Kyndall Jack, 18, & Nicholas Cendoya, 19, of Costa Mesa, CA, lost for 4 days w/ no water in Trabuco Canyon/Nicholas Found Safe, Kyndall has been found alive!/4.30.2013 Nicholas charged w/ possession of methamphetamine that was found in his car

Go down

Normal Kyndall Jack, 18, & Nicholas Cendoya, 19, of Costa Mesa, CA, lost for 4 days w/ no water in Trabuco Canyon/Nicholas Found Safe, Kyndall has been found alive!/4.30.2013 Nicholas charged w/ possession of methamphetamine that was found in his car

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 am

By ABBIE BOUDREAU | Good Morning America – 1 hour 51 minutes ago

Good Morning America - Race Against Time to Find Teen Hikers (ABC News)

Search teams and scores of volunteers will be combing through a vast southern California canyon in a race against time to find two teens who have been missing since the weekend.

Kyndall Jack, 18, and Nicholas Cendoya, 19, both of Costa Mesa, Calif., called authorities Sunday night and told police they were lost and had run out of water while hiking in Trabuco Canyon. The pair said they thought they were only about a mile from their car before their cellphone apparently died. Police were not able to pinpoint their exact location.

"We're looking for footprints. We have articles of clothing from each of the subjects," Orange County Sheriff's Department Reserve Lt. Chuck Williams said Tuesday.

Bloodhounds picked up Jack and Cendoya's scent Monday in two locations but police fear that they may be injured.

"If these two were ambulatory, I believe they should have walked out or yelled for help," Orange County Sheriff's Department Lt. Erin Giudice said Tuesday.

Authorities say they're focusing on a 2 mile arc in the Cleveland National Forest, starting from where the teen's car was found.

"I just hope she is found. She's not a very experienced hiker," Kendall Jack's mother, Dawn, said.

Jack's father, Russ, is growing more concerned by the minute and feels his daughter is running out of time.

"They don't have any water to drink. I'm sure they don't have heavy jackets or anything," he said.

Search teams and volunteers have fanned out across the area by foot, air and on horseback.

A Facebook page called "Costa Mesa Search Party" has been created to help in the search efforts with people posting coordinates of where they searched for the two teens. Others on the page are offering food and water to those involved in the search.

"I want my daughter found. I want Nick to be found as well," said Russ Jack. "We're not going to give up."
Authorities believe that the favorable weather conditions and age of the teens are working in their favor.

"I'm still very hopeful. They are still young kids. They are very healthy. We will find them," Giudice said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Kyndall Jack, 18, & Nicholas Cendoya, 19, of Costa Mesa, CA, lost for 4 days w/ no water in Trabuco Canyon/Nicholas Found Safe, Kyndall has been found alive!/4.30.2013 Nicholas charged w/ possession of methamphetamine that was found in his car

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:08 am

April 3, 2013 10:18 AM

By Crimesider Staff Topics Daily Blotter
Nicholas Cendoya (left) and Kyndall Jack / CBS Los Angeles
(CBS/AP) RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. - The search for two missing California teens who vanished while hiking in Orange County's Cleveland National Forest grows more urgent with every hour since they were last heard from on Sunday night.

Parents of 19-year-old Nicholas Cendoya and 18-year-old Kyndall Jack hoped for a sign of their kids somewhere in the wooded area as experts and volunteers continued the hunt Wednesday morning, sheriff's Lt. Erin Guidice said.

Searchers were concentrating on an area of the Holy Jim Trail where a bloodhound picked up a scent during an overnight search, Guidice said.

The teens called authorities Sunday night saying they were lost about a mile from their car in Holy Jim Canyon, but their cellphone lost power soon afterward.

Friends who joined the search told CBS Los Angeles that the couple is very active.

"They're very fitness-oriented, so it's not really a shocker that they'd be hiking but it's a shocker that they'd be missing because of it," Daniela Conderes told the station.

The rocky, tree-shaded dirt trail leads to a waterfall on a 2.8-mile round trip and is popular with day hikers. Its difficulty is listed as moderate to serious on a U.S. Forest Service website. However, the lost hikers "did not keep to the trail," Guidice said.

The area has heavy brush and a creek running through it, she said. Temperatures were moderate Friday, following an overnight low in the 50s.

The area is in a section of the national forest in the Santa Ana Mountains, which lie along the border of Orange and Riverside counties southeast of Los Angeles. The trail ranges in elevation from about 2,000 feet to about 4,000 feet.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Kyndall Jack, 18, & Nicholas Cendoya, 19, of Costa Mesa, CA, lost for 4 days w/ no water in Trabuco Canyon/Nicholas Found Safe, Kyndall has been found alive!/4.30.2013 Nicholas charged w/ possession of methamphetamine that was found in his car

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

|
|

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm

I am so scared for these kids! Two nights out in the elements w/o the proper clothing and w/o water is so serious! I sure hope they were able to find water. The bloodhounds picked up their scent Monday I believe, not yesterday according to all the news reports I've listened to here. praying for a miracle!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Me, too!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Rescue Crews Follow Nighttime Tip in Search for Hikers

Post by raine1953 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Search and rescue crews were scanning rugged terrain in the Cleveland National Forest late Wednesday after receiving a tip that at least one of two young hikers lost in the area may have been spotted, according to the Orange County Fire Authority.

Nicholas Cendoya, 19, and Kyndall Jack, 18, both from Costa Mesa and pictured below, had called 911 at 8:30 p.m. Easter Sunday to say they were lost, but their cell phone batteries died and authorities could not locate them.

Cendoya may have been found alive late Wednesday, according to OC authorities. It was not immediately clear where his hiking companion, Jack, may be.

Since Monday, searchers on foot, dogs and helicopters have been combing over a network of trails in the Holy Jim Canyon area, trying to find the two teens.

On Wednesday, dozens of volunteers joined official search crews that began work at 6 a.m. -- so many extra searchers that some were turned away.

A couple of volunteer searchers had gotten lost in afternoon and were in cell phone communication with authorities, who had not been able to track them down as of 6 p.m., according to authorities on scene.

And in a separate incident in a nearby canyon, a hiker unrelated to the search was also being airlifted out -- as shown below at right -- of the area after one had injured his back after slipping and falling near a waterfall.

Russ Jack, Kyndall Jack's father, begged volunteers to stay away from the search area unless they're experience hikers. He called the scene a "modern-day circus," but assured volunteers he was grateful for their efforts.

"We don't need lookey-loos up here just hanging out and not helping. If you're not an experienced hiker or a mountain biker, then please stay home," Russ Jack said. "There's just too many people and it's hurting the efforts that the authroties have put into this right now."

Dawn Jack, Kyndall's mom, teared up in front of news cameras when the pair spoke.

"We just need our children to come home safely," Dawn Jack said. "We need for everybody else to leave here safe, so please help us out now by not coming up just to hang out … we know you love us and are supporting us."

Officials with the Orange County Sheriff's Department said enough personnel had been scheduled to continue the search through the weekend.

"We're going to increase the number of our ground searches. We're going to commence with air operations in strategic areas with high terrain that's difficult to traverse," said Orange County Fire Authority spokesman Capt. Jon Muir. "It's going to be a combined effort, and we're not going to stop until we have a good resolution."

Authorities have said the fairly mild conditions in the area are survivable, even when temperatures drop overnight. But the terrain off-trail can be difficult, and it's possible one or both of the hikers were injured, search officials said.

Russ Jack, father to 18-year-old Kyndall, has spent two nights near the search area and was clearly emotional Wednesday. He said he thought he had seen sparks of light on the hillside, but the searchers found nothing.

"After three days, you gotta say no water. The kids are dehydrated. Hopefully none of them are hurt," Russ Jack said. "At this point, everybody is still upbeat, optimistic about finding the kids in good shape and alive."

Megan Shounia, a clerk in the Trabuco Canyon general store that on Sunday sold the pair a National Forest Adventure Pass needed for parking at the trailhead, said she warned them about conditions.

"They were excited about going out. I told them to take it slow because the road is a little rocky," Shounia said. "I remember looking at their car -- it was like a green BMW. I told them to take it slow. He said he was worried about scraping up his car a little bit."

She said Cendoya wore tank top and Jack, a V-neck T-shirt.

"From what was on them, they just had the clothes on their back and a small water bottle," Shounia said.

The OC Hiking Club, which has some 2,700 fans on its Facebook page, called for "strong hikers" among its members to join in a noontime search in the Trabuco Canyon area Wednesday.

Updates were being posted Wednesday on another Facebook event page that had organized friends to search for the hikers the previous day.

Overnight Tuesday, Cendoya's car was towed under the family's direction.

A message had been drawn into the dust on the car's rear window, reading "Kyndall – we r looking, won't stop. Love you, mom."

Grief counselors were at Costa Mesa High School -- the pair's alma mater -- for the first time on Wednesday. Cendoya played football, while Jack was known as "the jackhammer" on the volleyball team.

On Tuesday, the Sheriff's Department had cautioned the many volunteers -- family, friends and others who wanted to help -- to be prepared for the search with extra food, water, clothing and navigation tools.

Authorities had said fresh spring growth was making it difficult to search off-trail through dense brush -- and to spot people from helicopters searching overhead.

"If you get off trail, you will quickly be between waist- and head-high brush...It's very difficult travel. It's hard and it's exhausting," sheriff's reserve Lt. Chuck Williams said Tuesday.
We just had the TV interrupted by breaking news, Nicholas has been found and is injured. There is no sign of the girl. I sure hope they keep looking thru' the night for her! They've been w/o water for three days now. No link to the breaking news yet since it was just reported on TV.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal One of Two Missing Hikers Found Alive: Officials

Post by raine1953 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 pm

A 19-year-old hiker who has been missing in Cleveland National Forest for three days was found alive late Wednesday, according to Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Jason Park.

Search and rescue crews renewed their search of the rugged terrain after receiving a nighttime tip that someone had spotted Nicholas Cendoya. The whereabouts of Cendoya's hiking companion Kyndall Jack, 18, were not immediately known, Park said.

Cendoya was airlifted from the canyon and taken to a hospital as the search continued for Jack, authorities said.

The teens, both from Costa Mesa and pictured below, had called 911 at 8:30 p.m. Easter Sunday to say they were lost, but their cell phone batteries died and authorities could not locate them.

Cendoya may have been found alive late Wednesday, according to OC authorities. It was not immediately clear where his hiking companion, Jack, may be.

Since Monday, searchers on foot, dogs and helicopters have been combing over a network of trails in the Holy Jim Canyon area, trying to find the two teens.
more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 am

WOW!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 am

The local news just said that Nicholas was dehydrated, delirious and in serious condition but would recover. The news anchor said that it's not known if he was able to provide any info on the girl who is still lost. I think the search is still going on tonight thou' I don't know how, it's so dark up there.
No link, it's too early in the story to find one but will have one in the morning.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 pm

The video says that Nicholas is undergoing surgery but didn't say for what. I wonder if he was able to provide any information about Kyndall?
The person who located Nicholas wasn't even searching for him. Could you imagine being out hiking and coming across someone desperately lost and in need of help? That is FATE!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

BREAKING NEWS ON MY TV: rescue workers are with Kendall right now. No word on her condition. One of the rescuers slipped and fell right there and has a head injury, they will have to be rescued now. The ledge looks to me to be very narrow.
I cannot see Kendall at all but they are keeping this rescue up on the TV live. KCAL 9 Los Angeles if any of you want to watch this.
I don't believe they've yet released any info on what the reason for surgery Nite. As of this morning Nicholas had not yet been able to give info to LE - I heard this on the morning news, don't know how accurate it is.
Yes, it was just a hiker who stumbled upon Nicholas! How bizarre is that?
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

They just said that Nicholas is awake and talking. Apparently the last time he saw Kendall was Sunday night.
It sounds like Kendall is alive, rescue workers heard her in these dense, very dense vegetation. No word on injuries.
The helicopter is just above Kendall right now ready to hoist her up. There's two helicopters as there is an injured rescue worker too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Kendall's helicopter just landed, I think it's a different one than the one Nicholas is in. There was just an interview with some LE officer and he said the rescue worker who is with the reserves might be more serious w/ the head trauma and that he was airlifted at about the same time as Kendall and taken to another trauma hospital. This is still going on live.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 am

Thank Goodness!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Rescued teen hiker charged with possession of meth

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm

MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenage hiker who was rescued after going missing in Trabuco Canyon in March was charged Wednesday with possession of methamphetamine.

Nicolas Cendoya, 19, and his friend, 18-year-old Kyndall Jack, went missing while hiking on Easter Sunday, March 31. They were each found separately several days later.

The Orange County District Attorney's Office said methamphetamine was found in Cendoya's parked car in the Cleveland National Forest.

Cendoya was charged with one felony count of unlawful possession of methamphetamine. Jack is not charged at this time, according to the district attorney's office.

Orange County officials said earlier they would not seek reimbursement for the more than $160,000 spent rescuing the pair.

There was a request for an investigation to determine if the hikers set in motion a series of events in which they should be held legally and financially responsible.

Investigators did not ask the hikers to submit to toxicology testing after their rescue.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm

This changes the whole story if they were using meth the night they became lost and separated.
From my knowledge after 72 hours meth would not have been in their systems so any toxicology testing would have been given in vain. MOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum