Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

Post by PeterfromTexas on Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Did I hear it correctly that the jail purchased Hodi makeup? Why didn't the employee in charge of the press/media for the jail tell Hodi to eff off when she demanded someone buy her makeup for these interviews?

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Jodi Arias GUILTY Of Pre-Meditated & EXTREME CRUELTY Felony Murder Of Travis Alexander ~Update: HUNG JURY In Penalty Phase~ Date Of Penalty Phase 09/29/14.

Post by PeterfromTexas on Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Wrapitup wrote:VINNIE POLITAN FAN PAGE
Jodi wasn't BEGGING for her life! OMG she cut her hair to donate to lock of love (i'm rolling my eyes) No disrespect to cancer patients (I'm a nurse) but i'd be proud to be bald rather than wear a murderer's hair.

me: I saw a tweet that said Locks of Love does NOT take bleached hair. Another lie???
That's true. They don't take bleached hair or hair that's been colored over bleach.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lying psychopathic witch!

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

PeterfromTexas wrote:Did I hear it correctly that the jail purchased Hodi makeup? Why didn't the employee in charge of the press/media for the jail tell Hodi to eff off when she demanded someone buy her makeup for these interviews?
I heard or read (don't remember) that the media bought the make-up for her. I doubt if Sheriff Joe gives a rat's @$$ if Jodi looks good for her interviews.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi sees autopsy photo in court/ WARNING: NOT for the weak of heart!

Post by Nama on Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue May 21, 2013 10:10 pm

NBC Interviews will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas on Tue May 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Nama wrote:
PeterfromTexas wrote:Did I hear it correctly that the jail purchased Hodi makeup? Why didn't the employee in charge of the press/media for the jail tell Hodi to eff off when she demanded someone buy her makeup for these interviews?
I heard or read (don't remember) that the media bought the make-up for her. I doubt if Sheriff Joe gives a rat's @$$ if Jodi looks good for her interviews.
Certainly. The way Beth described this on NG made it seem as if someone from the prison had to purchase it.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue May 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Jodi Arias on trial: "Surreal in a most unpleasant way"
In her first interview since pleading with jurors for her life, Jodi Arias sits down with 12 News anchor Mark Curtis and Arizona Republic reporter Michael Kiefer to discuss her case.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Tue May 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Gag. I watched all 5 of those. This guy asked some good questions, but she disagreed whenever he suggested she'd done something wrong or bad. She believes in heaven and hell, but doesn't think she's going to hell when she dies. "Grace" will save her??

She said she didn't get a fair trial because it became such a circus atmosphere. She was the damn ringleader conducting all these TV interviews.
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Normal Interview with Troy Hayden

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am

Interview with Jodi......Troy Hayden
WATCH NOW!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 am

For crying out loud......Jodi said that the reason for doing the interviews today is to bring awareness to domestic violence. She just doesn't get it, does she?
This interview was about 5 minutes in length.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 1:08 am

Nama wrote:Jodi Arias on trial: "Surreal in a most unpleasant way"
In her first interview since pleading with jurors for her life, Jodi Arias sits down with 12 News anchor Mark Curtis and Arizona Republic reporter Michael Kiefer to discuss her case.
There were only FOUR parts to this interview when I watched if an hour or so ago. NOW there are 10 parts if any of you watched it earlier and only saw the first four.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed May 22, 2013 1:40 am

I just cannot make myself listen to her talk anymore.
I can't believe the Judged suspended her Ruling on letting Jodi conduct interviews again.

STABBY already views herself as famous, the Media flocking to her just fuels her already inflated ego.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 1:59 am

I posted this b/c when I clicked on this link:
it says 'livestream unavailable".

My thoughts: If she thinks Travis's family will ever forgive her, she is more delusional than I thought. I know it's said we Must forgive in order to get on w/our lives but this is different. That You Tube of his throat slit that was shown in court today speaks Volumes. This was NOT a DV killing. This was a whacked out psychopath that WAS jealous, WAS possessive. She said she wasn't. Bullshit. She says she was abused. Maybe verbally to a point only b/c SHE put him through so much w./the tire slashing, climbing in through his doggie door and sleeping on his couch while he was completely unaware. We don't and will never know what all she did to make his life a living hell prior to her butchering him but this monster was obsessed. She can try to dumb it down and say she wasn't but no one is drinking her kool aid except those nutjobs at the "Innocent" site. He took quite a bit from her. If anyone was abusive, it was SHE. NOT him.

Re: she doesn't know what life is like in prison. She is in for a rude awakening. Even if she gets Life. Does she think she's going in there as some event planner (like TLMS )? Some of the prisoners, in particular the lifers who have nothing to lose, may try to kill her just to say they "offed" the infamous Jodi Arias who I think is NOW the most hated woman in the world. TLMS must feel some relief at this point and I would bet she watched this trial.

Re: Heaven and Hell. This is a personal matter of opinion for each of us. She Claims she is not religious yet she was baptized in the Mormon church? GMAB! She thinks "Grace" (whatever that means) will save her from Hell? IF there is a hell, she's got a one way pass. She says she apologized to the Alexander's. BS!! She showed ZERO remorse. She says she did not get a fair trial. Really? She was given more leeway by this judge than I've ever witnessed. What threw me is when she was asked if the jury comes back divided in their deliberation for the DP or life that she w/get a new trial. Is that correct? How can that be? Did I hear that wrong? She was found Guilty. I don't understand or comprehend HOW IF they come back divided on the DP or Life that would warrant a new trial. I would think the decision would be up to the judge.

She says she is a survivor and showed those ridiculous shirts. What about Travis? He was NOT a "survivor". What a complete slap in the face to Travis' family. Many would love to choke her with those shirts.

She is loving the limelight. To ask/demand make up and hair is despicable! She is ALL about the way she looks. There is not one scintilla of goodness from within.

I hope she gets death..has to be on death row and Never speaks to the media again. Never has the infamous book club or whatever. Oh, then she said she wants to write some books but NOT about this case. Really? CAN she legally write books if they are not about this case? I don't think so. She cannot profit at all.

And lastly, at the very LEAST, she could have said the profits for the shirts were going to Travis' family. I thought of more when she was talking lying but I think I've said enough. my 2 cents BS Lies crap karma eyerolling la la la Electric Chair

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 2:01 am

NiteSpinR wrote:I just cannot make myself listen to her talk anymore.
I can't believe the Judged suspended her Ruling on letting Jodi conduct interviews again.

STABBY already views herself as famous, the Media flocking to her just fuels her already inflated ego.
I agree. I've heard enough. It's just more of the same. I will eventually hear her on The Today Show. But for now, I don't want to hear that pathetic voice or her pathetic thoughts. One more thing. She can't say what she would say to Travis at this point? OMG!!! That floored me!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 am

I added another interview to the newly locked thread. LOL.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 2:57 am

I heard on HLN that Jodi won't be starting a book club. Someone contacted the prison and no matter what her sentence is she won't have any contact with other prisoners. It will have to be a club of ONE....just her. This will give her more time to concentrate on her recycling and her t-shirt sales.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 am

LOL! A book club for herself and her NINJA alter-ego !

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 am

Wrapitup wrote:I added another interview to the newly locked thread. LOL.

SHAME ON YOU![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]LOL!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 22, 2013 3:39 am

Well said on the post a few above Wrap!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal NBC Today Show interview on LINK

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As an Arizona jury resumes deliberating on Wednesday about whether she deserves the death penalty for the murder of her ex-boyfriend, Jodi Arias is now begging for her life after initially saying she preferred to die.

“What I receive will be what I deserve, I believe,’’ she told NBC’s Diana Alvear only hours after she begged the jury to spare her life on Tuesday.

Earlier this month, she was convicted of the brutal murder of ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. In the immediate aftermath of the trial, she told a local radio station: "I said years ago that I'd rather get death than life, and that is still true today."

But in her interview with Alvear, which aired on TODAY Wednesday, Arias said she deserves life in prison instead of the death penalty because she still has a lot to contribute to society. She also said she feels betrayed by the jury’s verdict, which her attorneys plan to appeal.

Arias maintains that she was abused by Alexander, and contends that she killed him in self-defense. However, she said she regrets what happened.

“I don’t believe Travis deserved to die,’’ she said. “I do have memory gaps, and I wish that I could take back everything that happened. If I could take it back, I would do that in a second.”

At times during her trial, Arias says, she was suicidal. “I've hurt a lot of people,’’ she said. “And I think I’ll be doing everyone a favor (by committing suicide).”

But whenever her thoughts have turned to suicide, one aspect of her life has brought her back to wanting to live.

“Every time I’ve had the thought or desire to commit suicide, there’s one element that almost always causes me to waver,’’ she said in court. “They’re my family.”

On Tuesday, Arias showed jurors her baby pictures, shared childhood memories, and displayed her artwork as she begged them to spare her the death penalty. She said wants to give back to society by teaching inmates to read and speak Spanish, in addition to selling T-shirts with a “Survivor” logo she designed to raise proceeds for nonprofit organizations that assist victims of domestic violence.

But, Alvear asked her, what about people who feel that the only way for Travis Alexander to get justice is for Arias to get the death penalty?

"That's not justice," Arias replied. "That's revenge."

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video.)

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 am

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 1 m
Talking with @bskoloff about his quaint sit down interview with #JodiArias last night now. He has a nice pic of her, she has salmon socks on

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
It's a very salmony day from what I have seen so far. Even @reporterjmiguel is rocking a sweet salmon shirt.

Jurors are expected to resume deliberations at 10am PDT. @bethkaras has on a sweet two piece bright salmon outfit on . Jenkasaurus does too.

I am in the hallway at the #JodiArias. Just saw the thinker juror walk in. Willmott is here in dark gray suit talking to Grace Wong.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Jury asked for the definition of "Life" in prison.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Ut oh, that's not good news, is it?

I'm watching HLN this morning and they showed part of the interview STABBY did with that FOX guy that did her first interview. He asked her hard questions, like "So will you ever tell us the truth about what happened in that bathroom?" and she got all angry at him and said "I did tell the truth on the stand. I didn't know you were a hater!"

They're showing family going into the court house now, does that mean they've reached a decision?
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Normal Life on death row: A look at what Jodi Arias awaits if given death penalty

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 1:38 pm

No decision yet.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Transcript for Jodi Arias Feels 'Betrayed' By Jury/ VIDEO ON LINK

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

|
|

Let's get right to our interview with jodi arias. Just hours after pleading for her life in front of the jury she spoke with abc's ryan owens who joins us now from phoenix. You've been covering this trial from the beginning and now you had a chance to talk to her.
Good morning, ryan. Reporter: Good morning to you, robin. You're right.
We sat down with her for almost an hour last night. She was worried about her hair. She was worried about her makeup and especially about her wardrobe.
She did not want anyone to see the stripes they make her wear in jail much the one thing she didn't seem to be worried about is the very real possibility she could be sentenced to death as soon as later today. To this day I can hardly believe I was capable of such violence. Reporter: Even though jodi arias repeatedly said she'd rather die than spend her life in prison, when it really counted, the convicted killer changed her tune.
She claims to spare her family. I thought I'd rather die, but I can't in good conscience ask you to sentence me to death because of them. Reporter: Just hours after her final plea for mercy we found out the 32-year-old wasn't done talking.
She sat down with me for a 40-minute jailhouse interview tuesday night. I started with that statement to the jury and the words she didn't say to travis alexander's family. Why didn't you apologize to them?
I did apologize to them. You never said "i'm sorry. " I said that I'm sorry.
That I'll never be able to make up for what I did and I can never replace their loss. But you didn't use the word I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't say that because certainly I am sorry.
I think in a sense the words "i'm sorry" just seems meaningless, especially since nobody believes what I'm saying anyway. You said it right there. No one believes a word out of your mouth.
Why do you keep talking? Well, because I know that I'm not just -- I've lied before. That doesn't mean I'm a liar by definition, by character.
What do you think of this jury? It's pretty clear they don't think too much of you. I wonder what you think of them.
I don't know. I feel -- I feel a little betrayed by them. I don't dislike them.
I just was really hoping that they would see things for what they are and I don't feel that they did. To a lot of people they think this switch from I want to die to now I want to live is just another lie from jodi arias. Well, I don't know what that means.
Was I lying when I said I want to die or was I lying when i said please spare my life, you know. Whatever happens, I'm just going to take it and deal with it. You said today you want to give avis' family closure.
You know they want you dead so why don't you give them that closure? Well, what do you mean by that? Why don't I kill myself?
No, why don't you accept the fate of the death penalty if you know that's what they want if you truly care about their closure? Well, I've caused them a lot of pain. I've caused my family a lot of pain and I think that by asking for death I'm only going to cause more pain to my family.
If you were on that jury and you had heard what they have heard, would you kill you? I don't believe in capital punishment so the answer would be no. For now arias is sticking by that story the jury didn't buy, that she's an abused woman who killed in self-defense when alexander lunged at her from his shower.
So you really are never going to tell the truth about what went down in that bathroom. I don't know what you mean by that because I've told the truth. Okay.
I didn't know you were a hater when you came to interview me. And that was about as angry as arias got. She stayed composed without if not occasionally smug.
A lot has been made about your appearance and change in appearance. Was going from blond bombshell to sort of a mousey church librarian look in court, was that a defense strategy? Was that your idea.
No, they don't sell clairol hair dye in jail. There was more than that. The glasses, overall, the demeanor is very different from the person you were before the crime.
This is a court of law. It's not a place to go and act crazy or -- I don't know if i should use that term. It's not a place to go and let loose.
It's a court of law. So you might ask why she gave an interview now especially to someone she called a hater, well, the fact is she may not have had much choice. If she is sentenced to death they will move her to death row almost immediately.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video.)

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 1 min
The jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision. #JodiArias

Judge Stephens is offering up some advice on how they can come to a unanimous decision. #JodiArias

Judge is dismissing the jury to continue their deliberations. #JodiArias

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

oh crap, hung jury?? That means we'd have to suffer through a whole other penalty phase?
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Judge sent jury back to jury room. Just read this on HLN.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 22, 2013 2:03 pm

If they cannot come to unanimous verdict a second jury wil l have to be picked!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm

So that means the jury is back to deliberate and try to come up with a unanimous decision. More hwaiting. Almost lunch time! #JodiArias

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

|
|

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

raine1953 wrote:If they cannot come to unanimous verdict a second jury wil l have to be picked!
From the get go? Like in another trial? OR, will they be called to decide if she is guilty or not guilty OR just the penalty phase? They would have to hear all the evidence. And, who hasn't heard all the evidence? I cannot fathom them finding 18 peeps that don't know this case, especially in Maricopa County, inside and out. I hope THIS jury can come to a decision. I am beginning to think she w/get LWOP. Am Thrilled she will NOT be able to be an 'event planner' or do anything. She w/have to pay $300 for a TV? OMG!!

BTW, I embedded The Today Show and Goodmorning America videos.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 pm

WTH? It's almost 3:30 there. What does this mean?

1) Will they stop deliberating at 4:30?
2) Will they deliberate Friday? W/they deliberate over the holiday weekend?
3) How LONG w/the judge allow this if they cannot come back with a unified decision?
4) Will they have to go through jury selection yet again? Have a mini trial even though she is STILL found guilty? Will impact statements be re-done? Will Wilma and Nurmi still be their attorneys?

I could go on and on w/the questions.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Stripes

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
Liked · 16 minutes ago

One of Arias' stipulations for giving interviews yesterday was that she not be shown with stripes and shackles.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal What if the Jodi Arias jury remains deadlocked on death sentence?

Post by raine1953 on Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 pm

PHOENIX -- Judge Sherry Stephens sent the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial back to the deliberating room after they said they were not able to come to a unanimous decision about Arias' fate.
In Arizona, only a jury can impose the death penalty and their verdict must be unanimous.
Stephens offered the jury some suggestions in an effort to help them come to a consensus.
If the jury, the same eight men and five women who convicted Arias of first-degree murder and then found her eligible for the death penalty, remains deadlocked, a second jury will be brought in and the penalty phase will be repeated.
Neither first-degree murder conviction nor Arias' eligibility for the death penalty will change. The new jury will deal strictly with sentencing Arias.
"It will be a long process because it will be assumed that the new jury hasn't heard any of the testimony from the actual trial," explained criminal attorney Brent Kleinman.
If the new jury cannot come up with a unanimous decision regarding Arias' sentence, execution will be taken off the table and it will be up to Stephens to decide whether to sentence Arias to life or natural life.
All of this is laid out in Arizona's Criminal Code.
"At the penalty phase, if the trier of fact is a jury and the jury is unable to reach a verdict, the court shall dismiss the jury and shall impanel a new jury," reads A.R.S. § 13-752 K. "The new jury shall not retry the issue of the defendant's guilt or the issue regarding any of the aggravating circumstances that the first jury found by unanimous verdict to be proved or not proved. If the new jury is unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the court shall impose a sentence of life or natural life on the defendant."
In another scenario, prosecutor Juan Martinez can go to County Attorney Bill Montgomery and ask that the death penalty be taken off the table. In that case, no new jury would be impaneled and sentencing would be scheduled for a later date. At that time, Stephens would sentence Arias to either natural life or life.
The difference between a sentence of life and natural life is the possibility of parole or work release.
"A defendant who is sentenced to natural life is not eligible for commutation, parole, work furlough, work release or release from confinement on any basis," reads A.R.S. § 13-751 A1.
Right now, though, it's still a question of life or death for Arias.
"At this point, there is nothing for us to do -- the jury is still out," said Jerry Cobb, the public information officer for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in and email to 3TV Wednesday afternoon. "If they are unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the State can choose to retry the penalty phase of the case with a newly impaneled jury…or not, in which case the judge will impose a sentence of natural life, or life with the possibility of release after 25 years.
If a jury, either the current one or a new one, sentences Arias to death, her case will be automatically sent to the Arizona Supreme Court for review, per A.R.S. § 13-755.
"The supreme court shall review all death sentences," the statute reads "On review, the supreme court shall independently review the trial court's findings of aggravation and mitigation and the propriety of the death sentence."
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm

The striped jail wear is actually cuter than that fugly thrift store sweater. lol

Wrap, they said on HLN that the verdict would stand if they can't decide, both the heinous nature and qualifying for DP - but they would have to find a whole new jury and explain the whole case to them, and re-present their arguments.

Also, (Joey Jackson said) there are things that couldn't be used this time around. For instance, Darryl didn't testify during the penalty phase, so the defense could no longer say "just recall Darryl's earlier testimony" because they never heard it. It's just the penalty phase part that gets redone. And it wouldn't start right away either. They'd need to find time on the court calendar, so it could drag on until Fall. How horrible for Travis's family.
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
A message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:12 pm

If the jury, the same eight men and five women who convicted Arias of first-degree murder and then found her eligible for the death penalty, remains deadlocked, a second jury will be brought in and the penalty phase will be repeated.
Send in the 3 alternate juror's. They know this case like the back of Hodi's hand/finger. Isn't that's what they are for? WTF
In another scenario, prosecutor Juan Martinez can go to County Attorney Bill Montgomery and ask that the death penalty be taken off the table. In that case, no new jury would be impaneled and sentencing would be scheduled for a later date. At that time, Stephens would sentence Arias to either natural life or life.
I do not believe for one split second that Juan w/go anywhere asking anyone to take the DP off the table.
"If they are unable to reach a unanimous verdict, the State can choose to retry the penalty phase of the case with a newly impaneled jury…or not, in which case the judge will impose a sentence of natural life, or life with the possibility of release after 25 years.
IOW, instead of bringing in a new jury, Stephens CAN then say..OK, I am going to intervene and give her natural life or life of 25 years (for example) ~ correct?

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm

I really detest the word CONTEMPORANEOUS.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Interview on this link

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Jodi Arias on Tuesday made a statement to the jury , a group of men and women who will soon decide whether she gets a life sentence or execution in the death of her one-time lover.
Arias sat down with ABC15's Amy Murphy on Tuesday night, just hours after jurors began deliberating, to speak out about the trial, her feelings about Travis Alexander's death and whether she wants to live or die.
Read a raw transcript of our questions and Arias' answers below.
How do you feel about the jury coming back with a guilty verdict?
Arias: I was shocked by the first verdict. Shell shocked. I didn’t expect to walk away but I did not think it would be first degree.
How do you think your attorneys handled the case?
I think they fought very hard. They fought like hell.
What are your thoughts on Prosecutor Juan Martinez?
It’s complicated.
Why did you say you wanted the death penalty and then change your mind?
My cousin convinced me. The way she said it. She said regardless of what happens, there's still a lot of hope and a lot of things that can be done and don't do that to your mom.
We could know Wednesday what the jury's decision is. Are you ready mentally, emotionally to meet your maker if that is their decision?
Well I'm ready to meet my maker, if that time should come, but if that's their decision it would drag on for years and years so its not really contemporaneous.
You must know all of America sits in judgment of Jodi Arias and you really have been deemed the most hated woman in America, how does that make you feel?
I didn’t know that. Actually, I feel a lot of love and support from people who write in, and believe me, and want to help me and be there for me. I just received an outpouring of support, so that doesn't reach me.
Samantha Alexander said, 'We will never get those images of our brother's neck being slit out of our minds.' How have you gotten it out of your mind?
It is not out of my mind, but mostly I avoid looking at it, but it is there and I’ve seen it.
How do you go on living with that?
I think it's suppressed a lot of times, and I think it comes out in nightmares. I've been told I scream and cry in my sleep and several times I’ve woken myself up screaming.
I don't have memories of the nightmares, so I'm not sure what I'm dreaming about.
Arias also said it was her defense team's decision not to have her mother talk. Her mother had written a letter and her father was “fired up” to talk. She said she made a record of that with the court in sealed proceedings.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I kept hearing strange noises w/my earbuds on and wondered what it was..thought it was something in my house. Figured out it's her shackles moving around.

There are so many comments I could make on this video but they basically speak for themselves. I Really like this reporter..liked her questions. Hodi is so FOS. One more comment re: "support mail". She says she gets hundreds of postcards saying how wonderful she is. Would bet she gets 10 times the "hate mail" so when she says she isn't really aware that she is hated is a big Crock!

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added video.)

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 pm

samgoodwin wrote:The striped jail wear is actually cuter than that fugly thrift store sweater. lol

Wrap, they said on HLN that the verdict would stand if they can't decide, both the heinous nature and qualifying for DP - but they would have to find a whole new jury and explain the whole case to them, and re-present their arguments.

Also, (Joey Jackson said) there are things that couldn't be used this time around. For instance, Darryl didn't testify during the penalty phase, so the defense could no longer say "just recall Darryl's earlier testimony" because they never heard it. It's just the penalty phase part that gets redone. And it wouldn't start right away either. They'd need to find time on the court calendar, so it could drag on until Fall. How horrible for Travis's family.
I may not think Judge Stephens is a 'Belvin Perry' but I simply cannot see her putting Travis' family through this yet again. Even if it's just the penalty phase. I think that Judge Stephens thinks Hodi is FOS and guilty and should get the DP. I think IF this jury cannot reach a verdict by who knows when (especially w/the holiday weekend upon us) she will give Hodi LWOP. my 2 cents

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

The striped jail wear is actually cuter than that fugly thrift store sweater.
I thought the same thing! She did not want to be filmed w/them showing but oh well..wonder if she signed something saying they won't be shown and not that they have, she w/raise hell. I put nothing past her.

It's almost 4:30 there so will they work Friday? I hope so!!

A few other things: Hodi said that was her natural hair color. I loved the ABC journalist and his remarks. Her hair looks DARKER in this interview. She lied about the die. In more ways than one!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Nama wrote:I really detest the word CONTEMPORANEOUS.
Agree!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Per JVM. Jury has wrapped up. Looks like they WILL deliberate tomorrow????? If they don't come to a decision, will they deliberate Monday or w/Stephens throw in the towel?

I bet Hodi is giggling and talking to herself. "Hodi, you are one sly bitch." my 2 cents crap

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed May 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Has anyone heard if Donovan is back in jail? Or if she was just told by her probation officer to stay out of court? I kind of hope she's jailed too - that might slow down the tweets.
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 6:39 pm

This is a LONG interview! (linked above also)

Last edited by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin on Wed May 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Per JVM. Jury has wrapped up. Looks like they WILL deliberate tomorrow????? If they don't come to a decision, will they deliberate Monday or w/Stephens throw in the towel?

I bet Hodi is giggling and talking to herself. "Hodi, you are one sly bitch." my 2 cents crap

They showed her giggling and laughing in court today before the juror note was read. And she was flirting with the bailiff! Hopefully she won't be doing more interviews tonight. Tomorrow is Thursday, so yes, they should deliberate tomorrow. Not sure if they will on Friday. And Monday is the holiday - so no court then.
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm

by samgoodwin Today at 4:36 pm
Has anyone heard if Donovan is back in jail? Or if she was just told by her probation officer to stay out of court? I kind of hope she's jailed too - that might slow down the tweets.
Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias
"Never trust a reporter who has a nice smile." - William Rauch

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias
"We love those who know the worst of us and don't turn their faces away." - Walker Percy

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 7:33 pm

RobynD323 @robynd323
22nd May 2013 from TwitLonger

A message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

Please RT @Justice4TravisA
A message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. #josiarias Copied from a FaceBook Post orginal link.https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/479496542126493

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

I think the jury needs to be informed that she will NOT be in a position to teach sign language/Spanish/recycle/start a book club or do anything but sit and sit and sit. Alone! I am wondering if the "hold up" is b/c some of the juror's believe she Will be an asset in the clink. my 2 cents

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias Deliberations - Part 1 - Additional Instructions

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 22, 2013 7:36 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum