ELMO PUPPETEER, Kevin Clash, ACCUSED OF UNDERAGE RELATIONSHIP/Update: 11/13/12: 'Elmo' Accuser Withdraws Allegations Of Underage Gay Sex.Update: Now states he was pressured to recant statement.Update: Clash has Resigned!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal ELMO PUPPETEER, Kevin Clash, ACCUSED OF UNDERAGE RELATIONSHIP/Update: 11/13/12: 'Elmo' Accuser Withdraws Allegations Of Underage Gay Sex.Update: Now states he was pressured to recant statement.Update: Clash has Resigned!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

By FRAZIER MOORE
— Nov. 12 11:08 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FILE - This Jan. 24, 2011 photo shows "Sesame Street" muppet Elmo and puppeteer Kevin Clash poses for a portrait in the Fender Music Lodge during the 2011 Sundance Film Festival to promote the film "Being Elmo" in Park City, Utah. Clash has taken a leave of absence from the popular kids' show following allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy. Sesame Workshop says Kevin Clash denies the charges, which were first made in June by the alleged partner, who by then was 23. In a statement issued Monday, Nov. 12, 2012, Sesame Workshop says its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. (AP Photo/Victoria Will, file)

NEW YORK (AP) — The puppeteer who performs as Elmo on "Sesame Street" is taking a leave of absence from the popular kids' show in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy.

Sesame Workshop said puppeteer Kevin Clash denies the charges, which were first made in June by the alleged partner, who by then was 23.

"We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action," Sesame Workshop said in a statement issued Monday. "We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation."

The organization said its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. But it said Clash exercised "poor judgment" and was disciplined for violating company policy regarding Internet usage. It offered no details.

"I had a relationship with (the accuser)," Clash told TMZ. "It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not."

At his request, Clash has been granted a leave of absence in order to "protect his reputation," Sesame Workshop said.

No further explanation was provided, nor was the duration of his leave specified.

"Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of 'Sesame Street' to engage, educate and inspire children around the world, as it has for 40 years," Sesame Workshop said in its statement.

"Sesame Street" is currently in production, but other puppeteers are prepared to fill in for Clash during his absence, according to a person close to the show who spoke on condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to publicly discuss details about the show's production.

"Elmo will still be a part of the shows being produced," that person said.

The 52-year-old Clash has been a "Sesame Street" puppeteer since 1984, when he was handed the fuzzy red puppet named Elmo and asked to come up with a voice for him. Clash transformed the character, which had been a marginal member of the Muppets troupe for a number of years, into a major star rivaling Big Bird as the face of "Sesame Street."

In 2006, Clash published an autobiography, "My Life as a Furry Red Monster," and was the subject of the 2011 documentary "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey."

WTH??? Our grandchildren rely on Elmo. My little Reid LOVES him!! Is the world coming to an end?? pulling hair over reaction

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: ELMO PUPPETEER, Kevin Clash, ACCUSED OF UNDERAGE RELATIONSHIP/Update: 11/13/12: 'Elmo' Accuser Withdraws Allegations Of Underage Gay Sex.Update: Now states he was pressured to recant statement.Update: Clash has Resigned!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 am

Kevin Clash, Voice Of 'Sesame Street's' Elmo, Denies Sexual Relationship With 16-Year-Old

Posted: 11/12/2012 10:51 am EST Updated: 11/12/2012 11:26 am EST
Kevin Clash, Voice Of 'Sesame Street's' Elmo, Denies Sexual Relationship With 16-Year-Old
Posted: 11/12/2012 10:51 am EST Updated: 11/12/2012 11:26 am EST

Kevin Clash, the voice of Sesame Street's Elmo, has taken a leave of absence from the iconic children's television show amid allegations that he had sex with a 16-year-old boy, TMZ reports.

The unnamed accuser, now 23, claims that he and Clash began their sexual relationship seven years ago, when he was 16 and the puppeteer was 45.

Clash, now 52, admits to being intimate with the accuser, but only after he turned 18.

"I had a relationship with [the accuser]," Clash said, according to Fox News. "It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not."

Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization that produces the long-running show, received a "communication" from Clash's accuser during the summer.

The company released a statement today saying Clash exercised "poor judgment," but conducted an in-house investigation that discredited claims of underage sex.

We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action. We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation. We also conducted a thorough investigation and found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. Although this was a personal relationship unrelated to the workplace, our investigation did reveal that Kevin exercised poor judgment and violated company policy regarding internet usage and he was disciplined.

Clash, who made his debut in 1984 and later received national attention as the subject of the documentary "Being Elmo," is responsible for creating the beloved character as it is known today.

According to a 2011 feature in The Huffington Post:

Clash decided to revamp Elmo's original persona — which included a deep caveman voice — into something more lovable. He made Elmo a curious, energetic three-year old. Clash said that of all his characters, Elmo is the one that audiences gravitated toward to. "And by them latching on, Elmo's on a lot. And the more that he's on, the more I can do a lot of things with him. The more I get to know the character."

The accuser has sought legal council from Harrisburg, Pa., based law firm Andreozzi and Associates, best known for representing one of Jerry Sandusky's victims. Attorneys at the firm were not available for comment.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: ELMO PUPPETEER, Kevin Clash, ACCUSED OF UNDERAGE RELATIONSHIP/Update: 11/13/12: 'Elmo' Accuser Withdraws Allegations Of Underage Gay Sex.Update: Now states he was pressured to recant statement.Update: Clash has Resigned!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:17 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

'Elmo' Accuser Withdraws Allegations Of Underage Gay Sex

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 @ 04:30PM
WENN
By Jon Boon - Radar Reporter

The 24-year-old man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice and puppeteer of Sesame Street favorite Elmo, of having underage gay sex with him has recanted his allegation.

Andreozzi & Associates, the law firm representing the unknown accuser, said in a statement that "he wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship." And, "he will have no further comment on the matter."

As RadarOnline.com reported, Clash, 52, who had taken a leave of absence from the show to challenge the allegations, admitted he was glad the accuser had dropped the case.

"I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further," Clash said in a statement through a spokeswoman.

The accuser had first reported his allegation to the Sesame Workshop, the company that produces Sesame Street, claiming he had a sexual relationship with Clash that began when he was just 16.

The Sesame Workshop said they fully investigated the claim, using outside investigators, over several months. "We took the allegation very seriously," a spokesperson said.

As Elmo, Clash has achieved worldwide fame and was also the subject of a 2011 documentary Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.

But his sexuality was a tight-lipped secret."I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter," he said in a statement.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 am

I was reserving judgement on this until a bit of time passed and more info came out. It makes me so mad that people can just make these kind of allegations against someone and ruin their career! I sure hope this does NOT ruin Clash's career or anything thing else. It was his business to keep his private life hush hush and now his lifestyle is out there. I would sue the heck out of the accuser! MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

agreed

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 am

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 am

This 23 year old should be identified in the media and I believe he should be prosecuted for making false allegations. If a female can be (and should be) prosecuted for false rape allegations then someone like this should be. Plus since this seems to be kind of a 'copycat' act based on the victims in the Sandusky case maybe it will send a message to any others thinking of doing such a horrid thing to another to think twice. JMOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Yup, he should. Money hungry azz!!

Just think of all the mom's and grandmother's that were tripping out over this..me being one of them.

Don't know HOW I would tell Q and R that Elmo is a perv. I do not think so

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am

From the TMZ link above:
"Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000 to restore his name. Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign."
I'm not surprised. He was probably crying from joy b/c he suddenly has so much money. I bet after that he heard from lawyers telling him he could have received a ton more IF they represent him. JMOO. Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am

Lillian Glass Beverly Hills shared a link.
Saturday
So this is the real story. The young man who accused kevin Clash (the voice of Elmo) of sexual molestation when he was underage, got paid off to retract his statement in order to save the Elmo brand. In my view this may indicate there may very well have been something there. Unless they get another voice artist and puppeteer to do Elmo's voice I can't look at my beloved Elmo the same way. It's a shame that innocent little Elmo now has to suffer from the fallout from Kevin's behavior. Even if the young man says nothing happened, in my mind when a grown man who is in his mid to late 40's or early 50's who seeks a relationship sexual or otherwise with someone over three decades younger than him has some major issues as there is something very wrong.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am

Not agreeing w/Dr. Glass..just posting it.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 am

I'm not agreeing with her either.
"Even if the young man says nothing happened, in my mind when a grown man who is in his mid to late 40's or early 50's who seeks a relationship sexual or otherwise with someone over three decades younger than him has some major issues as there is something very wrong."
Hedrosexual men have sought out much younger females forever do why is it that Dr. Glass says something is very wrong if a gay man seeks the same? Rhetorical question but she's stereotyping IMO!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm

You should post that at her fb page/

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:48 pm

|
|

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm

VOICE OF ELMO KEVIN CLASH RESIGNS from Sesame Street

BREAKING NEWS

Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, has resigned from Sesame Street ... in the immediate wake of a new lawsuit accusing him of having sex with an underage boy -- the second such allegation in 2 weeks.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash is being sued by Cecil Singleton, who claims he met Kevin in a gay phone chat back in '93 ... when he was 15 and Clash was 32.
Sesame Workshop says, "
Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street."

Sesame Workshop had previously told TMZ, "Elmo is bigger than any one person." That was in response to the initial underage sex accusation from Sheldon Stephens.

As TMZ previously reported ... Stephens signed a $125,000 settlement with Clash, but has since expressed regret over signing the deal which required him to recant his claim.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know what to think. Thank goodness there is footage of Elmo to last a lifetime.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Suit accuses Elmo puppeteer of crystal meth sex party

Posted: Mar 20, 2013 2:20 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 20, 2013 2:21 PM CDT

Kevin Clash resigned from his job as the voice of Sesame Street's Elmo last November.

Updated: Mar 20, 2013 9:56 AM CDT

(CNN) -- The puppeteer who gave Sesame Street's Elmo his voice allegedly threw a crystal meth sex party for a teenage boy in 2004, according to a federal lawsuit filed this week.

Sheldon Stephens, now 24, is the fourth man to sue Kevin Clash, but he was the first one to publicly claim he had a sexual relationship with him as a teen.

Stephens' lawsuit is "meritless and barred by the statute of limitations," Clash lawyer Michael Berger told CNN Tuesday. "Mr. Clash continues to deny any wrongdoing, and we intend to defend this case forcefully."

Although Stephens called it an "an adult consensual relationship" last November, the revelation triggered Clash's suspension from Sesame Street and eventually his resignation.

Clash, who provided the high-pitched voice of the iconic furry red Elmo since 1984, acknowledged a relationship between "two consenting adults" when Stephens' story first emerged, but he said it otherwise was a "false and defamatory allegation."

"I am a gay man," Clash, 52, said in a statement in November. "I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter."

Three other men soon emerged with federal lawsuits, filed last November and December, accusing Clash of befriending them as teenager then engaging in sex with them. They are all represented by Florida lawyer Jeff Herman, who also filed Stephens' lawsuit Monday.

Clash's lawyer has asked a judge to dismiss the three other suits based on his argument that the men waited too long to sue. The federal statute of limitations on such civil cases is six years, while their allegations involve relationships that ended more than 10 years ago, Berger said in a court filing this month.

Each lawsuit contends that the men only realized in the last year or so that they suffered psychological and emotional damage from their encounters with Clash.

"Clash was an adult male living a prominent public life centered around the entertainment of toddlers, while at the same time he was, in secret, preying on teenage boys to satisfy his depraved sexual interests," the Stephens suit alleged.

While the allegations in the newest suit mirror what the other men contend, Stephens' complaint is the only one to allege drug use by Clash.

"Clash smoked crystal meth while engaging in sexual activity with Sheldon," the lawsuit said. "Clash also gave Sheldon 'poppers' as a sexual aide. While Clash had sexual contact with Sheldon, the chauffeur watched and masturbated." "Poppers" generally refers to alkyl nitrites in capsule form that produce a physical rush when broken and inhaled: crystal meth refers to crystal methamphetamine.

Stephens was 16 when he met Clash in New York "at a social networking event for models and actors," the suit said.

"Clash told Sheldon he would help Sheldon with his acting career," it said.

Clash resigned from his job on "Sesame Street" after the first lawsuit was filed in November.

"I am resigning from Sesame Workshop with a very heavy heart," Clash said in a written statement at the time. "I have loved every day of my 28 years working for this exceptional organization. Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately."
Despite his stepping down, Clash's voice will be used for Elmo through 2014, as the next season of "Sesame Street" has already been filmed.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal EXCLUSIVE: Sesame Street puppeteer hit with FIFTH lawsuit from a man who claims he was sexually abused aged 16 at star's Manhattan apartment Kevin Kiadii alleges that Kevin Clash groomed him when he was 16 after online chats

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 pm

I do NOT want to believe this!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Sex Suits Against Former 'Elmo’ Voice Actor Kevin Clash Thrown Out Over Missed Filing Deadlines

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 am

July 1, 2013
Cecil Singleton, 24, of Harlem, discusses a lawsuit filed in Federal Court against Elmo voice actor Kevin Clash at a press conference in November 2012.

Kevin Kiadii said he was 16 when he was 'lured' to Kevin Clash's apartment in 2005.
The suits brought by Cecil Singleton, Kevin Kiadii and ‘John Doe’ had 6 years to sue — but all say they weren’t aware of ‘adverse psychological and emotional effects’ until recently.

A New York judge on Monday threw out three sensational sex suits against Kevin Clash, the former long-time voice of the beloved “Sesame Street” monster, because they were filed after the six-year statute of limitations had expired.

Clash’s lawyer, Michael Berger, said his client was “pleased by the ruling, and wants to go about the business of reclaiming his personal life and his professional standing.”

The three actions accused Clash, 53, of being a real-life beast who preyed on underage boys.

One, identified only as “S.M.,” said he was 17 when he had a sexual encounter with Clash in his New York apartment in early 1996.

Cecil Singleton said he was 15 when he began his relationship with Clash in 2003.

Kevin Kiadii said he was 16 when he was “lured” to Clash's apartment in 2004 and had a sexual encounter with him.

The plaintiffs all said they weren't aware of the “adverse psychological and emotional effects” they'd suffered as a result of their encounters until last year, but in a ruling released Monday morning, Judge John Koeltl found that wasn't enough of an argument to trump the statute of limitations in the three cases.

According to federal statutes, the men had until up to six years after the incident or six years after his 18th birthday to file suit, and all of them missed their window, the judge said.

Koeltl said their arguments that they didn't discover their injuries until last year didn't hold water because they had long been “aware of the facts that while minors, the defendant had engaged in sexual activities with them in violation of one or more federal statutes.”

The plaintiffs’ lawyer, Jeff Herman, said he planned to appeal, and called the statute of limitations an “arbitrary timeline that silences victims.”

The ruling was a major win for the embattled Clash, who resigned from his 28-year stint on family staple “Sesame Street” in November, after Singleton filed suit.

Another sex suit against Clash was filed and withdrawn earlier this year by an anonymous plaintiff.

Clash is still facing one other action by Sheldon Stephens, the first person who came forward with underage sex claims against him last year. That suit was filed in Stephens’ native Pennsylvania, which has less stringent statute of limitation constraints.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm

I don't buy all these allegations..maybe I'm biased b/c I like Elmo. My grandsons like Elmo..ALL kids like Elmo. Just sayin'. Would bet Clash has a heart of gold and these idiots want to jump on his money train and ruin his life. MOO.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum