Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge

3 posters

Go down

Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge  Empty Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 pm

posted by halboedeker on March, 30 2012 6:20 PM

Bill Sheaffer has been known for his legal opinions and his suspenders.

WFTV-Channel 9 tonight bid farewell to legal analyst Bill Sheaffer, who announced he is running for circuit judge of Orange and Osceola counties. The primary is in August.

“What this means is because I’m actively campaigning, I’m not continuing with Channel 9,” Sheaffer said in an interview. “I don’t know if it’s the complete end of me being able to comment, but it is an end to my time with WFTV.”

Sheaffer logged four years with WFTV and became a familiar presence during the Casey Anthony coverage.

“We’re sorry to see you go,” anchor Martie Salt told Sheaffer on the 6 p.m. newscast.

“Your gift was helping us understand those complex legal issues,” anchor Bob Opsahl said.

In recent days, Sheaffer has commented on the Trayvon Martin case.

“My experience with Channel 9 has been a plus for the campaign as it relates to name recognition,” Sheaffer said.

He raved about the journalists he worked with at the ABC affiliate. “It was just the most rich and rewarding experience,” he said.

But today wasn’t the exact end. Sheaffer will be featured in two editions of “Central Florida Spotlight,” which airs at 12:30 p.m. Saturdays. This weekend, Sheaffer talks about the stand your ground law. The April 7 show will feature his interviews with lawyers in the Casey Anthony civil suit, Sheaffer said.

For his run for judge, Sheaffer has gained the backing of Richard Hornsby, a legal analyst for WESH-Channel 2. ”He has my support, which may surprise some,” Hornsby said. The two lawyers once had a contentious relationship.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge  Empty Re: Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge

Post by Lilone Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:21 pm

If I were an Orlandoan, (?) I would vote for Bill. I like him and respect his knowledge of the law. Is it true that Judge Perry will be leaving the bench? Or is he just giving up his position as 'chief'?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge  Empty Re: Bill Sheaffer leaving WFTV to run for judge

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Not sure on Judge Perry, but I completely agree w/you on Bill!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I sure agree with you both on Bill Sheaffer! I don't know anything about Judge Perry.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down