Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’.

2 posters

Go down

Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’. Empty Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 pm

By Associated Press, Published: January 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. — An Alabama man accused of fatally stabbing his 2-year-old son wailed, banged his head on a table and asked a central Indiana judge for a rope to kill himself during his initial court appearance Thursday.

Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala., feared someone was trying to kill him Wednesday when he fatally stabbed his 2-year-old son, Michael, in the chest with a kitchen knife and in the forehead with a nail-pulling tool, Noblesville police said in a probable cause affidavit.

Harrison had driven with his three young children from Alabama to his parents’ home in Noblesville, about 15 miles north of Indianapolis, on Tuesday. The children’s mother said in court documents filed in Alabama that he had taken them without her permission.

A distraught Harrison appeared on a video link from the Hamilton County Jail during Thursday’s appearance on a murder charge in Hamilton Superior Court.

When Magistrate David Najjar read him his rights, Harrison said, “What about a right to a rope?”

“I killed my poor little baby. Please kill me,” Harrison begged.

Najjar entered a not guilty plea on Harrison’s behalf and appointed an attorney for him. He also ordered Harrison held without bond pending a March 12 trial date. A jail officer said Harrison already was on suicide watch before the court hearing.

Harrison had to be removed from the jail’s hearing room for about 30 minutes before his appearance because he scuffled with deputies. When he was brought back, he was shackled and guarded by four deputies.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Lee Buckingham said he will consider seeking life without parole. Dan Henke, the lawyer appointed to represent Harrison, did not return a phone call seeking comment Thursday.

The mother of the children is 25-year-old Megan C. Kelley, court documents show. A man who answered her phone number Thursday said she was too grief-stricken to talk and that she was trying to get custody of her two young daughters and her son’s body. Kelley could be heard weeping in the background.

Alabama court records show Harrison has an extensive criminal history, including drug and alcohol charges. He received a 30-day jail sentence in 2009 after pleading guilty to hitting another man in the head with a beer bottle. That same year, authorities dismissed a menacing charge against Harrison after the prosecution’s main witness failed to show up for trial.

Noblesville Police Detective Michael Sadler said in a probable cause affidavit that officers found the toddler with two knife-stab wounds to his chest and one stab wound from a nail puller in the forehead. Medics pronounced the boy dead Wednesday afternoon at the family’s apartment.

The boy’s grandmother, Pamela Harrison, told officers that “Micah stated that someone or something was trying to kill him” and that he hit a closet with a hammer, which she took from him, telling the man no one was there.

After she hid the hammer in a bedroom, she saw her son “moving quickly from the kitchen to the other bedroom where she knew Michael was playing.” She found her son atop the boy, who was lying on the floor, and watched him stab Michael with the knife.

“Pamela took the knife from Micah and told Micah that he had just killed his son,” Sadler wrote.

The first officer on the scene found Harrison with blood on his hands, the affidavit said.

Indiana Department of Child Services spokeswoman Stephanie McFarland said she could not say if Micah Harrison’s two daughters, ages 4 and 5, were in state custody due to confidentiality laws, but she did say the agency was involved.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’. Empty Re: Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Man accused of stabbing 2-year-old son begs judge for death

12:49 PM, Jan 11, 2013

Man accused of stabbing son, 2, thought someone was trying to kill him
Update: Police arrest father in stabbing death of 2-year-old son in Noblesville
“Just shoot me, please. I killed my poor little baby.”

That’s what Micah William Harrison told a Hamilton County judge during his court hearing Thursday afternoon. The Alabama man, now facing a murder charge for the death of his 2-year-old son, appeared impatient as he sat in a remote courtroom at Hamilton County Jail, repeatedly interrupting Magistrate Judge David Najjar as he asked standard initial hearing questions.

“Just let me go. Just do whatever, man,” said Harrison, 30. “I can’t do this right now. I just can’t. There’s too many questions. Just finish me or something.”

Before the hearing ended, Harrison started sobbing.

As Najjar read him his rights, Harrison said he should not have any and begged the judge to kill him.

“Something’s wrong with me,” said Harrison, who, while waiting with other inmates for their initial hearings before a video camera, had to be taken back to his cell after a scuffle with officers. An hour later, after all other inmates had gone, officers brought Harrison back to the courtroom in shackles. Four jail officers stood close behind him.

About 5 p.m. Wednesday, police found his son’s lifeless body in an apartment in Noblesville. Police said Michael Harrison had three stab wounds — two on his chest and one on the forehead.

Court documents filed Thursday give a glimpse of what happened inside the two-bedroom apartment in the 14000 block of Waterlily Drive before the toddler’s death.

Pamela Harrison, Micah Harrison’s mother, whom he was visiting with the boy and two daughters, told detectives her son said that afternoon that “someone or something was trying to kill him,” Detective Michael Sadler of the Noblesville Police Department wrote in his report.

Micah Harrison then struck a utility closet with a claw hammer, his mother told detectives. Pamela Harrison took the hammer from her son, told him there was no one in the closet and hid the tool in her bedroom.

Later, Micah Harrison went to the spare bedroom where his son was playing. Pamela Harrison followed him and saw her son — who stands 6 feet tall and weighs 190 pounds — on top of the toddler, who was lying on the floor.

“Pamela observed Micah stab Michael two to three times with a kitchen knife,” Sadler wrote. “Pamela took the (kitchen) knife from Micah and told Micah that he had just killed his son.”

That’s when Pamela Harrison called 911. Responding officers found Michael Harrison’s body lying on the floor between a dresser and a TV stand, Sadler wrote. They also found a nail puller, which police said matched the toddler’s forehead injury.

The stabbing left blood spatters on the bed, walls, furniture and ceiling, Sadler wrote.

It also left neighbors at Autumn Breeze Apartments on the east edge of Noblesville with questions and grief for the little blond boy they saw playing with his two older sisters — a 4-year-old and a 5-year-old — less than an hour before the 911 call.

Debra Jones said she remembered seeing the three playing by the snow outside the apartment when she left for work about 4:20 p.m. Jones said she heard Micah Harrison yell at the kids to go back to the house. Other neighbors said they saw him spank his son on the way back to the apartment.

“I don’t know what he was mad about. He grabbed one of the girls by the sweater,” Jones said. “The little girl said, ‘Daddy, we just want to play in the snow.’ ”

The next morning, after Jones came back from work, she saw the crime scene tape blocking the unit next to hers. A lighted candle and an Elmo doll sat outside. Jones also said her next-door neighbors moved to the area about five or six months ago, and she never had seen Micah Harrison and the three kids before Wednesday.

No history of abuse
Child Protective Services in Alabama confirmed the agency doesn’t have any prior cases of child abuse involving Michael Harrison.

Barry Spear, spokesman for the Alabama Department of Human Resources, which oversees Child Protective Services, also said confidentiality laws prevent him from confirming whether the agency has any past or current cases on Micah Harrison.

The man did have several run-ins with the law.

His arrest history in Baldwin County started in 2003 for minor in possession and consumption of alcohol. Between then and 2012, Harrison had been arrested for assault, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unpaid traffic tickets and permitting dogs to run at large, said Steve Arthur, spokesman for the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Department.

Alabama court records show Harrison was sentenced to 30 days in jail in 2009 after pleading guilty to hitting a man with a beer bottle.

Now, Micah Harrison is facing a felony that could put keep him in prison for years. Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Andre Miksha said officials will consider seeking life imprisonment.How about the death penalty?? Seems that's what he wants.

It remains unclear who has custody of Harrison’s two other children. Indiana Department of Child Services spokeswoman Stephanie McFarland said because of confidentiality law she could not confirm if the daughters are in state custody, but said the agency is involved.

The children’s mother, Megan C. Kelley, 25, was not in Noblesville when her son was killed, but she has been notified, police said.

Najjar, the Hamilton County judge, entered a not-guilty plea on Harrison’s behalf and assigned court attorney Daniel Henke to his case. Harrison’s pretrial conference is scheduled for Feb. 5 and his jury trial for March 12.

When asked if he understood when his court dates are, Harrison said, “I hope I don’t live that long.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’. Empty Re: Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

8:57 AM, Jan 10, 2013 | Comments

Written by
byKristine Guerra and Scott Thien
IndyStar.com

Man accused of stabbing 2-year-old son begs judge for death
Man accused of stabbing son, 2, thought someone was trying to kill him

An Alabama father faces a preliminary charge of murder after his 2-year-old son was stabbed in the head Wednesday afternoon at a luxury apartment complex in Noblesville.

Micah William Harrison, 30, Robertsdale, Ala., was arrested about 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Autumn Breeze Apartments, near Hamilton Town Center mall close to I-69 Exit 10.

Noblesville police and medics responded about 5 p.m. to a call in the 14000 block of Waterlily Drive. Harrison has extended family at the complex, police said.

Noblesville police spokesman Lt. Bruce Barnes said responders found the boy, Michael Harrison, dead at the scene, suffering one wound to the head consistent with a stabbing. Barnes did not know where in the apartment the child was found.

A motive remains unclear, he said.

Neighbors said there were two older girls in the apartment at the time of the incident. It's unclear where those two children are at this point.

Neighbors also said they saw the boy playing with the two girls outside earlier in the afternoon. One of the neighbors, an 11-year-old boy who said he rides the school bus with the two girls, said he saw the toddler run toward the street, and a man who was watching them yelled at him to come back. The 11-year-old said the man spanked the toddler on the way back to the apartment. He wasn't sure if the man is the boy's father.

Harrison has a litany of arrests and charges in Baldwin County in Alabama. A Baldwin County jail officer, who declined to give his name, said Harrison had been arrested for assault, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unpaid traffic tickets and permitting dogs to run at large. His first arrest, the officer said, was in 2003, for minor in possession of alcohol.

The child’s mother, also from Robertsdale, was not at the complex when the stabbing happened.

The homicide investigation was turned over to the Hamilton County prosecutor’s office. An autopsy is expected Thursday.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Questions remain in Noblesville stabbing death case
Updated: Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 11:01 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 10:54 PM EST

Teresa Mackin
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (WISH) - A makeshift memorial of toys and candles remains outside the Noblesville apartment where police say a 30-year-old Alabama man killed his 2-year-old son Wednesday evening.

30-year-old Micah Harrison is in the Hamilton County Jail, facing charges of murder.

Details released before Harrison’s initial court appearance are disturbing and graphic, saying Harrison stabbed his son in the chest and forehead.

Police haven’t yet released details on the motive of the crime.

24-Hour News 8 spoke with a relative of the 2-year-old’s mother by phone Thursday evening, who said they had no comment for the media at this time.

A neighbor living near Harrison’s Alabama home told 24-Hour News 8 the neighborhood is deeply saddened. She said she could see Michael’s yellow truck still in Harrison’s front yard, and that Micah was going through “hard times” and had some “issues.”

He’d been arrested previously for assault and menacing.

Dealing With Tragedy

Documents show 2-year-old Michael Harrison’s grandmother and sisters were inside the apartment when he was stabbed.

As police took Harrison into custody, neighbors watched, and children heard the whole story.

Police and first responders saw the horror inside.

Kimble Richardson is a licensed mental health counselor with St. Vincent Stress Center.

He told 24-Hour News 8, “Anytime, especially when tragedy involves a young child, it is very difficult on people. There are lots of victims in this case.”

He said emergency crews, police, EMT’s, all may be affected by the case.

He recommends for anyone feeling upset by the situation, to seek help.

For children he says, it may be different. They may ask adults questions, or act differently than usual.

“They don’t know how this could happen, they feel extremely vulnerable,” Richardson added. “Their minds aren’t prepared to deal with this information like an adult would.”

He recommends discussing the situation if they ask, leaving the door open for conversation.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Neighbors react to 2-year-old's murder
Updated: Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 10:06 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 10:04 PM EST

ROBERTSDALE, Ala. (WALA) - The father of a boy stabbed to death in Noblesville Wednesday night said in a court appearance Thursday, "I have no rights. I killed my poor little baby. Please kill me."

Authorities said 2-year-old Michael Harrison was found dead from substantial head trauma Wednesday around 5 p.m. in Noblesville. Micah Harrison, 30, was charged with murder Thursday and a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf.

“It’s just hard to believe that something like this can happen right here and right in my back yard,” said Harrison’s neighbor, Lynn Bainbridge. “When you see those kids playing in the swimming pool this summer and just being out there riding their trikes and stuff around the yard, it’s just hard to believe the baby is gone.”

Bainbridge was a neighbor to the Harrisons for about a year and still owns the property adjacent to Harrison’s home.

“Troubled is a good way to describe Micah,” Bainbridge said.

Bainbridge said she learned early on that Harrison was a loner and had had problems with the law.

The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office said Harrison has an arrest record dating back to 2003 with charges ranging from menacing to assault and drug possession. Deputies said they have been called to his home for domestic violence several times.

“Mr. Harrison was the subject of at least three domestic violence incidents, however, he was not ever officially charged with any domestic violence cases,” explained Captain Steve Arthur with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office.
WHY NOT????

Bainbridge said that while she’s very disturbed to hear of the child’s death, she’s not completely surprised to hear that Harrison is charged with the murder.

“Knowing his background and knowing that he continued that kind of lifestyle even though he had three children did not surprise me,” she said.

Harrison has two daughters and Bainbridge isn’t sure how she’ll be able to approach them about their brother’s death.

“How do you even approach a pre-school child who’s lost a sibling, you know?” Bainbridge said. “How much of that will they even understand?”

Authorities said Micah Harrison was in Indiana visiting family.

According to court documents, Harrison attacked a utility closet with a hammer on Wednesday, saying someone was trying to kill him. A woman in the Noblesville apartment with him took the hammer from him, hid it, and told him there was no one there.

He had his first court hearing on January 10 where he asked the judge for a rope and begged to be killed for taking his son’s life.

The judge entered a guilty plea on Harrison’s behalf and ordered him to be held with no bond. This article says a guilty pleas And a Not guilty plea were entered. Which one is it???? A trial date has been set for March 12.

HORRIFIC!! crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Warning, GRAPHIC Articles! Micah William Harrison, 30, of Robertsdale, Ala.,facing murder charge in stabbing death of son, 2, tells Ind. judge: ‘Please kill me’. Empty Judge appoints psychiatrists to examine dad accused of killing his 2-year-old son

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Feb 8, 2013
Written by
Kristine Guerra

A Hamilton County judge has appointed two psychiatrists to examine a father accused of killing his 2-year-old son.

Drs. Stephanie Callaway and George Parker, both with the Indiana University School of Medicine, were assigned Wednesday to assist in the psychiatric examinations of Micah William Harrison, a 30-year-old Alabama man who, police said, stabbed his son last month while staying at his mother’s house in Noblesville.

On the evening of Jan. 9, police found Michael Harrison’s lifeless body lying in one of the bedrooms of the apartment. The toddler had three stab wounds – two on his chest and one on his forehead.

A sobbing Micah Harrison appeared in court the next day. “Just shoot me, please. I killed my poor little baby,” he told the judge.

Micah Harrison’s mother, who lives at Autumn Breeze Apartments on the east edge of Noblesville, told detectives her son had been unstable and said someone was after him. Pamela Harrison said she saw Micah Harrison stab the toddler two to three times with a kitchen knife, according to court documents.

The doctors will have about two months to submit their reports to the court.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm

No Updates Found
NoDate
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Unreal! This is one tough case to read even though I started it. He is SICK!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down