Adam Joseph "Rocco" Longoria arrest in Alicia Debolt, age 14./Update: Longoria found GUILTY OF CAPITAL MURDER & CRIMINAL SODOMY!Update: Adam Longoria get Life In Prison!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Adam Joseph "Rocco" Longoria found GUILTY of murdering Alicia DeBolt!!

Post by Slys Hunny on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By Tim Potter
The Wichita Eagle
Published Thursday, April 5, 2012, at 8:16 a.m.
Updated Friday, April 6, 2012, at 6:27 a.m.

Read more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GREAT BEND — A judge adjourned Adam Longoria’s capital murder trial early today, and his defense lawyers rested their case without calling him to testify.

Judge Hannelore Kitts sent jurors home shortly after their lunch break. That means the jury likely will hear final arguments Friday and begin deliberating on a verdict. Longoria, 38, is charged in the August 2010 killing of 14-year-old Alicia DeBolt.

Before lunch, a friend of Alicia’s testified that Alicia told her by cellphone that she was getting into a vehicle with a man with a different name than Longoria’s around the time she disappeared.

The friend was among eight witnesses who testified earlier today after being called by defense attorneys. The prosecution rested its case earlier this morning.

Today’s testimony about the phone conversation between Alicia and her friend followed testimony brought by the prosecution Wednesday showing that text messages from Longoria’s phone to Alicia’s had him picking her up from her house the night she disappeared.

The defense is trying to show that someone other than Longoria was involved in Alicia’s death. Part of the defense is to raise the idea that other vehicles, not the one Longoria was driving the night Alicia disappeared, were involved in her disappearance or killing.

One witness testified that about 3 1/2 hours after Alicia was last seen getting into an SUV outside her house, the witness saw three vehicles exit a county road that leads to the asphalt plant where Alicia’s badly burned body was found three days after she disappeared.

Longoria would face life in prison without parole if convicted of capital murder, a charge that can bring the death penalty. But prosecutors chose not to pursue the death penalty in his case, and Alicia’s family has publicly supported that decision.

Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Adam Joseph "Rocco" Longoria arrest in Alicia Debolt, age 14./Update: Longoria found GUILTY OF CAPITAL MURDER & CRIMINAL SODOMY!Update: Adam Longoria get Life In Prison!!

Post by Slys Hunny on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Jury went to deliberation at 11:05 central time
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Adam Joseph "Rocco" Longoria arrest in Alicia Debolt, age 14./Update: Longoria found GUILTY OF CAPITAL MURDER & CRIMINAL SODOMY!Update: Adam Longoria get Life In Prison!!

Post by raine1953 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 pm

It will be interesting to see how long they are out.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Alicia DeBolt Murder: Adam Longoria guilty of capital murder

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 pm

By Crimesider Staff Topics Daily Blotter

(CBS/AP) A jury on Friday convicted Adam Longoria of capital murder in the killing of 14-year-old cheerleader Alicia DeBolt, whose charred body was found at the asphalt plant where he worked.

Longoria, 38, stood and stared straight at jurors, wearing a blank expression as the judge polled each of them to confirm the decision.

The jury had deliberated less than four hours after closing arguments capped six days of testimony about the August 2010 murder.

Prosecutors said Longoria was "obsessed" with the teenage cheerleader, and that he lured her into his vehicle after texting her about a party on the weekend before she was supposed to start her freshman year in high school.

During Friday's closing arguments, prosecutors recounted the hundreds of text messages that Longoria exchanged with DeBolt before the teen's death. Prosecutor Kevin O'Connor also noted that Longoria's semen was found mixed with DeBolt's DNA in his vehicle.

The defense conceded that the relationship between the then-36-year-old man and the teenage girl was inappropriate but insisted he didn't kill her.

To convict Longoria of capital murder, jurors had to determine not only that he killed DeBolt but that he committed criminal sodomy or attempted rape during the slaying. Jurors also were allowed to consider lesser charges such as first-degree murder and second-degree murder.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm so glad that monster was found guilty! What awful things he did to that poor girl. I so hope the family can find some peace now.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

I watched the closing arguments then took my grandkids fishing. When I came home a couple hours later I was shocked they had a verdict so fast. Im so Happy with this verdict. I was almost scared to hope that he would get capital murder. I wonder what the family thinks of agreeing to no death penalty now. I personally think he would have got it. I hope the judge does the right thing in sentencing. She seems like a very compasionate woman, Im sure she will do the right thing. ruled crazy 1 :celebration:
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:06 am

I doubt she will lessen the sentence. I think having to spend the rest of your life locked up is worse than the DP. He is still relatively young and he will never be free to hurt anyone ever again. IMHO, this was an open and shut case. No wonder it didn't take the jury very long to deliberate!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RileysMom on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 am

It's so good to see that he is getting what he deserves. He should not get the DP that would be way to easy he should go to prison and hang with some big guys perhaps they can tell him what they think about killing lil girls ... enjoy your stay pos may it be as bad as possible IMHO
RileysMom

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DiaperCakeJungle?ref=si_shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Longoria guilty of killing Alicia DeBolt

By Darcy Gray - The Hutchinson News - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GREAT BEND – Family members of 14-year-old Alicia DeBolt wept and embraced after Barton County jurors on Friday found Adam Longoria guilty of capital murder in DeBolt’s August 2010 death.

DeBolt was “tricked by” the 38-year-old Longoria, who in text messages lured her from her Great Bend home Aug. 21, 2010, on the promise of a party with “lots of people,” Kevin O’Connor, special assistant Kansas attorney general, told jurors Friday.

Instead, Longoria took 14-year-old DeBolt to a Venture Corp. asphalt plant southwest of Great Bend where he had worked that day, sexually assaulted her, covered her mouth with duct tape and burned her body, O’Connor said.

Jurors were given the option of lesser charges of first-degree murder and intentional second-degree murder, but after a two-week trial and about four hours of deliberations, they deemed Longoria guilty of capital murder on all three theories – that he committed criminal sodomy, aggravated criminal sodomy and attempted rape during or amid the slaying. They also found him guilty of vehicle burglary and theft for stealing a Venture Corp. vehicle Aug. 27, 2010, to flee amid the murder investigation.

Longoria showed no emotion as the verdict was read. District Judge Hannelore Kitts scheduled sentencing for June 8.

At 11:08 a.m. Friday, the jury received the capital murder case against 38-year-old Adam Longoria, after listening to intense closing arguments from attorneys.

DeBolt was last seen about 11 p.m. Aug. 21, 2010, leaving her Great Bend home in a black SUV to go to a party. Her burned body was found three days later at Venture Corp.'s Dundee asphalt plant about five miles southwest of Great Bend.

“Good morning, beautiful” was the first text message Adam Longoria sent to DeBolt on July 18, 2010, after meeting her at his ex-girlfriend’s birthday party at his Great Bend home.

The messages between Longoria and DeBolt over the next month “ultimately led to her burned, charred body lying in dirt and mud,” Special Assistant Kansas Attorney General Kevin O’Connor said.

He told the jury the case was about text messages, Longoria’s statements to his ex-girlfirend Eva Brown, his gray T-shirt that was found in the street, DeBolt’s DNA and Longoria’s semen, and “a late-night trip to buy gas.”

“It’s all on videotape,” O’Connor said, arguing that just a little more than an hour after Longoria picked up DeBolt from her home, he was buying $1.32 in gas at Love’s convenience store in Great Bend. Longoria asked the clerk for a small container for gas, even though such a container was found at his home, O'Connor noted.

Meanwhile, Longoria “tried desperately” to tell numerous people he was at Willie J’s nightclub the night DeBolt went missing.

“Things were closing in on Adam Longoria,” O’Connor said. “What did he do? He fled. He wasn’t going to a rodeo in Texas … .”

Defense attorneys with the Kansas Death Penalty Defense Unit conceded Longoria was guilty of vehicle burglary and theft for stealing a Venture Corp. vehicle on Aug. 27, 2010, amid the homicide investigation.

Jeffrey Wicks, Longoria’s attorney, explained Longoria stole the Venture Corp. Ford Explorer because he got "paranoid" after his home was searched and people "started pointing the finger at him."

Wicks reminded the jury that they didn’t hear from Ivan Ramirez or “Giovanni,” with whom DeBolt told her mom she was leaving home with on Aug. 21, 2010, to go to a party.

Wicks also pointed to text messages between DeBolt and Ramirez between July 2010 and the day of her death. Wicks said the texts showed DeBolt was pursuing Ramirez, who, like Longoria, had asked for pictures of DeBolt. But the relationship had deteriorated, Wicks said.

Longoria did send inappropriate messages to DeBolt, Wicks said, but that does not prove that he murdered her. Wicks also noted that the unknown male DNA found in DeBolt’s mouth was not Longoria’s.

“Look over here folks, let’s blame the guy in Mexico, let’s blame Giovanni,” O’Connor countered, referring to defense arguments and witness testimony that Ramirez is now in Mexico.

O’Connor told the jury they heard what they needed to hear to convict Longoria, with witnesses saying they were with Ivan “all night” at Willie J’s nightclub the night of DeBolt’s disappearance.

The defense also conceded that Longoria bought the gasoline at Love’s the night DeBolt disappeared.

“We know it’s him, you don’t have to concede it,” O’Connor said. “Was he filling up the car? Are you kidding me? Seriously? They’re asking you to dump your common sense.”

Although officials could not pinpoint the time of DeBolt’s death, O’Connor reminded the jury of Longoria’s text messages.

Longoria said “I’m here,” and then his phone gets shut off” O’Connor told jurors. That text from Longoria came after DeBolt gave him her address, O'Connor said.

Had DeBolt told her mother she was going to party with Longoria, might she have been prevented from going, O’Connor questioned.

“A 14-year-old girl is not to blame when you’re dealing with a 36-year-old man,” O’Connor said.

The state is not seeking the death penalty for Longoria, but if convicted of capital murder, he faces a sentence of life in prison without parole.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Watch his eyes as the verdict is read. He rolls them like he cant believe he didnt get away with it!

Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 am

I couldn't really see his eyes because they didn't have a close up on him and his glasses were in the way but I noticed the gum chewing.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:12 am

I could not see the eye roll but trust that you did. This guy makes me want to Barf

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:15 pm

I think it was on the one that is 2+ minutes long where she polls the jury. im at home now and cant watch to see.
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 am

Note: Please make sure on this case that you include the author of the article and always the link, please!! Thanks in advance!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Judge delays sentencing in Kansas teen's murder

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 23, 2012 1:04 am

Adam Longoria's sentencing delayed

Adam Longoria found guilty of capital murder
by Kim Hynes
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
4:15 p.m. CDT, May 22, 2012

(GREAT BEND, Kan.)—
The man convicted of killing a Great Bend teenager won't be sentenced in June as planned. An order signed by Judge Hannelore Kitts continued the sentencing to a date that has yet to be determined.

Longoria was convicted in April of capital murder for the 2010 death of Alicia DeBolt. It took jurors about three and a half hours to reach a decision.

DeBolt's body was found badly burned at the asphalt plant where Longoria worked. She had been missing for several days before a worker found her body.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

REMINDER>>>SENTENCING TUESDAY JUNE 26TH
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Fingers Crossed praying

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:27 am

I hope they throw the book at him!!!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 am

Man faces life for killing cheerleader, 14
Posted: June 24, 2012 - 2:40pm

By Roxana Hegeman
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WICHITA — Nearly two years after the burned remains of a missing 14-year-old cheerleader were found at an asphalt plant, her killer will return to a Great Bend courtroom Tuesday to be sentenced in the murder case that rattled the western Kansas community.

Prosecutors didn’t seek the death penalty against 38-year-old Adam Longoria, but Barton County District Judge Hannelore Kitts has little, if any, say in deciding his punishment. In Kansas, a conviction for first-degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of life without parole.

In April, jurors deliberated for less than four hours before convicting Longoria for the August 2010 murder of Alicia DeBolt, finding that he committed criminal sodomy, aggravated criminal sodomy and attempted rape during the killing. Jurors had only needed to find one of those aggravating factors in order to return a guilty verdict for capital murder. They also found him guilty of vehicle burglary and theft.

Great Bend was so shaken by DeBolt’s death that more than 2,000 people attended a vigil to remember the teen known as “Babygurl.”

It isn’t known whether Longoria, who didn’t take the stand at his trial, will make a statement at his sentencing. DeBolt’s mother and sister are expected to make victim impact statements.

DeBolt was last seen alive leaving her home for a party just before midnight on Aug. 21, 2010. Her family reported her missing the next day, setting off a search that ended three days later when her remains, with traces of duct tape on her ankles and face, were found at the Venture Corp. plant where Longoria worked.

Investigators later found a barrage of text messages between DeBolt and the then-36-year-old Longoria, who began pursuing the girl after meeting her at a party in July 2010.

At trial, prosecutor Kevin O’Connor reminded jurors of the age disparity and noted the hundreds of text messages that Longoria exchanged with DeBolt, underlining the man’s obsession. Longoria’s [filtered word] was found mixed with DeBolt’s DNA in his vehicle.

Other evidence indicating Longoria was involved in DeBolt’s grisly death included gasoline on his gym shoes and video surveillance showing him buying $1.32 of gas on the night she disappeared. Longoria’s now ex-girlfriend testified that he smelled of gasoline when he came home and that her car reeked of it. Several witnesses testified that Longoria asked them to lie about his whereabouts that night.

Longoria was arrested after he was found driving an SUV stolen from the asphalt company.

At trial, the defense tried to cast doubt on the state’s evidence, suggesting a tiny amount of DNA from an unknown man that was found in the girl’s mouth indicated someone else may have killed her.

Defense attorney Jeff Wicks told jurors that text messages indicated DeBolt was in a sexual relationship with another boy and suggested that boy or someone else could have killed her. His attorney said Longoria had bragged about having sex with DeBolt, meaning her DNA could have ended up in his car on another occasion.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Kansas man gets life term in cheerleader's murder

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Published June 26, 2012
Associated Press

GREAT BEND, Kan. – A Kansas man convicted of killing a 14-year-old cheerleader and burning her body at the asphalt plant where he worked will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Adam Longoria was sentenced Tuesday to life imprisonment without the chance of parole for the August 2010 death of Alicia DeBolt.

