Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

4 posters

Go down

Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense Empty Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:37 am

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.

Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."

In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]data="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_h5g42p55/uiconf_id/6740162">
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense Empty Re: Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks to ABC paying for TLMS's defense! angry It\\'s Not Fair angry
(I didn't know if I should make a new thread for this or use one of the existing, please move if there's a better place for this.)
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense Empty Re: Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 pm

agreed It\\'s Not Fair angry

I rarely watch ABC and will be certain to never watch it again. Their job is to report the news as it is, not to help in the defense of a person such as TLMS in this case. 🇳🇴 fingertap IMHO

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Problem with boycotting ABC is that I love Dancing With the Stars
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 pm

I would like to add more to this thread after thinking about it. ABC paid for all the precious photos and videos we have to remember Caylee. I hate where the money went. But in no way did Jose have a winning case. The State lost the case. The jurors are the ones that are guilty of letting a baby killer go free. The end result was not ABC fault IMHO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 pm

agreed LM

I should have added what my husband and I talked about when I read him that article. We had the same thoughts about the lousy jurors that should feel guilty of letting TLMS, the baby killer go free. crap my 2 cents

IMHO I still feel that the media today fuels the fire instead of just presenting the facts to us.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:16 pm

You're both right imo but for Bozo to flaunt the win in the publics face I get so angry and if ABC wouldn't have 'paid' for most of the defense tab then maybe the TLMS would have had to use a public defender and she might be sitting in prison right now. I'd rather see George/Cindy make the money off the Caylee pictures/videos and know that TLMS was safely tucked away in prison for many years.
BUT I completely agree about the jurors! I hope they always feel guilty for their laziness.
I agree with you PFF, the media today fuels the fire all the time these days, it makes me sick.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 am

I agree with all 3 of you LM, PFF and Raine

Here's where it gets clouded for me... ABC paid Casey for Caylee's pictures, her Defense team got the money, but it was George and Cindy who handed over the pictures.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:21 am

Good point Nite! I forget now if TLMS showed that $200K income or if it was George and Cindy. Unfortunately someone had a plan and it worked. Then on top of it to get that jury of all juries. It just makes me sick.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:51 am

I am not surprised by this at all. It was not a secret that ABC paid TMLS 200K. ABC also set G&C up at The Ritz and paid for their flight to and from LA and paid for their crab puff din-din the DAY Caylee's skull was found.

Do I think it is because of ABC that TMLS walked free? NO. This was such a high profile case that it would have been taken on pro-bono and in all reality, WAS a pro bono case. Mason didn't get paid, Bozo used up that ABC money very quickly and with all the "experts" they had and all the other attorney's, 200K would have been a drop in the proverbial bucket, HOWEVER ABC went above and beyond to make the defense and the Anthony's "comfortable" and that pisses me off!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down