Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping!

Go down

Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping! Empty Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping!

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm

By JENNIFER ABBEY
March 8, 2012

An Arizona mother is desperately searching for her two-year-old daughter, who, she says, has been missing since Feb. 22.

Athena Manuma, 22, said she dropped off her daughter, Ava Enlow, with the toddler's father, Brent Anderson, on Feb. 18 and was supposed to pick her up on the 22nd. Anderson, 31, never showed up, and Manuma said she has not seen or heard from him since.

"It was a normal drop-off," Manuma told ABC News. "There were no words, no nothing. Just, 'I'll see you on Wednesday, Ava,' but I didn't get her on Wednesday."

Manuma called Phoenix police, who officially listed Ava as missing. Police are calling the incident a case of "custodial abduction' and have issued an arrest warrant for Anderson, who recently lost his job and is facing financial hardship. His family and friends have been unable to reach him and do not know his intentions with Ava, according to Phoenix police.

"I don't know anything. He did not want me to know anything," Andersons' mother, Melinda Barros, told ABC News. "I know she is fine wherever she is at with my son." Barros said she has not spoken to her son since Feb. 14.

Manuma and Anderson went through years of court disputes before settling on a custody agreement, Barros said. The two have shared custody of Ava.

"He should have never had to go through what he has gone through," Barros said. "It has pushed him to the limit where he has to take off."

During past visits, Anderson took Ava to the park and to see animals, Barros said. He did not tell her what he planned to do with Ava this time. Barros said she believes Ava should be without her mother.

"I think she is better off not here," Barros said. "If you find her and she has to go back to that family, it is not going to be good."

Anderson married on Feb. 11, Barros said. She and Manuma said they speculate that he could be on his honeymoon.

This isn't the first time Manuma and Anderson have had trouble with visits. Last October, Anderson told Manuma he was going on a vacation and she would see Ava a week later, Manuma said.

"I didn't approve it and he hadn't talked about it until the day before," Manuma said. "We went to law enforcement to get her back."

But this time, police have not been able to contact Anderson. Manuma and her friends have created a Facebook page called "Help Bring Ava Home" as well as a website, bringavahome.com. The Facebook page has received more than 1200 "Likes."

"I'm kind of in like a foggy haze," Manuma said. "It seems very surreal. Like this isn't happening. I don't know how to deal with everything."

Manuma calls Ava her "little monkey." She said she loves macaroni and cheese and is a very social, happy toddler.

"She has her own language," Manuma said. "She's Ava, I don't even have a word to describe her. "She's just amazing."

Anderson drives a 2002 dark blue Chevrolet Silverado, police say. He is 5-foot-10 and weighs 235 pounds. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department at 602-534-2121 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping! Empty Re: Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping!

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Ava is now home with her mother. She will not let go of her mother and is smiling and happy to be home. 4/3/2012 at about 3pm Arizona time, Athena Manuma held her daughter, Avalee, in her arms for the first time in almost 2 months. Ava was all smiles and very happy to be home. The US Marshall's accompanied Ava on the flight from Mazatlan, Mexico and arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport at about 3:oopm AZ time. New Pictures of Ava Enlow's Home coming!!!! Also please check out the arrest and booking pictures of Brent Anderson on the Brent Anderson Tab. And this just in the CNN/HLN Nancy Grace Interview today. After Melinda (Brent Anderson's Mom) granted Nancy Grace exclusive interview, Melinda admitted on national TV, that she DID know where Brent Anderson and Ava Enlow where the entire time. In an earlier Interview just 3 weeks ago she told Nancy Grace that she did not know where they were. Perjury?

Please see all the pics at this link: A must see!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping! Empty Baby Ava: Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father arrested for kidnapping

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm

PHOENIX, Arizona (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) – It was the outcome every parent can only hope and pray for when their child goes missing – that they will be found alive, as is the case of missing baby Ava Enlow.

Ava, 2, went missing over a month ago when her biological father failed to return her to her mother after a scheduled custody visit. Authorities have searched for the toddler for over a month.

U.S. Marshalls tracked down baby Ava and her father, Brent Anderson, in a small town in Mexico, HLN’s Nancy Grace reports.

Officials say Anderson smuggled Ava there by bus. He was arrested for kidnapping and other serious charges.

Ava’s grandmother, Melinda Barros, spoke exclusively with Nancy Grace and vehemently defended her son’s actions saying he was never hiding and took Ava out of the country to protect her.

“Let me set the story straight, Nancy, her name is Ava Anderson, it’s not Enlow. My son took my granddaughter out of the country to protect her,” Barros said.

She went on to ask anyone in the audience who is an attorney to help her son “get through this nightmare.”

Grace said, “Ms. Barros. Your son took the baby out of the country and was hiding in Mexico.”

“My son was not hiding,” Barros said.

Grace questioned Barros about a previous interview where Barros had told Grace she had not heard from her son at all and that no one knew where he was. “When you were on my show earlier you said you had not heard from him at all. Nobody knew where he was, unless you knew where he was all along and you didn’t tell anybody. So is that true?”

Barros said, “That is absolutely correct but my son was not trying to hide. That’s why his truck was sitting at the substation. My son signed his name to the ticket. If he had wanted to hide he would not have left a breadcrumb trail to where he was at.”

Grace asked Barros why her son left the country with baby Ava. Barros said, “My son Brent Anderson has worked the same job for 15 years. He has pursued his rights as a father through our judicial system. He took his life’s savings to hire an attorney so that he could follow our judicial system.”

She said he took his case as far as he could until the justice system would no longer help her son to keep his daughter safe.

KPHO 5 in Arizona reports Anderson is now facing charges after hiding his daughter in Mexico. According to the police report, Anderson and his wife took a bus to Cualiacan with plans to live with his wife’s relatives.

The U.S. Marshal’s Service and Mexican officials worked to track Ava down in Pueblo Nuevo, Mexico on Friday and took Anderson into custody on Saturday morning. He faces two felony counts of custody interference and one count of kidnapping.

Ava was returned to her mother on Tuesday at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport after they were apart for more than a month.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Baby Ava: Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father arrested for kidnapping - National missing persons | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping! Empty Re: Arizona Mother Searches for Missing Two-Year-Old Ava Enlow/Ava Enlow has been missing since Feb. 22, 2012./Missing toddler found alive in Mexico, father, Brent Anderson, arrested for kidnapping!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down