Breaking ~ Mass Shooting in California...Elliot Rodger, whose parents are in the entertainment industry kills 6 and himself.

Go down

Normal Breaking ~ Mass Shooting in California...Elliot Rodger, whose parents are in the entertainment industry kills 6 and himself.

Post by Wrapitup on Sat May 24, 2014 7:24 pm

much more here at this link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat May 24, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Breaking ~ Mass Shooting in California...Elliot Rodger, whose parents are in the entertainment industry kills 6 and himself.

Post by Wrapitup on Sat May 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Woodland Hills, California (CNN) -- In the aftermath of a deadly rampage in a Southern California college town, investigators want to know two things: Who was the man behind the gun, and why did he kill six people and wound 11 others?

Authorities have not released the identity of the man, who they say died from a gunshot wound to the head following a shootout with police during the rampage in Isla Vista, near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

But based on what police have told the family of 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, the parents believe he is the man behind the shootings, attorney Alan Shifman, the family spokesman, told reporters on Saturday.
As police piece together the gunman's path through the coastal college community, a neighborhood west of Santa Barbara, a portrait is emerging of a disturbed young man desperate for friends and companionship.

In a chilling YouTube video (above) believed to have been posted by Rodger in the hours before the killings, he rants for nearly seven minutes against women who he says rejected him and popular kids who ignored him.

"Tomorrow is the day of retribution. The day in which I will have my revenge against humanity, against all of you," he said.
"For the past eight years of my life, ever since I hit puberty, I've been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires all because girls have never been attracted to me."

It's in that video, where he lays out a plan to kill blond sorority girls and states "now I will be a god compared to you."

Mass killing all too familiar in scenic college town of Isla Vista
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman says investigators are analyzing writings and videos that suggest the rampage was "a premeditated mass murder," but stopped short of identifying whether Rodger's YouTube was one.
Rodger's family contacted police in the weeks before the rampage because they were concerned about his mental well-being after discovering social media posts about suicide and killing people, Shifman told reporters. Authorities, who interviewed Rodger, described him as "polite" and "kind," he said.
In a number of social media posts, Rodgers portrayed himself of a well-off young man who drove a black BMW Series 3 Coupe, traveled the world and attended college at Santa Barbara City College.
"I consider myself a sophisticated, polite gentleman, unlike most boys my age," according to a statement posted on "Elliot Rodger's Official Blog."
"... I enjoy hiking, exercising, watching sunsets, traveling, cars, fashion, going to nice restaurants, and going to parties."
CNN cannot confirm the authenticity of the social media posts.

By Rodger's own purported account on the blog, he claims to have been born in the United Kingdom before moving to the United States at the age of 5.
He was raised in the shadow of Hollywood, in the affluent Los Angeles suburb of Woodland Hills, by his father -- a commercial photographer and sometimes director -- and his stepmother, an actress who appeared alongside Matt Damon in "The Green Zone'' and Gerard Butler in "Playing for Keeps."
Pictures posted on Rodger's Facebook page show him with his father, Peter, on the red carpet at the premiere of the 2012 film "The Hunger Games."
Peter Rodger briefly worked as a second unit assistant director on the film, according to a spokeswoman with Lionsgate Entertainment, the company behind "The Hunger Games" movie franchise.
But it's also in these writings and videos posted on social media, where Rodger rails against life in Isla Vista.
"I have tried very hard to fit in with the social scene there, but I have ultimately been unable to do so. There are too many obnoxious people who have ruined my whole experience at that place," according to a statement posted on the blog.

much more here:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Elliot Rodger, Santa Barbara mass shooting suspect, "My Twisted World" manifesto

Post by Nama on Sat May 24, 2014 10:26 pm

140 page Manifesto - My Twisted Life

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Breaking ~ Mass Shooting in California...Elliot Rodger, whose parents are in the entertainment industry kills 6 and himself.

Post by NiteSpinR on Sun May 25, 2014 12:04 am

I just finished reading the manifesto,
save your time and just skip to the end...

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 pm

WOW!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Timeline Of Murder Spree In Isla Vista

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon May 26, 2014 5:41 pm

1The rampage began with the stabbing deaths of three people in the apartment that Rodger rented, inside a two-story courtyard building on Seville Road fronted by palm trees.

All three victims were UCSB students, and at least two of them -- 20-year-old Cheng Yuan Hong and 19-year-old George Chen, both from San Jose, Calif. -- lived in the apartment. Police weren't sure whether the third victim, Weihan Wang, 20, of Fremont, Calif., also lived in the apartment or was visiting.

After the stabbing spree in his home, police say Rodger drove five blocks to the Alpha Phi sorority house.

2 Residents at the Alpha Phi Sorority house heard loud aggressive knocking for 1-2 minutes but no one opened the door. The first 911 call was placed, at 9:27 p.m.

Rodger had left the door of the sorority house and within 20 paces encountered a group that included Veronika Weiss and Katherine Cooper. As witnesses inside Alphi Phi watched, Rodger shot and killed the two UCSB students; a third woman was shot multiple times but has survived.

3 Two blocks and three minutes later, at a deli on Pardall Road, the suspect exited the vehicle and fatally shot 20-year-old Christopher Martinez. Four foot patrol officers saw the suspect flee in the black BMW.

4 At the top of the area called "the loop," the suspect fired rounds at 2 people on the sidewalk.

5 He then turned south on el Embarcadero and east onto Del Playa. He brandished a gun at a woman there and then headed west on Del Playa. He began firing at a sheriff who was on foot. The deputy returned fire and the suspect continued west on Del Playa.

6 At the 6600 block of Del Playa he hit a bicyclist with his car.

7 At the intersection of Camino del Sur and Sabado Tarde, the suspect fired multiple times at pedestrians, three of whom were hit.

8 The suspect continued east on Sabado Tarde and shot another victim.

9 At 9:33 p.m. he continued east where he came into contact with 4 officers and he began firing at them. Three of the officers were able to return fire. The suspect was shot in the hip.

10 He turned onto el Embarcadero again, accelerated and struck another bicyclist. The cyclist flew onto the car and smashed the windshield of the BMW. The car collided with parked cars and stopped.

The deputies pulled him out of the car and handcuffed him. Rodger was dead with a gunshot wound to the head.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon May 26, 2014 5:52 pm

There were 13 others who were injured. Four were hit by a vehicle, eight were shot and one was being treated for injuries whose cause was unclear, authorities said.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Killer's Parents Frantically Searched For Their Son During His Killing Spree

Post by NiteSpinR on Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm

May 25, 2014

As Elliot Rodger was carrying out a deadly rampage Friday night around Santa Barbara, his parents were frantically trying to find him, having just received a chilling manifesto from their son.

Rodger, 22, sent a couple dozen people -- including his parents and at least one of his therapists -- the 140-page document via e-mail not long before the shootings began, Simon Astaire, a family friend, told CNN.

The manifesto is a lengthy chronicle detailing Rodger's frustrations with his height, his parents' divorce and rejection by women. It was obtained by the media on Saturday, but it was not known then that his family had seen the document before the rampage.

Rodger's mother, Lichin, who saw the e-mail at 9:17 p.m. PT, immediately went to Rodger's YouTube page, where he had been known to post videos about himself. According to Astaire, that's when Rodger's mother saw her son's latest video, called "Retribution," that he posted Friday, the day of the shootings.

In the video, Rodger outlined his plan of "slaughtering" women at a sorority house at the University of California at Santa Barbara.

His mother called Rodger's father, Peter, and said he had to watch the YouTube video. At the time, Peter Rodger had not yet seen the manifesto. Lichin Rodger called 911, and the parents set off for Santa Barbara from Los Angeles, according to Astaire. En route, they heard there was a shooting. Later that night, they found out their son was behind the violence.

Authorities say the killing rampage left six victims dead and 13 injured. It ended when Rodger slammed into a parked vehicle and apparently shot himself in the head, police said.

There had been warning signs that Rodgers was struggling with mental health.

His mother came across his YouTube videos in April after she hadn't heard from Rodger in a few days, Astaire said. She called one of his therapists, who then called a Santa Barbara mental health hotline. A woman on the hotline called police to check on him, Astaire said.

Six policemen showed up at his house in Isla Vista on April 30, but they found nothing alarming, so they told Rodger to call his mother and they reassured her that he was OK, according to Astaire. Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown told reporters Saturday that at the time, deputies "determined he did not meet the criteria for an involuntary hold."

Looking back, Rodger's parents now feel that the well-being check in April by police was a "pivotal moment," and his parents are frustrated, Astaire said. He described it as a "missed opportunity" to really find out what was going on with Rodger, but his parents admit that hindsight is always easy, Astaire said.

In fact, Elliot Rodger himself wrote in the manifesto that he worried that someone had discovered his plan when the police visited.

"I had the striking and devastating fear that someone had somehow discovered what I was planning to do, and reported me for it," he wrote. "If that was the case, the police would have searched my room, found all of my guns and weapons, along with my writings about what I plan to do with them. I would have been thrown in jail, denied of the chance to exact revenge on my enemies. I can't imagine a hell darker than that."

He continued: "If they had demanded to search my room ... That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over. When they left, the biggest wave of relief swept over me."

Brown told reporters that Rodger suffered from an undisclosed mental health issue and was under the care of a variety of health care professionals.

On Sunday, the sheriff defended the April welfare check, saying on CNN's "State of the Union with Candy Crowley" that getting involved in mental health cases is a "delicate balance."

"You want to certainly intervene and obviously try to prevent a tragedy such as we've experienced here. On the same token, you don't want to stigmatize people who are seeking treatment for mental illness and you don't want to prevent them from doing so because of the potential stigma that's attached," he said. "It's a double-edged sword in some respects."

Rodger had been seeing therapists on and off since he was 8, according to Astaire. He went to high school in Van Nuys, California, and met with a therapist "pretty much every day," Astaire said.

Before his death, Rodger was seeing two therapists, Astaire added. "(Rodger) has always been going to see someone," he said, describing him as "reserved to a daunting degree."

But Astaire said Rodger didn't seem to have violent tendencies.

In fact, there was no recent indication Rodger was growing increasingly distant or that his condition was deteriorating, Astaire added. Rodger's father said a week ago that Rodger seemed to be doing well "at the moment." On Thursday, he spoke to his father and said he was looking forward to seeing his family this weekend.

Astaire told CNN that Rodger never expressed any fascination with guns.

"Guns were never part of the dialogue," he said.

Inside Rodger's car Friday night police found three handguns -- all legally purchased -- and more than 400 rounds of unused ammunition.

Rodger passed the background check needed to buy the firearm used in the shooting, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN. The official said nothing had been found in the gun trace to indicate Rodger should have been disqualified.

Astaire also mentioned a feud that Rodger had had recently with his roommates, saying Rodger complained to his landlord that his roommates were too noisy and played lots of video games. Rodger suggested they move out but was told that couldn't happen.

"(His parents) were conscious and concerned about their son's health," Astaire said. "They thought he was in good hands."

But "in a moment of indescribable grief," he said, they are "of course asking themselves, 'Did we do as much as we can do?'"

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum