Missing Colorado Teen Case: Raven Cassidy Furlong/3.19.2013 Raven's car found in Venice, CA.Update: Raven Found Safe!

Go down

Normal Missing Colorado Teen Case: Raven Cassidy Furlong/3.19.2013 Raven's car found in Venice, CA.Update: Raven Found Safe!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 am

Raven Furlong
Raven left her home on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8am headed for school in Lakewood, Colorado. Raven left driving her own car (1999 4-door Red Ford Taurus with a Colorado "Donate Life" plate #284 WAU) - no Amber Alert was done at the time of her disappearance and both Raven and the car have yet to be found.

The last call from her cell phone had been made February 6th until someone accessed the phone on February 26th to send a form of media (text, link etc.) from the cell. She is said to be in the company of two other girls but we have reason to believe they were separated at some point in another state.

After no support from local authorities and their daughter being listed as a runaway, Raven's family retained NWCAVE on February 25th to help get their daughter's face and case visible. Under the direction of NWCAVE's Mission Persons' Division Chair Shelley Shaffer, an independent investigation was launched to find Raven.

In the past two days, we learned the common denominator of Raven's disappearance is similar to that of our other Colorado case, Kara Nichols. Both teens had a profile on a modeling website that has been linked to over ten missing girls with the same circumstances of their disappearances.

Within 48-hours of our media efforts Raven did call her father's house; everyone was thrilled to know she is alive and called home, sadly though the call was bleak based on her demeanor. The call was short and Raven appeared scared and forced to phone home by the person(s) she was with. Although Raven phoned home, the family and those of us at NWCAVE are not convinced she is okay.

Anyone with any information is asked to call the Aurora Police Department (303) 739-6000 or call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.

Raven may be in Colorado, Nevada, or California based on computer and cell phone records. We believe Raven is a missing endangered teen and although she left on her own, we believe she is being prevented from going home.

Please help us spread the word.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Must See Video!

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 am

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Women's group hires detective to probe case of missing Colorado models

Post by raine1953 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 pm

With fears of foul play growing in the cases of three Colorado women who had profiles on small-time modeling websites before they disappeared, an advocacy group for women is launching its own investigation to see if they are connected or possibly even part of a bigger, nationwide case.
The National Women’s Coalition Against Violence and Exploitation has hired a private investigator who plans to look into the possibility of a connection between the disappearances of Raven Furlong, 17, and Kara Nichols, 19, who both had profiles on ModelMayhem.com, and Kelsie Schelling, who has a modeling profile on the site Explore Talent.
“We are considering the options of an independent investigation into not only the cases we are currently handling but other cases that appear to have common attributes that may or may not be linked to the model sites in question,” Shelley Shaffer, head of the coalition's Missing Persons Division, told FoxNews.com.
“We are in conversations with former security investigators among others to see how significant all of the cases are to each other and then we will provide our findings to the authorities. Although we know of many cases with similar connections we are not placing blame on any one site, but we are following the concerns of our clients.”
The coalition and investigators working with it have been probing some 14 cases nationwide in which missing women all had profiles on sites like Model Mayhem.
“When you have so many cases with a common denominator, that’s a red flag,” coalition spokeswoman Michelle Bart said.
Internet Brands, which owns and operates ModelMayhem.com, defended the site's practices in a written statement to FoxNews.com.
"While our policy is to fully cooperate with authorities if approached for assistance in an investigation, Model Mayhem has not been contacted by police authorities regarding either of the three recent disappearances in Colorado," Internet Brands spokesman Joe Ewaskiw said in the statement.
"Model Mayhem strongly believes that safety should be top of mind when doing anything online. ... The site offers detailed safety advice to help members understand what to look for when they are contacted by others," he added.
Site members also are encouraged to alert moderators to suspicious activity.
"Moderators view and respond to each and every inquiry," Ewaskiw said.
But the families of the missing tell FoxNews.com that not enough is being done by Model Mayhem.
“Do they run this website with full disclosure of the risk?” said Julia Nichols, mother of Kara Nichols, who has been missing since Oct. 9. She disappeared after telling her friends she was going to Denver from her Colorado Springs home for a modeling job. “These girls are young and impressionable. If they were fully aware, do you think they would use this website? They should inform the users and have more of a screening process.”
Furlong, 17, has been missing from Aurora since Feb. 5. Police consider her a runaway, according to KRDO. Buckley told Fox 31 Furlong called her family last month, but her mother says the call wasn’t normal.
“She said she had to go because it’s not her phone and they need their phone back,” said Lin Furlong.
Schelling was last seen on Feb. 4. Her empty car was discovered in Pueblo.
Furlong’s aunt, Tobi Buckley, discovered her niece's Model Mayhem profile after she vanished and saw some disturbing correspondence. Buckley has launched a Facebook page to build awareness around the case.
“If they are such a legitimate site, why wouldn’t they do anything?” she said to FoxNews.com. “Bad people are using the site, and they are doing nothing to stop it.”
Police have not officially linked the website—which has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau-- to any of the disappearances, but they are aware of the possible dangers that can be associated with using a site such as this.
El Paso County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Kramer told FoxNews.com the modeling aspect is part of the probe.
“From the onset of the case we were aware that (Nichols) was an aspiring model, and we had a concern about the subculture often associated with these sites,” Kramer said.
Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Missing Colorado Teen Case: Raven Cassidy Furlong/3.19.2013 Raven's car found in Venice, CA.Update: Raven Found Safe!

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Help Find Raven Cassidy Furlong
FAST FACTS - response to Redden's mother's comments
The fact remains, it was the Redden girls’ father in another state that actually pushed Kristen to report the girls missing (almost a month later) and with respect to their nice father and step-mother we removed his daughter from the original flyer believing in a few hours we would have answers; that was over ten days ago. Elyssa spoke with our director of our missing persons division and told her a complete fabrication of why the girls left and then just last week told the FBI agent in fact they had been together until recently – the fact is NO ONE has seen the car or Raven since Feb. 5th and we won’t stop until we find out why. Runaways that leave together do not part ways – Raven was used because she had the wheels and now we are suppose to stop and believe they are kicking back and all is okay?

Raven phone her step-mother for less than 2 minutes – distressed, sad, and had to hurry up to get off the phone of someone else’s. Raven has not accessed her phone in weeks, no postings on social media, left for “a couple of days to do modeling and would be home in a couple of days” a text she sent her mom – her mother reported the car stolen and her daughter missing immediately, the Redden sisters were not reported until distance uncles and grandparents alerted their father of the situation. The Redden sister have called home and have had continuous positing on Facebook and have changed their status a few times, Raven has not – this family nor our organization will apologize for nothing, Raven is endangered and missing and until we are all satisfied she is okay the two people that hold all of the answers are the Redden sisters.

So Elyssa and Olivia – one minute is Utah, the next Nevada, then Venice, CA, and then Baltimore and then San Francisco – what the hell is the truth. “The truth shall set you free…”

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Car of missing Aurora teen Raven Cassidy Furlong found in southern California, family reports Family: 'Disturbing items' found in car

Post by raine1953 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm

A car belonging to missing Colorado teen Raven Cassidy Furlong was found in California, according to a Facebook page devoted to finding her.

An update posted at about midnight Monday said the family got a parking ticket from Venice, Calif. that led them to believe the 17 year old was in the area.
continue reading at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Missing Colorado Teen Case: Raven Cassidy Furlong/3.19.2013 Raven's car found in Venice, CA.Update: Raven Found Safe!

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 pm

This reminds me of when the Ant's got the certified letter their car was impounded. That's the ONY similarity.

Wow, I sure hope they find her..Alive!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Authorities consider possible sex trafficking in case of missing Colorado teen

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am

By Cristina Corbin
Published March 23, 2013
FoxNews.com

Authorities searching for a 17-year-old Colorado girl are considering the possibility that the missing teenager is a victim of sex trafficking, a law enforcement official confirmed to FoxNews.com.

Raven Cassidy Furlong, of Aurora, Colo., left her home on Feb. 5 with two friends, telling her family that she would return in two days, according to investigators.

Her vehicle, registered under her stepmother's name, was found earlier this week in Venice, Calif., near Los Angeles.

Aurora police have classified Furlong a "runaway," but when her name was discovered on the modeling website, ModelMahyem.com, her family questioned whether she was tricked into moving to California with the promise of modeling work.

Furlong, as well as her two companions, ages 16 and 19, have not been located, and there is no evidence at this time to indicate the teenagers were lured to Los Angeles for the purpose of prostitution, according to authorities. But sex trafficking is being considered as a possible scenario, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller told FoxNews.com.

"In cases where evidence may indicate [sex trafficking], that is clearly a concern that would be thoroughly addressed by law enforcement at the state/federal level, especially in cases involving minors," Eimiller said.
The Aurora Police Department is the lead agency in the case, assisted by both the LAPD and FBI as part of a task force that addresses crimes against children.

Michelle Bart, a Furlong family spokeswoman, told FoxNews.com on Wednesday that "We have reason to believe she is still in the Los Angeles area and being held against her will."

Furlong's case follows the disappearance of two other young models, Kara Nichols, who also had a profile on ModelMayem.com, and Kelsie Schelling, who has a modeling profile on the site Explore Talent. The two women are still missing, but there is no evidence that their cases are connected to Furlong's, according to Aurora police.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Teen runaway found in Venice Beach after a month away from Colorado home says 'I'm fine!' but her family claim she's been coerced into prostitution.

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 am

'Everybody can leave me alone' said Raven Cassidy Furlong, who turned 18 while on the missing persons list
Her family remains convinced she's a 'scared victim of trafficking'
Meanwhile, police say she seemed fine and declined to release her to her pleading Colorado family against her will
By JOSHUA GARDNER
PUBLISHED: 16:05 EST, 7 April 2013 | UPDATED: 15:46 EST, 8 April 2013

A teenage girl reported missing in February amid fears she’d been lured into a prostitution ring was found standing in line for a television shoot in Venice Beach on Friday.

Police say the girl, who ran away from her Aurora, Colorado home February 5, was with friends and appeared unharmed.

‘I’m fine,’ the 18-year-old Raven Cassidy Furlong told an NBCLA photographer Friday. ‘Everybody can leave me alone because I've been fine and I am fine.’

Police had already investigated a tip that Furlong had been spotted in the Venice Beach area of Los Angeles.
"[She was] waiting in line with some friends, some other people for a TV shoot," Sgt. Daniel Gonzalez of the Los Angeles Police Department Pacific Division said.

Furlong was reportedly at a taping for NBC’s American Ninja Warrior.

Police asked Furlong to come to the station for questioning and, without resisting, she complied.

Furlong admitted to police that she was a runaway and the subject of a search by her family.

Though she was 17-years-old when her family reported her missing, Furlong is now 18 and told police she was in Los Angeles voluntarily.

Police informed Furlong’s family that she’d been found. ‘She didn't appear to be under the influence of any alcohol or drugs. She didn't appear to be given us any type of coerced statements,’ said.Sgt. Gonzalez.
Not everyone agrees, however. Furlong’s mother, Tonja Mahaffey, continues to believe her daughter is a ‘scared victim of trafficking’ who lied to the police about her well-being.

‘I can tell that it’s her, but that’s not my daughter,’ Mahaffey told ABC 7 in Denver.

Mahaffey continues to post to a Facebook page she started for her then missing daughter and says the family is still trying to get her back.

The family plans to be on a radio show called Voices for Justice April 8 and hope Furlong will call in to speak to them.

But Furlong maintained that she did not want to return to Colorado and, at least for now, that’s the end of this story.

‘She's 18,’ said Sgt. Gonzalez, who removed Furlong from a missing persons list. ‘She's an adult.’

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm glad she's OK. I really feel for her family thou'. It's maddening to hear 'I'm 18 now and there's nothing you can do anymore'! I hope she's careful out here as it's not a world for a young 18 yr old who thinks she's all grown up. MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:20 pm

agreed

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Help Find Raven Cassidy Furlong
RAVEN UPDATE: Raven as of 4/22/2013 has been reunited with her family. Thank you to everyone that helped our family find her. Although Raven remains in Venice, CA; we respect her wishes to remain living in Southern California.

The website is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the Facebook page name will need to remain the same because we cannot change it to reflect Raven was found since we have over 200 likes (this is a FB issue). This site will be deleted first week in May.

Thank you for your support in keeping her face and case visible! Please remove the flyer and website links from any further PSA’s and/or websites.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum