Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!!

+3
raine1953
adelacruz
Wrapitup
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 am

By KATU.com Staff Published: Oct 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM PDT

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Gresham woman has disappeared under what police have labeled 'suspicious' circumstances.

Whitney Heichel did not show up to work Tuesday morning and her vehicle, a black 1999 Ford Explorer (pictured in the photo gallery), was later found abandoned in the parking lot of the Wood Village WalMart at 23500 N.E. Sandy Boulevard.

The vehicle's window was shattered and it appeared as if someone had rummaged around inside.

Gresham police are looking for leads in the case. At this point, investigators do not know if Heichel left of her own accord and is simply unaccounted for, or if she was a victim of foul play.

Police are asking anyone who might have seen Heichel (who is 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds) or her vehicle (further described as having tinted tail lights and Oregon license plate 189 EJZ) to call the Gresham Police Tip Line at (503) 618-2719.

The following is a timeline from Tuesday that detectives have put together:

6:45 a.m. - Heichel left her apartment in the 700 block of Southeast Highway 26. She was headed to work at the Starbucks in East Gresham near Powell and Burnside, which is just five minutes away from her home.
7 a.m. - Heichel was supposed to be at work by this time but never showed up.
9:56 a.m. - Heichel's husband called 9-1-1 to report her missing.
12:30 p.m. - Friends and family reported that Heichel's ATM card was used at a gas station at Southeast 257th and Stark. Detectives verified that was correct and that her vehicle was at the gas station at 9:14 a.m.
1 p.m. - Family and friends begin distributing flyers and discover Heichel's vehicle at the WalMart in Wood Village at 23500 N.E. Sandy Blvd. The vehicle's passenger side window had been broken out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty 21-year-old Whitney Heichel, from Gresham, OR murdered/ Jonathan Daniel Holt was been arrested for Whitney's murder

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 am

by KGW Staff
NWCN.com
Posted on October 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:05 PM
GRESHAM, Ore. – A Gresham woman is missing and police are investigating what they described as “suspicious” circumstances involving her disappearance.
Whitney Heichel, 21, failed to show up for work at a Gresham Starbucks Tuesday morning and her co-workers said she has always been very punctual.

Her vehicle, a 1999 black Ford Explorer, was later found parked outside the Walmart store in Wood Village. Police towed it away as part of their investigation.

A family member told KGW several transactions were made on Heichel’s debit card, including at ATM machines and 3 different gas stations.

They said that gas station attendants at one of those locations -- a truck stop in Troutdale - remembered seeing her SUV and said Heichel as sitting in the passenger seat with a man driving. They said the man was acting suspicious and hurried, buying only a small amount if gas.

Police have not released any further details in the investigation.

Gresham Police said Heichel is a Jehovah's Witness.  Lt. Claudio Grandjean said there were about 30 friends, family, and members of the church looking for Heichel on Tuesday afternoon.

Excuse me, but what does her religious affiliation have to do with her missing??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Re: Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:16 am

What Happened to Whitney Heichel?

October 17, 2012 03:50 AM EDT
Twenty-one-year-old Whitney Heichel hasn't been seen since yesterday morning and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are suspicious to say the least. The young woman didn't show up for work yesterday and her 1999 black Ford Explorer was located abandoned with shattered windows. The vehicle had been plundered.

This is truly a distressing story that is still developing with no coverage by the mainstream media. Heichel's debit card is showing a lot of activity including several ATM withdrawals at at least three different gas stations surrounding the Gresham, Oregon region.

There is one witness in this case so far -- a gas station attendant who claims to have seen Whitney Heichel and an unidentified man. He said she was in the passenger side of her Jeep and the man that was driving was hurried and suspicious. Indeed, this is not looking like a happy ending is in store for the missing woman.

If you've seen the woman pictured above, please contact police in Gresham, Ore., @(503)618-2719.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Re: Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 am

My heart goes out to her and her family! :( This one touches my heart more because I'm also a Jehovah's Witness. I know religion doesn't have anything to do with her missing. Thank you for posting info on her. I'm super scared, it's not looking good, but I also hope I'm wrong.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Starbucks barista Whitney Heichel missing, frantic search underway in Oregon

Post by raine1953 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

A frantic search is underway for a young, married Starbucks barista possibly abducted on her five-minute drive to work early Tuesday.
Whitney Heichel, 21, left her apartment in Gresham, Oregon, shortly before her 7 a.m. shift but mysteriously vanished in her 1999 Ford Explorer, police said.
Her ATM card was later used at a local gas station at 9:14 a.m. with grainy surveillance tape showing her vehicle at the location, cops confirmed.
Four hours later, the black SUV was found abandoned in a nearby Walmart parking lot with a shattered window, the back seats pushed down and mud on the tires, a police spokesman told the Daily News.
Husband Clinton Heichel, 28, called 911 to report the petite brunette missing at 9:56 a.m. after getting a call from a concerned Starbucks co-worker and reportedly trying to track her down at her parents' home, at a local hospital and over the phone.
“The circumstances under which we found her car and the fact she’s otherwise a reliable person make this very suspicious,” Gresham Police Lt. Claudio Grandjean told the Daily News.
“We’re following up dozens of leads,” he said. “We have interviewed her husband quite a bit, and he’s been very cooperative.”
He said detectives had no suspects as of Wednesday morning.
Friends and family, meanwhile, circulated an online poster claiming that “several transactions” were made on Whitney's debit card after her disappearance, including at ATM machines and three different gas stations.
Grandjean said Wednesday that police had verified only the 9:14 a.m. transaction at the gas station.
An attendant at one of the stations allegedly remembered seeing a man who appeared “suspicious and hurried” driving the vehicle with Heichel sitting in the passenger seat, the poster claimed.
“She got dressed this morning, normal everything. Kissed me goodbye, said goodbye,” husband Clinton Heichel told KPTV on Tuesday. “That was 6:45 this morning.”
He said it was highly out of character for her to ignore his messages.
Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 pm

press conference just began!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Missing Whittney Heichel's Husband
Whittney Heichel worked at Starbucks in Gresham, Oregon. She got up early to start her 7 a.m. shift, but didn't make it to work, which is five minutes away. Her car was found dirty with a broken window in a nearby Walmart parking lot later Tuesday afternoon. Police have spotted her car on surveillance at a gas station at 9:00 a.m. that morning and her credit card was used, but they cannot tell who was driving it.

The local media has interviewed Whittney's husband above, and what I see causes me great concern. He is leaking a lot of hot spots that cannot be overlooked.

When Clint talks about Whitney that morning, he says, "She got dressed this morning, you know -- normal everything," but shrugs his shoulders. Why is he showing doubt about that? Why doesn't he give us details instead of "normal everything"?

He continues..."and left..kissed me goodbye."

If you notice he is not talking about his last experience with Whittney. He is just rambling random thoughts. This flags me. He talks about her leaving and then kissing him. That's odd. People don't usually remember things so out of order when recollecting a last time seeing someone.

When Clint says "I feel really helpless...its..I don't really know...I don't know how to deal with this, you know, what to do next."

Why isn't he helping people search and organize a search for his wife? Why isn't he passing out fliers of his car and her photo? This baffles me he doesn't know he should do this.

Clint shows no emotions, yet you would expect him to be concerned because it strongly appears that his wife met with foul play, but he doesn't show any concern, worry or sadness. This is a red flag.

Clint says, "So many scenarios have run through my mind and I don't ...I try not to entertain them, but, you know, in this day and age, you just never know." As Clint says this, he shows us physical hedges.

Chris says, "Anybody that has a loved or is married or anything knows that...you know, if your spouse goes missing and there's no word that's....I don't know what to say, I don't know what think. I don't know what to do, you know, its completely ...very odd."

Chris' statement is incredibly detached. Do you notice he never refers to his wife by her name?

I suspect police will likely narrow their focus towards Clint. His hot spots cannot be ignored nor should they be.

I really respect eye for lies... :(
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 am

|
|

By SHARDE MILLER
Oct. 18, 2012
Authorities used red tape to mark where they found broken glass and tire marks in a heavily wooded area in Gresham, Ore., as part of their search for a Starbucks employee who disappeared on her way to work.

It's unclear whether they found any significant clues.

Investigators searched the park in Clackamas County and also Larch Mountain Wednesday in connection to the disappearance of Whitney Heichel, 21. She was last seen Tuesday when she kissed her husband goodbye and left for work at Starbucks, a five-minute drive from her home.

Gresham police have called Heichel's disappearance "suspicious" and fear they are in a race against time to find her.

"Right now we have 24 detectives working on it," Gresham Police Department spokesman Lt. Claudio Grandjean said. "We want to be able to jump on leads we have right away. The colder those leads get, the more difficult it becomes."

Of the park findings, he said, "I'm not prepared to say that's the broken glass that came from her vehicle, although it's absolutely possible."

Heichel's black Ford Explorer was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot hours after her disappearance. The passenger side window had been shattered.

Police aren't saying what brought them to search the wooded area.

Heichel's husband, Clint, has said she kissed him goodbye and left for her job just before 7 a.m.

"She got ready, did her normal thing and I kind of woke up and said, 'Bye. I'll see you when you get home,'" Clint Heichel told ABC News' Portland affiliate, KATU-TV, Wednesday.

Heichel reported his wife was missing at 9:56 a.m. after her supervisor alerted him that she did not show up for work.

"I called her several times," he said. "I texted her several times and then actually at about 9:30ish, her phone got to the point where you would call and it went straight to voicemail."

Police say surveillance cameras recorded her vehicle pulling into a Shell gas station around 9 a.m. and her ATM card was used.

Her husband said bank records show the same card was used at another gas station minutes later, but police have not confirmed that.

"One at 9:22 and then one at about 9:30, which was kind of odd, both for gas eight minutes apart," Heichel said.

Police spokesman Grandjean said, "The video is inconclusive in terms of being able to tell who's in the vehicle but we can tell it's the vehicle and we know through bank records it's the car."

Police have not yet released the surveillance video, but they plan on doing a briefing later this morning, according to KATU.

"Not having her around is just overwhelming and it's hit met like a ton of bricks," Heichel said.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:22 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Search for Whitney: 'We're not giving up'

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 pm

GRESHAM, Ore. -- The mother of missing 21-year-old Whitney Heichel made an emotional plea to the public on Thursday to help find her daughter.

At a media briefing at Gresham City Hall, Lorilei Ritmiller said she was speaking out to both show support for Heichel's husband Clint and to reiterate that Heichel is beloved in her tight-knit community. She implored anyone with information to call police.

"She's sunshine in our heart," Ritmiller said. "She's gentle. She's compassionate ... She's this compassionate laughing person. Her heart's as big as the sun ... This is just a great human being. This is a person you'd think no one could ever hurt."

Ritmiller said Heichel was at her house on Monday, the night before she disappeared. The family was preparing for an upcoming wedding. She said her daughter was talking about her future, noting her desire to be a mother.

"That was her biggest hope -- to have babies," she said.

After Ritmiller spoke, Heichel's husband made his way to the podium. After showing little emotion while family spokesperson Jim Vaughn, Gresham Police Department Lt. Claudio Grandjean and Gresham Police Chief Craig Juninger addressed the media, Clint Heichel reached the podium and broke down in tears.

After being comforted by Juninger, Heichel eventually left the podium without giving a statement.

Whitney Heichel went missing Tuesday after she failed to arrived at her job at a nearby Starbucks. Gresham police called her disappearance "suspicious" and Grandjean reiterated that again Thursday, citing the nature of her disappearance.

"Generally speaking, stranger-on-stranger crime is not very common," Grandjean said.

Know something? Call the Gresham Police tip line: (503) 618-2719

Still, investigators have several theories they are working through, but all possibilities remain open, Grandjean said.

"We're not giving up," said family spokesman Jim Vaughn. "We're keeping positive about this whole situation."

A Starbucks spokeswoman said the company is "deeply concerned" about Whitney and that they are working with investigators to help in any way possible.

Starbucks is letting the family and police put missing person flyers in their stores.

Starbucks Coffee

@Starbucks
Hopeful for the safe return of Whitney Heichel. We’re working to support authorities, family & friends at this difficult time. #findwhitney
18 Oct 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Whitney's Ford Explorer was found abandoned at around 11 a.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of the Wood Village Walmart at 23500 N.E. Sandy Boulevard. The passenger side window was smashed and the tires were muddy.

Investigators searched Dodge Park in Clackamas County, and spent all day Thursday searching Larch Mountain. Grandjean said investigators will continue to canvass the Heichel's neighborhood.

In a briefing on Thursday afternoon, Grandjean said investigators found "some important items" during their search, although he would not elaborate.

Investigators have also pulled and reviewed video in areas of Wood Village, Fairview and Troutdale where they think Heichel was Tuesday morning.

"We've found video that's been helpful for us," Grandjean said, although he refused to comment further on specifics. Both Starbucks and WalMart, along with other businesses, have provided police with lots of security footage.

Grandjean said tips have been pouring into the police department's tip line, saying that 25 new tips came in Wednesday yesterday. Around two dozen more came in on Thursday.

“The evidence and leads have not gone cold," Grandjean said. "The goal is to find her.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Timeline: The search for Whitney Heichel

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Posted on October 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Updated today at 12:47 PM

Gresham police released a timeline in the disappearance of Whitney Heichel, and hoped that anyone with information would call the tip line at (503) 618-2719.

6:45 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney Heichel left for work, which is about five minutes from her home. Her husband Clint said that was the last time he saw her.
7:00 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney failed to show up for work at the Starbucks on Northeast Burnside Street in Gresham.
9:14 a.m. Tuesday: Whitney's SUV pulled into a Shell service station on 257th and Stark, and her bank card was used.
10:00 a.m. Tuesday: Clint Heichel called 911 to report that his wife was missing.
Tuesday mid-morning: Whitney's debit card was reportedly used at two more gas stations and an ATM.
1 p.m. Tuesday: Whitney's vehicle, a 1999 black Ford Explorer with tinted taillights and Ore. license plate 189EJZ, was found outside the Walmart in Wood Village.
Wednesday: Police announced they would be focusing the search on Dodge Park and Larch Mountain, where they said Whitney's vehicle had been.
10:00 a.m. Thursday: Police revealed at a press conference they had recovered "several items" while searching Dodge Park and Larch Mountain. Her family also spoke.
5:00 p.m. Thursday: Children playing at an apartment complex at 701 257th Ave in Troutdale found Whitney Heichel's cell phone and turned it in to police.
Background: Crews recover several items in search for Gresham woman

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Latest on Missing Starbucks Barista Points to Something Truly Sinister

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on October 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM

By all accounts, Whitney Heichel wasn't the type of woman who would go "missing" on her own. She wanted children and loved her husband and her family. When the pretty Starbucks employee disappeared last Tuesday, it seemed almost certain that something awful had befallen the young wife from Oregon.

Her commute was only five minutes and her car was found later in a parking lot with a window smashed in, abandoned and alone. Now police are searching the woods nearby and no one is really expecting good news.

The missing young women cases -- Laci Peterson, Lori Hacking, and Stacy Peterson -- always go viral. People are interested because it scares them. But those three also have something else in common -- the husband is under heavy suspicion or is eventually convicted of murder.

The reasons for the suspicion are always the same. "The husband didn't act like he cared" (or some variation of that). He acted weird. He acted distant. He didn't cry. He talked about her in the past tense an hour two of her disappearance. On and on it goes. Time and again, this is the same story.

Heichel's story is different. Her husband is visibly shaken. He cried at the press conference as soon as he said her name. He is devastated. And finally, it seems obvious how a person "should" behave. I always said there was no "should." Turns out? There is.

When a person disappears, it would be understandable to be in shock. Maybe you wouldn't cry or grieve right away. But to do nothing? To talk about her in the past tense? That's fishy all right.

Heichel's disappearance is frightening and awful in so many ways. Somehow it's easier to "rest easy" as a viewer or news reader when you think it was the husband. But when the husband is just as clearly broken up and terrified, it seems clear that this was even scarier and possibly completely random.

Any case like this is tragic and awful. But somehow this is even scarier.

I doubt her husband had anything to do with this. She was spotted at a gas station in the passenger seat of her truck w/a man..not her husband. Too bad the surveillance video is grainy.my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Cellphone of missing Ore. barista discovered outside local apartment complex

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 pm

October 19, 2012 2:12 PM

By Casey Glynn Topics Daily Blotter

(CBS) GRESHAM, Ore. - Police confirmed that a cellphone apparently belonging to missing 21-year-old Oregon barista Whitney Heichel was found outside a local apartment complex Thursday.

At a Friday morning news conference, Gresham Police Department spokesman Lt. Claudio Grandjean said the device was found by two children playing in a field area near Troutdale Terrace Apartments around 5:30 p.m. Thursday evening. He said no other items were found along with the phone.

Police are hoping the phone would provide clues that would lead them to the Heichel, who was reported missing Oct. 16 when she did not show up for work at her job at a Starbucks near her home.

Heichel's car was later found that day at a Walmart parking lot in Wood Village with the passenger side window smashed. Police say Heichel's ATM card was used at a Troutdale gas station.

The apartment complex where the cell phone was found is located between the parking lot and the gas station, Grandjean said Friday, calling it a key area.

Searchers have been looking for clues at Larch Mountain and Dodge Park, both remote forested areas east of Gresham, where they believe her SUV was driven. Grandjean said investigators expect to complete their search of Larch Mountain on Friday afternoon.

Police say they've received a number of tips and they continue to investigate it as a missing person case.

Police Chief Craig Junginger said previously that "property" has been recovered at several locations, but it is uncertain if it that property is related to the case.

Investigators are also still combing through surveillance video.

Heichel is 5-foot-2 and weighs about 120 pounds. Anyone who may have seen Heichel is asked to call the Gresham Police Tip Line at 503-618-2719.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Police Say Missing Oregon Woman's Cellphone Found

By STEVEN DUBOIS Associated Press
GRESHAM, Ore. October 19, 2012 (AP)

Police say children playing outside an apartment complex have found the cellphone of an Oregon woman who vanished three days ago under suspicious circumstances.

The cellphone contained text messages asking 21-year-old Whitney Heichel where she was and if she was OK, Gresham Police said Friday. Police didn't say who sent them or whether there was a response.

The children found the phone in a field that includes a network of walking trails, police Lt. Claudio Grandjean said.

Police were notified of the discovery of the cellphone late Thursday afternoon, and were examining it for clues about what happened to the Starbucks barista after she failed to show up for work Tuesday.

"We know we have a nugget in that phone," Grandjean said.

Heichel reportedly left her apartment for work at about 6:45 a.m. The drive to Starbucks takes less than five minutes.

Her husband, Clint, called police roughly three hours later. He told investigators he tried to reach Whitney multiple times after her boss alerted him that she never arrived for her 7 a.m. shift.

Grandjean said neither Clint Heichel nor anyone else has been identified as a person of interest in the case, and it's still uncertain whether Whitney Heichel is the victim of a crime.

"At this point nobody has been totally cleared, because we don't know exactly what we have," he said. "But if you're asking if he is a suspect — no."

Police said Heichel's ATM card was used at a Troutdale gas station at 9:14 a.m. Two hours later, her sport utility vehicle was found in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Wood Village with the passenger side window smashed.

The field in which Heichel's phone was found is between the gas station and the Wal-Mart, giving investigators another venue to search.

Investigators planned to continue examining surveillance videos from Wal-Mart and other locations Friday, and wrap up their search of Larch Mountain, a remote, forested area east of Gresham where detectives believe the SUV was at some point Tuesday morning. Police have declined to say how they know it was there.

Heichel is described as standing 5-foot-2, weighing about 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

"When she's been missing for two or three hours, there's a lot of possible, logical explanations," Grandjean said. "When she's been missing for 36 or longer, it's concerning. And the possible explanations are more concerning, and possibly criminal."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 am

News conference on local Portland TV channel 2 (KATU) right now.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:04 am

Jonathan Daniel Holt has been arrested after Whitney's body was found in the last few hours. Personal effects of Whitney's were found in a WalMart dumpster in Wood Village near Gresham and Troutdale, OR. Personal items were also found on Larch Mountain where her body was found. Some items led them to Holt who is an acquaintance of the Whitney's and lived in the same apartment building.

Too much being reported on TV....will try to find an article on the web.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Gresham police announce discovery of body, arrest of suspect at late-night news conference in Whitney Heichel disappearance

Post by Nama Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 am

Gresham police say they have located the body of Whitney Heichel and arrested a suspect in her killing.

Police Chief Craig Junginger identified the suspect as Jonathan Holt of Gresham, an acquaintance of the Heichel family.

Mayor Shane Bemis expressed the city's condolences to Heichel's family and friends.

The dramatic news was announced during a rare 10 p.m. Friday news conference at the Gresham City Council Chambers, across from City Hall. The city sent a notice of the event barely two hours earlier.

It came four days after the 21-year-old woman left at 6:45 a.m. from the Gresham apartment shared with her husband, Clint, for a 7 a.m. barista shift at a nearby Starbucks. She never made it.

Police said Heichel's debit card was used at a gas station at 257th Avenue and Stark Street at 9:14 a.m. Tuesday. Her Ford Explorer was left at the Wood Village Walmart at 11:17 a.m., surveillance video showed. The SUV was found by her family and friends about 1 p.m. with one of its windows broken.

More than 100 tips have poured in to Gresham police in the past few days.

Police have searched Dodge Park and Larch Mountain since Wednesday, believing that Heichel's SUV was taken to both areas.

They also have searched the grounds of the Troutdale Terrace Apartment complex, where Heichel's cellphone was discovered by children playing about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Forensic analysis on her SUV also has yielded helpful clues in the investigation, police said.

The phone location is key, Grandjean said. It is less than three miles from the Walmart where her SUV was parked and about two miles from the gas station where her ATM card was used.

Heichel’s case, which has drawn national media crews to Gresham, has become a focus for residents.

At a recent political forum, a woman greeted Police Chief Junginger and told him that from the beauty shop to the grocery store, everyone was talking about the case.

Junginger lamented that Heichel, described by all as devoted to her religion, her husband and her family, came to the city’s attention under such circumstances.

But he agreed with the woman’s assessment at the forum that the community has pulled together. “We really are a small community in this city.”

Donations for the Heichel family can be made at the family's website or through Rivermark Credit Union.

Authorities encourage anyone with any information relating to the case to call them at 503-618-2719.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Jonathan Daniel Holt

Post by Nama Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:24 am

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Whitney-1
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:31 am

This is so SAD!! Was hoping against hope that she left on her own. OMG!!! Yet another beautiful young woman killed for nothing!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 am

I followed this one closer than I have any in a long time. Such a sad outcome to such a beautiful life. Im beyond curious about why he did this and what really happened. Did she go with him willingly since they knew him? Ive been searching online for information into Johnathons life but not finding much at this point. RIP WHITNEY
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 am

Im not any good at putting pictures on here(Im tech challenged) Here is his mug shot!!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty From Sly's link

Post by Nama Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:12 am

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Mug

Charges:

AGGR MURDER (A Felony)
AGGR MURDER (A Felony)
AGGR MURDER (A Felony)
Booking Information
SWIS ID: 768300
Name: Holt, Jonathan Daniel
Race: White
Height: 5 ft 10 in
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Arresting Agency: Gresham Police Department
Arrest Date: 10/19/2012 5:00 PM
Booking Date: 10/20/2012 12:20 AM
Current Status: In Custody
Assigned Facility: MCDC
Projected Release Date: Unknown
Court Case No. None DA Case No. None Citation No. None
Charge Bail Status
AGGR MURDER (A Felony) $0 Unsentenced
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Whitney Heichel: Missing Oregon Barista's Body Found, Neighbor Arrested

|
|

By SYDNEY LUPKIN
Oct. 20, 2012
The search for missing barista Whitney Heichel, 21, came to a close Friday night when police found her body and arrested a neighbor in connection with her death.

Police found Heichel's body on Larch Mountain, a 40-minute drive up winding roads from her home in Gresham, Ore.

They arrested Jonathan Holt, 24, an acquaintance and neighbor, after a series of interviews reportedly didn't add up and they found his fingerprints and DNA in her recovered car.

"Really words can't begin to express the sadness that our families are experiencing tonight," family spokesman Jim Vaughn said.

Heichel, 21, was reported missing on Tuesday morning when she did not show up for work at Starbucks, which was just a five minute drive from her home. Not long after, her Ford Explorer was found abandoned in a Walmart parking lot with its passenger side window shattered.

Her husband, Clinton, reported her missing at 10 a.m., about 2 and a half hours after she was supposed to report for work.

"I called her several times," Clinton Heichel said Wednesday. "I texted her several times and then actually at about 9:30ish, her phone got to the point where you would call and it went straight to voicemail."

Whitney Heichel's bank card was used to get gas at two different gas stations within eight minutes, her husband said, and police had been studying a surveillance video from the first station.

A man told police he recognized Heichel sitting in the passenger seat of her car at another station shortly before 9:30 a.m., but a man was driving.

Children playing outside an apartment building found Heichel's phone in some bushes on Thursday, and their parents knew it was Heichel's immediately because the screensaver showed her picture. It also had text messages asking if she was okay.

Earlier in the week, a search team discovered tire tracks, broken glass and Heichel's license plate on Larch Mountain, where they would later find her body.

Her mother, Lorelei Ritmiller, spoke to the city council on Thursday.

""She's gentle. She's compassionate...She's this compassionate laughing person. Her heart is as big as the sun ... This is just a great human being. This is a person you'd think no one could ever hurt," Ritmiller said, according to ABC News affiliate KATU.

Ritmiller said she saw her daughter for the last time on Monday, and they talked about her greatest hope, which was to have children.

"Whitney in many ways represented all of our wives, daughters, and loved ones," said Gresham Mayor Shane Bemis.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Suspect in Whitney Heichel slaying found through intense investigation by police, volunteers

By Helen Jung, The Oregonian
on October 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM, updated October 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Ross William Hamilton, The Oregonian

Gresham, Oregon---October 20, 2012-- Early Saturday afternoon, friends and acquaintances of Whitney Heichel gathered outside and inside the Starbucks where Heichel was a barista. Police announced Friday night that they had found the body of Heichel, 21, who had been missing since Tuesday, and arrested Jonathan Holt in her killing. A candlelight service is planned for 6 p.m. Saturday at the Starbucks, 2442 E. Burnside, Gresham, where Whitney Heichel worked.

On the morning that she vanished, Whitney Heichel kissed her husband goodbye before heading out into the chilly, damp air.

It was dark -- sunrise was still 45 minutes away last Tuesday morning -- and Heichel had a 7 a.m. shift at a Starbucks just a short drive away.

But she wasn't the only one outside the Heatherwood Apartments at that time, detectives would learn, as they investigated why the 21-year-old woman never made it to work.

Over the next four days of intense investigative efforts, Jonathan D. Holt, another resident of the Gresham apartment complex, would go from potential witness to prime suspect in Heichel's disappearance.

Around the clock, police officers, church members, friends, family and other community members searched for clues, uncovered evidence and sent tips. Investigators interviewed Holt, noting inconsistencies in his answers. And results from forensic tests Friday, together with his statements and other evidence, culminated in Holt's Friday night arrest on accusations of aggravated murder.

"It was a totality of information that got us to the point we believed we had enough information that Holt was responsible for her disappearance," Gresham Police Chief Craig Junginger said in an email Saturday.

Around the same time that police arrested Holt, searchers on Larch Mountain in east Multnomah County found Heichel's body. The discovery crushed hopes that somehow the woman known for her compassion and friendliness and who dreamed about having children with her beloved husband would be found alive.

"Really, words can't begin to express the sadness that our families are experiencing tonight," Jim Vaughn, a spokesman for the family, said Friday night. "Whitney was a very loving person, one who was loved by everyone. She had no enemies, she had no people that didn't love her."

Holt is scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon in Clackamas County Circuit Court. Heichel was killed in Clackamas County, not in Multnomah County where her body was found, according to Gresham police. A Multnomah County prosecutor will continue to work with Clackamas County on the case.

The medical examiner completed an autopsy on Heichel Saturday afternoon, but the results were not made public.

The investigation that would span two counties, pull personnel from eight different agencies and command the efforts of hundreds of church and community volunteers, started with a morning phone call.

Sometime after 8 a.m. Tuesday, Heichel's Starbucks manager called Clint Heichel to alert him that his wife had failed to show up at work.

Her husband tried several times to reach Whitney Heichel on her cellphone. Other friends and family also tried texting her. Unable to reach her, Clint Heichel called police just before 10 a.m.

Whitney Heichel disappearance
Here's a timeline of events, based on police reports and family statements:
Monday evening: Whitney visits her mother, Lorilei Ritmiller, and talks about how much she wants to be a mother.
Tuesday, 6:45 a.m.: Whitney leaves the Heatherwood Apartments in the 700 block of U.S. 26
Tuesday, 7 a.m.: Heichel fails to show up for work at the Starbucks near Powell and Burnside in East Gresham.
Tuesday, 9:14 a.m.: Someone uses Whitney's ATM card at a gas station at 257th and Stark.
Tuesday, 9:56 a.m.: Clint Heichel, Whitney's husband, calls 9-1-1.
Tuesday, 11:17 a.m.: Whitney's Ford Explorer is left in the parking lot of the Walmart at 23500 N.E. Sandy in Wood Village.
Tuesday, 1 p.m.: Family and friends looking for Whitney find her Explorer at the Wood Village Walmart.
Wednesday: The East County Major Crimes Team is activated and a team of 24 detectives starts following leads. In addition to other areas, they search in Dodge Park and on Larch Mountain.
Thursday, 10 a.m.: Gresham police call a news conference to talk to reporters about events related to Whitney's disappearance. Among other things, they reveal they have received more than 40 tips over two days.
Thursday at 4 p.m.: In a second news conference, police say that they have been searching Larch Mountain all day and are still doing so. They have been joined by Search and Rescue volunteers and Oregon State Police forensic experts.
Thursday at 5:24 p.m.: A woman reports that kids playing outside a Troutdale apartment complex have found a cellphone that turns out to belong to Whitney Heichel.

A group organized by the Heichels' Jehovah's Witness church also soon hit the streets. They searched extensively -- and effectively -- finding Heichel's black 1999 Ford Explorer at 1 p.m. in the Walmart parking lot at Wood Village. The passenger side window had been broken.

Gresham detectives arrived at the lot and soon found some of Heichel's belongings in a garbage bin there and, later, at another shopping center. Video surveillance footage from Walmart would later show investigators the vehicle had been left at 11:17 that morning.

But the footage did not show a suspect to an identifiable degree, Junginger said.

Meanwhile, investigators led by Gresham Lt. Claudio Grandjean developed information that suggested Heichel's vehicle had been driven to Clackamas County. Church volunteers fanned out, finding evidence linked to her near Dodge Park.

By Wednesday morning, authorities were able to determine that Heichel's ATM card had been used at a gas station at Southwest 257th and Southeast Stark, at 9:14 a.m. the previous day. Authorities launched a search at Dodge Park. Around the same time, more church members and other community volunteers theorized how far Heichel's vehicle could travel in the window established by the ATM card being used and the vehicle being found at the nearby Walmart, said Vaughn, the family friend. They also considered places where a suspect might leave someone, focusing on waterways and wooded areas.

That strategizing yielded a big find -- the volunteers discovered Heichel's vehicle license plate at Larch Mountain. Search and rescue crews shifted to that area, uncovering a large amount of evidence over the next two days -- and eventually, Heichel's body.

It was also Wednesday that police heard that Holt, a neighbor in the Heichels' apartment complex, might have been outside the complex that morning.

Police wondered whether Holt might have seen anything suspicious that morning, and he agreed to come in for an interview.

But in a follow-up interview the next day, Holt's story started to change, Junginger said. He gave different times and places in answering some of the same questions investigators had posed previously. Police collected his DNA and took his fingerprints.

On Thursday, children discovered Heichel's cellphone in a field near a Troutdale apartment complex, giving police additional unspecified evidence implicating Holt, Junginger said.

And then Friday, investigators received results of forensics tests of Heichel's vehicle that linked Holt to her SUV, Junginger said. The evidence, bolstered by Holt's conflicting accounts and other statements he made, built a case that led police to make the arrest.

Police have not said what they think happened outside the apartment complex Tuesday morning between Holt and Whitney Heichel. Holt was acquainted with both the Heichels and may have been familiar with them through Jehovah's Witness gatherings, Junginger said. But there was no evidence of any relationship between Holt and Whitney Heichel beyond being acquaintances, he said.

On Saturday, many of those involved in the investigation were decompressing after 18- and 20-hour shifts. While they work their best on every major crime, Junginger said, the Heichel case was "a tough investigation." The more they learned about her and the more time they spent with her family, the more "detectives could relate to their own families."

At times, officers kept at the investigation so much that Grandjean, the lead investigator, had to tell them to eat and to go home and rest.

"When we're in the trenches, working the long hours, I think we're motivated by justice," he said. "It is inspiring to work with people who sacrifice like that for others in that way."

Junginger credited the volunteers for their contribution and their discoveries, noting that their assistance "almost tripled the amount of people" who could search.

Vaughn, the family friend, said the church and community pulled together to just do what they could to help find someone they loved.

"We're just normal everyday people that wouldn't know our right hand from our left on how to do something really good other than pounding the pavement. That's what Jehovah's Witnesses are known for."

They just wish the outcome had been better, he said.

"We're 7 million strong," he said. "When one of us hurts, we're all hurting, because we consider ourselves to be brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and friends. It's just the way we are."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Suspect in Whitney Heichel's slaying transferred to Clackamas County, where he will face arraignment

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 am

By Sara Hottman, The Oregonian
on October 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM, updated October 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Early this morning Jonathan Holt was transferred to jail in Clackamas County, where police believe he killed a young Gresham woman who went missing Tuesday morning.

Whitney Heichel's body was found Friday on Larch Mountain in east Multnomah County.

Holt is being held without bail on three charges of aggravated murder. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday afternoon in Clackamas County Circuit Court. Heichel was killed in Clackamas County, not in Multnomah County where her body was found, according to Gresham Police.

On Friday Gresham Police arrested Holt after the nearly four day search for Heichel, 21, ended.

Heichel's disappearance shook the Gresham community as volunteers and her Jehovah's Witness congregation searched for her around the clock.

Her husband, Clint, reported her missing Tuesday morning when she didn't arrive at her shift at Starbucks, where she had worked as a barista for three years. Gresham Police got involved when a search team of church congregants found her car, with a broken front window, parked in Wood Village.

The Multnomah County medical examiner completed Heichel's autopsy Saturday afternoon, but Gresham Police are not releasing the results, said Laura Bridges-Shepard, communications director for the city.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 am

|
|
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:00 pm

thank you for the updates Wrapitup

This is indeed a very very sad outcome :( not what we had hoped for at all.

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -
The man accused of shooting and killing 21-year-old Whitney Heichel is facing seven counts of aggravated murder with a firearm.

Court documents released Monday show three of those charges said Jonathan Holt shot and killed her to conceal the crime of sodomy. Four other counts said he did it to conceal the crimes of kidnapping and robbery.

Holt attended the same church as the Gresham Starbucks barista he is accused of killing, according to a statement from the church released Monday.

Holt made his first appearance Monday afternoon in connection with the killing Heichel. He was arrested Friday night around the same time police found Heichel's body on Larch Mountain.

Autopsy results showed Heichel died of multiple gunshot wounds, the Multnomah County Medical Examiner's Office said, and that the manner of death was homicide.

"We were completely shocked to find out that Jonathan Holt, an irregular attendee of our meetings, was arrested and would be in any way tied to this case as a suspect," the church statement said. "Jehovah's Witness regard life as precious, a gift from God. We had no indications that would lead us, prior to this event that he would be capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened."

Holt's arrest was the culmination of an extensive search and investigation that began Tuesday morning when Heichel failed to show up for her 7 a.m. shift at Starbucks.

Investigators said a tip led them to interview Holt on Wednesday. When they brought him in for a second round of questioning, his stories didn't match up, so investigators took fingerprints and a DNA analysis.

Eventually, a crime lab linked him to Heichel's 1999 Ford Explorer.

There is still no information on how Heichel died, or a possible motive for the killing. Church leaders said they know "none of the details of what took place after (Heichel's) abduction."

In addition to attending the same church as Heichel, Holt lived in the same apartment complex for the past few months. He went to Parkrose High School, where he graduated in 2006 with a 3.35 GPA.

According to court records, Holt has no criminal history.

At a news conference Friday night, family spokesman Jim Vaughn spoke about Heichel's impact on others.

"She touched everyone she met because she had a beautiful personality. She was warm, she was kind, she was everything you would want in a friend, acquaintance, a relative or a spiritual fellow worshipper," Vaughn said.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm

There is still no information on how Heichel died,
Court documents released Monday show three of those charges said Jonathan Holt shot and killed her to conceal the crime of sodomy. Four other counts said he did it to conceal the crimes of kidnapping and robbery.
WTH??? It's pretty clear HOW she died. The first quote makes NO sense!! Sodomy? Kidnapping? So he kidnapped her, sodomized her, stole her truck. OMG!!!!

As far as a motive, my guess is he was obsessed with her.

Adela, it's good to see you here but know that this is hurting you and your community.

What a beautiful girl she was..newly married and wanting children. Her family must be devastated and that's an understatement. cryingagain

Thanks for the link.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Suspect in Oregon killing appears in court; documents say he kidnapped, assaulted barista

Published October 22, 2012
Associated Press

OREGON CITY, Ore. – The man accused of murdering Oregon barista Whitney Heichel spoke softly and appeared to cry Monday at his first court hearing.

Jonathan Daniel Holt, who turns 25 on Wednesday, was dressed in an anti-suicide smock during his arraignment on seven counts of aggravated murder. He did not enter a plea during the brief appearance by video at the Clackamas County courthouse.

Holt quietly gave one-word answers to questions posed by Judge Ronald Thom. He kept his head down and, at one point, seemed to wipe away tears.

Heichel, 21, of Gresham disappeared Oct. 16 after kissing her husband goodbye and leaving for her 7 a.m. shift at a nearby Starbucks. Her Ford Explorer, with the passenger side window smashed, was found at a Walmart six hours later, triggering a round-the-clock police investigation that ended with Friday night's discovery of her body on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham.

Court documents released Monday accuse Holt of committing kidnapping, sodomy and robbery in the course of killing her. An autopsy shows she died of multiple gunshot wounds.

Holt was a neighbor of the Heichels and authorities have described them as acquaintances.

Heichel's family released a statement in which they revealed that Holt was a member of their Jehovah's Witnesses congregation, though he only sporadically attended meetings.

The family said it had no indication that Holt was "capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened."

The statement adds that many families have been affected by the tragedy.

"Jonathan's wife is, too, an innocent victim," it says, "and our love and support is as strong for her and her family."

Holt is expected to get a court-appointed attorney within three days and make a second appearance Friday.
He will continue to be held without bail in the county jail.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Affidavit: Suspect in Oregon barista killing told of shooting woman after hitching ride

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 pm

By Associated Press, Published: October 22 | Updated: Tuesday, October 23, 2:27 PM
PORTLAND, Ore. — A man accused of killing an Oregon barista told police he fatally shot the woman after kidnapping her and forcing her to perform a sex act, according to a police affidavit.

The document containing the statement by suspect Jonathan Holt was released late Monday after his court appearance on seven counts of aggravated murder in the death of Whitney Heichel.

Though there was only one victim, Oregon law allows prosecutors to give jurors options for convicting a person by presenting multiple counts, each pegged to an aggravating factor such as robbery or sexual assault, that could lead to the death penalty.

Holt, who will have a public defender assigned to his case, did not enter a plea during the brief appearance by video.

Heichel, 21, of Gresham disappeared Oct. 16 after leaving for her 7 a.m. shift at a nearby coffee shop. Her Ford Explorer, with the passenger side window smashed, was found at a Walmart six hours later, triggering an investigation that ended with the Friday night discovery of her body on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham.

Holt and his wife lived in the same apartment complex as Heichel and her husband. The couples were acquaintances and members of the same Jehovah’s Witness church.

The two-paragraph affidavit states that Holt told Oregon State Police Sgt. Jon Harrington that he waited outside Heichel’s apartment and asked for a ride as she was leaving for work.

Minutes into the drive, he pulled a handgun and told her to drive to Roslyn Lake, the document says.

Holt then forced Heichel to perform oral sex before fatally shooting her, the affidavit states, adding that Holt disposed of his cellphone at the lake before driving to the mountain to conceal the body.

Heichel was shot four times. A report from the state crime lab said swabs from the steering wheel of the SUV revealed a male DNA profile consistent with that of Holt.

Holt, who wore an anti-suicide garment and cried during his video court appearance, remained held without bail in the Clackamas County Jail.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 am

OMG what a monster!!!! I wonder how many others are victims of him? Terrible.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

From Wrap's link above

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Bride
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty Suspect in the murder of Starbucks barista Whitney Heichel 'stole friend's car and took it for 24-hour spin to rethink his life during a mental breakdown' a year before tragedy

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 am

Police report from August 2011 states Jonathan Holt drove off in a friend's rented Chevy Cobalt and returned it only a day later
Nathan Bargas filed a missing person report and told police the incident was out of character for Holt
Holt later said he drove to a park near the place where he grew up and stayed there for several hours
Holt asked Whitney Heichel for a ride, then pulled a gun on her and forced her to perform oral sex on him before he allegedly killed her, according to police
Heichel's body was found in a wooded area near her home on Friday, three days after she failed to turn up to her work shift
Her SUV was seen at a gas station two hours later 'driven by a suspicious-looking man as she sat in the passenger seat'
Holt gave one word answers and appeared to weep during court appearance, via video

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 00:56 EST, 25 October 2012 | UPDATED: 01:01 EST, 25 October 2012

The 24-year-old Oregon man accused of sexually assaulting and murdering Starbucks barista Whitney Heichel had stolen a friend's rental car in 2011 and returned it a day later after experiencing what he called a 'mental breakdown,' according to a police report.

The complaint was filed last August by Jonathan Holt's friend Nathan Bargas who told police that the 24-year-old Gresham resident took off from a store parking lot in his rented 2010 Chevy Cobalt while he was shopping for a video game.

The incident took place outside of Best Buy on Norman Avenue in Gresham at around 1.30pm on August 18, 2011. In his report, Bargas said that when he came out of the store and saw that the car was missing, he waited for a while, thinking that Holt was playing a practical joke on him, which was not unusual.

But when the 24-year-old failed to return, Bargas filed a missing person report, saying that the incident was 'very much out of character' for Holt, whom he described as a 'well-known and trusted friend' who had just completed his EMT training, The Oregonian reported.

Bargas also informed officers that earlier that day, Holt had shown him a house in Troutdale which he said he was planning to rent with wife, Amanda.

Following his friend's disappearance, Bargas called Amanda Holt to ask after him, but the wife said that she had no idea where he was and knew nothing about the Troutdale residence.

Holt reappeared at around 12.30pm the following day and returned the rental car to his friend with an apology, saying that he had had 'a mental breakdown,' according to the report.

A photo has emerged showing the 24-year-old suspect in the murder of Starbucks barista Whitney Heichel grinning and clutching the hand of his blonde bride on their wedding day. (Please see BJ's post)

The report states that the 24-year-old man told Bargas that he 'needed to get away and rethink his life and straighten his priorities.' He reportedly spent several hours at a park in the neighborhood where he grew up.

When an officer interviewed Holt about the incident, he appeared ‘sober, alert and clearheaded’ and apologized for taking the car, explaining that he ‘needed one on one time,’ the report said.

The bizarre episode came more than a year before Holt was arrested and charged with killing Holt (error here - Holt is the murderer) after sexually assaulting the married young woman as she was heading to work on October 16.

Holt told police he waited for his victim outside her apartment as she left for work around 7 a.m. and asked her for a ride, according to a police report. He pulled a gun on her shortly after and ordered her to drive to an area near a lake where he forced her to perform oral sex on him.

He then allegedly shot and killed Heichel and tossed his cellphone in the lake before taking her body and concealing it just two minutes from her home on Larch Mountain in Multnomah County, Oregon, where her body was later found.

Holt wept in court on Monday as he made in his first appearance for the brutal murder of Heichel, a 21-year-old newlywed.

First appearance: Jonathan Holt quietly gave one-word answers Monday as he was arraigned on seven counts of aggravated murder with a firearm in the death of Whitney Heichel

Dressed in an anti-suicide smock, he spoke softly, kept his head down and seemed at one point to wipe away tears. He quietly gave one-word answers as he was arraigned via video from jail on seven counts of aggravated murder with a firearm.

He didn't enter a plea during the brief appearance at the Clackamas County courthouse in Oregon.

Holt is expected to get a court-appointed attorney within three days and return to court on Friday. He will continue to be held without bail in the county jail.

Heichel's body was found on October 19, three days after she failed to turn up for her 7 a.m. shift at Starbucks.

Holt was a neighbor of Heichel and a member of her Jehovah's Witnesses congregation, though their church released a statement calling the suspect an 'irregular attendee' of the spiritual community.

Heichel's husband revealed his anguish on Monday as an autopsy revealed she died of multiple gunshot wounds.

'It's very difficult,' her husband, Clint Heichel, told Good Morning America. 'We only had a year and nine months together and when you get married you bet on forever.

'She was very kind, she just loved everybody... She was just a beautiful little person and just full of love and a ray of love to everybody.

'She didn't do anything to deserve this. Why, is the only question. Why?'

Mr Heichel had appeared at a family press conference on Thursday, but had been unable to speak through his sobs as he clutched relatives.

In the GMA interview, he revealed that the man arrested on suspicion of the murder, 24-year-old Jonathan Holt, was married and lived with his wife in their apartment complex.

The Heichels were friends with Holt, who was an 'irregular attendee' as the same church.

The couple took care of his cats and plants while he was away and, two weeks ago, Mr Heichel even helped him jump start his motorbike, he said.

Heichel's family said it had no indication that Holt was 'capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened.'

The statement adds that many families have been affected by the tragedy.

'Jonathan's wife is, too, an innocent victim,' it says, 'and our love and support is as strong for her and her family.'

Their church also released a statement on Monday, expressing their shock at the incident.

'We were completely shocked to find out that Jonathan Holt, an irregular attendee of our meetings, was arrested and would be in any way tied to this case as a suspect,' the statement said.

'Jehovah's Witness regard life as precious, a gift from God... We have no knowledge of the events that led up to what took place with the disappearance of Whitney and know none of the details of what took place after her abduction.'

Police say they found inconsistencies in the stories that Holt told investigators over the course of two interviews. They added he is also tied to the crime by DNA evidence, but they would not elaborate.

According to court documents released, Holt committed kidnapping, sodomy and robbery in the course of killing Heichel.

The Starbucks barista reportedly left her apartment for work at about 6.45am last Tuesday on a drive that typically takes less than five minutes.

Her husband called police roughly three hours later. He told investigators he tried to reach Heichel multiple times after her boss alerted him that she never arrived for her 7am shift.

Police said Heichel's ATM card was used at a nearby Troutdale gas station at 9.14am on Tuesday. Two hours later, her SUV was found in a Wal-Mart parking lot with the passenger window smashed.

A child later found her cell phone in a field that lies between the gas station and the Wal-Mart, giving investigators another venue to search.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Lorilei Ritmiller said her daughter's nickname in the family is 'Mama,' as she was like a second mother to everybody, including her six siblings.

Ritmiller added that her daughter was a hard worker, a devoted Jehovah's Witness with a 'heart as big as the sun,' and her greatest hope was to have children of her own.

'She's wanted to be a mama since she was two years old and I brought her sister home,' she said. 'That was just her biggest hope, to have babies.'

Jim Vaughn, a family spokesman, spoke at a Friday night news conference and thanked police for their commitment in the case.

'Really, words can't begin to express the sadness that our families are experiencing tonight,' Vaughn said.

Whitney was an active member of the Jehovah's Witness community, who released a statement with the family on Saturday night.

'We are profoundly devastated by the loss of Whitney Heichel,' the statement read.

'She was a loved and valued member of our faith. No words can express the pain and agony her family and friends are undergoing as we cope with the bewildering loss of Whitney. We will continue to support and help one another in this time of grief.'

It continued: 'The outpouring of support from members of our faith has been such an aid in helping us to deal with the pain and loss of such a wonderful person. For us, this is not a surprise, because this is “what we do” as an organization.'

The statement also passed on the gratitude of Whitney's mother and husband for the help they have received from volunteers and authorities.

Police received 25 phone tips on Wednesday and another 21 that night. Two dozen detectives were assigned to the case that had been classified as a suspicious disappearance.

Friends had said that a gas station attendant claimed that Heichel's vehicle, which was found with the window smashed in, had been driven by a man, who was acting 'suspicious and hurried', as Heichel sat in the passenger seat.

Her husband told Fox 12 that he learned of his wife's disappearance when her manager at Starbucks called to say she had not arrived for her shift.

'She got dressed this morning, normal everything. Kissed me goodbye, said goodbye,' he said on Tuesday.

'(At) about 8:15 her boss called me and said, "Hey, I was just curious, did Whitney decide to be sick or not feeling well? Have you seen her or talked to her?"' he told KATU.

Mr Heichel tried calling and texting her, but she did not respond.

Worried, he drove to her parents' home and then to a hospital in the area, as well as calling family and friends to see if anyone knew of her whereabouts.

When they could provide no further information, he called police to report her missing at 9.56am, and friends and family began distributing flyers and searching for her.

At 1pm, family and friends looking for Heichel found her vehicle, with the passenger window smashed, at a Walmart in Wood Village.

It appeared as if someone had rummaged through the car, according to her missing poster.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 pm

So sad and obviously must have been no warning signs from Holt. I so feel for Whitney's husband/family/friends! But for Holt's wife/family and friends too!!! I do hope the Jehovah's Witness group feels no guilt whatsoever as I'm sure their community is devastated beyond belief too.
RIP Whitney.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:08 am

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown shared a link.

October 20
Very sad expected ending of the case I spoke about on The Victoria Taft Show yesterday. I did not think her husband was involved (HIS emotions were heartbreaking) and because she disappeared before showing up to work, I knew the perp had gotten her getting to her car, meaning he likely lived right there. Luckily, he left a long trail of clues which gave me the hope that this was one sex predator they would catch and they did.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Daniel Holt Arrested For The Death Of Whitney Heichel. UPDATE: Holt sentenced to Life in Prison!! Empty A letter from 'momma' for Whitney Heichel's family

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 am

by Associated Press
NWCN.com
Posted on October 26, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Dear family, I want to tell you that although this has been the worst of my life’s tribulations, that I am still standing.

The obvious reason is that Jehovah is the faithful “keeper of Promises” holding to his word that never, would his great love allow his precious children to be tested beyond what we could bear. That he would empower us with abundant strength as long as we hold loyally to him.

I have not lost my daughter Whitney and you have not lost a sister. I know exactly where she is. That girl loves to sleep and she is taking a bit of a nap right now, held tightly in Jehovah’s memory. What a cozy place to be.

My family has been told that many are crushed with sadness for us. Don’t be overcome with grief. As difficult as this has been, a tremendous opportunity has opened up because people in communities around the earth have opened their hearts wide to learning more about us as a people and the God whose name we carry. Because of the experiences I have recently witnessed or someone has shared, this ordeal has greatly impacted the minds and hearts of really good, compassionate and loving people. I promise you that if Jehovah told me that he would end this cruel system immediately so that I could hold Whitney safe and warm in my arms, see those shining eyes and her radiant smile tomorrow, I promise you… that I would beg him to wait so that we would have the time to reach out to those people. We could not rescue Whitney but we can rescue them. Jehovah knows what he is doing.

This mother does not have the words to express the gratitude she has for the millions of prayers that have flowed to Jehovah for my family nor the countless tears that have fallen for the sorrow that visited our lives. And while many of you have not been able to be present with us in a literal sense, I have known you were there with every breath that I have taken. Hugs do travel through the air on wings of angels and although there was a horrific hole cut from my heart, I have been squeezed so tightly with your love that it has already closed enough to let me breathe, witness to others and even to laugh out loud. My prayers include you and I needed to reassure you that my family and I are not just standing we are standing stronger than ever.

Beautiful Whitney beat us to Paradise.

I love you, I love you,
Your sis Lorilei

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

What a beautiful letter! Brings tears to my eyes.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:47 am

Unsealed search warrants in the case of suspected killer Jonathan Holt show police found child pornography and two handguns he had possessed.
Holt is charged with six counts of aggravated murder in the shooting death of 21-year-old Whitney Heichel, whose body was found by police on Larch Mountain last week.
Documents show investigators found two handguns in their search, one was found outside the Gresham Police Department where he is thought to have ditched it.
Holt admitted to detectives there was child porn on a computer in his possession and that he had previously broken into Heichel’s apartment and stolen an iPhone.
A team of detectives set up surveillance of Holt at his job at Canteen Services in Portland before he was arrested.

A detective following Holt said they watched him dump ammunition boxes, ammunition and a holster at locations around Gresham. Later, before a scheduled interview with detectives, Holt hid a handgun near his work and another in the bushes of the Gresham Police Department parking lot, both of which were recovered by police.
In his interview, Holt admitted shooting and killing Heichel. He also told police had had downloaded child pornography on computers he owned.
Initially, Holt said he had been robbed at gunpoint the morning of October 16, the same day Whitney Heichel disappeared.
Holt told detectives two men robbed him, taking his backpack and electronics while he was on his way to ride the MAX to work -- a story police said was retold later with inconsistencies.
Detectives said Holt told them he was "stressed" about the alleged robbery and that if it had not happened, he would have been more helpful to them regarding Whitney's disappearance.
Holt told detectives he was "having a sort of surreal feeling."
"Like, is all this stuff really happening, Whitney gone; I got robbed," documents show.
Holt's wife told detectives he had told her the story about being robbed, and she replied to detectives that the story sounded "crazy" and she felt he was "probably lying" to her.
Holt eventually confessed to investigators he shot and killed Whitney, then led them to where he dumped her body on Larch Mountain, according to police.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 am

Holt's wife told detectives he had told her the story about being robbed, and she replied to detectives that the story sounded "crazy" and she felt he was "probably lying" to her.
I didn't realize that he was married! How awful for his wife.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 am

Man charged in Oregon barista killing left evidence, police say
Published October 27, 2012

OREGON CITY, Ore. – An Oregon man charged in the Oct. 16 death of a 21-year-old barista unwittingly left a trail of evidence as police followed him in the hours before his arrest, court documents show.
On Oct. 19, Jonathan Holt discarded one handgun in bushes at his north Portland workplace, according to documents released Friday.
Investigators say he dropped another handgun in the grass outside the suburban Gresham Police Department, just before he entered for an interview at which police say he confessed to sexually abusing and killing Whitney Heichel of Gresham. Holt was arrested during that interview.
During a brief court appearance Friday, Holt, 25, was indicted on charges of kidnap, robbery and sodomy. He was earlier charged with aggravated murder.
Lawyer Conor Thomas Huseby, appointed to represent Holt, declined to answer questions.
Hundreds of people from around the Portland area gathered Friday at a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in Gresham for a public memorial for Heichel.
Her husband, Clint Heichel, spoke to reporters outside the hall, saying the family wanted to "give the community a hug" and thank people for their kindness.
"She was just a ray of sunshine," he said.
In the hours after the young woman failed to show up for work at a Starbucks cafe on Oct. 16, relatives and friends launched a wide-ranging search. However, Holt, who was a neighbor, an acquaintance and attended the same church, was nowhere to be found, The Oregonian reported.
When friends finally spotted Holt nearly 12 hours later, court documents say he told them he had been on his way to work that day when he was robbed at gunpoint by two black men.
Holt didn't report that robbery to police that day but when questioned by officers for the first time on Oct. 17, he said he'd been shaken by the experience and spent the entire day walking and crying. Police say Holt repeatedly changed his story about the supposed robbery.
Whitney Heichel's Ford Explorer, with the passenger side window smashed, was found at a Walmart six hours after she disappeared, triggering an investigation that ended with the discovery of her body on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham, on the night of Oct. 19.
Court documents released earlier say that Holt told Oregon State Police Sgt. Jon Harrington that he waited outside Heichel's apartment and asked for a ride as she was leaving for work.
Minutes into the drive, he pulled a handgun and told her to drive to Roslyn Lake, the document said.
Holt then forced Heichel to perform oral sex before fatally shooting her, the affidavit stated, adding that Holt disposed of his cellphone at the lake before driving to the mountain to conceal the body.
Heichel was shot four times.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 am

Holt admitted to detectives there was child porn on a computer in his possession and that he had previously broken into Heichel’s apartment and stolen an iPhone.
WOW!! This guy was a walking timebomb!! His poor wife! OMG!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 am

I just cannot imagine finding out that the man I was living with had been arrested for doing such a horrible thing! No matter how bad he was to her surely this had to be a huge surprise! I wonder if they have kids.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am

I think I read they do, not sure.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next