Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation

2 posters

Go down

HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation Empty HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Posted on June 13th, 2014 by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture

After 5 years in the news, the name HaLeigh Cummings is pretty well known, yet no one has come forward to explain what happened that night in February, 2009 to this precious child. All we know as facts are that the little girl just vanished in the middle of the night and has not been seen nor heard from since. Now we are not talking about a 25 year old adult here. At the time HaLeigh was only 5 years old so the chances of her deciding to just take off on her own are not even possible, but where is she?

I reported last night that the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office had received a petition requesting them to revisit HaLeigh’s case and start fresh with the investigation. They had over 1000 signatures on the petition. I don’t know if they are going to comply with the petition or not but it has been 5 years now since she disappeared and they have nothing.

Lots of people seemed to be halfway satisfied when HaLeigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy were all sent to prison on drug charges for a long time. In fact the case went kind of quiet ever since then.

OK I am no lawyer but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that drug charges are not murder or kidnapping charges, so how could having these kids sent to prison bring any justice to this case?

HaLeigh’s great-grandmother, Annette Sykes and her grandmother did what they could to keep HaLeigh’s name in the news, by remembering her on her birthday or by holding prayer vigils on the anniversary of her disappearance, hoping that one day someone would step up and say “Enough is enough! It is time to talk!” They were not looking for fame, all they want is for no one to forget HaLeigh. She is still out there somewhere and if her name stays out there then maybe someone will finally step forward with a tip that can help find her or at least let the family know what happened to her.

Now I read on news4jax.com that HaLeigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield has been arrested in Baker County Florida for violating her probation. Although the details of what happened have not been released from the authorities. They report that she had also been arrested in 2013 for petty theft, disorderly intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Also it was reported that Ronald Cummings was brought from prison to the Baker County Courthouse to appear in front of a judge for a custody hearing of HaLeigh’s little brother, Ronald Jr. According to family members news4jax.com says that Crystal lost custody of the boy but the Department of Children and Families would not confirm that.

This case has taken a toll on a lot of people. Some lives were torn apart. People were fighting online with each other and making it personal. One man, a private investigator, William “Cobra” Staubs almost lost his PI license over all this which is his only means of making a living. In fact he did lose it but had to really fight to get it back.

I hope and pray that if this case becomes in full bloom again that the fighting doesn’t start. I pray that the people will stick together to try and find out what actually happened to this precious child. We need to remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion and trust me I have seen a lot of theories out there about what went down. Personally I don’t agree with a lot of them, but that isn’t for me to say they are wrong. Until someone steps up and tells the truth, no one will know if any theory is true or not.

I beg of all of you to PLEASE keep HaLeigh in your prayers. Pray that she will find her way home one way or another. Enough is enough, it is time for her to come home.

Jan Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/134171

The entire family...on both sides..is a Train Wreck. Evidently, Crystal had to resort to stealing (according to the above article) and is on probation which she violated. I w/always believe that the reason HaLeigh "went missing" is due to a drugs. I do NOT think she is alive and no one will ever be arrested.  my 2 cents 
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation Empty Re: HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 am

I agree Wrap ! I don't think she will ever be found.
I truly believe her little body was given to the alligators where Misty took LE.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation Empty Re: HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 am

Yup..and Ron knows what happened. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation Empty Haleigh Cummings saga continues with new developments. Online petition to revisit case; Mother arrested in Baker County

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Author: Ashley Harding, General assignment reporter, aharding@wjxt.com
Published On: Aug 06 2014 07:44:23 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 13 2014 10:50:27 PM EDT  confused  HaLeigh Cummings Mother, Crystal Sheffield Arrested For Parole Violation 1661984022  confused  thinking 

BAKER COUNTY, Fla. -
Two major developments in the Haleigh Cummings saga have surfaced this week.

A petition, started through Change.org, has been circulating on the Internet, calling for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office to revisit the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, which made national headlines in 2009.

And Cummings' mother, Crystal Sheffield ), has been arrested in Baker County for violating her probation. The nature of Sheffield's parole violation has not been released by authorities.Crystal Sheffield Since late 2013, Sheffield has been arrested for petit theft, disorderly intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, was brought from prison to the Baker County Courthouse this week for a custody hearing for the pair's son, Ronald Jr., the brother of Haleigh Cummings.

Ronald Cummings was sentenced in 2011 to 15 years in prison for selling prescription drugs.

Sources told Channel 4 that as a result of the custody hearing, Sheffield lost custody of Ronald Jr. The Department of Children and Families will not confirm that information.

Haleigh Cummings' great grandmother, Annette Sykes (pictured below), spoke with Channel 4's Ashley Harding on Friday.

Annette Sykes "It's like someone just stole part of me,” Sykes said.

The front wall of Sykes' living room is covered with stuffed animals, cards and pictures. The words "Haleigh's Room" are pasted at the top.

"You tend to take things for granted, especially a child, because they're there,” Sykes said. “The things they do on a daily basis that you don't really pay any attention to until they're not there."

There have been no new developments in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance, but officials with the Sheriff's Office said they receive tips every month.

More than 1,000 signatures have been collected on an online petition calling for new attention to the case. Sykes said she doesn't blame the Sheriff's Office but said officials need to be more open with information.

"If they're doing things, they don't tell us,” Sykes said. “I mean, the least that you would think they would do is call us once in a while and say, 'We haven't forgotten about Haleigh.'"

Sykes said she believes someone knows exactly what happened but is just too afraid to come forward.

"You know, if they think that they're going to get in trouble or have to spend years in prison for knowing something, they're not going to tell,” Sykes said. “But if they're granted amnesty, they would tell, because then they wouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble."Haleigh Cummings memorial

In the meantime, Christmas presents and Easter baskets sit in "Haleigh's Room," waiting to be opened, and a grandmother waits for answers – a grandmother who still believes Haleigh is out there somewhere.

“I would love for people to continue to look for her,” Sykes said. “She's our little girl, and we love her and miss her. I know she misses us."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/haleigh-cummings-mom-arrested-in-baker-county/26481934

video above link.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down