JODI ARIAS SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR THE MURDER OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Jury at impasse in Arias case; judge says keep going

Post by NiteSpinR on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Un-Freaken-Believable!

Jurors weighing a death sentence for Jodi Arias have reached an impasse, a Maricopa County Superior Court judge said Tuesday, before giving them a special instruction in an effort to resolve the case.

Judge Sherry Stephens delivered the impasse instruction on Tuesday afternoon after more than 19 hours of deliberations on Arias’ fate. The instruction orders jurors to try to reach a verdict, if possible, or to tell the judge that additional deliberation would not be helpful.

The impasse instruction, according to the State Bar of Arizona, is delivered to juries after a judge determines they have reached an impasse and are in “apparent need of help.”

The instruction tells jurors that attorneys for both sides and the judge are in a position to help them navigate the nitty-gritty legal issues, but is not meant to coerce them into reaching a verdict.

“During your deliberations, you should not hesitate to reexamine your own views and change your opinion if you become convinced that it is wrong,” the instruction says, according to the wording provided by the state bar. “However, you should not change your belief concerning the weight or effect of the evidence solely because of the opinions of your fellow jurors, or for the mere purpose of returning a verdict.”

If jurors still can’t reach a verdict, they may submit a list of written questions to the bailiff, and the judge and attorneys will try to answer them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: JODI ARIAS SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR THE MURDER OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER

Post by NiteSpinR on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:27 pm

From my perspective: We've covered many cases where the defendant's both deserved and received the Death Penalty and many who deserved it and escaped with a life sentence instead.
If I knew nothing about Travis or Jodi and was basing my decision on the photographs of Travis' slaughtered body alone, I would say that the person who inflicted that brutality deserved to die also.
I've read the list of mitigating factors over and over and nothing listed there would change my mind.

1. Arias has no prior criminal history. She does have a history of behaving in a criminal manor but was never legally charged.
2. Arias was just 27 years old at the time she killed Travis Alexander. She was an adult
3. Arias is remorseful. This comes from her legal counsel attempting to save her life. Jodi has been too busy blaming Travis to take any sort of responsibility let alone feel remorseful about it.
4. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child. Being disciplined for bad behavior as a child is not abuse. No one besides Jodi has ever stepped forward to say these allegations are true. (Mother, Father, Brother, Aunt, Grandparent, Teachers etc.)
5. Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Travis Alexander. Again only Jodi's word for this and no proof to back up her story.
6. The abusive nature of Arias' relationship with Travis Alexander caused her to suffer extreme emotional distress. Before Stabby went on trial, she had nothing but loving praise to say about Travis. Her distress came when Travis became alarmed by her erratic behavior and the fact that he truly wanted to move on. She was a woman scorned that is NOT a mitigating factor!
7. Arias has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. A diagnosis based on lies. If in fact she does suffer from PTSD it came over her after she slaughtered Travis.
8. Arias has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Millions of people suffer from BPD who manage to conduct their lives without committing murder.
9. Arias' psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Alexander. The only thing tumultuous about the relationship was Travis' decision to no longer tolerate her. She did behave in a similar fashion in her other relationships (confronting, stalking, spying, etc) The difference in those relationships and the one she had with Travis was that she continued to make herself sexually available to him.

As far as this jury is concerned... they don't know all the facts and that's probably why they're hung at this point.
My prediction is~ they will not come to a unanimous decision. They'll rest easily putting Stabby's fate in the hands of Judge Stephens.
That somewhat worries me because Stephens has seemed to rule in the defense's favor over and over throughout both trials and given that record of behavior I wouldn't be surprised if she gives Arias the possibility of parole.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: JODI ARIAS SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR THE MURDER OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 am

All Very good points, Nite!

If the jury were convinced she deserved the death penalty I doubt it would be taking them this long to deliberate. All this money spent to re-try her is beyond ridiculous. Judge Stephens should have made the decision after the first hung jury. Travis' family has had to endure all of this twice, millions have been spent, it's all bs!

At this point, I think it's going to be another "hung jury" and Stephens will then be forced to make the decision. Just hoping she (Stephens) renders the DP.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Jury spent the day (Wednesday 3/4/15) deliberating. No verdict yet.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias jury deliberation continues Thursday

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 pm

March 4, 2015

The jury in the Jodi Arias sentencing retrial will deliberate for another day. Against expectations, the jury deliberated all day Wednesday without coming to a decision.

Judge Sherry Stephens gave the jury instructions to break a deadlock on Tuesday, leading many to speculate that deliberations would end in a hung jury on Wednesday. Instead, the jury worked all day without taking a lunch break and left at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The decision was given to the second jury in this case shortly before noon on Wednesday, Feb. 25.

If the jury cannot reach a decision, Judge Stephens will impose a sentence of life in prison. She would have to decide between natural life and life with the possibility of release after 25 years.

Court officials say in the case of a hung jury, Arias is entitled to submit sentencing briefs. Those must be filed within 30 days, and Judge Stephens has 45 days to decide on a sentence and schedule a hearing.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Arias verdict reached; will be read at 9:30 a.m.

Post by Nama on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 am

8:46 AM
PHOENIX (KGUN9-TV) - Jurors in the Jodi Arias resentencing trial have reached a verdict, which the judge will read at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

Arias was convicted of murder in 2013 for the murder of on-again, off-again boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Jurors have decided whether to sentence Arias to life in prison or the death penalty.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 am

I thought Judge Stephens could still make a decision for the DP.

Hope this jury got it right but have doubts.

At least NOW, we'll get to see this LIVE. And be able to see the entire 2nd trial rabbit if we want.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am

Nama wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you, Nama!!

Nancy Grace on HLN as I type.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:25 am

"Nance" saying the jury has reached a VERDICT. Apparently that word wasn't used in the first trial. Personally, I don't care anymore as long as she's locked up for life.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:39 am

Stephens is on the bench and has called all the lawyers up.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am

Judge has called all lawyers to the bench. Just found out what "white noise" sounds like thanks to "Nance".

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:41 am

LMAO Nite. We're on the same page. Literally.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 am

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2
TA family leaves courtroom for victim's room. They all look so damn sad.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 am

#jodiarias has not been brought in yet. 4 minutes ago

Sidebar over #TravisAlexander family leaving with Juan. 3 minutes ago

And now the defense team goes in a room at the back of court. 2 minutes ago

court chatter tweets

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:49 am

Local channels are reporting a 10 minute delay
Judge Stephens takes the bench and announces, we are waiting for the alternate jurors to arrive.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:53 am

Judge is off the bench
members of the public are being let into the courtroom

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks, Nite!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

Jodi's mom is in the CR

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 am

FGS, Nance is so damned dramatic!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 am

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ
Sandy is emotional right now #jodiarias #3tvarias
Retweeted by Cathy
--------------
Hopefully that means the jury gave her the DP!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:01 am

Alternates jurors have arrived.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:01 am

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2
#JodiArias is here and has her glasses on the end of her nose.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:04 am

Here we go!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:05 am

OMG HUNG!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 am

A MISTRIAL!!!!!! Unbelievable!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 am

Horrible!! Travis' family is in tears.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:08 am

Sentencing April 13.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:09 am

I hope some of the jury members discuss WHY they could not give her the DP.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 am

All the money spent on these 2 trials is ridiculous!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Jodi Arias Trial: Judge Declares a Mistrial After Hung Jury

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:17 am

Mar 5, 2015, 11:01 AM ET
By MEGHAN KENEALLY

The jury could not reach an unanimous verdict in the sentencing of convicted killer Jodi Arias and the judge declared a mistrial.

The verdict, released today, comes after a second jury considered her case because the first jury, which convicted her of murder two years ago, could not agree on whether to sentence her to death.

Arias was found guilty in May 2013 for killing her on-off boyfriend Travis Alexander after a lengthy trial.

Her first case gained national attention as the testimony was live-streamed and she shared extensive, explicit details about her alleged sexual encounters with Alexander that led up to her stabbing him multiple times in the shower at his Arizona home in 2008.

The trial jury found her guilty of first-degree murder but deadlocked on whether to sentence her to life in prison or death.

A second jury, which was handed the case on Feb. 25, was called in for the penalty retrial with cameras prohibited after the spectacle of the first. The judge has ruled that the announcement of the decision will be televised, however.

Another difference from the first trial came in the form of Arias' participation, or lack thereof. The now-34-year-old photographer testified for 18 days during the first trial but she never took the stand in her retrial.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 am

Someone please send Nancy Grace out for Chinese food or something. I can't listen to her anymore. Gonna change the station!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 am

Simply stunned and feeling so sorry for Travis' poor family.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:24 am

Nama wrote:Someone please send Nancy Grace out for Chinese food or something.  I can't listen to her anymore.  Gonna change the station!
My thoughts exactly!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

NiteSpinR wrote:Simply stunned and feeling so sorry for Travis' poor family.
Wish I could say I am stunned. Am not. Just a huge waste

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:32 pm

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
15 mins ·
Arizona County Attorney confirmed 11-1 split. [11 in favour of death.]
‪#‎JodiArias‬

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 pm

So many feelings and opinions posted after the jury's deadlock notice.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Police are guarding home of juror #17

Post by Nama on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Troy Hayden
Troyhaydenfox10:

Police are guarding home of juror #17, the lone holdout in #JodiArias sentencing, due to threats from public. She refused to vote death.

Lots of interesting comments......some say that the juror's husband is a friend of someone in the Arias family.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Husband of the 'hold out juror"

Post by Nama on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Video and transcript of interview with husband of juror #17.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:25 am

Jason Suchta is #Juror17 Husband #2. #1 Husband is SANTINO ALEJANDRO = Was Prosecuted by Juan Martinez in 2000. BOTH ARE FELONS #JODIARIAS

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Picture of juror and husband, SANTINO ALEJANDRO, on link

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:28 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:59 am

Wow, wow and WOW!

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:07 am

And WOW!!!

She watched the movie on Lifetime. That in itself should have been enough to keep her off the jury. Am wondering if she admitted that during jury selection. We will never really know if she had a hidden agenda from the get-go. I think it's ridiculous that people are threatening her. Evidently she was smart enough to convince both the prosecution and defense she was fit to be on the jury. It's a done deal now. I do think Judge Stephens will give her life with no parole. If she doesn't, the shit is really going to hit the fan.

Tried to watch Nancy Grace last night because she had juror #4 on but could only watch about 10 min of it due to Nancy continually showing a pic of Tanisha sobbing and showing the bloody photos over and over again. Watched Dr. Drew. I have to agree with Mark Eiglarsh. This is what he had to say:

MARCH 5, 2015
Making Sense of the Jodi Arias Hung Jury Verdict
by Mark Eiglarsh
Share  Tweet this Post  Share on Facebook  Share on LinkedIn  Share on Google+
INITIAL THOUGHTS

I know a lot of people are angry right now. To hear that Jodi Arias won’t be going to death row because of one lone juror (who I’ll call “Juror 12″) is too much for many to handle. Many on social media have suggested that, “There is no justice,” and numerous folks are even calling for the entire criminal justice system to be revamped. Some have even called for the judge to be prosecuted. The madness must stop. For those who want to stay angry and frustrated at the system, then stop reading now. This article is solely for those who are willing to set aside emotion for a moment and are open to another point of view. More popular would be for me to keep these thoughts to myself. I cannot.

First, let me make clear that how I feel about the verdict is irrelevant to what I have to say in this article. I may believe passionately that Jodi should be on death row. I also may believe that life without parole is an appropriate sentence. What I am about to share has nothing to do with what I believe should happen to Jodi Arias.

Let’s start with potential juror misconduct. If there’s proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the lone hold out juror lied when she swore under oath during jury selection that she could impose the death penalty under the right circumstances when she really couldn’t, then she should be prosecuted. Additionally, if there’s proof beyond a reasonable doubt that she intentionally engaged in juror misconduct, then she should be prosecuted for that as well. That’s been my position towards all jurors who engage in misconduct, not just this one. As a trial lawyer for over two decades, having prosecuting and now defending criminal cases, I am especially passionate about the jury process being fair and free of misconduct.

After carefully listening to the post verdict press conference featuring all 11 jurors who voted for death, there’s a strong argument to be made that the lone juror did not commit any misconduct. Keep in mind that Juror 12 was not present at the press conference and thus, we didn’t hear her side of things. In the interest of fairness, I wanted to present what might have been her response to some of the allegations.

Allegation #1: “She had her mind made up before the evidence was presented.” That may be true. If so, that’s unfortunate and improper. What may also be true is that, just like all the other jurors, she kept an open mind throughout the trial. Naturally, she formed a strong opinion as to whether Jodi should live or die after hearing all the evidence. She first articulated that opinion to her fellow jurors some time after jury deliberations began. As we learned at the post trial press conference, several other jurors felt the same way she did when the initial vote was taken. Little by little, the other jurors who shared her opinion went to the other side. She was the lone hold out. It’s very possible that because she was so entrenched in her position, which is her right, that jurors felt that she had made up her mind before all the evidence was in. That’s very different than whether she actually did. Only she knows.

Allegation #2: “She wouldn’t participate at all in deliberations.” We know that isn’t true. Her fellow jurors revealed during the press conference that she did share a number of things during deliberations. In fact, they were able to provide the reasons that she gave as to why she didn’t want to impose death. They didn’t speculate as to what those reasons were. Rather, those reasons actually flowed from her lips during deliberations. It’s possible that she began to speak less when she felt that what she had to share was either not being embraced by the others and/or felt like she was being criticized and judged. It’s not uncommon for people to shut down to some extent when they feel like they are being attacked. No, I wasn’t in the jury room. However, I am very familiar with how human beings under these stressful circumstances often react. I can only imagine how heated things got in that room. All those hours of eleven vs. one would have led most people to eventually contribute less and/or shut down.

Allegation #3: “She committed jury misconduct by watching the Lifetime movie about Jodi Arias and then shared it with fellow jurors.” If she lied to the attorneys during jury selection by saying she had never seen the Lifetime movie when in fact she did, then she should be prosecuted. If, however, she wasn’t asked, or was asked and said that she could set it aside and base her decision on the evidence, then she did nothing improper. Her alleged comment, that the way Jodi was portrayed in the movie (“like a monster”) was different then how she found her in court, was simply one of many of her opinions. She may have been attempting to convey that the evidence presented in mitigation showed her in a vastly different light than the movie. While it shouldn’t have been brought up because the movie wasn’t in evidence, it didn’t adversely affect the deliberations. No juror stated that she offered that during deliberations as the reason she voted against death. Also, her statement concerning the movie didn’t influence any of the other jurors. It’s possible that the 11 jurors used her movie reference as a way to get her out of the jury room so that an alternate would take her place. Bringing in an alternate would most likely have assisted the jurors in securing the death penalty verdict they obviously were eagerly seeking.

Allegation #4: “She was just being stubborn and wasn’t following the law.” The jurors’ obligation was to determine if the aggravating circumstances in favor of the death penalty presented by the prosecution outweighed the mitigating circumstances against death, presented by the defense. There’s no sufficient evidence to suggest that the hold out juror didn’t weigh the aggravators vs. the mitigators, as required. In fact, during the post trial interview, some jurors reported that Juror #12 found the mitigator concerning the mental state of Jodi Arias very compelling. She shared that during the deliberations. Also according to jurors post trial, Juror 12 found that the Arias journal entries shed light on her state of mind, supporting another mitigator.

Allegation #5: “She allegedly stated that she believed that her fellow jurors were voting for death to seek revenge.” If, as many allege, that statement provides insight into her thought process evidencing that she never intended on voting for death under any circumstances, than she did a disservice. She should be prosecuted if she lied during jury selection when she said she could impose death if she wasn’t being truthful. However, perhaps when she made that remark during one of the many hours of heated deliberations she was merely offering her opinion, which is what is supposed to happen during deliberations. Perhaps she was attempting to get the other jurors to question their motives. It’s likely that she was attempting to illustrate to them that their verdict was based more on revenge than whether the aggravators outweighed the mitigators.

FINAL THOUGHTS

It’s possible that juror #12, like most Americans and fellow jurors, has always had strong feelings about the death penalty. It’s one of the most controversial issues around. That’s normal and is her right. It’s possible that after keeping an open mind throughout the trial, she opined that death was not appropriate as the prosecution did not carry their burden. She may have found that the mitigating circumstances were more compelling than the aggravating circumstances. It’s possible that she would agree to vote for a death sentence under the right circumstances. For her, this was not that scenario. It’s possible that not possessing the orating skills of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and/or Abraham Lincoln, she wasn’t able to clearly articulate why she found the mitigators more compelling than the aggravators. Whether you agree with her decision or not, it’s her right to have her own opinion. As long as she came by her decision honestly and lawfully, her decision should be supported, not condemned. To this day, I am still frustrated by the jurors’ decision in both the O.J. and Casey Anthony murder trials, however, I refuse to attack the jurors who worked hard to reach their decisions honestly and lawfully.

We don’t want a criminal justice system where jurors don’t feel comfortable holding on to their beliefs, even if they are unpopular. We don’t want a system where jurors forgo their lawfully reached conclusions because they want to please the other jurors, or worse, the pitchfork holding public. Regardless of whether I agree with Juror #12, I support her decision, absent any sufficient credible proof that she did anything unlawful. You have the right to continue to condemn her and the system. Having our own beliefs and being able to share them with others, or fellow jurors and/or readers of social media, is what makes this country so wonderful.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am

This is just unreal!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:41 pm

So sad!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Regarding Juan Martinez prosecuting the lone juror's ex husband, wouldn't Juan have been aware of that prior to jury selection??

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Juan did know that he prosecuted her husband.  I have no link....but I'm sure it will all come out at some point.  Got this from an "insider".

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 pm

One way or the other it's over at this point and Stabby's punishment is in the hands of Judge Stephens.
My only hope now is that she weighs heavily what the 11 jurors wanted for Arias and sentence her to life without parole.

She's a miserable excuse of a human being and her life is never going to be what she wants it to be again. Let her go fold paper into swans and draw until her fingers bleed.
Travis' family will file a wrongful death suit against her. Any money she makes from selling art and portions of the money she earns working at the prison will go to them.

I think eventually her arrogance will get her beat down once she makes it into the general population. She'll try suing the prison for one thing or another in an attempt to make herself relevant again.

I hope Travis' family can just step away now, stop going to court and subjecting themselves to having to look at her. Let the Judge do what she's been forced to do after all these years of legal wrangling.
Stephens knows what they are feeling and what they wanted to see happen to Arias. Their presence won't accomplish anything more regarding the sentence she hands down.

all stabby is now and will ever be in the future is a inmate number...

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Husband of holdout Arias juror prosecuted by Martinez

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:34 am

March 6, 2015

Authorities were providing security Friday for the sole juror who voted to spare the life of convicted murderer Jodi Arias.

No threats had been reported against any of the 12 jurors, authorities said. However, the lone holdout on the death penalty had requested the security after her name was posted on social media.

Prosecutors also said they're examining whether the holdout disclosed that her husband had been prosecuted by the same county attorney, Juan Martinez, who headed the case against Arias.

The name of the holdout juror in the sentencing retrial was leaked through a Twitter account that also posted sympathetic comments about Arias' victim Travis Alexander. The juror could not be reached for comment.

Meanwhile, a pro-Arias website published names of 11 people it said were the jurors who voted to sentence Arias to death for the 2008 killing.

A mistrial was declared Thursday and a judge will sentence Arias on April 13 to life in prison or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Arizona law prohibits the public release of juror names. It's unknown how the identities were leaked, but information appeared online after jurors who favored the death penalty expressed frustrations over the holdout.

Juror Emily Cova said she was relieved to hear that authorities were looking into the leak.

"I was a little nervous last night. But I'm feeling better now," said Cova, who agreed to be named.

Aaron Nash, a spokesman for the clerk of Maricopa County Superior Court, said no member of the clerk's staff reported being approached by anyone seeking the names of jurors.

"The office's primary concerns are the safety and privacy of these individuals who responded to this difficult and lengthy call to public service," Nash said in a statement.

Most of the jurors discussed their deliberations with the media on Thursday. However, the holdout hasn't publicly commented.

Her phone wasn't in service. She didn't return emails seeking comment. And no one answered the door when a reporter knocked on the door to her home Friday.

Officials at Maricopa County Superior Court didn't immediately return messages seeking comment.

Arias will remain in the Estrella Jail in west Phoenix as she testifies in a civil case. Further information on the matter wasn't immediately available. This is either the wrongful death suit Travis' family filed against Arias.(but I think this can't be officially filed until after she's sentenced) or it's about Cassandra Collins the cellmate that spoke to the media
Once her testimony is complete, Arias will be sent to prison.

She'll begin her sentence in a 12-by-7 foot cell in a maximum-security unit at the Perryville prison for women, located 30 miles west of downtown Phoenix. If prison officials deem her behavior good over time, she could be moved to a medium security unit.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum