a just decision on it and w/ the public being so passionate I wouldn't want to be in her shoes!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 pm

She sure has one heck of a decision to make and would imagine expects backlash no matter what she decides.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Zimmerman's attorney's will speak within the half hour. Tune in to CNN HLN.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Zimmerman is asking for donations

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:21 pm

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Florida, has created a website to communicate to his supporters and solicit funds for his legal defense and living expenses, now that he has been forced into hiding and thus unable to work.

The homepage of the website, TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com, features an American flag background, and an introductory essay that begins:

"On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."

Zimmerman writes that other defense and legal funds created in his name have not benefited him. He promises that donations to a PayPal account linked to the new site will be used "only for living expenses and legal defense."

The site is peppered with quotations attributed to American statesman Thomas Paine, playwright Henrik Ibsen, and James Loewen, a historian who has argued, among other things, that racism was incorrectly downplayed as a root cause of the Civil War.

In a section of the site called "The Facts," Zimmerman says that he "cannot discuss the details of the event on February 26th" because he must allow law enforcement "to proceed with their investigation unhindered."

A separate section titled "My Race," contains no discussion of the way he identifies himself. Family and friends have noted that Zimmerman's mother is Latina, and thus, a minority like his victim, Trayvon Martin.

Instead, Zimmerman's "Race" page contains two quotations. The first, attributed to Paine, states:

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion."

The second is from philosopher Edmund Burke:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing."

Zimmerman admits that he shot Martin, whom he had identified to police as a suspicious person in his neighborhood, but says he did so in self-defense. Zimmerman has not been charged with a crime, triggering outrage and protests nationwide. Fearing for his safety, Zimmerman has disappeared from the public eye.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks BJ, I have CNN on.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 pm

The lawyers are stepping down..they've lost contact with him. Go figure. I bet he w/hire Bozo!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Zimmerman's attorney's have lost contact with him and have QUIT! They still believe he acted in self defense, but don't have any idea where he is and he hasn't been contacting them. George won't return their calls.....again, they don't know where he is.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm listening to this too, very interesting BJ.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 pm

What an ungrateful SOB!! They were even setting up a website for him. Zimmerman contacted that idiot, Shawn Hannity from FOX.

These attorney's worked their butt off to help him and he blows them off????? Unreal!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm

They said that Hannity wouldn't share with them what Zimmerman told him off the record. No wonder they're withdrawing!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Hannity is such an ass!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 pm

I agree with that 100% Wrap!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 pm

The younger of the two lawyers justs said he's never met with him face to face, that he's only met family. Interesting.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm

They've never met him and they Still want to represent him? My goodness!! And, they still believe in him.

If I ever get into trouble, I want these attorneys.

Zimmerman and TMLS (who was mentioned) would get along like two peas in a pod. Neither have one shred of a guilty conscious!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm

BTW, CNN/HLN just hired Mark Nejame as their new legal analyst.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Trayvon Martin: Attorneys say Zimmerman contacted prosecutor, Sean Hannity

6:00 p.m. EST, April 10, 2012|
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

The two men who have been George Zimmerman's most outspoken defenders, attorneys Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner, said today that they're off the case.

"On Sunday, we lost track of George, in that he would not return our calls," attorney Uhrig said. Said attorney Craig Sonner, "I've lost contact with him at this point."

The lawyers had been publicly representing Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, in the media for weeks as calls for his arrest grew.

But they said Tuesday that Zimmerman — who, they say, has left the state — has stopped answering their phone calls, and has made a series of decisions that the two lawyers would not have advised.

The lawyers said Zimmerman called Sean Hannity of Fox News without consulting them. He also called the special prosecutor in the case, something the attorneys said they'd never have told him to do.

"We were a bit astonished," Uhrig said. He praised Special Prosecutor Angela Corey's office for declining to speak with Zimmerman without legal counsel.

Asked about Hannity's interactions with Zimmerman, a Fox News Channel spokeswoman said the issue "will be addressed on Hannity's show tonight."

He added that he thinks Zimmerman is going through post-traumatic stress and is "largely alone... he's at least emotionally alone." Sonner said that he'd be willing to represent Zimmerman again in the future, if Zimmerman were to get back in contact with him.

Both lawyers were adamant that they still believe Zimmerman is innocent, and defended his actions on the night of the shooting at length when questioned by reporters.

However, they said they can't represent him without being in communication with him. According to Uhrig, Zimmerman had begun characterizing the lawyers as "legal advisors," not his attorneys.

"I'm not sure what the distinction is, but in his mind there's a distinction," Uhrig said.

Zimmerman has been in hiding since the shooting. His former lawyers said Tuesday that Zimmerman is still in the United States, but not in Florida. Both lawyers were repeatedly prodded on his location.

Said Uhrig: "I will not tell you where George Zimmerman is, because I don't know."

Attorney Benjamin Crump, representing Trayvon's family, said he was alarmed to hear that.

"The family is deeply concerned that George Zimmerman is unaccounted for," Crump said. "They worry he may be a flight risk if he does indeed face charges."

Or, he may take that 9mm and blow his head off. I think he's a nut case!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I dont get it why are they letting him leave the state? I get so mad when I hear about this case. He should be in jail until they know what really happened.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Slys Hunny wrote:I dont get it why are they letting him leave the state? I get so mad when I hear about this case. He should be in jail until they know what really happened.
I think someone should be keeping track of Zimmerman too, but he hasn't been arrested or charged so he has a right to go anywhere he chooses.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Someone on JVM just joked that a physic dog told him that Bozo would be the new attorney for George Zimmerman. Bravo
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

BJ wrote:Someone on JVM just joked that a physic dog told him that Bozo would be the new attorney for George Zimmerman. Bravo
lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Announcement from prosecutor's office within the next 72 hours

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Within the next 72 hours there will be an announcement from the prosecutor's office about the Trayvon Martin case. The media will have a 3 hour notice before the meeting takes place.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I just heard that too BJ, on NG. So by Friday.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

lindamarie wrote:
BJ wrote:Someone on JVM just joked that a physic dog told him that Bozo would be the new attorney for George Zimmerman. Bravo
lol

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Bozo was on Dr Drew tonight and was asked, with a smile on Drew's face, if he was going to be Zimmerman's new attorney. Bozo just laughed it off. Bozo thought it was awful that Zimmerman's former attorneys gave that presser and talked about their client in not so flattering terms.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Zimmerman's attorneys are on Anderson Cooper tonight on CNN (not CNN HLN). Should be an interesting show. Zimmerman's attorneys have never met face to face with Zimmerman and I think that's very strange. The attorney said it's because there's a reward on Z's head and so they didn't want him coming to their office and all communication was done over the phone.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Bozo is going to be on Anderson's show tonight too.
Mark G is furious about Z's attorney's making statements about Z's mental state since they have never even met him and that because they haven't been able to contact Z for two days they get on TV and basically trashed Z.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm

I just read this BJ and turned it on Anderson but I missed it. Missed Dr Drew too The man claiming to be Charles Manson son is on Anderson now.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 pm

I missed all of it because I was watching a movie. But, I wouldn't doubt that Bozo w/end up being Zimmerman's "attorney" and I use that term loosely.

WHY was Bozo on Dr. Drew and Anderson? What's the big deal w/him? Why would they be interviewing him??? I smell a rat!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Florida prosecutor to release new information in Martin shooting

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The two attorneys said they had never met their client George Zimmerman, but they had communicated with him over email and on the phone. On Sunday, however, they were no longer able to contact him. NBC's Kerry Sanders reports.

By Jeff Black, msnbc.com
Updated at 10:30 p.m. ET: The special prosecutor investigating the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin in Florida said Tuesday evening that she was preparing to release new information on the investigation, and would do so in the next 72 hours. On Monday, prosecutor Angela Corey said she would not convene a grand jury probe. The U.S. Justice Department is also looking into the case.
The announcement comes just a few hours after the attorneys for George Zimmerman, the Florida community watch volunteer who shot Martin, said they have lost touch with their client and are withdrawing from the case.

Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said at a news conference outside the Seminole County Courthouse in Sanford, Fla., they heard that Zimmerman had contacted a special prosecutor, who will decide whether or not to press charges against him, against their advice.

They said they have not talked to Zimmerman, whose location is not known, in at least two days but in the past had spoken with him over the phone. “We can’t represent him unless he comes forward and asks us,” Uhrig said.

"We have a pretty good idea where he (Zimmerman) is," Uhrig said, but added that Zimmerman is not answering the phone. The attorneys said they thought Zimmerman was still in the United States, but not likely in Florida.

Uhrig said Zimmerman had called Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity, which also worried them. "We believe he spoke directly to Sean," Uhrig said. Fox News representative Dana Klinghoffer declined to elaborate to NBC News on the nature of Zimmerman's relationship with Hannity, saying it would be addressed on the show.

On Tuesday evening, Hannity said he had been pursuing an interview with Zimmerman and eventually spoke with him several days ago. Hannity said Zimmerman talked about the case but asked the talk show host not to divulge details on air.

The attorneys said they still believe in Zimmerman's story that he was attacked by Martin and fired in self-defense.

The attorneys also expressed concern about Zimmerman's "emotional and physical safety" and said he may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. They also have reservations about a web site Zimmerman set up to solicit money for help in his defense.

"Him setting up his own website is fine," Sonner said. "I wish he would have told me.” Sonner, the first attorney Zimmerman contacted, said he had been working on the case for free.

Zimmerman, whose father is white and his mother Peruvian, says he shot Martin, who was black, in self-defense Feb. 26 after following him in a gated community in Sanford.

Uhrig said that evidence, including a broken nose sustained by Zimmerman, confirms Zimmerman's account of what transpired the night Martin was shot.
IF he broke his nose, did he seek medical treatment? If so, there would be medical records.
“All the evidence that has come out is consistent with the story that George Zimmerman has told,” Uhrig said. He said Martin supporters have focused on "driving racial divisions" in the community.

Tuesday's press conference with Zimmerman's attorneys could cause prosecutors to worry that George Zimmerman might be a flight risk. NBC's Savannah Guthrie reports.

Natalie Jackson, an attorney for the Martin family, responded to the news conference with a statement obtained by NBC News.

"These attorneys continue to make irresponsible statements to the media," Jackson said. "Not only have they spoken recklessly about racial issues, enflaming passions and reinforcing sterotypes, but now they have throw their own client, George Zimmerman, under the bus by alluding to his possible flight from justice."

"The family is very concerned he's (Zimmerman) unaccounted for, the killer of their son. It all begs the question of whether he will ever be brought to justice," Benjamin Crump, another Martin family attorney, told NBC News.

The lack of an arrest or charges in the case has sparked protests nationwide with many claiming that Zimmerman confronted Martin because of his race. Zimmerman's supporters deny that.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Jose Baez, others rip George Zimmerman’s ex-attorneys
— posted by halboedeker on April, 10 2012 11:13 PM

George Zimmerman’s former attorneys were getting nasty reviews for their performance at a strange news conference Tuesday.

Even Jose Baez, who represented Casey Anthony, castigated lawyers Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner.

“It’s unbelievable that you would get on television and talk about your client’s mental state,” Baez told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “It’s reprehensible.”

Attorney Mark Geragos, another guest on “Anderson Cooper 360,” asked Baez: “Jose, what do they have in the water down there in Florida? I don’t understand what they’re doing. This is just absolutely the worst thing I think I can remember seeing any lawyer do in regards to their client. I thought some of the previous interviews were train wrecks. Those things were toy cars compared to what this is.”

Geragos compared the lawyers’ news conference to a “Saturday Night Live” skit, and Baez seconded that view.

Former prosecutor Sunny Hostin agreed with Geragos and Baez. “I’ve never seen anything like this,” she said.

Zimmerman has said he shot Trayvon Martin, 17, in self-defense. The shooting has set off a national furor with Trayvon’s supporters demanding that Zimmerman be arrested.

On “NBC Nightly News,” chief legal correspondent Savannah Guthrie said there was nothing ordinary about what had happened in the Zimmerman story Tuesday. “These lawyers couldn’t get their client on the phone, but the state prosecutor could? It’s incredibly odd,” she said. “It was odd, frankly, that the lawyers came out and gave this public press conference announcing that they would no longer represent George Zimmerman, when a simple paper statement would have sufficed.”

WKMG-Channel 6 legal analyst Mark O’Mara said he was “surprised that two attorneys who were no longer counsel talked for an hour about a case that they’re no longer involved in. I think that was a little problematic. You’re not supposed to talk about a client’s case, for the most part at all, and yet they answered dozens of questions.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Reports: Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Post by raine1953 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm

The Washington Post, quoting an unidentified law enforcement official close to the investigation, reports that Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as this afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Post reporter Sari Horwitz writes that it is not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.

The 17-year-old Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., Feb. 26, in what Zimmerman has said through his lawyers was self-defense.

Update at 2:34 p.m. ET: CNN reports that Corey will hold a news conference within the next four hours to release information on the case.

Update at 2:23 p.m. ET: NBC News reports that criminal charges will be filed against Zimmerman.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm

George Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin's Death

By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) , CANDACE SMITH and PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC)
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. April 11, 2012

A Florida special prosecutor has decided to charge neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman in the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin, sources told ABC News.

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

The prosecutor's ruling is certain to provoke controversy in Sanford, Fla., where shooting took place and across the country.

Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic neighborhood watch captain, shot and killed Martin, who was 17 and black, on Feb. 26 after following the teenager for several minutes.

The special prosecutor's ruling came one day after Zimmerman's legal team quit because they had lost contact with him, and suggested that the pressure of the case had "pushed him over the edge."

His lawyers said that Zimmerman was no longer in Florida and ABC News has learned that prosecutors do not know his exact location.

Earlier this week, Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said his city has become a "kindling box" due to the high emotions surrounding the case, and that he would "plan for the worst and hope for the best."

The case gained national prominence with rallies across the country demanding that Zimmerman be arrested and charged with murder. Zimmerman and his supporters say that the shooting had nothing to do with race and that he shot Martin in self-defense.

The city of Sanford has been getting increasingly tense as the decision neared. Six shots were fired into an empty police cruiser earlier this week in the neighborhood where Martin was killed.

The New Black Panther Party offered a $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman and his lawyers said Zimmerman had received death threats.

The New Socialist Movement, a white supremacy group, said they were patrol Sanford to protect whites and racists comments about the shooting have sprung up on social media sites.

Debate over the shooting became so widespread that even President Obama commented, saying if he had a son he would have looked like Trayvon Martin.

On his website, Zimmerman released a statement about the shooting this week, calling the incident a "life-altering event."

"As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately my entire life,"
he wrote.

In a written statement to police on the night of the shooting, Zimmerman said that he'd called 911 to report a suspicious man and that as he returned to his car, Martin attacked him. Zimmerman said that Martin punched him in the nose and knocked him down, slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun.

The police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose. His lawyer said later that Zimmerman suffered a broken nose.

After Zimmerman received medical attention, it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford police station for questioning. He was not arrested.

The U.S. Justice Department is also carrying out an investigation into the shooting.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Conference at 6pm eastern
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty George Zimmerman's fate will be announced at 6 p.m. EST!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 pm

3:28 p.m. EST, April 11, 2012|
By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

The Washington Post reports that the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin shooting has decided to file criminal charges against George Zimmerman.

The newspaper's website cites an anonymous source close to the investigation. Other news outlets are also reporting that Zimmerman will be charged.

This afternoon, the office of special prosecutor Angela Corey announced that a news conference will be held at 6 p.m. at the Fouth Circuit State Attorney's Office in Jacksonville.

In a statement, Corey's office said only that "Corey is prepared to release new information regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation."

The Post did not report what charge the special prosecutor intends to file, but Sanford police initially classified the shooting as a possible manslaughter.

The Orlando Sentinel was unable to confirm the Post's report. Corey imposed a news blackout and has refused for more than a week to answer questions.

Martin family spokesman Ryan Julison said about 2:30 p.m. that the family has not been informed of a charging decision. Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's family, didn't answer a phone call.

There is widespread speculation that she'll announce that she'll charge Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who killed the unarmed black 17-year-old.

At 3 p.m., Corey confirmed she would not make the announcement in Sanford, where Trayvon was killed Feb. 26.

Instead, she said it would happen in Jacksonville, the site of her office.

She's the elected state attorney for Duval, Clay and Nassau counties.

Reporters and news crews appear to be gambling that she'll have Zimmerman arrested and jailed in Sanford.

Crews from NBC and CNN have had trucks parked at the Seminole County Jail since Monday.

Zimmerman's attorneys, Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig, announced Tuesday that they'd lost contact with him and, as a consequence, no longer represent him. That could change, though, they said, with a single phone call.

Zimmerman called Corey's office Tuesday, they said, but her employees would not talk to him.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Gun groups offer legal support to Zimmerman

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:18 pm

By Craig Johnson
updated 11:54 AM EDT, Mon April 09, 2012
Responding to what they see as a one-sided battle in the court of public opinion, gun advocacy groups have surfaced in recent days to pledge legal support to the defense of George Zimmerman, the Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in February. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense, but has not been charged with a crime and is not in custody.

The case, which is being investigated by federal officials, has triggered national outrage and calls for the civilian neighborhood watchman to be prosecuted. But some gun advocates have jumped to his defense, saying his reputation -- the subject of much media scrutiny and public scorn -- has been ruined.

“We wanted to help someone who we feel has been wronged and found guilty in the court of public opinion,” Chris Kossmann of Legal Boom , a Tampa, Florida-based gun rights group, told HLN Monday in a phone interview.

“People have been crying for justice but we don’t think people know what real justice is. As of yet nobody’s stood up for him (Zimmerman),” Kossmann said. “There’s never really been an outlet for people to support Zimmerman. They are numerous people supporting the other side,” he said. “But anyone who has sided with Zimmerman has been ridiculed for it.”

Kossman said Legal Boom has been in contact with Zimmerman attorney Craig Sonner about contributing to the neighborhood watch captain’s defense fund. “We have spoken with him (Sonner) on two different occasions." Declining to cite specifics, Kossmann said, “We’re currently working together to further our talks.”

Another gun rights organization, the National Association for Legal Gun Defense, seeks to donate $10,000 toward Zimmerman's legal expenses.

"We're an association that wants to help the legal cases of gun owners who claim self defense," Fort Worth, Texas, attorney Blue Rannefeld, a member, told HLN late Monday.

Rannefeld said the group is not trying to decide the case in any way -- but one particularly disturbing development in the saga has spurred the group to action. "This is not a statement about guilt or innocence of George Zimmerman. This is really a response to the bounty that was placed on his head. We really think that that was egregious."

Last month the separatist New Black Panther Party, described as a hate group by a civil rights organization, offered a $10,000 bounty offer for Zimmerman's capture despite vehement opposition, including from Martin's family.

The National Association for Legal Gun Defense has yet to get in contact with Sonner but the group has heard from numerous supporters, Rannefeld said. "We've been getting a tremendous response, and it's been more positive than negative. People have been calling in asking if they can make $30 contributions," he said.

Sonner, in a Time Magazine interview Sunday , said that he has received death threats and that his phone has been jammed. “The facts of the evening (of February 26) … have been spun by the media,” he was quoted as saying.

HLN tried to reach Sonner for a comment but was unsuccessful.

On Monday, Martin family attorney Daryl Parks raised new concerns about the initial Sanford Police investigation on the night of the shooting, saying “(On the police report) they list Trayvon’s address and date of birth but they don’t contact the family, so there’s some concern whether that information was put in there initially or added at a later date. All of that is fair game for the inquiry by the officials that they do a fresh look at this case in its entirety,” he told CNN’s Soledad O’Brien.

zip it
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Depending on what Zimmerman is charged with or isn't charged with I sure hope there isn't trouble on the streets. Maybe I've just lived here in LA too long and I'm kind of used to trouble happening I sure hope I'm just being paranoid.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty BREAKING NEWS: George Zimmerman arrested and charged with murder for shooting Trayvon Martin

Post by Nama Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

George Zimmerman has been arrested for murdering Trayvon Martin, charged in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
The second-degree murder charge means the 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer faces life in prison, if convicted.
Multiple news outlets are citing law enforcement sources saying Angela Corey, the special prosecutor appointed to the case, plans to officially announce the charges in a news conference at 6pm tonight.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Trayvon Martin case: Zimmerman faces 2nd-degree murder charge

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:46 pm

April 11, 2012, 3:16 p.m. PST

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, faces a second-degree murder charge for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager in Sanford, Fla., the special prosecutor in the case announced Wednesday.

In a televised news conference, State Atty. Angela B. Corey outlined the charges in the case that has sparked national demonstrations calling for Zimmerman’s arrest.

“I can tell you we did not come to this decision lightly,” Corey told reporters. “We do not prosecute by public pressure.”

She said her office had filed information with the charge.

Zimmerman, who has maintained he acted in self-defense, was in custody, Corey confirmed, though she gave no details. He had been in hiding since the shooting after his family said he had received death threats.

Martin, 17, was returning from a convenience store run on Feb. 26 -- he had bought a bag of Skittles candy and an iced tea -- when he caught Zimmerman's eye. Zimmerman, 28, was driving out of his gated community in Sanford on his way to the supermarket when he called the Sanford Police Department to report a young black male acting suspiciously, possibly on drugs, he said.

The police dispatcher asked Zimmerman whether he was following the youth. When Zimmerman replied that he was, the dispatcher told him: "We don't need you to do that." Moments later, Zimmerman -- armed with a 9-millimeter weapon -- got out of his car.

Zimmerman has said he shot Martin in self-defense after the youth struck him in the face, knocked him down and began pounding his head into the ground. But many believe Zimmerman was the aggressor, emboldened by his status as the self-appointed neighborhood watch captain.

Coverage of the case was largely limited to local media until the call between Zimmerman and the dispatcher was made public, along with a 911 call that one resident made just before the shooting. In the background of that call, someone can be heard yelling for help. Martin's parents insist that voice belonged to their son. Zimmerman has said the voice was his.

The phone calls and steady stream of new evidence, not to mention potential evidence, have turned many Americans into armchair CSI experts.

But the case itself struck a chord -- and not just within the African American community. Many Americans consider it cut-and-dried evidence of the social injustices that blacks in this country have long faced.

The intense media attention has been propelled in part by outrage in the social media world. Twitter has been flooded with tweets linked by the hashtag #Trayvon. And an online petition at Change.org demanding Zimmerman's prosecution has received more than 2.2 million signatures -- the single biggest reaction the online petition platform has ever had.

In the wake of such scrutiny, as well as marches, protests and rallies held across the country, the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI have launched probes into the case, and Corey was assigned to review the matter. The case even gained the attention of President Obama, who called for a thorough investigation.

And, no surprise, the case has also stirred up a backlash against the media attention.

A recent survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press found that many people -- including a majority of Republicans and 43% of whites surveyed -- said the media had gone overboard in their coverage.

I think that most people w/be very happy about this and just hope their "happiness" doesn't include drinking and getting stupid. I also think that Corey made the right decision and am Very surprised he is up on 2nd Degree Murder!! WOW!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm

I agree with what you just said, most of the people will probably be OK with the charge. LA has rioted so many times I guess that's the first place I go in my mind but I do think this might keep it even.
I wonder who is going to represent him? Those lawyers yesterday sure didn't seem to have his best interest at heart in what they said about him personally.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:12 pm

The new attorney for Zimmerman is speaking now on CNN.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Booking Photo

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman VERDICT HAS BEEN DELIVERED. NOT GUILTY IN THE SHOOTING DEATH OF 17 YEAR OLD TRAYVON MARTIN! 7.25.13 Zimmerman juror to ABC: He 'got away with murder' - Page 2 Empty Zimmerman in court today

Post by Nama Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 am

George Zimmerman will be in court in about an hour. CNN will cover this live.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next