MASSIVE MANHUNT in Los Angeles for Ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner/ Was reported that his body was found in a flaming cabin/ Christopher Dorner's body positively ID'd/Died of Self-Inflicted Gunshot to his Head.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Normal Re: MASSIVE MANHUNT in Los Angeles for Ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner/ Was reported that his body was found in a flaming cabin/ Christopher Dorner's body positively ID'd/Died of Self-Inflicted Gunshot to his Head.

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Christopher Dorner was shot at by a fish and game ranger, as he fled in a stolen vehicle in north-east Los Angeles, Reuters is reporting.

The agency states that earlier Dorner had broken into a home, tied up a couple and stole their pick-up truck.

Local media is also reporting it is believed one of the hostages was able to flee and raise the alarm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal UPDATES

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:07 pm

3:00 PM PT -- Officials are expected to give a news conference on the situation any minute -- check out the video at the bottom of the post.

2:52 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... the L.A. City Fire Dept. is airlifting the L.A.P.D. SWAT team to Big Bear so they can help with the standoff.

2:39 PM PT -- The FAA has implemented "Temporary Flight Restrictions" around Big Bear due to the gun battle. Only law enforcement aircraft can fly in the restricted area.

The restricted area is 5 miles in radius, from the ground up to 13,000 feet above sea level, which is about 5,000 feet above ground level.

1:48 PM PT -- There seems to be a lull in the gunfire. Cops have also confirmed two deputies were shot by the suspect -- the extent of their injuries is unclear.

1:35 PM PT -- Cops involved in the gun battle are screaming at a local reporter at the scene to "get the f**k out."

Cops have repeatedly cussed at the reporter -- demanding that he leave for his own good.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Visit the TMZ Store: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: MASSIVE MANHUNT in Los Angeles for Ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner/ Was reported that his body was found in a flaming cabin/ Christopher Dorner's body positively ID'd/Died of Self-Inflicted Gunshot to his Head.

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Jeff Nguyen ‏@jeffnguyen
Sources tells me 1 deputy died at Loma Linda Medical following police shoot out in search for Christopher #Dorner

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Fugitive ex-cop believed barricaded in cabin; 2 hurt in shootout

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Person believed to be renegade ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner is barricaded in southern California cabin and exchanged gunfire with police, authorities say
Police: Encounter came after authorities found vehicle believed to have been stolen by Dorner, who fled into a forest and into the cabin
Dorner, alleged to be targeting police officers for his 2008 dismissal, is suspect in three killings
We'll have updates below as we get them; full story here; also see KCAL/KCBS, KABC, KTLA.

[Updated at 6:42 p.m. ET] We're about to get an update on the two injured sheriff's deputies. A news conference is expected to begin shortly at California's Loma Linda University Medical Center.

[Updated at 6:19 p.m. ET] A reporter with CNN affiliate KCBS captured audio of gunfire during the encounter between police and the suspect. It's unclear which party was shooting during the audio recording, which runs for more than a minute. Here it is:

[Updated at 6:19 p.m. ET] Aerial footage from KCAL and KCBS shows officers stopping and checking the interiors of vehicles on a four-lane road in the Big Bear area.

[Updated at 6:15 p.m. ET] LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith tells reporters that authorities aren't 100% sure that the suspect in the cabin is Dorner, but they believe it's him.

"The likelihood is that it is him, but we can't say for sure," Smith said.

Smith called on Dorner to surrender. "Everyone is very hopeful that this thing ends without further bloodshed," he said.

"If he's watching this, the message for (him) is enough is enough," Smith said. "It's time to turn yourself in. It's time to end the bloodshed."

Smith said authorities believe the suspect has access to TV. Smith asked television stations to not show live signals of the cabin area "because it puts our officers at a tactical disadvantage."

Earlier today, San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon has asked that news helicopters pull back or leave the area of the barricaded suspect. (See 5:36 p.m. entry.)

[Updated at 6:03 p.m. ET] The two deputies who were injured in this incident have been airlifted to Loma Linda Medical Center, a San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller says. No information on their conditions has been released.

Moments ago, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith told reporters that the deputies were injured during the gunfire exchange between officers and the suspect at the cabin where the suspect barricaded himself. This squares with what a law enforcement source told CNN earlier.

Smith told reporters that LAPD officers are waiting for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department to give them authorization to assist in today's incident.

[Updated at 6 p.m. ET] We're expecting to hear from the Los Angeles Police Department soon. A news conference is expected to start in a few minutes.

[Updated at 5:36 p.m. ET] San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon has asked that news helicopters pull back or leave the area of the barricaded suspect.

"Gunfire is being exchanged between law enforcement and the suspect; your personnel are in danger and could contribute to officer safety on the ground," the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

[Updated at 5:22 p.m. ET] Authorities are now saying that a man believed to be Dorner exchanged gunfire with law enforcement officers after he barricaded himself inside a cabin Tuesday afternoon, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department says.

Here's the sequence of events from the sheriff's department: Officers got a report of a stolen vehicle in the Big Bear area, and deputies responded to the area at 12:22 p.m. PT and began looking for the vehicle on the ground and from the air.

"The vehicle was located at Hwy. 38 and Glass Rd. The suspect fled into the forest and barricaded himself inside a cabin," the sheriff's department said in a statement. "A short time later there was an exchange of gunfire between law enforcement and the suspect. Sheriff's SWAT is on scene."

Two law enforcement officers are being airlifted to a local hospital with "unknown injuries," the sheriff's department said. Earlier, a high-ranking law enforcement source told CNN that two sheriff's deputies were wounded in a shootout.

[Updated at 5:16 p.m. ET] Authorities have ignited a smoke grenade in the Big Bear area of California to mark a location for police helicopters, a high ranking law official with knowledge of the investigation said Tuesday.

[Updated at 5:15 p.m. ET] Former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes explains to CNN what law enforcement personnel usually mean when they say someone is "pinned down":

"The term commonly means he's not running any more, that they've got him trapped in a home or some other physical location ... . That means he's contained; that doesn’t mean he’s in custody ... but it means he’s not running loose."

Earlier, a high-ranking law enforcement source told CNN that authorities believe they have Dorner "pinned down" in California's Big Bear Lake area after a shootout in which two sheriff's deputies were wounded Tuesday.

[Updated at 5:34 p.m. ET] In posts at 5:06 p.m. ET and 5:09 p.m. ET, we reported apparent information from Big Bear Lake Mayor Jay Obernolte. We have learned that the man we spoke to was not the mayor, so we’ve removed the information. We regret the error.

[Updated at 4:49 p.m. ET] Two sheriff's deputies have been wounded in a shootout with a suspect believed to be renegade ex-Los Angeles police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner, a high-ranking law official with knowledge of the investigation said Tuesday.

The source says the suspect, believed to be Dorner, shot the deputies as police responded to a report of a home invasion and a carjacking in the Big Bear area of southern California.

After police got a description of the vehicle, police set up a road block, and Dorner approached the officers, the source says. Dorner then opened fire, wounding the two sheriff's deputies, according to the source.

The official said Dorner was pinned down.

[Updated at 4:35 p.m. ET] The San Bernardino Sheriff's Department confirms that authorities were chasing a pickup truck, according to CNN's Casey Wians.

The department hasn't confirmed whether Dorner is connected to the chase. It did say that Dorner wasn't in custody, CNN's Chris Welch reported.

[Posted at 4:31 p.m. ET] Law enforcement officers are responding to reports that ex-LAPD officer Christopher Jordan Dorner has been sighted and may have been involved in a robbery in the Big Bear area of southern California, said law enforcement sources involved in the investigation.

Dorner – who indicated he was on a campaign of vigilante justice for what he believes was his unfair termination from the LAPD in 2008 – has been the subject of a seven-day manhunt as a suspect in three killings.

Dorner is accused of killing one police officer and wounding two others, as well as killing the daughter of his police union representative and her fiancé.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Holy Smokes!! Just got home, turned on HLN and saw this.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:57 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

[Updated at 6:03 p.m. ET] The two deputies who were injured in this incident have been airlifted to Loma Linda Medical Center, a San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller says. No information on their conditions has been released.
This is old news.....I posted upthread that one of the officers is dead.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I see that....sorry.

CNN is saying as I type that a SWAT team has entered the cabin.

So SAD that more people have lost their lives to this madman!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm

If the SWAT team is IN the cabin, I sure hope the only person that is killed is Christopher. CNN says cabin is engulfed in red flames. And, they are IN the cabin?? Maybe he is dead already..

CNN just said that the fire MAY have been ignited by ammunition. Not that the actual ammunition would start the fire, but it could have caused a gas explosion or it also could have been self-ignited.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal ABC7.COM LIVE VIDEO

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm

NG is also going to cover some of it. Shocker!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 pm

And, President Obama w/be doing a "State of the Union Address" in about half an hour. Wonder how the news w/handle that..maybe put Donner's activities in a corner on the screen????

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Fugitive ex-cop believed dead, as cabin stronghold goes up in flames

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 pm

The dramatic manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who killed at least four people apparently ended when the cabin he holed up in went up in flames, with ammunition exploding in the inferno and smoke billowing up into the mountain air.
Christopher Dorner, who hours earlier had killed one San Bernadino sheriff's deputy and wounded another before barricading himself in the cabin, in the San Bernadino mountains, was believed to be inside. Dorner, who vowed not to be taken alive, had been surrounded inside the cabin since early Tuesday afternoon. It was not clear who set the fire in the rural Big Bear community where Dorner apparently has been hiding since sometime last week.
It was a stunning end to a saga that gripped the nation, and had the nation's third-largest police department on tenterhooks for a week. Dorner, a former Navy man and highly trained marksman, had vowed revenge on the department he believed had wronged him - designating specific targets for death. As flames devoured the cabin, police stood by, confident that there was no escape for Dorner, and no way he could survive the blaze - assuming he had not already taken his own life.
San Bernardino Sheriff Spokesperson Cindy Bachman told reporters that they will not enter the structure until it is safe to do so.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 pm

One dead, another deputy in surgery "but will be fine". per CNN.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 pm

BJ wrote:The dramatic manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who killed at least four people apparently ended when the cabin he holed up in went up in flames, with ammunition exploding in the inferno and smoke billowing up into the mountain air.
Christopher Dorner, who hours earlier had killed one San Bernadino sheriff's deputy and wounded another before barricading himself in the cabin, in the San Bernadino mountains, was believed to be inside. Dorner, who vowed not to be taken alive, had been surrounded inside the cabin since early Tuesday afternoon. It was not clear who set the fire in the rural Big Bear community where Dorner apparently has been hiding since sometime last week.
It was a stunning end to a saga that gripped the nation, and had the nation's third-largest police department on tenterhooks for a week. Dorner, a former Navy man and highly trained marksman, had vowed revenge on the department he believed had wronged him - designating specific targets for death. As flames devoured the cabin, police stood by, confident that there was no escape for Dorner, and no way he could survive the blaze - assuming he had not already taken his own life.
San Bernardino Sheriff Spokesperson Cindy Bachman told reporters that they will not enter the structure until it is safe to do so.

Am hoping noone but Dorner was killed???? Or, do we know For SURE he was IN the cabin?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Tracks have been found leading from the cabin where Chris Dorner was reportedly captured on Tuesday to a horse corral, suggesting that the ex-cop and rampage killer may have been able to escape, said reports from CBS.

However, authorities say that Dorner was likely trapped inside the cabin, which is now in its second hour of burning to the ground. Ammunition could be heard exploding within as the fire consumed the wooden building, while anyone inside would be unable to escape due to an encirclement of SWAT teams and heavily-armed police officers.
Is Dorner alive, dead, or wounded? Could he have escaped? It seems that this nightmare is over, but nothing is certainly until a body is recovered.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Dark plumes of smoke can be seen rising from the building amid reports of explosions and gunshots inside the building. The building is expected to burn for another 30 minutes, authorities say.

Officials have contacted the owners of the cabin who gave them a detailed layout of the building. Firefighters will not enter the cabin as the building has a basement and there are fears the fugitive gunman may be hiding there.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Fugitive ex-cop believed dead, as cabin stronghold goes up in flames

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Published February 12, 2013
FoxNews.com

The dramatic manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who killed at least four people apparently ended when the rural California cabin he holed up in went up in flames, with ammunition exploding in the inferno and smoke billowing up into the mountain air.

Christopher Dorner, who hours earlier had killed one San Bernadino sheriff's deputy and wounded another before barricading himself in the cabin, in the San Bernadino mountains, was believed to be inside. Dorner, who vowed not to be taken alive, had been surrounded inside the cabin since early Tuesday afternoon. It was not clear who set the fire in the Big Bear community where Dorner apparently has been hiding since sometime last week.
It was a stunning end to a saga that gripped the nation, and had the nation's third-largest police department on tenterhooks for a week. Dorner, a former Navy man and highly trained marksman, had vowed revenge on the department he believed had wronged him - designating specific targets for death. As flames devoured the cabin, police stood by, confident that there was no escape for Dorner, and no way he could survive the blaze - assuming he had not already taken his own life. One law enforcement source told The Associated Press a single shot was heard inside the cabin before the fire broke out.

Law enforcement sources said sometime within the last few days, Dorner broke into an cabin off Route 38, on the mountain resort area where days ago his truck was found burning. Two women were held there until Tuesday morning, when Dorner left in a white pickup believed to belong to one of the women, who he left bound inside. One managed to escape and call authorities around 12:50 p.m. local time.

Sometime later, fish and wildlife officers spotted the stolen pickup, which they were looking for, and tried to stop it near Big Bear Lake, authorities said. The driver, believed to have been Dorner, fled on foot, exchanging gunfire, sources told Fox News. Hours later, police had Dorner cornered in another cabin, exchanging gunfire with the suspect. It was there that his rampage would end.

As the forces surrounding the cabin mounted, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department shut down Highway 38 to create a choke point, sources told Fox News. Four area schools were on lockdown.

The police also asked the media to stop tweeting events in real time and showing live aerial shots of the cabin, theorizing Dorner could be monitoring events on television. A CBS correspondent briefly found himself in the crossfire as he broadcasted from the event, before police ordered him out of the danger zone.

The shootout came after a day of searching and speculation, with authorities continuing their door-to-door search in the rural Southern California community, even as sources guessed Dorner, 33, may have made it over the border and into Mexico.

The hulking suspect, who claimed in a rambling manifesto posted online that he was booted from his job unfairly after official determined he falsely accused his partner of assaulting a suspect, vowed to being "asymmetrical warfare" to the department, using his police and military training, and named 40 "targets." Police have guarded the homes of the targets even as they conducted what may be the biggest manhunt in state history.

Dorner was suspected of gunning down Monica Quan, 28, and her fiancé Keith Lawrence, 27, on Feb.3 in a parking garage in Irvine, Calif. Quan’s father, Randall Quan, represented Dorner at the hearing in which he lost his job in 2009. On Monday, a day after Quan and Lawrence were found dead, some of Dorner's belongings were discovered in a trash bin near San Diego. Dorner’s bizarre manifesto surfaced on Facebook, implicating him in the murders and announcing his twisted plan for revenge against his former employer. Police hunted Dorner in San Diego, where last Wednesday night a man matching his description tried unsuccessfully to steal a boat from a marina there.

In the wee hours on Thursday, some 100 miles north in Riverside County, two LAPD officers assigned to protect a person named in Dorner’s manifesto chased a vehicle they believed was Dorner's. During an ensuing shootout, one officer was grazed in the forehead. Moments later, a gunman believed to be Dorner ambushed two Riverside cops at a traffic light, killing 11-year veteran Police Officer Michael Crain and critically injuring the other.

Dorner’s burning truck turned up 50 miles west of Riverside later that morning. Although statewide alerts were issued in California and Nevada, and authorities were watching the border, the most intense phase of the search has not left Big Bear since the truck was found on a local forest road.

In recent days, hundreds of police officers scoured the mountain, searching cabins door-to-door. While the search on Big Bear was scaled back on Monday, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department continued the hunt, likely within a stone's throw of their violent quarry.

Meanwhile, an associate of Dorner was being tracked by investigators, according to court records that suggest Dorner may have received help as he eluded a massive law enforcement dragnet. A criminal complaint filed in federal court raises the possibility that Dorner may have been assisted by an associate identified as "J.Y."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Gotta give Nancy Grace props for being LIVE and focusing on this horrible case. She has Anderson Cooper on as I type.

Don't give her props too often but w/give credit where credit is due..she could have spent the entire hour talking about the Jodi Arias sex tapes. Barf

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Christopher Dorner's body has been taken out of the cabin. HE IS DEAD but not sure how he died yet.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Fugitive ex-LAPD cop's body recovered from burned cabin

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 pm

CBS News has learned from a law enforcement source that a body recovered from a burned cabin in Big Bear, California, is believed to be Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer who was suspected of killing three people, and was the subject of an intense manhunt.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm

There will be a presser any minute now and I think they'll confirm it was Dorner.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

I got so disgusted with CNN today I had to keep it on local news. They reported things NOT confirmed, so many exaggerations it made me sick. Just to keep things to what was confirmed I changed it to local. NG OMG she was really blowing things out of proportion. On her show the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen said LE had stormed the cabin when in fact we had live shots here and LE confirmation that had NOT happened. She makes me sick. I don't know how Anderson could stand to co host with her. I slept on and off thru' the whole thing too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Oh yeah, I found only one local channel NOT carrying The State of the Union and of course watched that. I wonder how many people did the same thing.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 pm

NG OMG she was really blowing things out of proportion. On her show the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen said LE had stormed the cabin when in fact we had live shots here and LE confirmation that had NOT happened. She makes me sick. I don't know how Anderson could stand to co host with her. I slept on and off thru' the whole thing too.
And I was giving her props..well, shut my mouth!

You are fortunate that you could watch local news and get the correct story. Still have not watched the State of the Union Address.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Christopher Dorner shootout: Body found in burned cabin
February 12, 2013 | 7:03 pm

A body was found inside the burned-out cabin Tuesday night where Christopher Jordan Dorner was believed to have kept law enforcement authorities at bay before officers fired tear gas into the structure, a source told The Times.

The body, which was found in the charred rubble of the mountainside cabin, was not positively identified, the source said. The process of determining whether the body is that of the former Los Angeles Police Department officer could take hours or even days, the source said.

As authorities moved into the cabin earlier Tuesday, they heard a single gunshot.

According to a law enforcement source, police had broken down windows, fired tear gas into the cabin and blasted over a loud speaker, urging Dorner to surrender. When they got no response, police deployed a vehicle to rip down the walls of the cabin "one by one, like peeling an onion," a law enforcement official said.

By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, the source said. Then flames began to spread through the structure, and gunshots, probably set off by the fire, were heard.

As darkness descended on the mountainside, Dorner's body had not been found, authorities said. Police were planning to focus their search in the basement area, the source said.

Earlier Tuesday, a tall plume of smoke was rising as flames consumed the wood-paneled cabin. Hundreds of law enforcement personnel had swooped down on the site near Big Bear after the gun battles between Dorner and officers that broke out in the snow-covered mountains where the fugitive had been eluding a massive manhunt since his truck was found burning in the area late last week.

Law enforcement personnel in military-style gear and armed with high-powered weapons took up positions in the heavily forested area as the tense standoff progressed.

One San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy died of his wounds after he and another deputy were wounded in an exchange of gunfire outside the cabin in which hundreds of rounds were fired, sources told The Times. The deputy was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he died of his wounds.

The afternoon gun battle was part of a quickly changing situation that began after Dorner allegedly broke into a home, tied up a couple and held them hostage. He then stole a silver pickup truck, sources said.

Then Dorner was allegedly spotted by a state Fish and Wildlife officer in the pickup truck, sources said. A vehicle-to-vehicle shootout ensued. The officer's vehicle was peppered with multiple rounds, according to authorities.

Dorner crashed his vehicle and took refuge in a nearby cabin, sources said. One deputy was hit as Dorner fired out of the cabin and a second deputy was injured when Dorner exited the back of the cabin, deployed a smoke bomb and opened fire again in an apparent attempt to flee. Dorner was driven back inside the cabin, the sources said.

During the unprecedented manhunt, officers had crisscrossed California for days pursuing the more than 1,000 tips that poured in about Dorner's possible whereabouts -- including efforts in Tijuana, San Diego County and Big Bear -- and serving warrants at homes in Las Vegas and the Point Loma area of San Diego.

Statewide alerts were issued in California and Nevada, and border authorities were alerted. The Transportation Security Administration also had issued an alert urging pilots and other aircraft operators to keep an eye out for Dorner.

The search turned to Big Bear last week after Dorner's burning truck was found on a local forest road.

At the search's height, more than 200 officers scoured the mountain, conducting cabin-by-cabin checks. It was scaled back Sunday -- about 30 officers were out in the field Tuesday, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.

Dorner allegedly threatened "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police in a lengthy manifesto that authorities say he posted on Facebook. The posting named dozens of potential targets, including police officers, whom Dorner allegedly threatened to attack, according to authorities.

Records state that the manifesto was discovered by authorities last Wednesday, three days after the slaying of an Irvine couple: Monica Quan, a Cal State Fullerton assistant basketball coach, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, a USC public safety officer.

Quan was the daughter of a retired LAPD captain whom Dorner allegedly blamed in part for his firing from the force in 2009.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Live presser w/be here:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 pm

In that presser they said NO body has been found, it's too HOT to go into the cabin and the LAPD captain said he didn't know where these reports were coming from. I should have a link but someone else please find it? I have a 103 temp and feel like hell.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Why does the media do this to us!

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Now they say that there was NO BODY found in the cabin.

There has been no body located in the cabin where a shootout occurred with police searching for fugitive ex-cop Christoper Dorner, Los Angeles police said Tuesday night, contradicting earlier reports. The cabin is still burning and is too hot to search, police said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Police in California have denied reports that a body was found in a burnt-out mountain cabin where a man believed to be a ex-policeman accused of three murders was holed up.

Flames were seen rising from the cabin, as a police Swat team went in.

There were initially reports that a burnt body had been found, but police say the remains of the cabin have yet to be searched

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Don't know when LE will be able to enter the cabin and will be there all night. They haven't seen a body in the cabin. They aren't going in now because there's live ammunition in the cabin and it's not safe. It's not likely that info about the fire or what's found inside will be released until tomorrow. They still believe that someone was in the cabin, but they cannot confirm that it was Dorner or that he's still in the cabin. They can confirm that a vehicle was stolen by someone matching Dorner's description, he fled into the forest and shot 2 deputies. No idea when the cabin will be entered. That's pretty much it.
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:52 pm

raine1953 wrote:In that presser they said NO body has been found, it's too HOT to go into the cabin and the LAPD captain said he didn't know where these reports were coming from. I should have a link but someone else please find it? I have a 103 temp and feel like hell.
OMG!! That's pretty high. Maybe you should go to the ER?? Are you dizzy? Am concerned for you.

I wondered HOW they could say they had a body when the embers are still burning.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal CNN

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Anderson Cooper (CNN) just said that Dorner held up in another cabin and held several people hostage for several days and that's why he hasn't been seen or heard from and there's been no info about him for several days. He took a purple Nissan from somewhere and when he lost control of that vehicle he carjacked another vehicle (white pick up truck). LE saw the white pickup and that's when shots were exchanged and Dorner ended up in the cabin.
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

That's exactly what I finally got from local news. The cleaning ladies surprised him when they came to the cabin to clean this morning.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Those poor cleaning ladies!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 am

Thank god he didn't hurt them! I have not heard anymore about anyone else that he had over the weekend so now I'm not even sure if that's true. Maybe on our 11 pm news we'll hear more. I don't expect confirmation it's him until tomorrow.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal HD - Officers yell "Get the gas, burn it down" during Dorner, police shootout

Post by Nama on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

Christopher Dorner was holed up in a cabin surrounded by police when a voice on a police scanner appears to send a command to “Burn it down.”

Within minutes the structure was on ablaze, an inferno that burned for hours and has prevented police from seeing if Dorner’s body is inside the cabin. What appeared to be an instruction to burn the cabin down was heard on live news broadcasts and recorded by those listening online to police scanners.

To document what seemed to be a call to kill Dorner, some listeners recorded the audio and uploaded it to YouTube. A broadcast from CBS Los Angeles played a voice saying, “Get the gas. Burn it down.”

The revelation that police may have been instructed to “Burn it down” likely won’t sit well with a growing number of Christopher Dorner supporters. This group believes the LAPD is guilty of abuse and racism, as he has alleged.

Comment:
PAUL ****** 18 minutes ago
the choppers were sent away so no one would see them setting the f\'ing place on FIRE that simple we need to stop being naive with the bs excuse about tactical disadvantages he was never gonna be arrested thee original plan was to kill this mofo from the start no handcuffs
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 am

That cop was tellling the CBS reporter to get the f**k out.

Wow, this "Paul" isn't happy. This is strictly MOO, but I think that anyone who has had lot's of run-in's w/the cops..in particular, LAPD, is going to feel like "Paul" feels.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:37 am

I'm all for transparency! I don't agree with what Chris Dorner did and he needed to be stopped but if LE did start that cabin on fire then it should be public knowledge. Let's get all the secrets out and stop the BS!
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 am

The manhunt for a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of going on a killing spree converged may have ended Tuesday at a mountain cabin where authorities believe he barricaded himself inside, engaged in a shootout that killed a deputy, and then never emerged as the home went up in flames.

Investigators found charred human remains in the burned out cabin's debris, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office, which said forensic techniques would be used to try to identify the body.

CBS News correspondent John Miller says two law enforcement sources tell him authorities are confident the body is that of fugitive Christopher Dorner, 33. Their confidence was based on the facts that the man who stole a truck fit Dormer's description, that the same man was chased to the cabin, that he tossed a green smoke grenade at officers from inside the cabin and used a 50 caliber weapon to fire on them.

Based on the fact that the house was surrounded and no one was seen fleeing, Miller adds, authorities feel the body is indeed that of Dorner.

A single gunshot was heard from within the cabin before the fire erupted, authorities say.

If the results of the forensic tests are positive, the search for the most wanted man in America over the last week will have ended the way he had expected - in his death, with police pursuing him. He is believed to have killed at least four people, two of them law enforcement officers.

Thousands of officers had been hunting for the former Navy reservist since police said he launched a campaign to exact revenge against the Los Angeles Police Department for his firing. They say he threatened to bring "warfare" to officers and their families, spreading fear and setting off a search for him across the Southwest and Mexico.

"Enough is enough. It's time for you to turn yourself in. It's time to stop the bloodshed," LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said at a news conference held outside police headquarters in Los Angeles, a starkly different atmosphere than last week, when Dorner was on the loose and officials briefed the news media under heavy security in an underground hallway.

A short time after Smith spoke Tuesday, smoke began to rise from the cabin in the snow-covered woods near Big Bear Lake, a resort town about 80 miles east of Los Angeles. Flames then engulfed the building; images of the fire were broadcast on live television around the world. TV helicopters showed the fire burning freely with no apparent effort to extinguish it.

San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said authorities didn't know how the fire started. She noted there was gunfire between the person in the cabin and officers around the home before the blaze began.

There were conflicting reports about whether a body had been found inside shortly after the fire, with both the Los Angeles and San Bernardino authorities disputing the find in separate news conferences. But Miller's sources told him a body had been seen in the rubble.

Until Tuesday, authorities didn't know whether Dorner was still near Big Bear Lake, where they found his burned-out pickup last week.

Read more here http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57569107/charred-remains-found-in-cabin-are-likely-christopher-dorner-sources/

Back to top Go down

Normal Christopher Dorner License: Driver's ID Found On Alongside Burnt Body In Cabin

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 pm

The Associated Press | By TAMI ABDOLLAH AND GILLIAN FLACCUS
Posted: 02/13/2013 9:54 am EST | Updated: 02/13/2013 12:24 pm EST

BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- An official briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press that a wallet with a California driver's license with the name Christopher Dorner has been found in the rubble of a cabin.

A charred body was also found inside after a shootout and fire.

Authorities believe the remains are those of the former Los Angeles police officer, but they have not been formally identified.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation and says the charred body and personal items were found in the basement of the burned cabin. The area is in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles.

Two sheriff's deputies were also shot, one fatally. Dorner is also suspected of earlier killing a young couple and a police officer, and wounding two other officers.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Slain officer laid to rest as Los Angeles breathes a 'sigh of relief'

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Riverside, California (CNN) -- Police from around the Los Angeles area gathered to bury one of their own Wednesday while investigators worked to confirm the man blamed for killing Officer Michael Crain and three other people was dead.
A squad of bagpipers led Crain's flag-draped casket through a cordon of blue uniforms into a church in Riverside, the Los Angeles suburb where he served 11 years on the force. Investigators say he was shot and killed by Christopher Dorner, a cashiered Los Angeles cop who launched a vendetta against his old department last week.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said authorities have a "reasonable belief" that the body found in a burned-out cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains late Tuesday is Dorner's. But while the SWAT teams that prowled the city in search of the former Navy officer have stood down, the officers detailed to guard his potential victims remain in place.
LAPD: Cabin in manhunt too hot to enter Audio of suspect's shootout with police Dorner's friend: He was fun, intelligent LA Mayor: 'Relief' after Dorner standoff
"I think we all are breathing a sigh of relief," Villaraigosa said Wednesday. "We do believe that it is the body of Christopher Dorner, but we don't know for a certainty. And until we do, those police officers who were targeted will continue to be protected. That's the least we could do."
Authorities say Dorner launched a guerrilla war against the Los Angeles Police Department over what he considered his unfair dismissal in 2009. He's accused of killing four people -- Crain, a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy, the daughter of a former LAPD captain and her fiance -- and wounding three other police officers since February 3.
It wasn't clear when a formal identification could be made of the charred remains found in the cabin near Big Bear Lake, about 100 miles east of Los Angeles, after a Tuesday shootout with police. Until then, "a lot of apprehension" remains in the ranks of the LAPD, Lt. Andy Neiman said.
"It's been a very trying time over the last couple of weeks for all of those involved and all those families, friends and everybody that has been touched by this incident," he said.

The fiery standoff that capped the search Tuesday came five days after Dorner's burned truck turned up on a forest road near Big Bear Lake. Officers converged on the remote area, but the trail went cold for days in a fierce blizzard. On Sunday, the San Bernardino authorities said they had scaled back the search.
Los Angeles authorities had issued a $1 million reward for Dorner's capture. Villaraigosa said it was too soon to say if anyone would be able to claim the reward.
What may have been the final act began Tuesday, when California Fish and Wildlife wardens said they spotted Dorner driving a purple Nissan down icy roads near Big Bear Lake. He was driving very close to school buses, as if using them as cover, Lt. Patrick Foy said.
No children were on the buses, he said.
The wardens, driving in two different vehicles, chased Dorner. A gun battle ensued.
One of the warden's cars was hit, and Dorner crashed his car and ran, according to authorities. He then carjacked a pickup truck.

Rick Heltebrake, a camp ranger, said he was driving when he saw the crashed purple truck -- and then something terrifying.
"Here comes this guy with a big gun, and I knew who it was right away," he told CNN affiliate KTLA. "He just came out of the snow at me with his gun at my head. He said, 'I don't want to hurt you. Just get out of the car and start walking.' "
Heltebrake said the man let him take his dog and walk away with his hands up.
"Not more than 10 seconds later, I heard a loud round of gunfire," Heltebrake said. "Ten to 20 rounds maybe. I found out later what that was all about."

Dorner fled to a nearby cabin and got into another shootout with San Bernardino County deputies, killing one and wounding another.
San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told reporters Tuesday the other deputy was in surgery, "but he should be fine."
Some of the firefight between police and the gunman was captured live on the telephone of a reporter for CNN affiliates KCBS and KCAL. Police in Los Angeles listened live over police scanners broadcast on the Internet, Neiman said.
"It was horrifying to listen to that firefight," he told reporters.
The cabin caught fire when police tossed smoke devices inside, a law enforcement source told CNN. The intense fire burned for hours as authorities waited at a distance.
After initially saying that no body had been found, sheriff's investigators finally confirmed overnight that they had found charred human remains in the ashes.
The department said it would work to identify the remains, but it could take a while.
Devices such as flash-bang grenades and tear gas canisters designed to disorient and disable suspects can cause fires, CNN contributor Tom Fuentes, a former FBI assistant director, said Wednesday.

The deputy's death in the shootout Tuesday brought to four the number of people that police believe Dorner killed.
Dorner, who vowed to kill police officers to avenge what he called an unfair termination, was first named a suspect in two shooting deaths on February 3: Monica Quan, the daughter of his police union representative, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence.
Police say he killed Crain and wounded Crain's partner in an ambush on their patrol car Thursday. They say he also wounded an LAPD officer who chased him in the suburban city of Corona, California.

Police say Dorner promised a war on police after issuing a manifesto blaming the LAPD for mistreating him. He claimed he was railroaded out of the department after filing a brutality report against another officer and said a culture of racism and misconduct continues within the department.
The manifesto warned dozens of LAPD figures and their families that he would wage "asymmetric warfare" against the department, drawing on his training with the LAPD and as a naval officer in river warfare and security units.
He said it was not something he enjoyed, but called it a "last resort" to clear his name and bring change to the department.
He also predicted his own death would come in a confrontation with police.
"Self Preservation is no longer important to me," the manifesto said. "I do not fear death as I died long ago."
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:14 pm

OMG, that poor man! At least he allowed him to take his dog!! Horrific!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

They are all but saying it's him w/o official confirmation. forensics have the body and they will let us know when they have something to confirm. The manhunt is over. Cops say they didn't burn down the cabin on purpose, says it was tear gas canisters.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

That was short and to the point. It will be posted later. They ID'ed both the injured officer and the deceased one. That's about it.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:26 pm

so is Dorner really dead or does LE just want people to think all is well?
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Personally I think he's dead but they can't put out an official confirmation. LA has not been on tactical alert since yesterday morning. Up in Big Bear people and LE appear to be walking around relaxed. I don't think this would happen if they didn't feel it's him. However I do appreciate the fact they won't confirm until they have a little more forensics.
My son, grandson and ex are going to Big Bear camping this weekend and if I thought it wasn't him I'd be out of my mind!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I doubt they would go if there was a scintilla of a thought he was still alive.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum