Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

05/14/14 ~ Body of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux recovered; Murder charges filed against Nicholas Holbert.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

05/14/14 ~ Body of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux recovered; Murder charges filed against Nicholas Holbert. - Page 2 Empty Re: 05/14/14 ~ Body of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux recovered; Murder charges filed against Nicholas Holbert.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Investigators remember the search for Kelli Bordeaux
By: Amanda Weber 05/19/2014 05:19 PM

FAYETTEVILLE -- It wasn't just local law enforcement on the search for missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux. A criminal physiologist and private investigator both spent close to two years looking for the young woman.

Nicholas Holbert, 27, who disposed of Bordeaux's body over two years ago led investigators to the site where she was buried last week.

"He had admitted to him what he had done with Kelli Bordeaux,” said Buddy Berube, private investigator.

Berube says his colleague David Marshburn, a private investigator, worked on the case from the beginning, when Bordeaux went missing in April of 2012. Last week, Holbert drove out to the location with Marshburn and confessed to killing Bordeaux.

"David said he confessed and when he had confessed he had told David he was relieved he had told someone,” said Berube.

Dr. Maurice Godwin, a criminal psychologist who has worked on the case from the beginning, says Holbert was always the key to this case. He says after several interviews with him, he felt Holbert may open up more to Marshburn.

"I think Nick was destitute, broke and had no place to go, and I really [think] that played a role and one of the biggest things. I think he had a big burden on his shoulders he wanted to get off. It just cost him his life probably,” said Dr. Maurice Godwin, criminal psychologist and forensic investigator.

Godwin says it was a relief last week to know after all of this time where Bordeaux was.

"I felt elated that she was found for the family, for everyone involved, but it's like running a marathon and hitting a brick wall, so what are we doing now, we are moving on to another case,” said Dr. Godwin.

Holbert is charged with first degree kidnapping and first degree murder and could face the death penalty if convicted.

- See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

05/14/14 ~ Body of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux recovered; Murder charges filed against Nicholas Holbert. - Page 2 Empty Re: 05/14/14 ~ Body of missing St. Cloud soldier Kelli Bordeaux recovered; Murder charges filed against Nicholas Holbert.

Post by HippyChick2 Wed May 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Agree to a point, Wrap.  Even in a bar where "everybody knows your name" isn't safe when you are a female and take a ride from someone, whether you know them or not.  And wasn't it mentioned she was in shorts and a halter top or something similar?  Women need to smarten up- don't go out dressed provocatively and not expect to attract attention.  Don't go out alone.  Don't take rides from people, especially bar-fly losers like this guy was.  Don't drink in a bar and expect to be able to use your stay-safe common sense when your senses are dulled by alcohol.

Its sad that its come to this.  We live in predatory times.  We have to THINK to stay safe. Where you park, what you wear, what you do, who you talk to, etc.  Its a lot of shit that any smart woman keeps in check.  Don't be a victim.  Don't become a topic on a true crime board!!! soap box 

I love you all, BTW.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Wed May 21, 2014 1:07 pm

"I think Nick was destitute, broke and had no place to go, and I really [think] that played a role and one of the biggest things. I think he had a big burden on his shoulders he wanted to get off. It just cost him his life probably,” said Dr. Maurice Godwin, criminal psychologist and forensic investigator.

BBM

Awww, too bad. Boo freaking hoo. Poor guy, was broke and destitute and had "big burdens". No excuse to kill someone. Maybe if he hadn't been living in a bar (so to speak) he wouldn't have been so broke, destitute, and burdened. God, what a tool Dr Maurice Godwin is.
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 21, 2014 10:11 pm

HippyChick2 wrote:Agree to a point, Wrap.  Even in a bar where "everybody knows your name" isn't safe when you are a female and take a ride from someone, whether you know them or not.  And wasn't it mentioned she was in shorts and a halter top or something similar?  Women need to smarten up- don't go out dressed provocatively and not expect to attract attention.  Don't go out alone.  Don't take rides from people, especially bar-fly losers like this guy was.  Don't drink in a bar and expect to be able to use your stay-safe common sense when your senses are dulled by alcohol.

Its sad that its come to this.  We live in predatory times.  We have to THINK to stay safe. Where you park, what you wear, what you do, who you talk to, etc.  Its a lot of shit that any smart woman keeps in check.  Don't be a victim.  Don't become a topic on a true crime board!!! soap box 

I love you all, BTW.
I hear you, Hippy. When I go out which is rare, it's w/my gf's I've known for decades that are like sisters. Would NEVER in a gazillion years accept a ride home from some stranger or even someone I don't know that well. Re: Shorts and halter top. I'm use to seeing lots of that in FL. I've seen so many young gals dress like streetwalkers getting wasted and leaving the bar w/anyone.

One of my best male friends has been a cab driver in this town for over 25 years and he's the ONLY one I call when I take a cab.

Even parking a car at night is scary..or getting into your car..I always look in the back seat before opening the door.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 21, 2014 10:12 pm

HippyChick2 wrote:"I think Nick was destitute, broke and had no place to go, and I really [think] that played a role and one of the biggest things. I think he had a big burden on his shoulders he wanted to get off. It just cost him his life probably,” said Dr. Maurice Godwin, criminal psychologist and forensic investigator.

BBM

Awww, too bad.   Boo freaking hoo.  Poor guy, was broke and destitute and had "big burdens".  No excuse to kill someone.  Maybe if he hadn't been living in a bar (so to speak) he wouldn't have been so broke, destitute, and burdened.  God, what a tool Dr Maurice Godwin is.
EXACTLY!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2