Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries. Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.

2 posters

Go down

Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries.  Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.  Empty Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries. Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Posted on: 3:09 pm, December 12, 2012, by Staff Writer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LIBERTY, MO (WDAF) – A woman posted pictures of herself in a hospital bed with a neck brace. She’s on a mission to get justice for a crime she says was committed against her.

FOX 4 Kansas City reports she posted the picture to Facebook using her boyfriend’s account with the caption, “Look what Austin did to me. Yes I’m putting this on blast bc I want everyone to know who he is bc he is fake and honestly NO woman ever deserves to be in my spot so Plz any woman who thinks Austin is amazin he isn’t! He will be in jail for a long time for attempted manslaughter and if he gets out HIDE, I’m not the only girl he has done this to but I’m not scared anymore I’m going to speak up, I’m NOT the bad person here…. He is!” she wrote.

The post immediately gained the attention of thousands of people. Nearly 6,000 people “liked” the post, commending Taylor and calling her ‘brave.’ The picture was shared over 600 times and comments continue to mount.

Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries. Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault. He was arrested on Dec. 11 for an incident that occurred at the Value Place Motel in Liberty, Mo. The two had been living there for the past two and a half weeks.
Witnesses say he “went crazy” and hit Taylor in the head with a baseball bat in the motel room. Taylor was knocked unconscious and bleeding. They say McCauley thought she was dead. Witnesses checked for a pulse and found out that she was still alive.

When police arrived, they found Taylor in the bathroom wrapped in a towel with wet hair. They found the bath tub filled with four inches of bloody water. She was taken to an area hospital and treated for a cut to her scalp.

McCauley is currently in police custody. His next court date is scheduled for Dec. 31.

Victims of domestic abuse can seek assistance and shelter from the Rose Brooks Center in Kansas City. Call them at (816) 861-6100, visit their website, or find them on Facebook.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries.  Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.  Empty Woman who shared photo of her mangled face in hospital bed on Facebook confronts her 'beater' boyfriend in court

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries.  Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.  Empty Re: Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries. Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Good for her posting that photo on HIS FB! I just hope he doesn't get off and come after her!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries.  Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.  Empty Re: Battered Woman Posts Facebook Picture For Justice/Amber Taylor says her boyfriend is responsible for causing her injuries. Austin McCauley has been charged with second degree domestic assault.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 pm

I know. I could so relate to her. Unfortunately.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Courtroom twist in alleged abuse posted to Facebook case

Posted on: 7:13 pm, March 8, 2013, by Barrett Tryon

CLAY COUNTY, Mo. — A change in plea hearing ends with a surprise twist Friday afternoon in a Clay County, Mo., courtroom.

The case involves a Liberty woman who was hit with a baseball bat by her boyfriend. And while she didn’t show her face in court on Friday, 23-year-old Amber Taylor’s face was all over the internet back in December.

That photo of Taylor in a hospital room went viral, with a caption reading, “I want everyone to know who he is because he is fake and honestly no woman deserves to be in my spot,” she posted.

Austin McCauley is the man Taylor is writing about — and he changed his plea to guilty. McCauley said he is guilty of hitting the 23-year-old woman with his hands, but not with the baseball bat. That, he told a judge, was the result of Taylor hitting herself with the bat while both struggling to take control of it.

However, according to a probable cause statement, a witness said McCauley went “crazy” and hit Taylor in the head with the bat in a Liberty, Mo., hotel room.
And this is where the twist comes in.

It was revealed in court Taylor has been in contact with McCauley “numerous times” since he’s been in custody, by phone and in-person. She reportedly professed her love for him and is trying to think of ways to get the case dismissed.

Bridgette Malvec, who is Vice President of Clinical Services at Safehouse, said it’s not uncommon in domestic abuse cases because some women feel trapped.

“Only the victim knows what her motivations are,” she said. “We need to put blame where blame belongs, we need to hold batterers accountable and not look at the victims and say why would someone stay in that. We don’t know why and it’s not important. What is important is holding the person who committed a crime accountable.”

If the judge finds McCauley accountable for his actions, he could get up to seven years in jail for second degree domestic assault. McCauley is expected to be sentenced in April.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Usually, the judge issues a "No Contact" order so that she cannot write or go see him in jail, nor can he write her. At least that's the way it's done in Florida.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down