Barton County Judge Hannelore Kitts had little leeway in deciding the punishment because a capital murder conviction in Kansas carries a mandatory sentence of at least life without parole. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.

He also received 17 months for vehicle burglary and 7 months for theft. Those terms will be served consecutively to his life sentence.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I think hes a chicken sh.. He wasnt in the court room for sentencing???? To me this is just another slap in the face to Alicias family. They should have made him be there to look her mother and sister in the eye as they gave thier victim impact statements. He shouldnt have been able to rob them of telling him to his face what they think of him. I hope his life is a living hell in prison!!! JMOO
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:32 pm

agreed

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm

I agree Slys, he should have been made to be in that courtroom to listen to Alicia's Mother and sister's victim impact statements! I agree with every word you said!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm

June 26, 2012 3:13 PM

Alicia DeBolt murder: Kansas cheerleader's killer, Adam Longoria, sentenced to life term

By Crimesider Staff Topics Daily Blotter

Adam Longoria, who murdered Alicia DeBolt, was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday, June 26, 2012.

(Credit: CBS/KWCH) (CBS/AP) GREAT BEND, Kan. - A Kansas man convicted of capital murder in the killing 14-year-old cheerleader Alicia DeBolt, whose burned remains were found at the asphalt plant where he worked, was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison.

Adam Longoria, 38, was formally sentenced to life imprisonment without the chance of parole for Alicia's murder. Barton County Judge Hannelore Kitts had little leeway in deciding Longoria's punishment because a capital murder conviction in Kansas carries a mandatory sentence of at least life without parole. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty.

Alicia was last seen alive leaving her home in Great Bend for a party just before midnight on Aug. 21, 2010. Her family reported her missing the next day, setting off a search that ended three days later when her remains, with traces of duct tape on her ankles and face, were found at the Venture Corp. plant outside Great Bend where Longoria worked.

"She was a little girl that was manipulated and abused and murdered by a man who knows better," prosecutor Kevin O'Connor said at the sentencing.

Longoria did not attend the sentencing.

"He is too big of a coward to face us today," Dawn DeBolt, the victim's stepsister, told the court.

Alicia's mother, Tamara Conrad, recounted how she had once been told she could never bear any children and how she helped her husband raise his children from a previous marriage instead. But at age 32, she unexpectedly found herself pregnant. Alicia was her "miracle baby."

"When the monster killed my baby girl, he didn't just kill my miracle baby," said Conrad, wearing a bright yellow t-shirt emblazoned with the words "Alicia's Mamasita." She said Alicia brought joy and happiness to the entire family.

Longoria also was sentenced to 17 months for vehicle burglary and 7 months for theft. Those sentences were meted out consecutive to, or following, the life sentence.

The judge also ordered that Longoria pay more than $7,600 for restitution and other costs.

The defense said it would appeal.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm

RIP

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Video of family and friends:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:02 pm

By Brian Heap
Factfinder 12 Investigator
1:08 p.m. CDT, July 19, 20124

Longoria, who was found guilty in April of murder and a sex crime, called Eyewitness News Thursday from his prison cell in El Dorado.

Related
Adam Longoria called coward after skipping sentencing
FactFinder 12 explains why Longoria skipped sentencing Longoria, 38, said he wanted to explain why he was absent from the sentencing and had a message for the family of the teen girl he was convicted of killing and burning.

He said the crime carried an automatic life sentence and he didn't want to be part of a "media circus" and deal with "people "looking at me and laughing or sitting there pointing fingers."

"I do feel bad not being there because I did want to say something to the family and I did want to address the court on my feelings about how I felt and give my explanation of everything that went on," he said during a phone interview.

Longoria went on to issue an apology of sorts to DeBolt's family.

"I'm sorry of everything that has happened everything that has taken place, them being brought into this ... I feel bad about Alicia DeBolt. In some way I feel responsible for what has happened to her, but I am not responsible for her death."

"I feel like I'm responsible in some kind of way because I was there that night. Not where she was, but I was with these individuals and I just feel that if I wouldn't have been there maybe things would have turned up different," he said.

Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 pm

There is a video at the above link as well.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:31 pm

LM im confused what does the above video have to do with Adam Longoria or Alicia DeBolt?
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Slys Hunny wrote:LM im confused what does the above video have to do with Adam Longoria or Alicia DeBolt?
Whoops. I posted that on the wrong thread. Thank you for letting me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

ok babe thought I was getting sometimers again LOL
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum